nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Albuquerque, Athens, Atlanta, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Baltimore, Bellingham, Billings, Boise, Boulder, Cambridge, Charleston, Charlotte, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Detroit, Durham, Fayetteville, Fort Collins, Fort Lauderdale, Fresno, Greensboro, Honolulu, Houston, Houston, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Irvine, Jacksonville, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Lincoln, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Louisville, Madison, Marysville, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Nashville, New Orleans, New York City, Omaha, Orem, Orlando, Orlando, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, Reno, Reno, Richmond, Rochester, Rochester, Sacramento, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Savannah, Seattle, Seattle, Sioux Falls, Spokane, Stamford, St. Louis, St. Paul, Tacoma, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington, Washington, Wilmington, Wilmington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 18-week full-stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the state of Washington and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn full stack web development online during the week, and then meet in person on the weekends for further learning. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps.

Prospective students should have a working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. To apply, one must fill out an online form and quiz to assess knowledge and interest. The course is capped at 12 students. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. Students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.92

all (36) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

• Front End Web and Mobile Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Android, iOS, Front End
      Hybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Houston, Milwaukee, Raleigh, Reno, Seattle, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane
      Create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat
      HTML, CSS and JavaScript
    • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat
      HTML, CSS and JavaScript
    • Web Development Fundamentals

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
      $320
      This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.

• Daniil Krets • Student

I really appreciated nucamp's approach to teaching: it's perfect for people working 40hrs a week and having no opportunity to give up their jobs to learn to code.
      The instructor helps deal with concept that are hard to understand, share best practices and give opportunity to discuss assignments and learn online as well as in person.
      In comparison one day bootcamps or full-time 12-week courses are expensive and time-consuming.  Nucamp's approach is flexible, goes deeper and the price is very affordable.

• Web Fundamentals
      - 9/10/2019
      Scott Barkley  User Photo
      Scott Barkley • Graduate Verified via GitHub

For me, Nucamp's pace of learning had the mix of online and in person training and accountability that best fit my situation. I would highly recommend Nucamp for any person wanting to explore a web development career.

• Travis McDaniel  User Photo
      Travis McDaniel • A & P Mechanic • Student Verified via GitHub

I chose Nucamp because of cost and the ability to work at home online to complete the course. It was a great experience and stepping stone into the Web Fundamentals and prepped me for the Fullstack course. It was challenging but not overwhelming. Gaining new resources like Slack, Git/GitHub and W3 Schools are just some of the tools I was exposed to. I'm completely satisfied with my choice.

• Full Stack Corse
      - 8/31/2019
      Rocky Kev  User Photo
      Rocky Kev • Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Nucamp because it fits within my schedule, and combines a flipped classroom style of learn on your own time, and then meet to discuss and troubleshoot. The accountability and due dates means we are always pushing. There's also a lot of instructors/students who are working together to help you go farther/faster compared to self-learning - thanks to Slack. I'm always excited to meet my classmates and I every single day, I'm improving in my skill as a developer.

• Talon  User Photo
      Talon • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Nucamp's Intro to HTML, CSS, and Javascript course and just finished up. It's only a month long, really affordable and I definitely recommend it. It's not hard, the videos throughout the week really go in depth at explaining every topic well. I think it's the perfect class to make sure you understand how these three languages interact with each other on a basic level while not being too hard for people brand new to these concepts. It was perfect for me as I learned more than I'd previously known about how to interact with elements via JavaScript.

I work two jobs and don't have a lot of spare cash, so this course is perfect for me with flexibility throughout the week and only relying on Saturday mornings. I'm already signed up to pursue the Full Stack Web and Mobile Course knowing that I'm going to have a good time learning these concepts.

• Robert Casey  User Photo
      Robert Casey • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

The availability to get help from all sources: instructor, peers as well as online; provided me with a better sense of the working environment of computer programming.  Especially important since just online sources lead me into a stagnant cycle of learning.

• Nucamp is great!
      - 7/18/2019
      Chris  User Photo
      Chris • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Nucamp because it was affordable, offered structured courses, and generated discipline to code. Over time, I went from someone who had very limited experience in HTML/CSS/JS to debugging our mobile app using an Android emulator and helping others write complex JavaScript code. This took about three months. Coding, like most work, is what you make of it. Nucamp helped to facilitate my desire for a greater career, and something I'm genuinely passionate about, and get me moving in the right direction to make radical life changes. I have already recommended this course to a few other people and I hope they sign up - it's so exciting!

