school-of-it-logo

School of IT

Amsterdam, Cape Town, Cape Town, Copenhagen, Johannesburg, Lagos, London, Online, Pretoria, Seoul, Zurich

School of IT

School of IT offers both online and in person bootcamps from its campuses in Cape Town and Somerset West, South Africa. Bootcamps include Full Stack Software Development, Mobile App Development, Digital Marketing, CyberSecurity, and Data Science. Students may choose to complete the bootcamps in 12-weeks (full time) or 24-weeks (part time). All bootcamps come with courseware, including ebooks, certain software programs, and additional resources.

No prior coding or educational experience is required. Anyone with a passion for IT is welcome to apply. The bootcamps are also open to current high school students. Start times are flexible, and students may begin courses as soon as they have registered. Students can choose the days and times they want to complete coursework and interact with their mentor.

All School of IT bootcamp students will be assigned a personal mentor with whom they will work 1:1 throughout the duration of the program. Mentors will teach via interactive software and will be able to interact with students’ computer screens and assist with coding and software challenges as though they were in the same room with the student.

School of IT offers job placement assistance for all bootcamps that are between 12 and 24 weeks long. School of IT recommends that students pass international qualification exams before applying for employment.

Payment plans allow bootcamp students the option to pay in 20 hour intervals rather than paying the full cost of tuition upfront. School of IT graduates will receive a certificate of achievement upon bootcamp completion. Students may choose to take internationally recognized Microsoft, Oracle, CompTia++, and/or Adobe certification exams, but these are not required as part of the bootcamp.

Recent School of IT Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (24) reviews for School of IT →

Recent School of IT News

• AutoCad course

Design
      LocationLondon, Lagos, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Online, Pretoria, Zurich, Seoul
      Popular Computer Aided Design (CAD) programme used extensively in industry to complete drawing projects in any discipline. Used by engineers, interior designers, architects & so many more! Get internationally accredited and recognized in under 3 months by writing you exams worldwide
    • Cyber Security course

LocationLondon, Lagos, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Online
      School of IT Cybersecurity bootcamp students will learn fundamental principles of cybersecurity management, how to scan networks, and procedures for threat analysis. Cybersecurity bootcamp students will also learn how to troubleshoot various security systems and how to evaluate risks and threats. Bootcamp students will also learn AWS security and advanced AWS networking. Finally, bootcamp students will learn corporate governance, policies, and regulations that govern the world wide web. School of IT Cybersecurity students will be prepared to take industry-standard exams including Cyber Forensics Associate, CompTia CySA+, Ethical Hacking Associate, CompTia PenTest+, and CompTia Security+.
    • Data Science course

School of IT Data Science bootcamp students will learn Python, r variables, data types, decision making, loops, methods, and functions. Bootcamp students will also learn PyCharm, Python libraries, Matplotlib, SciKit Learn, NumPy, and NLTK. Data Science bootcamp students will also learn SQL, syntax, procedures, and database design and implementation. Finally, bootcamp students will learn how to build AI solutions with Azure machine learning, train a machine learning model, and automate machine learning model selection.
    • Digital Marketing course

Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing
      LocationLondon, Lagos, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Online
      School of IT Digital Marketing bootcamp students will learn how to plan online business strategies, create content to drive user engagement, and advertise using social media. Bootcamp students will also learn Google analytics and Google Adsense. IT Digital Marketing students will learn ROI and how to benchmark standards, how to track and measure web traffic, and how to implement conversion and lead strategies. Bootcamp students will also learn online marketing strategies.
    • Full Stack Software Development course

HTML, CSS, Android, iOS, Java, SQL, Python
      LocationLondon, Lagos, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Online
      School of IT Full Stack Software Development bootcamp students will learn Python, Java, HTML, CSS, and C++. Students will learn about development for iOS and Android. Full Stack Software Development students will learn classes, objects, variables, loops, decision making, error handling, compiling, and naming standards. Full Stack Software Development students will also learn databases, SQL, queries, connection types, inheritance, polymorphism, and overloading. Bootcamp students will also learn encapsulation method overriding, and IO- reading and writing to a file. Finally, bootcamp students will learn delegates, event handling, tasks, threading, multi-threading, and synchronizing.
    • Graphic Design course

LocationLondon, Lagos, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Online
      Graphic designers create visual concepts, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers. They develop the overall layout. Get internationally accredited and recognized in under 3 months by writing you exams worldwide
    • Mobile App Development course

