thinkful-logo

Thinkful

Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York City, Online, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Raleigh, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa, Washington

Thinkful

Thinkful is an online school that equips students for new careers by offering online, fast-paced, job-ready programs in software engineering, data science, data analytics, design, and product management. Students learn cutting-edge industry standards, have 1-on-1 mentoring with an industry professional, and receive career services and job placement assistance to get a job in tech (and even offer a tuition refund guarantee). While Thinkful is an online platform, the school also has in-person communities in tech hubs around the US, where students can attend in-person events and classes.

Thinkful’s flagship programs are the 5-month Engineering Immersion and Data Science Immersion, Engineering Flex, Engineering Nights & Weekends, Data Science Flex, Product Design Flex, Product Management Flex, and Data Analytics Flex. All courses include personal mentor meetings, a custom-built curriculum, and daily mentor-hosted Q&A sessions with industry professionals. Students are expected to commit 50-60 hours per week for Immersion programs and 20 to 25 hours per week for Flexible programs. Thinkful students can set their schedules, learn while they can keep their jobs, and access course materials from anywhere in the world. Students join a community of 3000+ students and mentors on Slack to get on-demand code help and build a professional network. All graduates receive lifetime access to the course curriculum.

Thinkful offers all students career guidance to navigate the job market, build a professional portfolio, and prepare for interviews. All programs guarantee job placement in a qualifying position that is full-time and in-field. If students are not placed within 6 months of graduation, they get a 100% tuition refund.

Prospective students can apply via the Thinkful website, and schedule a call to chat with an advisor. It’s important to note that the Data Science Immersion and Flexible programs have more strict admissions requirements than other programs.

Recent Thinkful Reviews: Rating 4.62

all (538) reviews for Thinkful →

Recent Thinkful News

Read all (81) articles about Thinkful →
  • Data Analytics Flex

MySQL, Python, Data Visualization, SQL, Excel, Data Analytics , Business Intelligence
    LocationOnline, Detroit, Washington, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Diego, Denver, Boston, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Chicago, Raleigh, Tampa, Miami, Orlando, San Francisco
    Set your schedule in a program built to turn your into a highly-paid data analyst in six months. Benefit from one-on-one mentorship, career guidance, and community support from enroll to hire.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/flexible/#pricing
    ScholarshipSelf-identifying women and US military members (active or discharged) are eligible for reduced tuition.
  • Data Analytics Immersion

A rigorous and structured full-time program built to get you a job as a data analyst. Benefit from instructor-led learning, a virtual classroom environment, 1-on-1 mentorship, and a robust support team.
    Options: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/data-analytics/full-time/#pricing
  • Data Science Flex

Data Science, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Spark, Algorithms
    A flexible, online data science course aimed at helping you launch a career. One-on-one mentorship, professional guidance, and a robust community network are on hand to help you succeed in this highly advanced profession.
    Minimum Skill LevelIntermediate
  • Data Science Immersion

Data Science, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Spark, Algorithms
    Start Date January 2, 2020
    An accelerated online program of classes, mentorship, and professional guidance designed to get you a career in data science, fast. This advanced program is designed to serve the needs of equipping degree graduates with the data science skillset they need to obtain a career in their field of study.
    Minimum Skill LevelAdvanced degree
    January 2, 2020 - Online Apply by December 11, 2019
  • Engineering Flex

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    A flexible program built to get you a career in full-stack web development. Study online at a pace that works for you, while a team of mentors, career coaches, and peers guides you every step of the way.

• Engineering Immersion

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    Start Date January 6, 2020
    A fast-tracked, full time program of online classes, mentorship, and career coaching. Skills, tools, and the support you need to become a highly paid full-stack web developer.
    January 6, 2020 - Online Apply by November 18, 2019
  • Engineering Nights & Weekends

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    Start Date January 6, 2020
    An online program that will turn you into a full-stack web developer after hours. Work up from the fundamentals, write strong code, and build the perfect job-ready portfolio.

January 6, 2020 - Online Apply by November 18, 2019
  • Product Design Flex

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, User Experience Design, CSS, Front End
    Set your schedule with an online program aimed at taking you from newbie to a confident, highly-paid product designer. Learn the skills and the best way to present them with a team of mentors, career coaches, and community supporters.

