Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo

Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course, and in 2 months students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. The bootcamp focuses on bringing coding skill to creatives and entrepreneurs with the ambition to build their own MVP and/or challenge their future dev team.

• Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
    Start Date January 5, 2020
    LocationMadrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
    Tuition PlansPayment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
    Prep WorkRuby track on CodeCademy
    January 20, 2020 - Bali
    April 13, 2020 - Bali
    February 10, 2020 - Shanghai

• Alex • Student

After almost 3,5 years as a partner in a fast-growing startup, it was time for me to challenge myself again and to start a new entrepreneurial project.
    To make the transition, I wanted to take time to learn new things and code has been an evidence. I choose LeWagon, 9 intense weeks to transform you in a full stack developer, and on my side open my mind to a totally new subject I really took pleasure to learn.
    Online courses are clear and the Parisian staff is just amazing.
    I totally recommend this training for entrepreneurs who want to learn how to understand and talk to their dev team!

• Cyrielle • Student • Graduate

I have a strong interest in entrepreneurship and innovation. After 4 years in a business school, I took a gap year and left for NYC, where I interned for a startup, and then for a business angel. But this year couldn't have ended better than with Le Wagon.

The program is really intense; I spent 9 weeks thinking and dreaming of code… and I can say that I am not the only one. Days are well structured, as we start with the lesson of the day, and then we work in pairs (different every day) on exercises related to the lesson.  At the end of the day, we come back to class to do a recap.
    We learnt a few different languages. If you have difficulties to understand something, teachers are here to help. If you are faster than others, this is the same. The program adapts to you, and not the other way around.

The people I've met have different interests and come from different industries. However, we all share this passion for innovation and desire to build amazing things, which makes Le Wagon's community awesome.

I would recommend Le Wagon to anybody passionate about entrepreneurship and… willing to work hard and play hard!

• Again !
    - 8/1/2017
    Gabriel • COO • Graduate

I have been part of TheWagon Batch#70. Before that, I was a growth hacker in a parisian accelerator and I wanted to be able to work on side projects on my own. After two months that seemed two days, I am now launching a startup with a friend I met there.

One may judge the quality of this bootcamp as per the complete set of skills the alumni show afterwards. However, there is no words fair enough to qualify the benevolence of the team, the excellence of the platform and the talent of the people you are likely to meet there.

• Moufid Jaber • Graduate

I was a student in batch #48 at Le Wagon in Paris. Before Le Wagon, I had studied finance, international relations and Islamic studies (quite a mix, I know) and worked as a political researcher, and as a news producer in a international news channel.

I joined Le Wagon because I wanted to set up my own news-related website. I attended the bootcamp while studying towards a master's degree on the side, which I don't recommend, because Le Wagon will need your full attention, and missing even one day in an intensive coding bootcamp can set you back quite much (I ended missing a few days, because of family circumstances, because I got sick, and also because I had to study for my exams).

There, in the last three weeks, three of my classmates and I built a service that helps people in need to find soup kitchens and free meals near them using simple text messaging. After the bootcamp, we are still working on the website and have transformed it into an non-profit association.

Le Wagon was an intense experience, one of the best in my life. And it wasn't easy: frustrating at first, but rewarding at the end. And the key is not to give up. Besides learning how to code, I made some really good friends, and I also had the pleasure to meet some great people amongst the teachers, teachers' assistants and staff.

I highly recommend Le Wagon to anyone who wants to learn code.

• Mendy Dihars • Developper Web Ruby on Rails • Student

My name is Mendy and I was part of Le Wagon's batch#67 in Bordeaux which ended in June 2017. For a long time, I have searched what I wanted to do with my life. I did some learning at university in psychology and dramatic arts, but college was not for me. Then one day, I found Le Wagon Bootcamp.
    Being comfortables with computers ever since I was a child and being already proficient in HTML/CSS languages. I tempted my fate after many searches about it.

And I fall in love with coding, Ruby, Rails, Javascript, all ! Now, I know what I want to do with my life, Web Developper. Wagon's pedagogy played a big part in my experience. The staff and my batch were incredible too, humanly rewarding. It was 10h/day during two months and I didn't see it pass. Each lesson was exciting and it's the guy who doesn't like school who write that. That was an amazing oportunity and I'm glad I took it.

Two months later, I've new skills, more than I thought and although I still have a lot to learn, I can create a website, from scratch.

An unforgettable experience.

