practicum-by-yandex-logo

Practicum by Yandex

Practicum by Yandex

Practicum by Yandex offers 6 to 10-month online courses in coding-related fields. Students can choose to join one of three programs: Data Scientist, Data Analyst, and Web Developer. Each course includes full access to the online, interactive platform, professional courses with real-life projects, tutor support from an experienced developer, and code reviews. Students graduate with a professional certificate and a portfolio to show potential employers. While in the program, students receive 24/7 support from code reviewers and community managers. Yandex is one of the largest IT companies in Europe.

Practicum is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma. The programs range in price between $1,200 and $2,000. The first 20 hours of each program are free.

Practicum covers the soft skills students will need to get hired. Live coding sessions with tutors from the tech industry and Practicum’s career accelerator will complement a student’s hard skills and make the job search easier. Students also complete a portfolio of up to 15 projects. Practicum offers its graduates career prep courses to help them prepare for the job hunt. Students receive guidance on current job opportunities so that they can find a good fit. Practicum is very serious about helping students find work. If graduates do not get a new job or a promotion within six months of completing the program, Practicum will refund the cost of tuition.

Recent Practicum by Yandex Reviews: Rating 4.75

all (82) reviews for Practicum by Yandex →

Recent Practicum by Yandex News

• Data Analyst

Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, SQL, Python
      Start Date December 3, 2020
      Data analysis is a complex and intricate process. It involves collecting and structuring data, formulating and testing hypotheses, identifying patterns, and drawing conclusions. Data analysts are essential in business, administration, and science. They work with fundamental tools including Python and its libraries, the Jupyter Notebook, and SQL. Practicum’s mission is to teach you how to use these tools and help you become a competitive junior data analyst. Over the course of our six-month, 20-hour-per-week training course, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of projects.
      Minimum Skill Level All you need is a high school education
    • Data Scientist

Start Date December 3, 2020
      Data science is a complex and intricate field. It involves structuring and analyzing large amounts of data, employing machine learning to make predictions, identifying patterns, and drawing conclusions. Data scientists are needed in business, manufacturing, and science. They work with tools such as Python and its libraries, including Scikit-Learn and XGBoost, the Jupyter Notebook, and SQL. Practicum’s mission is to teach you how to use these tools and help you become a competitive junior data scientist. Over the course of our eight-month, 20-hour-per-week training course, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of projects.
      Minimum Skill LevelAll you need is a high school education
    • Web Developer

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Node.js, Front End, SQL
      Start Date December 3, 2020
      A web developer is a software engineer who develops websites using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, builds user interfaces with React (a JavaScript library), works as part of a team with Git, and uses Webpack to bundle project files automatically. Web developers understand how web servers work: they can configure Nginx and build a server in Node.js. Practicum’s mission is to teach you how to use these tools and help you become a competitive junior web developer. Over the course of our 10-month, 20-hour-per-week training course, you’ll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent web developer.
      Minimum Skill LevelAll you need is a high school education
    • Satisfied!
      - 1/22/2020
      Ida Lewis • Graduate

I really enjoyed my mentors – Grigoriy, Darya, and Aleksey! They did a great job making sure to explain the theory in an easy to digest way. At one point, I was really freaking out about my first responsive design assignment. But Grigoriy was so super-reassuring and helpful in his feedback, that I started to feel very confident. As a result, now I know how to design a mobile-first site that will look great on any screen. And more!

The best course ever. Don't hesitate to take it if you want to learn how to build websites and apps. I had no background at all, but those awesome mentors did a very good job explaining the basics. The lectures were easy to follow. Immediate practice and satisfaction after completing every assignment made me want more. And here I am now, a proud owner of the course certificate and all the knowledge I wouldn't get elsewhere. Thanks so much, guys!

• Janice Gray

I was very excited to find this training. I work in web development for several years now. And I am always looking for high-quality learning resources for our interns. I thought an intensive 7-months course would be a great addition to their 20 hours per week internships, and oh my, was I right.

Practicum instructors clearly have real-world industry experience and are tech-native. The whole course leads you from the very basics all to the way up to final project culmination. And I can tell you that the knowledge acquired in this course is very close to what I expect from a junior developer when considering him for a full-time position. Apps and landings projects you work on during the course are far from being trivial. They will prepare you for real-world web development if you work hard enough.

At first, I thought that there was a little too much hand-holding. But then I realized that there are people with no IT background doing it on their own at their homes, so the amount of hand-holding is just about right. Finally, the course is a great quality/price compromise and is adequately timed.