• Product Management Flex

This flexible, online Product Management course is built to help you start a brand new, high-paying tech career. You’ll receive a personal mentor, work on real-world projects, and benefit from career coaches.

• Robert Osborne • Software Engineer • Graduate

Before Thinkful I was working in IT. Thinkful gave me the tools and resources to help me launch my career in tech. My mentor was really helpful in answering my tech/non-tech related questions. After graduation, I was able to land my engineering job within my current company. As someone that already has student loans, I was a little bit on the fence but it was worth it in the end.

• Charles George • Digital Marketing Analyst • Student

For context... I am almost through the first phase of the course and getting ready to submit my first capstone project.

So far my experience has been fantastic and I don't expect that to change. The curriculum is challenging yet there is that flexibility of completing it on your schedule.

In my opinion, the way they have it set up is great. You get a mentor, program manager, career coach, and career services manager. So far I have only had the pleasure of interacting with my mentor and program manager, but if the career support team is anything like what I have experienced so far then I would expect 5 stars all day long.

For me, it all comes down to that mentorship. That is what really sold me.

Yes, I can sit there and read lessons and examples and comb through StackOverflow until my eyes fall out... but the fact that you have a mentor available to you that you can bounce ideas off of or just ask that one questions that helps you breakthrough with that thing you been struggling with, is invaluable.

• Data Science
    - 6/18/2019
    Preston Sharpe • Portfolio Accountant • Student

Thinkful's data science program provides the flexibility to continue working full-time without losing the support I need to succeed. I have a mentor that I meet with 1-on-1 twice a week, technical coaching for any problems that I run into that I can't solve on my own, and plenty of open office hours for other issues. The non-curriculum support team  (finance, program manager, etc) has also been very helpful with anything that I need.

The work is challenging and rigorous. I've learned so much already and can't wait to continue my journey into data science!

• Great bootcamp
    - 6/13/2019
    Marina Plopeanu

I am currently in Thinkful's Full Stack Flex program. I work full-time and I needed the flexibility.  I had some experience going into it, and I honestly think you need to have at least some of the basics down (know some html, css, js). The program is thought, and it’s recommended to dedicate 20 hours a week to keep up. From my experience you need to put way more time in to really grasp all the concepts and become confident in what you learn.

The course is layer out in modules and for each module you read the material and do the drills and projects. The material is very rigorous and provides tons of extra resources as well. If you get stuck solving a drill or need help understanding a concept, you can reach out to people on slack or you can go into office hours and ask your questions. You get a massive amount of support and there are always people around that can help. Plus, you get to meet twice a week for 45 min with your mentor.

The mentor sessions are super important because you use them as mini-interviews where the mentor give you coding challenges, or can help you when you need help building an app or understanding a concept.

They are 5 mock interviews that give you a taste of what a typical interview feels like. I failed my first attempt, and the feedback I received from that helped me improve my learning strategy.

So far I think Thinkful was a great decision for me, it gives me the structure and the safety net I need to learn to code.

• Jordan Heffernan • Full Stack Engineer • Student

Overall I had a great experience learning at Thinkful. I completed the Engineering Immersion program as I thought it would be the best fit for me and I am very happy with my decision. I did quite a bit of research before deciding to take the plunge on a bootcamp as it is a big commitment of both time and money and after all is said and done, Thinkful certainly lived up to my hopes.

The curriculum is focused on technologies and languages that are in demand at the moment and in my job hun/interviews post graduation the stack I learned proved to be a desirable skill set. The teachers, mentors, and support staff were all very knowledgeable, friendly and happy to answer questions. It was clear that everyone that works at Thinkful is passionate about what they do and excited to help the students learn. I never felt like I was just a money maker for the program.

Additionally, the career support both in the curriculum helping me get prepared for interviews etc. as well as the ongoing support after graduation were a big selling point for me and again surpassed my expectations going in. Not only does Thinkful impart the necessary tech knowledge to land a developer position, but really helped me prepare for the day-to-day of being a developer as well as the steps necessary to land that elusive first position. I was lucky and I don't believe this is the norm but I was able to get my first long-term contract 1 week after graduation and I am ecstatic to call myself a developer after the help and tutelage at Thinkful.

I'm sure there were some downsides I felt going through the program but after the fact I can't seem to recall what they were. I will say that the engineering immersion program is fairly rigorous. It was not an easy 5 months but was absolutely worth the effort. Be prepared to learn a lot, fast!

