Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.76
Recent Springboard News
- From Microbiology to Machine Learning with Springboard
- How Top Companies Influence the Springboard UI/UX Design Course
- Switching Careers in Six Months: Anthony’s Path to Data Science at Springboard
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingClimb financing available
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit.
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingClimb Credit Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingClimb Credit: Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner: Climb Financing.
Deferred Tuition: Pay $700 upfront, and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1099/month, $8,200 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,400 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner: Climb Financing.
Deferred Tuition: Pay $500 upfront, and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1199/month, $5,400 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
389 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Great course!- 10/24/2019Shubham Tiwari • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
Springboard is a great bootcamp with amazing mentors and ongoing career support. It consistently builds technical and professional competencies to be able to transition smoothly into a data science career. The job guarantee is a great incentive for studying hard and completing the course! Springboard has an active community that encourages students to attend conferences and local meetups. Personally it helped me to effectively transition into a data science role, coming from a chemical engineering background.
- Overall very positive experience- 10/22/2019Audrey Meng • Graduate • Course: Introduction to Data Science • Campus: Online
- Curriculum is very well curated and comprehensive; having the mini projects and Capstone project helps flex the coding muscles and build a solid foundation
- Mentor is extremely supportive and helpful, and provides many useful tips from real world practice
- Staff is understanding and always respond in a timely manner
- Useful UX course.- 10/14/2019Dena Kline • Creative Director • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
- Data Scientist Career Track- 10/9/2019Daniela Esparza • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
- Independent of your background, you can finish this program, on your way and with all the mentoring support that you need. The program encourages you to be creative to face challenging capstone projects.
- Opportunity to work in topics where you really feel passion, using the newly learned skills.
- Excellent professional coaching and final interviews to prepare yourself for the next steps and to build networking.
- The program might include more content and mini-projects related to PySpark and a sense of programming at scale.
- Some tutorials on the curriculum are little longs. They could be shorter (including just the essential content). The curriculum has a couple of own videos -introducing the chapters and coaching advice-. Maybe they could work in their own technical videos.
- Some people could need a little more support about datasets and available tools for capstone projects. Maybe in the first chapter, the curriculum could include links to datasets and examples of projects to guide them.
- A neat intro to the UXUI world- 10/9/2019Ali • Student • Student • Campus: Online
Springboard UX design is a thothought and comprehensive online course for those who are interested in UXUI but had zero experience. It had prepared me from the start by introducing basic concept to hands-on experience by creating a capstone project. A plus of the course would be the once-a-week mentor call that really keeped me on track and answered all the questions.
- Springboard was great- 10/7/2019Jack • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online
The material is mostly content from other blogs / learning services that is packaged together in such a way as to make it easy for you to develop a wide ranging skill set in digital marketing. I finished pretty much right on time even though I took the time to create my own content and do my own projects rather than just following the recommended ones.
The career coaching and mental calls alone are worth the expense. It helped me get a digital marketing job I loved!
- Lena Ugren • Marketing assistant and graphic designer • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online
Amazing course for those looking to start a career in digital marketing! You get so much value for the price! One of the best things was the opportunity to work with a non-profit through Google Ads Online Marketing Challenge. This gave me confidence on how to work on real projects, leveled up my communication skills with clients and gave my resume a boost. Student advisors and support are super flexible and available. My mentor has 20+ years of experience in marketing and I was able to learn a lot from her. Hands on projects with awesome technical support if you get stuck on anything. Highly recommend Springboard!
- Data Science Career Track- 10/2/2019Pardeep Kumar • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
I have just finished the Data Science Career track program at Springboard. I picked Springboard over the other data science course because of two main reasons:
1. I was able to work my current job and complete the coursework in the evenings and the weekends
2. My mentor was extremely helpful and guided to build a good foundation in machine learning and neural networks
3. The staff is great, understanding and respectful and my student advisor was really prompt in replying to any queries
4. The career courches are very passionate and experienced which matters especially when you are on verge of making a career change and you need someone to keep you motivated
- Business Analytics- 9/29/2019Connor C • Graduate • Course: Business Analytics • Campus: Online
- Springboard UX Design course- 9/26/2019Jonathan Kusagaya • Graphic Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
Springboard was a great course that provided many resources that I found helpful, from articles from credible sources as well as videos. They packaged the course sections very clear and concise for me which made it easy to follow along. The mentor calls were also helpful in getting good feedback for my capstone project.
