learningfuze-logo

LearningFuze

Irvine, Online, Orange County

LearningFuze

LearningFuze offers a full immersion 12-week web development bootcamp and part-time hybrid online course in Irvine and Orange County, California. Students learn full-stack front and back end development including HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, MySQL, React, Git/GitHub, Node.JS, Bootstrap, and Firebase. Teaching includes problem-solving skills, essential workplace and interviewing skills, and programmer mindset training. The program doesn't require a degree or professional programming experience but does require that students have the right qualities as well as a dedication to learning and making a full-time commitment. Discounts, payment plans, and student loans which can also be used for living expenses are available. The full immersion program includes a 2-week prep class and a 12-week in-person course. After graduation, students will continue to be plugged in to LearningFuze through the alumni network and the included job-search assistance. LearningFuze also offers a part-time intro course on nights and weekends.

Recent LearningFuze Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (133) reviews for LearningFuze →

Recent LearningFuze News

Read all (33) articles about LearningFuze →
  • Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp

September 23, 2019
    Orange County
    The 12 week full immersion program teaches those technologies most in need in the marketplace with a heavy focus on JavaScript and the LAMP stack to become full stack web developers at the conclusion. The curriculum has been honed to provide the technical skills to compete for a job in the marketplace and so that graduates can learn any chosen technology. In addition, the program focuses on the soft skills related to web development so that students not only have a polished portfolio of projects but the presentation and interview skills to effectively compete in the marketplace. In summary, students learn by doing with the support of instructors that have been successful commercial developers for many years.
    $250 Seat Reservation
    Payment Plans Available for 12 months through the bootcamp and 3rd party lender (Skills Fund)
    Refund / Guarantee
    Prorated within the first week of the program
    $12,305 average tuition after scholarships, discounts & credits are applied. Visit https://learningfuze.com/faq#/discounts for a complete list and contact us with any questions.
    It is important for students to have taken the initiative to learn on their own with specific recommendations outlined on the LearningFuze application pagehttp://learningfuze.com/full-immersion-application-guide/
    Students that have reserved their seat take the Root Level 1 class for free as well as the Root JS class which is strongly recommended.
    September 23, 2019 - Orange County
  • Part Time Comprehensive Program

October 26, 2019
    Orange County
    Live instruction with the option to participate in-person or remotely. A curriculum designed to make students development and employment ready based on the full immersion program. The Part-Time Comprehensive program is tailored to students who are looking for a part time alternative to the full immersion program, and is designed to deliver the same content and intensity of the full immersion program, but with the flexibility to take the program over time, in steps or “modules” based on their schedule. Additionally, students looking for skills and knowledge in a particular technical area but not necessarily all 5 modules can simply choose to take an individual module of their choice rather than each module sequentially. Students can also choose to specific modules or "Tracks" related to Front End Development (Modules 1,2 and 3), Back End Development (1,2 and 4) or Full Stack (1,2,3 and 4). The 5th module is optional for those students looking for career services. Simply apply and ensure you are ready to get the most out of the instruction. Of course, whether taking an individual module or two or working through all of the modules, the program is all about the practical skills of development by building numerous full scale projects in a work like environment led by seasoned instructors!
    None

HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS
    October 19, 2019
    $95
    Orange County
    For those that want to learn the practical, fundamental skills related to JavaScript. It is a two week course 3 times per week and about 15 hours per week with work done at home. Students will learn the core concepts to make applications dynamic. It is for those that want to take that initial step toward understanding development using the key language of the web or the first step in becoming a developer. Students will learn loops, variables, functions and more.
    HTML and CSS
    See LearningFuze part time courses
    October 19, 2019 - Orange County
  • Root Level I Prep Class

HTML, Git, CSS, Front End
    September 28, 2019
    $95
    Orange County
    Root Level 1 is a 2-week remote/in-class web development training program built for beginners that want to learn how to code and are considering a path to becoming professional developers
    None required
    Some understanding of HTML and CSS and ability to effectively navigate a computer
    September 28, 2019 - Orange County

• William Cheng • Student

The instructors at LearningFuze were incredible in teaching me Web Development. The staff were all incredibly knowledgable in not only Web Development but teaching as well. I never had teachers or professors that could teach as well as their staff. I very much recommend LearningFuze to anyone with a self drive for leaning.

