lighthouse-logo

Lighthouse

Atlanta

Lighthouse

Lighthouse is a coding bootcamp that offers full-time, 14–16 week, and part-time, 12–26 week courses in software engineering, data science and analytics, digital marketing, and experience design in Atlanta, Georgia. The courses include both front end and back end design in a variety of computer languages, like HTML5 and CSS3, JavaScript, UX Design, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB as well as current data and analytics topics, Google SEO, Adwords, Linkedin API and more, giving students the tools needed for this very dynamic field. Lighthouse was founded on a belief that anyone, with the right tools and skills available to them, has the potential to construct the technology career they desire and to remain relevant in the field.

Lighthouse’s application process begins with the completion of an online contact form, which requires some information about the applicant and their goals. A student advisor will reach out to the applicant to set up a face-to-face meeting to review the application, discuss the programs in detail, and answer any questions that remain for the applicant. If the program seems to fit, then the potential student is provided with the paperwork to complete enrollment. A deposit of $1,500 is required to secure a seat in the class, with a full refund available if the student withdraws before classes begin. Income Share Agreements (ISAs) are available for a limited number of students in any given cohort.

Lighthouse partners with a variety of big-name employers, like Apple, UPS, Coka-Cola, Delta, Amazon, Accenture, Google, Sun Trust, NCR, Honeywell, AT&T, CNN, BlackRock, Microsoft, Chick-fil-A, Deloitte, HDSupply, Cox, and State Farm. These employer partnerships help Lighthouse provide their students with hands-on experience in a real work environment. While there is no job guarantee, Lighthouse staff members work closely with students to fine-tune their resumes and focus on job opportunities, helping to augment the student's skills to match those needed by employers. Continued mentoring is available after graduation to assure the success of their graduates.

Recent Lighthouse Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (8) reviews for Lighthouse →

Recent Lighthouse News

• Data Science & Analytics Intensive Program (Flex-Time)

LocationAtlanta
    Data has become one of the most important things in today’s tech-filled world. Through our part-time intensive program, we prepare you to harness the power of data for any industry from fintech to healthcare. You’ll be equipped with knowledge in data, statistical, and regression analyses, machine learning, data visualization, and engineering, and more. Scheduled for two evening weekdays plus a Saturday morning, our intensive course is perfect for students who are looking for something to fit into their current work schedule. EVENINGS Standups Lectures and Labs Algorithm Challenges WEEKENDS Standups Algorithm Challenges Career Coaching
    DepositNo Application Fees $500 Deposit
    Please read our detailed course catalog for more details.
    Tuition PlansWe do offer an installment plan. Student loans where eligible are offered by Meritize. Please read our detailed course catalog for more details.
    Refund / GuaranteePlease read the catalog. As per GNPEC guidelines
    ScholarshipIn response to COVID-19 pandemic many have been impacted. In order to support, Lighthouse is offering $3000 Discount for its flex-Courses and waiving off admissions fees also.
    Minimum Skill LevelHigh-school diploma and understanding of basic statistics concepts.
    Prep WorkAttend Free Data Science workshops offered by Lighthouse.
  • Learn UX Design with Sharif York - Discovering Customer Needs to Retain Customers Part 1 & Part 2 (online)

Digital Marketing, Design, User Experience Design
    OnlineFull Time6 Hours/week1 Week
    LocationAtlanta
    Join Product Designer Sharif York in this two part workshop as he shares his knowledge on how to discover customer needs to retain customers through UX Design. Learn about common user research methods as well as how to synthesize research. This will be an online event. Webinar links will be provided to registered attendees closer to the event date.
    DepositNot Applicable
  • Using Data Science in Business

Data Science, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    OnlineFull Time1 Hours/week1 Week
    LocationAtlanta
    Ever wonder how Data Science is used in the world of business or thinking of becoming a Data Scientist? Join Dr. Frances Boykin at "Using Data Science in Business" as she shares her knowledge and passion of data science as a profession and the various data science tools and techniques used in the field. This event will be held online. Webinar link will be provided to registered attendees closer to event date.
    DepositNot Applicable
    Tuition PlansNot Applicable
    Refund / GuaranteeNot Applicable
    ScholarshipNot Appliable. Please Check Lighthouse Couse Catalog.
    Minimum Skill LevelHigh School Diploma and interest in Data Science.
  • Sloan  User Photo
    Sloan • Software Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     As I am getting closer to the data side of things working as a Software Engineer and this workshop showed up at the perfect time to introduce me to data science and analytics. Not only that but having exposure to working with python, R, and even some Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and AI.

