Promotable offers a part-time, 6-week course in data science and data analytics in Chicago, IL, Washington, DC, and San Francisco, CA. The program provides flexible weekday and weekend classes in SQL, machine learning, data visualization, Tableau, and Python, aiming to help students gain a competitive advantage with one of the most in-demand skills in the world. Promotable also offers short beginner courses in data analytics and Python.
By joining Promotable, students gain access to a network of instructors, partners, and students who work at a variety of companies and want to help each other succeed. All instructors are current data scientists who work at industry-leading companies and learning is done in small interactive groups. After completion of the bootcamp, graduates receive a Certificate in Data Analytics.
Recent Promotable Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent Promotable News
- MySQL, Data Science, Data Visualization, Excel, Data Structures, SQL, Python, Machine Learning
In PersonPart Time5 Hours/week6 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost $2,000 Class size 10 Location Washington, ChicagoStudents will use industry tools like SQL, Tableau, and Python, to analyze large real-world data sets.
Deposit 250 FinancingPayment plans available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Tuition Plans Please inquire about our payment plans
Minimum Skill Level None Prep Work none Placement Test No Interview No
- In PersonFull Time
Start Date None scheduled Cost N/A Class size N/A Location Washington, Chicago
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $2,000 Class size 10 Location ChicagoOur part-time 5 Hour per week Product Management course is designed to give you the skills you need to land a job as a Product Manager.
Deposit 250 Financing0% interest Installment Plans are available. Email email@example.com for details.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $2,000 Class size 10 Location ChicagoThis part-time 5-week course is 25 hours of hands-on training that will introduce you to Python programming foundations required to be successful in any data related job.
Deposit 250 Financing0% interest installment plans are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details Tuition Plans 0% interest installment plans are available. Email email@example.com for details
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
12 reviews sorted by:
- Fantastic Data Science Experience- 9/21/2019Dannie • Graduate • Course: Data Jump Start • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedIn
I attended Promotable's Data Jump Start and learned a TON about data analytics. Specifically - the skill that I'll use most moving forward is the ability to tell stories through data results. I'm looking forward to seeing how my performance at work changes via my new skills!
- Great class to get your feet wet- 8/1/2019Nathan • Student • Course: Data Analytics • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedIn
This is a great way to get your feet wet in data analytics. The course was lead by a senior Nielsen data scientist, and he did a great, professional job in explaining the fundamentals in Excel, SQL, and Tableau. The flexibility was great as well - I attended the online sessions when I had to travel for work and went in to class when I was available. All of the class materials are uploaded online and saved to their Teachable website, so you have access to it for lifetime. I'm looking forward to taking their Into to Python class in the future!
- Excellent python class- 5/11/2019Anupam Majumdar • VP Consulting • Graduate • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedIn
I will highly recommend this course to anyone interested in getting started on learning python and developing a beginner’s understanding of what is ‘behind the hood’ behind all the intelligent applications we use in our personal and professional lives. For me, three things about this program were really beneficial:
- They do a really good job of calibrating the content to the level of the student’s understanding. I did not have any programming experience. The way our instructor structured the curriculum, it was very appropriately paced. Slow in the beginning and then intense towards the latter half. Some of my classmates were obviously more advanced than myself (I had never used anything more advanced than excel before). But it was obvious that we all felt we were learning.
- The content itself is really good and is very practical. I simply could not have gotten started without handholding. They walk you through the basics of installing python and then proceed to do complex stuff like numpi, pandas, functions etc.
- You can attend the class in person or by video through zoom. I am a consultant and have a grueling travel schedule. I was able to attend 70% of the classes in person and the 30% I attended virtually. You will have permanent access to the classes online.
I am really happy with the amount of knowledge I got for the price I paid. The price-value equation is very good here.
- Database Coordinator- 4/26/2019Grant • Database Coordinator • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics • Campus: Chicago • Verified via LinkedIn
As a recent college graduate I was working a completely non-technical job (as a recruiter), but I knew that Data Analytics was a field that I wanted to break into. I chose to invest my after-work time into Promotable's courses as a way for me to gain technical experience, and both boost my resume and learn about fundamental analytical tools and concepts. 3 months later I landed the technical position that I wanted and learned a lot along the way.
I took the courses "Data Analytics for Business" and "Python 101 for Data Science" which were 6 weeks and 5 weeks, respectively. I was able to do both online which was super helpful for me since in-person wasn't feasible. The instructor I had, Vikram, was fantastic. He was really helpful explaining all the concepts, but more importantly to me I could tell he was extremely passionate about his work.
As far as the subject matter, I think you get as much out of the course as you choose to put in. It was important to me to nail down my SQL skills so I worked extra hard outside of class to make sure I knew all the concepts we covered in class. I also gained experience with Excel, Tableau, and of course, extensive experience with Python. I highly reccommend Promotable to anyone who is looking to further their career with Data Analytics.
