product-gym-logo

Product Gym

Austin, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, San Francisco

Product Gym

Product Gym is an exclusive membership association dedicated to the advancement of product managers, providing an exclusive community for networking, skills-building, and career acceleration. Located in New York City, Product Gym offers 30 - 45 hours of in-person instruction taught by a lead instructor and subject matter expert. Covering the product development lifecycle, from ideation to release and maintenance, members learn the skills needed to excel in product management. These trainings include learning how to create a product roadmap, conducting business and market analysis, defining an MVP, evaluating OKRs and KPIs, wireframing, prototype testing, and building stakeholder consensus.

The Product Gym community offers aspiring Product Managers multiple networking, career acceleration, and coaching development channels, all designed to help members and contribute to the community. Applicants do not need to have a base knowledge of product management as Product Gym teaches content to beginners. Professionals with at least 3+ years of relevant working experience looking to make a career transition are welcome to apply.

These trainings are designed to develop members’ hands-on product management skills and equip professionals with the best education and job-hunting strategies. Product Gym’s primary instructors are product management fanatics dedicated to sharing the best of their industry knowledge. Instructors hold senior product management positions at top tech companies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Spotify. Upon completion of Product Gym’s trainings, members will be awarded a Certificate of Product Management.

Recent Product Gym Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (385) reviews for Product Gym →

Recent Product Gym News

• Product Management

Product Management
      LocationOnline, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, New York City
      Refund / GuaranteeConditional 30 day refund policy.
      ScholarshipConditional $500 scholarships. Contact us for more information.
      Minimum Skill Level3 years of professional experience. Product Management experience not required.
    • Career Accelerator
      - 10/10/2018

I went in hoping to brush up on skills and my confidence to apply for a sought-after senior level position within my company after that position was going to be vacated by the end of the quarter.  I had limited time. I knew I needed to accelerate my skill set and just have the confidence to walk into that room when the position opened. Rich and Cody and the course absolutely helped me identify the skills I needed to sharpen and helped me gain the confidence to interview by casting the widest net!  Long story short, I never took the job at my company, even though I received that offer. I went after an even higher paying position and landed my dream job!

• Feedback Feedback!
      - 10/10/2018

I lacked direction when it came to my job search.   I didn’t know if my resume needed curation or if my interview skills were effective.  I kept on focusing on the skills portion and it got me nowhere. I was constantly stuck all the time. Both Rich and Cody were excellent in providing FEEDBACK on my interviews! It was exactly the guidance that I needed.

• Go Getter
      - 10/10/2018

If you have the drive and ambition to succeed, then Product Gym will help you attain your goal of becoming a well-paid product manager - they did for me!!

Not everyone has energy to maintain their full-time job and take classes.  If you are that time of person, then stay home, frankly. Because here, if you not putting in the effort, then dont waste your time.  Go to another course that will take your money just as well, but not give your the drive and focus to succeed. Go sit in class with the mundane.  This class was full of a bunch of sharks and go getters who brought out my competitive nature. Best part is, that competition increased our drive and cooperation.  We learned from each other. That’s what this class does - it brings out the best in you and helps you fully realize your potential. Yes, I could go on about the details but for me the real value came from the drive it re-instilled in me.  GO GET IT!

• Make it Come True
      - 10/5/2018

I luckily me Rich at a Product Gym meetup event.   He is the architect to my success - revamping my resume, coaching me throughout the interview process and every step of the way in the job search process. Saying that I am grateful would be an understatement.

My success rate went sky high from no call backs to multiple, within the first week!! I started to gain confidence then clarity.  Rich and his team focus on generating as many interviews as possible because those interviews serve to build your confidence.   Go for it - Don't waste anymore time thinking!

• Perfect Fit
      - 10/5/2018

I had spent years in Pharma sales.  I was getting burnt out moving from contract to contract.   I knew the trajectory I was on was leading me to Product Management.   I had taken a $4k course somewhere else but wasn't able to land a job.  Needless to say, I was wary about purchasing another bootcamp type of course.  However, after speaking with Richard and drilling him down on a nearly 2 hour phone call, he convinced me that their methodology would help me land the job that would fit my experience and passion.   After a painstaking and humbling course load, I learned how to interview well and was able to land my dream job with a healthcare startup!  It's my dream job - I can't thank these guys enough.

Pro:  They will willingly and thoroughly answer all your questions related to how this program will work for you.  Get on the phone with them and ask them the real questions that matter. I've been tricked by reviews before and I sure wasn't going to take someone else's opinion.  I needed to hear it from them and the proof is in the pudding. I got my dream job.

Con: N/A

For me, the most intimidating part about transitioning into the Product Manager role is the technical aspect. I didn't have much experience in building up my technical skills because I worked mostly in finance.  But, during the 6 week course, tech experts, some who were PM and some who were developers, would come and speak to the class.  Listening to them speak about specific functions then working on the exercises, really helped build the confidence that I needed to start researching and fine-tuning the skills on my own.  Being immersed in class with the instructors and my fellow classmates is also a huge resource.   I watch and analyze how they answer questions in class, so I can see the differences from how I’m thinking and learn how to get to where they are.