• Manon Chauvin • Graduate

I discovered the Wagon early 2016. They were hosting a hackathon at their headquarters and I remember the first impression I had. It can be difficult to find the balance between professionalism and fun in an office but the Wagon managed to do find it and to have this friendly vibe going on.
    I come from a background in journalism and the media, with a focus on writing, reporting and digital screenwriting. To go further in that specialisation, I decided to learn how to code, to be able to create myself prototypes of the interactive experiences I offered. It was like the missing piece for my professional profile to be complete.
    I had been used, with public bachelors and private education, to a very specific and old school kind of learning and teaching. Furthermore, like most students in the world I had been used to being assessed with grades, which is in my personal opinion a very outdated pedagogical system.
    The Wagon is the total opposite. It allows you to develop your autonomy, your critical thinking and to learn in ways never seen before. In many ways, the Wagon is the Montessori of the web.
    A typical day at the Wagon goes as follows: 1h30/2h of classes, a few minutes to share your thoughts, some exercises specific to the topic tackled that day until 5.30pm and to conclude, 1h30 of "live coding" to teach you how to solve a problem and to demonstrate your strategy. These days were supervised by the Wagon's staff and made easier thanks to the interactive platform we all worked on. You can see your improvements, watch videos of former and future classes and to practice what you learned thanks to "flash cards", a game that help you memorise new learned theories.
    One of the major assets of the Wagon is its collaborative aspect. I was especially impressed by the patience, kindness and empathy of the people I shared these two months with. Indeed, I was quite worried before starting the course: I am not a very logic person, I'm really bad with maths and I hadn't understood the few lines of code during the prep-work, so I feared to be lost. But that's where the name Wagon makes suddenly a lot of sense: we're all in the same boat, the same coach (or wagon!). Despite the different levels of the students, we all moved forward together, feeling supported. Whenever you feel lost in front of the code, it never lasts long, someone will always give you a hand and make sure you really understood before moving to the next step.
    Two other major positive points of the Wagon are the T.A. (teacher assistants) and the buddies.
    For my batch#67 (my training session), all the teacher assistants were former students, often from only a few months ago. They're available all day to answer your questions and help you with whatever you need. It is very motivating and helps you stay into it and never feel lost or overwhelmed by these long lines of code.
    The buddies, another great initiative, is a system of partnership with other alumnis. An algorithm on the online interface matches you with an alumni to team up with for the day. Changing teammates every day is a very enriching experience because it makes you deal with different levels, skills, personalities and perspectives. It makes you improve faster.
    Sure, you could learn by yourself online. I thought of doing it to. But the money you'll save will never replace what you'll learn at the Wagon. As a proof, Sylvain the referring professor in Bordeaux has learned in many years what we learn in 2 months, and with a better support, a better understanding and better tools.
    I can't recommend the Wagon more. You don't need to be familiar with coding, to be super logical or have a 160 IQ. You only need to be friendly and open-minded!
    Attending the Wagon's course was one of the best experiences of my life and without a doubt the best learning one. I didn't only learn new skills but also a new way of thinking, autonomy and I have gained more confidence and patience. The staff is outstanding and the experience life-changing. I strongly recommend it to anyone interested in digital jobs.

• Batch #70 Paris
    - 7/20/2017
    MAURICE-MATAR WEHBE • Freelancer / entrepreuneur • Student

We all know about the fever of entrepreneurship that’s taking the world by storm.

As a multidisciplinary designer and strategic thinker, I have become an opportunist. I saw in every problem that surround me, an idea for a service, a *platform*, an app or whatever can be made and turned into a money making machine.

In today’s world everything is becoming digital driven. Learning to code is a must for everyone. Even kids are learning to code with legos!

Lacking coding skills, and finding that online courses weren’t sufficent I decided to join le Wagon Paris.

And it was the best decision of my life!

Everyday I learned a tons of things, everyday I got more and more comfortable with code. Everyday I was learning to communicate, build and collaborate with other developers. To sum it up, I acquired avant-garde skills that are on high demand in every sectors.

I can testify that in a two-month period at le Wagon, I learned much more than I did during my two-year master. The program is so well designed from its morning lectures, its all day coding practices with a buddy, its livecoding sessions and finally to its end-of-program projects, that in the end, all the pieces fall together making you are capable of coding your own website right away!

The teachers were amazing, very patient and super friendly! They have an amazing system to help you when you’re stuck with the code that will allow you to learn and reflect on your mistakes and Surprise! A lot of good cold beer to chill out your brain at the end of the day!

In the end, not only it was an amazing experience, but the adventure continues. You will become part of an alumni network where you can find ressources, ask questions or even find work.

If you want to become a developer, a piece of advice, join le Wagon, work hard play hard, build a family with your classmates and enjoy the experience!

• Neel Shah • Web design intern • Graduate

Having spent the last 17 years as a qualified management accountant I wanted to do something more creative and interesting towards the end of 2016. I had heard about how software development was experiencing a boom and there weren't enough applicants to fill vacancies.

I tried Codecademy and loved it and decided to go to a bootcamp to immerse myself in the field. But there are lots of them out there: which one to choose? After doing a bit of research online Le Wagon was the one as it was regularly rated as one of the best, not just in the country but the world. After being accepted on the course I did the prep work and the course started in April.

