Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.75
Recent Springboard News
- Inside Springboard’s New Software Engineering Career Track with Colt Steele
- 2019 End of Year Coding Bootcamp Podcast
- From Microbiology to Machine Learning with Springboard
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1099/month, $8,200 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,400 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1199/month, $5,400 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
435 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- UX Design- 2/22/2018Gabriela • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Amazing Data Science Course!- 2/9/2018Erik E. • Research Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
The Springboard Data Science Career track has been an amazing investment for me. Even though I had studied data science online for 6 months on my own before starting the course, the they the course content has been curated and laid out helped me to build a much stronger foundation. There is also a wealth of resources from counselors and a mentor that I was matched up with who had a similar academic background to my own which really helped me to build out my technical and professional skills for a career in data science. Overall, I'm pretty sure that this Springboard course is the best personal investment I have ever made. I highly recommend it to anyone thinking of starting out a career or transferring their current skill set to the field of data science!
- UX Design Course- 1/3/2018Emma Albert • Product Manager • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- How Springboard board handle data science- 12/6/2017Omar Al-Naimi • Epidemiologist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I took Data Science Career Track course after I did many mini-courses and read many books. The main issue with data science is that there is no clear start and end points. After a while of taking diffirent courses, you feel that you do not know what is data science career. In Spring board, besides learning more, I also could connect the dots and the field became clear to me.
After finishing Career Track Data Science course, you can continue your journey by yourself.
- Exactly what I needed!- 11/22/2017Melanie Hanna • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I took Springboard's Career Track Data Science course, which was exactly what I needed to transition my career. I'm pretty self motivated, which you'll need as the course is self-paced (you can also choose to pay per month which is an extra motivation to complete the course as fast as you can!), but wanted some sort of defined path to teach myself data science. There are a ton of online resources for free but it's pretty much impossible to know where to start without guidance.
The course does a great job of starting you from basics but they move you on pretty quick from there in case you already have a foundation in CS or statistics. They match you with a mentor who can give feedback on your projects or answer any questions you might have about the material or the industry.
The job guarantee is a big reason why I chose this course. It was pretty much a win-win. I started looking for a job about a month from finishing the course and got a job offer in about two months. I absolutely LOVE my new job and what I'm doing now.
There seriously isn't a better deal out there. I recommend this program to anyone who wants to become a data scientist. The ROI here is unbeatable.
- An Excellent All Round Education- 11/22/2017Rounak Banik • Student • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
I was a student of Springboard's Data Science Career Track between July and November 2017. Completing the track has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. The track was extremely streamlined and sufficiently challenging to keep you involved for the entire duration.
The biggest take away of the program was the mentorship. My mentor, Baran, taught me skills that you will never find in a book or a publicly offered MOOC. He also gave me invaluable glimpses into the world of professional data science. With his constant guidance, I was able to participate in Data Science Hackathons, publish and gather traction for my kernels on Kaggle and develop a proposal for a talk on Inferential Statistics which was accepted in SciPy India 2017.
Another huge benefit of the program is the network you get to build. Springboard mentors and alumni work at amazing places. I connected and interacted with more than a dozen people doing inspiring work. My mentor personally introduced me to Data Scientists at Airbnb (my first capstone project was on Airbnb User Bookings) and Amazon. They, in turn, gave me a sneak peak of their work at their respective companies.
As part of DSC, I completed over 15 technical projects and 2 major Capstone Projects. With the help of my mentor, I was able to channel my work in the right places. My analysis on TED Talks caught the eye of the Kaggle CEO who then submitted my notebook to the official TED Team. My second capstone project on Movie Recommender Systems had me publishing a dataset that was trending at the top for 3 straight days.
The material I learnt from Springboard also helped me in performing reasonably well in Data Science Competitions. My bachelors' thesis project on Fake News Detection is also based on the knowledge I acquired from the program.
Finally, DSC prepares you for the non technical aspects of getting a job. There are intensive, personal evaluations of your LinkedIn Profile, your resume and mock interviews. These exercises prepare you well for evaluating, applying and eventually interviewing for various data science jobs.
All in all, DSC is a great investment if you want to switch careers or get started with the field of Data Science. It prepares you for entry level Data Science jobs and equips you with enough expertise to jump into more advanced material after the program. Highly recommended!
- Great Course!- 11/3/2017Alla Prazyan • Graphic Designer • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I am in Graphic Design industry for more than 8 years and I was happy to explore UX Design course here on Springboard. The curriculum is very well designed and covers all aspects of UX design. This course is ideal for busy people, who cannot attend scheduled classes on site. Mentors are all professionals from the UX field, and student's advisors are always right away ready to assist with any question.
