Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.63
Recent Springboard News
- Data Engineering vs. Data Science vs. Machine Learning Engineering
- August 2020 Coding Bootcamp News
- What Is Design Thinking? An Intro with Springboard
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit Tuition Plans $1490/month, $7500 upfront, or financing available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $10,000 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $6,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
650 reviews sorted by:
- Justin Korf • Electronics Engineer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPros: 1:1 Mentorship; I can not stress enough how crucial this was to my success. My mentor reviewed each of my projects and gave constructive criticism that helped shape my capstone project.
The support you get from your student advisor, career coaches, and HR team where all very professional and really wanted to see you complete the coarse, and helped in any way possible.
Springboard encourages networking with meetups and conventions
The coursework was challenging and did a good job explaining what the goals were. After completion I feel much more comfortable doing projects on my own.
Even after the coarse is over they still support you throughout your job search, by reviewing offers, and helping prepare for interviews.
Cons: Sometimes you can be paired with a mentor that you do not vibe with. That is ok, we all learn differently and have different styles of receiving information. Just communicate with springboard.
Sometimes the coursework will seam out of date or will have a standard that is not practiced anymore within the industry. Your mentor will normally be first to point this out, so it's easily corrected.
Do not get frustrated with having to redo some coursework, trust the process.
- Sarah Ganihar • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI was looking to restart my career after a gap of few years. Although I had IT experience my inclination toward data analysis led me to pursue and study from one of the best online learning platforms Springboard. I did research about a few online learning platforms and Springboard suited my needs.
They have a well designed curriculum with all the latest tools and technologies used for data analysis. I was impressed with the unlimited mentor calls that they provide. Whenever I felt stuck it was so helpful to book a call with the mentor and clear my doubts. All the mentors are industry experts in their own industry with extensive experience.
Springboard also provides career coaching, resume creation, linkedIn profile updates so that you can begin your journey into this new career path.
I have completed my certification and feel confident that the skills I have learnt will help me to land a job and find my new career path.
Thank you Springboard for this exciting experience.
- UX Design Career Track- 10/9/2020Hunter Landry • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI decided to enroll in the UX Design Career Track because I knew it would help me transition into a field I'd enjoy. I'd hear other people say, "can that be self-taught?" or "isn't there a quicker way?". I knew from the start that UX is a craft and it'd be a huge investment, both financially and personally. Rather than trying to figure out what you need to learn, Springboard's curriculum gives you a clear understanding of the field and all that you can expect when performing the job of a UX Designer. Springboard did a fantastic job of providing learning resources, which ranged from articles, videos, Ted Talks, and hands-on activities that would allow you to grasp design concepts. It was an excellent starting point! This field is all about continuously learning and Springboard will show you what you need to be learning in order to improve your craft. Not only that, but your assigned mentor is a UX professional and they'll walk you through everything to make sure you're fully equipped to be a design professional. These mentors are the real deal!! Talking directly to industry professionals who want to get you to industry standard is incredibly valuable.
Although it took me a little longer than 6 months to complete the program, I've come out of the program feeling incredibly prepared to continue learning about the field and positioning myself for a job. I'll highlight the outcomes of this program: I have a portfolio, I was able to work with a real client, I've gained all the skills necessary for the job, I'm building a network of designers, and I'm about to start receiving full support as I job hunt. I had a phenomenal experience and I couldn't see myself pursuing design any other way!
- Life Changing- 10/7/2020Amanda • Full Stack Engineer • Student • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI started Springboard's SWE track in March with a degree in IT but no real hands on coding experience, outside of small terminal based things. I am just now about 60% through with the program and have already had several job offers, one of which I accepted. Before the program I made $40k as an application support specialist with no room for upward growth, and am now making $65k with ample opportunities for progression. This program has literally changed my life. I think Springboard's mentor inclusion and emphasis on testing and career development sets it miles above any other bootcamp.
- Excellent Course- 10/6/2020Yashika Shah • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- This was a great online bootcamp experience!- 10/5/2020Sid • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI completed the Data Science Career Track Bootcamp in September 2020, after spending 9 months learning to code in HTML, CSS, and Python. I knew some basic data science concepts but, in hindsight, my self-taught tools were haphazard and would not make me a competitive job candidate.
Having completed this bootcamp, I have a much more compelling set of data science projects, and can speak much more confidently about using DS tools, whether during a networking event or interview.
- Good overview of data analytics- 10/1/2020Bennett Holton • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard creates a good outline of the skills needed to be a data analyst, but most of the information is open source. It's helpful having that structured thinking and instruction for how to complete analysis through different platforms like excel, python and SQL.
- UI/UX Design- 9/29/2020Jennie • UX Designer • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe mentorship is the big bang for your buck in this Bootcamp. The curriculum is good but be aware it is 90% curated from other sources. There is a good balance of technical and theoretical. Overall I am happy with my experience and would recommend this course to anyone looking to change careers quickly, interested in tech and looking to complete school quickly.
- Matt Chrostowski • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI was that person that was stuck in a dead-end job in a dying industry with all attempts of finding other work completely failing. I came to a crossroads in my career where I could settle in my industry and hope for the best or completely start over in something new. I am sure many of you looking at these reviews are in very similar positions. After reviewing coding boot camps, I found Springboard offered the best program with support and coaching. All of it was true. All of it was needed. I did this program with a full-time job and the online flexibility made it possible. It will be challenging, it will take some weekends, but it will give you a skill set that is absolutely in demand with limitless growth potential. The program teaches you what you need to know for your first data analyst role. The mentors, advisors, and career coaches help you get the role. It takes a village and I can attribute all of my success to the Springboard village.
- Data Analytics- 9/28/2020Eric Lunstead • Data Analyst • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInWorking with Data in previous Sales and Marketing roles introduced me to the importance of understating how to extrapolate information from data. First, I needed the latest critical skills from a technical perspective. Then, I needed to learn how to ask the right questions and form a systematic approach in searching through data. Finally, it was critical to learn how to present the data and findings in a manner that was relevant to my audience. My presentations offered insight and recommendation toward mission critical issues within multiple organizations of a company. Springboard's curriculum, staff and resources provided me with everything I needed to ensure that said recommendations weren't simply taken as "suggestions"...they were acted upon. Thank you Springboard!
- Springboard Career Track Student- 9/25/2020Samuel Reid • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI found my passion for coding and saw Colt Steele's YouTube video on him starting a bootcamp course. I instantly signed up to be apart of the first cohorts to start the course. It wasn't easy, I had my doubts on quitting the bootcamp but the community was strong and so was mentor to keep me pushing because they saw I had potential to grow into a great developer. I'm here now searching for my dream job in being a software engineer!
- Data Analyst- 9/23/2020Kriti Mehta • Dispute Analyst & Billing Manager • Verified via LinkedIn