product-school-logo

Product School

Austin, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Denver, London, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, Orange County, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Toronto

Product School

Founded in 2014 and with a community of over one million product professionals, Product School offers 4-week and 8-week, part-time product management courses to professionals in a live online classroom. The curriculum contains a mix of group activities, real-world case studies, and hands-on mentorship with a focus on highly relevant skills needed for the next generation of software product leaders. Product School students learn how to build digital products from end-to-end, lead cross-functional teams, and land their next product job or promotion. Courses are taught by instructors who are real-world Product Leaders working at top Silicon Valley companies, including Google, Facebook, Netflix, Airbnb, PayPal, Uber, and Amazon. Courses begin every month, and classes are held in the evenings or on weekends to ensure that both instructors and students can maintain their full-time jobs.

To apply, candidates should fill out an online application form. Graduates may be eligible to receive industry certificates in Product Management, such as PMC™, PLC™, and PEC™. Product School prepares students for product management interviews to enable them to expand their professional network through access to a private community of over one million product professionals, including alumni, mentors and hiring managers from top technology companies.

In addition to training for individuals, Product School delivers custom product training to Fortune 500 companies seeking to upskill their existing teams or onboard new talent. Product School is committed to pushing the product management industry forward. Product School has published the Amazon bestseller, The Product Book, and hosts over 1,000 free events per year, The Proddy Awards, and ProductCon, the largest multi-city conference in the world for product managers.

Recent Product School Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (214) reviews for Product School →

Recent Product School News

Read all (5) articles about Product School →
  • Product Executive Certificate™

Product Management, Agile
    OnlinePart Time4 Weeks
    LocationOrange County, Toronto, Denver, Boulder, Austin, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, London, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, New York City, San Francisco, Online
    Join the C-Suite: Our most advanced certificate is restricted to proven product leaders who want to get out of the building and learn from each other in a safe environment.
    We offer different funding options to make financing your learning easy!
    Choose from interest-free monthly installments, or spreading the cost up to 36 months.
  • Product Leadership Certificate™

LocationOnline, San Francisco, New York City, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, London, Seattle, Boston, Chicago, Austin, Boulder, Denver, Toronto, Orange County
    Move up the product management career ladder: Operate as a senior-level Product Manager by digging deeper into every aspect of the product development cycle, and designing your product strategy.
  • Product Manager Certificate™

Get your first product management job: Learn how to build digital products from end to end, lead cross-functional teams, bulletproof your resume and practice mock interviews.
    Tuition PlansDifferent payment plans available
  • Anonymous • Front End Software Engineer • Student

Where Product School shines in comparison to its competitors is its focus on getting you that PM job you're after.  My instructor regularly interviews with the companies I am hoping to apply to and brings back important feedback and a career oriented perspective to the course that I really appreciated.

The conceptual and material portions of the class are thorough and the instructor was responsive to class feedback as to what in particular to focus on.  In class exercises and simulations also provided a huge amount of value.

I haven't yet had a chance to take advantage of the alumni network, but it seems exceptionally strong and useful.

• Great class
    - 2/14/2017

Overall PS was a great class. The course materials were good, but there are just some things you can't learn in an eight week bootcamp. What makes the class great are your classmates who ask intriguing quesitons that you wouldn't have been able to come up with yourself and your instructor who is passionate about product and can navigate you through a sea of information.

I took my class with Joel in NYC and highly reccomend him.

Having worked in Fintech since 2008, I thought I had a pretty good grasp of product management. Still, I felt that there were gaps that I needed to fill and Product School had a great reputation, so I decided to apply. My class was taught by a reputable instructor that provided invaluable insight to every aspect of the product development lifecycle. As you step through each phase of the process, you apply the knowledge to a project that you will present at the end of the program. My class had an even mix of backgrounds (engineers, project managers, product managers and analysts from adtech, fintech, fashion, edtech, misc startups) which contributed to passionate discussions from different points of view. All in all, my experience was amazing and well worth the investment. I highly recommend this program to any one in, or aspiring to be in, technology.