- Great curriculum and great mentor- 10/13/2017Dirk Maserkopf • Student • Course: Business Analytics • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
My 12 weeks experience with springboard was excellent. My weekly mentor calls helped me to find the right way to analyze data and go beyond the actual case study. The learning material is easy to read and understand, not that the course is too easy, but the layout and structure of the course is very good and makes it a pleasure to learn. Catherina from student support is great to deal with. I had one small problem, none of springboards fault, but my first assigned mento wasn't available any longer, so Catherina went beyond her normal hours of work and found me a new mentor over the weekend. I was really impressed with the support she gave me and any other questions, were answered right away, even though we had like 16 hours time difference between Western Australia and San Fran.
A special thanks to Chinmay , my mentor, who was always available and even so we had to change sometime our time of call, he was always flexible and guided me through the course plus gave me some great insights from his past experience and working as BA.
- Foundations in Data Science- 9/14/2017Arun • Student • Course: Introduction to Data Science • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I took the Foundations in Data Science course from Springboard. I have had some introduction to statistics and programming (quite a bit of stats in my MBA program and took many datacamp certificates for R and Python programming).
Really enjoyed the foundations course from Springboard. Have tried using many MOOC`s (massive online open courseware) to learn data science but to no use. Springboard`s mentor driven and community driven coursework is a lot better. Setting up the R Studio environment, Github, writing code on R, R markdown etc, all take quite some effort, if you are from a non computer science background (I am not a CS major but had some coding in high school and undergrad). This is where the mentor and community are most useful.
The $ 500 per month fee is very reasonable for the community, mentor interactions and curriculum that you get in the course.
My advice to prospective students who have no background in statistics and programming is as follows:
1) First learn statistics from online resources like Khan Academy, Saylor.org etc. Topics may include descriptive statistics (mean, median, mode, variance, standard deviation, types of distributions, probability), inferential statistics (p-value, Z-scores, hypothesis test, t-test) and machine learning (linear regression, logistic regression, some simple classification algorithms etc). Even datacamp.com has many good coding courses built around statistics.
2) Learn some R, Python and SQL from datacamp.com. Take a total of 10 certificate courses from datacamp in these 3 programming languages. This will really help develop your coding skills. In R, take introduction to R, intermediate R, dplyr, ggplot, statistics with R etc. In Python, learn numpy, pandas, seaborn etc.
3) After you have finished above 2 points, you can move to Springboard. You may think that Springboard is also about the first 2 points. Yes, it is. But the most important part of Springboard is the capstone project. Once you have completed point 1 and 2, you can enter the Springboard foundations course confidently and spend most of your time thinking and working on your capstone project. Remember that nothing matches the skills you develop while completing an end to end capstone project. This is only possible on Springboard at a very reasonable price.
Lots of effort and motivation + Springboard + Datacamp is the best formula for becoming a quantitative analyst/junior data scientist, if you do not already have a background in statistics and computer science.
- Jenn L • UX UI Designer • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I've been a visual designer (mostly web) for about 10 years. I've done aspects of UX in many of my jobs/projects. But there were a lot of best practices in research and prep that I'd never properly learned to be an official UX designer. I learned and practiced all these textbook need-to-knows and quickly got my portfolio updated to prove it through this course in a matter of a few months. I saved $1000's from avoiding full-time courses that I didn't need since I had quite a lot of on the job training already. Since completing the course I've gotten messages weekly to daily from recruiters on LinkedIn looking to place me in new exciting roles at big and small companies. TOTALLY WORTH IT.
My UX project from the curriculum: https://www.jennlindeman.com/ux-project
- Excellent UX Design course- 7/24/2017Amelia MG • UX Writer • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I took Springboard's UX Design course, and really enjoyed my experience. The curriculum was engaging, varied enough to accommodate many different learning styles, and was dynamic - Springboard updates their curriculum all the time, so nothing feels out of date. The emphasis on working with other students through the online community made it easy to gather ongoing feedback about your process, and simulated a bit of what it's like to work on a UX team - you never work in a bubble ;)
The self-paced nature of the class is a bit of a double-edged sword, because you can finish the course while working a full time job, but it does mean you need to be really self-motivated - I work full time, and finished the course in 3 months. Both your mentor and Springboard advisors are extremely helpful and supportive, and can even provide suggested timelines for what to work on each week in order to finish the course in the time that meets your needs.
As I mentioned earlier, each student is assigned a mentor, with whom you work closely, meeting each week to discuss progress, goals, and other, non-course-related aspects of UX design work. This mentor/student relationship was invaluable to my success. My mentor is extremely talented and charismatic and working with her helped keep me on track.
