skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.81

all (369) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Jessenia Lorenzo • Student
    I started the last week of December. I'm weary of working in healthcare, so much I plan to do the most that I can to finish my classes to get a job in design. I love it. Not because I want out of healthcare, but because it's attractive, the learning platform, the community of help from the teachers, from everybody. They're all so nice, and you can tell Skillcrush is not only wonderful for students, but employees. I got help throughout the holidays! I was stuck, for what a realize the puniest reasons, in html and css, yet everyone helped me. I felt like giving up at one point. They told me, no! I could do it, and encouraged me so much. They are family vibes. They feel like family. When I go on there to study, every time I watch those videos, I feel happy, I understand, I have NO questions. I love forward, I keep going. Their courses are AMAZING. I have nothing negative to say about them. I'm in awe with the curriculum, their "cheatsheets", everything. I can't wait to learning everything. I stayed development, but I felt design would be the faster way to finish, plus I actually love it more for now. However, my intention is to do every. Single. One. Of. The. Classes. Yes, they also gave me the discount. Would it not have been for that, I wouldn't have been able to do it foraa month of two more. These times are crucial to take advantage and do a lot with your life. I was able to grab ONE paycheck, and invest in this opportunity. I bought break thru package and the add-on classes that included python, and like 5 more. Listen, this school, is amazing. I am ecstatic that I found it. Phew! Okay, I'm done. Good luck everyone!!!!
  • Kerie • Student
    I stumbled upon Skillcrush by accident and decided to complete their coding camp as I'd always been curious about coding.  It was so well informed and a lot of fun I decided to take the chance and enroll in their Break into Tech.  I've already completed the visual design modules and now am starting with HTML.  Everything is spelled out so incredibly well that anyone can do the course and everyone will succeed.  So much support and incredibly helpful feedback.
  • Jasmine • Student
    I found Skillcrush online on a whim! I am so HAPPY that I did. Skill Crush has given me confidence to tackle a whole new career in Tech!!. The whole Skillcrush community is amazing. The TA's are always there to assist with guidance and tips. The Curriculum is fun and engaging. I highly recommend this course, if you want to get your feet wet into Tech!!
  • James • Graduate
    I joined Skillcrush in 2018 on the promise that with the online courses I would be able to get a job in Tech. I spent $1,500 and... The soft skills taught in this program are NOT employable skills if you want a ‘good job’.  I did learn how to build a website and some coding..BUT, this did NOT open any doors. I am now back to University as a Computer Science Major and am now learning ‘real skills’ that ARE employable.  Don’t be fooled by the hype.  Skillcrush is not worth it!
  • Unfairly Executed • Student

If you are a man and you want to learn coding I promise you there are other places you could go that are much better than this joke of a coding school. They claim they are a coding school with a heart but that is all a bunch of {redacted}.  They banned me for life for a misunderstanding without even trying to understand my culture or me as a person, They branded me and then banned me. Even after I apologized. The crazed feminist culture in that company is stifling. If you do decide to join skillcrush and you are a man keep your head completely down and know that if you make the female overlords unhappy they will destroy you under the false pretense of doing it "for the best" The courses were ok but if you ask me not worth the money at all you could certainly get the same information online on Udemy or Udacity or other great sites like Treehouse or Pluralsight. Yes, you get feedback from teachers via email or via slack but that again is a dangerous thing if you are a man, This company is terrible and with directors like {name redacted} and {name redacted} you would do better finding a much better- more positive company. The company lies, they are not a coding school with a heart, they are just a coding school with a heart for women only.

• Tannie Duong • Visual Designer • Student

I went into this course closing my eyes and falling through. They seemed genuine and honest in their first marketing pitch I saw back in the end of 2017, and beginning of 2018. I remember there was quite a bit promised; if there was one thing that the marketing did, it promised a slew of tech pathway courses that would help you become a "full stack developer," but I think the Break Into Tech Blueprint Course that was offered is geared a lot more towards front-end development. I didn't quite understand the terms very well when I first started, but have since decided on a particular pathway now that I'm near completion.

My experience with this online schooling program has been very positive. In hindsight, you really get a whole lot for less than $2000 grand; I went to 6 year private art university and haven't felt nearly as prepared to find work as this course. That said, my learning was a supplement for my current degree, in which I want to evolve it into another career pathway. Without what I learned in my previous school, everything would have been much more time consuming.