• Lori M. • Web Developer • Graduate

I am a recent graduate of LearningFuze and couldn't be happier with my experience. Be prepared for long hours and hard work, but also a really good time. It's safe to say that it was one of the best learning and growing experiences of my life. And the best part is you come out on the other end with a valuable skill that will help get you a job!

I come from an administrative background and was bored with my career. I had dabled in a tiny bit of HTML and CSS, but basically no programing knowledge before I entered the program. After I graduated I spent four weeks building up my portfolio and after a week and a half of appplying for jobs, I had two offers. So a month and a half after graduating I am officially a web developer.

If you want to go to a boot camp, you won't find one in Orange County better than LFZ. The instructors and staff are amazing - big shout out to Dan and Scott who teach you solid fundamentals that will guide you through not only Javascript, but help you adapt to other programing languages. The entire staff cares about the students and helping them achieve their goals. Doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

• Worth every penny
    - 2/14/2018
    Parker R • Student

Currently I'm midway through week 3 of this course so I thought I'd share my experience thus far.

I have never learned so much in such a small time period.  As of today I am about 1 month past the first day I wrote a line of JavaScript.  The the comparison of both my knowledge and the actual code I wrote then versus now is tantamount to that of a 10 year old's soccer team vs a high school varsity team.   Still a long way away from someone in the world cup but I certainly have a firmer grasp of the rules.

When interviewing for this bootcamp (as well as in the info sessions) they tell you that in order to be successful in this program, and as a developer in general you have to truly commit yourself to the process of learning and applying your newfound skills.  They said the commitment generally looks like 10-12 hours a day during the week and 2-4 on weekends.  They didn't lie.  We are typically introduced to a new topic every day and then do exercises to try to understand that topic.  Unless you are already an experienced coder, the official 8 hours of class time isn't going to be enough for you to really understand all the topics and how to implement them properly.  For a frame of reference: I am not the fastest person in the world at picking up these topics but I am also not the slowest. I am usually in class 12 -13 hours a day, 15 on Thursdays.  That certainly may not be required for everybody that goes through this program (and isn't the case for some of my classmates) but it is for me.  At least in order for me to not feel like I'm lost and falling behind.

That being said, I am enjoying most of my day, everyday.  When I don't its just because I am getting frustrated with something I'm stuck on, but thats just the nature of programming, not this course. In fact, if the instructors weren't as good as they are I'd be having a way harder time.  Fortunately, the instructors are excellent.  They are always willing to help or find someone who can if they aren't sure and aren't an expert in that area.  Dan, the lead instructor is absolutely amazing at his job.  He presents everything in a manner easy enough to understand at whatever level you are at at any given time.  His metaphors and analogies to get people to understand things are borderline art and are the most useful I've ever heard, bar none.   If a particular comparison doesn't work for you he'll use a different one that may fit more in line with your personal life experience.  All Hail Dan, King of Comparisons.

I'm not going to sugarcoat it for you, this is definitely the second hardest thing I've done.  I once attempted to walk across the US and the tenacity required when you are on hour 11 of that day and nothing is clicking, is nearly at that level.  That being said,  If you like problem solving (especially surrounding logic) you'd love this course.    Learning on your own online is exponentially more difficult.  I can't count the number of times since I started here that I've asked a clarifying question that completely changed the way I look at some concept.  You just simply can't do that in an online course, at least not in such detail.

$12,000ish is approximately 1 shit-ton of money to me (and probably to most people) but the teaching and support from the staff as well as the help from the senior class has made the investment worth it thus far.  As long as you put in the time and effort, this program is very effective.

• Shawn L • Student

I came into LearningFuze with very little knowledge of HTML, CSS and programming in general. My previous experience has been in the financial industry as an operations director and manager but I was looking for a career change after leaving my former employer.

I went to an info night expecting to receive a sales pitch to enroll but that was not the case at all. I met Dan and could see his passion for coding, teaching and helping others learn. He was very direct in describing the program and commitment required so that anyone interested really needed to understand what they were in for and if it would be the right choice for them.  I decided to take the part time classes and see how it went before making a commitment to enter the full emersion 12-week classes. Understanding and learning these new topics did not come easy to me at first but I quickly realized this would be my new path.

I am now 8 weeks into the full emersion class and cannot believe how much I have learned already in just a few Months since that info session. All the instructors have been extremely helpful and have made sure I understand and learn the fundamental concepts behind any questions I ask of them. The hours are no joke while learning here, I have spent about 12 hours a day during the week and 6 hours a day on the weekends so far.  I have been provided with a ton of information, receive daily lectures and exercises to complete also videos from previous classes to help. With the skills I am learning I am confident I am being prepared to enter the workforce again and land a great job.