HTML, PHP, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, Android, iOS, Java, MVC, SQL, Python
      LocationLondon, Lagos, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Online
      School of IT Mobile App Development bootcamp students will learn C# and Python programming, C++ development, and VB programming. Students will learn PHP server side processing and JQuery and JavaScript client side processing. Students will learn to develop apps for both iOS and Android. Mobile App Development students will also learn Java, HTML, CSS, ASP.NET MVC, and .NET framework. Students will be prepared for the internationally recognized App Development with Swift Certification Level 1 and the MCSD Microsoft certification.
    • Programming courses

MySQL, C#, JavaScript, ASP.NET, Unity, Java, Front End, Ruby, Swift, MVC, SQL, Python
      Questions to ask yourself about Programming Courses? Are the Programming Courses in demand? – Definitely yes and very HIGHLY. Not to mention there’s a real shortage of developers in the workplace. Thus creating a massive demand for software development courses. In addition the top 3 jobs in South Africa today is Software Development or programming. Not to mention Android Development, Java Development, C# Programming, c++ programming (pronounced c plus plus), python programming, vb programming as well as Web Development. Is what I learn relevant and of value? – Definitely Yes. In fact it’s current and furthermore you learn from experienced developers/lecturers. In addition with strong programming content. Can I get a job as a Software Developer after? – Definitely yes. In addition study further towards your Microsoft Exams, Oracle, Microsoft Python Certificate or even Azure Data Science certification! (internationally accredited and recognized).
    • Software Development course

There’s a real shortage of developers in the workplace. Thus creating a massive demand for our software development courses . Not to mention the top 3 scarce jobs in worldwide today is development. The software development covers intro, intermiediate and advanced programming concepts. choose between, java, python, c#, c++, javascript or vb as your coding language Get internationally accredited and recognized in under 6 months by writing you exams worldwide
    • Software Engineering course

HTML, PHP, C#, R, JavaScript, .NET, Django, jQuery, Java, Front End, Swift, MVC, SQL, Python
      A software engineer is a person who applies the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of computer software. The software development covers intro, intermediate and advanced programming concepts of 2 languages. Choose 2 languages: java, python, c#, c++, javascript or vb Get internationally accredited and recognized in under 6 months by writing you exams worldwide
    • SQL course

MySQL, Business Intelligence, SQL
      SQL (Structured Query Language) used to manage data held in a database. The scope of SQL includes data query, data manipulation (insert, update and delete) & data access control Get internationally accredited and recognized in under 3 months by writing you exams worldwide

• It's Amazing
      Gershwin Eiman  User Photo
      Gershwin Eiman • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I really enjoyed this course, it was very formative and flexible. I didn't have any IT experiences but this course help me a lot and the lecturer made everything clear and I have learnt very quickly. This institution is very affordable and I recommend this institution to anybody that is interested in going in the IT industry.
    • Awesome Course
      - 10/21/2020
      Lesley L  User Photo
      Lesley L • Marketing Communication | Creative Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I have no complaints about this course I did. I had a wonderful experience and learned a lot of beneficial skills that will help me progress in my career and as a creative help me to create amazing work. Thanks to my lecturer Andrew who was with me every step of the way!
    • Jéanelle Best  User Photo
      Jéanelle Best • Full Stack Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This course was INCREDIBLE ! Powerful, Effective and Pure Value for Money are a few terms which describe my wonderful experience. School Of IT is uniquely dynamic in that they are extremely flexible and fit into your time. My mentor/lecturer Yadhir was very enthusiastic and provided an interactive practical learning experience which allowed me to gain the knowledge I needed. I had a remarkable time with Yadhir on behalf of the School Of IT. I can't wait to grow further in my IT Career as a Software Engineer. I highly recommend this course with no debate, I will rate this course a 10 out of 10!

YES! All the knowledge I wanted and more. I gathered a bundle of fundamentals and Software Industry Knowledge. Before I started the course I only knew HTML and a little bit of CSS. However, after my course I acquired the solid foundation of software full stack engineering. This solid foundation will easily allow me to expand my knowledge.

My Lecturer Yadhir is currently a Professional Software Engineer in the industry. This experience added to the job-ready skills Yadhir has shared with me. A few characteristics will be discovered by anyone who knows Yadhir are that he is:

- Extremely knowledgeable in the material he teaches

- Creates a culture of learning

- Teaches problem solving skills critical for any Software Engineer

- Genuinely Passionate about Software Engineering

- Open to the idea of Dynamic Learning

My time at the School Of IT was definitely value for my money. I was trained to be a job-ready software engineer and indirectly trained to acquire and internationally accredited certification. From no technical knowledge to Full Stack Software Engineer with international accreditation in under 6 months…Truly changed my life. Thank You School Of IT and Yadhir!

