redwood-code-academy--logo

Redwood Code Academy

Irvine

Redwood Code Academy

Redwood Code Academy offers 12-week full-time, and 24-week part-time full-stack software development bootcamps in Orange County, CA. Technologies taught include HTML, CSS, Javascript, ReactJS, C# .NET Core, Node.js, SQL, MongoDB, RESTful API, AWS, Git Workflow, and Agile Development. Redwood Code Academy covers full stack software development, with a focus on web application, but also includes mobile applications, desktop applications and cloud services. The Academy focuses on real world skills training by helping students learn the fundamentals of full stack development, work in teams to build a portfolio and gain the skills necessary to interview and land a dream job.

To apply candidates should fill out an online questionnaire, schedule a visit to the Redwood campus to meet with a mentor, attend a beginner workshop, and participate in a final interview.

Upon completion of the curriculum, Redwood Code Academy provides students with career guidance including resume prep, optimization of LinkedIn and Github profiles, mock job interviews, and introductions to local recruiters and employers in Redwood's hiring network.

Recent Redwood Code Academy Reviews: Rating 4.58

all (59) reviews for Redwood Code Academy →

Recent Redwood Code Academy News

Read all (7) articles about Redwood Code Academy →
  • Full Stack Immersion

MongoDB, HTML, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End, SQL
    LocationIrvine
    Students will learn the fundamentals of full-stack development, work in teams to build a portfolio and gain necessary skills. The program is broken up into: Software Fundamentals, Web apps and front-end development Full-stack .NET and SQL Starter Portfolio Project Capstone Portfolio Project Interview and Industry Prep
    We have partnered with SkillsFund to provide student loans
  • Part Time - Full Stack

HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, Mobile, React.js, Node.js, Front End, SQL
    LocationIrvine
    Become a software developer without quitting your day job. Learn the in's and out's of coding in 24 weeks of night classes. Industry Leading Curriculum Learn the most sought after technologies that employers are looking for. We have a focus on the .NET framework and also dig deep into web development including JavaScript. Get the same curriculum and lessons taught in our full time class, without needing to change your work schedule.
    We have partnered with SkillsFund to provide financing

• Sebastian  User Photo
    Sebastian • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

If you find yourself frustrated with your self-learning journey in programming (i.e. progressing slower than you'd like, not having all the answers to your question), then Redwood is definitely for you. Their full stack developer bootcamp is very thorough in preparing you for a junior web developer position. What you get out of the program is all dependent on what you put in, but Redwood definitely provides the resources for you to push yourself. Paul Epps is an amazing instructor and Senior Dev with 20+ years of experience. He can answer any questions regarding programming or the career path, and makes himself available before class to walk you through any topics you are struggling with. Karim also works full time to help you in your job search full time, providing feedback on every step of the process and helping you find leads wherever they are. The TA also put in a lot of extra hours to ensure no one fell behind the rest of the class.

I thought the job search would take months, but it took me two weeks of job hunting to land my first dev job under the tutelage of Redwood (It sounds ludicrous but somehow it happened). You definitely need to devote yourself to the program if you want to get the results you're expecting, but Redwood gives you an abundance of opportunities to grow as a developer.

• Denver P  User Photo
    Denver P • Junior Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My friend had gone to Redwood Code Academy and was able to get a great job at a tech firm. After a lot of encouragement from her, I decided to sign up too. Now, a year after I graduated from bootcamp, I’ve been a junior dev for six months. I’m glad I made the leap.
  • Francis O  User Photo
    Francis O • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was the best educational experience I’ve had in my life. Redwood Code Academy teaches the most widely used technologies like Github, HTML 5, React, and Boostrap, so you graduate with marketable skills. I can say for sure that it transformed me from someone who dabbles in coding into a well-rounded (and job-ready) software engineer.
  • Terry Jill  User Photo
    Terry Jill • Web designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I had zero programming knowledge (I’m an English major), but I wanted to break into the tech industry. Initially, I was skeptical that a 12-week course would give me the skills needed to land a job in the field. I’m happy to say that I got offers from three companies a few months after graduation.
  • Nancy G  User Photo
    Nancy G • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I thought that at 35, I would be too old to learn how to code. Redwood Code Academy proved me wrong. Thanks to the well-structured program and great instructors, I learned full-stack web development and gained the confidence to put my skills into practice. I now feel like a full-fledged programmer.
  • Great program.
    - 10/28/2020
    Andrew Tan  User Photo
    Andrew Tan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Great program. It took me a while to find a job but I was always building my skills during the mean time. Landing your first job is always the hardest but after that a lot of doors open.
  • Marlon J  User Photo
    Marlon J • Programming • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     Unlike most programming schools where they teach you, give you a project to complete, then leave you all alone to find a job, the instructors at Redwood Code Academy are very supportive. They teach more than coding. We also learn about Agile methodologies, project collaboration, and data structure. The Career Coding Fastlane team taught us how to navigate around the IT industry by helping us prepare our CVs and programming portfolios. They also helped us set up professional LinkedIn profiles to help us find jobs easily.
  •  Vincent E   User Photo
    Vincent E • Software development • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    You may think 12 weeks is a very short time for a full-stack software development course, but it’s actually the right length. The teachers are all programmers with decades of industry experience, and they do a good job of explaining coding concepts and relating them to whatever is trending nowadays. I really appreciate the module on AWS. In fact, I am thinking about getting the AWS certification.

