Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo

Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course, and in 2 months students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. The bootcamp focuses on bringing coding skill to creatives and entrepreneurs with the ambition to build their own MVP and/or challenge their future dev team.

• Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
    Start Date January 5, 2020
    LocationMadrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
    Tuition PlansPayment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
    Prep WorkRuby track on CodeCademy
    January 20, 2020 - Bali
    April 13, 2020 - Bali
    February 10, 2020 - Shanghai

• Nathalie Christmann-Cooper • Co-founder • Graduate

I was part of the first Le Wagon London cohort, batch #36 summer 2016.

I don't have a computer science degree or computer background. I don't have any formal tech training. I have worked as a freelance graphic designer and run my own business for many years, learning to build websites by working my way through various online courses. So I could handle html, css and a little php.

Learning online was ok, it helped me discover my inner geek, which now unleashed, has me addicted to coding. But, and this is a big BUT, these courses always left me feeling frustrated. When you work alone you can be left with 101 questions in your head, "Am I doing this right?", "Is there a better way to write this code?", and 3 days of hair pulling staring at the dreaded white screen of death trying to troubleshoot the missing ';' in your code. Yet there is no-one to ask.

Then I had an idea for an app, and together with my two co-founders, we knew we had to find something more. We'd researched the idea, we'd tested the market and we knew we had something, but feedback from potential investors was that they wanted to see a technical lead on the founding team. I was asked why wasn't I that person if I could build a website? I should be building the app. Fair point.

So I started looking to see how I could step up to that challenge and hit our next milestone of building an mvp in-house. Online learning alone wouldn't cut it. When I came across Le Wagon, it was a no brainer. I went to a couple of meetup groups first to see how they work and it was impressive. The genuine passion and enthusiasm the teaching staff have for coding and programming is infectious. I signed up for the 9 weeks and it was without doubt the best decision to push our bootstrapped startup forward. In fact it's like adding rocket fuel to your idea.

I won't say it's easy. At the beginning the challenges are tough. It's called a bootcamp for a reason. But as a class you grow. With guidance and mentorship from the teaching staff you help each other, you learn from each other. Being part of such a widely diverse group of international students of all age ranges, cultures and working backgrounds was really inspiring. Standing up on stage to demo our newly built mvp is the best buzz. To be able to achieve that in just 9 weeks is a credit the high calibre of the teaching staff.

So what have I come away with? I now feel confident to discuss the continuing development of our mvp with other developers and I can work in a team. I have access to a huge bank of video lectures I can refer back to. Gone are the days of scratching my head in silence, I know have a community I can ask for help. In fact, I have some fellow alumni from the batch working with me on our project after the course. When we are ready to hire, Le Wagon will be my first stop. And I can now put 'Technical Lead' with pride on my team slide.

I will continue to work on the mvp in-house to take us to public launch, become investment ready and prepare for our first technical hire. The mvp was presented at a trade show just two weeks after demo day and already has traction. I was also invited to speak on Sky News to share my positive experience of breaking into the London Tech scene as a woman. Best of all, just one month later, we are finalists in the Appsters Award for 2016 in two categories. That, is the true power of Le Wagon.

• Batch #70 Paris
    - 7/20/2017
    MAURICE-MATAR WEHBE • Freelancer / entrepreuneur • Student

We all know about the fever of entrepreneurship that’s taking the world by storm.

As a multidisciplinary designer and strategic thinker, I have become an opportunist. I saw in every problem that surround me, an idea for a service, a *platform*, an app or whatever can be made and turned into a money making machine.

In today’s world everything is becoming digital driven. Learning to code is a must for everyone. Even kids are learning to code with legos!

Lacking coding skills, and finding that online courses weren’t sufficent I decided to join le Wagon Paris.

And it was the best decision of my life!

Everyday I learned a tons of things, everyday I got more and more comfortable with code. Everyday I was learning to communicate, build and collaborate with other developers. To sum it up, I acquired avant-garde skills that are on high demand in every sectors.

I can testify that in a two-month period at le Wagon, I learned much more than I did during my two-year master. The program is so well designed from its morning lectures, its all day coding practices with a buddy, its livecoding sessions and finally to its end-of-program projects, that in the end, all the pieces fall together making you are capable of coding your own website right away!

The teachers were amazing, very patient and super friendly! They have an amazing system to help you when you’re stuck with the code that will allow you to learn and reflect on your mistakes and Surprise! A lot of good cold beer to chill out your brain at the end of the day!

In the end, not only it was an amazing experience, but the adventure continues. You will become part of an alumni network where you can find ressources, ask questions or even find work.