Besides programming skills, we are also being taught about what to expect in the workplace and how to prepare for it by working on groups projects, GitHub workflow, whiteboards, resume building, presentations, interview preparation and portfolio building just to name a few things. I am seeing previous graduates land jobs regularly. LearningFuze also hosts local tech company speakers and meetups periodically so if you enter the course be prepared to be very busy.

I see that success is ultimately based on how hard you work at this. This is not a normal High School or College learning experience so if that’s what you are used to expect a big change. This learning is more like what I have seen in my work experiences. Coding will challenge your logic skills and is not something you can conquer with memorization. I am very happy I made the choice to enroll at LearningFuze and can’t stress enough the support I receive daily from the school’s instructors and students alike. Despite the long hours I look forward every day to learning more and am having fun doing it. LearningFuze has exceeded any expectation I had.

- 1/8/2018
    Peter Woo • Graduate

I came into LearningFuze with NO prior coding experience. I was looking for a change of pace career wise, and a friend recommended coding to me. Throughout my first week it was very apparent how much the lead instructor, Dan, and the rest of the instructors (Andy, Tim, Collette, Scott and TJ) cared about the students and wanted to help as much as possible. The pacing of the program is intense, given the time frame and the curriculum is centered around JavaScript and concepts that companies are focused on now. Within weeks I was able to build my first app and progress from there.

Success is ultimately based on how hard you work. The amount of hours needed to code per day just to keep up is very high, but the basic and advanced topics are taught in a fast paced, yet thorough way. All the instructors make sure everyone understands the topic before they move on and if you need more time, any one of them are willing to sit down with you to go over it until it does.

• Awesome Program
    - 12/7/2017
    Nico Chavez • Web Developer

I came into LearningFuze with prior experiance in web development and have to say that it was a great experiance, even for someone with experiance. The instructors dive deep into the root fundementals of programming for the web as well as job hunting. Would highly recommend to anyone motivated and willing to put in the hours.

• Matt Barnett • Student

I am currently enrolled as a student in the Full Immersion program at LearningFuze, and I can say without a doubt that this is one of the most challenging, yet rewarding programs available.  Prior to starting a 'bootcamp', I had very little knowledge of web development, and constantly struggled to learn the basics of web technologies and programming in general.  As I near completion of the program, I feel I have the skills and knowledge to enter the job market.  The program at LearningFuze will also help with job assistance - from resume to interview they will prepare you for a job as a developer.

The staff at LearningFuze is incredible.  Dan, the lead instructor, is extremely passionate about what he does and goes out of his way to make sure that each and every student thinks like a developer and is ready to tackle challenging problems in the workplace.  Andy, Tim and the rest of the staff are equally dedicated and will arrive early, or stay late to meet the individual needs of each student.

LearningFuze is not an easy program, but if you are dedicated, passionate and willing to work hard, the school and staff will make sure that you are prepared for your new career as a developer.

• Caleb • Student

Spending the last 3 months at LearningFuze has been a great experience! The staff's very real passion for helping people became evident as soon as I walked in the building. LearningFuze has created an environment where you can learn at your own pace, regardless of your prior experience/knowledge.

Everyone from fellow students, to staff and guest speakers, have been very supportive and motivating throughout the course. I'm glad I came here and completed this challenging, but very rewarding program and i would highly recommend to anyone thinking of moving into the field!

• Awesome Program!
    - 9/14/2017
    Alex • Graduate

Prior to starting at LearningFuze, I only had very basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript through sites like Codecademy and Udemy. With the help of the awesome instructors at LearningFuze, I am now confident in my skills as a full-stack developer.

The best part about LearningFuze is their staff. The instructors are super helpful and very passionate about programming. They are always available to help you through whatever you're working on and will stay as late as you need them to. The career help after the program is also extremely helpful. I personally had no experience with the interviewing/job search process and Bill was there every step of the way to help me through it.

The program is extremely challenging and requires your complete dedication to it but at the end of it, you'll be glad you stuck with it.

• TJ Kinion • Program Manager • Graduate

Making the decision to attend LearningFuze was one that didn't come easy but looking back was definitely the right move. With so many different bootcamps out there, a wide variety of language stacks to choose from, and the different pricing models I had a lot to factor in. My decision to attend LearningFuze came down to a combination of 3 things; the extremely high level of knowledge from the instructors, the development stack, and finally the pace at which you learn.

