skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (340) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

I'm currently enrolled in the Web Development Blueprint, and can't say enough good things about this curriculum. The syllabus provides detailed info on what is expected daily for the coursework, and even with a full time job, I am able to complete my daily assignments. Skillcrush provide shelpful handouts to review as well as resources to research on your own time. Teachers are available for questions throughtout the program, and always accessible. I had prior knowledge of HTML & CSS coding, which has been helpful for me in this class; however I feel you could excel with this class with no prior knowledge. I have already applied what I have learned to projects in my current job, and feel much more confident in my coding abiities. Skillcrush reps have sent us mulitple ways to get jobs in the industry as well.

• Mary S. • Student

Skillcrush came about at a time in my life that couldn't have been more perfect. For a number of reasons, I spend a major portion of days at home and having the convenience of this course being online is just perfect. The course material is not too easy and not too hard. That being said, it is challenging and will take time and effort to master. Once mastered, however, you will feel unstoppable. I feel competent and capable, and it's all thanks to Skillcrush. It's also great that instructors respond quite quickly to comments, questions & concerns. I am very much a fan of Skillcrush as a whole and would recommend to anyone interested in getting started in tech.

• Loriana Alvarez • Student

I have tried to understand html and css for while and I believe I´m finally getting it!. Classes are fun and you really feel encouraged to keep on doing it. I also have to say that I´m a native spanish speaker taking the course from Spain and I´ve been able to follow it without problem.

Love it so far!

• Impressive
    - 5/30/2018
    S CROW • Student

All credit to the course founder for putting this together. I am a 40 year old with two young kids so NOT a fast learner. I hate reading instructions because they require concentration and I get overwhelmed. To say that I was apprehensive before taking on the course would be an understatement. I am still at foundation stage, so still a long way to go, but I’ll try to relay how it works for those considering the course.

Break into Tech is broken into learning blocks, which in turn are broken into short learning sessions so you can decide on the pace yourself. If you are capable you can cover a couple of blocks at one time, if not so much, maybe just a couple of learning sessions. Those blocks also offer practical exercises to apply freshly learned skills. Mind you, by the time I got to building my website, I forgot it all and had to go back several times, which again was very easy to do. Still stuck I had to get in touch with instructors. They reply quickly and are very patient. I met two of them via Zoom and they are great, very helpful and not at all pretentious.

You will have to buy some software but everything is very transparent and you will be told in advance as to how much you are likely to spend.

All credit to Adda. I can tell she has put in a great amount of effort and thought  into this and this course is quite an achievement.

• JadeK • Student
    I have looked at and tried a few different online coding courses but non were as involved with their students as Skillcrush as well as giving you course activities that helped you practice a bit more what you learning at the same time too as for me practicing it helps alot compared to just taking notes or listening to a video .. i would definately recommend it to anyone wanting to give it a try too. Also get amazing help and feedback from the instructors too which helps alot as well
  • Jen • Student

I am so impressed with my experience with Skillcrush so far! The classes are so well-organized and straightforward, not to mention, FUN! I truly have had so much fun learning all of these new things and I look forward to logging in every time! The instructors have been so encouraging, too. I really appreciate their helpfulness, specifically the fact that they don't straight-up give you the answer every time, but they challenge you and guide you to figure it out for yourself - this is where the learning really happens, at least for me! Thank you Skillcrush!

• Laura • Student

I've found Skillcrush to be a really enjoyable way to learn. I've done other online coding courses with different companies, and this is my favorite so far. The courses are split into bite size chunks, so you don't feel overwhelemed. The lessons are in layman's terms - there isn't loads of jargon. There always seems to be somebody available on the support team, and they really know what they are doing, and don't seem to mind all the 'stupid' questions I ask! And the cheatsheats are brilliant - no need to take endless notes.

• Awesomesauce!!!
    - 5/10/2018
    Sharon Elsberry • Developer • Student

I've been through many, many, many educational platforms. From a traditional college setting (majoring in Computer Science), to Woz U... ugh, SkillCrush is by far the most complete and easy to understand course I've ever taken, ever. Did I mention I've been doing this since 1999??? I find myself continuously trying to further my education and advancing technologies. SkillCrush is the ONLY program I would recommend to anyone. And it's affordable! And fun! Honestly, I just can't say enough.

• Michelle • Student

This course has exceeded my expectations.  I had created a couple of wordpress sites on my own, but the end result didn't look very professional.  So I looked into free information and took some inexpensive courses.  I learned some, but when I got stuck, I was stuck.  SkillCrush is awesome because the design of the courses is very well thought out to get you from ground zero to web developer easily. Not only are the courses very high quality, but there are instructors that give you feedback very quickly, the students can also give each other feedback, and there are video conferences for specific feedback and more general discussion.  These video conferences give you the chance to meet and interact with the instructors and the other students.  No other courses I have taken come close to the quality of SkillCrush.  I highly recommend you sign up, now!  Go do it!

• Debbie D • Student

I'm really enjoying the way this program is structured, the way the information is provided, and the support I receive from skillcrush and other learners.

I'm in my mid-50s and have been in Tech related jobs since the 80s. However, skills such as HTML/CSS, JavaScript, were skills I never learned on the job. So, I'm taking a temporary retirement to learn these skills. Skillcrush courses are very achievable, and when I struggle, I have a great support network in the Slack group for my course.

• Karyn • Web Developer/Designer • Student

I've been freelancing as a web developer and designer for the past two years trying to make do with free and cheap courses. I'd learned a lot, but unfortunately most of the coding classes I was taking tended to follow a "if you want it to look like this, then do this" type of logic that ended up in me having to memorize lists upon lists of properties and not understanding the relationship between them.

Then along came Skillcrush. I enrolled in their 10-day bootcamp and already I was better understanding the principles behind HTML and CSS than in my two years previous. I saved up and jumped into their Break Into Tech Blueprint, and it's been a great experience. The TAs are really invested and the other students are incredibly supportive and encouraging. I'm so grateful to be in this program.

• Hillary

Skillcrush is the best! The course material is comprehensive. I know I'm not being left with large gaps in my knowledge. I love that all the videos have a transcript attached which makes note writing a lot easier.

I have taken other online coding courses where I was often left confused and with no one to turn to. With Skillcrush I know exactly where to go when I need help, and I get an (actually helpful) answer within minutes. Also the instructors are so nice!

• Tamara • Student

I've managed to make it through the full set of modules in the HTML & CSS coding coursework and just need to get a domain name now.  It's impressive as I had no previous knowledge of coding and it seemed to be a big mystery to me to start with.  But, I highly rate the teaching style and engagement - learning always works when it is fun and you want to learn more and more and practice and practice...I'm managing the Break Into Tech Blueprint course whislt also doing an advanced excel course (figured I'd do the lot in one fell swoop) and moving across the Atlantic from the UK to Oregon, and working full time.  I'm saying all this to stress that this course is doable and flexible and fun.  I wish I had more time to totally dive in, but what I am gaining in knowledge and achieving in progress is brilliant.  The course allows you to think for yourself, encourages you to find your own answers for puzzling elements, yet the teaching crew and community are there to help you along and offer complete support.  I could go on and on... the sum of it is that I would recommend this course to anyone and everyone and I do!