sit-learning-logo

SIT Learning

Munich, Online, Zurich

SIT Learning

SIT Learning is a one-stop destination for management and technology education, and offers full-time and part-time bootcamps and short courses both on-site in Zurich and Munich, Switzerland as well as online. SIT Learning offers bootcamps in full stack software development, data science, UX/UI design, and management analytics as well as short courses in cybersecurity, blockchain, cloud computing, DevOps, product management, and more. SIT Learning focuses on democratizing IT and management education to enhance Switzerland, an important technology hub within Europe.

SIT Learning aims to give students the chance to become programmers no matter their stage in life. Many Full Stack Development participants are beginners with some or no prior coding experience, while the Data Science students may have picked up basic programming in academia or while working within the industry.

SIT Learning's career services team coaches students and aims to match graduates with potential employers. Graduates have been hired by companies like eBay, Novartis, Swiss International Airlines, AvaWomen, Swisscom, and many other startups in Switzerland.

SIT Learning was formerly known as SIT Academy and Propulsion Academy.

Recent SIT Learning Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (113) reviews for SIT Learning →

Recent SIT Learning News

• Blockchain

Cryptocurrency, Blockchain
  • Data Science

LocationOnline, Munich, Zurich
    Learn the concepts of data analytics (Machine Learning, NLP, Deep Learning, Experimental Design, ...) and build solutions using technologies such as R and Python.
    DepositUpon enrollment, you are required to pay a non-refundable CHF 3,500 deposit to reserve your seat in the program. You will have 5 days after signing the enrollment agreement to then pay your deposit.
    Tuition PlansThe remaining balance is due by the end of the second week of the program.
    Prep WorkMust be completed before class start - takes 25 - 40 hours on average to complete.
  • Data Science (Part-Time)

• Full-Stack Web Development

LocationOnline, Munich, Zurich
    Students will learn how to build web-based applications (client-side, database, programming with JavasScript and Python, and deployment).
  • Full-Stack Web Development (Part-Time)

CSS, Front End, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript, Python
  • Machine Learning

Machine Learning
  • Python Programming

Python
    CostCHF1,600
    Along with being the fastest growing programming language, Python is the language of choice for building data science. In this remote course you will get an in-depth hands on understanding of Python fundamentals from beginner to advanced level. This online course is for anyone new to Python with an interest in programming. This course will start with an introduction to Python and end with object oriented fundamentals. Along with fundamentals you will learn about Python data structures, automatically scraping data from the web, working with APIs (Google Maps, Twitter), create your own APIs using Flask, use Python with databases, and last but not least use python for generating automated reports. The course will end with a mini-project on the topic of your choice.
    Minimum Skill LevelThe only prerequisite is that you are new to Python and have an interest in programming
    Prep WorkNo.
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp

User Experience Design, Design
    CostCHF9,200
  • Nick
    I attended the Data Science Bootcamp in 2022. Excellent teachers and challenging curriculum which covered many areas in Machine Learning and AI. I learned tremendously and enjoyed my time there. Last but not least, the Bootcamp definitely helped me in landing a job in the field. Would definitely recommend it!
  • Riccardo Mazzucchelli • Full -Stack developer • Student
    Hello this is Riccardo

It is amazing what you can learn within three months time frame.
    It is like a Tesla 0 to 100 in a couple of second, although the bootcamp is great, please be aware that this
    will take full dedication and full commitment of your time and life if you really want to succeed.
    You stress level will be challenged too so make sure you have a way to steam out from time to time.

Despite all of this I was able to get an internship right after the bootcamp and get hired by the end of it.

So definitively a positive and life changing experience.

Highly recommend
  • Alex Lengyel • Graduate
    My overall experience with SIT Academy was great. This bootcamp is for anyone who is really determined, motivated, hard worker and can afford it.
    They teach technologies that are in demand right now but you have to sacrifice all of your time for 3 months if you want to be a junior developer after the bootcamp and I am not exaggerating at all. If you don’t put the hours in it then you will be lost because the lessons build upon the previous one.
    Their curriculum is well planned and super efficient in my opinion. I can suggest them anytime.

