skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (340) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Kristina • knicolebeck@gmail.com • Student

I am currently in the middle of the Web Design Blueprint. I had some basics down for HTML5 & CSS but I was needing more and really unsure of where to even start with all the information on the internet. Skillcrush has provided me with the structure I was seeking and is much more current than the college Web Design class was enrolled in last semester.

I really am enjoying the Skillcrush Blueprint and would absolutely take more Blueprints or single classes in the future from them.

• Matt • Graduate

I came to Skillcrush with zero knowledge about web development. I find coding to be intimidating, but after one month of taking the Front-end Development Blueprint course, I've taken a big step forward. I feel confident about what I am learning because it's well structured with simple, easy-to-follow steps. Highly recommend Skillcrush!

• Mike • Student
    I am currently enrolled in the November 2016 Frontend Development blueprint and have to say, after close to a month of working in it daily, I'm disappointed enough to cancel. This review will cover why based on my experience - though it of course may be different for everyone.

There's a lot of stuff in both HTML and CSS the instructor breezed over. Things are often not explained well and worded poorly - then you're quizzed on it. Entire areas of HTML that anyone who uses the code should know are skipped. In my experience, the community "feature" is almost nonexistent - I don't know anyone in the course and very few people ask questions in the Google Groups. The whole experience is awkward and the office hour I attended was pretty useless.

Plus, it's a lot of money to pay $399 for this course; there are tons of free and cheap resources elsewhere that go into the detail I'm looking for. I just bought everything the Front End course offered, plus a lot more programming languages on Udemy for $13. There are even free apps that are just as useful.

They said 1-2 hours a day but the reality is it's going to take several more hours to really maximize this course.

While I like Skillcrush's broad goal to get more women coding, it's not what I am looking for.
  • Kim • Art Director

I love this class! I'm also enrolled in the Freelance Wordpress Class and that is good too. The courses are broken down into nice little bit sized chunks, and then you're given time to practice. Adda cuts right to what is important. All the course material is supported with wonderful papers on running a business, updating your resume, getting ready for a tech interview. I've looked into many courses, and this is by far, my favorite.

• fast paces learning
    - 11/18/2016
    Zoe • Student

i started the wordpress bootcamp with ZERO experience, and am amazed that two weeks in - im already farmiliar with the lingo and the language. the classes are very thorough, and very generous - often i find myself asking a question, only to have it exactly answered in the next slide. highly recommend to anyone who thinks they *might* be interested in web design/coding.

• Web Development
    - 11/17/2016
    Dani • Student

Love this course! Unlike other free services I've tried, the instructor really improve the course. The only thing I would ask for is a bit more practice of each new item, but the old lessons are always available to return to.

• Elise B. • Student

I always struggled with the idea that I couldn't possibly code. I've watched my husband do it for years now and his code felt foreign to me. The thing is, it's not all that foreign. It's quite the opposite and Skillcrush does an excellent job showing you just how simple it can be.

Their coursework is simple and easy to follow. You can take it day by day or push forward at your own pace. The flexibility is amazing and makes it possible for ANYONE to do. The community is very supportive and you can get help when needed.

It's well worth the price if you're looking to expand your horizon.

• Skillcrush Review
    - 11/17/2016
    Lauren • Student

I am currently enrolled in the Skillcrush WordPress Bootcamp.  It's curriculum combines three great BluePrints into one (Front-End Developer, WordPress and Visual Designer).  I'm in the Front-End Developer segment of the class right now and my comments are:  The layout is great.  You are not given an overwhelming amount of information at once that scares you; it is paced just right-you will learn the basics via a video and then you will review it right away and put it to use.  It is interactive so you can grasp the concepts and feel confident in what you are learing.  The team is responsive to all questions. I am very happy with the program so far and excited to continue learning and advancing my skills.  I do not have any formal training in coding.  I used to code my myspace when i was younger and that has helped me understand a lot of the front-end developer blueprint but I also think this program is structured so that any skill level even someone with no experience will be able to follow and understand.

• Gabriella

Skillcrush's Web Development and Frontend development courses are absolutely fantastic! I really love the way that the workload intersperces videos, actual coding work and backgroud knowledge about the program. I absolutely love all of the knowledge I've gained and it's been a super experience. I'm only in the first couple days so far - but I can't wait for more!

Can't wait for the program to continue onward!

• Heather • Media Library Coordinator • Student

I found Skillcrush randomly while browsing through LinkedIn and Facebook, so I decided to investigate for further information. I signed up for the free 10-day bootcamp, which was terrific and really helped explain some of the more complicated languages like Ruby and Python. I signed up for the Web Developer Blueprint over the summer, but have yet to complete it. I became frustrated with the JavaScript, so I took a break and revisited it when I received an email stating that the course layout would be changing, and I would receive it for free. The updated JS course was a lot more modified, and taught you how to write pseudocode, which would be used in projects. I also have yet to finish the Ruby class, I know it's supposed to be a pretty simple language but I don't come from a tech background. Now that I feel a lot more confident with JS and jQuery, I can finally go back to Ruby.

I also decided to sign up for the Web Designer course, and unfortunately I discovered towards the last week that Photoshop Elements (which I installed on my computer quite awhile ago) is not the same as Photoshop, so following the lessons would be difficult unless I download the free trial (I can't afford to buy the program). In addition, I already made it through 90% of the HTML/CSS course the first time around but got hung up on the website launch. At least there isn't too much of that left for me to complete though!

Aside from some setbacks, I've enjoyed Skillcrush and will feel a lot better once I actually complete the blueprints. My only real complaint is that there is no job placement or job assistance. I understand they are a startup, and I know it's difficult to place absolute beginners into positions but perhaps for the future they can incorporate it into their repertoire! Even though I am still a total beginner, I have reached out to the staff about positions that only require HTML/CSS knowledge, because I'm 100% serious about breaking into the tech world, and they've been mostly helpful with this, too! Hopefully, I can come back sometime and tell them "I landed a job, and it only requires HTML/CSS skills! Thanks!"

• Megan

I recently finished the WordPress Developer Blueprint. Before I started, I had very little knowledge of WordPress. I learned a lot in the class and felt confident enough to take on a client project seperate from the class.

The class is a really good introduction to WordPress and does provide some instruction on intermediate concepts. They can't teach you everything in such a short time span, but the concepts you learn will set you up to tackle many client requests and give you the tools to research things you haven't heard of.

The class community using Google Groups is also a great asset. Anytime I had a question, it was answered fully and very quickly. It seemed to be the same for others and those discussion threads were great for expanding on the class information.

Video discussions that focused on career advice were also helpful and very encouraging to someone who is interested in freelancing, starting a business, or changing careers.

Overall, it was a great experience, and I am starting another Blueprint next week.