shecodes-logo

SheCodes

Lisbon, Online

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding bootcamps and workshops for women online. SheCodes Plus is an 8-week, part-time, front end web development bootcamp covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to include React in this advanced course, making it a 14-week online program. SheCodes also offers short 3-week beginner Online Workshops covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The beginner workshop is a prerequisite to taking the advanced workshops. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in tech programming.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the course, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.96

all (251) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Online Workshop

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Online workshop is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
    • SheCodes Plus

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
      SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. It is for students who have already completed a beginner SheCodes workshop. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Workshop. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
      3 monthly payments of $279
    • SheCodes React

React.js
      SheCodes React is available to students that have finished SheCodes Plus and would like to learn about React. It can be bought as an upgrade or as a package with SheCodes Plus. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing course work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.

• Esther Simon  User Photo
      Esther Simon • Student • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      It may have taken me 3 weeks and two days to complete the SheCodes Workshop, but this experience has taught me an insurmountable amount about tackling my fears! Each lesson pushed my knowledge in code just the right amount, to where I could then knock out the challenges bit by bit. I attribute my success as well to, Lexi D., and other members of the SheCodes.io Slack community, and especially because I was experiencing setbacks coming from a place of doubt as I reached the half-way point of the course. But, the fast responses to my inquiries as to why it was that my code wasn't working, quickly got me back into tempo, (hence the additional two days), and eventually having the confidence to face the dysfunctional coding mishaps on my behalf. After viewing their online commercial, I was a bit hesitant at first to consider spending the $99 that course would cost, however after the free live-session workshop which I joined, this solidified my stance once and for all to overcome my fears and learn how to code! It truly is amazing to see that after three years following my initial attempt to complete an HTML course, SheCodes Workshop not only aided in my knowledge base of HTML, but provided me with a solid understanding of JavaScript, and CSS basics, and most of all, a motivating community--which overall factored into my successful completion of the workshop course. My advice for anyone considering to opt for SheCodes is that, realize it's a worthwhile investment that lasts a lifetime. The skills learned in this workshop shows a glimpse of an individual's forbearance, needed to succeed in life's challenges, no matter how daunting they seem to be at first.
    • Elizabeth Hadjinian  User Photo
      Elizabeth Hadjinian • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I learned about SheCodes as I started looking into Coding Bootcamps. I figured the 3 week workshop I signed up for, based on the price, would maybe be a few videos about coding with a few quizzes here and there and a small project at the end but I was pleasantly surprised that it was much more than that! The lessons broke everything down so well and almost every lesson from the beginning was followed and applied in a challenge so that you could practice at every point. You learn something every step of the way. As someone who had no experience with coding at all, this was a doable yet challenging workshop to participate in that showed you and talked about real life programs to use! I would highly recommend this workshop to anyone.
    • Anna V  User Photo
      Anna V • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Joining SheCodes was my best decision ever - this workshop has been a truly life-changing experience and I absolutely recommend it. As an Arts & Humanities graduate, I used to think coding was definitely beyond my reach, but I could not have been more wrong!! I cannot believe how much I have learned in less than a month - to be able to create a landing page from scratch a mere three weeks after downloading VS Code is simply incredible. Now I have become way more confident in my IT skills and I am looking forward to a massive career switch as front-end developer in the cultural industry - who said art & coding could not go together, after all? :)
    • Natalia Ramirez   User Photo
      Natalia Ramirez • Trade Show & Event Planner • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      “Wow! What a wild ride. I signed up for the SheCodes workshop on a whim; I'd played around with HTML/CSS and was interested in learning a bit more. This course was the perfect tool. Matt did an excellent job of breaking up the information in "bite sized" pieces and explaining it in a way that was easy to follow/understand. The challenges after each lesson help the information "stick" and the Slack channel really helps you feel like you're part of a community. I would highly recommend this workshop to anyone even remotely interested in the world of coding. I'm definitely considering doing more workshops!”
    • Loved it!
      - 9/9/2020
      Sonika  User Photo
      Sonika • Verified via LinkedIn

“I loved learning on SheCodes. Matt made the basics very clear. It was easy to understand and motivated me to learn more.

I would definitely enroll in more advanced courses with SheCodes in the future.

I am looking forward to implementing what I have learned so far and learn more.

• great course!!
      - 9/8/2020
      Anita  User Photo
      Anita • Verified via LinkedIn
      One of the most exciting and interesting courses I have ever done! 3 weeks ago I was an absolute beginner in coding and today I can see "behind the scenes" of a web page and build one! Thanks SheCodes for letting me discover the world of coding! Keep it up!
    • Gemma S  User Photo
      Gemma S • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I signed up with a very -basic- concept of html, not really knowing what to expect except from knowing I was looking for not only a personal challenge, but also a way to develop my skillset for the future. It's incredible how three weeks went by so fast! The lessons were all super clear and the challenges hard enough to get you thinking but never to the point of feeling lost. Loved my experience and can't wait to start the next workshop soon!”
    • Ana Correia  User Photo
      Ana Correia • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
       “SheCodes was more than I expected. For me, it was a great introduction to how to code because Matt made it simple and very engaging. What I thought was something hard to learn, it was actually very enjoyable and fun to do. The challenges allowed me to practice what I've learned and the weekly homework allowed me to practice it more freely. I totally recommend it to everyone who wants to try code for the first time. Can't wait to learn more.”

• Jazmine Martin  User Photo
      Jazmine Martin • Former Workshop Student • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      “I came into the workshop with some HTML knowledge. Matt's lessons were beginner-friendly and fun to learn from. The volunteers in Slack helped me solve my problems and showed how to backtrack future issues. I would recommend this course for anyone thinking about the basics of Coding or needing a refresher.”
    • Claire  User Photo
      Claire • Entrepreneur • Verified via LinkedIn
      SheCodes is an intuitive platform, the courses are accessible and really made to reveal the passion for code that lies in you. Matt has done a great job on every video and I have no doubt that this concept contributes to women's access to the coding world.
    • Yetunde Arigbede  User Photo
      Yetunde Arigbede • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I completed the three week Introduction to Coding workshop and it was such a fun way to learn to code! Everything was well explained and having the opportunity to test the knowledge you learnt in little tests and in week projects solidified what you've learnt. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to learn to code!
    • Elvira  User Photo
      Elvira • Student Verified via GitHub
       “I really loved the workshop! I never thought I would be able to understand coding but Matt explains things in a super easy way  The lessons are short and easy and you can do them whenever you have the time. If you want to learn more about coding, then this is definitely the perfect course for you!!”