• Great intro course
      - 4/12/2019
      Christina  User Photo
      Christina • Ecommerce Manager • Student Verified via LinkedIn
      I am only rating the Web Fundamentals course. Great atmosphere, great community, and great teacher. I think looking for your own resources is a must while doing this course. There is so much to get familiar with when you are beginner! Nucamp gives you the will and courage to push and want more. It also gives you the basics and a little more to have solid foundations and confidence you need to pursue! I will be following their Front End & Mobile course for sure!
    • Nucamp
      - 2/10/2019
      Jose Alcaraz  User Photo
      Jose Alcaraz Verified via GitHub

The thing I liked the most about Nucamp is that it is very affordable! They also have a very knowledgable team that goes above and beyond to help the students. The cons of taking any coding Bootcamp, in general, are that you will have A LOT to learn in a short amount of time and will come across many terms that wont make any sense. But don't be discouraged! because one of the benefits of it is that you are exposed to so many technologies and tools that will be really beneficial. I feel like iv grown so much in a short amount of time and will continue to grow after completing the Nucamp courses.

• Nucamp
      - 2/5/2019
      Sergey Popach  User Photo
      Sergey Popach • lab technician • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Nucamp school because of two reasons: (1) convenient location; (2) low cost. The responsiveness, commitment and flexibility of instructors (as well as other Nucamp staff) toward to students are so special that I never experienced before in any other institutions I have known. I'm really enlightened by studying software development in this school and every workshop becomes like a holiday vacation for me after long hours of work.

• Tilak  User Photo
      Tilak Verified via GitHub

Thanks to Nucamp for all the knowledge and hands-on training. The Teachers are knowledgeable, experienced and helpful.  Highly recommended Bootcamp in the town.

• Aaron G  User Photo
      Aaron G • Student Verified via GitHub
      It was nice to have the time to learn code in a relaxed setting. Being able to do the course work online during the week then meet up on the weekends to go over the work and get any additional help from the instructors was a great way to learn
    • NuCamp
      - 9/7/2019
      Mara munoz • Administrative Assistant • Student

I choose NuCamp because of the low cost. I enjoyed NuCamp because it pushed me to learn more in a short period of time. It was a good experience, and I am hoping to participate in the full stack bootcamp.

• Ric Cross • Student

I looked at various bootcamp options before giving Nucamp a shot. Most other offerings are far more expensive and are significant investments in time and money. I was pleased with the Nucamp Web Fundamentals course which lasted 4 weeks and will likely move forward with the Full Stack Developer course (22 week commitment) after this experience. The course is arranged so that you can work a regular 9-5 job, using off time to study/code to prepare for the Saturday 5 hour meet-up hosted by the instructor. The format worked well for me despite the distractions thrown at me by life. I enjoyed having a more structured approach to the material than I would have had access to if I had chosen to "go it alone, teach myself" by buying a book or just googling it. Having the instructor and classmates to bounce questions off of resolved issues and expanded knowledge faster than the singular approach.

• Carmen Montanez • Student

I chose new camp as a way to continue my education while at the same time working on a full-time job.

The classes were fun! Lots of opportunity for interaction, asking questions and helping each other. I took the course online entirely, including the in-class portion.

Nucamp delivered!: cost, quality, support, interactivity, communication. I am very pleased with the lessons and have learnt a lot!

The online modules are well constructed, the lectures are very clear and the support materials are on point. The videos selected are accessible and the instructor in them explains really clearly, in a very positive note. I would take a class in person with him if I could.

Every assignment is helpful in providing practice for the weekly in-class project. The weekly in-class project summarizes really well what is learnt. Each of the assignments are examples that can be applied to real situations for a developer.

Loved my online instructor, very supportive and knowledgeable, always encouraging students to learn from each other and share his wisdom. I do appreciate that very much Austin!

• Joshua • Truck Driver

I chose Nucamp coding bootcamp because I wanted to see if coding is something I could enjoy. I work full time and overtime, so other schooling is not right for me; 2-3 hours online during the week and one weekend day in person is workable. The price is well worth the experiment. In my case, I enjoyed the beginner bootcamp so much that I've signed up for the more extensive bootcamp. A few people quit halfway through. I can't help but think they found it worthwhile, though. I would have; even if it wasn't for me. Knowing is better than the opposite.

