ucr-extension-boot-camps-logo

UCR Extension Boot Camps

Riverside

UCR Extension Boot Camps

UCR Extension Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time web development and cybersecurity courses in Riverside, California. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Express.js, React.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, Git, Java, and Command Line. The cybersecurity curriculum provides hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UCR Extension Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 24-week boot camps, students have access to career-planning services including resume and portfolio reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Those who complete the program will receive a Certificate of Completion from UCR Extension Professional Studies and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or learn skills applicable to certifications in our cybersecurity program.

UCR Extension Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UCR Extension Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (29) reviews for UCR Extension Boot Camps →

Recent UCR Extension Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationRiverside
    At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
    Prep WorkPre-work
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationRiverside
    The Coding Boot Camp at UC Riverside Extension is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
    Prep WorkPre-work
  • Robert Evans • Network Support Analyst • Student
    First off, this course was great!  On my first day I was really nervous not really knowing what to expect or if I was smart enough to be in the class.  After my first day I knew I made the right decision to join the class.  The instructors were very knowledgeable and were really all about you and your understanding of the material and success in the class.  I learned way more than I thought I would.  The material I learned in the class really accelerated my learning curve about Cybersecurity.  I recommend this course to anyone.  Whether you're just starting out, or are a current IT professional in the field.  This course is designed for everyone.
  • Coding Bootcamp
    - 10/22/2019
    Stacey Drake • Property Manager • Student

This program is very intense from the beginning of the first night. I did not have any coding experience when I started but I will say that after 6 short months I can build a static website from scratch and even a small app with a front and back-end. The best advice I can give someone who is looking to sign-up for this program is to do your research first and make sure you understand what it is about before you commit. Also, know that you will need to put in a lot of hours outside the class the learn the material.

Wednesday, Oct 23 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Stacey! We're thrilled you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and feel confident in your newfound skills. Truly understanding the level of commitment and hard work that this program requires is important—this is great advice for both interested applicants and current students. Congratulations on graduating! Our entire team is rooting you on in all your future coding endeavors.
  • Geoffrey (Geo) Martinez • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate

I had been wanting to join a coding bootcamp, researched a few and decided to attend the Coding BootCamp at UCR - Full Stack Web Developer.  The program delivers as promised, I had a great experience and learned a lot. The course is fast paced and it helps if you come in at least knowing the basics of JavaScript; definetely complete the pre-work module prior to starting the course as this is what helped me a lot. The instructor was great, very knowledgeable and with real world experience. The Teaching assistants were also great and supported us every step of the way. Doing the assigned projects gave me real world experience of what is expected of good web developers. I'm happy I took on this challenge and completed the bootcamp succesfully.

Monday, Oct 21 2019
    Way to go, Geo! We appreciate you choosing our program to learn the fundamentals of full-stack web development. We're happy to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and had a positive student experience. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Kasey Fillpot • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate

Enrolling in the coding bootcamp at UCR was the best decision I could have made for myself. While the course is rigorous and fast-paced, Joe(instructor) & Hans & Sean(T.A.'s) were extremely helpful and patient.

You can expect to spend about 20+ hours on homework, depending on the difficulty and your level of comfort with the material. Projects were a blast to work on and you get to meet a lot of great people.

If you decide to join this field, I would highly suggest the coding bootcamp at UCR. This course has allowed me to make a better life for myself and my family. I will be forever thankful for the knowledge I've gained.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Thanks so much, Kasey! We're happy to hear our instructional team supported you throughout your boot camp journey—we also have to agree that Joe, Hans, and Sean are fantastic. Dedicating extensive time outside of class to mastering the course material is great advice for prospective learners, so we appreciate you sharing this helpful insight. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all your coding endeavors!
  • Web developer
    - 4/10/2019
    Lidia Davidson • Graduate

Before the course I never practiced or learned about web development. I did not have any idea how fascinating this journey can be until my fellow programmer told her experience and how big this field is. Yes, I could learn by myself, but it is not that easy how some youtube bloggers say, especially when you work full-time and have a family. There should be some structured learning process and group work involved to start thinking about coding and living by it.

I would like to thank my teacher Joe Tanksley, also TA guys Sean Roshan and Hans Tang for their dedicated work teaching us and helping with challanges, fixing our bugs and motivating us to keep pushing ourselves to the next level. I got an awesome team we keep in touch after the bootcamp and great friends!

I want to add though, It is not an easy course, very fast paced!!! I had a feeling that I was behind all the time, unfortunately.  They require to work on challanging homeworks every week, plus three big team projects, it can go over 20 hours a week.. But it is all worth it at the end and I am satusfied with what we came by the end of the course.

They also offer career services with weekly sessions on different topics related to job search, resume, technical interviews etc. Career coach Irene Tirella gives tips and tricks for building the best resume, social profiles, how to conduct a job search.

Recommend!

Monday, Apr 15 2019
    Amazing, Lidia! Thank you for choosing our program to initiate a career in web development. We're happy to hear you made lasting connections and were continuously motivated by our instructional team—Joe, Sean, and Hans are fantastic. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.