skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (335) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (8) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

• Michael N • Student

Where do I start?  I'm so glad that I found this online school.  When I was looking at coding classes and schools, I wanted to join a school in which I could follow the instruction easily and I wanted to be relatively affordable.  I'm just getting to end of my first class and I'm so excited to go further into my blueprint.  I'm in the wordpress bootcamp and so far I'm really impressed with the instruction.  The instructors are so cool and the instructional videos are really fun and entertaining to watch.  I have no complaints.  Skillcrush is definitely worth the money and time. I'm having so much fun learning.

• Well Done!
    - 4/18/2017
    Kara • Student

I just want to say how terrific the Skillcrush team is--and how well the classes I am taking are put together. From office hours to practice assignments, they have really hit it out of the park. I feel like I am well on my way to developing the skills I came to learn.

• Diana Ladden • enlightened despot • Student

As a senior I was a little nervous about jumping into a science that didn't exist when I graduated from college.

But the tone  of Skillcrush's communications were so welcoming and supportive that I joined up.

I especiallyadmire their commitment to young women learning website building skills. Questions are answered quickly and cogently.

Although I am only on my first course, I am delighted with the clarity of  instructions and explanations. The lesson plans are well structured and the exercises are lots of fun. I appreciate the thought that goes into the material --excellent quotes and lots of great facts!

I look forward to continuing these courses and Skillcrush.

• Wordpress Bootcamp
    - 4/14/2017
    Namaste • Student

I'm not completely new to HTML and CSS, which is where the course lessons start. I was a bit afraid the content would be basic, to my surprise the content is packed full of information and explanations I've never been exposed to. I'm so happy about my decision to enroll in the boot camp and looking forward to learning more. Thank you SkillCrush for figuring out away to teach coding in a way that is easy to comprehend but not watered down.

• Tonya Miller • Student

The boot camp was just a tiny glimps of what you get. I am very happy with Skillcrush so far.

• Zoe

I am currently taking the WordPress Bootcamp course with Skillcrush.  I have just completed my first week but I'm working at a faster rate due to having time off my job this week (so currently working through week 3's material) and I am LOVING it!!!  I am a total newbie at tech but really want to move into this job sector and change my career.  I came across Skillcrush whilst searching the internet looking at how to do this.  The couseware is fab, I find that everything is explained really well and is very interesting to learn - I am also loving the cheatsheets - so useful!  The team at Skillcrush are amazing, always responding in detail whenever I have questions or need help.  And being part of the Google Groups with other students is a fantastic source of help and I have even been able to help some other students!  I think that what you get with this course (compared to loads of others I have researched), is amazing value for money and a genuine feeling that the instructors want you to suceed and are there to help you every step of the way, instead of courses you just follow online and never actually speak to anyone.  Thank you Skillcrush I am so excited about learning this with you and I love being a Skillcrusher!!

• Ronnie

I did the free bootcamp before starting the Web Design Blueprint and it sold Skillcrush to me. The whole set up has a friendly feel to it. The course is well-paced, full of good resources and feels up to date, fresh and fun. I must admit I didn't use the forums much and so can't comment on the instructor but as a complete newbie to coding it surely says something about the design of the course that I actually didn't need to - although I did contact the helpdesk a few times and have had a very prompt and personable service from them (despite asking fairly daft questions!). I am a fair bit older than the target audience for Skillcrush but I am very glad that they exist. I believe I stumbled upon the site via a blog post from a frustrated administrator and am very glad I did. I plan to complete another of the Blueprints when I finally manage to complete the Web Design one (the flexible learning part is also a big bonus for a single mother). Hurrah for Skillcrush, I am a big fan!

• Sonia • Student

Hello! writing a review telling you about Skillcrush?? with PLEASURE :D

I'm attending the online Front End Developer blueprint and I've started basically from nothing, i had a very very basics idea of what developers do, but this blueprint is opening my eyes, mind and teaching me a lot!!! Well structured, with a lot of online resources provided, links to super useful information and the possibility to study at your own pace. Need help or have questions? don't worry, teachers are always available via email but you can always count on the great Google Group, a community you'll be part of from day one! Besides teachers, there you'll find other students willing to help you, work together and share info, a great Team Work, with no judgement!! I am learning a lot and I'm glad I've decided to do this course; certainly you'll have to find the time to practice every day, if you're a beginner like me I highly recommend to create a study routine and keep it!

CONCLUSION: yes! I recommend Skillcrush, no doubts about it :) Thanks again Adda&Team !!!