• David S. • Graduate

I've chosen Nucamp for its flexibility, convenient schedule, and affordability. But the best part of the process were the in-person classes, thanks to our teacher Alex Smith, who did a wonderful job explaining complicated materials in an easy-to-grasp way, and helping with and correcting our projects without being judgmental or negative. All in all, the course was both fun and productive, and I'm looking forward to go on for the full-stack program at Nucamp in the nearest future.

• Valentino Contri • Student

Nucamp allowed me the opportunity to learn a lot about the programming world in a month. It highlighted some weaknesses I have as a student, but the in class workshops have given me the confidence to continue self-paced learning and self-directed projects. It was an excellent introduction to the topic and the cost was the best I could find in the bootcamp market. I would highly recommend for anyone looking for a crash course in the basics and will look to Nucamp for an extended bootcamp when I am ready for the commitment of 22weeks. Thanks for the program!

• Stan

I chose Nucamp because I saw the affordable price and the flexibility for adults who works full time. I really enjoyed the workshop meets on Saturdays. It really tied everything today. Even though it was 4 hours long it did not feel like it, time flies by fast when you're learning.

• Review
      - 9/1/2019
      Luis Briones • Student

One of the reasons why I chose Nucamp was because of the price, its very affordable, and because they offered online par-time classes.
      Nucamp helped me a lot to understand the basics of html, css and javascript.
      The professor on the videos was very knowledgeable and explained the material in a very understandable way. Also our workshop instructor was very talented and very optimistic by motivating us and explaining us if we were struggling to understand certain material.
      I highly recommend Nucamp to anyone working full-time jobs and because of the affordable price.

• Jacques Murinda
      - 8/5/2019
      Jacques Murinda • Student

Nucamp is great. I choose Nucamp because it is cost effective. It has a mix of online and face to face training approach which makes it easier for me to continue training. I truly enjoyed Bootstrap course.

• Auzzie Sheard • Student

I had a very good experience in Nucamp's Fundamentals course (HTML, CSS, Javascript) course, and it was definitely worth the investment, and would recommend it without hesitation. A great place to start exploring CS!

I am considering a career change and Nucamp offered the best way to do that. It was only non-full-time program that met in person, and one of the few that were in my price range. I had tried an online only course on Udemy and failed to stick with it. That said, they are worth considering because they do a great job focusing on the educational aspect of the course. I certainly benefited from structure of this bootcamp, which caters toward working adults.

I found the “flipped classroom” approach to be very useful. By having the instructional content online, and the activities in person, I was able to utilize my peers and instructors to ask questions and collaborate like you would in dev job. The in-person assignments do a good, not great, job of utilizing all the skills you learn during the week. To get the most out of the class, I would recommend some time to reflect on what you learned last week, and to explore a couple of concepts you are currently learning in more depth. Or look at things that are related to what you are learning that week, to help flesh things out. You certainly have the time to do so. There is not too much content each day to explore things a little more and find something to spark your curiosity and motivate you further.

During the course, I felt confident in my abilities to learn new skills, and confident in Nucamp’s ability to teach new and more challenging concepts. Thus, I have decided to continue with their full stack course. I just started the Bootstrap version and the high quality of instruction continues, and am exicted for what's next in my CS journey thanks to Nucamp.

You can use my referral code (A72VHU) to save even more $! Bon Voyage!

• Micah Mount • Support Team Lead • Student

I highly recommend Nucamp--it has been a fantastic experience thus far. The structure and course content strike the perfect balance of in-depth teaching and realistic time expectations for those completing Nucamp while working full time.

The instructors are second to none; knowledgeable, personable and able to teach complex development concepts with clarity, grace and eloquence. They make you feel accepted and smart as you're learning--truly invaluable for motivation and exponential learning!

• Jenn Cai • Graduate

​With the countless MOOCs available these days, I have yet to commit to one and complete it.
      I found the learning experience offered by nucamp very effective in helping me reach my goals.
      It provided structure and collaboration that are otherwise missing when following online material on your own.
      Overall, it was an enjoyable experience and would be a great resource for serious learners.