If you want to become a developer, a piece of advice, join le Wagon, work hard play hard, build a family with your classmates and enjoy the experience!

• Neel Shah • Web design intern • Graduate

Having spent the last 17 years as a qualified management accountant I wanted to do something more creative and interesting towards the end of 2016. I had heard about how software development was experiencing a boom and there weren't enough applicants to fill vacancies.

I tried Codecademy and loved it and decided to go to a bootcamp to immerse myself in the field. But there are lots of them out there: which one to choose? After doing a bit of research online Le Wagon was the one as it was regularly rated as one of the best, not just in the country but the world. After being accepted on the course I did the prep work and the course started in April.

I didn't know what to expect and was a bit apprehensive but the staff members soon put me at ease. They really are a great support. Very knowledgeable and approachable I found they will go out of their way to help you. They make a huge difference to what I achieved. There were some great people in the class with me. A lot of them were in the same boat as me, never having coded before and we got along really well and I've made some friends for life.

The course itself is very challenging and it needs complete dedication. But it is so rewarding. At first I wondered if I was going to be able to keep up but you get used to the pace. It soon started making sense. The best bit was doing a personal project in the last 2 weeks in a team. I was in a team of 3 people and thoroughly enjoyed creating an MVP from scratch. This was real world experience that was so valuable.

It culminated with me giving a presentation at the Google campus (I've never given a presentation in-front of so people in my life) on our product and that was so much fun. The decision to switch to software development was quite easily one of the best in my life and I couldn't have chosen a better partner than Le Wagon to help me get started. Accounting is definitely in the rear view mirror!

• Give it a try
    - 7/19/2017
    Florestan Lefevre • Graduate

Having been working in a French start-up for 4 years in Canada, wearing different hats (Project/Product Manager), I wanted to fill technical gaps by learning more about coding.
    Comparing different schools in North America and Europe, I was convinced Le Wagon would offer me the best option. The learning curve seemed amazing, and they focused a lot in creating an efficient and international tech community which I wanted to be part of.
    Based on the reviews, I had high expectations about the FullStack program and all of them were exceeded.

During my time at Le Wagon, we were completely immersed in the tech environment. Since day one, you understand that this is a boosting environment and that you need to make the best of it. The tech world changes fast, and they teach you how to adapt to it. I can now fully understand how coding affects performance and where to get the information I need to keep learning.

Looking back at the 9-week-program now, I realise how much we have learned and accomplished. We were able to get a taste and use a lot of different technologies and languages, we've also got to play with APIs and build projects with other students.
    People at Le Wagon share a genuine interest in entrepreneurship, and it drives you to learn more every day. You will be mentored by teachers who are always happy to help or offer advice, and get the chance to attend diverse conferences about entrepreneurship.

• Luke Charny • Graduate

Before I started at Le Wagon I had been running a travel blog for several years. During that time, I became frustrated with my inability to add new features to the blog without relying on a developer. I also have plenty of ideas for new projects within the travel industry, but again, without the technical knowhow or serious investment, they were very difficult to get off the ground.

I stumbled onto Le Wagon coding school earlier this year and decided if I was ever going to take my ideas further I was going to need to learn to code. It happened to be one of the best training decisions I ever made. The course is intense, there is a lot of information to take in within a short space of time, but they took me from no knowledge of coding to being able to build a website in 9 weeks.

Each morning starts with a new lecture, after which you spend the rest of the day practicing those skills in well-designed exercises. The teachers and assistants were all first class. Knowledgeable, patient, and eager to help every student understand every element of the course.  The course is well structured and by the time you reach the final project in the last two weeks, each student has the ability to work on both the front and back end. Our team of four created a web application that simulated a recipe app.

This included a tinder-style swiper which learnt the ingredients you did and didn't like and offered recipes based on your tastes. Since finishing the course, I'm now working on my new project, a travel company which creates short food tours led by chefs. I'm currently writing this from Bangkok where we've created the first tour and I'm working on building the website. I really couldn't recommend this course highly enough to anyone who wants a change of career or anyone who wants to model their own ideas.

• Luciano Montezzo • Graduate
    Well, passed those 9 weeks and a couple of months after my experience on LeWagon's bootcamp, I can definitely endorse their slogan "Change your life: learn to code". At least for me, it really changed my life.

As a background, I'm a business graduated, who spent many years working on the industry as a marketing executive. From traditional marketing I moved to digital marketing and that's pretty much when I decided to quit the industry and start a career as an entrepreneur on the tech market.

By that time, I honestly wasn't aware how much the lack of technical skills would cost me. Time showed me that a idea, a vision, business knowledge, money and contacts might not be enough to build a great tech company. Yes, you can find technical partners, you can hire people, but how can you lead a business if you don't know what is under the hood?

As a stubborn entrepreneur, a couple of bad experiences wouldn't put me down... I just didn't find the right partner yet, I thought.

What about learning to code?
    Are you nuts???? Have you seen those codes, that black crazy screen, this is not for me! This is for engineers, mathematicians, scientists... I'm just a creative business guy.

But well, after struggling a bit more I heard about this bootcamp stuff and started to consider it as an option.

Not that I blindly joined it. Before signing in for this two months journey, I watched a few demodays, I cold mailed some random people that took the course and asked for feedbacks. I even went to one of their events before I made up my mind.... ok, let's go for it!

Now, the only regret I have is to have waited so long for it.

LeWagon's course, material, structure, teachers, colleagues etc, they all overcame my expectations. They really take the right path to introduce some non-technical guy like myself to programing from the basics to be able to build an actual product for the market. I do believe that Ruby on Rails is a great choice as a programing language/framework for this program, as now we can rely on a big and active community of programmers to support our progress moving on.

Today although working with programmers much more experienced than me in my team, I'm being able to lead the development of our product, understanding what are our alternatives, the best choices, while actually helping coding our next features.

As a final advice, if you are thinking about taking the LeWagon bootcamp, think no further, just go for it, I promise, you won't regret!
  • Jackson Graziano • Co-founder • Graduate

The "change your life, learn to code" headline might sound like an overstatement, but it's not. Le Wagon is allowing me to change my life and to get closer to my goals.

Programming was never a strange thing to me. I attended Engineering School, where I learned some C and Assembly. Working on financial markets for the last 11 years got me some VBA skills.

But web programming was way ahead of my understanding.

Before Le Wagon I tried to read some books, to follow some tutorials, to watch some videos. The information was so diffused that it took months to get me from zero to almost nothing. Alone and not having too much time on my hands, it was very hard to know what to read and where to focus.

When I learned about Le Wagon, I felt that it was for me.

It doesn't matter if you know some programming or if you have never seen a single line of code at all. If you feel that you would be closer to your goals if you had the ability to code a web app, you have the fit to attend Le Wagon.

The last 2 weeks of the course, when you join a team to build a real application (my team built the mvp of a headhunter marketplace), have the power to show you what you can do in real life.

The curriculum is results driven and will get you from 0 to 1 in an unbelievable short time. The teaching platform is amazing. After the 9 weeks, you'll have all the essentials to follow ahead by your own feet.

Now, after Le Wagon, I'm co-founding a energy trading company. Despite this being a more 'traditional' company (by not being part of the startup world), Le Wagon is allowing us to leverage the potential of our new company: I'm building a back office web platform - something that's not common for this kind of business.

Don't get intimidated if you don't have familiarity with coding. If you love tech and have the urge to build stuff, Le Wagon can help you.

• Miguel Jimenez • Freelance HR Consultant & Facilitator • Graduate

I came across Le Wagon in a somewhat random, unintentional way. I once had a long layover and I joined a digital entrepreneurship meet up organised by Le Wagon. When I met the team and the batch students, I immediately fell in love with their vibe. Since that moment on, the idea of signing up for Le Wagon was seeded in my mind.

I am a psychologist by training, and I have mostly worked in human resources as a consultant. Nevertheless, I have always been a technology enthusiast. I wanted to steer my career towards the tech field, either as an entrepreneur or as a consultant. In order to be effective when working with developers, I thought doing a coding bootcamp would give me the right foundation. I decided to join Le Wagon in Barcelona, and it was the perfect match for me - While the course gives you a rock-solid background in coding, the focus on agility and acquiring the skills to launch your own projects as fast as possible is always present throughout the curriculum.

What I did not expect is that Le Wagon would also spark a passion for coding. I had zero background in coding prior to the bootcamp, and I was amazed at what I was able to build in a team after only 9 weeks. The positive atmosphere, the constant challenge in combination with the attentive support of the teaching staff equipped me to become self-driven as a junior developer by the end of the process.

After finishing, I can say that Le Wagon is way more than a coding course. You will interact with a variety of highly skilled professors, you will join a community of talented people from all sorts of backgrounds, and you will have an incredible alumni network to tap into whether you are looking for a developer job, freelance opportunities or kicking off your own venture. When I look at how much I’ve learned, and the opportunities that I now have in front of me, I can only say that going through Le Wagon has been the best career-changing decision I could have taken.
    Add Comment Collap

• Mohamed Ibrahim • Student

Over the past year, I have been trying to learn how to code using online resources. Unfortunately, I was overwhelmed by the amount of topics that I needed to cover as well as the extensive documentation that was necessary for each subject. When I found out that it is really time consuming to learn on my own, I decided to look for other ways. I began searching for coding bootcamps nearby, I was impressed by the amount of skills they promised but I was skeptical as well. The first website I came across was Switchup which ranked different bootcamps by order. Le Wagon was ranked first and it had positive reviews all around. It caught my attention and I decided to find out more. I went on their website and I started watching the previous demo days, watching these videos is what made Le Wagon stand out for me. It was proof of what people where able to achieve at the end of the bootcamp. I decided to apply, and when I saw that they had a program in Barcelona, I was instantly hooked, I had always wanted to go to Spain and this was the perfect opportunity.

On the first day of the bootcamp, I was really nervous about my decision, moving to a new city, being stuck with the same people for 9 weeks, I just didn’t know if it was all worth it. However, after the first week, I was convinced. We had learned so much in the first 5 days that made me know for sure that I had made the right decision. If you have doubts about doing Le Wagon, Just go for it. There is so much to learn and many experiences to be had. Le wagon is a lot more than just coding, it is about community, travel, entrepreneurship, teamwork, product development, project management, etc… You learn a variety of skills that together make you standout when applying for your next job. It opens your eyes to the tech world and gives you the necessary skills to succeed in it. Along the way, you make sincere friendships with likeminded people that can expand your networks and help you find professional opportunities.

The program itself is well structured and organized. The first half is divided into two major sections, you first learn the fundamental skills of a backend programmer, and then you learn the frontend. The second half is about putting it all together and creating different products. The last two weeks are by far the most challenging, but definitely the most rewarding. You team up with different students and create your own products from beginning to end. Reaching the end of the bootcamp is the toughest part. Everyone was emotional on the last day and it was very hard to say good bye. However, we were all looking forward for what we have to come and ready to take on new challenges. It is truly as they advertise: learn to code, change your life.

• lauren • Student

Because of Le Wagon, I am a confident coder. Leaving Barcelona and Le Wagon was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. If you are on the fence about doing this course, I can only say that you will not regret it one bit. You will learn coding and how to work with a variety of different people, which are skills you can use for years to come.

I was sitting in my computer science class one day when my teacher started talking about studying abroad. Immediately I texted my dad about the two-week trip my teacher discussed during class. He shot that idea down saying it looked more like a vacation than real education and told me he would, however, be open to a coding boot camp. I didn’t even know coding boot camps existed so I Googled “best coding boot camps” and Le Wagon popped up near the top of the list. I was interested in traveling abroad and the Le Wagon hit both items on the check list (coding and international travel).

I was very nervous before our first Le Wagon Lecture.  My roommate Courtney and I tripled checked our backpacks because we were so nervous. When we walked into class we were greeted by all the teachers who were very friendly and by Gus who we knew from our interviews. After our first lecture, we dove right into our coding challenge and it was go, go, go for the next nine weeks.

The Le Wagon teachers are not only great coders, but are also great people. They made us feel welcome from day one and were also nice enough to meet up with us after class either to help us with coding or simply to grab a beer and talk about how the day went. The thing I’ll miss most about the experience is going out with the other students after class. We loved going to Placa del Sol, drinking beers and eating patatas bravas, and talking about how the day went.

Their slogan “learn to code change your life” says it all and is true. Whether you’re going to be a coder after boot camp, going back to school, or going back to your old job, this experience was really life changing. In nine weeks I got to work with 23 different people from all kinds of different backgrounds, and for me that was something special. I made friendships that I’m sure will last a lifetime.

• Achille Miklitarian • Freelance Developer • Graduate

I love my two months at Le Wagon Paris learning how to code from scratch. There are two main reasons for that:

- The training is great, the teacher are operational and provide pragmatic advice. So it is super effective to learn in only 9 weeks there.

- It is a lot about people there, the human experience is unique.

To discover more, I encourage you to have a look at the article I wrote on the subject (it is just a 3 min read)

• Ellyn Bouscasse • Graduate

I am passionate to learn and create, and studied business in University.  I travelled around the world to discover the spectrum of culture and ways of life.  In all my travels and past projects I always found a ‘golden door’ that gave me access to a new world of knowledge, people and experiences: Languages.

After my travels I settled in Amsterdam with two primary drivers in mind: technology and sustainability.  I had enrolled in classes online (MOOC) related to these two subjects as well as Blockchain.  By diving into Blockchain I realised how powerful technology can be used for positive and sustainable change in business and the broader world.  I became aware of how coding is the universal language of our digital world: so I decided I must learn.

I started looking for a coding school and chose le Wagon in Amsterdam for its reputation, the community and its entrepreneurial mindset.

Teachers and teacher assistants are highly motivated to share their knowledge and competencies. The pedagogy is well driven and allows you to be part of the beautiful world of developers, entrepreneurs and change-makers.

For the final project, we built a chatbot that enables citizens to report a problem or suggest an idea within your own city. Our startup - Citydotzen (http://citydotzen.com) - got selected by the incubator program “Startup in Residence” driven by the province North Holland. Over the next 6 months we will grow our chatbot and develop our startup.

• Awesome Bootcamp
    - 7/2/2017
    Germain LORET • Graduate

Before entering Le Wagon, I worked as a marketing manager for an e-commerce website for 3 years. It was a first approach of the web world to me, but I wanted to go further and learn how to code.

Le Wagon allowed me to learn how to make a website without having to re-enter the studying system for several years. I learned the basis of HTML, CSS, jQuery, SQL, Ruby, Ruby and Rails, etc. But the bootcamp is not just about learning several languages one after another, it's all about understanding the structure of a modern website and choosing the good language to do the right thing. Le Wagon also gives us the tips to learn by ourselves other programming languages and the best practices to build up a web application.

It really loved that experience and it gave me the will to be a good developer. I am currently learning how to use Vanilla JS by myself with a friend/co-worker I met at Le Wagon, and we are going to learn React JS right after. I'm also looking for freelance opportunities as a developer. Le Wagon's former students network should allow me to find good chances quite quickly.

• Game changer
    - 7/2/2017
    Quentin Casaubon • Graduate

I have this basic theory on a job that after 6 months you know what you are doing, if you don’t have the opportunity to learn new things in your job, considered it over. So after a business school in Paris and more than a year in a US firm, I chose to quit in order to fulfill the need to learn new things and also, actually build stuff.

I had the chance to be part of the creation of a startup in my studies, all those web principles that you may have heard of, but that you don’t study in Business school, such as MVP, prototyping, UX/UI and of course web development. Those concepts are well-documented on the internet if you wanna get a deep dive into it, but I don’t think you will really understand them until you actually use it in a practical way. This experience was intellectually insane for me, I wanted to know more and also get my hands in the code.

This is what Le Wagon teaches you, a practical approach to build stuff, from the idea to its launch, as well as an overwhelming web knowledge.

The overall experience is life-changing. I was part of the Batch#48 in Paris, not only that Le Wagon team is inspiring, welcoming and knowledgeable, you also learn to code with dynamic and motivated classmates, people who are truly dedicated to learn which makes the bootcamp truly enjoyable.

I would recommend it anytime.

• Constantin Ehrlich-Adam • Graduate

To start with, the bootcamp was definitely worth it. If you would have asked me at the start what I believe I would be able to do at the end, I would by far not have believed I would have learnt that much.

Before starting the course, I studied Mechanical Engineering, therefore the logic based thinking and even programming was nothing I was completely new to. Still, it is a different world of programming when one is at university. At Le Wagon, I thought the teaching was very product oriented. It gives the lectures and exercises a purpose and a motivation to learn and code for multiple hours 5 days a week for 9 weeks straight. Thinking back, I cannot believe having spent that much time at a computer day in day out and I still enjoyed it.

Le Wagon in Lisbon also gives you a whole environment within the startup scene, where you feel like you are part of the dynamic. Regular talks with StartUp CEOs, CTOs or Founders encourage you to pursue your own idea, to put effort into something that probably is out of your comfort zone. Le Wagon also is a network of people that are ready to help each other, give advice and valuable feedback.

The group of students of the batch for me one of the most important factors of the course. Everyone comes from a different background, a different country or a different stage in their lives. Though one thing they all had in common was the thrill and enthusiasm to learn something new and get out of their comfort zone. So we might have been very different people but we had a strong common point. This lead to regular dinner parties, weekends at the beach or just a good after work beer. The atmosphere and the support within the batch is one key element that drives you through these intense 9 weeks.

Even though I am going back to study and will not straight jump into the developer's world, it was one of the best decisions of my gap year. It opened a new world of possibilities for me, it set the path for a never ending learning process in programming and all its various fields and it gave me an immense jump forward.

• Le Wagon Lisbon
    - 6/27/2017
    Mariana Santos • CEO and Founder • Student

I loved this bootcamp! I learn from zero to enought to make me do my own app by myself. It was really really intensive 9 weeks, but it was really worth it. Making it in Lisbon gave me even an extra good vibe as the city is turning into the hotspot for startups from all over the world, so having this ecosystem coming to visit our bootcamp each week, made some students get a job half way throught the bootcamp. Really recommend! It is worth each day and each penny I've invested.

• ADOPTED !
    - 6/15/2017
    Louise Devilder • Student

I’ve just finished the Batch # 67 of the Wagon Bordeaux. I have only one word to say: THANK YOU! That an incredible professional and human adventure. It is intense and so rewarding. We are a new person, with technical skills that we could never have acquired otherwise. It’s crazy that to know what ve have in our hands. It's pretty incredible how strong you feel with these tools. The Ruby language is truly hyper well designed so it can be adopted very quickly. For me, the Wagon allowed me to see more clearly what I really wanted to do in life. And I discovered a world that I particularly love. Our final training projects show us how much we learned during the previous weeks. To apply all notions is really satisfactory. We do not realize what we can do.
    I can only tell you one thing, go ahead! Of course, there is a lot of work, the bootcamp is intense, but you will come out stronger. The team is top, listening, professional. The atmosphere is always cool !
    Do not hesitate to exchange with alumni of the Wagon for their feedback and to go to the Demo Day ! So, let’s Happy Hacking! :wink:

• Lionel • Front End Developper • Graduate

My name is Lionel and I'm from Belgium. I'm a 3D Graphic Designer but I've always been interested about Web Development, especially Web Design. I'll give you some life context so that you can understand why Le Wagon was such a game changer for me !

After my studies, I worked few years in Belgium as a graphic designer but then I decided to leave my comfort zone and travel the world. I've been to Australia, New Zealand, and Asia during more than a year, working as a freelancer to carry on my trip. During my studies, I gained a set of skills combining rigour, technique, and creativity but something was missing : coding.
    I knew le Wagon for a while but I was working and was busy on some projects, so not able to apply for the bootcamp while I was in Europe. But when I was in Indonesia, I received my canadian visa and at the same time I heard Le Wagon will do his first batch in Montreal in February 2017. It was a sign and the perfect timing so I told myself, LET'S DO THIS ! My only regret ? I didn't apply earlier !!!

It was an amazing experience and I'm still in touch with most of my classmates and teachers. Le Wagon is not only an amazing community, it's also a family. After Le Wagon, with one of my classmates, we've decided to work as freelance Web Developers during our freetime and after only 3 weeks I found a job in a great startup as a Front-End Developer ! Plus, I'm also now a Teacher Assistant for the next batch and will do my best to give the students the best experience possible, as I got.

Honestly, I'm really impressed by what we learned in just 9 weeks and I'm so glad I did it because I can now combine my graphic design skills with web development. So don't hesitate guys, it's 200% worth it and you won't regret it for sure.

• Mike Simmonds • Graduate

I studied at Le Wagon in Amsterdam - A beautiful city and a vibrant group of genuinely interesting individuals!

After working as a picture framer for around 7 years, I was looking for a change. I had built a website for the company that I was working for and really enjoyed the process. I started doing a few more (mainly wordpress) sites for charities and small business’ and I realised that maybe this was the career change I was looking for.
    I taught myself in the evenings and at the weekend using online resources and was really enjoying it. I learned a lot but after a few months I felt like I was going in circles and had reached the limit of online learning.
    This is where the decision to join a bootcamp came. I looked at a broad range of bootcamps, each with different structures and learning styles.
    I chose Le Wagon for a number of reasons. I really liked the fact that all of the learning resources were available after the bootcamp ended. This was also very helpful when I unexpectedly had to miss 2 days of the bootcamp. I could read the lectures and keep up with the rest of the class. I also liked the way that the bootcamp had a strong social group. I now feel I have a strong group of like-minded developers who can help me when I get stuck.
    The bootcamp was hard work, especially as I had to travel into Amsterdam each day. It was however worth every minute and I’m really glad I made the decision to take part -- I’m now confident and ready to become a junior Ruby developer!

• Erin • Graduate

If you can see from the other reviews, Le Wagon gets high marks as a programming bootcamp. It has a well-designed, rigorous curriculum that does a great job starting you at A (almost no knowledge of programming) and getting you to Z (being an autonomous developer that can build applications). The teachers and TAs were knowledgeable, supportive and great teachers. The bootcamp is absolutely worth the price. It has made me an autonomous software developer, which is exactly what I was looking for - of course, I have plenty more to learn but I have no problem digging into documentation that would've intimidated me before.

