uc-san-diego-extended-studies-boot-camps-logo

UC San Diego Extended Studies Boot Camps

San Diego

UC San Diego Extended Studies Boot Camps

UC San Diego Extended Studies Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development courses, and 24-week, part-time data science and cybersecurity courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, UC San Diego Extended Studies Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, virtual tech panels, mock interviews, and 1:1 career coaching. Upon program completion, students will receive an Award of Completion from UC San Diego Extended Studies and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data science, or have skills applicable to cybersecurity certifications.

UC San Diego Extended Studies Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UC San Diego Extended Studies Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.66

all (39) reviews for UC San Diego Extended Studies Boot Camps →

Recent UC San Diego Extended Studies Boot Camps News

Read all (3) articles about UC San Diego Extended Studies Boot Camps →
  • Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationSan Diego
    The Cybersecurity Boot Camp at UC San Diego Extension is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationSan Diego
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

CSS, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js, HTML
    LocationSan Diego
    The Coding Boot Camp at UC San Diego Extension is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

jQuery, JavaScript, CSS, Git, HTML, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, React.js
    LocationSan Diego
    The Coding Boot Camp at UC San Diego Extension is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.

3 Scholarships

• $500 UC San Diego Extension Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UC San Diego Extension Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (San Diego)
    • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time (San Diego)
  • $500 UC San Diego Extension Boot Camps Scholarship

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (San Diego)
  • $500 UC San Diego Extension Boot Camps Scholarship

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (San Diego)
  • Greg Lee Review
    - 8/1/2017
    Gregory Lee  User Photo
    Gregory Lee • Student Verified via GitHub

I thought the bootcamp was overall good. I feel that I learned a lot, and in fact I am going to be TAing for the next session. My only piece of feedback, and something I plan on bringing to my session, is that there should be a little more stratified challenges. I get that it is difficult to cater to each individual student's skill set, however, I think it would be beneficial to the students on both ends of the spectrum to have a little bit of bonus material, to challenge the students who are excelling and to reinforce concepts for students who are struggling.

Response From: Eric Johnson of UC San Diego Extended Studies Boot Camps
    Title: Student Success Manager
    Wednesday, Aug 02 2017
    Congratulations on becoming a boot camp TA, Gregory! We’re glad that you learned a lot from this program, and we really appreciate your feedback. We realize that not all students learn the course material at the same pace, so we’re thrilled to have you join our staff with your first-hand experience of the student perspective.  We can’t wait to see what you will bring to our program.
  • Mikayla • Graduate
    Learn in-demand skills through a market-driven curriculum: HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, progressive web apps, agile methodology, computer science, database theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Git, and more.
    Tuesday, Jun 14 2022
    Thank you, Mikayla! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and learned a wide range of new technologies. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Sarah • Graduate
    Great instruction team that provides a simple approach to complex ideas. Open communication in an online environment with hands-on approach. Great way to get a jumpstart on a new career in a popular field. I landed a dream job before class was finished with a 180 degree career change.
    Tuesday, Dec 07 2021
    We appreciate your review, Sarah! It's great to hear you enjoyed the hands-on learning environment and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Ryan Hsiao • Technical Support Engineer • Student
    This boot camp is definitely something you have to really think hard about. If you are serious and willing to put in 30+ hours of work AFTER class this is it for you. There is just so much information that you learn that it would be impossible to only use class time to learn. One great thing about this boot camp is the support they offer after the camp is over. You are allowed to keep the curriculum for an additional  year so you can go back and re watch and learn things over again. Overall, I would recommend this boot camp to anyone one who is willing to put in the hours.
    Friday, Nov 19 2021
    Amazing, Ryan! Like you noted, this is a rigorous program that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom. If you're serious and willing to work hard you can definitely succeed. We're glad to hear you're going to utilize the post-boot camp resources. We look forward to helping you finish out the course and truly appreciate your review!
  • Dinh Chau • Student
    The course is extremely fast. That is to be expected. The course I took goes over Excel/VBA, Python, Pandas, Matplotlib, Javascript, HTML, CSS, and end with Machine Learning. This is an overview but it covers a lot in 6 months. The TA and Instructor I had were extremely helpful when I became stuck with either the homework or when we jumped to a new topic. They answered the class's questions and applied their real-life experience to tie what we learn back to the real world.
    Friday, Nov 05 2021
    Way to go, Dinh! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and found our entire instructional team to be supportive. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Not worth it.
    - 10/26/2021
    Mike • Student
    The full time coding bootcamp has been one of the worst experiences of my life.  I've studied around the clock and can't up with the pace of the class.  $12,000 and 3 months down the drain.  The instructors and staff are all very nice and helpful, and I definitely have learned a good amount during the first few weeks.  The pace is way too fast.  They should have a much more rigorous acceptance test.  There's no way I'm qualified for this.
    Friday, Oct 29 2021
    Thank you for your feedback, Mike. We're glad to hear you're benefiting from the help of our instructional team but regret the boot camp is not living up to your expectations.

You are completely right that this is a fast-paced and challenging program, covering a wide range of knowledge in a limited amount of time. Each of our classes are designed to build upon the last, and we do find that as the course continues, students begin to feel more and more confident in their skills. From your review, we understand that you do not feel this learning approach has been sufficiently beneficial for you and we appreciate your input, as we're constantly optimizing our curriculum and program offerings.

