unh-boot-camps-logo

UNH Boot Camps

Average Rating4.93
29 Reviews
2 Courses

UNH Boot Camps offer part-time, 24-week courses in web development and cybersecurity. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

Applicants do not need previous experience to enroll, but once admitted, all studen...

29 UNH Boot Camps Reviews

• Aug 24, 2021

Great School Great Experience

This school was an overall great experience.  They introduce you to a ton of technologies and the staff is very helpful.  It is challenging for sure but its very rewarding.  You may be nervous at first, but staying focused and following the path they lay out will lead to success.

Aug 27, 2021

Amazing, Corey! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and found our boot camp team to be helpful. We couldn't agree more that staying focused and following the learning path will lead you to success. Congratulations on completing the course, we appreciate your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Aug 22, 2021

Outstanding!

I can describe my UNH Coding Boot Camp experience in one word---Transformative!
     When I think back to my coding knowledge, skills, and abilities at the beginning of boot camp and where they are today, just 6 months later, I am amazed. I’ve learned a lot. While I have a lot more to learn, I’m confident that I’ll be able to secure an entry level web development job and add value to a team.
       I expected the pace to be fast (and it certainly w...

Aug 27, 2021

Way to go, Nicole! It's great to hear you had a transformative boot camp experience.

Our program is designed to cater to both experienced professionals and beginners, like yourself, and we couldn't agree more that the more effort you put into your learning journey, the more you will get out of it. You're completely right that the course will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom, so we commend all your hard work.

Our entire team is truly passionate about enabling student success so we're thrilled you benefited from their support. Great job on utilizing all the available resources including tutoring and office hours.

Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We're confident you'll go on to achieve great things with your newfound skillset.
  • Aug 22, 2021

Transformative!

I can describe my UNH Coding Bootcamp experience in one word---Transformative!

When I think of my coding knowledge, skills, and abilities at the beginning of boot camp and where they are today, just 6 months later, I am amazed. I’ve learned a lot. While I have a lot more to learn, I’m confident that I’ll be able to secure an entry level web development job and add value to a team.

I expected the pace to be fast (and it certainl...

• Jun 08, 2021

Full stack web developer experience

You will learn a lot. Not just HTML and CSS but JS, Node, express, react, performance, storage, how to deploy and databases as well. That being said you will have access to your teacher, teacher assistant, student success manager, career services (take advantage) and a tutor session which help the learning process so much. I know so much more now than when I started the class. The knowledge you gained will make it possible for you to create and deploy a MERN stack application on the web ...

Sep 02, 2021

Amazing, Patrick! It's great to hear you benefited from the curriculum and support of our entire boot camp team. We strive to foster a collaborative classroom environment so we're glad you made close connections with your classmates. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best as you move forward.
  • Mar 23, 2021

Honest thoughts on the course

Six months ago, I may have looked just like you do right now. I was contemplating joining this camp, but the leap was so scary. Will the time and investment be worth it? I had never coded a day in my life.

Today, I am graduating and very happy with the program.

Instructors: The main teacher has been in the industry for many years and had did a great job explaining complex concepts in simple terms. On top of that, he constantly offered real world advice and really helped u...

Mar 29, 2021

Thanks, Ethan! We're happy to hear you had a positive boot camp experience. It's great to know you found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and encouraging, not only offering real-world advice but consistently available whenever you needed additional assistance. Like you noted, this is a fast-paced and rigorous course, one that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom. Great job on utilizing career services and preparing to step out into the market. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your recommendation! We wish you continued success in all that you do.
  • Mar 23, 2021

Highly recommend for anybody considering coding!

For someone who had little to no knowledge about coding before enrolling, I am so happy with the result of my decision to enroll in the UNH Coding Bootcamp. I was definitely nervous going into the first week of class but everyone from my classmates to my instructor and teaching assistant to my Student Success Manager and Career Services team were nothing but extremely helpful, encouraging and supportive every step along the way. The course can feel fast paced at times but there was never...

Mar 29, 2021

Amazing, Junko! We're thrilled to hear that you found our entire boot camp team as well as your classmates to be helpful, encouraging, and supportive every step along the way. Like you noted, this program is fast-paced but if you're willing to put in the work and take advantage of all the available support you will succeed. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.