• WordPress Bootcamp
    - 3/18/2017
    Camille • Student

I'm currently enrolled in the Skillcrush WordPress Developer Blueprint, a 9 month class that includes the front-end blueprint, WordPress blueprint, and visual design blueprint. Before starting, I'd never touched a line of code. Skillcrush has helped me learn new skills, cultivate a love of all things websites, and launch my own freelance biz. I'm so greatful to the support of the class mentors, who've helped me spot more bugs than I knew were possible. The material can be challenging, and to reall 'get' it you'll need lots of practice, but Skillcrush is a great place to start. They offer a stellar product at an affordable price point.

• Love this course!
    - 3/18/2017
    Ella F • Student

I am two weeks into the Front End Developer Blueprint and I am absolutely loving it! This is a fantastic, non-threatening, female-centric course that makes what would normally be a daunting experience really enjoyable. I'm really excited to be learning something new that will help me to earn more and work my job around my life rather than the other way around. I have recommended this course to a lot of people already, including my admissions co-ordinator at Remote Year, which I'll be joining soon. He was really impressed with what he heard and will recommend Skillcrush to other applicants who are looking to make coding a career and change their lives for the better! I am so grateful to have found Skillcrush and can't recommend the course highly enough.

• Rikki Goss • Student

I am very happy with Skillcrush's Front-End Developer Blueprint.  I like that they teach a couple things a day and give us chances to practice, so that we can grasp the concept.  I was extremely nervous before I started the course that I wouldn't be able to keep up, but with the way this course is set up I haven't had any problems at all.  I can't wait to turn my life around with a career in tech.

• Fantastic!
    - 3/11/2017
    Hope • Office Manager • Student
    I've embraced my inner tech geek through my blueprint and am having so much fun learning using these easy to follow instructions and videos, that I've started working ahead!
  • Gloria • Teacher • Student

There are many things to love about Skillcrush. They seem to seek the advancement of women in the tech industry. They are lighthearted and open and eager to sign people up for their blueprints. However, if you are a complete newbie and need close mentorship, you're not going to find it here. When you download challenges into the system there is no feedback as to whether you completed the task correctly. It kind of goes out in limbo. Even though there is a Google Group community that corresponds to your Blueprint, it is not the same as having a mentor. I tried two courses with Skillcrush and did not receive the support I needed. On the second one I did not recieve the access to materials you're promised. I am very saddened because I had very high hopes of getting the training promised by Skillcrush.

• Jenn Corcoran • Graduate

I found Skillcrush after messing around on free sites like Codeschool and Codeacademy. While they were both good programs and a nice starting point I didn't find their set-up enjoyable. Skillcrush is just more personable and the way they break down lessons is helpful. It's a lot of information they impart on you especially given the 3-month timeline, but they separate it into manageable bits-so no information overload!

I chose to start my Skillcrush journey with the Visual Design Blueprint because it was along the lines of training I've already done, and I love designing so win-win. I loved having a google group to resource like a normal class and Feedback is great to learn to grow. I also loved that they continue supporting you after your finished and you have several pieces to produce for a portfolio. Because they can't possibly fit in everything you need to learn in just 3-months they make sure to break it down to what you need to know and give you resources to grow further in your career.

The one thing I would like to see (I don't know if it would actually be feasible) would be to have events held. Like mini-hackathons for Skillcrush students once in a while or a designing event students-both past and present-can opt in to where teams of even say 2 or 3 design a brand, website, etc. They could have a variety of challenges, or set-up a collaborative environment where students in the design courses submit their design to have developers code it. It wouldn't have to be as part of the required lessons, but could be something extra they do. It would be good practice and it would help increase your skillset with collaborating with a team remotely. Again, it's just a thought.

• Taylor • Graduate

I have been learning at Skillcrush for several years now. I just finished my WordPress blueprint and am still hammering away at the Ruby course. I love Skillcrush! The instructors are super friendly and fast with follow up to questions. Sometimes the lesson challenges are more complex than the lesson instructions and I can see where a little more depth and detail could be helpful, but I really feel like I have built my skill set immeasurably.

• Rachel P • Student

I came across an ad for skillcrush on Facbook and a few other places.  I had been trying to teach myself to learn to code through free sites but it was very slow going and dry, and there was really no one to help me when I had questions.

Coding seemed like a good way to make some money on the side and transition out of a career that I wasn't crazy about.

I liked the tone of what I read on the ads and the brochure for how to earn $1000 while learning to code so I signed up.  I really enjoy the lessons and like how they are broken up into very manageable bites so that it is easier to remember.  Adda is positive and slightly goofy at times keeps the material from being boring.  The resources and additional help they provide are amazing as well.  The customer service has been incredible whenever I've had questions.

About two weeks after I started the course, I got laid off.  After only a week someone at a large firm has already told me that I could freelance for them as soon as I am ready.  I never expected for my skills to be THAT in demand!  I am learning as fast as I can and enjoying myself.  I look forward to a rewarding career in tech and have already recommended this class to several friends.

• Junna Q. • Tech Support

Happy to be part of this Skillcrush training. Discussions and resources are great.

