thinkful-logo

Thinkful

Thinkful

Thinkful, a Chegg service, provides every adult learner with a pathway to a rewarding career. This online bootcamp offers fast-paced, career-focused programs in Software Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, Digital Marketing, and Technical Project Management. These programs are offered in part-time and full-time formats. Students commit 20-25 hours per week in the part-time format, and up to 60 hours in the full-time option. All programs include personal mentor meetings, a custom-built curriculum, and Q&A sessions with industry professionals.

On top of learning the most up-to-date industry skills, students benefit from 1-on-1 mentorship, and receive career support from the day they enroll. Students continue to get personalized support from a dedicated career coach for six months after graduation, or until they’re hired. Each student graduates with a professional portfolio, interview experience, and the tools they need to navigate the job market. Students join a community of 3,000+ learners and mentors to get on-demand help and build a professional network.

Thinkful also offers an expanding list of flexible payment options. Thinkful students are empowered to balance life and learning, and can complete any of the part-time programs even if they plan to keep working in an existing job. They can access course materials from anywhere in the world.

Prospective students can apply via Thinkful.com, and schedule a call to chat with an advisor.

Recent Thinkful Reviews: Rating 4.55

all (911) reviews for Thinkful →

Recent Thinkful News

Read all (117) articles about Thinkful →
  • Data Analytics Flex

Data Analytics , Business Intelligence, Data Visualization, Excel, MySQL, Python, SQL
    Set your schedule in a program built to turn your into a highly-paid data analyst in six months. Benefit from one-on-one mentorship, career guidance, and community support from enroll to hire.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/flexible/#pricing
    ScholarshipSelf-identifying women and US military members (active or discharged) are eligible for reduced tuition.
  • Data Analytics Immersion

SQL, Python, MySQL, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Business Intelligence
    A rigorous and structured full-time program built to get you a job as a data analyst. Benefit from instructor-led learning, a virtual classroom environment, 1-on-1 mentorship, and a robust support team.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/full-time/#pricing
  • Data Science Flex

Algorithms, Data Science, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Python, Spark, SQL
    A flexible, online data science course aimed at helping you launch a career. One-on-one mentorship, professional guidance, and a robust community network are on hand to help you succeed in this highly advanced profession.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-science/flexible/#pricing
    Minimum Skill LevelIntermediate
  • Digital Marketing Flex

Data Analytics , Digital Marketing, Growth Hacking, SEO
    Learn the technical skills needed to build an audience, create a brand, and drive sales. Study with a flexible, online schedule, a personal mentor, and peer groups. Professional career coaches guide you with networking advice and personalized resume tips to help secure a high-income marketing role.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/digital-marketing/flexible/#pricing
  • Engineering Flex

React.js, Node.js, JavaScript, HTML, Git, Front End, CSS
    A flexible program built to get you a career in full-stack web development. Study online at a pace that works for you, while a team of mentors, career coaches, and peers guides you every step of the way.
  • Engineering Immersion

CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, React.js
    A fast-tracked, full time program of online classes, mentorship, and career coaching. Skills, tools, and the support you need to become a highly paid full-stack web developer.
  • Technical Project Management Flex

Break into tech as a project manager. Learn how to plan, schedule, and budget in a business setting while developing the leadership skills for long-term career growth. A flexible format that works around your schedule, with industry mentors and career support until you’re hired.
  • UX/UI Flex

Design, Front End, User Experience Design, CSS, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery
    Set your schedule with an online program aimed at taking you from newbie to a confident, highly-paid product designer. Learn the skills and the best way to present them with a team of mentors, career coaches, and community supporters.
  • UX/UI Immersion

