software-guild-logo

Software Guild

Akron, Atlanta, Louisville, Minneapolis, Online

Software Guild

The Software Guild offers immersive full-time, 12-week or part-time, 10 to 14-month coding bootcamps in Louisville, KY, Minneapolis, MN, and online. Courses focus on .NET/C# and Java and do a deep dive into the language fundamentals, server side, data tier, user interface, and tools. Software Guild focuses on .NET/C# and Java because those stacks are stable, proven, and in highest demand in the enterprise. The Software Guild takes driven beginners, or more experienced students passionate about development, and prepares them to compete for jobs as professional developers.

Prospective applicants must fill out an application, complete an admissions interview, take an aptitude assessment, and complete Software Guild’s Introduction to Web Development. The Software Guild looks for applicants who are self-starters with high levels of motivation and tenacity who know when to ask for help, work well with others, keep positive attitudes in the face of adversity, love learning and problem-solving, and are excited to build cool new things.

Recent Software Guild Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (147) reviews for Software Guild →

Recent Software Guild News

Read all (47) articles about Software Guild →
  • Java

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Java
    LocationMinneapolis, Louisville, Atlanta
    Our 12-week Java coding bootcamp teaches you everything you need to know to enter junior developer roles in the workforce. We provide career preparation, portfolio development and help with your resume and the interview process. Learn from expert instructors with an average of over 10 years of industry experience in our classrooms in Louisville or Minneapolis. Experience immersive education and change your life by learning software development skills.
    Refund / GuaranteeRefund yes, Guarantee no
    ScholarshipThe Software Guild offers several different discounts, including for ‘Women in Tech’ and ‘Veterans Who Code ’
  • Java - Online

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Java
    Earn coding badges online and learn Java one skillset at a time with The Software Guild’s online Java badge program. The online badge program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Begin with the Level 1 Badge to learn programming basics in Java. After earning your first badge, you’ll have a new credential for your resume and LinkedIn profile. But don’t stop there - earn all four badges to develop full-stack skills that can launch your coding career. You can obtain all four badges in as fast as 10 months or take a brief break between badges. This flexible schedule helps you keep your job while you learn to code.
    Deposit$125 registration fee
    Tuition PlansPay-as-you-learn; tuition per badge
  • .NET/C#

HTML, C#, .NET, CSS
    LocationMinneapolis, Louisville, Atlanta
    Our 12-week .NET/C# coding bootcamp teaches you everything you need to know to enter junior developer roles in the workforce. We provide career preparation, portfolio development and help with your resume and the interview process. Learn from expert instructors with over 10 years of industry experience in our classrooms in Louisville or Minneapolis. Experience immersive education and change your life by learning software development skills.
    Refund / GuaranteeRefund yes, Guarantee no
    ScholarshipThe Software Guild offers several different discounts, including for ‘Women in Tech’ and ‘Veterans Who Code’
  • .NET/C# Online

HTML, C#, .NET, CSS
    Earn coding badges online and learn .NET/C# one skillset at a time with The Software Guild’s online .NET/C# badge program. The online badge program is ideal for those who want to learn the skills necessary for entry-level software development jobs, but who cannot commit to the immersive, full-time on-ground program. Begin with the Level 1 Badge to learn programming basics in .NET/C#. After earning your first badge, you’ll have a new credential for your resume and LinkedIn profile. But don’t stop there - earn all four badges to develop full-stack skills that can launch your coding career. You can obtain all four badges in as fast as 10 months or take a brief break between badges. This flexible schedule helps you keep your job while you learn to code.
    Tuition PlansPay-as-you-learn; tuition per badge
  • Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate

When someone tried to sell me on this idea that I could change my whole world in 12 weeks, I was quite skeptical. Long story short, this was the best career decision I ever made in my life. If I could go back, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

