Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.73
Recent Springboard News
- From Self-Teaching to Springboard: How Jake Learned Machine Learning
- How to Get a Remote Data Science Job After Springboard
- From Artist to UX/UI Designer with Springboard
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $8,200 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1099/month, $8,200 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,400 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1199/month, $5,400 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
518 reviews sorted by:
- UX Design Career Track- 4/22/2020Cyrus Mir • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: OnlineI did my UX Design Career track at Springboard. My background is in Motion Design so I did not have much background in UX design. The curriculum was to the point and covered all the important information needed to start me on my career path. The mentoring program was very useful and my mentor went above and beyond to answer all my questions and concerns about all topics. The career help with resume, LinkedIn, interviewing skills and portfolio design were also very helpful.
- Data Science Career Track- 4/22/2020Ramya Subramanian • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: OnlineJoining Springboard was the best decision I ever made. It has a well structured curriculum and you are guided by the mentors and the career coaches in every step of the way. You need to be at a certain threshold with coding, statistics and Data science to get the most of this boot camp. The curriculum has to be followed up with research and self learning.
- Great Experience- 4/16/2020Viraj Modak • Process Engineer • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: OnlineThe Data Science Career Track Bootcamp offered a comprehensive curriculum, which covers a wide range of topics in Data Science. The mentor system is also very useful. Capstone projects provide a unique experience similar to building a data science project from a problem statement to a final product. The only con I would mention is the specialization is a one-time choice. It would be great if they could offer a 1-week or so review period to make that decision.
- FreeLancer- 4/16/2020Gupta Kumar • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: OnlineIf you accept starting with Springboard be ready for
-- No job assistance(You will have to find job yourself)
-- 6 months job guarantee is a liar.
-- There are lots of unemployment SP alumni.
-- 30 min mentor time once a week is not sufficient and satisfying.
- Springboard - Data Analytics Track- 4/13/2020Chris Jiang • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online
- Great Foundation and Application to UX- 4/10/2020Sean Forquer • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: OnlineFrom the mentors to the progression of course content, I felt Springboard was the best camp I could've selected to learn the essentials of UX and product design. What made the course so great was its see-then-do approach to learning, where you would learn course material in the units before directly applying them to your capstone project. It is also a case of getting out what you put in where Springboard and the mentors give each student all of the tools necessary to be great and it's up to the student's imagination to make something cool. I would definitely recommend this bootcamp to anyone who is interested in the UX domain.
- Shaifali Tyagi • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online" I would highly recommend springboard best bootcamp for those going for a career change" I had a wonderful experience at springboard as:
- It was helpful for me to understand the basics of analytics and upgrading my skills.
- Well matched mentor was one of the best practice that springboard does.
- 1:1 mentor calls helped me throughout my course.
- Real life case studies helped me to understand concepts more clearly and use them in practice.
- Job guarantee and career coach calls helping me to get a decent job in my field.
- Worth the Pain and Suffering- 4/3/2020Tom • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: OnlineSpringboard Review
Positives:· MentorshipBy far the biggest strength of Springboard, so big that others have copied it. My mentor was just the person I had craved for a long time in my educational career: smart, good people skills, and accountable. I learned as much from him as I did in my Master’s program. The 30 minutes a week were invaluable and gave me insights I would not have found on my own.· CurriculumFor the most part, the curriculum is very good. It’s a combination of online resources Springboard doesn’t create themselves, but if I had to learn data science all over again, I would rather learn from these resources than random Google searches. Save the Google searches for the projects, where most of the learning comes from anyway. The curriculum is also more up-to-date than an in-person program. The projects stretched me to my limits, and I came out a much better data scientist because of it.· Course SupportThere has been an increase in course support over my time at Springboard. There is an option to have an additional mentorship meeting with a different mentor just to work on non-Capstone projects. Springboard also hosts an annual conference at their headquarters that is worth attending if you are a student.Negatives:· Job SupportSpringboard is by no means a silver bullet to a dream data science job, but it’s close. You have to put in the work to landing a job to get that job afterwards. I found there were times where the career advisors were booked months in advance, but they seemed to have hired new staff. I have no doubt if you complete the course in six months that you would be ready for a DS role, but it’s an intense six months.· Completion TimeI took much longer than expected and was given extensions to finish. This was more a human error than a Springboard error, and if I felt mentally the way I do now compared to when I started Springboard, I could have easily finished in the allotted time. Just be careful with grandiose capstone projects.· FeedbackOutside of my mentor, I found feedback tough to get when handing in coursework.Overall: Great experience, would do again. The positives are fixable and far outweigh the negatives and I found it paid for itself in salary raises, even with the extensions. This is the direction education is going, and I look forward to watching what Springboard does next.
- Data science career track- 3/25/2020Bhargavsinh Ravalji • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
- I wanted quick and affordable. And I got it- 3/20/2020Vivian Tung • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: OnlineI have almost completed the Data Analysis Career Track, and I am grateful for the experience it has given me. 5 months in, I have landed a job in the field. I did come into the program with some experience in excel, python, and sql, but the course was a good refresher and taught me a lot in terms of real world applications and business sense.
Most valuable parts:
- 1-1 weekly mentor calls, monthly career coaching calls
- in depth case studies
- building your own unique portfolio projects
-Starting the course in November 2019 (when it was still fresh) felt a little like we were also beta testing it
- if learning communities are important to you, the community being online can be a challenge to adapt to
- some of the course material felt repetitive and some left me feeling like I needed more practice
The designers and educators are responsive to feedback, and the student support (student advisors, community advisors, career services, etc) are very helpful and respond quickly.
- UX Design Career Track- 3/17/2020Samantha Tarpinian • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: OnlinePivoting careers can be scary, and with so many bootcamp programs out in the market today for UX/UI Design programs, I was considering several UX Design bootcamps. After speaking with past alumni from those several bootcamps, I couldn't discovered that Springboard was the right fit for me. It accommodated those who already had a full time job, while supporting you with mentorship, program community, career coaches, and a hands on student advisor. I personally had a wonderful experience with the mentor I was paired up with. He was hands on, supportive, and challenged me throughout the curriculum, based on my goals and expectations I discussed with him in our initial call. I appreciated how thorough Springboard was when it came to preparing students for what they might expect during a portfolio walkthrough or a mock interview. After speaking with others in other bootcamp programs, I was surprised to hear that some don't offer that level of thoroughness.
Springboard is always open to feedback, and aiming to improve their curriculum based on student feedback. I can't recommend Springboard enough based on the experience I had, and from a cost perspective, they are one of the most competitive out there for how much they offer within a 6 month program.
- John Lizaso • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online