shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (991) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Basics

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
  • SheCodes Plus

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Git, GitHub
    SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    3 monthly payments of $299
  • SheCodes Pro

React.js, CSS, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    6 monthly payments of $249
  • Ana Almeida • Mechanical Engineer • Graduate
    The best choice i made!
    I participated in the SheCodes 7.0 event over the weekend (4-5 April) and i have never had a better learning expirence. The challenges get harder but you always have full support from the Team and other students.
    I wish we could do this every weekend, i mean, there's always something else you could learn, right?
    The workshop was fully online and it all went smothly.
    Highly recommend!
  • About SheCodes
    - 4/8/2020
    Lisa Silva
    ❗❗For start, I just wanto to thank to the amazing team of SheCodes 💜
    I will be honest with you (or whatever is reading this) SheCodes has one of the bests teams I've ever seen in a long time 👌 They work all together just for one propose: teaching us (and well, very well) coding 💻
    This intensive workshop during this weekend it was one of the amazest I had (and I took several courses online that meets my interests), and this one...oh guys... I just have to tell you, is by far the best 💯
    Although, this weekend workshop it was supposed to be with presential learning, I just have to congratulate ALL THE TEAM 👏 for the speed of adaptation to make it an online course because of covid-19, they were so fast to adapat but they didn't lose the efficiency and the content of ANYTHING, once however 💪
    I'm more than proud that I had the chance to see such a great team to work in this way, and thank to them they taught me things in a way that I won't forget for sure 🤓
    ✔ And from here, it's always up ⬆ and I hope it will be with SheCodes 👩‍💻✔
  • SheCode Workshop
    - 4/7/2020
    Raffaela
    Two days full immersion in coding! It was a worthy experience. Back in days, I had some HTML and CSS classes but they were teaching in a traditional way, projecting example on the whiteboard, almost no practice. Because of the way they were teaching I gave up the idea of learning how to code. I decide to take this 2-days workshop because I was curious and I am looking for a new job opportunity. It was a great idea! This workshop was online and Matt was sharing his screen whit us while he was explaining HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, it was easy to follow. Another advantage of this workshop: we did a lot of exercises, and it was great! Because the only way to learn how to code is practice, practice and practice.
  • Jacqueline
    If you want to start learning code but are a bit scared of it, this is a great beginning! The atmosphere is light and funny, which makes something that looks so complicated, much more simple. Matt is a great instructor, and the course itself gives you enough skills to start practicing on your own! I would definitely recommend it!
  • Inspiring
    - 2/12/2020
    Marília P. • Student
    SheCodes provides great skills for women learning how to code. It is really amazing to see the final project of everyone knowing that the majority of the girls didn't know anything about coding at the beginning of the workshop. For me, most of all, SheCodes gave great motivation. It helped me trust in myself and my choice to become a developer. Overall an amazing experience. I will definitely miss it.
  • Lívia Silva • Graduate
    I really enjoyed attending SheCodes. It's a great way to start building your knowledge of programming. You will learn the basics of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript but more important it's that you also are going to start to apply there this new knowledge with exercises and projects. SheCodes is a course that helps to start your path in programming and in the tech field, with knowledge, exercises, and tips about the labor market.
  • Ana Rita Sanches • Graduate
    Participating in the SheCodes workshop was a great experience, not only because I learned to code, something that used to be a bit scary to me, but also because I got the chance to meet other girls who were also looking to know more about coding. The great thing about this workshop is that there are a lot of challenges during the day that allow you to follow the classes, and with the help of the other girls participating or even the volunteers (who are incredible!), you don't get behind. Besides, Matt is a great instructor and is willing to answer all the questions that might come up. You also have the opportunity of discussing career paths, since there are people from different backgrounds, who can give you great advice or even people who dared to change their studies/profession after attending SheCodes. In the end, there is an awesome feeling of accomplishment because, in just two days, you are capable of understanding something that used to be confusing and actually be successful at it! 😁
  • Ana Mamede
    This is a very well designed workshop that gives us a brief but complete overview of the many tools that web development can offer and also the many career possibilities that can open up if we are willing to invest consistently in a certain direction.
  • Ana Knittel • Chemical Engineer • Applicant
    I have been in an intense weekend doing a short course about starting programming in HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
    I am a Chemical Engineer willing to change my life. So, I was a bit lost on this world of new opportunities.
    With SheCodes, I found that I am really passionate about programming and although it was only two days, it was fully enough to decide that this will be my next step in my life: Learn Programming.
    So, I cannot wait until SheCodes Plus starts! Congrats to Matt Delac!
  • Lorenna Vieira • Student

It was very interesting to see how much can we do when focusing only on learning how to code. Matt created a very well structured weekend course that gives you the basic notion of creating a webpage.

The course is affordable and the pace is good even to someone that never got in touch with coding before.

• Alexandra Paulo Oliveira • Applicant

I highly recommend anyone interested to take this course. It was a wonderful and a pleasant way to be introduced to the world of coding. You quickly begin to know how to program. Matt teaches it in a simple way, step by step. You quickly learn what you thought it was unthinkable at the outset to achieve in such a short time.