skylab-coders-academy-logo

Skylab Coders Academy

Barcelona, Madrid

Skylab Coders Academy

Skylab Coders Academy in Barcelona, Spain, offers 12-week full-time full stack JavaScript web developer bootcamp taking students from novice to “world class beginners”. The program covers front end and back end technologies such as JavaScript, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Underscore, Backbone, AngularJS, ReactJS, NodeJS, and ExpressJS. The program also covers development methodologies like TDD, Scrum, Kanban, or Craftmanship.

Skylab Coders Academy helps students find jobs with professional development, interview training, negotiation training, and networking. The program culminates in a Demo Day where students demonstrate what they have learned to hiring partners, friends, and family.

Recent Skylab Coders Academy Reviews: Rating 4.99

all (72) reviews for Skylab Coders Academy →

Recent Skylab Coders Academy News

• Web Developer (Full time)

LocationBarcelona
      The 11-week full stack JavaScript program covers technologies such as JavaScript, HTML, CSS, jQuery, AngularJS, ReactJS, NodeJS, ExpressJS and MongoDB. Classes are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
      Deposit15% deposit after the Technical Interview.
      Caixa d'Enginyers: 4.000€ - 0% interest rate
      Prep WorkWe provide a pre-work set of exercices to prepare the technical interview.
    • Manuel • Graduate

Having no idea of programming previous to attending the bootcamp it was a really scary decision to make.

However in the end it payed off. The curriculum is very complete and the teachers are incredibly up to date on all the topics and constantly provide information and help on ever new subject.

It is not all theory thankfully since ever day you have to complete excercises or small projects so you can show yourself that you have in fact learned what you are shown.

Would highly recommend this bootcamp.

Response From: David Monreal of Skylab Coders Academy
      Title: Founder & Program Director
      Friday, May 05 2017
      Thanks for your review, Manu! :-)

After talking to you, we will share what improvements we've done since you attended Skylab Coders.

Our first courses were 9 weeks long, but student's feedback (yours included) pointed to the fact some more space would be necessary for certain subjects. In 2017 we addressed that issue and increased the duration of the full-stack web development to 10 weeks. We now have more time to go deeper mainly into back-end fundamentals.

The industry has been hiring all our students since the very beginning, but we are continuously looking for ways to be a better Bootcamp and make our students better. Both the students and the companies hiring them are our main sources of improvements. We have a 94% placement ratio, but we need to make ALL our students to find a job as web developers!
    • La mejor decisión
      - 4/25/2017
      Angel • Graduate

Una formación fabulosa de la mano de un equipo estupendo. Saben enseñar y a pesar de que la materia es intensa se hace fluida por el cómo se imparte y explica. Tuve la suerte de ser de la primera promoción y es la mejor decisión que pude tomar para tomar un curso de estas características.

• Núria • Full-stack developer • Graduate

I had been working on the industry for a few years, mainly as a UI/UX designer and doing the markup for my designs (HTML and CSS). I felt my career growth was kind of stagnated and I was getting more and more curious about "real" programming. I stsrted doing all kinds of stuff with jQuery but I felt that I needed some solid knowledge, but I didn't feel like getting into a 2-3 years degree again, so that's when I discovered the bootcamp concept.

Skylab was the first I came across with, and even though I looked into a few other options, I was sure that Skylab was the best choice. The price is reasonable, people are awesome (teachers and fellow students as well) and I wanted a full javascript based curriculum. I was part of the first class Skylab organized, and it didn't let down at all. It feels like a tiny family and they look after you, if you are doing well, if you feel overwhelmed… they never leave a student behind.

Since I already had some experience in the field, there were a few days when I felt I was not learning as much (mainly the days focused on git, html and css), but that will be different depending on your background.

You finish the bootcamp more than ready to get a job as a developer. I started working roughly a month after as a fullstack developer, and I keep getting contacted for job opportunities very often.

If you are decided on becoming a developer, Skylab is probably one of the best choices you'll find.

• Stívali Serna • Graduate

For almost a year, I tried to learn the basics of Web Development by myself (and with some help of great friends and awesome online resources), and I learned quite a lot about HTML, CSS and a little about JS; however, somehow, I got lost on the way, wich is pretty common as I can see, so I decided to do a bootcamp to get out of the dark side.

After reviewing a few ones in the city, I contacted the Skylab Coders Academy's team only for a reason, the program, a Full Stack JavaScript one. And now that I just finished the bootcamp (three days ago), I could not be more satisfied with my decision, the content hit the nail on the head and the mentors are great, you will get to work with people as passionate as you and the best of all are the results, you can see mines at my GitHub account, I crafted a web-based e-commerce app as my final project, using techonlogies like AngularJS, Koa2 and Mongoose, it took me a lot of hard work, but it was really fun too.

