skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is an online bootcamp that offers 12-week web design and web development courses called Skillcrush Blueprints. Wanting to teach students digital skills to kickstart their career, Skillcrush provides their "Blueprint," which is a step-by-step guide preparing students for the career they desire. Students engage in learning concrete technical skills while also creating a portfolio of real projects. These 3-month blueprints are online, but offer blocks of office hours, and access to classmates, instructors, and career coaches to create a structured learning environment.

Expect an email each morning with goals for the day, and students can choose times that work best to interact with mentors and other students. Classes do not require any programming experience, but students should be comfortable with computers and the web. Graduates can expect to cover UX Design, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, and Ruby.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (340) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (9) articles about Skillcrush →
  • Break Into Tech Blueprint

Did you look through our Blueprints and think “I want to learn it ALL”? The Break Into Tech Blueprint gives you exactly that. This course covers ALL of the lessons from our signature Blueprints and you’ll work with a career counselor to design a custom learning program to prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career. This one-of-a-kind digital skill training program will teach you all the core skills every aspiring technologist needs to know and make sure you’re set up for success in the flexible, creative, and lucrative career of your dreams.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $159 or one payment of $1599
    Refund / GuaranteeWe’re so confident that you will love this program that if you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 30 days, we will refund your money.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
  • Digital Marketer Blueprint

Digital marketers spend their days understanding the needs of their target audience, translating business goals into creative online marketing campaigns, and staying on top of digital media trends. You'll learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social media, content, email marketing, paid ads, data analytics and reporting, and much more.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelThis blueprint is perfect for beginners with zero coding experience. You just need to have a basic understanding of computers and be able to upload and download files.
  • Front End Developer Blueprint

Are you ready to tap into one of the fastest growing, highest paying, and most in-demand careers in tech? Are you tired of making less than everyone else at your company when you know you’re just as smart? Get the most lucrative and versatile digital skills out there in the Front End Developer Blueprint. You’ll learn how to build gorgeous, interactive websites that work perfectly on every device and mobile phone you can think of. With an explosive job market, killer salary, and tons of growth opportunities, front end development is one of the hottest jobs in tech!
    Tuition Plans3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
  • Front End Developer + ReactJS Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    OnlinePart Time
    Front end developers use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (including libraries like React) to transform static website designs into rich, interactive, multimedia web experiences. ALL front end developers work in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, but they don’t all know React JS. And since React JS is quickly becoming one of the most in-demand front end development skills, knowing it will give you an important leg up in your job search!
    Tuition PlansMake 4 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $699
  • User Experience Design Blueprint

Design
    OnlinePart Time
    User experience designers are innovative explorers who research, improve, and test websites and apps. They create delightful digital experiences that keep people coming back for more. If you love figuring out how things work and what makes people tick, look no further than User Experience design—it’s the tech industry’s best-kept secret for career changers. You'll learn the exact tools and best practices that designers use to discover and then describe what their customers want, how to create a professional website prototype: a wireframe, user testing and iterating on your design, and more! By the end of this Blueprint, you’ll have completed a start-to-finish user experience design project
  • Visual Designer Blueprint

Visual designers are the graphic designers of the digital world we live in, and they play a crucial role in designing the online experiences we interact with every day. If you’re an imaginative, creative, visual person and love sketching, drawing, pairing colors, illustrating, and calligraphy (or you just have a history with coloring books and macaroni necklaces), you’re going to love working in visual design. This course will prepare you for a career designing sites, apps, or ANYTHING you see online—and give you the tools to communicate with the development teams who will bring your designs to life.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelComfort with HTML & CSS is required for this course.
  • Web Designer Blueprint

HTML, Git, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Web designers are innovative chameleons who also code the websites they design! As digital artisans who use multiple skills to bring their creations to life, they understand what’s needed to make a website functional, appealing, and easy to use. The good news is that web design is easy to learn and great for beginners. In this online course you will learn all of the skills you need to become a web designer.
  • Web Developer Blueprint

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Ruby
    OnlinePart Time
    Web developers solve problems every day by coding websites and web applications. Web developers are responsible for creating the web apps you use every day, from Gmail to Instagram! If you’re a builder AND love to solve problems with creative solutions, web development is right up your alley. Now you just need to learn the basic building blocks of the web and programming fundamentals! By the end of this Blueprint, you will have learned everything you need to create a hand-coded website and web application including HTML & CSS, JavaScript & jQuery, version control, programming fundamentals, and web application.
  • Wordpress Developer Blueprint

Git, PHP, Mobile, Wordpress
    OnlinePart Time
    WordPress developers have the most versatile skill set in the world: Approximately 60 million websites run on WordPress! This course will teach you the tools to build beautiful, functional, and totally unique websites—and start making serious money.
    Tuition PlansMake 3 monthly payments of $199 or one payment of $549
    Minimum Skill LevelA solid understanding of HTML & CSS is required for this course.

