ucr-extension-boot-camps-logo

UCR Extension Boot Camps

Riverside

UCR Extension Boot Camps

UCR Extension Boot Camps offer 24-week, part-time web development and cybersecurity courses in Riverside, California. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Express.js, React.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, Git, Java, and Command Line. The cybersecurity curriculum provides hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UCR Extension Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 24-week boot camps, students have access to career-planning services including resume and portfolio reviews, technical interview training, virtual tech panels, 1:1 coaching, and more. Those who complete the program will receive a Certificate of Completion from UCR Extension Professional Studies and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or learn skills applicable to certifications in our cybersecurity program.

UCR Extension Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UCR Extension Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.74

all (35) reviews for UCR Extension Boot Camps →

Recent UCR Extension Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationRiverside
    At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
    Prep WorkPre-work
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationRiverside
    The Coding Boot Camp at UC Riverside Extension is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    Tuition PlansPayment plans available
    Prep WorkPre-work
  • Nolen Diggs  User Photo
    Nolen Diggs • Independent Consultant • Student Verified via LinkedIn

The Boot Camp at UCR is very well done. This program offers current technology, and ensures that students are prepaired for jobs. The instructor was a well seasoned professional. He was able to share important insights about careers as Front and Backend Web Developers. His name was Joe Tanksley. The TEA's, which supported our class, were well versed in front and backend web design. They provided great support during excercises. They were Sean and Hans.

This course is not easy. It takes a greatdeal of work and preperation, but it is well worth it. This program also offers a very good career placement service. This propgram does a good job of helping attendees with resume and brand devlopement. Overall, this is a great program and well worth the investment.

Monday, Apr 15 2019
    Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Nolen! We're thrilled you felt supported by our entire instructional team and have to agree that Joe, Sean, and Hans are pretty great. Great advice for prospective students—this course requires a great deal of work and preparation but is well worth it. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best moving forward!

• Former Student
    - 12/21/2020
    Yulin Karaiscos • Full Stack Developer - Code Haus Creative • Graduate
    Attended the Full Stack Development course at UC Riverside and had a great overall experience. It wasn't easy but the instructors, assistants, faulty and student success managers were amazing and sincerely made their goal to help the entire class succeed. Although, Covid put a major stress on the class and everyone involved. The staff made every effort to ensure that we were getting the most guidance and support throughout the six months. The initial few weeks were tough as everyone was getting used to life on lockdown and the course going from the expected physical attendance on campus to a virtual Zoom session. During that time I felt overwhelmed and not sure if I had made the right choice. Despite my fears and lack of confidence with the curriculum and speed of the course the instructors did an amazing job of keeping me engaged and on track. I feel like they truly cared about not just my progress in class and my understanding of the course but also my well-being as well as all of the other students in the class. The student success manager and my weekly tutor was amazing and truly couldn't have completed the course without them. They really took my experience over the top and pushed me to stick with it even when I thought about quitting. I owe a lot to them and know that any student who has the opportunity to work with them will succeed if they too put in the effort. The course is tough and there is a tremendous amount of class work, home work and studying but if you are focused, dedicated and open to new ideas then anyone can succeed, especially with the help of everyone involved with the course. Since I have graduated the experience is still awesome! I am now working with my post graduation career manager and she couldn't be more amazing so far and I feel extremely confidant that the choice I made about 8 months ago to attend the course was the right one for me and my future.

The amount of tools and information that are available to every student during class and now after is invaluable if you take advantage of it. They give their students everything they need to succeed for both in class and after you graduate. I would recommend this course, UCR and Trinity to anyone looking to better themselves and improve their options in the search for employment and a promising new career.
    Tuesday, Dec 22 2020
    Way to go, Yulin! We're thrilled to hear you benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Like you mentioned, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all learners. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the online format.

