skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding & design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the self-paced Break Into Tech + Job Guarantee program, which prepares students for entry-level positions in front end development and design. Skillcrush is on a mission to empower career changers — with a special focus on women and BIPOC — with the technical skills they need to transition into higher-earning, more fulfilling and flexible careers in tech.

Students who enroll in the Break Into Tech program will have access to both the Front End Developer and Designer career tracks. The curriculum covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, Github, visual design fundamentals, and more. Once students complete the technical skill building portion of the Break Into Tech (about 16-20 weeks), they receive 180 days of hands-on job search support including 1-on-1 and group coaching, and the opportunity to interview with Skillcrush employer partners.

Skillcrush is an open enrollment school, so no application is necessary. Skillcrush has trained over 20,000 students, and has an over 90% success rate of placing students in qualified jobs with an average time to get hired of 8-10 weeks.

Skillcrush offers tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. Skillcrush encourages students to email hello@skillcrush.com to discuss payment options.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (412) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • (1) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Front End Developer Track

Our Front End Developer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero coding knowledge to being a job ready front end developer with skills in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, and React with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee: Full refund if you have not received a "qualified" job offer within 180 days of starting your job search. Satisfaction (No Regrets!) Guarantee: If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 14 days, we will refund your money.
    ScholarshipWe offer tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. If any of these describe you, we encourage you to email hello@skillcrush.com to ask if you qualify.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • (2) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Designer Track

HTML, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Our Designer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero design knowledge to being a job ready designer with skills in web and visual design fundamentals, branding and identity design, and HTML and CSS with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for career changes with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • HTML/CSS 101
    - 2/24/2022
    Kate Keefer • Student
    In this course we learned the basics of creating a one page website.  We had 22 lessons, each with 4-10 steps per lesson, so it was a great way to approach this new skill.  Each lesson was bite-sized, and well explained.  I had never coded anything in my life, and at the end of the course I was not only able to follow the instructions, but then created my own one-page site based on the skills I learned.  Plus the instructors are amazing!  They really cheer you on as you work through the course.  Highly recommend this school for anyone who wants to learn at their own pace, but also have a community who are in the same boat as you are!
  • Break into Tech
    - 2/22/2022
    Adriana Pena • Student
    I started the Break into Tech course in 2019, but was sidetracked by Covid and have now returned. Even with the few skills, I learned back then, I felt confident to begin making a much-needed career change. I was lucky enough to have signed up then. The course is a lifetime membership. Even though I signed up in 2019, with the lifetime membership I have been able to take part in any updates in the curriculum that was already part of the original course I purchased. There are tones of support from the instructors and other students. When I'm feeling discouraged, connecting with other students giving or getting feedback on class projects keeps me motivated. So far I am enjoying the course and feel it is money well-invested in myself.
  • Allison • UX Designer • Graduate
    I started with Skillcrush's User Experience Design blueprint, then added on the Visual Design blueprint then ultimately invested in the Break Into Tech package. I found that the skills all built on top of one another to give me the skills and confidence I needed to apply to jobs. I came in at the perfect time to take advantage of the job guarantee which gave me personalized career coaching!

Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting an affordable but highly effective program that allows you to learn at your own pace.
  • Molly M • Student
    I love Skillcrush. I had an interest in tech careers for years, but it wasn't until I took their quiz about how I might fit into the tech field that I actually took the leap. What I love about Skillcrush personally is that everything is so clearly laid out and organized. I think people have learned to code on their own time for free, but for me, the convenience and knowing that I am getting the right tools and practice is invaluable. I love the platform, I love the practices, I love that there are add-ons in case you want to go a bit deeper down the rabbit hole. I would 100% recommend Skillcrush to anyone who is looking to get into tech.
  • The best!
    - 1/13/2022
    Shemoy Semar • Student
    I’ve learnt so much on Skillcrush and the support you get is phenomenal. Whenever I got stuck someone was always a click away and they always responded within the hour! The lessons are super easy to digest and where it gets challenging there’s always someone to help. 10/10 would recommend to anyone wanting to learn new tech skills or even refresh old ones.
  • Avril Mary • Student
    I enrolled in Skillcrush a few weeks ago and am so happy I did. I had previously been looking into doing a more intensive bootcamp when I stumbled over Skillcrush. The lessons take you step by step through the process and there is always an instructor ready to answer any questions you may have. I have found that the lessons are upbeat and positive which helps you to get through those moments when you start to doubt yourself or your motivation is wavering. Thanks so much to all the skillcrush team for all the amazing work they do!
  • Kelechi C • Front End Developer (prayerfully) • Student
    I have just finished HTML & CSS and so far this course has been amazing! The great thing about it is that you can go at your own pace but you do need to stay on top of your work and assignments in order to get it done in a timely manner. In a few weeks, I have learned HTML and CSS and have completed the portfolio website that I will be using for interviews. It has been such a fast and exciting process I can't wait to see what the rest of the course has in store. I am also very optimistic because I will be having help with the job search and interview process. I am also paying on a monthly basis which helps as I am currently unemployed. I would definitely recommend it.
  • UX Design Blueprint
    - 11/29/2021
    Ed Sesay • Student
    Overall, I really like the classes because all lectures, assignments, and projects are straight forward. I was looking for a Bootcamp course went I came across Skillcrush. Did little research on them and made my decision to signed up for their Design and Development courses (User Experience & Python). I really enjoyed the classes and the format it was presented in. I liked the assignments that connected the subject matter to relevant, contemporary issues.

• Louis • Student
    I happened to stumble upon Skillcrush by accident when looking for a new career to pursue, and it was the best accident I could have asked for! What drew me in was the free week bootcamp they offer to get a glimpse of what the courses entail. I immediately became interested just by the way the instructors were presenting the material. It felt very warm, friendly, and inviting. They did a great job of making it feel comfortable and not intense for anyone who may be trying to learn tech from nothing. I'm not even a quarter of the way into the "Break Into Tech" program and I already absolutely love everything about it. The instructors explain the material well in an easy to understand way. It is broken up in many sections so it doesn't feel like too much at once. They also offer 1-on-1 mentor check-ins throughout the course, direct feedback from instructors on the work yo do, and a whole online community of people going through the courses to gain feedback and bounce ideas off of. It is truly unlike any other online course out there that I have come across and they have done an excellent job with it! They really make learning fun! :)
  • So pleased!
    - 11/12/2021
    Martina • Student
    Over the summer I discovered coding on my own but found that I needed so guidance still. Skillcrush offers exactly what I need and I can work at my own pace. I am currently in the Front End Developer Career Track but I am planning on taking other courses later on. Every day there is something that makes more sense and I can put into my developer tool kit. Every time I have reached I was met with positive and meaningful interactions and very quickly. I have never felt like I was left hanging or have unresolved issues. Skillcrush just ticks all the boxes for me and I am so happy to be in the program!
  • Samantha • Student
    I signed up for a four-month program designed to take students from knowing nothing about code to becoming job ready in many types of jobs in the tech industry. The program is great and rewarding but communication with the instructors and other students is difficult; even with Slack, emails, and Live Q&A. I often don't have time to wait for a response (3+ hours) so I use outside resources and sites hoping to try and figure things out on my own. I also thought there would be more practice activities on each subject, so I feel lost sometimes and hesitant to move on since the work and concepts go hand in hand. I wish ALL lesson exams at the end of each topic were feedback challenges. I'm about 50% done with the program lesson portion and I have met with a mentor once. I understand this is an online course with plenty of students to get to but I feel like once I signed up I was forgotten about. I still receive emails inviting me to "Change my Career" and "Become a Skillcrush Student" and I've been a student for almost a year. The bottom line is, I am learning a lot and I do think I will be job-ready just not when I had originally planned or hoped. Thank goodness for FREE outside resources and videos that can help you when Skillcrush cannot.
  • break into tech
    - 8/19/2021
    Nancy St Gelais • Student
    A course for non-techies like me to learn the basics of the tech field