- A solid Foundation for Budding Data Scientists- 9/23/2019Bryson Sicotte • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
Completing a couple well thought-out projects is really valuable, especially for someone who doesn't have any work experience in data science. Doing these types of projects would have been very difficult on my own. Additionally, having a mentor to consult with every step of the way provided reassurance more than once. You always knew you had help if you got stuck. Lastly, I really enjoyed the community aspect of the course. It provided a forum for Q/A, and often my question had already been asked by another student, so I was able to get an answer immediately. This was great for those moments when you're stuck on an assignment and don't want to wait for your mentor's email or call.
Advice for those considering the course:
1. Keep a steady pace. Plan out in advance how much you will work on the course each day.
2. Work hard on all the assignments, but especially the projects. What you put in is what you get out.
- Great Course in UX Design- 9/11/2019Lauren Turner • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
I took Springboards UX Career Track course. I initially intended to complete it in 6 months, but after some setbacks, it ended up taking about two months longer. During that time Springboard's support team was able to extend my course end date with no issues. Overall, the course material was very informative. The content is presented in a variety of ways, articles, videos, short assignments, long assignments, to support different types of learning. I also thought the main projects, Capstone, and Industry Design Project prepared me for a job in this field. The capstone project gives you a detailed overview of each method, and step, of the UX process, and the IDP had me directly working with a real company to solve an actual problem that they have. I would recommend this course from Springboard to anyone who wants to get into UX Design and be successful at it!
- Data Science Career Track review- 9/11/2019David Gray • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
The Springboard Data Science Career Track course provides more resources than I expected. These include the weekly calls with a professional for mentoring, career calls to talk about aspects of applying and making contacts and refining a resume and LinkedIn profile, mock interviews that were a great motivation to prepare for, and individuals who can review projects and code. I was impressed by the number of resources and their quality. My mentor helped me understand a solid strategy for making contacts with individuals at companies for referrals. Another resource is the free access to DataCamp during and after the course, which is effective at teaching concepts and code. The main suggestion I would make to improve the course is providing supplemental resources to deepen knowledge of a topic if one wanted to increase understanding. Overall, I feel that I advanced a lot from studying the course materials but, of course, expect that I will need to study independently to be effective in my new job.
- Steffen • UX Designer • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
I had a great experience with my mentor. The course material could be a little more robust, and have more real life examples and current case studies. It was sometimes hard to apply the general info in the course to the project I was working on. But overall it was informative, and I always got good advice and feedback from my mentor.
- Great Curriculum with Excellent Support- 9/6/2019Sitara Abraham • Data Science Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
I'm so thankful I enrolled in this bootcamp. The curriculum was very comprehensive, delving into statistical concepts, data wrangling, and Python with machine learning applications (and more). The mini projects and 2 capstone reports really allowed me to hone my Python and analytical skills. Moreover, the career support and the mentor support were invaluable. Having weekly calls with my mentor really helped in terms of direction for my projects and with any miscellaneous curriculum questions. Interviewing skills and networking is part of the curriculum, so you're set up for success from the beginning. I was able to get a Data Science job (albeit with prior data experience) after 3 months of the the bootcamp; the portfolio I've created through Springboard was a major asset in my interviewing process.