As for a little background, I had a lot of education before I showed up at the guild. The problem was that none of my previous degrees helped me land a job doing much more than performing menial tasks for more than $18,000 a year. Just for the record, these weren't degrees in underwater basket-weaving from Mom-and-Pop's Community College, either. Still, after spending so much money in student debt, I was skepitcal about throwing even more money at a vocational program. After a lot of consideration, I decided to bite the bullet and take a chance with the guild. By the 11th week, so many companies were making me offers that I couldn't keep up with all of them. In point of fact, my dream job back home as a front end developer couldn't afford me because I had so many better prospects doing full stack in another state. By week 11, I already secured a job paying more money then I ever thought I'd be making with full benefits, relocation, and education reimbursement. As I write this, I'm getting ready to move into the house I'm going to rent  -- located in the most affluent neighborhood anyone in my family has ever lived in.

What I would add is that I took the program very seriously, never missed a day, showed up around 6:30 every morning, I didn't really ever go out while I was there, and I'm not a stupid individual. That being said, I wasn't even the best developer in the class, but I worked very hard and managed to get a ton of job offers. If the goal is to get a tech job and you're willing to buckle down in one of the most difficult programs ever for 12 weeks, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. From my limited experience, the ones that didn't make it simply didn't put in the work or had some kind of attitude problem. At least when I was there, the standards to get into the program are so high that everybody who made it in is intelligent enough to succeed, so it really comes down to hard work.

I also kind of lucked out and got who I feel was the best instructor (Pat Toner), but I did keep in touch with all of the instructors to ask for help and stuff. Needless to say, I took advantage of pretty much every resource they gave me and it worked out fine for me.

Now that I think about it, as much as I'd like to complain about something so I don't sound like a group-think robot, there honestly isn't really much negative I can say about the program. They even screen everybody pretty well so there's seldom anyone on site with poor social skills (and that's saying quite a bit for a computer programming bootcamp). In fact, they even did personality assessments on your roommates to make the transition easier.

Just know if you're considering going that it's very hard and it takes a lot of discipline to suceed here. If you can pull it off, it really is what it's cracked up to be.

• Anonymous • Tier 3 Client Support Engineer • Graduate

The syllabus was impressive, covering a full stack of well-known technologies.

Coursework was largely group dependent. If your partner did not hold up their end of the assignment, your grade would suffer. The instructor was extremely poor in grading and giving feedback, even when requested. Not a single piece of code was graded for our second half of the cohort until a few days before the final was due.

The instructor did not complete the syllabus material, despite us having a few free days to do nothing towards the end of finals week. Even requested review sessions were not covered. When our concerns were voiced to the instructor, he became vindictive and left poor comments on our certificate.

If you are not willing to teach yourself most of the coursework, and cannot learn properly without feedback, I would not recommend this course to you.

• Anonymous • Software Developer • Graduate

The Software Guild was a way out of a job that didn't make me happy. In high school, I decided to go into my family business instead of pursuing my love at the time which was computers and software. I had turned 30 and started wishing that I had made a different decision. I didn't want to invest the time and money in a university masters program and decided to take a chance on one of these software bootcamps. I chose the Software Guild because it was close to home, had great reviews, and it seemed grounded in the practical reality of work/business rather than selling dreams. The reviews were right and I was very happy with the decision I made.

The course was 12 weeks of hard work. Some students got hit by this harder than others, but everyone persevered through and succeeded in the end. We learned through writing code, which is the best way to do it. I ended up getting a job as a developer in Cleveland at a software company and though I'm still 2 weeks from starting, I feel like the environment of the Guild was similar to what it will be at the job so I feel very prepared to walk into it. My job will be in a Python environment. Even though I don't know it, I feel very capable of learning all these new things because I proved to myself I could do it at the Guild.

No, this kind of success won't happen for everyone. I had code in my brain all along, I was just sitting in the wrong job. But if you think you might be in the same wrong track, that you have a brain that thinks logically, syntactically, quickly, and is open to constant change - I couldn't encourage you more to look here.

Software Guild Outcomes

Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 44 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.