skillcrush-logo

Skillcrush

Skillcrush

Skillcrush is a woman-owned, independent, online coding & design school founded in 2012. Skillcrush offers both free and paid programs, including the self-paced Break Into Tech + Job Guarantee program, which prepares students for entry-level positions in front end development and design. Skillcrush is on a mission to empower career changers — with a special focus on women and BIPOC — with the technical skills they need to transition into higher-earning, more fulfilling and flexible careers in tech.

Students who enroll in the Break Into Tech program will have access to both the Front End Developer and Designer career tracks. The curriculum covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, Github, visual design fundamentals, and more. Once students complete the technical skill building portion of the Break Into Tech (about 16-20 weeks), they receive 180 days of hands-on job search support including 1-on-1 and group coaching, and the opportunity to interview with Skillcrush employer partners.

Skillcrush is an open enrollment school, so no application is necessary. Skillcrush has trained over 20,000 students, and has an over 90% success rate of placing students in qualified jobs with an average time to get hired of 8-10 weeks.

Skillcrush offers tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. Skillcrush encourages students to email hello@skillcrush.com to discuss payment options.

Recent Skillcrush Reviews: Rating 4.8

all (412) reviews for Skillcrush →

Recent Skillcrush News

Read all (10) articles about Skillcrush →
  • (1) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Front End Developer Track

Our Front End Developer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero coding knowledge to being a job ready front end developer with skills in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, and React with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499
    Refund / GuaranteeJob Guarantee: Full refund if you have not received a "qualified" job offer within 180 days of starting your job search. Satisfaction (No Regrets!) Guarantee: If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase within 14 days, we will refund your money.
    ScholarshipWe offer tuition assistance for people who are unemployed, full-time students, and current or former military service members. If any of these describe you, we encourage you to email hello@skillcrush.com to ask if you qualify.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for beginners with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • (2) Break Into Tech Program + Job Guarantee: Designer Track

HTML, Design, CSS
    OnlinePart Time
    Our Designer course is an online, self-paced, comprehensive job training program that includes 180 days of career support and is backed by our job guarantee. In as little as three months, you’ll go from zero design knowledge to being a job ready designer with skills in web and visual design fundamentals, branding and identity design, and HTML and CSS with our accessible, fun, and expertly designed coursework — which includes tons of real-world practice and 1-on-1 instructor support and mentorship. Once you’re job ready, you’ll enter our program’s Get Hired portion, where you’ll receive 180 days of job search support, including 1-on-1 coaching on your resume, portfolio, and interviewing skills. You’ll also learn our unusual — but extremely effective — job search strategy, attend weekly group coaching and communicate with your career coaches and fellow job seekers via Slack and email, and have the opportunity to talk to Skillcrush employer hiring partners. We’re so confident in our process that we'll fully refund your entire program fee if you haven’t received a qualified offer within 180 days of starting your job search.
    Tuition PlansMake 12 monthly payments of $229 or one payment of $2499.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis program is perfect for career changes with zero design or coding experience.
    Prep WorkNone
  • Ashren • Student
    I've been trying to teach myself coding, but it's a lot harder than I was expecting. I considered attending a bootcamp, but just couldn't afford $15,000 for it. Skillcrush has been amazing with support, feedback, an online community, and the content is great! I love the video explanations, reading for a refresher, then you do some exercises leading up to your project. I've only been enrolled for about a week or so and I really feel like this has been a great investment for myself already! I can't wait to see what else is in store for me!
  • Jana J. • Student

I've been studying Break Into Tech course for about a month. What a thrill! The lessons are very well structured and explained. As a student who previously tried some other tech teaching platforms online I can say that Skillcrush team explains things and makes you understand concepts much better - there was few subjects that just I couldn’t understand completely and just moved on without understanding them. The instructors are very helpful and very dedicated to help students to solve their problems or explain things!

Now Skillcrush has made everything clear and I’m already feeling much more confident about my basic skills than before. And I cannot wait each day to study more and get to learn new things to become full time developer.

Keep it up, dear Skillcrush team! You make studying so exciting and showing how tech life could actually look like. Thank you! :) J.
  • Gina C.

The Break into Tech blueprint is such an amazing program! I am learning so much that I am already applying to real world situations with my current job. I would (and have!) recommended this program to anyone looking to break into the tech industry!

• Skillcrush
    - 9/3/2019
    Eric • Student

I got the break into tech package and it has been nothing short of great so far!  It has a great pace, good community that is quick to help. I recommend it to anyone that has a interest in tech.

- 8/11/2019
    Amber W.

I am currently still in my courses but joining Skillcrush has been the best thing for me. I knew I wanted a career change and I knew I wanted to get into the tech industry. After reading online about various companies I found Skillcrush and knew it was the perfect match for me! I love how I have access to my blueprint forever, the feedback and support you get from instructors, and how the community on slack really help each other!