As someone with a creative background, but no experience designing for the web, this course was amazing. In 3 months, I learned an incredible amount just taking the hour long classes every day (or when I could get to them, they don't expire). The teachers are friendly, knowledgable, and provide really constructive feedback. You also get valuable feedback and inspiration from other students via the Hang Out sessions and in the Google Groups sessions. I feel confident in applying my new skills in a new career, and speaking of new career, not only did the Skillcrush team teach me how to design for web (and a bit of print as well, which I already had background in, but is good if you don't), they provide you with resources on how to write cover letters, resumes and - drumroll please - where to find an actual job with links to actual job posting sites for Tech jobs. My only complaint is that the Google Hang Out sessions fill up incredibly fast and it was hard to snag a time that worked for me. I'm only removing one star on Overall Experience for that reason.

• Dave Mischler

I am several weeks into a Skillcrush blueprint and the program is very well designed.

They have a clear idea of what is important to learn in each area and focus on those key concepts.  The information comes in bite-sized chunks giving you time to process each step as you go. The information comes to you in at least a couple forms, video and writen, so it works well no matter how you learn best.  And they have hands-on practice exercises immediately after presenting a concept so you get to learn by doing right away.

The courses are built by series of lessons and each lesson is broken down into a sequence of steps.  Thus, while they provide a recommendation of what you might complete each week, it is very easy to do more or less than is recommended and work at your own pace to fit your schedule and learning approach. Overall, it is very efficient and works particularly well for someone who is new to coding and is holding down another job while building new skills

The instructors have been very responsive to email questions and typically overdeliver in their replies - they provide even more information than I expected - which is fantastic. The classroom group feedback sessions conducted over the web (via Zoom Meeting) have been very well led and have been really useful.  The tool used to hold those online group meetings is simple to use and enables participants to share work quite easily. Skillcrush also provides summary "cheat sheets", links to other resources and lots of help opportunities if you need it.

I highly recommend Skillcrush.

• Jeremy Willhelm • Student

After searching through the many different code schools or bootcamps, I came across Skillcrush.com. There are numerous reasons why I chose this option compared to the other camps available. The most important reason was the cost. I spoke with someone from Skillcrush and they worked out a plan so I can take their courses with my current budget. This allows me to learn new skills so I can be more marketable in the tech industry. The courses (Blueprints) are simple to follow and understand. I feel like they are really interested in me succeeding. The only downside is the Job assistance isn't "hand-holding" or assisted. Instead they offer numerous guides, tips and resources that you can utilize for either freelancing, or finding a job. I'm halfway through my All Access Career and already excited in the potential for starting in a new career.

• Lara Davis • Student

Skillcrush is the best of all worlds when it comes to learning styles.

Each lesson is designed in a way that it hits all different learning styles.  They combine videos with text transcripts, texted lessons with great resources to learn on your own.  Also, you have access to office hours, feedback sessions and Google groups.  No matter the question or roadblock you encounter there is a way to learn and the suites your style of absorbing and retaining information.

They give you all the tools to set you up for success because in the real world when you don't know something you will need to know how to find the answers.  I work with a web designer and developer who is completely self-taught and his best advice to me was 'know where to find the answers'.  Skillcrush is excellent at teaching you what you need to know to become a web developer/designer but they are even better at teaching you where to find the answers.

The class I am on right now is very challenging and some of the material does not match up with each other.  But I know other students have had the same issue and I am learning to form them and working the problems.  I would have to say I am actually pushing myself harder with this class because of these issues and I have been using all the recourses Skillcrush provides.

All in all, I would recommend Skillcrush to anyone who wants to make a change in their career.  I have received great support for a great network of people from the instructors to my fellow classmates. I have done self-paced learning before and this is by far the best experience I have ever had.

Skillcrush is amazing and I highly recommend it.

• Mr.
    - 5/20/2017
    Lombard Potgieter • Cap./ Skipper • Applicant

Hi all future Skillcrushers.

All my fiends call me Lam and i'm a master mariner RYA/MCA.

I absolutely love the quality, high standards and great support of the whole Skillcrush Team. I cant fault them on any thing and absolutely recommend any of these courses !

Have a great day and Good luck.. Future Skillcrushers !

Lam

• Kelsey F. • Financial Analyst

I started taking the Wordpress Developer blueprint a few months ago and I'm loving it so far. I love the daily emails that bring more structure and accountability to the program than I've found in other online coding schools. The feminine slant is also really nice--I know, it's code, but it doesn't have to be so dry! Skillcrush proves that.

The one thing I'd love to see from Skillcrush is an app. It'd be really helpful to be able to download and watch the videos during my commute so that I'm ready to get coding when I get home.