- Kip Ladd • Product Specialist • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing for Professionals • Campus: Online
I started out on the Digital Marketing Career Track only to land a job half way through the course so they allowed me to finish the program within the Professional Track. This alone speakes volumes to the flexibility and support the program brings to bear. I have over 10 years B2B Email Marketing and Website management experience, but it was dated (early 2000s). Thus, I was looking for a way to upgrade my skill set and also use real-world experiences. For example, I was able to partner with a local Family Law Practice that was just getting off the ground and use their business as my main project to build demand generation and other Digital Marketing tactics around using real dollars. It was awesome to see how the curriculum, and great support from an industry specific mentor melded well together to allow me to build and execute a Digital Marketing Plan for the law firm. I then also had practical experience to apply elsewhere and demonstrate to employers I had some level of expertise in some of the newer Digital Marketing areas I lacked from my past positions.
- Awesome experience- 8/30/2019Kathie Fitzpatrick • UX / UI Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
- Great UX curriculum, stellar support- 8/28/2019Brandon Goei • Graduate • Campus: Online
Springboard's UX Essentials curriculum is a great overview of the UX design process for absolute beginners, with a solid basis of history and core concepts and progressing through a well-paced guide to doing it all for yourself. The real star of the show, though, is the amount of support provided to students, especially in the form of 1:1 weekly mentor calls, which provide real world experience from real people and do well to keep students on task.
- Exceeded my expectations and I learned a lot!- 8/27/2019Jose Reyes • Senior Healthcare Analyst • Student • Course: Business Analytics • Campus: Online
As a working professional, I've learned that constant learning is essential for career success! As such, I had a great experience with Springboard's data science courses and was expecting the same out of their business analytics course. I really enjoyed learning about the various concepts taught in the program: data modeling, dashboarding, customer life-time value among many others. Despite being familiar with the basics of these and other concepts (I have a Master's Degree in a program that covered these areas) I was very surprised at how much I didn't know and how much I learned through Springboard.
The course work is challenging and have applied it to my current work on various projects. However, the most valuable aspect of my experience with this program was the mentorship I received as I completed the course. My mentor was someone who provide some of the most valuable advise and guidance with respect to business analytics. Being a business analyst himself it was great to hear about this field from someone who has been working with these concepts at such an advanced level.
I summarize this review by saying that my expectations were exceeded, I learned a lot, and I was able to apply the concepts and advise I received in this course immediately to my work. I whole-heartedly recommend this course if you are interested in learning about (or learning more about) business analytics. Enjoy!
- Springboard Business Analytics- 8/20/2019Bradley McCalla • Program Manager • Student • Course: Business Analytics • Campus: Online
At first, I was a little nervous taking this course due to my limited background in this particular field, but I felt that it was a necessary component to add to my profile to help further my career.
Following the introduction meeting, before the course started, the student advisors took time to answer any questions those starting the course had and did let us all know that this course was designed for those with limited experience in this field, which soothed my nerves. They also let us know that they (the student advisors) were there for any questions or concerns we may have had throughout the duration of the course, which was also very calming.
When the course started, your mentor set up weekly Skype chats and you have your first introductory call with them, where you discuss your previous background, what it is you hope to gain from completing the course and ultimately, get to know them.
When starting the course, you are presented with a library of knowledge for Excel with readthroughs and instructional videos ranging from basics to more advanced functions which becomes very helpful as the course moves on. It was also great that you can revisit these lessons, any time you get stuck.
As you move forward into the case studies, you are given all the information needed. Extra material is provided that will help you specifically for the case you are working on complete with mock scenarios. What is required of you in each case study, is laid out in a way that is easy to follow and removes any guessing on your part.
Although I was told to make sure your mentor is right for you and you feel comfortable working with them, mine was very helpful and knowledgable. **Do make sure you feel this way, if not, speak to your student advisor** They are there to help and guide you, not give you the answers and your weekly calls are key to being successful. They will review your progress and give you revisions to make if needed.
Each case study I completed, focused on a different scenario (Forecasting, Root Cause Analysis, and Customer Segmentation) and really help me see the data I work with on a daily basis in a new light and made me think to myself, "I could be doing better at this" and as I was moving along in the course, I felt that my work had changed also, so I was taking what I learned and applying it immediately.
FInal thoughts: It is a great course if you are looking to expand your knowledge in this particular field. The material is easy to follow and you stand to learn a lot from it.