I can't say enough about Promotable. When I signed up for the course, I really didn't know what I was getting into. I had looked at comparable programs online, but they were all much more expensive. I was worried that a less expensive program would be lower quality. This could not have been further from the truth.
The comprehensive overviews of SQL, Python and Tableau helped me develop a strong foundation and sense of confidence. I feel very comfortable that, whatever I may want to do with these languages and programs, I can figure it out or look it up from a reliable source. The class sizes are small (some days we had as few as 6 people, at most we were at 10), so I received personalized attention when needed.
The instructors were also great. Data scientists and visualizers who use these tools daily in their industries (and work at the type of companies that I would like to work at some day). I was surprised that they were so available -- at any time via slack and/or email.
Permanent access to the slides and in-class educational materials means I won't lose track of what I have learned, but the instructors also frequently recommended
resources to take my training to the next level outside of class.
Promotable also has an eye towards helping you to get your next job in data analytics. The projects throughout the course allow you to build a portfolio of work, and Aaron and the instructors offer an open door to connect students with individuals in the tech industry in Chicago and probably other major cities as well.
Aaron, the Promotable CEO is also very hands on and helpful, often going the extra mile to make sure everyone has a good experience. Once, he even waited for me outside the office where the class was being held because I was running late and he was worried I would be locked out.
If you are considering Promotable at all, just go for it. The only reason the instructors got 4 stars is because they are data scientists first and not typically teachers so sometimes they move a little quickly, but they were very receptive to feedback and, as I mentioned, answered questions both during and outside of class.
- Great Data Analytics Class- 12/30/2019Kristina Covarrubias • CEO • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics • Campus: Chicago
The class was flexible with location, and the instructor Adam was very detailed and well organized with the course. He did not hesitate to stop if you had a question to allow you to grasp the course and get the best out of this class. At first, it helped me as a refresher for SQL and excel but, what I wanted to learn and get out of this course was to learn Tableau, and this course helped me understand and learn the tools I need to help me at work.
- Data Analytics Class- 12/10/2019Joshua Rawe • Student • Course: Data Analytics • Campus: Chicago
Useful course that teaches valuable skills for anyone that works with data. Instructor was patient, thorough, and knowledgeable. The course is accessible off-site, so if you can't make class you can follow along online. You'll build a dashboard and report that you can use for a resume or work. Recommend and would take more of their classes.
- Python for data science- 12/6/2019Angelo kelvakis • Director of research at Rise Gardens • Student • Course: Python for Data Science • Campus: ChicagoI took this course to learn python and build on my data science skills in order to build myself up as a computer scientist and also to help with some projects at my work. Phillip the instructor of the course was very responsive to feedback from the class and did a great job of adapting the speed of the class to fit everyone's skill level (a very challenging thing to do as an instructor). The course took the structure of lecture, homework, and some random question answering by Philip, and my experience was so positive because i was able to be there in person and interact more with the other students as well as the instructor. So, if you are able to, i would highly recommend taking this class in person. The overall material of the class was rich and I left with about 20 python notebooks that i consistently refer back to. We had a class project at the end to summarize what we learned, but it was not enforced so it was very much so up to you to dive into. Overall, I would recommend this course to someone looking to gain intermediate python skills for a specific project. If you come to class with a problem to solve, either personal or work related, you can get a much richer experience by applying all of the modules to your project.
- Data Analysis Course- 1/18/2019Alex • Analyst • Applicant • Course: Data Analytics • Campus: Chicago
This was an excellent experience for me to gain skills in data analysis. I previously came in with Excel and SQL knowledge. The SQL work was not particularly new to me, but I still gained good practice and experience.
I particularly enjoyed the Python portion of the course. Python is a difficult language to learn initially, but the course broke down the basics at a good pace. Aaron set the expectation that you will get the most out of this course if you come in with a plan. I came in with a concept for my Python project and worked hard to reach my goal. My teacher was excellent and stayed after class with me to answer any specific questions I have.
The best part of the course is you are able to work on projects which ultimately shows off your SQL, Python, and Tableau skills. I would recommend this course for someone with beginner level skill or no experience in data analysis.
- Nice way to ease into learning excel- 1/10/2019Dorim • Chief of Staff • Applicant • Course: Data Jump Start • Campus: Chicago
It was a deal at $35 and I felt I got the most out of this class than paying a hefty sum at General Assembly. I liked that they focused on Dashboards (Pivot Tables) and they walked you through it.
One suggestion would be to charge a little more and make this a 3-hour course or even a 2 day course. There were so many more things to learn and I was having fun so wish we could have delved a bit further.
But all in all, the instructor was very knowledgeable, organized in how he taught the lesson, and I made the nicest and neatest looking chart ever.
- Data Jump Start Workshop- 12/13/2018Jose Munoz • Founder & CEO • Applicant • Course: Data Jump Start • Campus: Chicago
Going into the workshop I had only interfaced with excel on a basic level. Expense Tracking & Financial Modeling. I left the workshop having a positive grasp on utilizing pivot tables & creating fluid / dynamic dashboards. Highly recommend this workshop & future ones.