skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (340) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Cathy Deane • Student

I enjoy doing Skillcrush interactive lessons. They are so easy to learn the steps and to learn the formulas. I am taking Front End Developer Blue Print. Which I didn't know anything about and Skillcrush is making it so easy to learn from A to Z. I will be also taking WordPress Blue Print. Can't wait, I want to get the best training out of both programs, so I can land that career I always wanted.

• Carlos Chico • Student

Skillcrush Review

Give Us Feedback On Your Experience With Skillcrush

Skillcrush 101, 102, 104: Html, Css, JavaScript, Command Line, Git, & *Ruby Programming.

Carlos M. Chico

Summary

Skillcrush provides its students an empowering and friendly experience while facilitating the advancement of students’ skills into tech in a very simple, interactive, and real-tech hands on experience. I came to Skillcrush with a failed fancy four-year university bachelors degree. The Skillcrush team went three x above my expectations. I do not feel like a muggle any more, but confident in the real-tech skills I earned, or at any rate acquired through the Skillcrush team. I recommend Skillcrush 100%.

Critique

Skillcrush tech skills and experience in a systems overview:

INPUT

OUTPUT

·      Real-Tech Skills

·      Confidence in Programming

·      -Beyond- Entry Level Tech Ready

My experience at Skillcrush has empowered me to build websites, write in html web pages, use CSS to make sites look better, develop programs with JavaScript, jQuery, apps with Ruby programming and ready for a career in tech. I am delighted to recommend Skillcrush!

• Thelma

I love that the lessons are broken down into simple chunks that are easily digestible. Lessons are simplified via the short videos that are fun and broken down for non-techy types. More advanced students might find these explanations too simplistic but I feel that learning should be accessible, especially for people who are looking to change careers and are possibly treading on uncharted territory.

The quizzes are a great way to reinforce learning. I found myself high-fiving myself with each one that I scored 100% and even 86%!

I do think that the Photoshop lesson should either be updated, expanded, or offered as its own standalone course. Perhaps it could included expanded lessons on wireframing. It definitely needs to be updated for Adobe CC, as it's the latest iteration of Adobe products.

Google Groups is a pain to use. It's visually confusing and not user-friendly. Maybe Slack or another alternative forum like a private Facebook Group would work better for group communications.

Despite Google Groups' shortcomings - IMO - I love that the instructors are open to being emailed via the official email. It's great knowing that there's someone who can answer a question as an alternative.

I highly recommend Skillcrush to anyone looking to get their feet wet or even leaving the kiddie pool for the deep end.

• Laurentia Wehmeyer • Consultant - design, marketing and development • Graduate

This was the best course I could have signed up for. The first time in my adult life I enrolled into a creative course and it was fantastic. I enjoyed it sooooo much. It was a tough learning curve getting to know new terms and tools but I am sure it will be beneficial in my career forward. The videos were very helpful, the content was well and logically structured. The class project test our new skills and the instructors were very helpful in guiding us to understand what could be done better without saying do it like this or changes this like that; putting us in charge and in full control of our end results.  I would highly recommend this course!

• Lynne Most • Front End Web Dev and Designer • Student

I'm loving Skillcrush! Besides getting excellent instruction via both video and written lessons enabling you to see how, when and why to do things along with immediate opportunities to put the knowledge into practice, the presentations are fun, friendly and encouraging. I love the non-techy terminology too.

But the icing on the cupcake is that I feel like I've joined a special club of smart and witty women. I know there are guy students too (and I'm happy they are there), but it definitely has a "girlfriend" feel to it and that's a big part of what attracted me.

The only thing I'd change would be to make the video intro music a little shorter. It's catchy and I really like the tune, but 3 months of it is probably going to be a bit much. Truthfully, I'm not tired of it yet - but I'm only 2 weeks in to the course :)

• SO HAPPY!
    - 12/7/2016
    Carla • Graphic Designer

I am so happy and grateful to have found this course! I'm working on the Front End Developer part of the bootcamp course and I'm so excited to learn new things everyday. Suddenly things make sense! Also considering my current work situation, Skilcrush has really helped me build my confidence back up.

I cannot recommend Skillcrush enough, it has the right mix of videos, visuals and reading to help you understand all that is involved.

• Awesome Course!
    - 12/6/2016
    Mitch B. • Student

Web development and computer language is something that I have long been interested in learning.  This course has been awesome so far, and I love being able to learn with it at my own pace.  Being able to go back over a past lesson anytime to freshen up is cool too.

I can't wait to start applying these skill to my current ventures as well as new ones to come.  We can never be too skilled or too valuable....this educational platform is an incredible value and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Jarquis

Im currently going through the front-end delevoper part of the Wordpress Bootcamp. I literally have no coding experience and tried to take a programming class when I was enrolled in college. Even though I've always had a interest in learning the inner workings of how the internet and software works, I thought the class was way too complex and in a sense scared me away from coding. Joining Skillcrush is looking like one of the best decisions I've ever made because for one, the breakdown of each lesson in the videos,so far, has been very comprehensive. She keeps the concepts simple. My favorite part of the program is the video transcripts. It's great for me because I learn by writing notes, so not only do I get to hear and see the lesson, but also I'm reading it as well. Plus, after each video, a more detailed overview of the video before the actual practice gets done. Plus they provide reference sites for jobs in the tech field. And though I haven't use the google forums, just by looking at some through my email it seems the instructors always reply and are extremely helpful.

• Christina Rivera • Student
    I look forward to skillcrush everyday! And I anticipate a great career coding for life.
  • Phoebe • SEO specialist • Graduate

Before finding Skillcrush, I had been dabbling in numerous websites trying to learn bits and pieces of HTML, CSS and other back end languages.

The problem is that I didn't really know what to do with my knowledge, like how to get it up and running and how to use a text editor. Skillcrush guides you through all of that and sets you up so you learn in a fun and comfortable way.

The benefits of Skillcrush is that you learn the fundamental and basics, but you really learn it as everything is described to you in bite sized digetable chunks.I work a full time 40 hour work week and I still find myself looking forward to coming home and spending an hour or so learning to code.

I say this package is worth it if you just need some motivation or that extra push!

While I don't think Skillcrush teaches you everything you need to know (that's impossible anyway!), I do think their blueprints lay our a really good foundaiton to build on in future so you can understand concepts better during your coding journey.

Bonus: They have really great instructors who answer your questions when needed!

• Matt • Student

So I tried my hand at another front end dev course and got lost and no help from the staff, and a lot of it was TL;DR. Skillcrush was this wake up I needed with Adda on video lecture breaking the lesson down, Barney style for me and then jumping into the practical after the talk. That is how I learn, with a crawl, walk, run approach.  If you want to break into a tech job on the cheep, this is how you do it. Its kinda like learning from your big sister. And thats not always a bad thing.

• Loved my blueprint
    - 11/25/2016
    Enise Anas

I started my visual design blueprint this past June and just recently was able to graduate due to life circumstances. But I would highly recommend it due to the following:

1. Great structure, easy to apply and go at your own pace.

2. Coursework is appropriate for beginners and have great group support through Google groups.

3. The resources provided are valuable and definitely helped me achieve a great sense of security about where to go next.