Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.65
Recent Springboard News
- From Self-Teaching to Springboard: How Jake Learned Machine Learning
- How to Get a Remote Data Science Job After Springboard
- Coding Bootcamps + COVID-19: Updates, Scholarships and Tips for Learning Online
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $8,200 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1099/month, $8,200 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,400 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1199/month, $5,400 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
550 reviews sorted by:
- Best bootcamp for a more reasonable price- 6/22/2020Chelsea Crawford • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online
- Tommy Liao • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: OnlinePros:
- Career coaches and calls are really helpful during the job search
- Weekly mentor calls / unlimited mentors have helped me honed in my technical and critical thinking skills
- Two end to end capstone projects that made me really think about how I wanted to solve the problem
- Lots of small assignments that really tests your capabilities
- Some of the materials were barely touched on / needed outside resource to better understanding
- Wish some of the projects were more hands on based rather than just videos
- Difference between difficulty of learning a material and applying it to a project was pretty big
- DATA SCIENCE CAREER TRACK- 6/16/2020NISHI MISHRA • Data Scientist • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: OnlineSpringboard has great curriculum. It will guide you till the end. The mentors are great and the student advicers and support people are amazing too. They really want to help you in completing the course. Also they have various modes of payment . They have various practise portals as well. Highly recommended.
- Great for retraining- 6/15/2020Matt Dubow • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: OnlineI would recommend Springboard to anyone looking for career transition/advancement who wants to keep an open schedule. If I had the choice again, I would absolutely choose Springboard over an in-person program. Having the whole course online meant I set my own pace of study and supplemented when I felt necessary. The course material itself is great, with a fair mix of hands-on exercises and video lectures. The curriculum is littered with mini-projects for students to practice their new skills further. The best part of the program for me was probably the mentor experience. The weekly meetings are opportunities to not just review your capstone projects, but to learn how to think like a professional. If you ever feel like you need more time to discuss something (and those half hour sessions can feel short), most mentors are available for messaging or possibly even extra sessions. One thing I really liked about the program was the heavy focus on building essential non-technical skills, like networking or storytelling. Thanks to the course material and the career coaches, by graduation, I really felt like I was ready to enter the job market.
Here are some changes to the curriculum I would recommend:
- Make mini-project reviews more important. While I talked to my mentor about some of them, I never saw a single review in writing. I think this would be a great opportunity to discuss theory and practice code reviews.
- Course material needs to be expanded in some key areas.
-Deployment was limited to one Github mini-project and a very high-level overview video. Graduating students should probably have some familiarity with Docker or other software for productionization.
- Distributed computing was covered in just two sets of exercises. I'd prefer if there were not just more material on the subject, but some more discussion of the underlying theory.
- While this may have been a result of me taking the "generalist" track, I felt the material on deep learning was way too light. We were given only one optional exercise that worked with Keras, despite it being the easiest major DL framework to learn and the least likely to be implemented at scale. Even some more optional reading material would have been nice.
In conclusion: if you're a self-starter, someone who likes to set their own schedule and do some of their own research, then pick Springboard.
- Vivek N • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: OnlineCurrently I'm pursuing their Data Science Career Track. These are my honest reviews about this whole course. I will summarize my experience with Springboard India in a precise manner --
Pros - There is not even one positive feature about this course.
1. Course content is a complete crap and doesn't prepare one to become a data scientist. Its just a collation of free online videos and some DataCamp courses. They hardly have their own content.
2. There is no proper support from Technical Assistants.
3. No corrective action taken on the feedback given on course content.
4. No follow-up from anyone in springboard team on students's progress or any issues they face.
5. False promises were given while on-boarding to this course(which I realize now)
6. The course is not worth a penny for the exorbitant fees they charge.
7. The 1:1 mentor support is not at all useful.
9. Office hours are complete useless.
10. Career services are hopeless.
I regret my decision to opt for this course. I hope my reviews find useful to aspiring data scientists.
- Springboard is Fraud- 6/13/2020Subodh Kumar • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: OnlineHi All,
I am a student of Springboard and sharing real experience with you.
First of all, you should know, Springboard is FAKEboard / FRAUDboard.
Please don't join this course by seeing high ratings, as we all know these ratings can be biased.
I have enrolled in Springboard India Data Science Career Track (DSC).
I was having lots of expectations with this course.
But these fraud people, provide you nothing but frustration.
Career Coach: No use
Mentors: No use [ Mentors are even not aware of the curriculum ]
Office Hours: No use [This is the most frustrating thing, any xyz will take the session, they don't care about what have learnt or learning, just will come and talk whatever they want]
Job Guarantee: It is the biggest lie
So, guys please please save your money.
- Tri Nguyen • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: OnlineThe program is well-designed and the pace is good for a 6-month course. The material is very well-selected with lots of real-world examples. The mini-projects are very helpful to learn the concept taught in the course. My mentor is very professional and very helpful along the way.
- UX Design Career Track- 5/28/2020Joshua Colaco • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: OnlineI started the course with no prior UX design experience (came from an Engineering background). It was everything I wanted and expected from an online course and curriculum. The modules were immersive, my mentor (and also the student advisor) was responsive and always had valuable and encouraging advice, and the projects have provided a great range of work for me to present in my portfolio (which Springboard also give comprehensive advice on, right down to the best hosting sites to use).
The course was all-inclusive and I have found that since I have finished with it, I keep going back to certain sections and brushing up on knowledge (all the material is available permanently after completion).
I didn't fall within the requirements of the job guarantee (as I am based in London) but I was still given the option of completing the Industry Design Project, which was one of the best parts of the course for me - I worked with a startup company in America and worked on the research and design of a gardening app.
Advice for prospective students - Use the mentor calls to get as much advice and information as you can, you'd be mentored by UX designers who have been in the industry for a long time and have a LOT of knowledge gold. Also, the Springboard community is another great feature, I didn't use this enough, but I understand how valuable it could be, to network and make accountability partnerships etc. especially if you live in America.
- UX Career Track- 5/23/2020Daniel Beals • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: OnlineNot only does Springboard nurture creative minds who want to learn and challenge themselves, they push you in ways that help you grow and allow you discover what areas you excel in. I hated research, or thought I did, until I got into Springboard’s UX course. There, I found out differently. And now I’m pursuing a career in UX Research. I’ve tried a couple of different UX boot camps. Springboard was the one that took care of me. They’ll take care of you too.
- UX Career Track- 5/23/2020Tasnim Reza • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: OnlineSpringboard's UX career track curriculum is very well thought out. I found it was really helpful for people like me who don't have any technical background. Springboard gives you unlimited mentor calls. Career coach calls are also very helpful and they give you career coach consultation for 6 months after graduation. The mentors and career counselors are very knowledgable. Also, they have a slack channel for all the students and alumni to discuss any problem and get suggestions. Furthermore, student advisors and everyone from the support staff is great and very helpful, and timely in their responses. Springboard has all kinds of resources and they are super helpful. My suggestion would be to take advantage of and utilize the resource as much as possible for the desired career.
- Data Science Online Classroom program- 5/20/2020Prakash Kumar • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
- Data Analytics Career Track- 5/14/2020Pascual Nicanor • Student • Campus: OnlineSpringboard's curriculum is an expertly curated program that challenges students at every turn; however, the mentor support is a difference maker in student success. The mentor is a guide and facilitator who provides key business and technical insight that connect class work to real life experience. The career advisory team is also key in living up to that job guarantee. The student who listens to career advisor advice is exponentially closer to landing that dream job. The Springboard was a great learning experience that I would not hesitate to share with friends.