redwood-code-academy--logo

Redwood Code Academy

Irvine

Redwood Code Academy

Redwood Code Academy offers 12-week full-time, and 24-week part-time full-stack software development bootcamps in Orange County, CA. Technologies taught include HTML, CSS, Javascript, ReactJS, C# .NET Core, Node.js, SQL, MongoDB, RESTful API, AWS, Git Workflow, and Agile Development. Redwood Code Academy covers full stack software development, with a focus on web application, but also includes mobile applications, desktop applications and cloud services. The Academy focuses on real world skills training by helping students learn the fundamentals of full stack development, work in teams to build a portfolio and gain the skills necessary to interview and land a dream job.

To apply candidates should fill out an online questionnaire, schedule a visit to the Redwood campus to meet with a mentor, attend a beginner workshop, and participate in a final interview.

Upon completion of the curriculum, Redwood Code Academy provides students with career guidance including resume prep, optimization of LinkedIn and Github profiles, mock job interviews, and introductions to local recruiters and employers in Redwood's hiring network.

Recent Redwood Code Academy Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (71) reviews for Redwood Code Academy →

Recent Redwood Code Academy News

Read all (7) articles about Redwood Code Academy →
  • Full Stack Immersion

ASP.NET, C#, CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Mobile, MongoDB, .NET, Node.js, React.js, SQL
    LocationIrvine
    Students will learn the fundamentals of full-stack development, work in teams to build a portfolio and gain necessary skills. The program is broken up into: Software Fundamentals, Web apps and front-end development Full-stack .NET and SQL Starter Portfolio Project Capstone Portfolio Project Interview and Industry Prep
    We have partnered with SkillsFund to provide student loans
  • Part Time - Full Stack

ASP.NET, C#, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Mobile, .NET, Node.js, React.js, SQL
    LocationIrvine
    Become a software developer without quitting your day job. Learn the in's and out's of coding in 24 weeks of night classes. Industry Leading Curriculum Learn the most sought after technologies that employers are looking for. We have a focus on the .NET framework and also dig deep into web development including JavaScript. Get the same curriculum and lessons taught in our full time class, without needing to change your work schedule.
    We have partnered with SkillsFund to provide financing
  •  Drake J   User Photo
    Drake J • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    | I want to say that as someone who has had prior learning and education about programming, Redwood Code is an excellent bootcamp. Even if you already had some experience and knowledge with the concepts and languages like me, their bootcamp is an amazing refresher course on things you already know and don’t know. After all, the game is always changing, and you need to make sure you’re on top of new technologies! The professors and instructors were experienced in that regard. I think I’ve cleaned up my coding quite a bit thanks to them, and I learned a lot of new updates that I probably wouldn’t have taken the time out to discover by myself.
  • Jacob V  User Photo
    Jacob V • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I wanted to join in on the app-making game and have the next big new social media platform. So I joined Redwood Code thinking, “I got this.” It turns out I didn’t “have” this. Making an app was a lot more complicated than I anticipated, especially if you consider the kind I was trying to make. But I was super impressed and amazed by how the instructors already knew the stuff I was trying to do. I like that I learned a lot from my own mistakes, and I got some fantastic insight from real professionals. I think maybe the app I’m trying to make still has a long way to go, but I am definitely on the right track by being here.