• EJenn

I agonized over taking the Break Into Tech Blueprint for several weeks before I decided to jump in with both feet, as I had a lot of FEAR and SELF-DOUBT about getting into tech as I did not have a technical background and I really did not think I could learn to code as quickly and easily, but THANKS to Skillcrush that has all changed. I took a chance and started with the FREE bootcamp before I made the investment into the Blueprint courses. I'm glad I took a chance and here’s the reasons why I decided to try Skillcrush and would recommend to anyone wanting to get into the tech industry especially women.

• Course material is easy to learn and to follow along with the instructor – good balance between videos, challenges, tutorials, resources, and quizzes to help in retaining the material.
    • Flexibility to learn at your own pace.
    • Collaboration and support received from the Skillcrush team and the Slack community is very helpful when learning new skills.
    • Reviews and encouragement from the team is positive.
    • Getting a lot of material in the Blueprint packages for the money.
    • Availability of courses whenever you need them – they never go away.

Eventhough, at this point I'm still in the first phase of the courses I feel like I have learned alot of new skills that I can use as a great starting point for the direction that I want to go in the next phase of my new career in the tech industry.

• A life-saver
    - 7/24/2019
    Brandan Lee H. Leroche • Student

In my life I have worn a number of hats, chased the dreams of others, and was never happy. I began my tech journey on a whim a number of years ago, and thought, "hey HTML sounds nice" and so I learned but did not do anything with it. Fast forward a number of years later I was wondering what my next step was going to be as my stomach would not allow me to be a financial planner anymore. Through, a lot of reading I discovered the tech school with a heart, and have never looked back. To me the program structure is straight forward, and the explanations are perfect. The assignments make you think, and allow you to have a personality while doing it. Each day I know I will be challenged, inspired, and work for a long time without realizing it. Skillcrush cares, and honestly it makes all of the difference. If you do not know where to go, or which school to do, look no more - Skillcrush is the answer. You're probably wondering: there is so much to the tech world, where do I begin? Well again, Skillcrush is the answer. In the free camp (everyone do it) you take a quiz that tells you via your strengths this area may be the one for you, and while you are in the camp you get a taste of each area. It is no longer like trying to drink water from a broken pipe; Skillcrush sits you down, offers you a bottle of water, and talks to your strengths, builds up the areas you do not know, and makes you see that if you are going to do something - you might as well do it with some love. Skillcrush saved my life; and it can do the same for you.

• Best school so far
    - 7/19/2019
    Campean Ciprian • Student

I`ve been trying lots of similar IT courses, programming programms or IT academys in the last 6 years, some of them good enough, but what distinguish Skillcrush among them is: the constant preoccupation for the student progress, well organized learning platform, step by step learning process which is very important because it`s easy to finish classes by your own, lots of necessary resources, updated IT technologies - you don`t waste your time in searching and learning what is new in the field, good teachers and at last but not least in my short review, Lifetime acces. It`s worth every penny...

• Mr
    - 7/14/2019
    Odutola Odunaiya

I am enrolled in the BIT Blueprint. Didn't know what to expect to be honest because I do not have a tech background. I am having the best time!!! The lessons are broken down phenomenally and when I get stuck, they have my back and are super with prompt responses. I would recommend them in a heartbeat and you may not be able to tell but I'm stoked to be a Skillcrusher!

• Joseph Cannestra • Student

Skillcrush blueprints are the perfect way for me to pick up new tech skills.

I was enrolled in a online university working toward an associates degree with an emphasis on IT.  After taking several courses, I had basically only learned how to write papers and powerpoints on the subject matter, but had gotten ZERO experience or practice DOING anything.

Skillcrush throws you right into coding from the very beginning.  I learned more skills and had greater understanding (and confidence!) in the first two weeks than I did after taking three 5-week long college courses.  Also, the entire Break Into Tech blueprint was about the same cost as one college course.

I also appreciate that Skillcrush is 100% self-paced.  There are guidelines on how long it should take you to do certain courses, but there are no hard deadlines or due dates.  If life happens, you can take a day off with no remorse or suffering grades.

Skillcrush requires you to have self-disipline and good time-management skills to be successful.

If you are ready to work hard and want to jump straight into immediately learning new skills, there is no better option than Skillcrush!

• Christine

I highly recommend the Skillcrush WordPress Developer Blueprint!  The classes are informative, fun and flow in a way that I feel is great for working through the material and digesting the information.  Very positive and relatable approach backed up by instructors who are encouraging and provide feedback and answeres to questions.

So far, I have completed 103-Introduction to WordPress and I am looking forward to moving on to Skillcrush 105.  Thanks Skillcrush!

• Lauren • Student

I'm currently enrolled in the UX Design course and am really impressed and pleased with it so far. Probably the best-added feature is really the support given - the instructors respond very quickly and there are many mediums in which to get support (email, feedback challenges, slack community, and online Q&A sessions). As well, the course project is interesting and I'm happy that I'm able to leave the course with 3 projects I can add to my portfolio. In terms of the content, I find it both easy to follow, but they also provide many ways to practice the theories taught so you really feel like you're gaining experience. Overall, I am incredibly happy with the course and has made me want to take more courses from them after I'm done this one because I love the environment so much