punchcode-logo

PunchCode

Las Vegas

PunchCode

PunchCode is a full-time, 12-week, front end web development bootcamp in Las Vegas, Nevada. Students will learn CSS, HTML, JavaScript, React.js, and Redux through a career-focused curriculum. Successful graduates should be able to create dynamic websites and applications. With hands-on instruction from senior engineers, students are plugged into the Las Vegas tech community by working on real-world projects. PunchCode students meet founders of companies and influential developers as a part of the network. The bootcamp also uses feedback from these industry leaders to help shape the curriculum, feed the community’s hiring needs, and to prepare graduates for the realities of working in tech.

Participants do not have to have any prior experience writing code, but students are required to complete 40-60 hours of online pre-work.

PunchCode is powered by Tech Impact, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve the world. Classes are held in the Arts District in Downtown Las Vegas.

Recent PunchCode Reviews: Rating 4.64

all (11) reviews for PunchCode →

Recent PunchCode News

• Front End Development

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, React.js
      In PersonFull Time
      LocationLas Vegas
      Students will learn technologies like CSS, HTML, JavaScript, react.js, and redux.
      Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit

• Mitchell Rhoads • Graduate

i don’t know where to start. I have to much to say regarding the teachers, the administrators, the mentors, my fellow students and former graduates of this course.

I was expecting a good course that got me up to speed with coding and would give me a good starting point to continue to the next level.

I have to say that PunchCode IS the next level. It took me from knowing practically nothing about coding to being extremely confident in my newly attained skills. The administration really does go above and beyond for all of the students and brings in some truly amazing guest speakers to give you more insight to the tech community.

Not only that, they host events to help with networking, encourage you to reach out to potential employers and give you some much needed guidance.

The instructors at PunchCode are truly amazing, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They are always there to help you understand the curriculum and Push you to do better. I can’t remember a problem that I was working on that they weren’t able to help point me in the right direction on.

On top of all of that, they give you access to the building 24/7 and some very amazing professional mentors that are a wealth of knowledge and some very real connections to the tech industry in Las Vegas.

Along with the professional mentors, several of the former graduates take time out of their own schedules to help the new students with projects and problems they are working on and it is one of the best ways to get a deeper understanding of what you are learning because you know they have gone through the same program.

Overall I am deeply grateful for the opportunity to have attended this school and very excited for the future. The connections and friends that I have made throughout this program have become a part of my life and I am very happy about that. This school is definitely playing a huge part in shaping the future of the tech industry in Las Vegas.

• Tyler French  User Photo
      Tyler French • Student Verified via GitHub

It sucks to leave this review because I did get a lot of good things from this course but I want to leave it so others are better informed and know what else is out there.

First I want to say that whatever you do in life your success is ultimately up to you. This is not an easy skill to learn and if you're going into is with 0% experience be ready to focus and work really hard. During this course i felt like I was the top performer in my class and this was my experience...

I was going to Punchcode part-time during the spring this year with 3 others in my cohort. During this time they moved to a new location and shortly after Covid happened. I can say with 100% certainty that no one in my class left with the skills needed for a job. We never got any type of interview prep and the job connections that make coding booth camps worth it disappeared after 6-postings(a chat-room that I was never invited to but had to be added by another student.. hilarious when you're in a room of over 30 people).

The part-time cohort was treated like the ugly stepchild in the house that you hide when you have guests coming over. There would be times when they would have a workshop for full-time and we would get an invite only 1-2 hours before the actual work shop itself and with no way to know when these were going on we were constantly left in the dark. Things rarely felt organized..

Quality wise it's hard for me to say how good this course actually is because i haven't experienced other bootcamps but I left this one feeling ripped off. I would highly recommend doing some heavy research and looking and schools like Lambda that pretty much guarantee you a job where you don't pay anything until you start working.
    • Luis Alonso  User Photo
      Luis Alonso • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Punchcode is a school that gets individuals of all previous backgrounds and skill level in programming, and turns them into junior developers. This is through a rigorious 12 weeks of learning, headache, and a lot of coffee. The tools provided by the staff and instructors, Josh, Mario, and Mike and Ryan are some of the best. The instructors, Mike and Ryan,  understand that everyone grasps information differently, so they offer 1 on 1's. These sessions are an opportuntiy to have the instructor explain and help you with any sort of problem you are having. At some point you will need one of them, and I suggest you use them to the fullest. The curriculum is a difficult one indeed and its not something that should be taken lightly. When the staff and instructors ask if you are ready, they do mean it. However, the 24/7 access of the facility is a huge plus. You and other cohort memebers can meet up and review, and finish up those weekend assignments at any time. Other than the learning experience, Josh and Mario give so much opportunity to meet with professionals. Whether that being with senior developers, techincal teams, or with a few CEO's. One peice of advice I can give you is go to all the events, meet-ups, and demo day's they offer. They provide so much useful information and you never now who will be at them.

Anyway, Punchcode, a great choice, and I believe any one of these previous students would say the same.

• Alex Mitchell  User Photo
      Alex Mitchell • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Punch Code is a coding school that has you put on heavy weights and has you climbing up a mountain on day 1. Going through the course is quite the journey, alot of times you'll find your self working overtime and still leaving with brain pain. However, once you climb to the top of the mountain and finish the course, you start to see that those hours of blood, sweat, and tears will of pushed you well on your way to becoming a true developer. Punch Code though rigorous has been one of the best things I've done on my way to becoming a developer. Because of all the hard work put it, unlike some other methods of learning your self it both gives you displine and a better perspective for the real world. If you are ever looking to become a developer or even just to pick up some web based skills, Punch Code is one of the best schools you could go to. Outside of the hard work it will also introduce you to a workplace enviorment that is super friendly and inviting, while also providing you with new perspective.