User Experience Design, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Git, Front End, Design, CSS
    Learn career-ready skills in research, web design, and teamwork on your path to a high-paying role in UX/UI. One-on-one mentorship, interview prep and community support take you from newbie to hired and beyond.
  • Matthew C.  User Photo
    Matthew C. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Thinkfulbwas absolutely pinnacle in allowing me to Jumpstart my career. Without spending years and years getting a Bachelors degree, within 6 months Thinkful has given me incredible skills and knowledge that have set me up to start job searching for my dream career. In the Data Analytics Flex program, you get ample time to work on assignments that help you develop skills in excel, Python, sql, Tableau, and more! Even after completion, the network of career advisors work hand in hand to make sure you can get started in a new career ASAP. ALL ONLINE!
  • Jonny D  User Photo
    Jonny D • Software Developer • Student Verified via GitHub
    Honestly, way better than I thought it would be. The course itself taught me alot about what it was like to be in an enterpise enviroment, and best practices with an agile style. They helped me apply to alot of jobs, although I didn't really get anywhere for about a year or so. I dont really blame them, because they gave me the tools, and resources, and even set me up with a career coach. I think covid, and my lack of discipline held me back. Anyway very grateful to go through this course.
  • Jason Westfall  User Photo
    Jason Westfall • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before I got into Thinkful, I was doing some research on courses on how to become a data analyst.  I looked at Thinkful as one possibility and Udacity as another.  To get my feet wet, I decided to enroll in Udacity first as that was a cheaper option to see if I had the "chops" to do this as a career.  After passing two different courses, I enrolled in Thinkful as I wanted to gain some skills in Excel and Tableau.  I picked up doing SQL and Python from Udacity.  The other reason I decided to enroll in Thinkful's Data Analytics course was for the career assistance to help graduates for up to six months after they graduate to land their first job in the field.

Needless to say, because I live in a fairly rural area of the U.S, and I don't qualify for the tuition guarantee.  It is something to keep in mind if you don't live near a big city.  Nevertheless, despite that, I decided to go forward with it and do the program anyway.

I thought they did a good job with the structure of the program and set deadlines or goal dates that one should complete a certain assignment.  While the course is outlined to be six months in duration, I was able to finish it in 3.5 months from January to April.  For me, it ran smoothly and I rarely got stuck on anything.  They do a good job explaining most modules and give a decent walkthrough on how to tackle certain things.  Granted you have to take some time to think on how to proceed with certain projects and assignments, but one can employ the slack channel as well as getting coaching help if needed.

However, I felt they should have had a capstone project where a student uses SQL and Tableau to demonstrate their skills outside of the assignments in the curriculum.  Another issue I had was the beginning module of Python.  I feel that they should revise that and have student practice more coding exercises on their own outside of Qualified.IO (the assessment website that tests students' ability on coding).  I was thinking to myself while going through that first module, "Thank goodness I took Udacity and got exposed to Python!"  The latter Python modules were great, and I picked up a few things doing those.

I just started with the career portion of Thinkful, and I'm seeing that if one applies the tips and lessons that a career coach gives as well as the general career modules that Thinkful shares with students, they should be able to pick up an entry-level job within six months.  While this process streamlines the way to get a job, a student still needs to put in the work to network, apply, and keep practicing their skills that they have learned from Thinkful.

TL;DR Course is good; Career support is Wonderful; Learn basic Python before enrolling in this course.

• Do it!
    - 5/6/2021
    Terrick Terry  User Photo
    Terrick Terry • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was nervous at first about going to thinkful, but the program the instructors and my cohort were all wonderful. After graduating my advisor helped me tremendously with the job hunt process and I am positive the skills I have gained will be of use in Analytics and in other areas of my life.
  • Gio P.  User Photo
    Gio P. • Marketing Assistant • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I dabbled in digital marketing for a few years before I stumbled upon Thinkful's course. The reason I took it was because I wanted a professional certification proving I knew digital marketing AND to help me fine tune things I didn't know as a marketer. I really enjoyed the learning style, the class room environment, and working with my classmates. Thinkful provided me MORE than enough support, regardless of my experience level. I was referred to Thinkful by a friend and I don't regret it. I will definitely recommend Thinkful to other people searching for a career change/advancement. It's truly one of the best decision I've made in several years. I also started a new job about 30-45 days after class completion.
  • Matthew Chisholm  User Photo
    Matthew Chisholm • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I absolutely loved my experience in the Data Analytics Flex Program with Thinkful.  The content was engaging but was not overload, my mentor was incredibly professional and encouraging, and I really felt like I received the sort of training I need to be a relevant candidate on the job from day 1.  I recommend this program as highly as I possibly can.
  • Cody Brandli  User Photo
    Cody Brandli • Data Entry Specialist, Customer Service Representative • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    One of the most intense learning experiences of my life and loved the curriculum. If you are looking to get true real time application of analytics this is the curriculum for you, maybe never thought you would be able to go back to school this school is life changing. The immersion course I took was so mind fulfilling, I never expected to be tested so mentally and truly enjoy it. All around amazing experience from instructors, mentors, advisors, curriculum.
  • Daniel  User Photo
    Daniel • Sr. Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Through Thinkful Data Analytics Flex program, I was able to get a job offer, Senior Analyst at a Healthcare industry. There are so many good things about this program, which is called Job Gureentee. For some reason, if you are not hired after 6 months you graduated, then you will get refunded. This was the main reason why I chose this program over others. I thought that I have nothing to lose.