• Jeanine Hoffman • Student • Student

Background:I'm a medically out of work person for over five years when my baby sister goes to a bootcamp. She talks me into trying FreeCode Camp and while I saw the value of self study, I knew a program designed by professionals would be a better fit for me. I prefer remote work because of my physical limitations and Thinkful was a great fit. They gave me support during my trial session, worked with me to get appropriate financing and then helped me stretch and reach further than I thought I could.  Thinkful has given me back my ability to be a more productive person, engage in a virtual community with great mentors and fellow students in Slack, Q&A's and my Engineering Nights and Weekends cohort. Because of my Program Manager in Portland, I've gotten out of the house to attend Meet-ups. That is totally not my comfort zone but I felt supported by her and the rest of the team. Don't be stuck-reach out and check the school out-with financing help, mentors, and a lot of other support including job search help for months after your graduate. IN addision, you will always be a part of the community on Slack with the ability to access your online curriculum if you ever need a refresher.

• Cody Gillette • Student

I am currently taking Thinkful's engineering immersion program. I have to say that it has been an incredible journey. Would recommend to everyone

• Ashley • Student

I started Thinkful's Data Science part-time flex bootcamp about a month ago.  As I have worked my way through the curriculum, I have been impressed how every subject builds upon the one before.  In such a program where there so many disparate, evolving subjects, having a fluid transition between subjects has made my journey feel so natural.  In addition, the curriculum has been very in-depth and rigorous.

Everything I have learned, I have been able to practice and gain a deeper understanding through projects and capstones.  Every step of the way, I have had amazing support from my mentor, who is an established Data Scientist.  Through our biweekly conversations, he helps me solve any problems I have encountered throughout the curriculum, tests my understand of some of the more challenging concepts, and trains me to think like a Data Scientist.  The other part of my support system is my Program Manager.  Her enthusiasm and passion for her work and supporting her students really enhances my experience.

And last but not least, the monthly dinners where everyone in an area gets together to have dinner, chat, work on projects, or hear a speaker is one of the highlights of the program!

• Steven Beyer • Graduate

I've done a little freelance work creating websites in the past. I loved it but wasn't sure how to make my love for web dev turn into an actual career. So, about a year ago, I knew that I needed to take my skills to the next level and began to search for bootcamps that would not only help sharpen my skills but also help me change careers.

I stumbled upon Thinkful and I'm so glad I did.

From my initial phone conversation with my mentor, I knew that Thinkful was committed to helping me find a job in the tech industry. They were with me every step of the way from learning basic HTML to accepting a job offer at a tech company in town.

Never once did I have to question what their motives were, or if they really wanted to see me get a job in the tech industry. They were committed to seeing me develop as a developer and committed to seeing me change careers.

If you're looking for a bootcamp that actually cares about you, Thinkful is the place where you need to be. I highly encourage everyone to give Thinkful a serious look if you're contemplating bootcamps.

• Full Stack Flex
    - 5/23/2019
    Benjamin Kile

I am very satisfied with all the help I recieve,  my mentor is good at explaining material and the curriculum is straightforward.

• Graduate
    - 4/28/2019
    Usman Shaikh • Graduate

I have just completed the Data Science program at Thinkful. My experience is very positive and I was able to learn data science concepts from some of the most dedicated and experienced Mentors in the field. My program manager was always there when needed and provided full support and guidance in challenging times. However I am not shy to admit that almost every day of the program was a challenge in its self.

The program material is of intermediate level and you definitely have to have some basic understanding of the concepts before moving on to more advanced topics. For me I came from a non programming background and found everything new. However with proper guidance from my mentors I was able to overcome challenges and proceed in the right direction.

Overall it was a great program, I enjoyed it very much and it exposed me to learning many new things. With that said I now hope that I can find work in the related field.

• Sean • Front-End Developer • Graduate

Before starting the Engineering Immersion (EI) program at Thinkful I was dubious of education in general. Thankfully, Thinkful has restored my views in this matter! I function better with structure so naturally I chose the EI program. The curriculum is structured nicely; after the end of each unit there is a mock interview. I was a horrible interviewer at the begining of my time at Thinkful and within three weeks of graduating I had a job. Near the end of the program there is a lot of time to work on projects which I enjoyed immensly. My only criticism is that communication can be a bit rocky, just stick up for yourself and constantly checkin with your mentor, TAs and PMs.