Excellent Experience

I had an excellent experience in the UNH Coding Bootcamp. It's amazing to think about the progress that is made in six short months. The instructional staff was fantastic, the student success manager checked in often just to make sure we were keeping up, and I am currently taking advantage of the career services. It was a rigorous six months, but I'm so thankful for the instructional staff and my classmates for working with me through the learning curves.

Sep 02, 2021

Incredible, Shannon! It's great to hear you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from the support of our entire team. Great advice on taking advantage of career services and using all the available resources the program has to offer. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! We're rooting you on in all that you do.

Incredible Experience

I am so happy I decided to enroll in this boot camp. I had little to no experience in programming before starting. I now have a portfolio of apps and projects that I can show to potential employers as well as a great programming foundation to continue learning upon.

The instructional and support staff were incredible. I was amazed by their intelligence, knowledge, and how they made difficult concepts easier to understand. However, this program is rigorous and difficult. The more ...

Mar 29, 2021

We appreciate your review, Aren! Our course is designed to cater to both experienced and novice beginners, like yourself, and we couldn't agree more that the more you put into your learning journey, the more you will get out of it. Our entire team strives to enable student success so we're glad you found them to be supportive. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future coding endeavors!

10/10 Would Do Again!

Everyone I worked with from enrollment through graduation was engaging, knowledgeable, and helpful.

I entered the program with very little programming knowledge, but that didn't hold me back. The program provides resources to help get you up to speed before classes begin, and once classes begin the instructors are so thorough that you don't need to worry about being left behind.

The projects we worked on helped me build a portfolio that I am proud to present to recruiters ...

Mar 29, 2021

Way to go, Michael! We're glad you found our entire boot camp team to be engaging, knowledgeable, and helpful. Like you noted, our program is designed for both experienced and novice beginners, like yourself, so we're thrilled you were able to successfully navigate the curriculum and build an impressive professional portfolio. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all that you do.
  • Dec 11, 2020

Wonderful and Invested

At first I was very nervous and had little idea what I was getting myself into. I knew i wanted a career change and to better myself. But after six months of the course i will say i didn't realize how much I would change. Not only did the instructors, TA's, and tutors go above and beyond to help me at any time, but the "guidance counselor" was always there to talk and help me walk back off the edge so to speak. They helped put things into perspective and were always there to help build a...

Dec 15, 2020

Thanks, Jesse! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a career change. We're thrilled to hear our entire boot camp team went above and beyond to exceed your expectations. We strive to enable student success, so it's great to know this resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating and all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Dec 10, 2020

Just Graduated!

It's crazy how much you can learn in such a short time! Things that used to seem completely foreign are now second nature. Documentation explaining how Javascript or some related technology, used to be impossible to read, and now it's my go-to for a clear-cut explanation. It wasn't easy but it was worth it. I'm someone who didn't have any post-secondary education and was tired of working jobs where I wasn't appreciated unless I worked myself like crazy. Who wants that?

My recommen...

Dec 15, 2020

Thank you, Brendan! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. We truly appreciate all the helpful advice you provided for interested candidates.

We couldn't agree more that going back and reviewing lectures, participating in group projects, staying ahead of your studies, communicating with both instructors and classmates, and completing your homework will help you excel in the program.

Congratulations on graduating and all the best in your future coding endeavors!
  • Dec 10, 2020

Great Program and Staff

I can't say enough about the quality of the staff and instruction on this boot camp.  I have been a teacher for 13 years and they went above and beyond to support the students.  I would recommend this program to anyone.

Dec 10, 2020

We appreciate your review, Chad! We're glad to hear you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team and are thrilled you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck moving forward!

UNH Boot Camps Alumni Outcomes

Recent UNH Boot Camps News

Imogen Crispe
Published May 01, 2017
  Missed out on coding bootcamp news in April? Never fear, Course Report is here! We’ve collected everything in this handy blog post and podcast. This month, we read about why outcomes reporting is useful for students, how a number of schools are working to boost their diversity with scholarships, we heard about student experiences at bootcamp, plus we added a bunch of interesting new scho...