• Wordpress Bootcamp
    - 5/12/2017
    Roxanne • Virtual Assistant & Computer Repair Technician • Student

I've been going through the first couple weeks of the Wordpress Bootcamp which covers several topics I've wanted to learn for a while, and I absolutely love it! The instructions are clear, the challenges and lessons are fun, and the best part- the amazing community built through these courses. The instructors are very encouraging and eager to jump in with constructive criticism and suggestions when any of the students ask for help.

In the few lessons I've completed, I already feel like I've learned so much more than what I did when I was trying to teach myself on my own. I only had an extremely limited knowledge of HTML and CSS before starting the class, so it's been very refreshing to see how far I've come already. The resources and help they offer have been extremely valuable, and I love the fact that it stays available to you.

The relaxed atmosphere and the ability to complete the lessons at your own pace creates a comfortable place to really dig into the courses and still be able to manage other activities without feeling the guilt if you have to skip a day like I do! The other major plus I've found is the overall friendliness of the instructors. Being the painfully shy introvert that I am, I tend to avoid groups and video calls as intensely as I can. The camaraderie I felt when the students and instructors started posting in the "Introduce yourself" Google group was pretty much instant and I found myself actually eager to get to know everyone and be a part of the community.

In short, if you're looking for courses that will teach you what you want to know in a fun and energizing way, a community of varied students who cheerfully offer advice and support, a fantastic group of positive and encouraging instructors, then Skillcrush is definitely the source to go to. Even if you're not looking for those things, you should still give them a try! It's definitely the best decision I've made in paving the way to the career I've always dreamed of!

• Erin

I recently started in the 9-month WordPress Bootcamp. It's comprised of three different blueprints - Front End Development, WordPress Developer, Visual Design.  I think the daily lesson plans are appropriately planned to accommodate a full time working schedule; neither too fast or too slow.   The instruction is succinct and I like their blend of following a template, or fillin in the blank, with the student also providing content to learn each aspect.

The staff and other students are always accessible.  I am so pleased that I registered!

• Gabriela

I very much enjoyed my Visual Design Blueprint class so far -- as a low-income woman it was very hard for me to imagine learning these technical and design skills without spending tons of money. In addition, the tech realm is so heavily male that, unfortunately, I didn't feel welcomed, reflected, or supported in many other spaces that offer these kinds of teachings. Skillcrush creates a fun, supportive learning environment for folks who are trying to start out in the tech and design worlds and are daunted by the apparent massiveness of all they don't know. I was especially pleased that this is a go-at-your-own-pace space, where I could choose when to listen to the courses and do the assignments, yet could still find support through the Google Groups and other spaces. The instructors and TAs are very responsive and the courses are clear and easy to follow along -- I'm personally amazed by how much I've learned without it feeling like a huge challenge.

The one thing I'd warn folks about is that, while the class is $399 (which is INCREDIBLY cheap compared to similar class offerings elsewhere) you will have to spend some extra money on additional applications needed for the course (for Visual Design, this includes Adobe or similar programs, along with other tools should you choose to use them).

• Sign- up today!
    - 4/30/2017
    Crystal Vera | Digital Marketing Specialist • Digital Marketing Specialist • Student

Hey! If you're thinking about Skillcrush and you're sort of on the fence, it's time to take the plunge and sign up! Whatever is holding you back, let help@skillcrush.com know what it is, and they can answer all your questions. The skills I've learned from Skillcrush - along with persitance and drive- helped me get out of retail and into tech. Two years ago I was a store manager, now I'm a digital marketer. The course adds a lot of value, especially as you learn and grow in the industry, you will realize how much this knowledge helps you. For improvement, I would ask that skillcrush create a part of their site to code as many projects as possible for practice, and possibly add some games or real-world scenarios like codeacademy. As of right now, there's only a little space for that. I would love to keep refreshing my skills without having to retake the entire course, for example. I also love that I can take one class at a time at my own pace. Originally I just took the Web Designer Blueprint, but I recently started back up with the Wordpress Bootcamp, which starts this month. I am so excited! Thank you Skillcrush!

• Margaret Wilder

As a developer, I took this course expecting to get a better understanding of design concepts.  I was impressed with the level of detail this course provided.  Skillcrush provided a structured and challenging curriculum.  I came away from the course with not only a great understanding of design concepts and tools, I find that I really enjoy web design and plan on studying it further.

• Michael N • Student

Where do I start?  I'm so glad that I found this online school.  When I was looking at coding classes and schools, I wanted to join a school in which I could follow the instruction easily and I wanted to be relatively affordable.  I'm just getting to end of my first class and I'm so excited to go further into my blueprint.  I'm in the wordpress bootcamp and so far I'm really impressed with the instruction.  The instructors are so cool and the instructional videos are really fun and entertaining to watch.  I have no complaints.  Skillcrush is definitely worth the money and time. I'm having so much fun learning.