• Mary Conley • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate

Thinkful was a bit of a leap of faith for me. I had been a self-taught static-vanilla-HTML-CSS developer in my spare time, but would never have labeled myself a “developer” that was for CS degrees, or people with years of experience, or so I thought.

I had always been interested in coding, but everytime something held me back. The self-driven route was hard and confusing for me. I had the motivation, but knowing where to start, or any stray path I found myself on made me feel like I wasn’t going to get back on track...

The difference for me was that Thinkful provided REAL live instructors! I decided this is my best shot at achieving a dream of mine, I’m going to do it. And I’m so glad I did.

In retrospect, I was right: The difference was truly made by the instructors and mentors and TAs, even my own fellow students! They all acted as my “sherpas” so to speak: Teaching me along the way my ascent to the top (and let me tell you --it was a difficult climb.)They helped me learn: Best practices, colloquial terms, idea sharing, patience. That was the cornerstone of my success. Without the ability to learn from real people, I never would have succeeded, I just didn’t have the coding street-smarts so to speak. But I learned them, and I learned them quickly.

I got better at asking questions,
    I got better at being self sufficient,
    and I got better at coding.

I was always a problem-solver, and finally I was working with tools.

The change that Thinkul brought to me at a person was priceless. I feel like a new person, and well, in a way, I am! Attending Thinkful makes me feel confident in saying, “I’m a Developer” and I can’t wait to see what I accomplish next!

• Arun Nair • Graduate

Great program for those wanting to learn Data Science from scratch. Should be willing to put in the time and effort on your end to see best results. You have Mentor video sessions which are great (probably the best part of the program).

• Ryan • Student

I am almost three months into the Thinkful Fullstack Flex program and I have to say I am quite impressed. The curriculum is very well structured and provides the right amount of detail. I had only very basic programming skills coming into the bootcamp and I feel that Thinkful goes at a great pace. Even without any coding experience, I think their materials provide enough fundamental lessons to get you up to speed.

The mentor aspect is also very helpful. Whenever I get stuck or just need some explanation on certain syntax, my mentor provides clear explanations with examples to ensure that I truly understand the concepts.

• Matthew Fitzgerald • Student

As a student currently enrolled in the Full Stack Flex program offered from Thinkful, I would 100% recommend enrolling in one of their courses, should you be serious and devoted about perhaps becoming a software developer. The curriculum is solid and my knowledge of computer coding has gone from being able to manipulate user interfaces very well, to now creating said user interfaces and understanding the technical side, and so much more.

I have yet to use their job assistance, but i imagine it will far exceed my expectations, the same way everything else in the program so far has.

• Data Scientist
    - 2/25/2019
    Corey M • Data Scientist • Graduate

I took on this course with very little programming experience and left with a breadth of knowledge beyond what I could have imagined.  The program covers a ton of information and does a good job diving deeper into certain topics.  My one piece of advice to future students would be to make sure your schedule will accommodate the amount of work that this course requires.  While 25 hrs/week is what is supposed to be allotted for the course, there is such an intense amount of material to cover that the more time you have available the better.  If you are taking this course part-time be sure to recognize when to draw the line with certain projects because it is easy to get caught up in one and find yourself falling behind.  Other than that, this was the best decision I have made for my career.  I had the best mentor imaginable.  He was extremely knowledgeable and all in all a great guy to work with.  I truly enjoyed our bi-weekly meet ups and wouldn't have the skill set I have today without him.   I am very grateful to have had this experience with my mentor and the Thinkful program and look forward to continuing a career in data!

• Jonathan Zhao • Student

I am three months in the full time Data Science program now. Before reviewing the program, I would like to share some experience first. 1) If you have no previous programming experience, I suggest taking some free intro classes online first. There are lots of free intro classes on the Internet, and taking these intro classes will really help you at the beginning of the bootcamp. I have little bit of programming experienc before when I was in college 6 years ago with MATLAB and VBA, so I took the time to study a little bit of python, get to know the syntax, how to write python codes, and some basic plotting. I also learned how to use Jupyter Notebook and pycharm, as well as some basic statistics classes on Khan Academy before admitting to the bootcamp. This whole pre-boot camp thing took me about 3 months, and the time really paid off at the first month of bootcamp. 2) If you plan on admitting to an online boot camp, try to avoid end of November or December since it's holiday season and it might effect your schedule.