We couldn't agree more that if you are focused, dedicated, and open to new ideas you will succeed in the program. We commend all the hard work you dedicated to your studies these past few months. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • William Spigner • T-Mobile Training Manager • Graduate
    My overall experience was great! The challenges presented to our class helped us to believe in our ability to learn, adapt to, and achieve. I have already promoted and got one of my friends signed up for the next class because I felt so good about the outcome. The instructors are very knowledgeable being that they are still involved in the industry, and they are also invested in making sure you understand the curriculum that is being taught. Great class to be in!

Wednesday, Aug 12 2020
    Amazing, William! We're thrilled you felt challenged and encouraged to improve your ability to learn, adapt to, and achieve new milestones throughout your learning journey. Congratulations on successfully graduating, we appreciate your review and recommendation! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Jeffrey Hanapin • Graduate
    The choice in going to a coding bootcamp was the best choice I could make in order to better my future. I was first scared to take this path mainly because this is my first time working with code; but with the support of the staff AND your classmates the road doesn't seem that scary. If you ever feel like you're struggling you always have access to tutoring, which I found it really helpful. My personal opinion, but I feel that it's worth taking the course if you either want a new path to a better career or to just better your skills. The opportunity is there.
    Monday, Aug 10 2020
    We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Jeffrey! Like you noted, it can be intimidating to embark on a new challenge, such as this one, so it's great to hear you found ongoing support from our entire team as well as your classmates. Great tip — taking advantage of tutoring can truly help you stay ahead. Congratulations on graduating and all the best moving forward!
  • Bill Carter • Graduate
    I would strongly recommend the cybersecurity bootcamp to anyone. The bootcamp greatly improved my current skills and introduced me to applications, skills, and terminology I was never aware of (but needed). After completing the curriculum not only was I more apt, but it helped bring my understanding and expectations within the cybersecurity industry much closer to reality. It helped me decide what job role I would focus on in cybersecurity and the instructor provided a lot of much-needed direction. The cybersecurity bootcamp will help you take your first crucial steps with getting into the industry. However, like anything, be prepared to work hard to truly make it count.
    Monday, Aug 10 2020
    Way to go, Bill! Thank you for choosing our program to further your current skills, it's great to hear you were introduced to new applications and industry terminology. You provided interested candidates some great advice — in order to truly make the most out of your learning experience, be prepared to work hard. Congratulations on completing the boot camp, we're rooting you on in all that you do!
  • Robert Evans • Network Support Analyst • Student
    First off, this course was great!  On my first day I was really nervous not really knowing what to expect or if I was smart enough to be in the class.  After my first day I knew I made the right decision to join the class.  The instructors were very knowledgeable and were really all about you and your understanding of the material and success in the class.  I learned way more than I thought I would.  The material I learned in the class really accelerated my learning curve about Cybersecurity.  I recommend this course to anyone.  Whether you're just starting out, or are a current IT professional in the field.  This course is designed for everyone.
    Monday, Aug 10 2020
    We appreciate your review, Robert! We're thrilled you found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and enjoyed the curriculum. Like you mentioned, our program is built for individuals across a wide range of proficiency levels, ranging from those with more experience to novice beginners. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in all that you do!
  • Coding Bootcamp
    - 10/22/2019
    Stacey Drake • Property Manager • Student

This program is very intense from the beginning of the first night. I did not have any coding experience when I started but I will say that after 6 short months I can build a static website from scratch and even a small app with a front and back-end. The best advice I can give someone who is looking to sign-up for this program is to do your research first and make sure you understand what it is about before you commit. Also, know that you will need to put in a lot of hours outside the class the learn the material.

Wednesday, Oct 23 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Stacey! We're thrilled you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and feel confident in your newfound skills. Truly understanding the level of commitment and hard work that this program requires is important—this is great advice for both interested applicants and current students. Congratulations on graduating! Our entire team is rooting you on in all your future coding endeavors.
  • Geoffrey (Geo) Martinez • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate

I had been wanting to join a coding bootcamp, researched a few and decided to attend the Coding BootCamp at UCR - Full Stack Web Developer.  The program delivers as promised, I had a great experience and learned a lot. The course is fast paced and it helps if you come in at least knowing the basics of JavaScript; definetely complete the pre-work module prior to starting the course as this is what helped me a lot. The instructor was great, very knowledgeable and with real world experience. The Teaching assistants were also great and supported us every step of the way. Doing the assigned projects gave me real world experience of what is expected of good web developers. I'm happy I took on this challenge and completed the bootcamp succesfully.

Monday, Oct 21 2019
    Way to go, Geo! We appreciate you choosing our program to learn the fundamentals of full-stack web development. We're happy to hear you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and had a positive student experience. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Kasey Fillpot • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate

Enrolling in the coding bootcamp at UCR was the best decision I could have made for myself. While the course is rigorous and fast-paced, Joe(instructor) & Hans & Sean(T.A.'s) were extremely helpful and patient.

You can expect to spend about 20+ hours on homework, depending on the difficulty and your level of comfort with the material. Projects were a blast to work on and you get to meet a lot of great people.

If you decide to join this field, I would highly suggest the coding bootcamp at UCR. This course has allowed me to make a better life for myself and my family. I will be forever thankful for the knowledge I've gained.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Thanks so much, Kasey! We're happy to hear our instructional team supported you throughout your boot camp journey—we also have to agree that Joe, Hans, and Sean are fantastic. Dedicating extensive time outside of class to mastering the course material is great advice for prospective learners, so we appreciate you sharing this helpful insight. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all your coding endeavors!
  • Web developer
    - 4/10/2019
    Lidia Davidson • Graduate

Before the course I never practiced or learned about web development. I did not have any idea how fascinating this journey can be until my fellow programmer told her experience and how big this field is. Yes, I could learn by myself, but it is not that easy how some youtube bloggers say, especially when you work full-time and have a family. There should be some structured learning process and group work involved to start thinking about coding and living by it.

I would like to thank my teacher Joe Tanksley, also TA guys Sean Roshan and Hans Tang for their dedicated work teaching us and helping with challanges, fixing our bugs and motivating us to keep pushing ourselves to the next level. I got an awesome team we keep in touch after the bootcamp and great friends!

I want to add though, It is not an easy course, very fast paced!!! I had a feeling that I was behind all the time, unfortunately.  They require to work on challanging homeworks every week, plus three big team projects, it can go over 20 hours a week.. But it is all worth it at the end and I am satusfied with what we came by the end of the course.

They also offer career services with weekly sessions on different topics related to job search, resume, technical interviews etc. Career coach Irene Tirella gives tips and tricks for building the best resume, social profiles, how to conduct a job search.

Recommend!

Monday, Apr 15 2019
    Amazing, Lidia! Thank you for choosing our program to initiate a career in web development. We're happy to hear you made lasting connections and were continuously motivated by our instructional team—Joe, Sean, and Hans are fantastic. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
    I don't know where to even start..if you guys are considering investing money on this bootcamp...I would suggest taking your money somewhere else. I will start by saying not everything is bad on this bootcamp; the curriculum is good and there are a lot of examples to walk you thru what you need to learn. However...our cohort was online and we had to change instructors 4 times....4 TIMES! The class started with 30+ students but the instructors were so bad and unprofessional that most people ended up dropping out. Half of the class was complaining but all fell into deaf ears.

Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else..
    Thursday, Sep 17 2020
    Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you're enjoying the curriculum but regret to hear that the boot camp as a whole is not living up to your expectations.

Like you mentioned, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online for the health and safety of all participants. We do leverage existing technologies and processes to move our courses online efficiently and are confident that our course can be delivered successfully through this virtual format. However, we understand that this unplanned change did require some adjustments and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

It's our goal for all individuals to complete the program feeling equipped for success, so we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you and determine what additional assistance we can provide for you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (951) 335-8620.