What I can say is that online schooling is very different from a hands-on classroom -- there are instructors ready to help you with any questions you may have, but sometimes, its hard to just learn on your own. Some people thrive, this way, and some others do not. If you have trouble through the silent moments when you have no one to talk to, any online schooling program is not for you. Despite not having a real time instructor, this forced me on many occasions to problem-solve solutions for myself; which is actually a valuable skill to have in any job application, and probably a big part of being in any kind of tech development job. To sum this up, it's incredibly frustrating to feel alone while you're learning this way (and you're not always alone, there's a slack community of students, alums, and teachers), but actually, the reward is well-worth the madness sometimes.

For my time spent on this course, I learned a great deal about HTML/CSS core principles, basic Javascript to get me through the door, and a better graphic/visual design arsenal geared towards web design/development. Well, worth the time and money I put in.

Highly recommended.

• Steven • Student

This is my first time taking an online course of any kind and the thought was pretty daunting. However, all the videos, resources and immediate feedback from questions has been incredible so far. It's been fairly easy to learn with the bite sized chunks they give you. And what's great is if you take a break and come back, it's very easy to give yourself a quick refresher since the videos are only about 5mins long. While I'm still in the first phase, I think this course is incredibly worth it. The only downside is the extra software you will have to purchase in order to complete the assignments. But, I think it's better than doing a course at a university in my opinion. Looking forward to learning more about coding and overall web development along with an eventual specialized interest in in UX design.

• Jo Hartenberger • Student

I’ve been a graphic designer for years, but only began to consider the coding side of things because of three priorities:  1) I want to be challenged to learn more and grow in my career(there’s a limit to print design, and it has only a few dimensions!), 2) work from home with my daughter, 3) and make better freaking money!!

I should have done this ages ago and tried other courses like Lynda.com, YouTube tutorials, websites with information... But look guys - there’s a shit ton of info on how to hack sites and create websites, how am I supposed to know what I don’t know and find what I need in what is actually overwhelming not for the technicalities, but because a lot of guys actually veil the knowledge to make it less approachable. Plus, retaining a new language takes practice, projects, quizzing, reiteration, and a whole heck of encouragement when you get stuck!

ENTER SKILLCRUSH. Imagine a course with experts there to guide you to the next thing you need to do, give you the RIGHT way to do things, and then, they go and make it FUN AND BEAUTIFUL!!! Is this too good to be true? Googling things is cool and all, but I personally lose so much steam when I have to sort thru crappy sites and poor information that may not even be right, but how do you know? And I need to get there FASTER! My sweet kiddo is changing every day and I’m missing out big time on all of the fun moments that happen when I’m not there. Efficient, beautiful, fun, and just dern approachable, skillcrush is totally flippin’ awesome. Oh! And guys! They have a whole team or amazing, upbeat, go-getting coaches who are there to help down to the freaking interview process?!?!?!

Im so thankful Adda got fired from her job so that she created this amazing empire of women coders - it’s a cool story you all should check out:) SHE’S a Phoenix!!!

• Ashren • Student
    I've been trying to teach myself coding, but it's a lot harder than I was expecting. I considered attending a bootcamp, but just couldn't afford $15,000 for it. Skillcrush has been amazing with support, feedback, an online community, and the content is great! I love the video explanations, reading for a refresher, then you do some exercises leading up to your project. I've only been enrolled for about a week or so and I really feel like this has been a great investment for myself already! I can't wait to see what else is in store for me!
  • Jana J. • Student

I've been studying Break Into Tech course for about a month. What a thrill! The lessons are very well structured and explained. As a student who previously tried some other tech teaching platforms online I can say that Skillcrush team explains things and makes you understand concepts much better - there was few subjects that just I couldn’t understand completely and just moved on without understanding them. The instructors are very helpful and very dedicated to help students to solve their problems or explain things!

Now Skillcrush has made everything clear and I’m already feeling much more confident about my basic skills than before. And I cannot wait each day to study more and get to learn new things to become full time developer.

Keep it up, dear Skillcrush team! You make studying so exciting and showing how tech life could actually look like. Thank you! :) J.
  • Gina C.

The Break into Tech blueprint is such an amazing program! I am learning so much that I am already applying to real world situations with my current job. I would (and have!) recommended this program to anyone looking to break into the tech industry!

• Skillcrush
    - 9/3/2019
    Eric • Student

I got the break into tech package and it has been nothing short of great so far!  It has a great pace, good community that is quick to help. I recommend it to anyone that has a interest in tech.