So I started my Thinkful program around the end of November, before Thanksgiving holiday. Before I admitted to the bootcamp, I was able to speak with Thinkful staff and get better understanding of the program. Thinkful also provide workshops to give you a better idea of how the program will be like and Thinkful staffs will answer your questions at the end of the workshop. Thinkful provide you a 2-week trial class so you can test the water. The material of the trial class will carry on to the actual bootcamp. If you got admitted into the program, you will keep working on the pre-bootcamp materials, it took me about 2 weeks to finish all pre-bootcamp materials, which I think the 3 months studies before the bootcamp really help me a lot here.

At the third month of the program, the bootcamp itself is going very well. I have two mentor sessions per week, and I can discuss the course materials or industrial news with my mentor, and the Program manager is always there to answer my questions. There are also lots of office hours and workshops available so you can join and see what other people is doing in the program. You can also attend other student's capstone presentations and get some general ideas of how your capstone project will look like at the beginning. Thinkful also have community events you can attend. I lives in Los Angeles and the community here is huge. They have bi-weekly events so you can meet with other Thinkful students.

There is one think that I suggest Thinkful to improve is to provide more realistic and well-rounded examples in the course material so students can understand the concept much better. I believe most of the students join Thinkful or other bootcamps have the same goal, which is to land a job after the course. I found that some of the course material and its examples are too simple, and not practical, and it lead to a result that the course material is not helping me to finish my assignment. In some cases I end up spending 3 or 4 hours outside of the course material try to find an answer or solution for the Thinkful assignment. I have a full-time job in the day time, and I only have a few hours at night to study. Therefore, spending these extra hours outside of Thinkful materials slowing my pace or it may effect my schedule as well. But again, the Thinkful community at their Slack channel and the mentor are extremely helpful.

• Evan • Software Engineer / Data Analyst • Graduate

I got my undergrad in Computer Science and thought jobs would be thrown at me. I was wrong. Though I did have a lot of programming knowledge, I didn't have much of a portfolio or know much about what people in the industry use now. I decided to take the Data Science course at Thinkful while I drove for lyft. Everything is different now. I have two great jobs, although I don't need both, I enjoy them. I am a Software Engineer / Data Analyst at a great company and also a teaching assistant at a data science certificate program at UCSD.

So, for the course... I don't want to sugar coat it, this course is hard. I spent many many hours going through this course and had many pitfalls and struggles. That being said, I am glad I did. I was lucky to have a great mentor, Mike, who was knowledgable and encouraging to help me through the course. The data science course I TA for now is a class of 30+ students with only 1 instructor and 2 TAs, although it is a good course, I am very thankful I went with Thinkful and had the 1on1 support. Being able to go through it on my own time and having 1on1 time to ask questions was terrific. By the time I was 3/4 of the way through the course I felt confident enough to do work as a data scientist and talk about the complexities of it. I would strongly reccomend this course to anybody who wants to learn a lot and has the time for it

I want to stress that last part. You need to put aside lots of time for this course. That being said, if you do have the time you will come out very happy you took the course.

Also, clarrification on the starts. Overall was great, super glad I took the course. Instructors were better than expected, really happy with them. Cirriculum gets 4 stars because some small exercises have you find a data set to work with (which is cool because you get to work with something that interests you) but I really think the course should offer datasets it thinks would be appropriate for the exercise. And Job Assistance gets 4 stars because I really didn't have to use it much. But hey, this course changed my life so I would definitely reccomend it.

• Joshua Adams • Software Developer Apprentice • Graduate

Fully immersive web development class. Extensive work in teams and with groups, as well as mentorship, career planning, in person meet-ups and networking. They really want you to succeed and it shows. It is a very intense and hard program, expect to work 50-60 hours a week, but when you are done you have what it takes for a job in the industry. Not to scare you away but you will have to have grit to get through it. It is absolutely worth it, but make sure you really have the time to devote to this. I worked part time as well which I would not recommend but I had no choice. Know your limits!