Through this program, I learned Exel, SQL, Tableau and Python. The quality of the contents is pretty good. I wish they would spend more time on SQL but you will get plenty of materials that you can use at work.

The most important thing that I want to share with you is that you will get a mentor and meet with him/her once every week. They are expert. The mentor who I had was the vice president at Bank of America. I learned a lot from him.

After you graduated, you will get a career coach who will guide you to succeed to get a job. As long as you follow their plan, you will get hired.

If you are looking for a boot camp or looking for another opportunity to move to Data driven company but don't have any background, this is the best starting point. I strongly recommend it.
  • UX/UI Immersion
    - 4/28/2021
    German  User Photo
    German • Product Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before enrolling in Thinkful's UX/UI Immersion program, I was working as a graphic designer making $15 an hour (after graduating with a BFA).

The course was excellent at getting me ready to find a job in the field—with tons of information and resources. It helped that I had a graphic design background, but I also got as much out of the program as I put into it.

We had three different instructors with different backgrounds (freelance, agency, and in-house). They were all very helpful and shared their experience with real-world examples and anecdotes. I was also assigned a mentor in the field who helped me with different assignments, gave me advice in the field, and talked to me about his current projects.

Upon graduating, I worked with a career coach who helped me perfect my job-hunting strategy and held me accountable. I spent several hours each day applying to different jobs and that process became a full-time job in itself. In the end, the certificate by itself didn't matter as much as the knowledge I gained from the course, my experience, and my portfolio.  I found a job one month after graduating making the average level entry salary.

Notes:
    • Having a design background helped tremendously throughout the course and during the job search. People with no design experience beforehand had more of a challenge.
    • The graders weren't always on the same page with each other, but it seemed to get better towards the end of the program.
    • I didn't use the TA's as much, but other students had mixed feelings about them.
  • Jake Elizondo  User Photo
    Jake Elizondo • Verified via LinkedIn
    Overall I had an excellent experience at Thinkful which culminated in accepting a job offer as a Software Engineer one month after my graduation. The curriculum and instructors I thought were really great, though I was the last cohort on that version of the curriculum, so I cannot speak to the new curriculum. Hopefully they have added in React Hooks. My one less-than-great experience was the group work, I think they are actively working on finding a better way to structure group coding. I had a couple good groups, but most of the time people would either not come to the group sessions or just mute themselves and effectively not be there. By the end of the course I was pretty much just working solo. However, despite the group experience not being ideal I still learned an absolute ton and was able to land a job, which was the goal!
  • Mel  User Photo
    Mel • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Thinkful provided a thorough review of the building blocks for being a data analyst. I felt confident applying to jobs with the knowledge I gained. Thinkful offers plenty of virtual support from weekly sessions with a mentor from your area of study to a job coach after completion of the course. There is chat tutors and virtual tutoring rooms.
  • Data Science Flex
    - 4/22/2021
    Thomas Orgler  User Photo
    Thomas Orgler • Product Analyst • Verified via LinkedIn
    Was a great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of data science and apply in real-time projects. Very grateful to the program and how structured it is to set the student up for success.

Thinkful Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 9 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries. 0% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.

Read the full Thinkful CIRR report here