springboard-logo

Springboard

Springboard

Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.

To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.

All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.

Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.74

all (441) reviews for Springboard →

Recent Springboard News

Read all (23) articles about Springboard →
  • Data Analytics Career Track

Python, Data Visualization, SQL, Excel, Data Analytics
    OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week
    Become a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
    Lending partner available: Climb Credit

Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
    Tuition Plans$5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan.
    Refund / GuaranteeBecome a data analyst. Job Guaranteed.
    Scholarship$500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
    Minimum Skill Level2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
    Prep WorkNone
  • Data Science Career Track

MySQL, Data Science, Git, Python, SQL, Machine Learning, Spark
    Get a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
    Lending partner available: Climb Credit

Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
    Tuition Plans$1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan.
    ScholarshipWomen in Tech Veterans
    Minimum Skill LevelComfortable programming and comfortable with statistics.
  • Data Science Career Track Prep

Data Science, Python, Data Visualization
    Need more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
    DepositNone
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginnger
    Prep WorkNone
  • Machine Learning Engineering Career Track

Python, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
    Fast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
    Tuition Plans$7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back.
    ScholarshipWomen In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
  • Software Engineering Career Track

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, React.js, Front End
    Launch your career as a software engineer with 1:1 mentorship, career coaching, and a job guarantee. If you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition is refunded. We’ve partnered with legendary coding instructor Colt Steele to develop a cutting-edge curriculum covering everything from Python and SQL to the latest JavaScript frameworks that employers are hiring for, React and Node. As part of the course, you’ll build your own production-ready web apps to showcase to employers. You’ll also be paired with a personal mentor, an experienced software engineer currently working in the industry, who will guide you throughout the course.
    Lending partner available: Climb CreditPay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
    $61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
    Tuition PlansOne-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month
    Refund / GuaranteeLand a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund.
    ScholarshipWe offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
    Minimum Skill LevelPrerequisites: JavaScript fundamentals & programmatic problem solving skills. Recommended: HTML & CSS fundamentals
  • UI / UX Design Career Track

Data Visualization, Design, User Experience Design
    Want to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
    Lending partner available: Climb Credit

Deferred Tuition: Pay $700 upfront, and the rest when you get a job.
    Tuition Plans$1099/month, $8,200 upfront, or deferred tuition
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee
    Scholarship$750 for women and veterans
    Minimum Skill LevelAll backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills.
  • UX Career Track

Data Visualization, Design, User Experience Design
    Become a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
    Lending partner: Climb Credit

Deferred Tuition: Pay $500 upfront, and the rest when you get a job.
    Tuition Plans$1199/month, $5,400 upfront, or deferred tuition
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee
    Minimum Skill LevelAcademic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields.

• $500 Springboard Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science Career Track (Online)
    • Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
    • UX Career Track (Online)
    • Data Analytics Career Track (Online)

• Simon Bedford • Graduate

I had been interested in getting into Data Science for a while and was looking for an online course that would enable me to study at my own pace while also working full-time. I was choosing between the Springboard Data Science Intensive course and the Udacity Nanodegree...what ultimately tipped me in favour of the Springboard course was the opportunity to have weekly video calls with an industry mentor.

Overall I was very satisfied with my decision to enroll in the course and found it worthwhile and good-value-for-money.

I think I ended up taking a little longer than the 'average' amount of time to complete the course, however this was my own decision and ultimately enabled me to dedicate more time to my capstone project as well as study some extra-curricular materials under the guidance of my mentor.

Regarding the course content, I thought that the selection of materials was in general very good, especially given the attempt to squeeze such a large amount of material into a short amount of time. I particularly enjoyed the Machine Learning and Data Storytelling materials from Harvard CS 109. Probably the one area where I would have enjoyed a deeper dive is in Statistics, particularly including some Bayesian methods.

In terms of the level of skills or knowledge required, all my programming experience was self-taught, however in general I did not encounter any significant problems and was able to complete all of the course requirements without difficulty.

