Savvy Coders is a 12-week full stack web development coding boot camp in Chattanooga, Kansas City, St. Louis, and online. Savvy Coders provides its students with a firm foundation to become a Junior Full Stack Developer. Savvy Coders is a great option for beginners who want to learn or for those with coding skills that might need a refresher. Classes are held Monday through Thursday evenings, so students won’t have to give up their day job to attend the bootcamp. The bootcamp is taught by industry software developers, and the class size is kept small to ensure students receive one-on-one interaction with instructors.
Savvy Coders bootcamp is designed for complete novices. Applicants must submit an online application and then are interviewed by the admissions team. Scholarships are available. Interested students can attend a free crash course to get hands-on practice coding and to see if Savvy Coders would be a good fit. All students who do not know how to code complete a prerequisite class before the start of the bootcamp. For those incoming students with some coding experience, there is a refresher course.
Savvy Coders supports the goal of becoming a coder and provides information and introductions to partner companies both during the bootcamp and after. Graduates of the bootcamp receive a certificate of completion.
Recent Savvy Coders Reviews: Rating 4.83
Recent Savvy Coders News
Deposit $600 Tuition Plans 3 months, $600 per month
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Placement Test No Interview Yes
Savvy Coders Reviews
36 reviews sorted by:
- Johan Bester • Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedInElaine and Dezerae from Savvy Coders believed in me and helped me get into the program. That already impressed me.
My name is Johan and I just recently graduated from the Savvy Coders Full-stack web developers bootcamp.
I lost my job last year, but when I started looking around for a new position, I realized that my skill set does not match what the market is looking for. I learned a lot through self-studying, but needed more structure and guidance to get where I wanted to be. Savvy Coders offers this and more!
The Savvy curriculum is up to date and ever evolving to teach the latest technologies. The staff is knowledgeable and very helpful in teaching coding and career skills. The emphasis is on helping students become well rounded developers that know how to problem solve and find the answers to difficult issues. While the course material is extensive students are constantly reminded that there is always way more to learn, that they should keep digging deeper, and never stop learning new technologies and tools.
The commitment of the Savvy Coder staff does not end in the class room. They are dedicated to coach and prepare students to enter the job market. Through sessions on resume writing, project planning and presentation, students are prepped to present their capstone projects to potential employers on Demo Day. And while every cohort is closed out with a career planning session on job hunting, the advice and council of the Savvy staff will always be available to alumni. I absolutely love that! Once you join Savvy Coders, you are part of the community for life if you choose!
Personally, joining Savvy Coders was a smart career choice and great life decision! I can highly recommend the Savvy Coders web developers bootcamp to anybody who wants to improve themselves and learn new coding skills.
- The Chance of a Lifetime- 11/20/2019Nyilah Johnson • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Pave the path to your future in 10 short weeks- 8/28/2019Rusty Hoppins • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedInSavvy Coders gave me the tools I need to succeed and the resources to continue to do so. I now have a firm grasp on building modular single-page applications using functional components. I fully recommend anyone interested in pursuing a job in Web Development to give Savvy Coders a try.
- A great way to introduce yourself to coding!- 4/16/2019Nathaniel Hudson • Student • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great Experience- 4/16/2019Amanda Engelman • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
This was an overall great experience and I look forward to expanding the knowledge I have obtained from the course and using it to take my career to a level I wouldn't have been able to achieve without my experience with Savvy Coders.
- Front-end web development- 1/29/2019Kayla Forsythe • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
Savvy Coders was the first stepping stones I needed to jumpstart the rest of my life.
Along with learning those programming languages, I was matched with a local IT recruiter who helped me reconstruct my resume, pin-point and utilize my soft skills, and give preparation for IT styled job interviews. But the recruiter didn't leave when I graduated. She stays in contact with me, offering job placement opportunites and career advice.
I was fortunate enough to attend a cohert where the other students were just as driven and 'new' to development as I was. We all had various backgrounds, but we were able to build each other up and bounce ideas and solutions off of one another. There were always TA's and instructors available to help answer questions, but we loved to problem solve! We worked together so well during this course, some of us get together every so often for a game night.
I started this course to 'dip my toes' into IT. I ended this course as a software delevoper. Savvy Coders offered me more than a classroom to learn in, and a teacher to listen to. They helped me build upon myself, and plant my feet into the career field I wanted to grow in.
- Career Change- 1/28/2019Chaquita Johnson-Moore • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
SavvyCoders is an excellent introduction to front end web development. I started classes in October 2018 looking for training that would enable me to transition to a new career. The instruction is fast-paced and thorough, helping you to build the foundation that will prepare you to enter the industry. Established mentors in the field made themselves available to us while we worked on our capstone projects. On top of the classes, we also were received resume help and invaluable interview coaching with consultants that work closely with the program and will work with us until we are placed in a job in the industry.
The boot camp currently runs for ten weeks, Monday through Thursday 6:15 pm - 9:15 pm.
- Gamer Changer- 1/25/2019Damian Clay-Downing • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Worthwhile, and Great For Working People- 6/11/2018Andrew Roby • Business Intelligence Analyst • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via GitHub
I came into the course with some familiarity with programming concepts like like loops and flow control, but there was never a time that I felt like the pace was too slow. Like every boot camp, it requires a desire to dig in and actively research some of the material. However, the instructors are very helpful and responsive if you get stuck. The schedule (6-9 pm) is perfect for working people, and I was always jazzed to go to class. It's (currently) held at a great location (the CIC building, 4240 Duncan Ave) that has lots of networking events, which you're strongly encouraged to attend.
Even after graduation, instructors remained available for questions, and the cohort stayed in contact while we worked towards our demo day. There was certainly an effort to get employers in the door at the event, but Savvy Coders is still a relatively unknown program and turnout was so-so. There is no job guarantee upon graduation, but that's not to say there was a shortage of opportunity for the competent and motivated. Elaine (the founder) does a good job of passing along opportunities as they come to her. For my own part, I was happy in my current job and was satisfied with the number of connections I made at the demo day event.
The upshot: I'm super glad I took this boot camp, would do it again if I had to start all over, and would consider taking an advanced class if they offered one. That's the highest praise I can give.
- Just Awesome- 5/23/2018Jennifer Fisher • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Junior Web Developer- 9/9/2020Asma • Student • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. LouisI have been trying to start to code again and learn new languages for almost 1 year. However, I was not consistent with my effort, I am so happy I took the decision to contact Savvy Coders. Learning in a group kept me motivated and helped me to not fall off track on my coding goal, Savvy Coders helped me to step outside my comfort zone and get my hands dirty building actual application, now I found my capabilities and confidence as a developer.