Product School is a great concept but badly implemented. While the overall curriculum was quite easy to grasp, technical aspects were very poor. My cohort in Santa Clara was not given any opportunity to attend Wednesday meetup sessions since our classes were changed last minute from Tues - Thurs to Mon - Wed, nor were we told about Balsamiq login options in class. The instructor Greg was very wordy and had poor technical experience since he comes from filmmaking background and gave very poor feedback on presentations. His own presentations were not very inspiring. Product School needs to include technical UX sessions as well as more cases. The only case we used was Udemy which was not of much help, especially for technical software product managers. Most of my classmates have had no luck finding jobs after the course. Another very unethical move by Product School is that they offer Accredible certificates which can be linked on LinkedIn, if you provide positive reviews on social media.

I enrolled in The Product School in July 2016 for an 8-week course on Product Development. I started the course with some apprehension because of my lack of software skills. It was relatively a small class size of 12-14 very diverse students from all walks of life. As the classes progressed, I was overwhelmed by new concepts and terminology- MVP, UX, frameworks, personas. I decided to speak to my instructor, Adam S about my difficulties/limitations.  Adam was very helpful and encouraged me to keep coming to classes, ask questions, read books & articles online.  He was always ready to answer any questions or concerns I had, and that was what did it for me!  The weekly assignments culminated in a final project that turned out to be a good learning experience. The last two classes were devoted to speaking with product managers from various fields, getting resume feedback and answering questions.  Overall a good “crash course” I recommend to anyone interested in Product Development.

I attended the weekend cohort from Jun, 2016 to Aug, 2016 in Santa Clara, CA. The instructor was a former PM director from salesforce. I think the learning experience was definitely fun and rewarding. Before the program, I know something about PM but not confident enough to go for a PM job. Now I am confident and ready to go for it.

The course materials (slides, handouts, and in-class group projects) are all provided by product school. The contents cover very practical information and skills for PM jobs, starting from the very basics. The slides are well designed and easy to understand. The in-class activities are also very interesting practices to do what PMs do.

The instructor is fantastic, very approachable and knowledgable. I appreciate it very much that he actually spent a lot of time helping students with resumes and projects. His teaching is also entertaining and engaging.

I'd highly recommend this course for people with limited time and limited PM background. For people who are already PMs, you probably wouldn't benefit as much.

I just completed the weeknight course at the NYC campus.    It was a great learning experience and a good "crash course" in practical skills and methologies used by product managers.

Pros:
    - Learned a lot on product management
    - Class work was immersive and hands on
    - The weekly assignments leading up to the Final Presentation was very helpful in learning the process of how a real PM works through each phase of creating/enhancing a product
    - Instructor was very supportive and made himself available to answer questions
    - Access to workshops and continuing network of PMs

Cons:
    - I thought there would be some kind of "career fair" where students get to meet potential employers at the end of the course, but there wasn't any
    - Class work could be a more productive experience if the instructor demonstrates an example of the goal first.  Otherwise often we spent a big chunk of the allotted time just figuring out what the assignment wanted from us.

Overall a very worthwhile experience.

I attended the Product Management course in Product School -New York Campus. The best thing about this course is all the awesome connections you get, from experienced Product Managers to students from various backgrounds who take the class with you. The course was very informative is teaching what Product Management was all about and giving directions to the tools and skills you need to get that PM break. I am glad I took this course. I will highly recommend this course to anyone who is looking to transition to Product Management.

• Great Course!
    - 7/19/2016

I had a wonderful experience in Product School. The program was fun and immersive. I really learned from the experience of going through the class. The best part was working with my classmates. I learned as much from collaborating in class as I did fromt he instructor and curriculum.

Pros:
    -Class work was immersive and hands on.
    -Worked on interviewing and soft skills.
    -Practiced frameworks to help in product thinking.

Cons:
    -The course goes by incredibly fast and can be overwhelming.
    -Some class resources could be better organized.
    -No explicit job placement or assistance.

• Dane • Product Manager • Student
    I recently completed the Orange County offering of the Product Management course and I'd definitely recommend it. I'm a PM who is new to the role and I wanted to learn best practices and methodology. The order of classes essentially walks students through the product lifecycle from an idea to implementation. While this won't necessarily map to a current PM's role on a one-to-one basis, it will provide PMs with an idea of steps they should be taken in order to better define, implement and release products and features.

Our instructor, Derek Tumulo was very knowledgeable and I found his experience incredibly helpful. He was able to provide concrete examples of his experience at a few marquee companies he's worked at did things. Honestly, if you were to take this course, I'd suggest taking it from him.