In summary I think the Data Science Intensive course is a great introduction to Data Science. It certainly does not 'make' you into a Data Scientist but I think it really helps to lay the foundations for understanding the Data Science landscape and beginning to work on related problems.

Perhaps more than anything, it also helped me to grow in confidence and realise that Data Science is not just necessarily for people with PhDs, but is a field that can be accessible to people from varied backgrounds. I already find myself using techniques and tools that I learned during the course to be more effective in my work.

• Helen Hoefele • Graduate

I initially signed up for this course because I felt that while I had analytical aptitude, I lacked the opportunity to demonstrate it in my current work environment at the time.   This course turned out to be exactly what I needed to turn that situation around for me.

The case study nature of this course, along with my mentors support, gave me what felt like actual on-the-job experience.  I now feel confident on job interviews that I have valid analytical projects/experiences under my belt, both to talk to and to draw from....projects that I learned from, projects that I made mistakes on but still recovered from, projects and time-frames that were challenging yet achievable, some projects that I liked more than others, and definitely projects that I am proud of accomplishing.

Additionally, with this course, I started off thinking it was my technical skill set that I wanted/needed to build up in order to keep myself marketable in the workforce.  The best thing about this program is that it shifted my focus to developing a problem-solving mindset above all else.  Then, the technical skillset became the second nature skill that supported the objective of modelling a solution to a busines problem in order to help a business achieve a business goal important to them.

Overall, while this course does require a dedicated effort, I have no regrets whatsoever in my decision, first to enroll, then to follow through in completing the course, and now to recommend it to others.

• Great Experience!
    - 12/15/2016
    ILDAR • Graduate

This is the most value added course I could ever find on the web. I have learnt so many valuable skills and knowledge from the curriculum, tutors and the Springboard`s community which helps me a lot in my daily work. For those who want to learn more about data science and get a real world experience I would warmly recommmend this course!

• Elizabeth • UX Designer • Student

For a few years I had been considering switing from an Art Director/graphic designer position to a UX design focused role. Because I was pretty familliar with the industry and process I wanted a course that would teach me enough to give me the confidence and some portfolio pieces to actually apply for UX positions, without having to go back to college.

It took me about 3 months to complete the course and because I was really diligent about updating my portfolio constantly with new work , I was able to land a job as a UX designer before completing my last week of the class!

The course curriculum is structured in a way that naturally walks you through the UX design process. You definitely have to stay motivated enough to sign on everyday and complete your tasks. The content gives you a really solid foundation of the UX feild, some which I knew and a lot I didnt. I really appreciated that as new content came out into the world the course integrated it in.

My mentor was probably the best part! She was extremely knowledgeable Not only did I look forward to speaking with her every week, but I learned so much from her that wasnt included in the curriculum. She gave me the guidance and critique I needed to take my projects to a more professional level.

• Highly Recommend!
    - 12/15/2016
    Joshua L. • Graduate

I was looking for ways to break into the UX field and knew I needed a portfolio to be considered for a position. I didn't really know how to go about it but when I discovered Springboard helped build a portfolio with a mentor, I took the opportunity. It's very reasonably priced especially since you can finish at your own pace. I took two months to reduce cost and simulate a real world scenario of being on a deadline.

UX Design Office hours were very helpful gleaning anything I can from the mentor interviews, general Q & A's, and design challenges. Fabio and Emily are very engaging and helpful. I still participate after graduating and I learn something new during every session. Catherina was an awesome student advisor as well always prompt in her responses and flexible when needing more time on things.

Biggest asset is the Mentorship which is mostly where the value in the course is. I was fortunate to get paired up with a great mentor with lots of experience. He was gracious enough to extend our calls longer than the average of 30 minutes. We built great rapport and he really helped guide me in the right direction through letting me figure it out on my own with the questions he would ask instead of telling me how I should do it.

The course definitely helped lay a foundation of UX where I can continually build on it. I've received responses from companies and have done a few interviews so it has made a difference. Just put in the hard work and it'll show.