I highly recommend Springboard to anyone looking for a dive into UX Design.
- UX Design Course- 7/24/2017Laura A Hamrick • Web Designer/UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I would highly recommend the Springboard UX Design course to anyone that is looking to learn UX Design or would like to get a jump start on putting some UX examples on their portfolio. I had worked in UX for about a year but didn't have any personal examples that I could show for on my public portfolio. My Springboard (Sara) was extremely helpful in providing me with feedback and recommending resources that were outside of what the course had listed.
This course was great because as a freelance web designer, my schedule isn't consistent week to week. Since the course is flexible, you are able to do as much or as little of the work each week to make it work for you.
I was left with an amazing portfolio piece on the entire process of UX Design and have been offered multiple positions since completing the course. I also felt extremely comfortable in the interviews as I was confidently able to walk through the ENTIRE UX Design process since I had gone through every piece.
Would highly recommend this to anyone interested in UX!
- Data Science- 1/17/2020punith • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
My Experience with Springboard .
I joined the springboard course in the month of Aug,2019 and I left/discontinued the course in the month of Jan,2020
It’s not worth at all, simply i can say waste of your hard earned money and waste of time as well.
So called mentors will be not available as per the schedules and they don’t spend much time with the students in explaining their doubts or explaining the concept.
Next coming to so called office hours , coding support sessions it’s just for the name sake they fix up the sessions without even asking/discussing our availability time, i can they do as per their need.
They force you to enroll for the course by paying 1.9 Lakhs and they also provide you easy EMI/Loan by third party finance company, after your enrollment they don’t even care/bother about you concerns related to course .
Most imp thing is, they state you like 100%per job guarantee after the successful completion of your course in 6 months but the hard fact is you can’t complete the course within the stipulated time as they mentioned since you don’t get proper support from mentors/support team after your enrollment in any manner and course is not easy at all as they state you while enrolling.
Whenever you try to reach support team/student adviser to discuss your concerns they don’t pick your call many times and if they receive the call they just say will come back to you in few min/EOD or will solve within EOD but you don’t get any solutions on time or they try to convince you as per their needs.
whenever you try to raise your concerns regarding the course, you will get only one statement/answer like you are not attending sessions properly, not following the mentor instructions or you are not spending your time. They will never ever agree their mistakes and listen you concerns as well.
Most pathetic part - When you say i am not satisfied with the course or if you ask for the cancellation and your money back, they simply say we don’t have refund policy at all and they will again try to convince you to the fullest with the flashy words/statements. It’s like mental harassment .
My suggestions please don’t waste your hard money and time as well.
if you are interested to learn data science and to make career transition , we have many institute in Bangalore who offer data science course, ML , AI course with very minimum fee ranges like 15–45k with excellent course structure so please don’t get fool y enrolling Springboard.
All the videos/materials provided by springboard are available for free in YouTube .
When the entire course material is free resources why they are charging 1.95 Lakhs I don’t understand
Mentor ship(mentor call) is something they make as a star of the program. But you will get to interact with your mentor once in a week only for half an hour.
I never got a chance to discuss in detail with my mentor as there was a time constraints (mentor is be not available after 30min )
Whatever the things/words which i explained above, it’s my pathetic experience and wasted money as well.
I definitely made a wrong decision by joining Springboard.
- Great Mentorship makes the coursework alive- 1/16/2020Justin Lee • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online
I was already working in digital marketing but I wasn't getting the type of training that I hoped and I really wanted to accelerate my career. I got paired with a great mentor that really help me dive deeper into the coursework and bring it into the real world. I took alot from the course that helped me become more successful at work and helped me bring my career to the next level.
- Good way to get into data science field- 1/14/2020Roberto Lambert • Student • Course: Intermediate Data Science: Python • Campus: OnlineI had a good experience taking this course...the curriculum was well structured and organized and was tied to the completion of a final project. There were weekly 30 minute calls with a mentor who helped you with your questions on the curriculum and the project...the calls were also used to plan strategy and stay on top of things ... Overall the content of the course was very good... obviously there is a ton of things going on in data science, and the course material does not provide an in-depth review of everything there is to know....this is a good 100-hour course to get yourself oriented in this vast and changing field.
- Zero to Here- 1/14/2020Raleigh Tomlinson • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
This program guided me in creating a strong process to follow with UX design. I really have had a transformational year that started with this program. I went from having no idea what to do with my life, to getting my first app design client one month into the program, to now working for a large AI company. My income went from about $5k a year doing random web projects to $10k a MONTH. It's really put a whole new level of direction in my life. I can't say that was to the program alone, it was also networking events and a lot of luck with finding the right connections. But my mentor has been everything to me in this process. She's been my voice of reason along the way and my secret weapon at upping my designs to a level beyond my experience. We still plan to meet even with the course being over. I really am a UX designer. This role has deeply become a part of my identity and I'm grateful for Springboard to have given me the tools necessary to be able to say that.