• Sharmaine B  User Photo
    Sharmaine B • Recruitment Software • Verified via LinkedIn
     I was at a career crossroads last year. I had grown sick and tired of doing HR, but deep inside, I knew there were things that I could still fix in HR processes. After taking the full-stack course, I applied for a job in a Silicon Valley company that does recruitment software. My knowledge of SQL and C# helped me land the job easily.
  • Wendel J  User Photo
    Wendel J • Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     What I like most about Redwood Code Academy is that the lessons are easy to understand and are applied to real-life problems. While we get a solid foundation in programming theories, I find that it’s easy to relate them to real situations. For our final project, we helped develop an app for a startup that makes it easier for people to buy food online.
  • Isaac D  User Photo
    Isaac D • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     Before coming to Redwood Code Academy, I checked out different coding schools and asked for recommendations from friends who changed careers to software development. While they had mixed opinions about other coding academies, I only heard positive reviews for Redwood, which convinced me that this was the right place for me. The learning modules are easy to understand and were created for people who had very little programing experience.
  • Vince K  User Photo
    Vince K • Back-End Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    *My honest/ bias review*

I was skeptical that Redwood Code Academy couldn't deliver what it promised—the software engineering job I wanted—after only three months. It, very easy to see all these advertisements and get this feeling. It took me 7 1/2 months to land my first position but that is based on each individual and how fast they learn to apply these technologies to real-world applications. After my time, in the first 3 months, I still felt uneasy about my job readiness due to my lack of knowledge. I then spoke to the owner, he gladly told me to sit in with the part-time class. That was the final piece to my success...the FT class was too much info all at one, also the pace was too fast for me, going back to this is based off personal opinion, others in my cohort were perfectly fine. Too really make the most of it, my best way of letting things sink in was when studying on my off days was too only study for 3-4 hrs and stop after that. Overwhelming yourself on all this information is a quite honestly a waste and most likely you will forget a portion of it. Remember to take a break and exercise, Coding isn't your entire life.

I had worked in IT, and had never coded prior to 2019 - my background was mainly focused on troubleshooting hardware/ software applications.  Redwood Code Academy distinguishes itself from coding boot camps by its commitment to its students—they believe that no matter your background, you can succeed in tech by learning to view the inevitable mental blocks that arise while coding as opportunities for growth and pushing through them—instead of viewing them as indications that you’re “just not a tech person”.  By pushing through those mental blocks, I gained confidence in my own abilities as an engineer that is as valuable (or more) as the knowledge of various technologies I came away with.  If you love solving problems and are drawn to making a difference in technology, but unsure how to break into the industry, look no further than Redwood Code Academy.

Redwood Code Academy has had the success they've had not only because of the top-notch education but because of all the other services they provide that are essential for junior developers when diving into the journey of job hunting. That includes building your portfolio, interviewing practice (including whiteboarding!), resume building, growing your social media presence (in the right places), and the importance of networking. My instructor and now friend Abdul went above and beyond in prepping me to become the developer I am today! A+++

Choosing to put thousands of dollars into something is a big decision, so I hope every person thinking of joining a boot camp does their research. I went to a few free sessions to see if it was right for me, please do this for every campus you check out, it is crucial the environment, and instructors suits your needs. I'm happy, I chose Redwood Code Academy.

• student
    - 4/19/2020
    Y. Pan  User Photo
    Y. Pan • Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended the onsite boot camp training on 2019. It was a great place to learn programming. The school has a very good balanced curriculum. Over there you will learn most hottest programming technology in current market. You will also learn  fundamental programming knowledge. The training is fast pace but instructor and instructor assistant are always available to help you understand and resolve problems you might have. They also teach you in job searching, which I found it is very helpful for me, I was able to find my job within 2 months after graduation.