skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (340) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Riin Gill • Student

I'm nearly finished with Skillcrush's html/css class, and I'm really enjoying it! I taught myself quite a bit of html years ago (I copied and pasted source code and tweaked things bit by bit to see what changed), but a lot has changed since then, and it's been good to fill in the gaps and learn why things work the way they do. It's sort of like taking an English class when you already speak English.

I love being able to work at my own pace. Some days I can spent four hours on it, some days half an hour. It's all good. It's all progress.

Adda explains everything really clearly. Having had instructors in the past who didn't, I really appreciate clear explanations, examples, and analogies to help make sense of things.

All of the instructors answer questions quickly, and everyone is super helpful.

I love Skillcrush!

• Edgar Marquez

I''ve been here for almost two weeks and feeling confident to build a website already. I must addmit having a background on html/css helped me quite a lot. The studies are provided in small sections therefore content is easy to absorb whether you have a background on coiding or not. Moreover, I have a career counselor who is there when i need help.

There is a community group to share your knwoledge/questiions. Feedback comes from the instructors and my peers.

I feel more confident about my skills everyday. I know I willl be prepared to work in the field of FrontEnd Web Development probably before I'm done with this course.

Skillcrush is highly recommended if you wish to break into Front/Back End Developement.

• Just the ticket
    - 2/28/2019
    Nan Mc • Student

I am actually a self-taught WP site implementer, and I am so, so glad I found Skillcrush. I was looking for a place to fill in all the blanks, and Skillcrush is it. I had no idea how to code a site from scratch, but after HTML&CSS I believe I can finally get a handle on it! Looking forward to responsive, yeah!

Skillcrush is so inspiring, from the course organization to the expert women who 'have your back' when you need clarification on the simplest concept, to the feminists and super women they cite, past and present. It's what you need when you're feel you're facing an insurmountable challenge.

Congratulations and many thanks to all of you at Skillcrush, keep up the good, valuable work. We will too!

• Carolyn • Student

I'm enjoying my experience with Skillcrush.  This is the third time I've tried to learn to code and I'm a fairly new student but am proud to have already created two projects and am working on my third (the farthest I've progressed in the same amount of time learning to code compared to other courses I've tried).

The Skillcrush lessons are fun, short, and brilliantly structured, which makes learning them easy and retaining the info -- or going back to refresh when you need to -- easy also.  The instructors and community of learners are very supportive and encouraging.  It's easy to get help when you need it and I've noticed some of the more advanced students chime in and help others also.  There is also a tracker at the top of your portal which shows your progress, and I find it motivating to know at all times how far I've progressed in the classes.

I would recommend Skillcrush to any aspiring coder.  I'm looking forward to building my knowledge and skills as I continue through the lessons.

• Laura • Teacher/Learning Materials Developer • Student

Overall, I am happy that I chose to start learning coding basics with Skillcrush. I've created learning materials for many years, and I've got to say that the Skillcrush folks have done a really good job at taking complex, intimidating topics and breaking them down into easy to learn lessons. When I started, I really had no idea what CSS even was, and now I can look at some code and understand what's going on. They've got a friendly, understanding, empathetic approach which, for me, makes a big difference.

The instructors are always available. If you get stuck on a project, they don't necessarily give you the answer straight away, they give you hints on where to find your errors and self-correct - which goes a very long way in helping you learn. There are loads of resources available for students and practical suggestions and projects that help you create real-live, working websites.

• Megan Villanueva • Dog walker • Applicant

If you're completely new to learning any type of code this class is a great start! I just completed the HTML and CSS course. I felt the course progressed really well in terms of building my confidence in the beginning with support tools and resources and then getting progressively challenging. The videos in the course reinforce the text that follow each lesson. The quizzes are great at ensuring that the high level information of the chapter sticks. Overall I would recommend it to any of my friends interesting in learning front end development.

• Dr. Natalie Chang • Professional Violinist • Student

I highly recommend Skillcrush to anyone who is willing to challenge themselves to learn some invaluable skills that will undoubtedly continue to positively affect their life. I was completely new to the Break into Tech program (my background is in Violin Performance). Skillcrush made what seemed daunting and intimidating into an organized, instructive, community-based, and achievable possibility. I am now heavily invested in this new adventure in my life and largely looking forward to the career changes that will allow my life to prosper within the near future.

• Very Impressed
    - 12/20/2018
    Julian Burns

I have been on Skillcrush for a month or so now and am quite impressed with quality of the courses. Their clear and consistent content is worth it and I found their instructors friendly and approachable. Look forward to continuing my coding journey with Skillcrush.

• Reggie • Student

I stumbled upon Skillcrush wanting to add more to my resume and possibly change careers. The experience has been great! I've tried some of the other free online coding bootcamps, but always felt there was something missing in the knowledge base when trying to complete projects. Skillcrush has filled in those knowledge gaps and expanded on it. They have an excellent balance between video and written tutorials, then reinforce with hands on experience.
    The instructor and student community is great, you learn quickly that there's a bunch other people in the same boat as you and are very supportive. Also whenever I've had questions for the instructors they've been very quick to reply and help out.

• Skillcrush
    - 11/13/2018
    Emily

Enrolling in Skillcrush is the best career decision I’ve made yet, waaaay better than that overpriced, generic 4-year university degree I got.

When I decided I wanted to become a web developer, I spent several months trying various free online courses and boot camps, and nothing worked for me. I learned some skills, but didn’t feel like I really knew what I was doing with them. When I started Phase 1 of Skillcrush, I realised that I had already learned most of the information I needed to start coding as a career, but I needed Skillcrush to put it all together. And they did. Not only did I learn a lot of new and useful skills and tips, but I learned how to put all of the pieces of the puzzle together and become a confident coder.

“Confident” is the key word here, because the information provided in Skillcrush and the clearly guided layout of the courses allow you to build your knowledge base from the ground up and become more and more sure of yourself with every lesson. After Phase 1, I already feel confident that I can make a classy, fully functioning website for a client and get paid for it. I honestly wish I had found Skillcrush before I wasted my time on all of those other free courses.

Thanks Adda!

• Tanya • Student

So far I have gotten through the 1st part of the basic first course. I have enjoyed the clarity and throughness of the curriculum. I like how the learning process is set up. I am anxious to get to the point where I choose a more indepth path to go and start earning money with what I know.

I have gotten several emails regarding how Skillcrush will help me find work. I am excited to get to this point, hopefully soon. I wish I could be going through everything a bit faster than I am.

So grateful for the time and energy it took to put such a great program together.

• Lauren • Community Manager • Student

The courses are really nicely laid out and easy to both understand and get through, regardless of your schedule. Everything is presented nicely and the amount of information is just right - not too much and not too little. It feels like I am learning loads without killing my self. I plan to take more Skillcrush courses once my current one is complete.