skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding & design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the self-paced Break Into Tech + Job Guarantee program, which prepares students for entry-level positions in front end development and design. Skillcrush is on a mission to empower career changers — with a special focus on women and BIPOC — with the technical skills they need to transition into higher-earning, more fulfilling and flexible careers in tech.

Students who enroll in the Break Into Tech program will have access to both the Front End Developer and Designer career tracks. The curriculum covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, Github, visual design fundamentals, and more. Once students complete the technical skill building portion of the Break Into Tech (about 16-20 weeks), they receive 180 days of hands-on job search support including 1-on-1 and group coaching, and the opportunity to interview with Skillcrush employer partners.

Skillcrush is an open enrollment school, so no application is necessary. Skillcrush has trained over 20,000 students, and has an over 90% success rate of placing students in qualified jobs with an average time to get hired of 8-10 weeks.

Skillcrush offers tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. Skillcrush encourages students to email hello@skillcrush.com to discuss payment options.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (412) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • (1) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Front End Developer Track

Our Front End Developer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero coding knowledge to being a job ready front end developer with skills in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, and React with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee: Full refund if you have not received a "qualified" job offer within 180 days of starting your job search. Satisfaction (No Regrets!) Guarantee: If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 14 days, we will refund your money.
    ScholarshipWe offer tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. If any of these describe you, we encourage you to email hello@skillcrush.com to ask if you qualify.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • (2) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Designer Track

HTML, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Our Designer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero design knowledge to being a job ready designer with skills in web and visual design fundamentals, branding and identity design, and HTML and CSS with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for career changes with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • Unemployed
    - 3/21/2021
    Doina • Student
    The Skillcrush course is simply awesome! Such a supportive team of instructors who are always there to help and support!
    Lessons are well explained, simple to understand, and practice!
    Love it!

• Eliza • Student
    I am 25 years old and was looking for a career that would allow me to be creative and also support myself, but escaping the traditional 9-to-5. When I found Skillcrush, their 5-minute test to see if a career in tech might be a good fit for me really opened my eyes that tech might be where the kind of career I was looking for resided. My father works in tech as a computer systems engineer but I had always thought I was too right-brained, as I'm a musician and artist. But after taking the test and sampling their course through the coding bootcamp (which was so fun!) I saw that a viable creative career in tech could be really possible. They offer payment plans and discounts so it was affordable, and now three weeks into the Break Into Tech course I am growing a solid understanding of HTML/CSS and have coded two websites already! The course is well-structured and in-depth and I'm so very pleased and happy to be a part of the community and continue on this new journey. I highly recommend it and suggest you give their coding bootcamp a try! Go Skillcrush!
  • Marcus • Consultant • Student
    I toyed with a few different courses before signing up the skillcrush, all of which were clunky and difficult to follow. As a total beginner and new to code, skillcrush was the obvious choice. Really welcoming, extremely user friendly, and empowering at every step. I learned more in a week than I ever imagined and had built my first website within the first month. I’m still just taking it day by day but I can safely say this is the best experience I’ve ever had from an independent training provider. The best part is it’s super Affordable, and I pay a fair price each month. Highly recommend!
  • Break Into Tech
    - 2/15/2021
    Paige • Student
    I have really enjoyed this program. It has given me an opportunity to explore many areas of Tech in order to find which area I would like to concentrate in.  The tutorials are done in a micro format that I appreciate, it is like learning from a coworker!  I would recommend this program to anyone considering a transition into the tech industry!
  • Tina Earl • Student
    SkillCrush is absolutely fabulous! The course is not only easy to walk through and built with beginners like myself in mind but the instructors are also easy to get ahold of, incredibly helpful and very encouraging!  Love the school, and all they do so much I have already recommended it to two friends.
  • Web Developer
    - 2/1/2021
    Kaitlyn Marino • Previous: Graphic Designer • Student
    I attended Skillcrush and just completed the HTML and CSS course. I had a great experience overall and would highly recommend this program to anyone looking to jump in. I loved the setup of the courses online and how you could take it at your own pace. This allows you to really take the time you need to master a subject but also breeze over the ones that you may have already mastered. Everything was explained in detail which was very helpful because they say the right way to do it (but you know with coding there are multiple correct ways) so it also showed the wrong way that would not be clean code. This was useful because job employers are going to look at the details of your code and ensure you know what best practices are and that they are in place. My only advice to Skillcrush would be to lay off some of the cheesy jokes. I would be in a very focused mind-state walking through the lessons and then a cheesy joke would come on and loose my focus and concentration. Other than that a great program that walks through everything you will need to know to get hired after completing their courses. In addition to the lessons, the teachers are wonderful. They review your submitted projects promptly and answer any questions you may have in detail. This was so great because I would get a response while the issue was still in my head so it made moving on to the next lesson very easy. Great program and I cannot wait to finish the other courses!
  • 30s-Career changer
    - 1/21/2021
    Rachael • career changer (healthcare>tech) • Student
    I enrolled in the Break Into Tech package on Cyber Monday which included courses from the entire site. As a career changer from healthcare and soon to be tech, I cannot speak highly enough of the cost of value to skills learned/services provided. Thus far I have completed the Web Design course, UX Research course, and am working on the UX Information Architecture course with a goal of becoming a user experience researcher in a few months. The skills are introduced in bite-sized amounts, the instructors provide thorough and timely feedback, the career transition and support services that I have used so far appear to be robust. I feel supported and coached throughout this journey.
  • Break Into Tech
    - 1/12/2021
    Keegan Dayle • Student
    I've just finished the first course within the Break Into Tech, Front End Developer fast track and already I've learned so much. Great, easy to digest modules that allow you to learn both visually and kinetically via videos, text, and trial challenges. So excited to continue the course and see all the doors this course opens for me.
  • HTML / CSS course
    - 1/12/2021
    Sean Brown • Graphic Artist / Manager • Student
    I loved this course.  A lot of useful information was presented.  I loved learning how to take the information in a photoshop document, and apply it to an html website from scratch!  I also learned a lot of great functions to use in my code and I had a guiding hand the whole way.  I loved being able to email the instructors and get feedback in less than 24 hrs.  And they wouldn't just give me the answer, they would explain what area I should look closer in my code, and had me fix my own mistakes.  I highly recommend this course for anyone looking to get a start toward front end development.
  • Denise • Student
    I'm a few weeks into my Skillcrush experience and I'm LOVING it so far. I've come so much farther in the last few weeks than I would have thought possible and I give the Skillcrush structure, curriculum, and the projects we are working on a lot of the credit for that. I love problem-solving, which is probably why I've fallen head over heels for coding, and the curriculum gives you a lot of information as well as a lot of practical exercises that allow you to really think through and apply what you've learned.