(I had no degree or any programming knowledge before the bootcamp and I don’t even speak German. 1 year later after the bootcamp I am a Software Engineer Intern at Adobe and I earned this position without any connection.)
  • Anselme Borgeaud • Quantitative Investment Graduate • Graduate
    I came from Academia with a PhD in seismology, and was hired at Pictet Asset Management just before then end of SIT data science bootcamp. What I learned at SIT Academy was really valuable during the interview process and afterward. SIT Academy alumni network was also a big help as I could receive advices from an alumni working at the company I was applying for. Looking back these were three great months in Zurich, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone considering joining the class.
  • Mario Kovacs • Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer
    The SIT Bootcamp is a game-changer for anyone who wants to change their career path or just expand their skillset. They provide very skilled and professional instructors as well as an extensive set of useful materials. Unlike other course providers, SIT Academy has an excellent network with the industry, allowing the students to find the ideal company to work for after the Bootcamp. I especially liked the mentorship program, where each student has their own mentor guiding them through every step of the application process.
  • Karim • Software Engineer at HYLL AG • Graduate
    I decided to enrol in SIT Academy's Full-Stack Web Development program in order to further improve my knowledge, and to gain the exposure that I knew I needed in order to be ready for the challenging demands of the software development market, as I was aiming to transition into a new role as a software engineer.

Since my first day in the program, I knew that it was the right choice to be there. The instructors are extremely helpful, and also quite knowledgeable. They do their best to ensure that everyone understands the curriculum and gets the best out of it. The assignments were rather challenging, but they're designed in a way that helps you learn and understand the logic behind every line of code that you write, and not just memorise things without understanding them. They helped me find my path as a backend/devops engineer, and I will forever be grateful to their wonderful team for that!

Pros:
    • Excellent teachers.
    • The curriculum is well-structured and some of the assignments are very challenging (in a good way).
    • Everyone is passionate about what they do, which makes the overall experience fantastic!
    • You get to learn soft skills along the way! (working in a team, dealing with different personalities and so on).
    • They help establish your presence on LinkedIn and other platforms where you could land your dream job.

Cons:
    • If you're attending the class remotely, you could face some technical issues sometimes. (probably something that got fixed anyway!)
  • Karim • Software Engineer at HYLL AG • Graduate
    I've always had a passion for software development. The fact that one could use their software development knowledge to fuel their creativity and bring their ideas to life through applications that can make peoples' lives easier and more productive has always pushed me to learn more and more about how it all works.

I decided to enrol in SIT Academy's Full-Stack Web Development program in order to further improve my knowledge, and to gain the exposure that I needed in order to be ready for the challenging demands of the software development market.

Since my first day in the program, I knew that it was the right choice to be there. The instructors are extremely helpful, and also quite knowledgeable. They do their best to ensure that everyone understands the curriculum and gets the best out of it. The assignments were rather challenging, but they're designed in a way that helps you learn and understand the logic behind every line of code that you write, and not just memorise things without understanding them. They also help their students build their portfolios/networks in order to be able to find their place in the job market.

Pros:
    • Excellent teachers.

Cons:

• Gian Hess • Junior Software Developer • Graduate

At the start of 2021 I have never written a line of code, at the start of 2022 I started as a Junior Software Developer in Zurich.

I applied to SIT Academy for a change in my carrier after working in the insurance industry for five years. I had zero prior knowledge up to the moment I applied.  After I passed the interviews SIT Academy gave me access to a bunch of preparation work which really helped giving a basic understanding of coding and setting a level to excel from during the bootcamp.

The bootcamp is very demanding as there is so much to learn. I really enjoyed the teaching method used by SIT Academy as they give lessons during the mornings and in the afternoons you are free to do as many exercises as you wish to help you understand the topics taught. We also worked on three big projects which you can put into your portfolio and show to potential employers.

In the end and after the bootcamp the SIT Academy team will help you prepare your ideal CV and will support you finding a job as a developer.

I would highly recommend SIT Academy to everyone who wants to change career paths or wants to learn a new skill. You need to be motivated as you will gain extra knowledge according to the work you are willing to put in.
  • Patrick • Frontend Developer • Graduate
    Great experience, helped me get a great job within 2 months after the course!
  • Pedro Pereira • Data Scientist • Graduate
    This boot-camp sets you up with the fundamentals of coding and data science with the preparatory work, slowly ramping up over the course of the course and it finishes off by providing an opportunity to bring your newly-acquired skills to life in collaboration with external companies. I really enjoyed the structure of the lectures, the exercise sessions and the support given to us by the tutors. I also made great friends and made sure to enjoy all the way through. :)
  • Data Science
    - 9/28/2021
    Elena Aguado • Machine Learning Engineer
    Propulsion Academy's full-time Data Science Bootcamp is without a doubt one of the most intense learning experiences I have ever had. For 3 months, I was taught all the necessary skills about statistics, programming with R and python, machine learning, deep learning, NLP and machine learning engineering. All this along with by many practical examples, supervised by teacher assistance and instructors. The instructors were up to date with the latest technologies, as many are currently working in the field.

