skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (340) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

• Maria Wright  User Photo
    Maria Wright • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I joined Break Into Tech Blueprint about a month ago, and I can't believe how much I have learned in this short time.

I've taken many online classes, but Skillcrush really has a unique learning environment like no other I've seen. There is variety between short videos, text, hands-on exercises, and quizzes, as well as larger projects.

I've also really enjoyed the support from the Slack community - the students are really supportive and the instructors are always there to answer any questions. I have had my first career counseling appointment, and was able to talk to someone further down the road from me who answered my questions and helped me know what is possible.

Most coding schools are 10x the cost of Skillcrush. I can't believe the value that I am getting.

• Sabrina Danielle Green  User Photo
    Sabrina Danielle Green • Student/Unemployed, but hopefully not long • Student Verified via GitHub

Skillcrush is an excellent resource for aspiring web professionals. The online learning environment introduces the material in a manner that is very easy for someone without any prior knowledge to understand. The instructors then help you retain that information by having you consistently recall the skills learned throughout the course with fun and challenging exercises.

Skillcrush also helps you learn the professional lingo and "best practices" of a web professional which helps you feel like a competent insider in no time. I’m a very detailed oriented person; I like to know that I have all the pieces to complete the big picture.
    They provide you with everything you need to know without making you feel overwhelmed.

The quick reference documents provided with the lessons are an invaluable tool; I often refer to them while completing projects. The staff/instuctors are very encouraging, knowledgeable, and available to aid students whenever needed.

• Fun!!
    - 8/22/2017
    Nikki Davis  User Photo
    Nikki Davis • Web Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    This course was a birthday gift from my mom a couple of years ago. I absolutely loved it as it was both fun and challenging. With it, I was able to design my own website and revamp my clients' websites as well. This has led to partnering up with another designer on a couple of other sites! Currently, I am reviewing the class as it has been revamped. That's another reason to love Skilllcrush as there are constant updates to keep current with trends and technology. The only reason why I gave the Job Assistance a three star rating is because of the lack of it during the time that I took the course a couple of years ago.
  • Kelley Clark Martin  User Photo
    Kelley Clark Martin • Marketing Consultant • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I can't remember how I stumbled on Skillcrush, but I'm glad I did. It's super accessible and easy to follow. I just finished the first section of the All-Access plan, and I can already see a marked improvement in my design work. I made things up by the seat of my pants before, and now I have methodology and a plan and it's great. My work looks and feels 1000% more professional. I am extremely confident that the investment I've made will pay off via my career.

As I go into my second section, I'm already being matched up with a career counselor. I think this will put my work in context and help keep my eyes on the prize. Thanks, Skillcrush!

• Encouraged
    - 7/17/2017
    emily b.  User Photo
    emily b. • Mobility Manager Verified via LinkedIn

I am currently enrolled in the All-Access Career Blueprint. I have only been enrolled for a couple weeks, but thus far have really enjoyed how Skillcrush breaks down the lessons to make them fun and easy to follow. I have already used and learned so many new tools that I know I can use in the future even if I don't land my dream tech job. The instructors are fun and I consider them professional encouragers. I feel supported and I am so glad I was listening to the Disrupt Yourself podcast so that I can start my career change. Glad I found Skillcrush and would recommend this program specifically for women looking to enter the tech field.

• Zita Collins  User Photo
    Zita Collins • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    Skillcrush does just that...crushes tech skills! After checking out other online bootcamps, I decided to go with Skillcrush because of their great videos and valuable content regarding transitioning into a tech career, regardless of where you are or how old you are. The material in the courses are stellar and I am an avid online learner so I say from experience. While taking the classes, I've often smiled knowing someone who may have no clue about development, can easily follow the "to the point instruction." Everything you need to know is broken down step by step. This is by far one of the best investments anyone seriously wanting an awesome career, learnt at their pace without feeling intimidated can make. I would say to anyone still not sure which company to go with.....stop guessing and waiting time...sign up for Skillcrush! Job Assistance not rated as I'm still working on my blueprint, but among everyday I near that milestone :)
  • Happy Student!!!
    - 6/30/2017
    Terri Newsome  User Photo
    Terri Newsome • Teacher/Freelancer Verified via LinkedIn

I have just recently started my second Skillcrush blueprint. I didn't make it through my first one for many personal reasons but after making headway with this one I definitely will be following this one up with my first Blueprint. Everything seems to make sense to me now and the process feels so easy! I truly appreciate the monthly payment plans that Skillcrush offers because I have been STARING, HOPING, & PRAYING to be able to save up the coins I needed to participate but it just never worked out that way. The monthly payment plans made it possible for sure.