• Alexander Gonzalez  User Photo
      Alexander Gonzalez • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

PunchCode is simply amazing! PunchCode is not a "bootcamp"; Punchcode is a school and so much more. PunchCode connects you to influential figures in the tech industry through meetups, lunch & learns, etc. This helps grow your network, teaches you how to talk to people and prosper in this close knit community.

PunchCode teaches work ethic, how to solve problems on your own, how to use the tools that are available to you, and not to give up. The FullStack course is brutal and fast, but is 100% worth it. Everything will seem so difficult as you're doing it, there will be times where you're just exhausted physically, mentally, and emotionally. Once you reach the end, you will be in awe and wonder where the time went (even though at the same time it seems like ages). At the end you'll be amazed on how much you can do when comparing point A to B.

PunchCode has awesome resources too that make the building feel like home (you'll practically be living here for 3 months). You have 24/7 access to the building so you can work whenever you want. You have dual monitors which are a must in any coding environment. If you don't have a laptop the staff will supply you one to use during the course which is incredibly helpful. There's a dedicated Slack Channel and Youtube channel so you always have the right resources if you get stuck. Something that was really incredible too was that we had both professional mentors (I had the best mentor!), and alumni mentors to help with the journey. Oh, and I can't forget the coffee.... you will be drinking a lot of it!

The staff at PunchCode is incredible! I just want to say thank you to the awesome staff on their dedication to this program. Josh, and Mario really helped me be part of the 2019 Fall Cohort. I almost ended up not being able to be part of this cohort, but I did not give up; I was afraid if I missed this small window I had to be part of PunchCode that I wasn't ever going to do it at all. Josh, and Mario worked with me 100% of the way and did all they could to try to make this work for me, so because of that here I am. Josh, and  Mario are always looking to see how they could help us (the students) and how they could share their knowledge on making sure we're successful. Josh and Mario are definitely always seeing how they can make PunchCode better by introducing new features/ideas to the program.

Now for the instructors Mike, and Ryan. Mike and Ryan are amazing teachers that really care about the class. What's very neat about both Mike, and Ryan is that they have different teaching styles which will benefit you in different ways. They're always open and available for any questions; if you reach out they will take the time to make sure you understand something you may be struggling so definitely reach out! I personally wish I would have reached out more, so if you're reading this than take my advice and ask questions from day 1, do 1 on 1's, etc. Just to recap/reiterate Mike and Ryan are extremely knowledgeable instructors that work together to form a dynamic/power duo that make the class interesting, and fun. If you're part of the next cohort, ask Mike to show you some magic tricks..... I'm sure they'll blow your mind!

PunchCode is not a "bootcamp"; PunchCode is value and experience that surpasses what any other school may provide you. PunchCode is a community that will open up opportunities and prepare you for that awesome life-long journey of learning and creating. This journey is not done alone, you will make incredible friendships with the staff, especially with your classmates; they will become lifelong support/friends. This is why the value of PunchCode is priceless!
    • I learned so much!
      - 9/28/2019
      Nova Alario  User Photo
      Nova Alario • Product Owner • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The course is intense, but you learn a LOT in little bit of time. I came out very proud of what I accomplished. Thye do a great job of introducing you to a bunch of people in the industry and growing your network.

• Can't Do Better!
      - 2/11/2019
      Victor Isiah Velasquez  User Photo
      Victor Isiah Velasquez • Front-End Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Mike and Ryan are awesome!! One of the best educational experiences I've had. If you're considering leveling up your career and entering the tech field, I highly recommend giving PunchCode a go.

In addition to providing an excellent curriculum, they have career specialists on call and regular lunch-and-learns throughout the program to get you acclimated to the extensive professional network available to you.

The best part to me is having 24/7 access to the centrally located facility for life!

• Tyler Brow • Graduate

Probably one of the most difficult, challenging, yet rewarding experiences of my life! I came to this school with no previous experience in coding, and left with a new sense of drive. The course was very fun and engaging, while the instructors helped push us to new understandings. I came into this course in debt, desperetly seeking a change in my life. Now here I am, a couple months after the course, with a full time job and a path that i've set for myself for success using the tools givin to me by the amazing people at PunchCode.

• Phenomenal Course!
      - 9/26/2019
      Jacob Ierome • Student

I started with bare minimum knowledge for coding and this course took me to above and beyond in my skillset. I would reccomend this course to anyone who is interested in learning how to code. Not only are the instructors (Mike and Ryan) are AWESOME, but the curriculum is designed to teach you new and modern technologies. I don't have one complaint about this course. Even after graduating, the staff follows up with me to check up on my journey after the course. Couldn't be more thankful for the whole PunchCode Team!

• Mason Cable
      - 2/6/2019
      Mason Cable • Front end developer • Graduate

Great bootcamp, if you don't want to go to college, I highly recomend punchcode!

• Austin Kuehne • Graduate

PunchCode is great for people who love learning at an extremely fast pace. My experience is that it was one of the hardest things I've done in my life, mentally. This is the only coding bootcamp in Vegas picked up from a previous bootcamp that closed called "Iron Yard". Their were two teachers. Those being Mike and Ryan. They have been the best teachers and mentors I've ever had. They were very understanding at how hard this is and they have a sincere passion for teaching. The course material teaches you everything you need to know about being a developer. They teach you how to teach yourself and they help you along the way. Afterwards, you have to look for a job. The teachers here are very well known throughout the Vegas tech community and they will help you find a job along the way as long as you are actively applying. Last thing I would like to add is that the teachers will always be an open resource to use and will never just throw you out once you graduate.