• Tristan S  User Photo
    Tristan S • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I realize that you need way more skills these days if you want to be hired for a well-paying job, especially if it’s tech-related. I lost my job due to the pandemic and decided now would be good time to try to learn something new because it would help me be a lot more competitive against the rest of the people who have lost their jobs. I joined Redwood Code because I don’t actually live that far and could commute there with no issues. This course is serious, and people do take it seriously.
  • Dixie B  User Photo
    Dixie B • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I wanted to learn web development and web programming, and I wanted to get the basics down to qualify or at least be prepared for the more advanced and traditional kind of learning it in college. I wasn’t prepared, but I learned everything I’d need to right here! Honestly, I think I did a lot better than expected, and the people in the class with me and the instructors were a big part of that.
  • Victor M  User Photo
    Victor M • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
  • Robert P  User Photo
    Robert P • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
  • Eric V  User Photo
    Eric V • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
  • Trixie L  User Photo
    Trixie L • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started as a warehouse worker, believe it or not. I just wanted to add some computer skills to my resume to get the job working the software instead; I ended up with a whole batch of new skills, so I didn’t even have to stay at my old company anymore. I like the help they give us in working on our profiles and resumes. That’s how I got my new position at another place.
  • Great program.
    - 10/28/2020
    Andrew Tan  User Photo
    Andrew Tan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Great program. It took me a while to find a job but I was always building my skills during the mean time. Landing your first job is always the hardest but after that a lot of doors open.
  • Marlon J  User Photo
    Marlon J • Programming • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     Unlike most programming schools where they teach you, give you a project to complete, then leave you all alone to find a job, the instructors at Redwood Code Academy are very supportive. They teach more than coding. We also learn about Agile methodologies, project collaboration, and data structure. The Career Coding Fastlane team taught us how to navigate around the IT industry by helping us prepare our CVs and programming portfolios. They also helped us set up professional LinkedIn profiles to help us find jobs easily.
  • Vince K  User Photo
    Vince K • Back-End Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    *My honest/ bias review*

I was skeptical that Redwood Code Academy couldn't deliver what it promised—the software engineering job I wanted—after only three months. It, very easy to see all these advertisements and get this feeling. It took me 7 1/2 months to land my first position but that is based on each individual and how fast they learn to apply these technologies to real-world applications. After my time, in the first 3 months, I still felt uneasy about my job readiness due to my lack of knowledge. I then spoke to the owner, he gladly told me to sit in with the part-time class. That was the final piece to my success...the FT class was too much info all at one, also the pace was too fast for me, going back to this is based off personal opinion, others in my cohort were perfectly fine. Too really make the most of it, my best way of letting things sink in was when studying on my off days was too only study for 3-4 hrs and stop after that. Overwhelming yourself on all this information is a quite honestly a waste and most likely you will forget a portion of it. Remember to take a break and exercise, Coding isn't your entire life.

I had worked in IT, and had never coded prior to 2019 - my background was mainly focused on troubleshooting hardware/ software applications.  Redwood Code Academy distinguishes itself from coding boot camps by its commitment to its students—they believe that no matter your background, you can succeed in tech by learning to view the inevitable mental blocks that arise while coding as opportunities for growth and pushing through them—instead of viewing them as indications that you’re “just not a tech person”.  By pushing through those mental blocks, I gained confidence in my own abilities as an engineer that is as valuable (or more) as the knowledge of various technologies I came away with.  If you love solving problems and are drawn to making a difference in technology, but unsure how to break into the industry, look no further than Redwood Code Academy.

Redwood Code Academy has had the success they've had not only because of the top-notch education but because of all the other services they provide that are essential for junior developers when diving into the journey of job hunting. That includes building your portfolio, interviewing practice (including whiteboarding!), resume building, growing your social media presence (in the right places), and the importance of networking. My instructor and now friend Abdul went above and beyond in prepping me to become the developer I am today! A+++

Choosing to put thousands of dollars into something is a big decision, so I hope every person thinking of joining a boot camp does their research. I went to a few free sessions to see if it was right for me, please do this for every campus you check out, it is crucial the environment, and instructors suits your needs. I'm happy, I chose Redwood Code Academy.

• student
    - 4/19/2020
    Y. Pan  User Photo
    Y. Pan • Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended the onsite boot camp training on 2019. It was a great place to learn programming. The school has a very good balanced curriculum. Over there you will learn most hottest programming technology in current market. You will also learn  fundamental programming knowledge. The training is fast pace but instructor and instructor assistant are always available to help you understand and resolve problems you might have. They also teach you in job searching, which I found it is very helpful for me, I was able to find my job within 2 months after graduation.