• James Anaya • Graduate

What makes Practicum training stand out is its instructors. Web Development mentors are young and techie. They have a lot of practical experience in what they teach. You actually get to interact with them, and they are ready to help and always available to answer your questions. That's what I call pure dedication. Also, I was very nervous about submitting my first coding for review. Apparently, at 35, I still hate being graded! But after receiving the feedback on my first submission, I stopped thinking about the grades and concentrated on the learning process. Many thanks to instructors and the entire Practicum team for these 9 months of intensive learning (I even code in my dreams now!))). Cheers :)

• Roger R. Francis

This was my first experience with online learning. I had no particular expectations except for wanting to learn how to build a simple website for my side hustle. I started with a free part of the course and finally ended up completing the full 9 months of Web development training! If someone had told me six months ago that I'd write a music app in JavaScript and know how to create websites and admin panels, I would have laughed in their face. But guess what, I did it all, thanks to Practicum!

The thing I liked the most was that there were no big scary chunks of information. On the contrary. The theory was delivered step-by-step in smaller bits and dozes. And the course made us apply them into practice as we went. The interactive platform was very intuitive and learner-friendly. And the mentors were very supportive and commented on every assignment. It's hands down the best course ever. If I could complete it, you can.

• Very well done.
      - 1/15/2020
      Timothy Franks • Graduate

Very well done. The information was well explained in the videos. Every concept was illustrated by a good example and followed by a practical assignment. This helped digest information and understandeach concept clearly. Learners get real-life tasks from the course' day one. This helped me a lot with not forgetting what I'd just learned :DI feel like I was spending more time on my assignments than an average learner (especially when it came to running SQL queries). So mentors' accessibility was highly appreciated. Keeping regular contact with every course instructor really helped me claw through the difficulties of stats and coding.I really recommend this 6-month course to anyone who struggles with basic stats and wants to learn how to structure and analyze data, and how to apply it in business. Thank you, Practicum team, for this intensive learning experience.

• Doris Patton • Graduate

A very apprehensible and exciting approach to teaching! The program is structured really well, my professors were coherent and easy-going, the assigned tasks give you a good glimpse of the real life practical application of what you’re learning, and in case I reached out for help my issue was addressed within a very short timeframe, so I’m going with Practicum for the best education online.

• Jenny Takahashi • Student

Big Data and Data Analysis are the next big things and I wanted to study now so I could get hired later. 7 months, I’m tired, but I keep going, and I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for this wonderful resource by the name of Practicum. I can learn, practice, ask questions, explore, connect with people and enjoy myself while investing in my future. Moreover, it doesn’t require you to sacrifice all of your free time - 10 hours a week does it perfectly. A+ grade for everything.

• lovely stuff
      - 1/9/2020
      Katie Perez • Graduate

Lovely stuff! I would rate the classes an overall 9/10. Comprehensive, good-looking website. What you are promised is delivered: the classes are exciting, fun and informative, the personnel is friendly and the requirements are fair yet demanding. In my current attempts at upswinging my web-developer career, having Yandex Practikum as my sidekick is very helpful.

• Great job
      - 12/27/2019
      Douglas S. McCall

I’ve been waiting forever to find a platform like this! What I love is how straight-forward everything is, since I’m basically given a free course from as soon as I land on the website. The trial version is 20 hours long, filled with loads of practical tasks to help you get a taste of what you should be studying before you pay a dollar, which caught my attention right away, because that’s how the customer should always be treated. Great job.

• John Trevino • Graduate

I am pleased with the course. Not all the tasks were 100% straightforward, which helped keep my brain active. However, I'd like to have some additional problems to really master my knowledge.

• Byron Martinez • Graduate

It’s an amazing platform if you want to get practical knowledge. Practicum by Yandex is a trustworthy service that helped me gain skills that I believe will be useful for my future career. Every course contains free intro classes as well as a full paid option. A trial run is a good way to find out if this course is right for you.

• Barbara Hughes • blogger/writer • Graduate

My name is Jordan, and I am a writer. Or a travel blogger. You name it :) I mostly post on Instagram and Facebook. And even though I've been thinking about a personal website for a while, the idea of building it myself has never even crossed my mind. That's a lie. I tried wix one time but gave up pretty fast. I've always been a humanities kind of kid, so everything that had to do with IT seemed unspeakably boring to me.

When my roommate started taking a course on Practicum, I began to be curious. Naturally, I thought I'd only take a peek at the free part of the course. But the method of practice-driven learning that comes along with the entire program made me enroll full-time. Plus, I was taken aback by how similar can coding be with creative writing! FYI, in my case, full-time meant studying for somewhat 12 hours per week for six months. The emphasis on hands-on experience is how I prefer to learn. And it's still hard to believe, but during the course, I actually built a site, a landing page, and an app! What started as an attempt to scratch an itch of my permanent curiosity (he-he), turned out to be a whole new path to pursue.

Huge thanks to all instructors for your continuous encouragement throughout the course. Thanks for being so gentle when delivering feedback. And lastly, thanks to Practicum for showing me that coding is such a creative thing.