• Martin • Graphic Designer • Student

I often read online articles on books relating to graphic design and UX but it can be hard to find really great trustworthy content. Springboard took that pain away by curating a well rounded basis for UX designers. However the true value to this course is the one-on-one mentorship calls and the group office hours calls. This was a huge added value to gain insights from industry professionals with many years experience.

As a design industry professional I wanted a course that would suit my existing level of knowledge to keep me engaged whilst delving further into UX, which Springboard has succeeded in. This course is a great option for complete beginers and for those who already have some intro knowledge.

• Chris • Graphic Designer • Graduate

Springboard really do an amazing job, from the management down to the curriculum. Their communications in listening and improving their courses is incredible. The mentors are experts in their fields and give you great insight.

I felt the mentors and also the management team/representatives were really good people. The mentors give you feedback throughout your project through email and weekly one-on-one meetings.

The curriculum itself was challenging enough to keep you busy and also gave a great array of resources on the subject. The platform was really impressive. It was smooth, easy to follow and understand, not glitchy at all. One of the best online platforms I've experienced, and that's important.

I also liked that it was monthly, so you go at your own pace and this leaves the responsibility on the student themselves on the pace and dedication to their coursework.

I  really enjoyed the experience.

• Georgie Knight

I really enjoyed my springboard course. I was able to learn a lot about data science at my own pace in my own time. I do have a background in programming and mathematics so I found the material relatively easy to take on. The mentoring element was what attracted me to the course and also what I found very helpful. Being able to talk to and get feedback from an expert data scientist was invaluable. I now intend to use my experience with springboard to help me find a job as a data scientist.

• UX Design
    - 12/11/2016
    Margaret Kelly • Owner/Mgk Design

Hello; I came to Springboard from a recommendation from a fellow teacher. I am a graphic designer with over thirty years experience in Print design. This was an excellent course introducing me to the functions of The User Experience Designer.

Interviews, Surveys, Sorts, Personas, User Maps, User Flows, Site Maps, Wireframes and Usability testing all performed during a short period of time. All great experiences for someone who wanted to learn the UX process!

The course materials were up to the moment, and my mentor was fantastic. We developed a good working rapport on our weekly sessions which made the material very easy to digest.

Adding the workshop created a lot of interest on my LinkedIn profile and resume. I have been contacted by some top notch people, and am looking forward to incorporating what I learned into my work.

• Srishti

I will start off by introducing myself - I am currently working as a software test analyst with absolutely zero knowledge of te field of UX. I was not hapopy with my job and wanted to learn something new, do something creative and moved towards the field of UX. I did a lot of research on the web on courses to take and came across this one. There were a lot of good reviews about the course and like everybody, I too though they might be fake. As a student at Springboard myself - I can assure you, they are NOT! These guys are just that good.

The team at springboard is simply amazing. They assign you a mentor who will guide you throughout the process, and believe me they are highly accomplished people with very busy schedules, but they will find time for you. I email my mentor like 3:00AM in the morning(literally) and his is the very first email I receive the next day - they are just that helpful. We have  student board advisor as well and she too is awesome. If you reach out to her for something, trust me you will get a response in next 5 minutes!

They have really really helpful. Though I have not completed the course yet, so can not comment on getting a job in the field, although I am sure it will turn up to be good. But, it has been an amazing learning experience and I would encourage all of you to enroll :)

• Krista • Sales Ops

I've enrolled in other online data analytics courses but this is the first one I completed!

Having a mentor helped me

• stay motivated
    • get through roadblocks
    • stick to a timeline and make progress every week.
    • apply learnings to my day job or other related topics that interest me

The content aligned with a bunch of new projects I was taking on in my sales ops role. Since my company didn't have capacity to train me, they agreed to pay for the course.

The online content Springboard curated was all relevant and on point. The case studies built on the readings, and I was impressed/excited with the real world problems I could solve with the tools!

