nology-logo

Nology

Bristol, London, Manchester, Melbourne, Online, Sydney

Nology

_nology is a Tech Training and Talent hub that offers a 12-week, intensive online Software Developer Training Course.  The Software Developer Training Course was designed to take exceptional people who have little or no technical background, and equip them with the skills and experience to shape them into job-ready developers. By making technology an accessible career path no matter their background, _nology aims to encourage a more diverse range of people and skill sets into the sector.

The Software Developer Training Course covers development fundamentals, full stack JavaScript, databases, design principles, professional development, and career coaching. Students are taught by experienced in-house trainers, and learn through project work in an Agile environment, do pair programming and test-driven development. Students will also have the opportunity to work on real-life projects.

_nology students receive career support, such as interview preparation, job searching with tech recruiters, and networking events with hiring partners. Through _nology’s partnership with tech recruitment consultancy, Opus Recruitment Solutions, _nology has a network of 200+ specialist recruiters who work with more than 2,000 companies. This partnership opens the doors to multiple job opportunities to kickstart every _nology student’s new tech career.

No previous coding experience is required to apply for the Software Developer Training Course. To apply, candidates must fill out an online form and upload their CV/resume, and participate in a phone interview.

Recent Nology Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (32) reviews for Nology →

Recent Nology News

• 12 Week Software Developer Course

Cost£6,975
      Designed to fast-track your career, our intensive Software Developer Course teaches you everything you need to become a Software Developer in just 12 weeks. Most importantly, we'll help to secure your first job thanks to our our partnership with world-leading tech recruitment consultancy, Opus Recruitment Solutions and their team of 200+ specialist recruiters. The course is delivered fully remotely, using video conferencing, screen sharing and many other tools for online collaboration. You will work alongside a group of trainees and participate in live interactive training sessions. You will gain hands-on experience of coding in multiple programming languages, frameworks and tools that employers are looking for right now, including: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, GIT and a host of other professional software skills. You'll graduate from the course with a portfolio to showcase your coding experience and set you up for a smooth transition into your exciting new career in tech. The _nology course will open the doors to a number of exciting tech roles. After 12 weeks of immersive learning, you will be ready to start your career in Software Development. The majority of _nologists start their tech careers as Junior Developers, however, some have taken on more speciliased roles in UX/UI, Testing/QA, Devops and Product/Analyst roles.
      We have partnered with four reputable funding providers who offer a range of student loans options.
    • Part Time Software Developer Course

Cost£3,500
      The _nology Part Time Software Developer Course will offer you the flexibility to train at a pace that suits you over a period of up to 12 months. The course will equip you with both the coding and professional skills to shape you into a job-ready developer. You will gain practical experience of coding in multiple programming languages, frameworks and tools that employers are looking for right now, including: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Node.js, Express, GIT and a whole host of other software fundamentals. The course will be conducted fully remotely, via a blend of pre-recorded video training content, online assessments, personal and client project work, live group stand-up sessions and 1-1 feedback calls with our team of Software Coaches. Through our partnership with Opus Recruitment Solutions, a global leader in tech recruitment, we are connected to more than 200 specialist consultants, who will help you to land your first job and kickstart your career after the course.
      Deposit£600
    • Ali  User Photo
      Ali • Front-End Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I’ve just finished a 12-week course at Nology. It’s been an amazing experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in starting a career in software development.

The course is quite intense, 40+ hours a week and an expectation to catch up on concepts and work on personal projects in your spare time. However, none of this was too much as there was a lot of support from the trainers, and the challenges we were set were a lot of fun to complete.

I was impressed that the course didn’t just focus on coding but every aspect of becoming a great developer. For example, we had a week on soft-skills, numerous sessions on career development and interview preparation, and frequent visits from tech CEOs who we could ask questions to. The course is also connected to Opus Recruitment, so through that, we were all set up with interviews in the final week of the course . 2 weeks after finishing I’ve just accepted an offer for a junior developer role in Bath!

• Eduardo Romero  User Photo
      Eduardo Romero • Front-end Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I took part in the 3rd intake. Right from the start you can see how much work has been put into it and how they are constantly finding ways to improve. This are 3 months where you can push yourself the most and have someone with expertise guide all your efforts into the best direction possible. It will give you back as much as you put in, so use the time wisely. Their aim is clear from the beginning; make you a great developer. And they will treat you as such from the start. It will give real life experience, with a real project and you'll be part of a team who is willing to put as much effort, or eve more, as you. You may not end up working with the tech they teach, but they will have given you the tools to learn any new tech you get thrown.
    • Course Review
      - 7/9/2019
      Mohammed Motara  User Photo
      Mohammed Motara • DevOps • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I attended the second bootcamp _nology ran. The bootcamp is designed to be intense. If you learn well in this environment then you will do just fine. The bootcamp is structured in a way that fosters a collegiate and collaborative atmosphere amongst students.

In terms of career prospects, the course allowed me to question and improve my skills in tech.