Dr. Boykin did a great job relating the material to practical real-world usage. I found her on-the-job experience and anecdotes incredibly insightful. Especially when it comes to how important communicating with business about data and discussion of the crucial soft-skills necessary in today's world.

• Amazing Bootcamp
    - 2/7/2020
    Tyana  User Photo
    Tyana • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    The software engineering immersive bootcamp seriously changed my life for the better, I've been looking to do a career change and trust me this was the best choice yet! The instructors are resourceful and knowledgeable and I couldn't of gotten through the course without them and their help! What I really love the course is that you learn both front end and back end, so everything from css and JavaScript to mongoDB and databases. But it doesn't stop there, you also get a lot of career support to help you land a job afterwards. My vote is 10/10 you won't be sorry that you've picked this bootcamp!
  • Lo  User Photo
    Lo • Ke Verified via GitHub
    Coming from a technical background I had the foundations of software development however I wanted to switch things up and became curious about Data Science so I came across Lighthouse and attending the Data Science Immersive was one of the best things I could have done. I gained so much knowledge, I was challenged and I got to learn from some of the best! It wasn’t easy but it defiantly was worth it!
  • Mannex Pimentel  User Photo
    Mannex Pimentel • Software Engineer Verified via GitHub

I recently completes the Data Science Immersive course with Lighthouse in September, 2019.  My experience there was extremley challenging and also extremley fullfilling.  The program was rigourous and the support provided was just as consistent. My mentor appointed by Lighthouse played a major role in my success in the program and continues to be support when needed.  Overall the bootcamp was an excellent way to rapidily upskill my current position as a Software Engineer.  I had prior experience with Python which did make it a bit easier but the homework assignment still took the entire night and sometimes even more to complete. The TA's also made sure to go over the assignments the following day if the class was still having trouble with topics.  The small class size also made the experience more enjoyable as well. The collaborative, hands on apporach relieved some of the stress during the 14 weeks at Lighthouse.

• Monica Cherry • I/O Psychologist • Student
    The Lighthouse programs are very professional.  The Alliance Center is located near the Buckhead MARTA Train Station. The lecture rooms are comfortable and contain up to date technology. The free Data Analytics workshop was a great introduction to the field of Data Science.  Dr. Frances Boykin is a highly skilled and knowledgeable Data Scientist. She made the lectures relatable and engaging. I highly recommend this course.
  • Mikaela Paul • Data Scientist • Graduate

I recently graduated from Data Science Immersive program. My time at Lighthouse was very challenging with real-time projects but all the students had guidance from Mentors from time to time which helped us in learn in-depth concepts. Constant support from our mentors pushed us towards graduating from the course as it covered deep data science concepts. Also, some of my classmates were new to Data Science or programming in general but with the help of experts appointed by Lighthouse, they were able to complete the program. Data Science being the top in the job market, it is essential for me to know the root concepts of it. Lighthouse provides a curriculum that not only covers the root concepts, it also gave me an opportunity to reflect on what I learned through real-world data problems as a capstone project.

• Marley • Student

When I was deciding where to learn coding I decided to go for Lighthouse because I was looking for a program that really knew what the industry and market needed. I was worried about my marketability, but Lighthouse's program was really helpful in helping me to build my confidence through their curriculum and their Mentors for Success program.

This Data Science Course covered a lot of topics from data science career roles, fundamental data analytics skills including graphing and visualizations in addition to some machine Learning and artificial Intelligence concepts.  The instructor was an industry professional  very knowledgeable about current data science practices and offered great tips for students pursuing careers in data science and encouraged participating  in peer data science events. Overall I found the course to be a comprehensive introduction to data science.