shecodes-logo

SheCodes

Average Rating4.97
1143 Reviews
4 Courses

SheCodes offers online hands-on coding workshops for women. Students can choose from various workshops, including Basics, a 3-week workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript introducing students to front-end development. SheCodes offers Plus, an 8-week workshop that teaches everything in Basics along with Bootstrap, Git, GitHub, hosting, APIs, and more. SheCodes Pro is a 24-week workshop where students will learn everything in Basics and Plus, along with Responsiv...

1,143 SheCodes Reviews

• Maria Geadas
    Student • Lisbon
    Oct 02, 2019

Ladies, let's go!

Oh yes, if you, beginners like myself, think you are coming for lectures about coding, get prepared to "get your hands dirty"! You'll find yourselves actually coding since the first day. No fear (no time for it), when in panic, you just look around, and help will come. and after it, you'll probably want to keep on coding...

• Renata Dias
    Mechanical Engineer • Graduate • Lisbon
    Sep 30, 2019

SheCodes Lisbon - September

I took the 2 days workshop in Lisbon in September and it was great! I'd had already had some experience with coding in college, but only somewhat superficial. Coming from so many different places and backgrounds, it was amazing on how much progress we all made in just two days. The environment was pretty relaxed and everyone from the event organization was super nice and always available to help. For women who are interested in learning more about coding, I think this workshop is a great w...

• Tanja
    Lisbon
    Sep 10, 2019

Excellent Training!

I had no clue about coding. After this workshop I fastly realized, that I really like it and I am able to do it! Matt and his team are great! The training was hard, but I learned so much, and I want to continue: So I decided to join SheCodes+ in Lisbon.

SheCodes provides you any time the content of the courses and Matt is really good in teaching. His team always provides a great support. With chats you are aleways in touch with everyone and you can exchange questions and knowledg...

• Pauline
    Applicant
    Aug 08, 2019

Great online workshop!

I attended the online training pilot for 1 month, and I thought the format was really great!
    As I was working at the same time I thought this class was flexible and well explained.
    We had one live classes per week and then we could learn independently during the week and create our own project.
    There is a slack channel in case we need help, and Matt is a really good teacher.
    I really enjoyed it and it made me want to learn even more!

• Zeynep Tangil
    Student • Lisbon
    Aug 05, 2019

SheCodes Lisbon Workshop

Workshop was an amazing experience and it is unbelievable how much we have learned during two days! I had no previous knowledge about coding, but it was easy to follow the instructions as we have learned step by step and able to practice on spot. It is a tense weekend but so much fun so recommend anyone who has an interest!

• Sofia Casenave
    Project Manager • Graduate • Lisbon
    Jul 30, 2019

Great Experience!

When I started this workshop I didn't know anything about code. Matt managed to explain everything in a very approachable, sucint and humored way. The fact that we made many exercises helped me a lot to apply the knowledge recently acquired. After this wonderful weekend I understand a lot better what coding means and its huge power and possibilities if we pursue this career in the future. It definitely gave me the boost I needed and the will to keep learning HTML, CSS and Javascript! If an...

• Sofia Nunes
    Jul 29, 2019

SheCodes Workshop

SheCodes made me develop a taste for coding which I didn't realize I had! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to expand their knowledge of coding and front-end development

• Dora
    QA Funcional Tester • Student
    Jul 15, 2019

My firts step to my new career!

I had a 2 day workshop about the basics of coding, in Decembre 2018. I dont have any background in the IT career, in fact i studied phychology.

Matt was the instructor i'm so gratefull for that. It was intense but i feel that I learned a lot.

Now, i work as QA, i still have a lot to learn but i feel that She Codes workshop give me the motivation and the strenght to carry on.

Thank you so much to all of SheCodes team :D

Dora

...

• Silviana Uta
    Online Project Manager • Graduate • Lisbon
    Jul 03, 2019

Great learning experience

SheCodes was one of the best experiences I have with workshops/courses - probably my excitement and the fact that we were a group of women added up to it.

I am a fan of fast-paced, hands-on courses, that is what works best for me in terms of learning. In this sense, SheCodes fits perfectly my learning style. During the weekend we managed to get the basics of coding, had plenty of exercises meant to help us understand better the concepts and in the end finished with an assignment ...

• Carina Freitas
    Software Tester • Applicant
    Jul 01, 2019

Awesome

Two days that passed really fast. We had an introduction to HTML, CSS and javascript that allowed us to understand how they work and how they are integrated with each other. As a software tester, I saw some improvements in my day-to-day work. I must recommend this workshop to anyone who wants to start programming

• Sara Mota
    Student
    Jun 23, 2019

A start of something new!

Last December I took the SheCodes workshop just for fun, to learn something new. Now, I'm starting my new career in programming!

The worshop was a very enriching experience and a lot of fun. Matt can make it seem like coding is easy :)

I fell in love with programming, right away. I recommend to any woman who wants to learn to code, even if it is to renew concepts. For me it was the beginning of a new adventure!

• Tatiana Salvador
    Lisbon
    Jun 17, 2019

Uncomplicating code and fascinating you!

It will give you all the basis of HTML, CSS and JavaScript and what you need to make a conscious decision, if you want coding to be part of your life. If you are afraid to be bored, don’t!  The speaker will lead you to a fun learning experience! You will be dazzled by what you learnt and the results of what you can do afterall!

SheCodes Alumni Outcomes

Recent SheCodes News

Liz Eggleston
Published February 19, 2022
Women have historically been left out of tech careers and education – only 21% of undergraduate computer science degrees were awarded to women in 2019. But bootcamps are different – women make up 36% of coding bootcamp alumni, and while the industry hasn't quite achieved gender parity, the percentage of women improves year over year (41% in 2020!) and continues to outpace the percentage of wo...