So, do I recommend the bootcamp? Of course I do. :)

• Iggy • Develooper • Graduate

It has been an amazing and very intense experience. I checked all the bootcamps in Barcelona, and I have no doubt that Skylab has been the right choice. Very happy and proud to be a Skylab Coder alumni. And I was contracted as a developer before the bootcamp's end.

During Javascript Full Stack Development Bootcamp 10 weeks you will go through:
      Front-End: HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, Bootstrap,AngularJS, jQuery, SASS
      Back-End: APIs, AJAX, Node.js, Express, Mongoose, MongoDB, ES6
      Other: SVC (Git), TDD (Jasmine), Agile(Trello) , Mid-Term Group Project, Final Project

Twitter @IggyCodes

Blog http://iggy.codes/

• The right decision
      - 3/26/2017
      Ezequiel Gómez • MEAN Stack Developer • Student

I was wondering how I'm going to be a true programmer ... First I was looking for a Master Degree ... there are no good options in Barcelona. Then I read about the bootcamp concept ... and only with ten google's searchs and four phone calls ... I decide to get into what I thought was the best option in Barcelona ... And I was right...

Great entrepreneur, great teachers, great place (5 minutes from Plaça Catalunya, the main place in Barcelona), great content (pure Javascript, no Ruby, no PHP, no Java, no Python... just one language to domain everything) and great "MEAN Companions".

Please, feel free to contact if you have any question.

PD: Before finish the bootcamp...  I had two job interviews (We finish 2 days ago...)

• Carles Far Pierres • Graduate

Es una experiencia que dificilmente con palabras se puede explicar si no lo vives con tu propia carne.
      Primero empieza a ser tu sueño hecho realiad, reunirte con un grupo de personas desconocidas que piensan y sienten la misma pasión que tú por vivir 10 semanas intensivas por aprender a ser un buen programador, y delante tener 2 profesores que van a repartir leña.
      Empieza la estampida de información y el gustazo por recivirla. Luego te invaden dudas, de "¿qué estoy haciendo aquí?" , vas cogiendo cada vez más confianza con los compañeros, y a medida que pasan las semanas,  simplemente se va creando una familia, y te das cuenta que han tenido las mismas dudas y preguntas que tú!, eso refuerza más i se crea una piña.
      Al final abordas tanto conocimiento, que ni tu mismo te das cuenta de lo que sabes hacer, hasta que te pones mano a la obra con el proyecto final, y con la ayuda  de los profesores, y de los compañeros, es alucinante lo que al final eres capaz de hacer, y no sólo eso, sino que un dia picaste a la puerta skylabcoders, te acogieron, te criaron, y ahora sólo queda volar! Una de las experiencias más bonitas de mi vida, Muchas gracias a todo el equipo y compañeros!

I'm currently doing the bootcamp (09/02/2017) and it's surpassing my initial expectations. Teachers are concerned that we understand what we do and why we do it. The human factor is as important as the technical part and this helps us to learn day by day in a hard bootcamp. Never I had develope software in any web technology until now, but in just four weeks in the bootcamp I'm already able to do a complete project, operational and professional front-end. Amazing!!

• Hazlo!
      - 10/1/2018
      Núria Coma • Full stack developer • Student

Soy arquitecta y viendo como esta la arquitectura por la crisis decidí cambiar de profesión. Encontré el bootcamp de Skylab coders y me lancé a la piscina! Y ahora estoy muy contenta por arriesgarme ya que trabajo en una buena empresa de programación. Recomiendo el curso al 100%, es duro, no lo negaré pero vale la pena. La gente que conoces, los professores, ... acaba siendo una familia. Así que no te lo pienses más y apuntate!

• Hazlo!
      - 10/1/2018
      Núria Coma • Full stack developer • Student

• Amazing Bootcamp!
      - 9/23/2018
      Maider Hernandorena • FrontEnd Developer - React Native • Student
      Not only what i have learnt, also the friends i met during the bootcamp. I had no experience programming and due to SkyLab Coders Academy, now I am a Developer, and i finally found my passion and vocation! I am working now, a week after presenting the final proyect, so I can't explain how i feel. Thank you!
    • Alberto DB • Frontend Developer • Graduate

Gracias a Skylab no solo he encontrado trabajo, sino que he podido elegir qué oferta me gustaba más.

En Skylab aprendes las tecnologías más demandadas del mercado, a generar código limpio, a ser un buen compañero/amigo, a encontrarte a ti mismo, a ser un DESARROLLADOR WEB.

Gracias por todo! :-)

Skylab Coders Academy Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at Skylab Coders Academy, 95% graduated. 100% of graduates were job-seeking and 95% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $25,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 19 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
    Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance