Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo

Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course, and in 2 months students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. The bootcamp focuses on bringing coding skill to creatives and entrepreneurs with the ambition to build their own MVP and/or challenge their future dev team.

• Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
    August 31, 2019
    Madrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
    Payment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
    Beginner
    October 21, 2019 - ShenzhenApply by October 21, 2019
    January 13, 2020 - Buenos Aires

• James Devereux  User Photo
    James Devereux • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before deciding on Le Wagon Tokyo I had scoured course report and quora for bootcamp recommendations, and procrastinated on which bootcamp to choose for over two years. It's practically impossible to know which bootcamp to go with when they all have 5-start reviews, but let me outline why I was so glad I went with Le Wagon and why it may also be the bootcamp for you.

Simply put, the value they deliver is incredible for the price you pay. At only 9 weeks, you might question whether it's enough time to truly 'master' full-stack development. Well, the truth is you won't master full-stack development whichever bootcamp you take because that takes years and years of working in a real job. If this is what puts you off then don't let it, because you gain everything you need to get going in those 9 weeks. What you learn in the first 6 weeks is enough of an overview of the main areas - server-side programming in ruby, front-end html and css, databases, javascript and ruby on rails - to actually build impressive products. In the 3 final weeks you form teams and build products which is exactly what you need to be doing - not languishing in months of prep work before you actually build anything as other bootcamps might have you doing.

Here it is worth mentioning that the quality of the curriculum is really impressive. Having worked as a teacher for over 10 years, I am used to seeing poorly produced teaching materials, but LWs are totally on point. Each exercise is described well and has tests to check your code works correctly, and there are extensions so you'll always have more to come back to to hone your skills even after you finish the bootcamp, as well as a free course on the popular javascript frontend framework React. There were also teaching assistants on hand for when you and your partner got stuck, and they were always totally capable and helpful.

Now I have to mention the other big thing that sets Le Wagon apart from the competition - they coach you on product design, pitching, and developing a minimum viable product from scratch. I've heard of another popular coding camp on here where the final demo day was a disaster because the products produced were so poorly conceived. This wouldn't happen at Le Wagon because of the continuous feedback they give you on your products, and because they make you pitch your product multiple times before the public demo day so you have a lot of opportunities to refine it.

In my case, I pitched an educational product that I'd wanted to build for ages before I came to the bootcamp, and actually got voted for by my classmates and so was able to build it. The whole thing was an incredible experience of turning what was just an idea in my head, into a concrete and valuable product. Now the bootcamp is over LW are giving me advice about how to continue developing my product and launching it as a start up. There is also a huge community of alumni from past batches and you get automatic membership to slack channels where you can continue to network and get notified of jobs in your city and around the world.

Overall, I was left with an impression of a company with integrity who deeply care about what they are doing, who are not just in it to make a quick buck, and who have become one of the most popular bootcamps in the world because they are offering so much value. I feel like the team in Tokyo of Doug, Sylvain and Paul were particularly awesome, but I'm confident that you'll experience a similar degree of awesomeness wherever you take it. Final note: I put 'not applicable' for job assitance because job interview coaching and introductions to recruiters are not part of the official program, and could differ based on locaiton. In Tokyo, LW did however give us a ton of help and resources for help with landing our first job including introductions to recruiters, how to write our resume, posts about networking events (post bootcamp also), and one-to-one advice on any job offers we had.

• Inge Ketele  User Photo
    Inge Ketele • Junior developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I started working in Ad Tech for about four years ago. Prior to that I had very little digital or technical experience. But I have always enjoyed problem solving and understood very quickly in my job that I wanted to learn more about coding. Knowing how to code wasn’t necessary for my job but it was a plus to know more about HTML and CSS and maybe a little Javascript. So I started some online courses, trying to learn on my own. But doing that next to a full time job was difficult and felt a little lonely because I didn’t know who to reach out to.

So when I googled for coding bootcamps, I read about Le Wagon and was immediately convinced that that was going to help me tremendously, and I wasn’t wrong.

I was part of the #269 batch in Oslo and it was one of the most intense, fun, rewarding and confidence building things I had done in a while. I am a mom of a 2 year old, so I was a bit nervous about the intensity of the program and the time that I wasn’t going to be able to spend with my daughter. But I was prepared for an intense period, and it was difficult at times, but it was all very much worth it. I am very happy and proud that I made it through, and left the bootcamp with a real confidence boost.

Le Wagon really knows how to teach how to code in nine weeks, they tell you from the beginning to just trust the process, and everything really does come together at the end. With Le Wagon, you don’t only gain new technical skills and confidence, but also a super friendly network of now over 5 000 people, that have all been through the same experience you have.

I returned to my job, to a new position as a junior developer, and already started a new online course to learn node.js. With everything I’ve learnt during the bootcamp, this process is now going so much better and easier then it would have been without. I understand the basics of coding a lot better, and feel much more confident in my skills.

I am forever grateful for my experience with Le Wagon, and I would, without a doubt, recommend it to anyone who is motivated to learn how to code. It really does change your life! :)

• Amazing experience
    - 8/21/2019
    Saad Amrani Joutey  User Photo
    Saad Amrani Joutey • Management consultant • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Attending Le Wagon Tokyo was a lifetime experience and I enjoyed every moment of it.

The amazing teachers and TAs, the unique curriculum (product oriented) has made attending Le Wagon Tokyo a decision I will never regret.

It’s just amazing how much you learn in such a short time.

To summarize I can’t recommend Le Wagon Tokyo enough, just do it 😊

• Jonathan Reid  User Photo
    Jonathan Reid • CTO • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I’m a Civil Engineer, and I’ve worked in Infrastructure Construction for almost 11 years now. 2 years ago, a friend and I started our own consultancy specialising in Planning. Recently we have noticed a growing sense of urgency to innovate and digitise the industry, and knew that we were capable of making a big impact. But we lacked the critical skill sets required to deliver the change the industry is asking for. We needed to be able to code.I looked up various bootcamps, but Le Wagon kept coming up as the best course. So I joined. From the first day, I knew it would change the course of our company, and every lecture gave me a new insight into what was possible.The structure of the course is one of the most powerful things about it, you are guided through first principles and learn the inner workings of the code, before being shown the various tool sets that can make your life easier. Everyone was encouraged to jump in and ask questions during the class, and this benefited the rest of the group.For an entrepreneur, this course was perfect, because throughout the 9 weeks you are taught different sides of the development process, from product sprints, collaborating in small teams, guided in terms of the importance of good user experience and much more. Plus, you hear inspiring stories about previous students who have gone on to do so much.The last half of the course is a build up to the Final Project. I was lucky enough to get my pitch chosen, which was important for me as I wanted to use it as a practice for developing a real construction solution. The team I worked with was brilliant, and we put our learning to the test and worked through lots of tough issues together. We were really proud of our app - an automated system for managing permits to work on construction sites. I’ve been showing it off to clients since then and getting real interest on the back of it.Over the 9 weeks, you take so much in, but due to the rate of learning, at times you reach a bit of a cognitive dead-end, where no path forward to a problem comes to your mind. That’s when the TA (Technical Assistant) comes to the rescue! They are super helpful, and I thought of them as both a fixer and a coding therapist when you reach your wit’s end. One of the things we were told at the start was to “trust in the process” and all through the course after about the 3 week mark, we all started having those “Ah, now I get it!” moments, which was one of the most satisfying things. So you really need to stick at it and push yourself, knowing that you always solid support to fall back on.Based on having the skills I gained in the course, we are now going ahead with our new product called Resolve, a place where construction teams can raise and sort out issues that come up on their sites. Another benefit is the community, and having direct access to great talent with our mindset. Since the bootcamp we have already hired a graduate and are looking for more people to join our team.

• Jimmy Chen  User Photo
    Jimmy Chen • Entrepreneur • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Prior to Le Wagon, as an entrepreneur with an education consulting business in China, I definitely felt the pain of not having the tools to validate and test my own ideas on digital platforms. Deciding to attend a coding bootcamp was my commitment to addressing this, and after some research, I decided on Le Wagon due to its focus on building products and the fact that it had a program in Shanghai (where I live).

The experience itself greatly exceeded my expectations. One thing that I don’t think gets mentioned enough is the quality of the community and the culture that Le Wagon built. Both my classmates and the teachers are unfailingly kind, motivated, and responsible. This positive environment, together with the refined digital platform that supplements live lectures, were the key features that really motivated and supported my own learning process.

From a curriculum standpoint, I found Ruby to be a great choice as the starting language. Meanwhile, the rapid prototyping that Rails made possible was also a huge motivator for me - knowing that I would get to build a full-fledged product with a team after the 5th week allowed me to push through some of the more mundane sessions in the beginning.

Another great thing about Le Wagon is that it doesn’t end after the 9 weeks. The day I graduated from the camp, our teachers pulled me into 6 different chat groups and began passing career and project leads to me right away. While I wasn’t looking for a full-time role, the amount of career support I got let me know that were I to be looking for work, I’d have the resources to make it happen.

Overall, Le Wagon won’t serve your needs if you want to learn data analytics, native app development or front-end frameworks. But to anyone who’s looking for a bootcamp that focuses on building real tech products within 9 weeks, and wants to get plugged into one of the nicest and most helpful tech communities in the world, I’d definitely recommend Le Wagon.

• Frantisek Rokusek  User Photo
    Frantisek Rokusek • Web Developper • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I have made Business Development & Innovation project management for Sodexo for 3 years and graduated from EDHEC Business School in Strategy and a tense in media content, SEO/SEM, digital marketing. I tended to code as hobbyist (home automation, raspberry, etc... )

I wanted to try to code on a professional level and Le Wagon was the best choice to make!

The bootcamp was Amazing! Very instructive as from personal and professional point of view!

• Career changing
    - 8/7/2019
    Catherine Nguyen-Cat  User Photo
    Catherine Nguyen-Cat • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've never learn so much in a short period of time. I took a gamble and quit my job as a marketing assistant and did the full-time course. I went from zero coding knowledge to getting a full-time job now as a web developer. I definitely wouldn't have been able to get a job studying by myself online, Le Wagon has many helpful teachers & TAs with lectures every morning. The buddy system is particularly helpful I learnt a lot from my classmates as well I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who's looking for a career change or even gain more skills and preferably do full-time.
  • Lucas  User Photo
    Lucas • Fullstack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Prior to Le Wagon I was working as a freelance designer struggling to get the attention of clients. I knew I had to do something to change my game and become a better professional with a more robust skillset. Researching what to do I found that the market needs professionals able to "code" the solutions for their problems more than ever. Knowing that I went to one of the demo days of a batch and was mindblown with what they accomplished in so little time. I knew I had to apply so I applied and learned a lot. It was life changing. The whole proccess is optimized to take you to another level. Really worth it. Now I have interviews and more clients than i can handle, networking there made the whole difference. When they say "Change your life, learn to code", they are not lying.

• Adele Soullier  User Photo
    Adele Soullier • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The Wagon definitely deserves its high reputation, in many ways:

- The network of Wagon alumni community is very powerful + there are many possibilities to connect with the local tech ecosystem thanks to Le Wagon staff. In my case in Lyon, France I had the opportunity to attend many events and be introduced to many people thanks to Le Wagon driver. That helped a lot to find a job very quickly after the bootcamp

- Le Wagon currciculum is a proven method, tried and tested that enables any newbie to become a junior webdeveloper in 9 weeks. I don't come from this background and yet, I can't believe I managed to create 2 web products in less than 9 weeks. You don't learn how to code but ho to build web products which makes the difference in the workplace afterwards. I think this is why Le Wagon as a brand is well recognized by employers

- The overall ambiance in Lyon is fun and playful. Teachers are extremely knowledgeable and happy to share their knowledge, tips, best practice in a relaxed atmosphere. Teamwork is encouraged within the curriculum and beyond bootcamp hours with fun events and drinks

Overall I must say this was a life changing experience. I would definitely recommend it

• Le Wagon , Bali
    - 7/31/2019
    Daniele Deltodesco  User Photo
    Daniele Deltodesco • Student Verified via GitHub

My name is Daniele, and after a year of travelling Asia, I realised that I did not want to go back to my old job working in a restaurant. I wanted to be able to work from anywhere, and because of my long held interest in computing I decided I would learn to code. After completing some online courses, I realised that I was in need of increasing my pace of learning.

While I met some people who had gone to do a coding bootcamp. I started to do some research and came across Le Wagon. After researching where I could do the course, I seen that there was a new bootcamp in Bali.

After the first day of introductions and system setup, the course started at a fast pace, with lectures in the morning after which we were randomly paired with a coding partner. For the remainder of the day we would work on coding challenges with our partner and interfacing with the Le Wagon Kitt System. Not only was this a great way to tackle the challenges, but also a way to learn more about each other. As everybody got to know each other, it wasn’t long before we found our after-camp meetup spot, where we would discuss the days problems and successes, while sipping cold beers from the shop.

As we got into the final few weeks we pitched ideas for the final projects. I pitched a bot application that would be able to automatically make trades on a cryptocurrency exchange. My idea, Crypto-Balance, was chosen, after which the kitt system perfectly selected my teammates based on an algorithm.

Now that we were in teams our first project would be an AirBnb clone. This 1 week project allowed us to work out each others strengths and weaknesses and have some practice of the processes of working as a team on GitHub.

For the final 2 weeks we would work on the Crypto-Balance application, having to deliver a working MVP to be presented on demo-day. Our app had a lot of back-end which would have to work with the Binance API. We found this to be challenging as there were a lot of margins for error. However we were able to fine tune the code by demo day so that the MVP was successful.

All in all the bootcamp was a success for me. I made many new friends from across the world and I learned how to make full stack applications. I also have lifetime access to the brilliant Le Wagon Kitt system and the Le Wagon community chatrooms on Slack. I fully recommend the course for anyone who wants to jump start their skills in web development!

• Ph.D. Nhat Tai NGNUYEN  User Photo
    Ph.D. Nhat Tai NGNUYEN • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

PhD in NanoPhysics, worked as a project manager in a tech startup, I joined Le Wagon Lyon to improve my technical skills in web developing for new opportunities.

The way of learning is the thing I liked the most. The quality of the lessons, exercices and also the teachers were unbelievable. The organization of the batch was also very appreciated. Matthieu made us comfortable during all the training. The training met my expectations. Impressive way of learning and very nice community. I could easily recommend Le Wagon.

• Great experience
    - 7/30/2019
    Thibaud  User Photo
    Thibaud • Verified via LinkedIn

After an engineering school, working in a bank 2 years and a working holiday visa in New Zealand for a year. I decided to join Le Wagon to become developer. I had some basics from my school but I didn't really like the way it was taught. I also learnt some stuff on my own on Internet before but I didn't know how to join everything to make something global.

Le Wagon fit perfectly what I was looking for : a fullstack program in a short time. I really liked the format : most of the time spent on programming yourself. Moreover the team is really dynamic and there are many events organised, which enables to share experiences with many people from many different backgrounds.

The community is very strong and it keeps going after you ended it. I would definitly recommend it.

• Sandra  User Photo
    Sandra • Teacher assistant • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I had a very strong experience in the cultural field and yet I was often ignored by French recruiters. With that in mind, I wanted to learn to create things by myself with my own hands, so I told myself, why not learning to create web apps. After all, it would also allow me to keep running and developing cultural projects, while magically becoming super sexy in the eyes of recruiters. Le Wagon enabled me to value my previous skills, while pushing me to discover a new world, full of ruby-coloured magic. Most importantly, it is Le Wagon’s community that pushes each one of its members to surpass themselves and give their best to achieve their personal goals.

• Patricia Vila Luz  User Photo
    Patricia Vila Luz • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before the bootcamp, I studied in a school that didn't satisfy me due to the horrible environment in which it was inserted. When I joined the Le Wagon Lisbon, I didn't expect such a engaging environment, where all the staff makes you feel at home and makes you want to learn more every day. Looking back, it's amazing to compare the first day with the last (you go from not knowing how to make a simple line of code, to being prepared to build amazing web applications). Without a doubt an experience I recommend 100%! Not only do we go out prepared for the world of code, but we end with friends for life! I venture to say that it was one of the best experiences of my life. If you want to be happy programming, choose Le Wagon!

• Perfect choice
    - 7/19/2019
    Kristyna  User Photo
    Kristyna • Freelance • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After 12 years of gathering experience in Marketing for big multinational companies I have decided to make a career change and dive into the ocean of digital expertise. I knew that I want to become a web designer but the journey to get there starts with understanding the world of code.

I started searching the most efficient full-stack bootcamps around the world, I did not have any geographical limitation, I just knew I wanted to learn to code as fast as possible. After my research it became clear that Le Wagon was the right choice for me. With their extended network across the whole world you can choose any place in the world and join the community there if you want.

What I appreciated the most was the diversity among us, students. We were coming from all kinds of background : among my classmates, for example, there was a nurse as well as a carpenter and a finance analyst. You meet people like you willing to give their best to change their lives and this is something what helps you to keep the motivation and gives you energy to keep going even during those moments when you doubt yourself. If you keep going and each day you put an effort to keep the tempo, no matter your background, you will suceed to code at the end. Le Wagon bootcamp has its reputation well deserved as all aspects of your learning process are well thought-thru and you just need to trust the process. During those 9 weeks of coding you will experience ups and downs but your teachers are always there for you, they understand your struggle and do their best to make your experience worth it. I have nothing to complain about, I am very happy I made this choice to attend Le Wagon and would recommend it to everyone who wants to learn how to code. It is the most professional way how to make it happen.

• Yordano  User Photo
    Yordano • Freelance • Graduate Verified via GitHub

A super team with a amazing organization. The wagon Paris enabled me to acquire real notions in web programming (Html , Css , Java Script, Ruby on Rails). For beginners as well as those with programming skills. The entire team is there for support you and help you to achieve your goals, not only during the course but also afterwards. After two months in The Wagon I am able to create innovative websites and I can continue to learn other knowledge by myself. I recommend it entirely

• Jose Zea  User Photo
    Jose Zea • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

In 2019 I saw my grandfather died after long suffering from diabetes. To solve that problem we gathered a team of people to create the first automated tool to enable people to live free of chronic diseases, starting with diabetes and we call it Arkangel AI. We envisioned this solution to be like the Siri of Health, one that you could access it whenever you wanted it or wherever you were by learning from the data collected from existing sensors people had like smartphones. We crafted the business and developed a little Frankenstein using free cloud solutions and tutorials. To our surprise, our prototype exploded and getting more than 9,000 users from 22 countries in the first 2 months. Unfortunately, our founders came from business, medicine and design, so the prototype had many holes and did not perform properly. Additionally, the technical founders we interviewed did not want to bear the risk of leaving their jobs to work with us. We were blocked, so, we decided to bet all and hired a company to work on the app. That was one of the worst decisions we did because we needed to move fast and the contract did not allow for any of this. It was horrible, we had a product 3 months behind and we didn’t know how to update it. Our best solution was that one of the founders learned to code, and after getting the support from my team I took the chance.

I interviewed at le wagon 6 days before the batch and finished the prep work in one weekend (not recommended). The experience was remarkable and intense at the same time. I learned how to bring ideas to life, I learned the mechanics and how to talk about software. As an entrepreneur, you think software dev is easy, but it is not, you need to learn to think like one and that is really hard to do on your own. One thing you need to understand is that it requires years to become a ninja dev. and you need to learn more stuff after the Bootcamp, it's impossible to get everything in 2 months. That being said, Le Wagon does an amazing job in cutting the boring stuff to give you only tools you need to build web-apps, and that’s exactly what I wanted. At the end, we built an MVP of Arkangel with an awesome team -Gustaf, Joe and Thomas- and today we have raised $69,000 in non-equity funding and at the end of the year, we will be raising a pre-seed of $350.000 to grow our customer base. I highly recommend this program and if you want to learn more about my experience, contact me (you can watch our demo at Le Wagon Montreal website by searching Arkangel).

• Antoine  User Photo
    Antoine • developer fullstack • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Before le wagon I worked as an engineer and I taught mathematics in high school.  I began coding in ruby because I wanted to create a website. This is after 2 months of self learning coding that I joined le wagon. It was a really nice experience. I learned good practices. It gave me the tools, and confidence of what I can do. I met a lot of amazing people among the students and the business network. After two weeks i was working as a developer fullstack in Doctolib!

• Amazing bootcamp
    - 7/17/2019
    Kim  User Photo
    Kim • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Before Le Wagon, I spent 3 years as a business developer in a tech startup. I was so frustrated to not understand the tech team, and kind of shocked about the lack of communication between these two key teams. So I decided to integrate the bootcamp thanks to many good reviews of former “wagoners”.

I definitely recommend it. I was so impressed about the quality of the content and of the team! I was not really the most skilled student, but the teaching skills of the teachers is so strong that I now know how to build a website from scratch (the back-end, the database architecture and the design) as well as notions of product management.

Last but not least, I feel like Le wagon never ends, thanks to the strong community you join!

Thanks again for this amazing experience!

• Game changer
    - 7/17/2019
    Simon Abehsera  User Photo
    Simon Abehsera • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Le Wagon is so far the best choice I've made. Before this amazing bootcamp, I was part of the investment team of a deep tech VC. I was very frustrated to do not clearly understand many technologies, like software or developer-related tech. During these intensive but incredible 9 weeks, I learnt how to build a website from scratch (the back-end, the database architecture and the design) as well as few important notions of product management. The program is perfectly structured, allowing you to meet a lot of people from diverse backgrounds.  It will now allow me to apply to tech-oriented companies as a developer or even a product manager  Trust the process! I strongly recommend it.

• Javier  User Photo
    Javier • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Coming from a business background, I always was interested in 'how' the products we would use were built. I was intrigued enough to start learning through online platforms such as Codecademy and freeCodeCamp. After some months of practice, I reached a plateau and realized I needed help in taking my skills to the next level. I knew of Le Wagon because of their community involvement where I live, so I decided to take the chance and quit my job to dedicate 100% to this new challenge. It turned out to be a great and intensive experience where I learnt million things I never expected to. You have to keep up with the fast pace, but the teachers, the team and the supportive culture make the best of your capacities. On the technical side, you get life-access to their platform with continuous improvement of content and tools. But, also you get to learn soft skills such as presentation, communication and team work. I highly recommend Le Wagon bootcamp to anyone wanting to switch careers into web dev, but also for product management or freelancing. The curriculum is solid, the team is great and super friendly, and the experience is empowering and life-changing. Only tip I can give: do your prep work several times if needed, until you master the concepts. Have fun, take it seriously and commit 100% of your soul, and your life won't be the same afterwards. Sky is the limit!

• Nicolas Martin  User Photo
    Nicolas Martin • CTO • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Le Wagon is the perfect place to go to if you want to change your career path towards tech environment.

I'm a former strategy consultant, data-passionate and with an engineering background. I always had this frustration of not being able to code by myself because I lacked time, it wasn't the focus of my previous jobs or I didn't know from where to start to learn coding. 6 months ago, I left my job with the desire to launch my own company in data analytics. I joined last batch of le Wagon from April to June in Paris in order to 1) learn to code, gain tech skills, 2) meet new people and 3) launch my entrepreneur career.

1. Learning to code: it's an intensive 9 weeks-program, where every day is a new concept, a new jump within your coding knowledge. In 9 weeks, you'll know exactly how to use Ruby and Rails framework, the backbone of your coding skills. Then, you'll see efficiently every potential feature you could be implementing in a web site (building APIs, mailing, search engine etc.). What makes the program incredible: staff excellence and an exceptional e-learning platform which aggregates learning documents with last best practices you'll keep for life. 2. Meeting new people: Le Wagon is an intensive program for each individual. However, you're not alone, 30-40 peers will share same issues with you. Peer-programming and team-programming is also what makes the program so close from company-life conditions. Also, people's background diversity opens up your mind to new ideas or different technology point of views. 3. Launching my entrepreneur career: on top of the program, Le Wagon is an extraordinary community of alumni. More than 5,000 alumni from around the world are always here to help other wagoners with their company ideas, career choices or coding issues. I personally found there a great community to discuss with. On tech feasibility of some of my startup ideas or contacts to make your idea grow until it gets done. Finally, I joined a young startup in data analytics from Le Wagon environment.

In few words, Le Wagon is the best choice I could make for my entrepreneur career. If you're passionate about tech, don't hesitate, it worths the investment in time and money.

• Nils Sutter  User Photo
    Nils Sutter • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

So at the end of my classical business administration degree I felt lost. I majored in finance and accounting and after I did an internship in auditing I knew that this was not for me. When my college program came to an end, I fortunately had the opportunity to do an internship in product management. However, just collaborating with developers was not enough for me, even though that was a very enjoyable experience - I wanted to learn to build stuff myself! I talked to a lot of people and the overall message I got was: "If you really want to learn as much as possible and be employable after just a couple of months, you should consider a coding bootcamp".

So I started looking into coding bootcamps and as it turned out, Le Wagon was the best rated coding bootcamp I could find. In the beginning, I was pretty skeptical since I usually dont trust products, that almost have no bad reviews. I started looking deeper into it (curriculum, demo days, former students on linkedin) and as it turned out, a lot of people were really able to transition into tech afterwards even though they had no traditional tech background!

So I applied, had the interview, and got accepted. The following 9 weeks were nothing but amazing. Each day, we had an interactive lecture followed by coding challenges which deepened the knowledge and also helped in getting to know the other students. Thanks to the buddy system, you always have the opportunity to ask questions to another student or explain concepts if you feel like you really understood it. There are also a lot of incredibly competent Teaching Assistants who make sure that you won't be stuck for too long. Each day subsequently ended with an interactive livecode session in which one student would go upfront and showcase his solution to some new coding problem. Furthermore, Le Wagon did a very good job in making sure that all the students get to know each other by hosting a lot of very cool and interesting events.

The most fulfilling experience were the last 3 weeks in which we built 2 products in a 3-4 member team. Going through the first incredibly draining and ultimately joyful 6 weeks finally came together in building something by ourselves which we would ultimately showcase in front of all the people on demoday (definetly check out some former events on youtube or go visit one yourself!)

If you really want to acquire the necessary skills to build something yourself and be employable as a junior dev, I'd 100% recommend doing LeWagon. Its teachers, people and curriculum are incredible and the environment is something you'll have benefits from and can contribute to forever.

• Life changer
    - 7/16/2019
    Tecia  User Photo
    Tecia • Junior web-developer • Student Verified via GitHub

When I decided to do a bootcamp I carefully researched all the options available in my area, read the reviews in multiple channels, visited and interviewed all of them face to face. I was initially very suspicious about the lack of negative reviews for Le Wagon. Their review rate was too high and it all seemed too good to be true. Now, one month after the end of the bootcamp, I have to admit that there isn’t much that I can say about it that has not been already said. All those reviews were real: the experience is truly amazing. Here are some things that stand out for me:    One of the high points of LW is, in my opinion, the didactic material. As someone with qualification and experience in teaching and in creating/analyzing didactic material, I was impressed by Le Wagon’s methodology and by the quality and variety of materials.     The work and the program is hard and very intense, but the days are very dynamic and divided into lessons and exercises. We had a lot of support from teachers and assistants along the day. Also from classmates, because the atmosphere is really good and people are encouraged to help each other. The buddy system they use makes a lot of difference on the study flow.     Another great thing is the community. This is something that I did not considered important in the beginning and that turned out to be extremely valuable. There are many slack channels for Le Wagon alumni and so many people who are there to help you debug your code, find a job, solve doubts and provide input about anything related to coding. Le Wagon also offers one to one support preparing your CV, finding a job, connecting to people, etc. The teachers and assistants also treat you as an equal, and made themselves available for us to contact them off hours and after the bootcamp for anything we needed, which I thought was something special. Also, former students are always welcome to visit the office and take part on activities, so you get to not only keep in touch with your classmates but also to meet former students, learn from their experiences and grow your network. I wish I could end this review without falling into this cliche, but there is no other way of describing Le Wagon’s community if not as a family.

• Game Changer
    - 7/16/2019
    Maarten  User Photo
    Maarten • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I'm currently in my last year of my studies, mediatechnology. During this studies we are trained to prototype and idea into a design and then make a Minimal vialble product of this idea. During my studies i learned a lot of different programming languages but never really got a real expert profound knowladge of the programming language.

I'm currently in my last year of my studies, media-technology. During this study we are trained to prototype and idea into a design and then make a Minimal viable product of this idea. During my studies I learned a lot of different programming languages but never really got a profound knowledge of the programming language. For my bachelor thesis I have to build an MVP for a company. To be more confident in programming I decided to take the Le Wagon bootcamp to improve and be more consistent in my programming.

I started the course quite confident as I already had some programming knowledge and was overwhelmed with the fast pace of the bootcamp. Event with my knowledge the bootcamp was really challenging. I never learned so much in a day, let stand in nine weeks!

Because of the pair programming you learn how to explain your code to people and you learn to ask for help if you do not know how to solve the problem. During the bootcamp you learn all the basics and also learn how to write clean and good code. This is something I haven’t learned during my studies and is something companies really like to see. I can recommend this course to anybody who wants to start a career as a developer or wants to know what is takes to become a developer.

Even if you have some programming knowledge this bootcamp will help you with working in teams, developing a design and pushing it to the market. It is also great course for people who want to build a software product and build their own start-up.

• Michael Lauritsch  User Photo
    Michael Lauritsch • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before the bootcamp I was working as a Client Support Specialist at a financial company in New York City.  I worked with many developers to get their machines up and running but was never one to code.  After taking the bootcamp in Bali, it really made me feel like I can take on any task possible.  You go from not knowing a single line of code to building a full working web application in just 9 weeks.  Le Wagon gives you all the skills, network and support you need to make a pivot in your career and focus on what’s best for you !