To say that LearningFuze has a quality of instructors that is second to none would be an understatement. After comparing the total experience of the LFZ team to other bootcamps in the area the decision seemed easy on paper, they simply had more experience than almost everyone else. But what really set LFZ apart in my process was the love of teaching that their team brings. To give you an idea of how invested the instructors are in each and every student there were times when we asked them to give us extra help in the morning, sometimes as early as 7am, and they were willing. Oh and of course I can't forget that they are available online into the wee hours of the night to help with anything that may come up outside of class time.

The development stack taught at LearningFuze dives into one of the most versatile languages out there, Javascript, while also introducing technologies such as; HTML, CSS, React, PHP, MySQL, Node, and Jquery. While this full-stack of technologies would be impossible to master in 3 months, LearningFuze did a great job of preparing me as a front-end developer with a strong understanding of how everything needs to connect to the back as well. With that being said I had many classmates that went the back-end route and also left with a strong grasp of the front-end technologies as well.

Finally the pace and expectations that LearningFuze laid out not only created a roadmap for success but also a work ethic that would translate to any technical environment. Not only were we in class 8 hours a day but in addition to that we spent at least 4 hours working outside of class to stay ahead of the curve. This pace put me in a position to not only be a web developer after 3 months, but more importantly someone that would be able to make an impact on any team from day 1.

My journey after LearningFuze has been atypical to most of the other developers. While I wanted to find a role that allowed for continued coding I was also interested in continuing to utilize my business development background. Since graduating I have actually come back to join LearningFuze as a Program Manager as we look to expand our course offerings to include Online Marketing and ReactJS in the evenings. I am fortunate to have not only found a school that gave me the tools to propel my career, but now an employer that I whole-heartedly believe offers an education that will allow anyone to make the career change they may have been thinking about.

• Cody Miller • Student

NO PRIOR SKILL REQUIRED

I am currently 7 weeks into my course at LearningFuze, and I can tell you from experience, this course is extremely comprehensive, intense, and 100% possible for anyone with a drive to succeed. I had never coded before in my life prior to deciding I wanted to take a coding bootcamp course, and I have learned more in the last 7 weeks than I had ever thought possible. Once I started considering taking a bootcamp course, I spent every day worrying if I would have what it takes to succeed. Will I be quitting my job and joining a course I'm ultimately going to not be able to grasp the material in? I was terrified. Thankfully, I'm here to tell you from experience that you don't need to know anything about coding before you start. You don't need innate talent, photographic memory, or superhuman analytic skills. You only truly need one thing: commitment.

This course is not about talent, it's about drive. Are you willing to devote twelve hours a day to learning the material? Are you prepared to challenge yourself to find new things to learn on a daily basis? Do you see yourself being passionate about solving problems and creating new things through coding? If you can answer all these questions with yes, I've got great news for you: You have what it takes to succeed at LearningFuze.

This program is not designed to cater to people with prior knowledge or a certain type of thought process. Learning starts from the ground up, and you will be supported by a welcoming, attentive staff who are always there to help you work through issues. There's quite a bit of material to work through on a daily basis, but if you put in the recommended 12 hours a day, it feels extremely doable. Everybody here has a vested interest in helping you succeed, and I can tell you from experience that they will do whatever it takes to help you reach your goal of becoming a successful web developer. And you can do it! You just have to put in the hours.

LearningFuze sets itself apart from other bootcamps by having a curriculum that it fine-tuned to help anybody reach success, and by having a staff that understands where you're coming from, largely proven by the fact that multiple staff members are prior graduates! It's a very welcoming, supportive learning environment, and I can't recommend it enough. If you see your future in web development, this is where you should be!

• Kevin N. • Graduate

So a little about myself and my previous experience so you don't think this is some fake review. I graduated from CSUF with a BA in finance, did that for several years and felt like there was something missing with my career. Being unhappy with my current heading in life I reflected on things that I enjoyed doing but for whatever reason or another never pursued as a career choice.  I always had a knack for technology and still remember the first computer my uncle brought home in my wee childhood years. This in turn lead me to programming and taking introductory courses at a nearby community college to see if this was a path I wanted to go down. After taking the courses, I found that I really did enjoy building and creating things with code, but I felt like there was something missing with that traditional college type learning. After countless of hours researching the best way to achieve my goals of being a programmer, I somehow came across an advertisement for bootcamps. Feeling that this was a bit of a scam, I added more and more hours of research and reading reviews, to finally found the right programming bootcamp for me, LearningFuze. Pretty much after the info session and root course you could say the rest was a wrap. I signed up, completed the course and feel a million times better with my career changing life choice.