Now that I'm on the other side, I'm comfortbale using SQL, Tableau, and Excel to tackle just a data problem. But I will miss my mentor!

I'd recomend the course to anyone who wants to get a grip on data processing tools, learn what problems they can tackle with data, and doesn't have a big team of data experts/mentors at their company.

I'll definitely look to springboard when I'm ready to level-up.

• Recommended!
    - 11/11/2016
    James • Graduate

I took the UX Design course because I was about to wade into a major ecommerce platform shift at work and I wanted to be able to make the right design decisions. I got all of that and more. When you're dealing with programmers and designers without a clear UX understanding, the course comes in really handy. It was also helpful in terms of laying out ways to figure out what you need to know. I even learned to use some new tools.

The best part was probably the Springboard people. The mentors were helpful, and the office hours were great. You learn a lot watching a few UX experts tear apart someone's project in an extremely constructive way. Ultimately the Springboard people care about what they're doing, and helping you succeed is part of their mission.

I feel like the course laid a foundation that I'll keep returning to and building on.

• Arti

I’m an alum of the Springboard Foundations of Data Science workshop and was blown away by the expert-curated course content. It’s amazing how frictionless the learning process becomes when you’re only looking at the best material out there for a specific topic, curated by folks who are industry practitioners in that field. Mentor and community support is incredible, and a wonderful team managing the product.

• Excellent course!
    - 11/4/2016
    Kalpesh Gohill • Founder/CEO • Graduate

The course material was very well curated (saved me a ton of time looking around for info piece by piece). The curriculum was laid out in a logical, step-by-step method, with theory followed by practice.

The interaction within the Google+ community also helped as a social aspect, and was a great sounding board to bounce ideas around. Weekly office hours and linking up with mentors who are actually working in the industry was great to get an understanding of how the industry actually works, and peak into a "day in the life of" scenario.

I really appreciated the self-paced nature of the course. We all learn at different paces, and it helps to be able to control that to really optimize the experience.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this course for anyone curious about the world of UX!

• Edna Cerrillos • UX Designer • Graduate

I'm a self-trained UX Designer based in Mexico. In my country is difficult fo find formal education on UX so It was hard to connect the dots before this course.

I finally feel that my expertise in UX's different fields has certainly improved and I'm able to practice better UX and product design.

I loved that it was online and at my own pace, it allowed me to keep my full-time job. The mentorship is a fantastic guidance to orient learnings better and clear questions.

I´m very pleased with the results :)

• KJafar • Graduate

The Foundations of Data Science course was a great way to get exposed to the field of data science and to learn the methods and techniques used to solve business problems. The coursework is valuable and easy to follow, and I found the capstone project work and weekly mentor calls and ongoing interactions to be the best part of the program.  Springboard's program to pair each student with a mentor is such a great idea that I benefitted from immensely. They have top notch mentors that are experts in their field, and the mentor proactively provides guidance and advice about which data science tools make sense to use in specific situations. The capstone project also provides a great opportunity to apply the methods learned in the course to solve a real-world business problem.

• Kristoffer • Graphic Designer • Graduate

I, like many, saw an ad for Springboard's UX course on Facebook and it piqued my interest as I had already been looking to transition in my career from a graphic designer to a UI/Visual design role. After reviewing the curriculum and comparing the cost and features among it and a few other programs, I decided it was the best option for me... and boy am I glad I did!

My background definitely prepared me for some of the concepts taught in this course, and I can say that even without any prior knowledge in this or a related field, you would be fine. Nothing is glazed over, it's all thoughtfully prepared and the Google+ community is a great resource for interaction and feedback.

Overall, I think anyone who is looking to get into the UX field could benefit from this program and the skills you receive with it.

