Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo

Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course, and in 2 months students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. The bootcamp focuses on bringing coding skill to creatives and entrepreneurs with the ambition to build their own MVP and/or challenge their future dev team.

• Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
    September 23, 2019
    Madrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
    Payment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
    Beginner

• the best
    - 10/24/2018
    yoan Dorny  User Photo
    yoan Dorny • Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After 5 years of business school I graduated with a specialization in luxury marketing. My internships led me to work in project and digital project management. after a while, I felt that something was missing. I needed to DO something, not just supervise or manage. I wanted to see the result of my work at the end of the day, for the best and the worst.

This 9 weeks at Le Wagon went so fast. It’s hard to realize how much knowledge you can assimilate in such a small amount of time. Every small victories leading to a urge to learn more. Also I think all the magic doesn’t come only from the learning thirst. Humanly speaking, it’s a blast of fresh air, It’s really amazing to be with all that people with different background, age, and share the same objectives.

I like to drive projects from their beginning to their very end and used to consider my missions through a business and a marketing vision, Le Wagon gave me the technical view I needed. I quickly had opportunities and had to decide if I’d rather work as a Product manager or as a Developper.
    Today, I’m a working as Front-End Developper.

• Jacob  User Photo
    Jacob • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Le Wagon (or better known as “the Carriage”) is a gleaming triumph of modern-day education in an otherwise bleak and hapless era for education’s role as an engine for social mobility. Le Wagon is not just a 9-week bootcamp: it is a fast-track for anyone with the drive for self-betterment to become a fullstack developer capable of solving any problem, work at any company, and truly make a positive impact on our world.

As for the instruction, I can honestly say that I have never seen a group of more dedicated, thoughtful, and patient instructors than at Le Wagon. I took computer science courses at UC Berkeley (where I got my undergraduate degree in Business), and even the teachers at the #2 Computer Science program in the United States did not compare to the ones at Le Wagon.

As for the resources and classroom materials, Le Wagon has assembled an incredibly robust and intuitive bank of online knowledge that allows students to learn each concept at their own pace. On top of this, they include an amazing depth materiels, so if you find a topic that you like, you can nerd out with the best resources that the internet has to offer.

As for the alumni network, Le Wagon has a vibrant online community of alumni who are willing to help and are constantly posting with new freelance and company-based opportunities.

One thing that I want to emphasize, however, is that Le Wagon does not make you into an incredible developer. It gives you every tool that you need to become an incredible developer. At the end of the day, the bootcamp is not a graded class. You can do nothing, and learn nothing. But I can tell you - those who worked hard, savored every minute of the class, and took advantage of every single resource now have a completely different trajectory in life.Are you ready? Because for those who are, Le Wagon is truly a life changing experience.

• Amazing Bootcamp
    - 4/17/2019
    Benoit  User Photo
    Benoit • Developer Freelance • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I participated in Le Wagon Bootcamp for the January 2019 batch, so I am fresh alumni.

The front wagon:

Before the Bootcamp I spent three years in financial audit, but I needed to find another field.

I had heard about the training through a friend who participated and never saw code before that.

The only thing I had seen approaching a tiny bit of code was Excel formulas (so more or less nothing).

The pendant wagon:

I found the training very well strated.

The pedagogical model was very well thought out (from my point of view) because we are given at the beginning of the day, during a 1h30 course, the main elements for succeeding the exercises of the day.

It is very intensive, but the exercises of the day are made to challenge the students while still having the opportunity to get help from the speakers.

I would say that we learn a logic rather than a simple language, coming out of Le Wagon we know what to look for, how to and where to look for information.

The after wagon:

After Le Wagon I got directly into self-employed (freelance), I was helped for this and for my first missions by the members of Le Wagon present in the facilities.

We have access to the facilities for a month after the training in order to be guided and helped for our beginnings, whether it be as a developer or as a job search or in development of a personal project.

Many interventions during the wagon had also allowed the post-wagon possibilities to be slightly enlarged.

To summarize, I loved learning enormously, working as a team and feeling supported, and above all being challenged daily for 9 weeks.

• Tanguy F.  User Photo
    Tanguy F. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

One of the most amazing experience of my academic life! The 9-week programm is intense and challenging, and really well designed. Making significant progress day after day makes us feel so proud!

In addition, the peer learning mindset, the great number of events (inspiring talks, networking, parties...) and the quality of the academic team have also contributed greatly to make this learning and human experience highly valuable!

After almost one year, I can experience every day the benefits of Le Wagon bootcamp. I strongly recommend, and I would do it again any time!

• Valentin Geffroy  User Photo
    Valentin Geffroy • COO • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just finished a marketing master before starting Le Wagon coding bootcamp.
    I heard a lot of good reviews about them but I didn't expected that.

It was AMAZING! The team, teachers, people there, are fantastic. It was so good that I almost cry at the end (sound like sex experience but suceed in code is not so far from that ahah)

Today, I'm freelance as a COO of an Agency and Le Wagon and the slack give me this job. Also it gaves me so many opportunities.

This is the best decision you can make in your life.
    When you know how to code, the world is yours.

• Abraham Guerra  User Photo
    Abraham Guerra • Applicant Verified via GitHub

I’m currently finishing my masters in electrotechnical engineering so I had some previous programming skills. However, I wanted to extend my skills in web development so I decided to take the Le Wagon Bootcamp.

It was the best decision I could have made. I was not expecting that it would be possible to achieve so much skill and knowledge in such short period of time and it’s totally worth it.

In 9 weeks you go from zero to launch your own website in a really amazing working/learning environment where both teachers and TA’s are super helpful. Although the bootcamp it’s fast paced, I managed to learn a lot and have an amazing experience with my team on the final project weeks where you test all you skills and capacities.

Overall it was a fantastic experience and I totally recommend it for anyone looking for a relevant change in their lives!

• Ben P.  User Photo
    Ben P. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had worked for 8 years before joining Le Wagon: mainly at Amazon in marketing, advertising and product management roles, and for a shorter period of time as Head of Acquisition in a French fintech startup. I have to admit I’ve always been quite intrigued about coding: I tried to learn PHP on my own when I was much younger and then had the opportunity to learn a lot about SQL and VBA at Amazon. A few months ago it became very clear to me that I was becoming less and less passionate about my job and becoming much more interested in the challenges that the dev teams were facing. On top of that I had been working on an entrepreneurial project which required coding skills to move forward.

I chose Le Wagon because of the very positive feedback I found across various websites, and also because two of my friends had already done this bootcamp and highly recommended it to me. As a result I had very high expectations… and I was not disappointed! The curriculums are perfectly designed to teach you new concepts every day that build on top of what you’ve learned the previous day. The staff is super proficient and the overall vibe is extremely positive and energetic. Although the bootcamp is super intense, I enjoyed every single day of it and still can’t believe how much I learned in such a short period of time. I would 100% recommend it to anyone wanting to learn how to code.

• Christopher Alabada  User Photo
    Christopher Alabada • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I'm a System Administrator who wanted to get into the coding side of things. I have some experience in PHP and Wordpress, so I already knew how to code. One of the reasons I chose Le Wagon was that they taught Ruby on Rails which I had zero experience in, both Ruby as a language and Rails as a Framework (or any framework for that matter).

Overall, I would definitely recommend Le Wagon, whether you have zero coding experience or you're self-taught like me. You spend most of the day doing exercises, which is the best way to keep what you learn. And you won't be alone either. You are paired with another student and they're also well staffed with Teacher Assistants. If you have a question about anything, there was always someone available with minimum wait.

You will also create an app from inception to completion, more than once actually. From User Stories, to mockups, to an actual app. You'll work in a team. You'll collaborate as a team. You'll even learn how to pitch as well. These skills are invaluable and hard to get experience as someone who is self-taught.

Also, once you join Le Wagon, you become part of a larger community of developers all over the world. Stuck on a coding problem? Need interview advice? Moving to another country and need job leads? Ask the community. Once you graduate, you're not forgotten at all. You are still part of their community.

OK, so even though this is just one out of 900+ reviews, Le Wagon deserves all the praises. Again, I highly recommend Le Wagon. As a self-taught developer, you will gain a ton of knowledge and experience, learn to collaborate in a team, create apps from scratch, and belong to an invaluable community of developers. If you are someone who doesn't have coding experience, Le Wagon is your how you get your best foot forward.

• Emanuel Moniz  User Photo
    Emanuel Moniz • Freelancer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before the bootcamp, i was working on webdevelopment but only the basic stuff, HTML and CSS, no JS and always with the help of a CMS (joomla or wordpress).
    So the bootcamp was the natural step up for my career. I now can do full stack. I loved RUBY and specialy RAILS, and i now have what i need to start new projects.

• Jeffrey Monteiro  User Photo
    Jeffrey Monteiro • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

A lot of context - because maybe you’ll be in a similar situation...

I was working in a finance job I liked but didn’t love for 5 years. I’ve always had an intense interest in tech and startups and was also involved with a small startup in a customer success position. Basically, at 28 - I knew I had to shake it up and break into the tech scene in a meaningful way. Some people in my network did it via coding bootcamps and had success so I started doing my research as there are a million options.

I looked up reviews online, messaged people on LinkedIn who attended bootcamps, and posted on Reddit for some guidance. Soon enough, I had about three bootcamps that I thought were the best for different reasons: HR, FSA, and LW, but I didn’t want to apply to any until I did a decent amount of preparation. To get my feet wet, I bought some books on Amazon, did a Codecademy track. After I felt a little bit more comfortable - I enrolled in a 10-week prep course for HR, which a peer of mine went to - definitely one of the most popular, based in SF and has a NYC campus, which was convenient because I live in Jersey. It was intense and in JavaScript - I liked my peers, but I had trouble understanding concepts from the main TA who was undoubtedly a genius, but not as good of a teacher for those that didn’t have a coding background. Then, I heard feedback that said your cohort experience is largely dictated by the quality of TA’s and teachers(which is kind of a no brainer). If you get shitty ones - then thats that - too much risk to me for the high price point. HR ruled out.

So then I directed my attention to FSA and LW - spoke to the staff at both. FSA was good - made the most sense logically, it was close to my home in NYC. They had great outcomes, but for some reason something about my conversation with the LW Tokyo founders really hit me as authentic. That and LW had more of an entrepreneurial vibe as opposed to just being trained to be a developer. So I took the completely crazy route, quit my job and moved to Tokyo to join the January batch.

THE BENEFITS

Amazing teachers - the drivers and managers of Le Wagon Tokyo are world class. Really good at simplifying concepts and really ensuring you grasp the materials. This is HUGE if you are not a tech wiz by default.

Diverse and helpful TA’s: TA’s coming from all backgrounds and each useful in comprehension - they don’t just tell you the answer, they force you to learn. Not to mention all awesome personalities!

I had an awesome team for my project: Clearly defined roles, great synergy, and we put together a very solid project. Would randomly break out Disney sing alongs during project week. My friends at other camps said they’d just sit in silence and code. I’m an ENFP so I’d rather have fun while I code

Setting: nifty co-working space with a lot of friendly Japanese locals, free coffee, a Japanese toilet for fans of that lol. There’s a lot of fun events every week too for networking and making friends hosted by the coworking space and also le Wagon so double the events right in your backyard

Pitching - if you have an idea you’d love to pitch seriously, or even for fun. Le Wagon gives you the ability and skills to do so effectively. My project in particular was chosen as one of the four projects, which was cool. I pitched in front of 70+ people, which is a big deal for someone with an intense fear of public speaking and I’m so happy I did it.

I absolutely loved my batch (cohort) - 16 people, was the perfect amount. I’ve heard horror stories of kids hating their batch or the group being so big that there weren’t enough TA’s and help, but I was truly lucky. People from everywhere: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Hawaii, The Bronx, NJ, England, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and Japan. From all walks of life. I have friends all over the world that I could visit at any time!

The culture of Le Wagon and the staff are so cool - I feel like I am truly part of a community and have friends for life. We sang karaoke together, ate delicious food, went to all you can eat and drink places, played darts, did yoga, and so much more

The bottom line is for someone that had no coding background whatsoever and for the price I paid. I got a crazy amount of value out of Le Wagon and have the foundational understanding to push forward into my tech journey

CAVEAT

You get what you put in - this is true for anything in life. But I felt like it’s really important here. Le Wagon gives you everything you need to succeed. It’s truly up to you to put in the time and take advantage of it. Video Lectures of every class so you can watch it before hand, flash cards to reinforce your understanding everyday, awesome TAs and teachers that are always ready to help, a coworking space that’s open till late and the weekends to crush your coding grind, a ton of events with recruiters, startups in Tokyo etc., an actual manual and gameplan for what exactly you need to do after graduation whether it’s get a job as a developer, product manager, freelancer, a list of VC’s and another step by step

guide if you’re trying to launch your startup, UI kits, a HUGE, very active and enthusiastic slack community of Le wagoners for literally anything you could imagine (relocating to a different part of the world, dealing with bugs, sharing founder best practices, etc time infinity)....I could go on and on but you get the point. If you want it - it’s there. At the end of boot camp, some people wanted to go gets jobs in Tokyo and they did, some wanted to reinforce their understanding with additional Udemy courses, they did, some wanted to keep working on their projects, they did. So my point is JUST do it.

Hope this was helpful and please don’t hesitate to reach out. The experience was so positive and I know it sounds corny AF but I bleed Le Wagon blood now

• Richard Jarram  User Photo
    Richard Jarram • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I've only got good things to say about Le Wagon. They do exactly what they say: change your life by learning how to code.

I wrote my first Hello World in Python in 2018. I enrolled on Le Wagon in 2019, and now I'm working as a freelance developer with my first job within 3 weeks fof graduating the bootcamp.

For me, Le Wagon stands out from other bootcamps because of its curriculumn: firstly, its product-oriented; and secondly, its focus is on Ruby / Rails. But they also have excellent teachers and a brilliant teaching platform (Kitt), as well as a global alumni network you can access through Slack.

Unlike other bootcamps (to my knowledge) Le Wagon is product-oriented. The last 3 weeks of the course you'll be working in a group of 3-5 people on a final project. It's a great way to expose yourself to agile developmnent, design-thinking, and gitflow. These are practical skills that you can only really learn by doing, and Le Wagon provides you with a great environment to do it in.

Their curriculumn focuses on learning how to learn: they teach you the industry best practice and design patterns that are going to be used by agenices worldwide despite what programmnig langauge they use. For example, my first commercial project used Vue JS. But I picked it up super quickly and did not feel disadvantaged by taking a course based on ruby/ruby on rails. I'm confident now to learn by doing, and that's something that Le Wagon gave me the skills to do.

That's always a major sticking point. People ask why the course is taught in Ruby. Well that's because the syntax in ruby is super easy for beginners to pick up. This is because (unlike JS) it's a programming language built from the grounds-up with a sophisticated design philosophy underlying its architecture: it's meant to be a human-friendly language. As a case in point, some of the handy syntax improvements in ES6 (implicit return, template literals) existed in ruby for years! So overall, ruby is fun to program in, and it's a brilliant medium to learn the basic programming patterns that are langauge agnostic (such as MVC). All good reasons to study in ruby.

But if you are anxious about learnng JS, React, Redux etc, Le Wagon actually offer an alumni track on these frameworks on their platform, Kitt, that is super good quality.

And finally, there's the amazing talent that backs the teaching of Le Wagon. The teachers were all excellent quality. We had UI practitioners as TAs during product sprint week. We had backend developers teaching us during the SQL and Active Record week. The course was well structured; all the teachers were personable; there was a wide variety of students and teachers alike; and there were happy hour Thursdays every week at teh coworking space.

You have access to Kitt for the rest of your life; when Le Wagon update thier curriculum, you can access these exercises on Kitt. Their Alumni are also very active in many different sectors in countries all around the world. So you're not just purchasing the time to learn how to code when you enrol on Le Wagon, you're participating in a global community of entrepreneurs and designers and educators. Like I said, I only really have good things to say about it!

• Regi Voda  User Photo
    Regi Voda • fi • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you are looking for a coding bootcamp to attend, if you are looking for new skills to learn, if you want to change your job, if you want to change your life, choose LeWagon! I was looking for an affordable coding bootcamp, I've been trying to change my job in this last years, as I have been a chef, but I always felt like that wasn't the right job for me. I tried to change my life, I wanted to change my life, so I found Le Wagon. I decided to attend batch#233 in Milan, as I live in Milan. I applied  also for the scholarship they offer to residents, and that was the best decision i'v ever made so far. It was one of the best and most intense experiences of my life. I leant a lot, the program is very well organized, there are a lot of topics, and a lot of exercises. Teachers are all great people, well prepared and ready for any question. I met a lot of great people during the bootcamp. We worked a lot, wrote a lot of code in 9 weeks, struggled, improved and learnt so much! Honestly it was tough, but it worth it, TOTALLY!
    So, i would definitely recommend this coding bootcamp, to you who want to change you life.
    Le Wagon says: "Change your life, learn to code." and that's what i did!
    Thank you Le Wagon.

• Sahar Khan  User Photo
    Sahar Khan • Student Verified via GitHub

Before LeWagon I was working for Amazon in operations. I know what your thinking but the role was as far away from Tech as you can think. I was a manager in one of their huge fulfilment centres managing teams of up to 150 associates. Managing people is a role I enjoyed but I just couldn’t help myself from thinking there had to be something else.

I’ve always been curious about tech but I always thought that to move into that industry you needed a traditional tech background with a degree in computer science. It turns out I was completely wrong. I started going to tech meet-ups and found myself at a LeWagon demo day at Google Campus one evening with no knowledge about what a coding bootcamp was. After just 1 hour of listening to and seeing what the students had achieved in 9 weeks I was ready to sign up!

It was honestly the best decision I’ve ever made. I’m really into triathlon and had been working on an idea for a training plan web app, My Finishline, which I actually built with a team of 3 as our final project. I’m actually still working on that and almost ready to launch the beta.

The 9 weeks were filled with hard work, high five moments and loads of laughs with some amazing people. Ive made life long friends through the course and look forward to jumping out of bed to start coding every morning. That seems crazy considering I couldn’t write a line of code before the course.

If your thinking about doing the course, stop thinking about it and get signed up! You won’t regret it!

• Suraj Vingataredy  User Photo
    Suraj Vingataredy • Project Manager / Fullstack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

During my banking career I wanted to return to my passion - programming. I already knew about Le Wagon and the very good feedback it has so the choice was easy for my new start !

This great experience started since my first day in Paris, being part of the batch #201. In just 9 weeks I was able to build great web applications and projects.

Within two months after this great and intense experience, I was able to find a job. Now I'm a Project Manager and Fullstack Developer.

It was the best choice of my life and for nothing else I would choose another school than this one.

So if you are looking for the best and want to live an amazing experience I highly recommend you to join the fullstack program. You will learn all the coding skills needed to start a new career or to improve your knowledge and meet amazing people everyday !

• Oscar Bernardini  User Photo
    Oscar Bernardini • Applicant Verified via LinkedIn

If you are reading this, it probably means you're considering applying to Le Wagon bootcamp. If you are anything like me when I discovered this program, you're drawn to the 9 weeks duration as well as the promising tagline: 'Change your life, learn to code'.
    Well, I can tell you I've just finished the bootcamp and for sure I changed a ton. It's not just learning new things, it's mostly about being immersed in a completely new dimension for 9 weeks, challenged every day by interesting, modern concepts and amazing human beings from all over the place.
    Long story short, I was somewhat inspired by the idea of becoming a developer after reading a really long article on the topic. I discovered that Le Wagon bootcamp was also in Milan—I live close by—and I decided to attend a workshop just to have a peek around. Once there, I felt an immediate connection with the staff and the environment, so much that I really felt like it was the right choice for me.
    Le Wagon it's not just an awesome bootcamp, it's a growing community of heterogeneous people with a lot of grit and passion for what they've learned to do in just 9, shared weeks.
    All you need to make the best out of it is a firm willingness to commit and trust the trainers: they really know what they're doing and they just want you to succeed.

• Doncho Penev  User Photo
    Doncho Penev • Supply chain manager • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Graduating from a business school, I was looking out for a new direction to expand my skillset, and, in particular, a way to combine my past experience and knowledge to create tangible value.  Web-development answered all my needs and I thoroughly researched all my options before I decided to trust Le Wagon.

The school felt like THE right place from the moment I got in touch with the admissions team, who make you feel as welcome as you are at your own home.

The 9 weeks I spent with Le Wagon in Barcelona allowed me to fully immerse myself into one of the most motivating, productive and intensive environments I have ever experienced, all while being surrounded by the some of the most collaborative, positive and outgoing people I could ever meet.

The course syllabus and the web-based teaching resource platform, available to you for life, are incredible in the way they allow you to learn at your own pace, while diving into just the precise amount of detail, thoroughly vetting all the information you need, providing you with the opportunity to continuously expand your skillset forever, collaborate with the amazing ever-expanding community of Le Wagon, or just to freshen up your knowledge.

However, the true highlight of the campus were the teaching staff who never seized to inspire and undoubtedly provided me with all the best guidance and support I needed to embark on my coding journey. Bolstered by the entrepreneurial focus of the camp and the final project weeks, I now feel confident that I can successfully join and contribute to the tech ventures of tomorrow.

• Charlotte Rebillon  User Photo
    Charlotte Rebillon • Graduate Verified via GitHub

As a Product Owner working with developers, I’d always been curious about programming languages. I had learned some HTML in business school then some CSS on Codecademy
    but it didn’t quite feed my curiosity. So after 4 years as a product owner, I decided to take a gap semester from work to finally learn to code!
    As a good business student, I studied the market to evaluate my options and rapidly two programs stood out. I reached out to alumni from both programs and that’s when Le Wagon became an evidence; an evidence because of its community and its network! Alumni were super available to answer my questions and gave me tons of advice.
    The 9 weeks were amazing and went by so fast. Everyday I got to learn new ways of thinking, discover new concepts and take on new challenges. I really enjoyed the program schedule (and yoga classes). This experience taught me a lot and brought me the confidence to basically do anything!
    Indeed my plan is now to move to the south of France soon where I’ll settle as a Fullstack Developer (either in a company or as a freelance).

• Batch 220
    - 4/8/2019
    Grégoire Courtois  User Photo
    Grégoire Courtois • Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

The Wagon is one of the most fulfilling experience of my life.
    At le Wagon, we don’t just learn code, we learn why we do it and how to do it right.
    The spirit is awesome, the teachers adapt themselves to each and every student, so no one is left behind.

I can’t believe the experience I gain in only 9 weeks. I feel I have a backbone now and I don’t feel ashamed to call myself a developer, thanks to le Wagon.

The fun thing is when you’re there, you’re not just part of a batch, you just have been welcomed in a big family (a 4000 people family). A family which support each other, raise each other and understand each other.

The 9 weeks program is like a marathon but inside a formula 1. You know it’s long and hard but when you watch where you came from, you can’t realize how far you get in just few weeks.

Now I’m at the beginning of my new career, I know I still have a lot to learn (and I will learn all my life) but one thing is sure, I am not afraid.

If you’re still asking the question, should I leave that job which makes me feel miserable, don’t hesitate anymore, take that leap, you won’t regret it.

• Le Wagon Bali
    - 4/8/2019
    Tomek Stacharski  User Photo
    Tomek Stacharski • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Before Le Wagon I was working in Ad Tech in London, hacking together automated advertising solutions for clients using Google sheets, Zapier and any other 3rd party solutions that required no coding ability.

Doing this I eventually started to realise that there were massive opportunities I couldn’t take advantage of because I couldn’t code, which is why I decided to join Le Wagon.

Le Wagon Bali itself was incredible. Despite the tremendous amounts you learned each week the teachers had an incredible impact on the overall mood. The teacher to student ratio and the ticket system meant you never had to wait too long for a ticket to be solved and if a teacher needed to sit with you for a few hours to explain something, they could!

On the course I met people from all different walks of life and this definitely inspired me to consider opportunities I would not have previously. And I couldn’t have wished for a nicer group of people and I feel like I have definitely made some lifelong friends.

Also being in Bali is incredible. Everytime you get stressed or frustrated you can have a look at the ocean from the classroom or go down to the beach or even visit one of the many (many) great coffee shops. And Le Wagon worked really hard to organise trips on free weekends so you could make the most of being in paradise.

Le Wagon not only gave me a great toolbox of coding languages but also taught me how I could teach myself more languages. A lot of the focus was on self-learning and preparing you for when you don’t have a teacher by your side. This was especially true for final project week. Being able to take my own idea to a fully fledged progressive web app over the course of the last 10 days and be able to present it to a room full of people was probably one of my proudest achievements.

Now that I have finished Le Wagon I am currently considering whether to take a job at an exciting new startup or try to realise some of my own business ideas, but whatever I end up doing, I’m sure the learning doesn’t stop now.

• Meryl  User Photo
    Meryl • Fondatrice RollerGirlHôtesses et OhMyStaff • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I’m an entrepreneur since 2014 and I enrolled at Le Wagon Paris at the end of 2018 for 9 amazing weeks. It was one of the most intense and great experiences of the last few years. You can completely trust them to benefit from a bootcamp very well structured, teached by strong professors and teaching assistants, and with moments of fun and cheerfulness.
    Last year, I wanted to create a new project, in line with my company. This project is a booking plateform 100% online and 100% automatized, which needs a powerful app. As I had no skills or even 0 knowledge in coding, I first thought to subcontract the creation of the app. By subcontracting I would have “lost control” of the production, what I didn’t want to do. Then I discovered Le Wagon and told myself it could be amazing to learn to code in only 9 weeks. This is an essential skill if you want to create a startup. Not only to code yourself, but also to be able to understand what the developers do. If you want to discover this world, jump on a big challenge, gain new skills and open job opportunities, I really recommend you Le Wagon :)

• Maxime  User Photo
    Maxime • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I completed Le Wagon Full Stack Bootcamp end of 2018 in Paris, this course is well structured and balanced, adapting to your level. For the record, I had no previous code experience.

Over 9 intense weeks, I learned how to program in Ruby and structure Web Application. This course gave me all the key foundation about programming and how to be autonomous in learning about code.

I can only recommend this course, the staff and their learning method is exceptional.

• Jennifer  User Photo
    Jennifer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I started to be interested in coding a few of years ago while travelling. After meeting many inspiring developers in hostels, who were working remotely while travelling and making good money. At the time I never really considered myself technically minded enough or able to sit at a computer for long enough to be able to make this a career. I decided to give it a go, and took some online courses. I loved it. Before then I didn't realise that coding is a an excellent job for creative people.

As I started to go deeper into coding I realised that the online videos and challenges I was doing were not enough. I heard about coding bootcamps while travelling in Australia and went to a few open days to find out more. I did some more research upon arriving back in Barcelona and came across Le Wagon. Not only was it rated as the highest bootcamp in Europe, but the fact that it was aimed at creative people and those looking to 'Change your life, learn to code'. It seemed to be the best fit for me.

I remembered that I had a friend who did the same bootcamp in Lisbon the year before and asked him what he thought. I read some articles on Medium that confirmed that. I booked meetings with various other bootcamps in Barcelona just to be sure. Compared to the other options for bootcamps I felt that Le Wagon was more personable, more international and would provide me with the most value for what I wanted to do - change my life and learn to code. Gus didn't spam me with emails not try to convince me to take the course in our meeting, he seemed to want the course to be a good fit for both of us. And so I booked up and a month later I had my first class.

The school was bright and open which I found to be a reflection of the people who filled it. No two people were the same, each with their own story and reasons for learning to code. The focus of the first day was for us to get to know one another and get our computers set up and ready for the following weeks. Each day we would be randomly assigned another student as a buddy and were encouraged to help one another, rather than just asking a teachers help each time. I really enjoyed having the chance to work with and get to know the other students well, and I think it really made an impact on the overall friendly, positive vibe of the whole experience.

We would learn a new topic for a couple of hours in the morning and spend the rest of the day with our buddy tackling practical exercises to help us understand and see how and why to use the new information. We were encouraged to be independent and find answers on our own or with our buddy before asking a teacher for help, which is a great habit to pick up early on in our coding careers.

The last 3 weeks were almost entirely practical as we formed groups and created two different applications, from thinking about the reason for the app, to building the 'user story' and flow, to the design and planning, building the web app and finally presenting our finished product. We did all that using the knowledge we had just learned in the past 6 weeks plus some added extras in the morning lectures. It felt great to be able to show off our apps to friends and family at the end of the bootcamp and feel the sense of accomplishment within our group. Not only that but we are able to add these apps to our CV's, along with all our new skills. Gus helped us to spruce up our LinkedIn profiles and CV's, and we had presentations from recruiters to alumni giving us tips on the next steps for life after the bootcamp. As well as the extra resources, courses and lifetime access to all the lectures and exercises from the bootcamp we have the added bonus of the Le Wagon Alumni slack channel with more than 4000 people posting help, job offers and giving access to this worldwide community of coders.

I am now on the other side of the bootcamp with some interviews lined up and I have started building my website portfolio plus a new app idea of my own. I would not have been able to do this had it not been for Le Wagon's bootcamp and the help and support of Gus and the team here in Barcelona. I would recommend the Le Wagon bootcamp to anyone, but most especially in Barcelona, where we have sunshine almost every day and different fun events every weekend, it was great to have a whole new group of friends to enjoy this beautiful city (and make hilarious coding jokes with!!!). Good luck future coder!

• Yoann Saunier  User Photo
    Yoann Saunier • Front-end developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was working as a music composer & audio engineer. Considering the evolution of the music industry, I decided to learn code to survive this tough jungle in the future. Le Wagon was naturally my first choice to begin this new adventure, and it was above my expectations. The quality of the pedagogy is very high. This chackra opening experience was beyond just learning code: I met very interesting people and joined an amazing family.

After graduating last summer in Paris, I worked for Le Wagon as a Teaching Assistant in Paris, Berlin, Casablanca & Shanghai. That was such an enriching experience. Then and I found a full-time job within only 4 months, as a front-end developer (Vue.js) in my dream city. This new job is quite challenging but I was surprised how quickly I was able to adapt, thanks to the methodoligy I learnt at Le Wagon. It's more about learning how learn, which is the most useful tool in a developer journey.

I strongly recommend Le Wagon, without any hesitation!

• Julien Maisonnier  User Photo
    Julien Maisonnier • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Le Wagon FullStack program that I attended last summer was a unique experience for three reasons :

- First because of its very ambitious developer training scope : one doesn’t learn how to use already made coding tools, that could get obsolete quickly, but rather the logic behind them in a thorough bottom’s up approach (just look at the training programme, it speaks for itself). And still, all levels of developers make their way through the intense formation, from the absolute beginner to the somehow initiated and already keen developer. And it applies to you whether you want to become a developer, a product owner, an entrepreneur, etc.

- Second because the formation has a very smart “hands on” approach following the “learn by doing” principle. A short and sweet lecture session every morning - for approximately an hour and half - and then, code, code, code....  And because everyone works in pairs and is also supported by a great team of knowledgeable Teaching Assistants, you are never alone in front of your screen.

- Third, a business and project oriented approach : because Le Wagon founders don’t want you to think just code, but also business : who is your customer? What problem do you solve? What is your unique value proposition? How do you design it and prototype you web application? And then, how do you code it all up as a team? And when you think you are almost done, you have to present it to the world during demo day! There are some great examples of demo days on the web, watch them, they are real!

I received great feedback about Le Wagon before attending the bootcamp and knew it corresponded to what I was looking for. So I jumped into it. And it turned out to be even better than I anticipated.

Get ready for an intense session, this is not just a walk in the park, it requires your full attention. And in the end, you will be so pleased with Le Wagon experience and you will have met some great people along the way.

Happy coding journey !

• Romain Blanco  User Photo
    Romain Blanco • Founder and CMO Louis Antoinette Paris • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

12 month before starting le Wagon Bali in Jan 2019, I was running a promising start-up that just raised 300 K€ seed fund, team of 5 full time people, great investors and located in the largest European start up hub in Paris, Station F. We had just launched a marketplace of craftmen and craftwoman in fashion, mainly focused on dressmakers. KPI were looking good and before launching we already had hundreds of dressmakers, interest from customers, to make it short we had our first traction. From a tech side I had no knowledge in tech and after a quick benchmark on the French market we decided to choose an agency based in Lyon that develops “The only all-in-one solution for creating your marketplace” (as they call themselves) and pay annual fees to use there “easy to use” marketplace solution… no need to say that was the worst idea I ever had.

The worst decision I ever made

Not only this solution was very expensive (40K€ / year), but also It would take us a week (in the best case) or two to have a button moved (basic CSS and HMTL, now I know J ). When you are launching a new tech business, the first thing you learn from every entrepreneur book is the fact you have to iterate every single day according to user feedback. Well, we had it all, Trello feedback loop, public roadmap, users/dressmakers regular test, full time internal product owner… but the so called “web agency” was facing a peak of work at that moment and would take care of our requests in the best case after 10 days which is an eternity at start-up scale. We were not even asking new features, no back-end, but basics front-end. But worse we had not opportunity to change any back-end function at all. We finally had to pay freelance developers to at least improve User Interface and do the work quicker, which started to cost a lot of money to us. After 9 months like that we eventually ran out of money and could not afford a second year of annual fees (and we didn’t want to carry on with them anyway). The traction was not going fast enough to raise a second round of seed money, technology was not even ours, so we didn’t even have anything to sell. We decided to kill the project. In September 2018, I was by myself no more team, deeply in depth with banks (BPI), my associate had left the business and I was about to close the business.

When I decided to join Le Wagon.

After couple of weeks of back and forth I finally decided to maintain the business by myself, doing some marketing freelance to make money and made the decision to join le Wagon for the January batch. I thought, as I failed my project due to my lack of knowledge in technology I should do something about it. What was the learning I could get from this experience? The answer was definitely making my main 2018 drawback, a 2019 strength by learning how to code asap. A coding boothcamp was the answer ! I already had friends that had been through Le Wagon and just loved the experience, choosing Le Wagon was a no brainer. However I was not making enough money to join le Wagon Paris and live in Paris for two months without freelancing at all. This is when I decided to pick the most exciting AND cheapest cost of life destination where Le Wagon had a campus… BALI, Indonesia.

I had buried my project already.

I was not proud about the project I failed, I felt guilty and I kept thinking I could have done better… I had wasted so much money. It was difficult for me to get over it and even though I kept telling myself failure makes success, being raised in French culture where failure is not really valued it was not easy. Not because of people or friends who were very supportive, but just me…

Honestly running away from Paris and learning code in Bali was some kind of escape, but I really wanted to gain knowledge on how people do business in other cultures. Being in Paris, at Station F at the heart of the French entrepreneurship was great but I wanted to learn from other entrepreneurs outside Paris and outside France. I didn’t really knew what I could expect but I didn’t want to hear about marketplaces and dressmakers anymore.

2019, new year new challenges!

I finally made it to Le Wagon Bali and I had the chance to be part of such a crazy team of Le Wagon Batch #217 with whom I almost spent 24/7 during 2 month. 18 people (teachers included) coming from all over the world (Brazil, UK, Ireland, Korea, Indonesia, USA, Italia, India, France, Thailand, Germany). Everyone had such a great story to share and such a great experience I could learn from. I felt blessed to be in the middle of such a diverse melting pot. During the boothcamp I finally had the great pleasure the re-code from scratch that project I failed last year thanks to an amazing international team (Korea, Ireland and UK) who really believed in this project. We even presented it during our demoday. A month after the end of the boothcamp we are now about to test it in Korea, Japan, UK and South America.

Not only the Le Wagon Bali brought me knowledge on how to code my marketplace my-self but I also had the opportunity to share 2 month of my life in an intensive yet immersive experience. This great team of international people really helped me getting over my recent episode turning it into a strength. Not sure about the outcome of my project yet, but it doesn’t really matter. That was the best therapy and the best entrepreneurial lesson I ever had.

• Jonny Gates  User Photo
    Jonny Gates • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I joined Le Wagon in pursuit of a long term goal: to become a developer. I’d spent time trying to complete online tutorials with varied success. I then spent nine weeks immersed in a fun environment, with peers on the same journey as me, supported by some of the best tutors I’ve had the pleasure of working with. I learned more than I thought I could.

Le Wagon isn’t just about teaching you to code. The curriculum is rounded as such that what you learn is totally applicable to anyone who wants to work in product development. It provides you with the knowledge and resources to be able to create awesome digital products whether that be pitching, design, user experience and more.

Le Wagon is a big commitment. For me it was a big step to leave a job to go back into education but my advice is just do it, and the sooner the better! The bootcamp is not easy, but it’s so rewarding.

I leave Le Wagon able to pursue a career as a developer, with a new set of friends with whom I’ve shared an incredible journey and a community of developers to call upon for support. I say leave, Le Wagon’s never really over, I’ll be seeing everyone for beers this Friday ;)