• Myles Carey  User Photo
      Myles Carey • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Really good experience where the people you do the course with make it! We had a fantastic team coupled with great trainers and that meant we could all learn in the very best environment. This led to me getting a role that I love as a UX Developer. I don't regret one bit of it!
    • Kieran Taylor  User Photo
      Kieran Taylor • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      • If you're looking for a way into the tech world, or you have no idea what career path you want to take then this is a fantastic place to start. I went into this course not knowing what HTML was, but I came out with the ability to make full web applications from scratch.
      • I studied physics at Uni, and even though that looks good on paper, job opportunities outside of the physics world were rare for me. Employers would be making a pretty big investment because they don't know how capable you are. If you do this course, not only do employers know that you have the ability to learn at a fast pace, but you'll also have a demonstratable ability to code and a portfolio of projects you can show them. Type "Junior Web Developer" into "indeed" and you'll be inundated with roles, and by the end of _nology you'll have the skills and potential to fill any of those roles.
      • The learning environment is the best kind because it only takes the pros from learning in a school and in a job, and mashes them together. It's like a job in the sense that you're gaining all the experience you would in a real job, and a school in the sense that making mistakes has no consequences. It's also the best kind of environment because it's just super fun working with your friends in a collaborative environment.
      • I feel much more confident in myself. Theres a focus on professional development and I can carry myself so much better in presentations and interviews, which are skills (that are just as important as your coding skills) that you can apply to almost anything you do.
    • Akash Mair  User Photo
      Akash Mair • Software developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The 12 weeks at Nology gives you the best possible start to becoming a developer and starting your career in tech. The core skills learnt aren't necessarily the coding languages but the values that should be in every developer; from building your confidence to becoming more resilent and open to challenges. Those values are nurtured and you are encouraged to take the steps into becoming the best developers you can be!
      Having completed Nology I feel much more confident in my ability even though my job uses a different tech stack because of the values instilled into me during the 12 weeks it doesn't feel as much as a challenge. I would highly recommend Nology to anyone who is looking to take their first step into tech, the support you'll have is what makes this course so unique. The trainers are dedicated to make sure you get the very best out of the 12 weeks and will put their very all into helping you succeed.

• Luke  User Photo
      Luke • Junior web developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The course at Nology was refreshingly different from other courses I’ve been a part of. The experience I gained from the course was invaluable, not only did we go through the theory and history of coding but the trainers gave us lots of opportunity to put the theory into practice through a series of coding challenges and projects from external businesses.

Over the 3 months of the course I saw a more then noticeable difference in my coding ability, I came to the course with little to no previous coding experience and with the fantastic help of the trainers I left with a great deal of knowledge and experience. The trainers there were extremely helpful with any problems I had with any of my work. I also left with my soft skills being boosted through-out the course.

The type of environment the trainers at Nology promoted was one of collaboration, this made the high intensity parts of the course more easily manageable and made it somewhere I was looking forward to going everyday.

• George Webster  User Photo
      George Webster • Software Developer (was doing this role before the course) • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Having done this course after completing a 3 year Computer Science degree it's interesting to see the differences.

Pros:

- This course teaches right from the beginning, no previous experience necessary

- You will come out of this course with a greater knowledge (within the specific areas you study) than a Computer Science graduate (again, just those areas not overall)

- In a degree you would have a couple of hours a week contact time for each module so the content you learn is limited, here you'll be working 9-5 on it

- You will get to work on real world projects that have an impact on the clients who pitch them

- You chose the projects you work on so you're in control and can have a greater sense of pride of what you achieve

- Nology doesn't teach software, they create developers. There's a big difference between the two, you learn in a simulated work environment and they focus on the useful skills you need to easily join a team.

Cons:

- This is a relatively new course so of course there is some risk and hesitation, I hope this review has put that (to some extent) to rest

- When I attended there was just the one trainer and a lot of work for them to do to manage the course overall (remember this is very different to a traditional educaitonal course) with that in mind there was plenty of support for the group but not as much 1-1 as you might hope for, so code reviews weren't frequent. Had this been more often I would have gotten more from it. Keep in mind this was the first time the course was run and credit to them they did a fantastic job, I'm sure this isn't a problem you would face.

- The office (In Bristol incase Nology grows into more than one) is primarily a recruitment office. There is a lot of ambient noise which can be a real pain.

To summarise:

- If you decide to give it a go you'll have an amazing time.

- The team are very driven towards developing you and they do genuinely care about your success.

- You will meet like minded young people interested in pursuing a career in tech.

- You don't need any prior experience.

- You will get out of it what you put into it. Be aware that this will push you and you'll have to work for it (if it were easy everyone would do it).

• Shea  User Photo
      Shea • Junior trainer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The nology course was exactly as advertised, both in terms of what was required of me and what I would get out of it at the end.

The trainers were always willing to spend their spare time working with people eager to get some extra hours in. In addition to this, the candidates selected for the course helped create a collaborative environment that made those times of particularly high intensity more manageable.

During the course my code quality was vastly improved by repeated opportunities to apply what I had learned, whether in isolated challenges or real-world projects. My soft skills also got a boost through the regular contact we had with businesses of varying sizes.

Having never coded previously, choosing to join this course took serious consideration but the fact that 3 months later I was in my first job in the tech industry - and confident I deserved my place there - proves it was a decision well made.

• Josh  User Photo
      Josh • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I really enjoyed my time at _nology. The course is a really refreshing, engaging way of learning, and the practicality that comes from learning while working on actual projects feels invaluable.

The learning environment is great and the pace, whilst quick, isn't overwhelming, and both Craig and Liam are more than happy to sit down and explain any of the more difficult or abstract concepts.

It's not all just work either - there's a social side to the course too, and there's regular social events put on by Pete and the team. I really recommend it!

• Steve Maguire • Graduate
      An amazingly well managed course with a great support team. Intensive but well run classes handled by fantastic coaches, with ongoing recruitment support from Opus. What more could you ask for?