- 2/2/2019
    Enzo Vernon • Student

I have been enrolled in the Full Stack Flex course for a couple of months and have found the curriculum extemely stimulating. One aspect that I didn't anticpate, but is as valuable as the content, is the relationships you forge with your program manager, mentor, and peers. My program manager, Mayank, has been supportive in my growth not only as a software engineer, but also as an individual. My course mentors help me to understand difficult concepts and challenge me to inspect a problem from a variety of viewpoints -- a crucial skill to critical thinking.

The structure of the material is intuitive because the technology supports one another. The mock interviews are great because they are ensuring i'm prepared to add new information to my knowledge base. Finally, I firmly believe the curriculum is setting up their grads to not only graduate but get employed.

• Courtney B. • Student

As a current Thinkful student, I must say that I truly would recommend this program to anyone interested in coding. The structure of the program is balanced for both those with no coding experience and beginner-coders. When I first began with Thinkful I had no prior coding experience but as I have continued with the program, it has prepared me with the appropriate soft skills and technical skills to handle live coding challenges and to communicate clearly with other coders. Thinkful also has a great mentoring program, an active slack community and engaging sessions during office hours. Whether a hobbyist or looking for a career change I truly recommend Thinkful as  your place to begin on your coding journey.

• Changed My Life
    - 12/9/2018
    Jacob MacInnis • Full Stack Software Engineer • Graduate

I looked around the coding school landscape and found that Thinkful was perfect for me. I took on the Full Time Engineering Immersion 5 month program. I had an incredible senior developer mentor who genuinely cared about my career and progress. I found the teachers to be highly skilled in their fields and patient with new learners. The curriculum was very challenging and very current. Upon graduating my new skill set was highly sought after. I am continuing to work with Thinkful as I enter the job search until I am hired. I found that the entire Thinkful organization cares about the student success.

• full stack flex
    - 11/20/2018
    Laura • student • Student

I am a current student at Thinkful Full-stack flex program, and I can honestly say that I've never enjoyed learning as much as I have with this program... granted, I wasn't the most eager student growing up. I fell into web development just like most stories you'll hear, it just sort of happened and the timing couldn't have been better. So to give you a quick but hopefully helpful summary, keep on reading. If you enjoy skipping to the end of the book... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ATTENDING THINKFUL CODING BOOTCAMP, it's an excellent, well-thought-out program and (here's the catch) as long as YOU put in the work, you can get so much out of this course.

****side note: if you want to follow along in my journey, subscribe to my youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Rgy6MBNl2M2fLgNpa2ohw?​ ******

And now for the full review, based on my personal experience:

starting point: a few months of self-taught code. (HTML, CSS, some JavaScript) (FreeCodeCamp, CodeCademy, Youtube)
    end goal: to become a front-end developer to work closely with designers to turn their skills into functionality; and to be knowledgeable in full-stack, so to build better work relationships and conversations with all departments, especially those affected by a project (directly or indirectly)

Pros:
    1. Q&A, Q&A, Q&A, Q&A, Q&A!!!!  there are ongoing info sessions touching all topics of all levels. This means you can hop onto a live chat with an experienced coder at virtually any time. This will help you advance faster, as you don't have to "wait until the next class or your next scheduled mentor session". These sessions are key to building a community of other coders who are often at the same level as you or are willing to learn from you and/or help teach you. The experienced developers are motivated, and willing to either help you get unstuck or help guide you in the right direction, so you can figure out how to 'unstuck' yourself. The experienced developers are also very eager to help you outside of the suggested Q&A time. I recommend attending as many as you can. The live Q&A sessions are soo, extremely helpful and make Thinkful's coding bootcamp truly unique and worth it.
    2. One-on-one mentors. You will get paired with a mentor, which is undeniably one of the best features a bootcamp can offer. In my opinion, this is a  valuable one-on-one time that you wouldn't get at an on-campus bootcamp, as I feel like other students would be fighting to meet with the teachers after classes. The mentor sessions allow you to gather your questions (big or small) and spend as much or as little time as you'd like on that particular question until you're sure you've understood it. Your mentors are also very friendly and are motivated and willing and eager to help you out. You can ask them anything from debugging your code to what life of a developer is like to career advice. Take advantage of your time with your mentors - they're there for you!
    3. Program managers! Omg this is so incredibly helpful. They're your "big brothers", your "annoying parents that care about your success", and your "middle school principal that, despite only seeing them occasionally in the hallways, somehow knew that you weren't paying attention in class". You don't meet with them that often but it's a scheduled time APART from your time with your mentors and lessons, that is dedicated to your success and progress. Be honest with them, as they are also there to help you succeed, they genuinely want you to do well, and they will work with you!
    4. The curriculum - wow I still don't know how someone had the patience and the knowledge to plan each lesson of the program, including everything from the layout to the challenges, to the big projects. It is an easy-to-follow curriciulum that guides you smoothly from one task to another. Each section is balanced between readings, challenges, quizzes, and reviews. So far, I see it as a fail-proof way to learn
    5. The flow - What do I mean by this? The natural flow of the program, and the 'speed' in which you are guaranteed to move through the lessons, prepare for interviews, look for jobs, and become developers. It really is incredible. Just remember, you MUST put in the time and the effort
    6. It's online. You can spend the next six months in pajamas or your birthday suit if you wish ( just make sure to dress appropriately during your live video sessions!) Also, if you have the chance, TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL, take advantage of this time in your life and take the course on the beach in the Bahamas, because why not?