About Barcelona in particular, I couldn't have made a better choice of location. Seriously, if you decide to go with Le Wagon, do it in Barcelona. The batch had an amazing group of people that you rarely find in one place - different nationalities who had all lived abroad and developed the open-mindedness and maturity that comes with that. When the bootcamp ended, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we experienced "Le Wagon withdrawal". This was not linked to the program and curriculum (as great as it was) but the sense of community that developed during the Barcelona batch.

• Emile Karam • Student

I took part of Le Wagon boot camp Paris batch #59 in the scope of my entrepreneurship major at HEC Paris. Joining Le Wagon was the best decision I made during the year. The program allows you to develop:
    -    A solid basis in coding, ruby on rails, html, CSS, Javascript, SQL…
    -    An overview of product management
    -    A strong network of web developers extremely united and helpful for future projects

Wanting to launch my startup right after graduation my goal at Le Wagon was to learn how to work with a technical team and develop a prototype that I could show to potential investors. Thanks to Le Wagon it is mission accomplished, we are now incubated at Station F.

At Le Wagon, the program is built in a learn by doing format that promotes team work. Each day you start with a one and a half hours’ class then immediately put in practice your learnings by solving exercises with a class mate. This helps build strong bonds with your colleagues and learn how to code within a team which is key to succeed in future web development jobs. The culmination of the program is coding your own prototype within a team of 4 people. The experience is amazing because it gives you a taste of product management and the role of a CTO within a technical team.

If you are looking to enrol in a coding boot camp don’t base your decision only on the languages you want to learn. There are tons of tutorials out there to learn whatever you want. What is important, in my opinion, is the boot camp’s teaching culture and the tools and network they provide you with to successfully accomplish your goals when you leave the camp. I highly encourage anybody considering joining Le Wagon as it is an experience that will continue to give you benefits even after the 9 week classes.

• Julie Ehrmann

I took part in Le Wagon’s Fullstack Bootcamp as a member of the Batch #48 in Paris between January and March 2017. When I joined Le Wagon, I was taking a second gap year during my Master in Management in Paris, after having worked for a year and a half in Finance, Business Development in a Tech start-up and Venture Capital. Throughout my experiences, it quickly appeared obvious to me that if I wanted to specialize in Entrepreneurship (which I did), coding was not an option but an obligation.

I had heard about Le Wagon from a friend of a friend about a year before, and as the idea of learning how to code was growing in my mind, I soon realized that the duration (2 months of intensive courses) as well as the program (fullstack bootcamp) perfectly fitted my needs. I contacted several Alumni, all very helpful, who comforted me in my decision to apply to Le Wagon.

And here I was, on January 2nd 2017, at the 16 Villa Gaudelet in Paris, discovering the 39 other students of all ages and professional backgrounds I would spend the two following months with…

You’ll see, studying at Le Wagon is rather demanding, as you will have to be perfectly focused during the morning classes if you want to understand and do the exercises successfully in the afternoon with your Buddy of the Day – especially during the first three weeks of the Bootcamp. But don’t be afraid: learning a new language following Le Wagon’s way is probably the best way to do it! Indeed, as the weeks pass on and your work assiduity stays the same, you really get stimulated by this feeling of gaining new skills every day, thanks both to the Teachers and the Teaching Assistants who are always monitoring your work and helping you when needed.

On a broader perspective, at Le Wagon, not only do you learn how to code, but it’s also a way to :

• get to meet amazing people, both alumni and fellow students,
    • discover more about the start-up ecosystem through the events hosted at Le Wagon,
    • and realize that as a student, you can indeed produce technically high-quality projects after only 9 weeks of coding (the last two weeks of the Bootcamp being dedicated to personal projects by groups of 3 to 4).

I probably wrote too much already, but I could follow on like this for a long time in order to convince all of you that learning how to code is probably the best decision you’ll ever make (at least it was for me), as it will open up amazing job opportunities for you, and there is definitely no better place than Le Wagon to do it !

• Julien Pauss • Student

As a CEO of my start-up, I always have to face technical challenges. After a few researches, I discover Le Wagon that supplies the perfect technical bootcamp. 9 weeks to become full-stack developper with a focus on technologies commonly used by startups.

My experience at Le Wagon Montréal was really amazing. On the one hand, it offers intense classes and challenges that allow you to understand clearly front end and back end web development. On the other hand, you share with other students from all over the world the same goal during 9 weeks; it is like a second family. In my batch #63 there were students from the US, UK, Belgium, France and of course Québec !

I highly recommend to join Le Wagon; the bootcamp could open many doors in your career path. It has been one of the most exciting experience in my life !