- Digital Marketing Career Track- 1/9/2020Philip Wang • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online
The Digital Marketing Career Track by Springboard is a curriculum that teaches you a general level of full stack marketing where they use blogs from real marketers as course material. You go through projects at the end of every module using a specific technical tool like Google Analytics or Facebook Ads. At the end, you can complete one big capstone project to demonstrate a specific digital marketing skill you want to develop on. I did two. One was doing a product marketing capstone where I presented my sales deck and go-to-market blog for a specific real company product and actually presented to that company's employee. The second capstone involved running Google Ads for a nonprofit client for 4 weeks. The best and most helpful of all is your mentor who is a real industry expert and will walk with you throughout your entire course giving feedback and more.
- Great UX design course- 1/9/2020Josephine Okudoh • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online
- An amazing experience- 1/8/2020Jode-Leigh Nembhard • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online
I've done a lot of schooling, but nothing like Springboard before. I felt supported in every way. There were times I had imposter syndrome, and whether it was my mentor, or my career coach or other students, I felt like I could see this course through. This course is worth every penny. I feel extremely prepared. The support team is amazing and will help you in every step to be successful.
- Amazing one-to-one mentor program- 1/3/2020Attila Gyori • Graduate • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online
Springboard offers a deep understanding of Machine Learning techniques with good introduction to the mathematical background of it. Their mentor program is the selling point of this course, as you get one mentor who will coach you through the curriculum and helps on the capstone project. I recommend this course to anyone who already has a some background of ML and AI algorithms but wants to deep dive into the details and build its first end-to-end solution.
- End-to-end Capstone projects- 1/2/2020Yali Chen • Applicant • Campus: Online
One thing I like about Springboard's UX course is the capstone project. As a UX designer, you need a portfolio to demonstrate projects and very few bootcamps emphasize that in their curriculum. I also like the weekly mentor call. My mentor is very encouraging and very insightful, and I feel that I can ask any questions and not afraid of being criticized. I highly recommend this program to anyone who is interested in UX design.
- Excellent Intensive UX Immersive Experience- 12/30/2019Susan Falcone • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
The Springboard UX Career Track was an excellent program and a great experience. I came out of it with a well-rounded, high-level education in UX best practices, and a decent portfolio with three case studies. The content is well-curated, and all the mentors I worked with were high-caliber experts in the field. The online community is helpful and students are very open to helping one another. I would highly recommended this program.
However, there were a few downsides:
• The program is advertised to be 350+ hours. I spent over 900 hours and 7 months, so plan your time wisely. Most people I know also put in this much time, not just me.
• Weekly mentor calls are short and therefore rushed. Mentors don't have time to review your work before you submit it. Yes, you technically have "unlimited" mentor calls, but those are with a different mentor who is not up to speed on your project, and they are also limited to 30 minutes. Hour-long calls would have been sufficient.
• If you do not have a background in visual design, you may struggle with this program as there is little training in visual design, however, I know Springboard now has a UX/UI career track, which I'd recommend if you need help with visual design.
• They do not help with job placement, but do provide career coaching for 6 months after you're done the program.
- Intermediate DataScience Python Review- 12/29/2019Ruchika Singh • Senior Director, Analytics • Course: Intermediate Data Science: Python • Campus: Online
This course will push you to learn the techniques you have been trying to learn. Its really reach and starts from basics of datamanipulation to inferential stats to machine learning. If you do this sincerely, you are sure to get medium expertise atleast in python for data science. My skills are definitely elevated.
- Data Science Career Track- 12/23/2019Jeffrey Ma • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
I had an amazing experience with the Data Science Career Track. The 1:1 weekly mentor calls really helped me stay on track with course materials as well as help with any questions I had with anything related to data science and applying for jobs. I received help with resume review, cover letters, job search, and interview questions, on top of Capstone Project help.
One slight negative I experienced was the career coaches. I would have preferred to have the same career coach throughout my Springboard experience, but the first coach I signed up with ended up getting transferred to a different career track. So I signed up for a second career coach, and she ended up getting transferred as well. The third career coach I signed up for ended up being my favorite of the three anyway, so things worked out.
Finally, I was on the deferred tuition plan with a job guarantee, which means I paid nothing until I landed a job. Which Springboard helped me with! In under a year, I was able to switch professions and land a role as a Data Analyst in a tech start up.