Cons
    1. money, money, money - must be funny, in a rich man's world (sorry, big fan of ABBA here). So here's the thing: money is obviously the biggest deciding factor, as it is a great chunk of money that you're putting into the program, but here's the most important thing I can say - if you believe this is something that you truly want to perceive, then consider the cost as an INVESTMENT. It's an investment to yourself, an investment to your future, to your skillset, to your bank (let's be real, if you do this right, you should eventually be finding a job that will allow a growing salary with time). So again, if you're serious about attending, invest in yourself - even if it means working one more year at that crappy job and having to deal with your crappy boss ... just one. more. year. Save up and do it. (this is coming from someone who currently has - no joke - $122 in her bank account and moved back in with her parents at the age of almost 30.
    2. time - listen, guys, I'm gonna repeat myself but this is an INVESTMENT. If you are serious about this, you have to make sure to COMMIT fully to this program. If you know you have something that will be distracting in the next 6 months, then postpone but make sure you make this your priority.
    3. Sometimes you just have to find your learning groove and that may take some time. This course is not something to take lightly and studying should be your top priority. Just like the others, this isn't really a con, it's just a matter of taking the time of figuring out what it is YOU want.

FINAL THOUGHTS: spend time getting to know your goals and level of commitment, once YOU'RE ready, sign up for Thinkful coding bootcamp, once you're signed up and ready to go just hit the floor running and enjoy every minute, every missed semi-colon of frustration, and every new online-friendship you get, because it truly is a POSITIVE life-changing experience.

• Omar Ebid • Student

What initially drew to me to Thinkful was the various concentrations I could choose from in the Data Science course. Compared to other programs I looked at, they had the most variety. For reference my interest is in Biological Physics and they offer a Bio-statistics concentration.

What keeps me at Thinkful is another story. At first i thought no face to face meetings or classes would be a drag but between my two weekly 45-60 minute sessions with my mentor I get to ask any questions that cross my mind. They can be about Data Science, the curriculum, or anything I ran across. My mentor is probably my favorite part of the program. They're invaluable in terms of their knowledge, work experience and their desire to teach. I honestly couldn't ask for a better mentor. She has a PhD, runs her own labs, does research, consults for firms... If I have a question my mentor knows the answer or can point me in the direction.

In addition to my mentor, my program manager checks on me weekly and between her and the Student Success team I can reach out for any other issues i may have during my course. They were even available when I felt overwhelmed by some deadlines due to constraints from my job. These people really care and are invested in my success and I appreciate the support from every direction. The minute I reach out to one of them, instantly they're all aware and everyone reaches out to me with advice. Can't ask for more.

The other benefits are the lectures other mentors, students and contributors post on your main Thinkful page. These can cover topics from mathematics, AI, Web design etc... If you're serious about becoming a programmer you need to learn some basics and have some general knowledge about different topics related to your work. For an interdisciplinary field such as this, these "office hour" lectures are very useful.

This is a great program and you will definitely be joining a community dedicated to your success and learning above all.

Change in Salary

Hired by school in-field

Short-term contract or part-time position
Hired by school out of field
Out of field

Still seeking a job
Not still seeking a job

Non reporting

86% of job obtainers reported salaries.