Pros:  I felt fully prepared during the interview process answering tech related questions and was also able to back up any exercise given with the knowledge I attained during the 6 week course.

Cons:  This isn't for the weak at heart.  You have to want it. You have to have a Type A personality. You have to be a driven person that plans and organizes, and can be responsible for many moving parts. You have to be interested in the field you are getting into and rise once you get there. There is no room for slacking off in this field and especially not in this course because it is a rigorous boot camp.  There is just no room for slacking off.

I was already going to a ton of interviews before I met these! I thought it was good, but I wasn't getting the offers. Rich took my interview game to the Lebron James level. I am forever grateful. The secret the closing offers is aligning your background with the pain the company is experiencing and delivering the message in the form of a pitch. And I have to say to say this, Product Gym's pitch training is on point. 100% on point.

Pros: Everything, Everything you need to know about interviewing is here. Don't waste another minute. I tried to do this on my own for a year. I did 118 interviews in less than 3 months and ended up with 4 offers. I have nothing but the best to say about Product Gym.

Cons: Its really hard work, but considering I got a $70K pay bump its worth it. I will talk to you if you do not believe me.

If you need help driving an insane amount of traffic towards your linkedin so you can do better interviews with the most exciting companies that hit these boys up. I interviewed with Google and Facebook, I didn't make it that far; but it is awesome just getting contacted from these companies. Interviewing is an unfair game and I really like the face that I have an unfair advantage with Product Gym by my side. Rich comes from a Tech Recruiting background, meaning he has a database of knowledge regarding how recruiters can find you. He helped tune up my profile so these top level recruiters found me.

I am not talking agency headhunters; these are recruiters that are actually employed full time by the most awesome tech companies.

Pros:

They helped me get better interviews with better companies.

Cons:

You might not always be ready to interview with the majors. When facebook reached out to me it was my second week in the program. I wasn't ready, but honestly there's no way I could have been. However, I learned more failing that interview than I could have reading another book. Learn by doing people, it's how we learn.

The only thing you will need to know is staying consistent and maintaining a high level of discipline when it comes to applications and interviews. That's it. Everything else is secondary. If you lose focus of this you can go down a rabbit hole that is hard to come out of.

Pros:

They are very focused here on numbers. I mean I can't say that I am surprised. Rich comes from a boiler room, aggressive cold call background. So, you come in here thinking that you are learning about PM, but then you end up getting so much more. You get to learn how to generate momentum. Rich loves that word. Its that special thing that makes you unstoppable.

Cons:

Go get it. Don't complain about it. I love this team here, I feel really good sleeping at night knowing that I have a whole coaching staff ready to help me.

I was sending out the wrong resume to the right job. I am coming from finance and I kept you using a finance resume to apply to PM roles, it was clearly not working. Rich helped me tune it up and boom I average right now 4 to 7 interviews a week.

Pros:

Trust what they tell you to do about the resume. The resume defines everything. It defines your pitch, the scale that you can apply on, and everything else that is necessary.

Cons:

Don't spend too much time being fixated on the resume. At some point you have to go.

Would you believe me if I told you I was so damn passionate about being a product manager that I took a class from Product School and GA? That’s right, that’s me! I did it all, so I can tell you that Product School and General Assembly only focuses on your job after the offer. But how are we going to get there? I had great instructors from campuses, but you have ask yourself; does the instructor have the same challenges as you? It doesn’t matter that your instructor is working at Facebook, you are not working at facebook. Your instructor is not interviewing for you. Your instructor won’t interview for you. If your instructor has never experienced the challenges you have, then they can never really help you.

The instructors here and you get a freaking team of 10+ instructors, half of them were former students that are working PM’s right now that transitioned into Product with no Product experience. They know the pain you are going through right now. My facebook instructor was very good; but I don’t need to know how to facilitate design sprints, wireframe, or try to reach a group consensus. I need interviews right now. Within 3 weeks, I had more interviews than I could handle in less than a month.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

These guys are awesome thinking about this. I don’t come from the traditional background. Well, most of my classmates didn’t either; but I do learn better at my own pace. Product Gym provided me with 12 months of access to the classes and workshops, which was great. After hearing the data science portion for the third time; I get it now better than most. It was something that I was really interested in.

Now that I have landed the job; this information is even more pertinent to me than ever.

Pros: Like I said 12 months of access.

Cons: Honestly, I can’t think of any and I will tell whoever is reading this why. IT IS MANDATORY TO GIVE FEEDBACK HERE AFTER EVERY SESSION. Lol!!! Seriously. The founders here Rich and Cody immediately implement all the valid feedback; so even though this class is not perfect - these boys continuously improve upon it. They want to hear your feedback. I guess the only sad part is that some students don’t write that feedback.