We do have a multi-step admissions process to ensure that participants are set up for success and do our best to make it clear to learners that this program takes incredibly hard work and dedication, requiring many hours outside of class on self-study and projects in order to master the topics covered.

We are committed to students feeling confident in their skills upon leaving our boot camp, so we'd love to hear from you directly to see what else we can do at this time to best meet your expectations and reinforce your learning. If you would like, please reach out to us at (858) 519-8997.
  • Ryan Little • Graduate
    The power of data is remarkable and I've grown excited for because of this bootcamp. Frankly this course was exactly what I needed. I had recently finished a general MBA and did not select a concentration, I bet if that school had this bootcamp I would have chosen it for concentration. The program was rewarding because it taught me a new kind of discipline, a new way to learn, and challenged me to change my habits for the better. The curriculum covers an incredible amount of content and opens doors to other parts of data and coding. I'm very proud of myself, which doesn't happen often. If you have the time, the time, the effort, and enjoy logic, take this course. The Instructors are passionate about this subject and want you to succeed. Thank you Peter and Alan.
    Tuesday, Nov 24 2020
    Amazing, Ryan! We're glad to hear you had a positive boot camp experience and enjoyed the curriculum. It's great to know you felt supported by our entire instructional team and couldn't agree more that Peter and Alan are pretty fantastic. Like you said, if you have the time, effort, and enjoy logic this program could be the right fit. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! Best of luck in all that you do.
  • Jaycee Bagtas • Student
    I am about half way through my boot camp and have learned so much but nearly not anywhere near all of what we've been taught. The boot camp is really fast so my advice is to really commit to it so that you can take full advantage of your time in school. Go over each and every activity a couple of times after class in between trying to soak up all of the  resources the instructor and teaching aids give you.

At this point, our instructor has been encouraging us to start applying for jobs and he's been taking the time to do mock interviews with us which is an awesome value added resource in and of itself. As much as I'd love to start applying, I am still trying to catch up with what we're learning so like I mentioned above, you really have to be committed - because even if you are, the content may or may not come easy for everyone. If it does, great. If you're like me where it takes a bit to sink it, you're going to have to really put in the time.
    Wednesday, Mar 11 2020
    Thank you for sharing your current program experience, Jaycee! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the boot camp and benefiting from our career support.

As you mentioned, this program is fast-paced and challenging, and it requires a lot of time and dedication. You've given great advice for prospective candidates—efficiently managing your time and consistently reviewing the material can definitely help you stay ahead.

Congratulations on all your hard work thus far, we're rooting you on as you continue towards completing the course!
  • Great Course
    - 5/31/2019
    Alan Cecil • Graduate

I am a 2018 graduate of the UC San Diego Extension Data Science and Visualization Bootcamp. This course is great if you want to jumpstart a career in programming or just expand your skillset. The curriculum is well designed and updated regularly to keep up with the current technologies used in the industry. The bootcamp is fast paced and could be difficult to keep up with if you are completely new to programming. Although not necessary,  I would recommend taking a little time to learn some coding fundamentals before starting the course. You'll need 20 hours a week to study at minimum. The more you put into it the more you’ll get out. Everyone on the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. The structure of the class and the opportunity to work with other students on group projects were invaluable to my coding experience.

Monday, Jun 03 2019
    Thanks so much, Alan! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and found the group projects to be invaluable in your learning experience. We also agree that the more you put into the program, the more you’ll get out. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and best of luck moving forward!
  • Kevin Lee • Web Developer & Instructional Assistant • Graduate

I've taken this course from May - November 2018 part-time, and I must say, it has changed my life completely. From barely having much coding knowledge, this bootcamp has taught me ins and outs of becoming a web developer and provided clear instructions and career services to achieve my goals. I've also gotten a chance to work as a TA for this bootcamp, and I realized that this course constantly changes to provide students with the most current technologies and tools, which is awesome! If you are looking for a career change to tech, or trying to improve on web development knowledge, this course is definitely a great choice.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Way to go, Kevin! Our team is passionate about enabling student success, so we're thrilled to hear our program had such a profound impact. We're glad you were able to learn full-stack skills and appreciate you returning to TA for us. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review!
  • Full Stack Course
    - 5/30/2019
    David • Student

I came in with zero programming knowledge and experience. I was a part of a full time cohort which really benefitted my learning process. If you have the time to spend outside of class to supplement the main lecture I believe that you will be successful. I am very happy with my decision to take the plunge and change careers.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Amazing, David! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and chose our program to make a significant career change. Thank you for your review, we wish you continued success in your future endeavors!
  • Brian Lee • UI Engineer • Graduate

I have been a teaching assistant for the program since February 2019. The program exposes students with the latest web technologies and effectively prepares them for the Job Market in San Diego. Upon graduating from the program, I have been able to secure a full-time job within 4 months. The career services and teaching staff team has been instrumental in my success in the program. I believe that the true value of the program comes from the dedicated support staff. Coding is hard for someone with no prior experience. I was only able to make through the rigorous program due to the support not only during class but also post-graduation support. Continuous support and consistent number to students returning to contribute to the UC San Diego Extension Boot Camp have helped build an invaluable community and network of support. Ultimately, if a student dedicates themselves, they will find success through the program.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Thank you, Brian! We're thrilled our entire team was instrumental in your success. Great advice for prospective learners—it's crucial to dedicate yourself to the program and put in the work in order to be successful. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate you returning as a TA! All the best on your new career path.