- Digital Marketing Career Track- 8/19/2019Jefferson • Photographer • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online
I thought I'd wait awhile to review this course so I could let everything sink in and see how the post-school support was and job search. Let's start with the beginning though.
I did the 200 hour digital marketing career track program. I went into this program without any sort of degree in marketing to start and I realized it would make it harder to get a job and the site also says this.
-You can meet every week via skype and talk about school, your projects or whatever. Its a great asset.
-Can be very helpful getting your resume setup, linkedin, and interview prep.
I had to do several big end projects which were challenging. One was a business marketing proposal as my capstone project and the other was the Google Ad Grants $10k program. Both were good but the Google program was a bit frustrating as it matched me with a very difficult (if not impossible) to market company.
I'm going to put this in both categories and I'll explain why. In the positive section because the support from the school was great when it was great. I would frequently get e-mailed back very quickly from the school after I had questions. I'll explain more in the negative section later.
The Course Itself
Quite frankly I was hoping for more customized material for the price I was paying every month ($400). Instead it's nearly all (there are a couple of sprinboard made videos you can watch) curated material from across the internet. I could have gone and read all of the same material on my own without paying for it. Would I have? I'm not sure, there is something about paying for material regardless of it being free that made me more invested in reading it. So on that end it worked out for me, but if you are disciplined enough you could find everything on your own.
At one point after I was done with the program (you have 6 months of post-career support which is great) I tried to get in-touch with my coach for about a month with no luck. This didn't help as I had job applications and interviews going on. My support was fine during the program when I used it however.
For the first couple months it was very frustrating. I would have questions, but it would be a minimum of a day or longer before someone got back to me. Questions on a weekend, forget it, they are closed. On a holiday weekend, you are screwed for up to 3 days. That peeved me greatly as It held me back many, many times in completing things. At the end however, and post-school, they stepped up their game and would respond very quickly to my questions (even way after hours) which I appreciated. I just wish that was there at the beginning.
There were not a lot of fellow students in the marketing program so it was a bit frustrating trying to colloborate or even ask them questions (when I couldn't get a hold of support). I would try posting in the forums but the forums are pretty silent.
Getting a Job
I knew getting a job without a previous BA or AA would be hard. I'm still trying to get something, but it's a chore. I'm applying for the lowest of low marketing jobs and it's still difficult to even get a call back. I have gotten a few though. If you have a degree and are just taking this course to update your skills then you'll probably have a better chance.
Was it worth it? Only time will tell.
- UX Career Track- 8/18/2019Suchi Sundar • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
You can really tell how much work Springboard puts into developing their students- they made sure I was matched with a brilliant mentor, had on-demand mentor calls for extra support with plenty of availability, and they're even starting in-person meetups or recommending events/workshops to go to so it doesn't feel like a disconnected online experience.
It's totally worth the price and will give you the right skills and real insight to fuel your job search after completing the course. The coursework is not unmanageable if you're working full time and if it ever does get difficult, I've personally had a smooth experience reaching out to Springboard and working with them to find a plan and get things done.
- Data Science Career Track- 8/16/2019Ashish Sharma • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
- Logan Rudd • Machine Learning Engineer • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
The curriculum is well structured and the mentors are a great deal of support for the price. The only thing that I had trouble with was completing the program in the advertised amount of time. I think in total I averaged about 25-30 hours a week over the course of 7 months, but that could have been due to the complexity of my capstone projects. I definitely learned a ton in that time period though and they were very supportive the whole time!
- UX Design- 8/11/2019Jesse Nelson • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
Springboard was an excellent choice for a Ux bootcamp. Everything from the faculty, who were always so quick and prompt to answer any questions/ help out to the curriculum.
The information was presented in a really clear format and was easy to follow. The projects for each section were a great way for me to apply what I learned. It was amazing to have a mentor that I spoke with on a weekly basis. This was so valuable, as I was able to get feedback, insight into UX and help from a professional. I think Springboard is an excellent choice for a bootcamp and has a lot to offer.