In terms of the course and its structure, it is definitely an enjoyable process. I really cannot complain for the most part. The format usually goes something like this: Video/Information, examples, notes/handouts/practice/practice/practice. You catch on really quick. The features that keep me motivated the most are being able to see how many steps are in that section that I'm learning and how far away I am from completing that section, the momentum of being able to click mark complete, the practices, and the quizzes are really motivational for me. I feel like I'm making small accomplishments or meeting small goals so that makes it fun and motivational. To add to that a possible suggestion to boost up the motivation, even more, is if after completing certain things if we received digital badges to collect. That would be neat! Skillcrush has definitely put alot of work and effort into making this a QUALITY program and you can tell. Hats off because I can tell that these courses are ALOT of work. So you are definitely getting your money's worth.

The areas of improvement are for me very minute. I love seeing Adda but it would be interesting to see the faces of the other instructors in the videos too and change up the background every so often. I personally really like color pop office decor on a white background that is girly/feminine and bold. But that's just my preferences. The group's, office hours, and events are not as streamline as I would like for me. I don't really understand how to get to the groups without having to go to the dashboard. Also I the office hours are a little intimidating for me because I have no idea what to discuss with my instructor. Skillcrush says that you can ask questions but I'm not always sure if I have questions or if I have something to talk about. For me, I would love to be able to see all of my classmates' projects and be able to interact with them more. I don't want that part to be a requirement or anything but I would love to see kind of communal space, like those shared artist spaces in major cities or Behance, where we could see each other's projects, and even chat with each other and possibly meet up. Great way to meet Business Besties. It's great to go alone but its even better together sometimes. This may also be covered in the Google group thing but I haven't navigated it all the way yet. So this may not even be a Skillcrush issue.

Not all of the time but sometimes I have to go to the video transcript to take notes because a concept that is mentioned in the video may not be mentioned in the notes part and I really want that info because I feel like it's important to me. It still works out because I can go to the transcript.

Overall, I LOVE Skillcrush and have followed them and been interested in being a student with since their beginnings when they first started offering classes. Skillcrush is doing a great job. And this may sound selfish but I kind of like that they are not as super well-known, because it gives it a small-class/community feel. Like your favorite "hole-in-the-wall" or cafe in a major city. Though I am aware that the small-community feel might not be a good idea for them fiscally. People/women SHOULD definitely join and participate. You would not regret it and your return on investment is unmeasurable. Skillcrush you beyond ROCK!

P.S. A great idea would be if Skillcrush held in person events all over the US or the major places where most of their students are (please come to D.C., where they held a little seminar about the business of web design, development, freelancing etc and have little in-person challenges session where alumni practice skills in person through challenges and projects, for example like the project where you create logos using just CSS. That would be dope! Kind of rubbing shoulders with your peers.

• Sarah C.  User Photo
    Sarah C. • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am very happy to have discovered Skillcrush a few weeks ago. Having graduated with a fairly impractical degree in a down economy, I've spent most of my adult life taking unfulfilling jobs with minimal room for advancement just to make ends meet, and have had to store away dreams of any sort of robust career.

Now, I'm not saying Skillcrush will magically and instantly fix my life for me. What I am saying is that its beautifully structured course outlines, supportive instructors and high-quality learning content make me confident that I've made a good decision in choosing the site to gain marketable skills to help leverage my chances of finding satisfying and rewarding work.

I could have chosen to go the autodidactic route and taught myself web development using free resources (and actually am, adjacent to this Wordpress course). However, culling through all of the resources the internet has to offer to find clearly explained material that's worth my time is an arduous task for someone with my schedule right now. Instead, I've opted to invest a comparably small amount of money into this course to motivate myself to follow through on this career choice, and am learning so much through easily digestible lessons in the meantime.