• Friso Jelsma • Graduate

My background lies in sales where I first came in contact with a group of programmers in Malaysia. I was fascinated to see how a dedicated team of programmers, testers and designers were able to create a tech solution that helped companies engage with their target audience. The idea to work in a team and create a custom made solutions from scratch appealed greatly to me. Choosing Le Wagon as the place to learn how to code turned out to be a great decision.

The bootcamp is well organised by people that truly care about their students and teachers. The teaching material is phenomenal, they basically succeeded in creating a summary of the internet on how to code in Ruby, Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, jQuery and much more. There is a structured approach for every module, day and exercise. Everyday you team up with one of your fellow students which creates great teamspirit and group dynamics but also improves your learning curve.

The teachers are absolute specialists in their field of work and share a enthusiasm in teaching. They help you to think like a developer and look for solutions in the online documentation rather then just giving you the answers. In the final weeks of the Bootcamp you will team up in groups of three to build a web app from the ground up. This team effort is, in my opinion, one of the most important learning experience. You will have to apply most of your knowledge and work together by dividing tasks and merging changes online using Github.

Finally, the community of alumni’s, teachers and students is truly remarkable. On the different Slack channels people share interesting articles, job opportunities, and you can ask for help with any specific problem in the #help channel. Also there are plenty of meetups where you can stay up to date on any new developments in the field of tech and also social events like wall climbing. Whether you want to become a developer, build your own product or any other reason, I would highly recommend to join Le Wagon.

• George Devedlaka • Creative Technologist • Graduate

Le Wagon was an incredible experience for me. I joined the course shortly after leaving school and was looking to leave with the freedom to create my own projects or pursue a career in development, that was exactly what I got. I now have the opportunity to work for Salesforce in California.

Before the course I had a bit of knowledge on HTML and CSS after building a few simple websites for people. However, these 9 weeks totally transformed my knowledge and capabilities in web programming.

We had a really amazing class where I made some good friends. The teachers were incredible and always gave 100%. The last 3 weeks of working in teams and building your own projects is a unique experience. After a very testing first few weeks you can't believe we actually built our own products in such a short period of time.

I left Le Wagon with great technical skills, a great experience and I would wholeheartedly recommend Le Wagon to anyone seeking these things.

• Dev ROR • Graduate

A look back at my experience at Le Wagon.

I joined Le Wagon in October 2016. Before that, I had a rather traditional background. I studied marketing in a business school then had a bunch of internships/part-time/full-time positions in the food industry. What was the trigger for me? Well, I met an alumni from Le Wagon during a Startup Weekend and we discussed about the lack of developers and my desire to be able to build my own projects without depending on "the technical guy". Following this discussion, I went to an evening talk at Le Wagon Paris office which just validated my choice of joining the program. Being stressed by nature :slightly_smiling_face: I anticipated a bit. I send a mail to Le Wagon in April, I ran the interview and had finished the ruby preparation track by May. All the lights were green, I patiently waited for the bootcamp to start and quit my job.

On 9th October, I started this crazy 9-week journey into code. Being back to school, I was a bit worried on the new things I would have to learn (I have never been a Maths person). The days were dense, very dense, but time was flying as we were learning new stuff and discovering the fascinating world of programming coding 10 jours every day. The quality of teaching and the teaching material itself are amazing, and made me keep my feet on the ground. We practiced lots of Ruby of course, but also HTML/CSS/Bootstrap, JS/jQuery, learnt how to integrate various API, and finished with 4 weeks using the awesome Rails framework.

People in my batch were great. Every day I was discovering someone new thanks to Le Wagon's "buddy system", forcing us to pair program. And besides the cold winter, we were often motivated to have a dink (maybe several!) after a challenging day of code. We organised a diner, a Christmas evening, and most importantly we helped each other every day! No one was left behind! Everyone in my batch had a different background: business school, musician, students in literature, engineers, truck driver! I hope Le Wagon will continue to mix profiles like this as it is one of the biggest strengths of the program in my opinion.

I came full of ambition, I wanted to build social networking website for sharing prayers. It was a bit unusual as a bootcamp's project but I managed to find 2 partners to code it for the last 2 weeks of the program. A great success, a kind of a condensed entrepreneurial adventure. You eat and sleep with your project in mind, you remain on slack to chat with your partners all day and night, you tend to get stressed, you argue, you celebrate when you implement a new feature, you cheer each other up until the final pitch! To sum up, I loved these 9 weeks, and especially the last two when everybody fully realized all the work that had been done the previous weeks.

While looking back at this experience, I don't have any regrets making this decision at all and I'll advice anybody wanting to learn coding to do the same.
    What's next for me? As for now, I am launching a freelancing career in parallel with preparing the launch of Bless Me.