• Jason Davids  User Photo
      Jason Davids • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The software engineering course at School of IT is outstanding! I gained a vast amount of knowledge, even more in comparison to my university experience, and I enjoyed every moment. It is a great one-on-one learning experience with flexible hours tailored around your schedule. I would strongly recommend studying through them, they are able to assist any time should a problem arise. Yadhir, my tutor, was very helpful, intelligent and enthusiastic and I am truly grateful to him for making my learning experience an amazing one. I am sad that my course has ended but I have made a friend, which says a lot about the mentor and tutor that Yadhir is. I would highly recommend him to anyone who would like to venture into coding.

I am confident and ready for the software industry.
    • Natalie   User Photo
      Natalie • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The courses are a great investment! The Tutors are very supportive and they help you every step of the way!
      The hours are flexiable and they work around you which is great for full time employees.
      The skills learnt is a very good investment and im sure the return on investment will be greater!
      Again, Excellent, very informative and well balanced.
    • Good Value
      - 7/30/2020
      Sibusiso Mngomezulu  User Photo
      Sibusiso Mngomezulu • Application Support Specialist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I've just completed my Software Development course with School of IT. The one on one classes work wonders, especially for me since i have a very demanding job, my lecturer was extremely helpful and very flexible with my availability. I strongly recommend their courses.
      Yaseen  User Photo
      Yaseen • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I chose to do the Software Development course through School of IT because I felt it was the best choice for me, as you can choose your coding language. I chose java and learnt it over 3 months. We covered intro, intermediate and advanced concepts of software development. The pros about School of IT and the course was the flexibility. My mentor contacted me with a few hours of registering and we arranged times and dates that fitted into my schedule. Which was great! I loved the fact that the course was 99% practically based. We worked through examples all the time. I would highly recommend School of IT to all my friends as it would be the perfect platform of success for them in IT.

• student
      keanon kruger  User Photo
      keanon kruger • student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I learned everything I needed to know going forward in my career choice. My lecturer was very helpful, intelligent and enthusiastic. The system is structured to accommodate you no matter what your schedule is and you get 1 on 1 lessons. I learnt so much and feel confident to continue my learning journey with School of IT. Admin staff are super quick to respond to queries. My lecturer made it feel more fun while learning, which has helped me understand and remember a lot more. Keep it up guys. Highly recommended.

Mughammmad Mueen Sage   User Photo
      Mughammmad Mueen Sage • PC Technician • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      The lecturers are extremely knowledgeable, friendly works in the industry, is open minded and always open to suggestions and learning, and as they put it, no two developers think alike! I gained an enormous amount of knowledge from them and I am truly grateful to them for making my learning experience an amazing one. I’m sad that my course has ended but feel like I have made many friends and even family they have welcomed me from the very start, which says a lot about the mentors and tutors that is and I would highly recommend School of IT to anyone who’d like to venture into coding. Or any other form of IT.

• student
      meshach  User Photo
      meshach • student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      The programming courses of School of IT is great! I gained vast amounts of knowledge regarding my field of study. I would strongly recommend studying through them, they are able to assist any time should a problem arise. My lecturer was very helpful, intelligent and enthusiastic. The pros about School of IT and the course was the flexibility. All courses are extremely affordable, staff are friendly and the system is structured to accommodate you no matter what you schedule is and you get 1 on 1 lessons.

I had a very good experience with School of IT. The best online course to go for and its worth the money.

• Justin John   User Photo
      Justin John • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I gained vast amounts of knowledge regarding my field of study. It also helped a lot that they could adjust the class times according to my schedule.

I would strongly recommend studying through them,  they are able to assist any  time should a problem arise.

Overall i had a very good experience with School of IT.
    • Johan Fourie  User Photo
      Johan Fourie • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I chose to do the Software Development course through School of IT. Best choice, as you can choose your coding language. I chose java and learnt it over 3 months. We covered intro, intermediate and advanced concepts of software development. The pros about School of IT and the course was the flexibility. My mentor contacted me with a few hours of registering and we arranged times and dates that fitted into my schedule. Which was great! I loved the fact that the course was 99% practically based. We worked through examples all the time. I would highly recommend School of IT to all my friends
    • A+ Course Review
      - 11/26/2020
      Cameron Sharper • Graduate
      I thoroughly enjoyed the course and found it very informative. My instructor Joel was a very capable teacher and I felt like I gained a lot of valuable experience. I highly recommend the School of IT