• Guyda bru • Creative Technologist • Student

When I first saw the ad for Springboard on my facebook feed I was a little suspicious about the "Become a UX Designer in 8 weeks", I admit it sounded appealing, I clicked on it and learned more about the curriculum. I liked how the class was programmed I realized how beneficial it would be for me and my career. I have been looking for a course like this for a while and I have to admit it was the right choice. My mentor was very critical to my progress and without her I don't think I would have been pushing myself to go through each task every week (I didn't want to put it aside from time to time, even though I could have). I would recommend anyone interested to learn more about UXD to check this course out.

• UX Design Course
    - 7/25/2016
    Tommy Koo • Product Designer • Student

Springboard provided 1-on-1 mentorship and a great curriculum to follow. One of the nicest perks of an online course is that you can pace yourself and don't feel the need to follow the set schedule. They do tell you the average time is about 3 months to get thorugh the entire course, but you can spend as long as you need.

• Rob Versaw • Manager • Graduate

The mentorship and guidance really helped seperate this course from others. I was able to bounce ideas off of a professional and learn from him.

• Hunter • Senior Engineer

Most of what I have learned about Data Science, I have learned online through free MOOC's. I enjoy this method of learning because I can really learn at my own pace, and I believe it nurtures free-thinking and problem solving in a way that more structured environments (i.e. univeristy) do not. After about a month of working through Springboard's Data Science Intensive course, I really like their unique learning environment. The coursework is curated from a pretty large variatey of websites across the internet, and I would have never found all of this material on my own. I feel much more comfortable discussing complex data science topics and using analytics tools after only of month of coursework. Unlike the other reviewer, I have not spent any additional money on the curated coursework. The mentorship program is a key component to my success thus far in the course, and he has really helped me through my capstone project. Finally, Springboard nurtures a pretty vibrant community of students and mentors that communicate through a private forum.

Overall, I am feel like the course was money well-spent, and I am excited to get a lot more practice with my newly acquired skills.

• Lucas • Web Developer • Student

The curriculum is a bunch of curated resources from various web sites (Udacity, Lynda, and other web sources). They also do provide articles and suggested books. While I found the videos helpful, the suggested books hold the key information. Also just a note a lot of the resources you will want have short trials and you will end up having to pay for. I found Sketch, Flinto, and UXPin to be the most helpful for completing the projects.

The projects all build a good porfolio to break into the field of UX including the classic Timebank exercise. I did this course to get a better background in UX as a developer and it did help me get a lot better ideas for planning, layout, and repsonsiveness. I cannot speak for Job Assistance as I am not looking to break into the field but there are a number of people taking the course looking to do so. (You would probably get the most assistance from your mentor). The course does have GREAT office hours ranging in topics from breaking into UX to specific concepts that relate to your projects.

The best part is your mentor. Springboard seems to do a good job with matching you with a mentor that matches what you really want to get out of the course. My mentor has been nothing short of amazing. That is what you really pay for with this course, not the materials, but the mentorship. You get a weekly phone call with your mentor and mine would answer emails with feedback in betweek sessions.

Overall the course is inexpensive if you're looking to get a solid background and understanding of UX. I am more of a back-end developer so this actually helped me understand a lot of things about the Front-End side of development. I am not trying to break into the field of UX, BUT the mentorship is awesome and I'm sure you and your mentor would develop a plan to break into the field if you are looking to.

Content was very helpful from various resources. Mentor was great and provided a ton of feedback/extra materials to learn from. Career coaching could be a little more knowledgable on specific regions/markets people are in. Very general advice for job search.

• Anonymous • Applicant

I took the Data Science career track, starting in March 2019. I did it while working full time, 4 months in a company and 4 months building my own company. The content is great but intense, as it is a mix of hands on projects and theory. There is a lot of content, and would recommend focusing on Springboard full time (not working aside) if you want to finish within 6 months. I asked for the 2 months additional time because I couldn't handle the amount of work. But it's absolutely worth the effort!

• Anonymous • Designer • Graduate

I had a great experience with the Springboard UX Career Track program! My mentor was the best part, she gave fantastic, targeted advice that really helped my projects. Be prepared to commit a lot of time to this program, but it is worth it!