I could not recommend this course more highly. I was on the fence for quite awhile, wondering if it would be worth it. Having now started the Wordpress Developer Blueprint, I'm confident that I'll have the skills and knowledge of best practices to maximize my potential in the field. What made my mind up to take the plunge was Skillcrush's wealth of highly informative articles and tech-related resources that are available for free, for everyone. It's clear that the company is dedicated to its students' success, whether they're enrolled or simply prospective.

• Marko Vasiljevic  User Photo
    Marko Vasiljevic • Engineer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

This really is a course where you can work couple of hours a day to upgrade your knowledge and fulfil tasks. I worked in Drupal before but I wish I took this course earlier; it would spare me endless hacked tutorials on internet and make my learning more effective.

Good thing is that you really have all the explanations you need in lessons. Tasks are solved.

The only real problem I had was installing XAMP on my PC, but that was partly because I had something else installed. I had to google it a long time...

• Stephanie Brown  User Photo
    Stephanie Brown • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The Skillcrush experience is an exceptional value. The interface is pleasant to use and the support is amazing. I find the learning environment to be both empowering and inspiring. From the CEO to each of the trainers and teaching assistants, everyone is so patient and encouraging to those of us learning to code and transitioning into the tech industry.

This was my second experience with Skillcrush.  I took the Web Developer Blueprint with them in 2014.  I am an older learner with adult children. I spent years running from technology by pursuing web development as a hobby rather than considering it a career because I felt my age and educational background excluded me from the industry.  I looked at A LOT of other bootcamps and immersion programs when I first started considering structured learning.  I've also taken countless online courses and tutorials because I find I learn best online. Skillcrush was the best fit for me.

My son is in college now studying Computer Game Design and Development. On more than one occasion he's asked me to be the fresh eye on something he's coding for one of his programming classes.  Even in a different language I've been able to help him.  I don't know I'd be confident enough to even attempt it were it not for what I've learned in my Blueprints.

The best part of Skillcrush for me is the that at any time I can go back to the courses I've taken and the projects I've completed as part of the course and revisit them as a refresher or to make improvements. Right now my immediate goal is to implement all the amazing advice and tools they make available in the career section to finally launch my freelance business.

• Brianna  User Photo
    Brianna • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just finished the Skillcrush Freelance Wordpress Blueprint, and it's my second Skillcrush Blueprint! I also completed the Front-End Web Developer Blueprint a few months ago. Both experiences were fantastic.

I have never been a good self-teacher, as I constantly have questions and often need things explained to me a few times over. Unsurprisingly, I was nervous to take an online class, for fear it would make me feel frustrated and be a waste of my time. But with Skillcrush, I feel like I have a team of teachers guiding me, and a room of students supporting me.

The teachers (yes, plural) are super responsive over email, and the lessons guide you along the work slowly, and there is something for every type of learner. There are videos, step-by-step instructions, and plenty of outside resources. The number of things to do rarely feels overwhelming, as the lessons break it down so simply.

We have a Google group for everyone taking the class at the same time. Students post their work, share issues, and discuss the class overall. The teachers help students solve any issues with their work while guiding us in the proper way to ask tech questions, since many students have never done that before (it really is a valuable skill!). That's one of the most awesome things about the courses--it caters to those of us who are newer to the tech world and might feel completely lost in it. They explain the way that other more experienced developers tend to think about certain concepts (tabs vs spaces, ack!) and give you an introduction to the culture.

The courses were fun and challenging and super rewarding. Not to mention they are amazing resources to go back to once you launch your career in tech (which can seriously be right after finishing the course).

It's like Skillcrush pushes you to more than a head start--it pushes you to half way down the track.

• Rebecca  User Photo
    Rebecca • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I love how friendly and welcoming the course is. As a beginner and as a female I'm not daunted or over-whelmed by it being too technical or by feeling that others know more than I do. There is a good mix of videos, reading and practice examples that help to move you along quickly and keep you interested. However, it does go over some things a bit quickly so if you really want to learn the subject deeply you may need to do some of your own research and plenty of practicing. I have found the course to be a great introduction and it has motivated me to keep learning.