This bootcamp is not some easy 12 week stroll. You'll have moments where you'll feel lost, incompetent, and stressed. Have no fear, the team and your future classmates will have your back. They will come in as early as and stay as late as you do to help you understand the material and lessons being taught. But you, also have to put 100% and more effort in to this. Be prepared to fall, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and do it all over again the next day. This type of learning isn't for everyone, but I know my classmates and I have overall, better our lives going through this program.

• Well Worth It.
    - 5/24/2017
    Erik Nuber • Student

I graduated twenty years ago with a computer science degree, I never made use of it as I was simply out-dated in my knowledge before I even finished school. I have been a graphic designer for the past twenty years and, was interested enough in getting back into coding that I started learning on my own online and by reading books.

I ended up deciding to go to an accelerated web development program because I knew I had gaps in my knowledge and, wanted that extra push as well as to work with people that wanted to learn as much as I did. I did my research before choosing a program, I went to meet ups at various locations, talked to current and in one case a person that had already finished the program before making my decision about going to LearningFuze.

The result has been to solidify my knowledge in areas I know I needed help in. You definitely not just learn to code but, you spend far more time coding and doing so productively that many things become second nature. You also learn how to code which is just as important. This includes learning to find answers, learning to figure out how to solve tough problems, learning to ask questions when necessary and, how to use developer tools properly.

More than this, you also learn to work with others as several projects are done in groups. We all code and think differently and, learning to work with others of varying skill levels, communicate effectively and, still put out something that you can be proud of is an experience all in its own. For our cohort, the first group projects also helped bring us closer and, got us started in talking with each other more. You will learn real world skills that are designed to simulate a real work environment so that when you do find a job, you have the knowledge to be productive immediately.

The part that is hard to describe is the amount of effort and dedication that you will need to have as you will get from the program what you put into it. It is a rewarding experience and, there are reasons you see nothing but rave reviews for LearningFuze. It may seem like a leap of faith but, it is one I wish I had taken far sooner.

Feel free to send me a message or ask any questions... https://www.linkedin.com/in/eriknuber/

• Fantastic
    - 5/16/2017
    Andres • Software Engineer • Graduate

After an intense 12 weeks, I am happy with my decision to enroll and complete the Learning Fuze Web Development Program.
    I had dabbled in computer programming on my own for many years, but this program was truly the difference between "kind of programmed" and "web developer." Some of the defining moments of the program were the "hackahtons" where students had 36 hours to complete a development challenge in assigned groups. The program has taught me how to be a developer in the kind of team environment one would be expected to perform in at a place of employment. Three months ago, I would have never believed that I would be an integral part in developing a web app with client side code written using the React Javascript framework and server side code written using NodeJS, mySQL, and php.

• Best Experience!
    - 5/15/2017
    Yaeri Lim • Graduate

Before I started Learningfuze, I only had very basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.  With great instructors and staffs, now I am very confident with JavaScript and related libraries/frameworks.

The best part about Learningfuze was that instructors were very passionate in teaching and helping students to learn thoroughly. No matter how early or late you want the instructors to come in or stay late, they will spend extra time to help students out. For example, instructor Dan held early morning sessions for me and one other student because we weren’t confident on some of the topics that we covered. Not only that, they helped a lot with preparing for job searching and interviews.

Exactly one month after I graduated, I was offered with two great opportunities. The 12 week course was very challenging and intense but it was worth it. The only regret I have is that I didn’t start this sooner.

• The Best
    - 4/27/2017
    Miles Bretall • Web Developer • Graduate

LearningFuze is fantastic. Dan, Scott, and Tim are all extremely invalueable resources on the coding journey. One of the coolest aspects of LFZ, aside from the teachers, is the overall environment. I couldn't have asked for a better group of students to work along side with. Everyone is positive and is always willing to help in any way they can.

This three month long program is by no means easy, but it is as rewarding as you can imagine. A couple months after the program was over, I was offered a position with a very nice salary as an entry level developer. In short, I went from a graphic designer to a web developer is just three months. Anyone who is looking for a career change needs to check this school out.

