shecodes-logo

SheCodes

SheCodes

SheCodes offers part-time coding workshops for women online. SheCodes offers a short 3-week Basic workshop covering HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. SheCodes also offers SheCodes Plus, an 11-week, part-time, front end web development workshop covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript (ES6), Git, GitHub, and advanced development tools taught online. There is also an option to join a 6-month Pro workshop in which students will learn all of the above, along with responsive development and React. SheCodes’ mission is to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.

SheCodes is open to complete beginners and aims to provide those who want to enter the tech industry with a basic overview of the skills needed to succeed. There are various workshop packages that students can purchase depending on their coding needs.

During the workshops, SheCodes instructors help students build projects using in-demand technologies which they can show to future prospective employers. Instructor Matt Delac is a Full-Stack Engineer specializing in JavaScript and Ruby and has worked with international tech companies such as Envato, Google, and AirBnb.

Recent SheCodes Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (989) reviews for SheCodes →

Recent SheCodes News

• SheCodes Basics

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Basics is an introduction to front-end development and development tools. It is designed for complete beginners. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help you along the way. No live classes.
  • SheCodes Plus

CSS, HTML, JavaScript, Git, GitHub
    SheCodes Plus covers advanced front-end development and development tools. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    3 monthly payments of $299
  • SheCodes Pro

React.js, CSS, Git, GitHub, HTML, JavaScript
    SheCodes Pro is for students who would like to work towards becoming a developer/engineer. Students will learn advanced Front End Development and development tools, along with responsive development and React. During the workshop, students will spend about 5 to 10 hours per week completing coding work. There will be live technical support to help students along the way. No live classes.
    6 monthly payments of $249
  • Eugenia Bonocore • Web Development Student • Graduate
    I took the 3-week Workshop at SheCodes and I had zero experience in programming as I started it. It's sort of self-paced, so I actually finished in under 3-weeks. It was so intense, so cool. I learned something completely new to me, and the videos are so well explained. The Slack community is very active and helpful. And I'm on to the next course now, SheCodesPlus here I come!
  • Patrice T • Digital Account Manager • Graduate
    The SheCodes Workshop has been a fantastic experience and I'm very excited to upgrade to SheCodes Plus to continue my coding journey and education. Matt explains all the concepts in an easy to understand way and the weekly structure with challenges and homework is a fantastic way of putting the lessons into practice. I'm looking forward to seeing what career opportunities my SheCodes knowledge brings in the future!
  • Heike Stapf • Controlling Associate • Graduate
    I really like the challenges ! Now looking for more, trying to immerse into coding! Thanks Matt & the community here.
  • Beatriz Alb • Student
    During this quarantine I've decided to improve my skills and I joined the SheCodes workshop! It was an amazing learning journey, with a lot of new knowledge and challegings. Thanks to Matt Delac and his powerfull classes I am able to create something with HTML, CSS and JavaScript. After these 3 weeks I truly feel it was just the beginning! Can't wait for reaching the next goal. I strongly recommend the Workshop!
  • Ana • Student
    I would highly recommend the 3-week workshop to anybody who is curious about coding and wants to 'dip their feet' into it and see what it's all about. The videos are clear, the challenges are well-designed, and you do not need to have any special skills to be successful in this workshop -- you just need motivation! I'll add that the workload is quite manageable, and the SheCodes community is really cool!
  • Seham Handoush • Program Coordinator @ LinkedIn • Graduate
    This has been such an incredible learning experience! I never thought in 3 weeks time I'd understand as much as I do now when it comes to coding. Thank you Matt & team for creating a platform like #shecodes to close the gender gap in this industry! I'm excited to continue learning.
    - 5/31/2020
    Larisa Ortiz
    This workshop was awesome & I had so much fun doing it! I feel so proud of myself after only 3 weeks of training. I totally recommend this workshop to anyone who is curious about coding. Thanks for the great experience and support, Matt and SheCodes team!
  • Anja • Brand Manager
    The workshop was very well structured. What I liked the most is that after every lesson there was a practical exercise. I also enjoyed weekly projects where you could implement everything what we learned over the week.
    - 5/26/2020
    Sarah • Student • Graduate
    I've been interested in coding for almost my whole life, but was scared it would be far too complicated to ever learn. SheCodes has helped me realize that coding isn't all that hard after all! There was always support on the SheCodes Slack group if it was needed.

There's something very rewarding about building something from the ground up, and I definitely felt a huge sense of pride and accomplishment every time I completed a challenge. I'm really excited to continue learning more going forward!
  • Intro to Coding
    - 5/19/2020
    Mariana Rivero • Graduate
    This workshop blew me away! The curriculum thoroughly introduces HTML, CSS, and JS. I especially enjoyed the structure and available resources. Each lesson includes a video and a challenge to practice the learned skills. The course also grants access to a messaging software that allows collaboration between students. I will continue to learn and practice more about coding!
    - 5/8/2020
    Sara Peres • Student
    “SheCodes is amazing! 🙀 I was trying to learn to code by my self for a while but after this workshop everything is clearer, and I just want to know more! I may have found a new passion 😻