I attended 100% remote and everything worked perfectly.

The academy has a wide network of contacts in Switzerland, which allowed me, at the end of my training, to do a real project for a startup in the health industry and a few months later to start my new job as a Machine Learning Engineer.

• Vaios Vlachos • Data Scientist / Performance Engineer • Graduate
    As a person working in the data field, and having no prior experience with Machine Learning, I have to say that the Applied Machine Learning course is a must for people that want to get up to speed with Machine Learning fast.

Really well organized course, that covers all the basic knowledge that a person needs around Machine Learning: from Unsupervised and Supervised learning to local and full deployment of models, the Applied Machine Learning course covers all the points that are listed in the description.

I was really happy with:
    • The curriculum of the course: Wide variety of topics, covered everything a person needs to know when starting to get involved with Machine Learning
    • The structure of the lessons: Each lesson had a lecture part and a hands-on part, where we tackled real life problems and applied the knowledge we got from the lectures. I cannot say which one of these two is the most important but what I can say is that their exact combination is really well thought and applied. Each lesson I learned something new and I had the chance to see it in action.
    • The course materials: The structure of the materials was amazing. Slides and videos of the lessons, python notebooks with the solutions of the examples, etc. There was never a time that I needed something and I felt I couldn't find it.
    • Videos of the lectures: I put this in a new bullet because I think it is one of the best features of the course. The fact that I have the opportunity to rewatch the lectures or the hands-on examples at a time of my choosing is invaluable. This was a great help throughout the course, especially when I was working on my final project
    • Teaching staff: Both Dipanjan and Albin are key pieces of the course's success. Dipanjan is such a good teacher, with a deep knowledge around Machine Learning. His pace was good, his teaching style was nice and made everything understood. I liked the fact that he encouraged us to discuss and ask questions. He wouldn't continue until he knew we understood each point. I learned a lot from him and I wouldn't change him for another teacher. Albin was also a key role for this course. His support on the course and on me was big. There was never a time that a request would be unanswered. He would always assist us in every way he could. It was nice to have a person like Albin as teaching support. Without him I wouldn't have been able to finish my final project.

Overall I am really pleased with the course. I got up to speed with Machine Learning and I enjoyed my time. Right after the course I was able to start working on Machine Learning projects in my company.
    Even though I am 100% happy with the course, there are some topics that concerned me. If you could take them into consideration ,and work something out of them, then you would have a nice improvement of the course.

I was concerned with:
    • The pace of the course in combination with the size of the curriculum: In my opinion the curriculum is absolutely perfect. Nothing should be removed from that. But the time was a bit limited. Six weeks are not enough to cover all the subjects in a nice pace. This meant we had to always be on our toes and there was no room for distraction. As it happens with these after work courses, there is always the case that one gets distracted for some time, due to fatigue. Then you lose track of the topic and, since we are discussing advanced theoretical topics with a lot of details, it is hard to catch up and get back on track. I would suggest maybe add a week or two, if possible, to the course. This would enable you to keep a more relaxed pace, suited for all the students
    • Coding prerequisites: Even though it is self implied that in order to participate one should have a basic to intermediate knowledge of Python, still this might not be the case. In my case, since I have been working for a long time with Python, NumPy and Matplotlib, I had no problem focusing only on the new knowledge I got. But for a student who has little experience with Python, the course can be overwhelming and there could be even the case of dropping out. I would suggest, if you do extend the course length, you could use the first week as a crash course week on Python and the required libraries
    • Long lessons:  The two 3-hour lessons is probably not the optimal combination. Most of the times, after the lecture, there is a lot of information to digest and it is hard to keep up with the hands-on examples. A good solution to that could be three 2-hour lessons where the first two are used for lectures (and maybe small examples) and the third one is used for hands-on examples and personal working time.
    • Little time for personal work after the lecture: I think the course would really benefit with some extra time. There were cases that we had no time to work on our own in the lesson, because the lecture and the hands-on example would take 2.5 hours of the lesson.
    • Adding small breaks in between: On each lecture some small 5 minute breaks would be highly appreciated. Like this the student gets the chance to refocus and get back to the lecture with a clear mind.

We managed to discuss and find a solution for the last two bullets but it would be nice if you could implement it right from the start of the course.

I am really glad that I decided to join this course and I think that it paid off 120%. I would really recommend it to anyone who is trying to get into Machine Learning!

Keep up the good job!