• Worth It
    - 2/28/2017
    Daniel L. • Web Developer • Graduate

I'm going to review the Job Assistance that LearningFuze provides since most of the other reviews here seem to focus on the actual teaching part of LearningFuze. Although just to put in a quick word backing up what everyone else has been saying, the instructors are awesome and the curriculum is great. Dan the lead instructor is an amazing teacher and he cares deeply about everyone's personal development as a programmer. The other developers there working at LearningFuze also really know their stuff and are almost always available for any questions you may have.

Aside from what I just mentioned, I would say that the employment tips and job assistance LearningFuze provides might be worth the price of admission alone. Some of those tips come in the form of specific lessons and feedback from Savrut where he gives advice on dealing with salary negotiations, helps you understand the mindset of recruiters/ hr people, and also conducts mock interviews. Dan will also conduct mock whiteboard interviews which although rare for jr web developer interviews, they pop up enough that you should be prepared for them (I was only asked by one company to do one in my interviews).

As for the actual job search itself, before you start applying for jobs, they recommend that you submit a personal portfolio, resume, github, and online presence (linkedin, angel list, etc.) to them so that they can pore over the details and make sure everything is finely tuned. This way that you don't start off on the wrong foot with buggy projects or bad resumes when you start applying. This process can take multiple submissions before getting everything up to their standards (I had to make 3 submissions) but once they approve of everything, you will have the utmost confidence to start applying to jobs. And once you start you won't be alone either as they will be sending out your resume to companies in their network as well. Every couple days Bill will check up on your progress to give you words of encouragement and ask you how you're doing while also passing along potential opportunities ("such and such company told me that they're looking for a PHP developer. a job posting should open up soon on their website so you should apply and mention that you were referred by me."). The job search can be grueling (they recommend applying to at least 3 jobs a day) so having LearningFuze send out resumes along side you is a huge benefit. And what's even better about all that is that the response rate was much higher for the companies LearningFuze had talked to for me than for the companies I applied to totally on my own. In the end after about 2 and a half months of my job search (although honestly only a month of serious applying as I wasn't hardcore applying initially and more focused on continuing to improve my web dev skills since there's always more to learn!) I was eventually offered a web developer position for a digital agency in Irvine. I'm incredibly pleased to finally be able start my web development career and I just have to thank LearningFuze for everything they've done to help me get here.

• Great school!
    - 2/27/2017
    John Yosas • Student

After working in retail for most of my professional career, entering a coding bootcamp was way out of my comfort zone. I always had an interest in computers and computer science but was past the point of returning to college to get my Degree.

Finding LearningFuze was a huge relief for me. As a current student enrolled in their full immersion camp I can say that they will teach you the knowledge to go out and get a job as a web developer! They know what they are doing.

Main Instructor Dan is very knowledgable and is a very good teacher.

While the course is tough and can be draining, It is one of the best things I have ever invested in. Highly recommend LearningFuze for your choice of coding bootcamp!

• Dan R • Graduate

I recently graduated from Learning Fuze and have to say that it was one of the best learning experiences that I’ve ever had. It was extremely challenging for me, but the instructors there are awesome and helped immensely. The environment is one of cooperative learning and is definitely fully immersive, which is essential to learning web development as it takes constant practice and learning.

Web development is constantly changing, so a web developer has to know how to continually learn and adapt. This is one of the many things that students learn at Learning Fuze. The instructors help guide the students to find the answers for themselves, but also provide great coding examples and explanations when needed. I recommend Learning Fuze to anyone who is interested in learning to code and ready to commit 100% to the program. It’s fast paced and filled with tons of information so I also recommend doing a lot of online tutorials in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc. before starting the program.