I haven't been to a live boot camp but I can say that as a (MUCH) lower-cost alternative, so I'm very pleased. I've taken advantage of my first career counseling and have a once-monthly meeting set in my calendar to ensure that I'm using all of the resources available to me to reach my end goal of getting my dream tech job.

The Teachers Assistants seem to be knowledgeable, super friendly, and helpful, and they, as well as the Skillcrusher community on Slack, are awesome! I don't have to feel like I'm in a silo doing this alone.

I have found that I enjoy supplementing Skillcrush classes with other courses that I'd previously purchased on Udemy but it's not required. I just like different teaching styles and am looking to be extremely well rounded (and therefore highly marketable) as a developer. So far, I'm feeling GREAT about my choice.
  • Great Community
    - 1/11/2021
    Susan • Student
    I am working my way through the break into tech blueprint. I like the structure of the courses so far. They are broken down into bitesized chunks so I feel like I can learn the material without getting overwhelmed. I don't have a background in tech so I need a solid foundation and I think this provides that. I would say this is great for beginners and career changers (me), which seems to be their target.

My favorite aspect so far has been the community and access to instructors. I have emailed many times for help when I get stuck on project and I have always gotten timely and helpful responses. The slack community has also been an amazing resource for technical help, suggestions, moral support etc.

I haven't used too much of the job assistance aspect yet, but they have two entire sections devoted to that (one for freelancers and one for people looking for jobs at companies) as well as career counseling sessions both individual and group.

It's also great if you aren't sure about your career path and want to try it out rather than some of the pricier bootcamps that require you to go at a rigid set pace. I researched and talked to a lot of bootcamps and schools before deciding what was the right fit for me. Overall I would say Skillcrush takes something that can seem intimidating and make it fun and easy to learn at whatever pace you want to go at.
  • Lorraine Wyndham • Student
    I already have good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS, but I was lacking some career direction and help with regards to building a portfolio.  I stumbled across Skillcrush, and was impressed with all of the additional assistance they provide students.  For that reason, I signed up for the Break into Tech course, and they have not disappointed.  The career counselling and additional help they provide is extremely helpful and very valuable to me.  The courses are also very good, and they explain everything simply and in great detail.