What I like also is the Skillcrush community - having mentors and classmates who are willing to assist you when you have doubts in your activities.

• Rocky J • Student • Student

Since joining Skillcrush I've enjoyed a renewed sense of enthusiasm for learning. There are multiple ways to get support from talented and highly-skilled staff, countless resources and opportunities to refine my skills each week, and unique and constructive forums to offer support, and receive valuable support from the other students in the blueprints. I am only a few weeks into the curriculum and already feel WAY more confident in my future as a valuable and successful web developer/web designer. Skillcrush was originally conceived as an interactive learning community for women and I believe Skillcrush has seen men gravitating to their blueprints because of the great value and highly effective approach to delivering valuable skills to jump-start their own careers. I feel welcome as a man among a strong team of talented women and gain tremendous support from the other Skillcrushers within the course. This was one of the smartest decisions I've made. Thank you!

• Wordpress Bootcamp
    - 2/16/2017
    Krys • Student

The course I apploed to is the full Wordpress Bootcamp, which includes the Front End Developer Blueprint, the Wordpress Developer Blueprint, and the Visual Design Blueprint. So far I am only at the end of my second week into the course, and I am loving every single minute of it!

The lessons are designed so that they are easy to complete in less than an hour a day (yet some offer extra resources and links to blog entries that you can look at freely should you have more time on your hands). The instructor explains everything in a way that is specific to that lesson - no more, no less - so that the student can understand everything they need to complete that day's lesson, yet not feel overwhelmed with extra info that they don't need to know just yet.

I also appreciate the hidden humor in most of the lesson videos and documents - who doesn't appreciate an extra little laugh a day - such as the silly sentences used to illustrate examples of formatting, etc. I often find myself giggling to myself when watching the videos which takes alot of pressure off and makes the overall lesson that much more enjoyable. :)

In the past couple of weeks, this course has become the hilight of my day, and I find myself waking up excited and looking forward to the new lesson (and some days, when I have more time and just want a little more, I may also preview ahead and check the next day's lesson, too!)

I will add one thing: this program seems geared towards beginners and newbies (like me!) so I find myself learning something new every day! But it may not be for you if you already have some previous knowledge and experience in coding. I find it is the perfect pace for me to learn, and considering all that you can learn from the comfort of your own home, I find it well worth its value, and definitely more worth it for me than spending thousands on a college course with less flexibility and a whole bunch of other distractions and unnecessary classes (who really needs PE and algebra if that's not your focus of study?)

Final word? DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!!! (And THANK YOU Skillcrush!)

• Great Tool
    - 2/16/2017
    Devan • Student

I'm just starting the second week of the Front End Developer Blueprint and am really enjoying myself. I love the way they approach the lessons with short informatonal videos and some pages of revision before they ask you to implement the lesson. So far I've learned a lot and am excited for the rest of the program. The only con I have is that there are no corrections to the code they ask you to write in the lessons. Therefore, most of the time I think i've done the lesson correctly, but can never be certain.

• Ashley Bolar Onokwu • abonokwu@gmail.com

I'm currently in the Front end developer course and I'm enjoying it. This is the first time I paid for any course and I'm happy I did, it's accommodating and affordable . I tried to learn on my own at one time and it was difficult .This course is well thought out and is in great sequence.I also like how if you have any questions there is always someone online to answer them for you.

I would reccommend Skillcrush to anyone and everyone.

• Vineeth M.S. • Student

Hi I'm Vineeth. My web development blueprint was highly informative. I was able to know how much i have to learn which was the most difficult task for me before i joined this blueprint. The video tutorial and the solution given and hints for questions really helped to check my answers and from avoiding in getting stuck. I will highly recommend this course to my friends who are new in the field of web development.

• Mary E Hawn • Student

If you are thinking about a career in tech but the word "code" or HTML seems foreign and frightnening, please check out Skillcrush. The awesome intructors at Skillscrush will help you see beyond the barriers and learn a skill or trade craft. I am currently in the Front end developement blueprint. I have learned so much! Adda, Alia and all the the fine ladies at Skillcrush are seriously encouraging! I have tried to learn code for several years on my own -banging my head against the wall-but I feel like I didn't have the confidence to know that, yes, some html was that simple and I was doing it right - YESSS! I also have had several HTML mysteries explained very simply and get to practice the skills in a way that I will be using every day as a developer.

Skillcrush is extremely useful and affordable. I wish the education system would get on board and follow the Skillcrush style. Learning front end development in a college classroom is far more difficult and  there is a bunch of other junk piled in that you really do not need to be able to code. (SCARY MATH-you don't need it! YAY!) If you can use a computer keyboard, you can learn to code. Learning at Skillcrush makes it an encouraging, affordable experience. Bring on the new career and all it has to offer!