• Jason • Student

I am currently about eight weeks into the LearningFuze 12 week full immersion program, and I have been consistently surprised by the process. It has ups and downs as do all things in life, though in my opinion the positives far outweigh the negatives. I had looked into a few boot camps in the area and was not sure about which one (if any) would be the right fit. I've never thought of myself as an overly intelligent person and coming into the program I had next to no programing skills when it came to computers. So, needless to say I was very nervous. I attended an info session at LearningFuze on a whim and met the lead instructor, Dan, for the first time. I have worked with quite a few passionate people in my time, but Dan shot to the top of the list with his energetic attitude. I signed up the very next day! Once I was accepted into the program I realized how much work it would actually require. During the week, I have no time for anything else (the only conceivable downside that I've seen) which some view as a negative. However, I have come to love the 'grind' and I am sure that most if not all of my classmates would agree. Now just over two months into the program, I am eons ahead of where I thought I could be at the start of the program. The curriculum is constantly evolving so that the students are getting the most up to date information. All of this is taught in a way that is aimed towards you internalizing the material, rather than the classic 'cramming' method that most schools inadvertently teach. I believe whole heartedly that this program is well worth the time, money, effort, and stress. In the end you will be not only more knowledgeable, but also it helps you 'learn how to learn' as you will hear a myriad of times if you attend this program. I can't imagine where I would be or what I would be doing if I hadn't stumbled upon this program. I truly believe that not only am I being properly trained for a future, but I am also becoming a harder worker. This experience will be something that I will look back on as a major turning point in my life. I cannot stress how much I support this program and all of its instructors and I cannot recommend a better learning experience. Please check these guys out at https://learningfuze.com/!

• DL • Intermediate Programmer • Graduate

Web development is such a fast moving career that even though I was a mixed developer at my old job, that didn't prepare me to being a full time developer at a real web development company.

I was planning on making the jump and tried for years to being a full time web developer but the barrier to entry was really steep.  LearningFuze really help dispell any myths i had about being a web developer.

Prior to joining LearningFuze I had a lot of freelance experience and some work experience coding; but to be a web developer requires a certain type of mentality.  It's not just a job but a lifestyle.  You really have to question yourself if being a web developer is your thing.

The main part of being a web developer is that you're always a student.  There's always more to learn in this field and that's the scary but fun part!  LearningFuze teaches that very well, and emphasizes on how to become good at learning.  I got so many insights into the industry from their lead instructors and fellow mentors, that the idea of keeping up with the industry was more of a welcome challenge than a burden.

They really know what they're talking about and they are there for you 100%.  The teachers gives you all the support you need, whether it's extra hours, side lessons or personal tutoring.  They do whatever it takes to prepare you to become a junior developer that tons of companies in OC will hire.

I became highly in demand with the skills I was able to demonstrate on paper and in interviews.  So if you're committed and ready to learn, I advise you to pick Learning Fuze because they not only teach you how to code but how to learn, which is so crucial in this industry.

In my case, it put my career on steriods where I'm more confident than ever than I've ever been.

• Taylor S. • Front-end Web Developer • Graduate

Attending a coding bootcamp had been on my mind for over almost two years before I finally decided to “take the plunge.” My only regret now that I’ve been through it at LearningFuze, is that I didn’t do it sooner.

For about a year I checked out just about every bootcamp in LA, OC, and San Diego. I went to info-sessions, meetups, exchanged emails, and spoke with various bootcamp reps. A lot of them had a similar “shut up and give me your money” corporate vibe about them and in terms of curriculum, they offer what they think you think is the coolest buzzword framework of the day. The impression I got from LearningFuze is that they teach you how to become a well rounded job-ready web developer with the skills you need to grow. At each info-session or JavaScript workshop, the owner, Bill, and lead instructor, Dan, put up with my persistent investigation of the school and I got nothing but genuine answers from them. They walked me through various steps of the program, gave me realistic expectations of what it would take to succeed, and Dan even took the time to coordinate sets of coding exercises and give feedback without me ever paying a dime. You will quickly learn that Dan is an insanely dedicated and effective instructor.

Fast forward 14 weeks, LearningFuze has exceeded every expectation. I’m actually surprised at how confident I’ve become in my skills in such a short amount of time. LearningFuze teaches you to think and to learn like a developer so that you can go on to be successful.

If you are considering “taking the plunge,” let me end this review with a few words of advice. If you’re like me, you might be expecting the course to be pretty difficult, but nothing that a little hard-work and brainpower can’t handle. Well, stop that line of thinking. The course is HARD, and if you want the most out of it, you’re going to be coding almost every waking hour and sleeping less than you’d like (though you should definitely try to get enough sleep to be cognitively efficient). You will get out of the program what you put in and the difference is night and day. It takes a lot of hard work to get there, but like anything worth having, it’s worth it!

• Brian P • Software Developer • Graduate

Going through both a 4-year university and LearningFuze, I can confidently say that LearningFuze was a better value. It taught me hard skills that I did not get in school that directly translated into my current job. LearningFuze exposed me to many technologies and removed the mysticism with programming. The curriculum is challenging, relevant and interesting.

The lead teacher, Dan, is one of the most passionate and helpful people I have ever met. It was his energy and charisma that made the topics even more interesting. Part of my success through the program was his guidance and ability to push me further.

Tips on how to succeed: Before attending, make sure you're prepared to make sacrifices - mental, physical and financial. This program is intense and if you put in the work, you will reap the benefits.

Get plenty of rest and sleep. The amount of information you will learn requires that you be at 100% every day.

Do not compare yourself to other students. Focus on yourself and what you want to achieve.

Be honest with yourself. If you find that you are falling behind, make sure that you reach out and getting the support you need.

And last, get to you know teammates. They're going to be your support system during the program and after. Potentially even your reference to your next job.

Conclusion: Worth every penny. Intense. Exciting. Worth it. Grateful for what I have. A big thanks to LearningFuze.

• CT • Graduate

LearningFuze is one of the best opportunities I've ever had. Having had next to no prior experience I really feel like a capable and confident developer with everything I've learned. LearningFuze doesn't just teach you how to code, they prepare you to work in actual dev environments (and job search prep) and are dedicated to teaching you all the skills a good dev should have. The course is tough but in the best way possible. You will struggle, but trust me, you'll be better for it. For as tough as the curriculum is, the staff was nothing but helpful and dedicated, they will go above and beyond to make sure you get the assistance you need but its up to you match that dedication. The lead instructor Dan is one of the best there is. There is no one I would have rather had teaching me programming and he has been one of the best mentors I've ever had.

If you're serious about a career in development I would absolutely encourage you to checkout Learning Fuze. Its a great learning environment, and an excellent cultural environment. I loved what I learned LFZ and I loved learning there. I could not be more excited to go into a field I was already excited about and I am incredibly grateful for the experience I had there.

• It really works.
    - 11/16/2016
    B.L. • Software Developer • Graduate

Change is difficult and often scary, but it can definitely be worth it.

I had 20 years experience in a career as a pastor. We didn't have much savings, and I had a wife and 2 kids to think about. My main question while I was considering any of these schools was, "Will it work?  Will it really work?". I continued to ask myself that same question all throughout the program.  I loved every part about the program, but always wondered, will this actually work.. will I be able to start a new career and make enough to provide well for my family.

The answer for me was a resounding, 'yes'.  It worked better than I could've imagined. I graduated the program this September, and landed an amazing job, doing challenging, invigorating, creative work. I love every minute of it, and it pays more than I had hoped for.

I would caution readers though.  Don't be fooled into thinking that simply signing up and going through the motions will get you there. It's a rigorous program, and hard work is the key. I dedicated 6 days a week to learning to code. I showed up early and stayed late and constantly asked the instructors for more.

The great news is that LearningFuze is an amazing place to help you get there. The instruction from their main instructors is excellent. I've been involved in teaching for 20 years, and can honestly say that the main instructor Dan is one of the best teachers I have ever seen. On top of the instruction, they provide great guest speakers from top notch compaines (blizzard, kelly blue book, cornerstone were some that came for our cohort).  They also provide great job preparation with mock interviews / whiteboards etc.

If you're interested in a change, and youre willing to put in the work, you owe it to yourself to check out LearningFuze.  I'd strongly suggest attending an info session and attending a meetup at LearningFuze to see for yourself.

• Hard work pays off
    - 10/23/2016
    NP • Front-end Engineer • Graduate

I went to learningfuze in 2016. Commutted 40 min to get there. Got there around 9:15am and stayed until 7-7:30 each day. At night time I would watch YouTube tutorials. Still hung out with friends on the weekends.

Advice:

Get comfortable with JavaScript, it will get you a job. Ask every question that comes to your head (even if it makes you look dumb). Become friends with the people in your class. Work together. Don't be a know it all, because you know nothing. Be aware of the jobs that are out there. Getting your first job is hard but completely doable. Once you graduate, make your own website and keep practicing. Do the practice problems. Write down notes!

Success:

After applying to about 4-5 jobs a day for 4 weeks, I went through an intense interview process with a popular tech company in LA where they tested all my skills. Ended up getting the job, it pays great and I love life.

All the people that I know that are successful from my class do more work than required and have little side projects to further apply what you're learning.

LearningFuze is a top tier program. A lot of work but really fun with great instructors.

If you're serious about the program, make sure you do the required/recommended work they give you before you can take the course. All the people that did it were at the top of the class.

LFuze has a decent network of companies especially in OC. Go to all the speakers. Very insightful and they might know people hiring.