I didn't know what to expect and was a bit apprehensive but the staff members soon put me at ease. They really are a great support. Very knowledgeable and approachable I found they will go out of their way to help you. They make a huge difference to what I achieved. There were some great people in the class with me. A lot of them were in the same boat as me, never having coded before and we got along really well and I've made some friends for life.

The course itself is very challenging and it needs complete dedication. But it is so rewarding. At first I wondered if I was going to be able to keep up but you get used to the pace. It soon started making sense. The best bit was doing a personal project in the last 2 weeks in a team. I was in a team of 3 people and thoroughly enjoyed creating an MVP from scratch. This was real world experience that was so valuable.

It culminated with me giving a presentation at the Google campus (I've never given a presentation in-front of so people in my life) on our product and that was so much fun. The decision to switch to software development was quite easily one of the best in my life and I couldn't have chosen a better partner than Le Wagon to help me get started. Accounting is definitely in the rear view mirror!

• Give it a try
    - 7/19/2017
    Florestan Lefevre • Graduate

Having been working in a French start-up for 4 years in Canada, wearing different hats (Project/Product Manager), I wanted to fill technical gaps by learning more about coding.
    Comparing different schools in North America and Europe, I was convinced Le Wagon would offer me the best option. The learning curve seemed amazing, and they focused a lot in creating an efficient and international tech community which I wanted to be part of.
    Based on the reviews, I had high expectations about the FullStack program and all of them were exceeded.

During my time at Le Wagon, we were completely immersed in the tech environment. Since day one, you understand that this is a boosting environment and that you need to make the best of it. The tech world changes fast, and they teach you how to adapt to it. I can now fully understand how coding affects performance and where to get the information I need to keep learning.

Looking back at the 9-week-program now, I realise how much we have learned and accomplished. We were able to get a taste and use a lot of different technologies and languages, we've also got to play with APIs and build projects with other students.
    People at Le Wagon share a genuine interest in entrepreneurship, and it drives you to learn more every day. You will be mentored by teachers who are always happy to help or offer advice, and get the chance to attend diverse conferences about entrepreneurship.

• Luke Charny • Graduate

Before I started at Le Wagon I had been running a travel blog for several years. During that time, I became frustrated with my inability to add new features to the blog without relying on a developer. I also have plenty of ideas for new projects within the travel industry, but again, without the technical knowhow or serious investment, they were very difficult to get off the ground.

I stumbled onto Le Wagon coding school earlier this year and decided if I was ever going to take my ideas further I was going to need to learn to code. It happened to be one of the best training decisions I ever made. The course is intense, there is a lot of information to take in within a short space of time, but they took me from no knowledge of coding to being able to build a website in 9 weeks.

Each morning starts with a new lecture, after which you spend the rest of the day practicing those skills in well-designed exercises. The teachers and assistants were all first class. Knowledgeable, patient, and eager to help every student understand every element of the course.  The course is well structured and by the time you reach the final project in the last two weeks, each student has the ability to work on both the front and back end. Our team of four created a web application that simulated a recipe app.

This included a tinder-style swiper which learnt the ingredients you did and didn't like and offered recipes based on your tastes. Since finishing the course, I'm now working on my new project, a travel company which creates short food tours led by chefs. I'm currently writing this from Bangkok where we've created the first tour and I'm working on building the website. I really couldn't recommend this course highly enough to anyone who wants a change of career or anyone who wants to model their own ideas.

• Luciano Montezzo • Graduate
    Well, passed those 9 weeks and a couple of months after my experience on LeWagon's bootcamp, I can definitely endorse their slogan "Change your life: learn to code". At least for me, it really changed my life.

As a background, I'm a business graduated, who spent many years working on the industry as a marketing executive. From traditional marketing I moved to digital marketing and that's pretty much when I decided to quit the industry and start a career as an entrepreneur on the tech market.

By that time, I honestly wasn't aware how much the lack of technical skills would cost me. Time showed me that a idea, a vision, business knowledge, money and contacts might not be enough to build a great tech company. Yes, you can find technical partners, you can hire people, but how can you lead a business if you don't know what is under the hood?

As a stubborn entrepreneur, a couple of bad experiences wouldn't put me down... I just didn't find the right partner yet, I thought.

What about learning to code?
    Are you nuts???? Have you seen those codes, that black crazy screen, this is not for me! This is for engineers, mathematicians, scientists... I'm just a creative business guy.

But well, after struggling a bit more I heard about this bootcamp stuff and started to consider it as an option.

Not that I blindly joined it. Before signing in for this two months journey, I watched a few demodays, I cold mailed some random people that took the course and asked for feedbacks. I even went to one of their events before I made up my mind.... ok, let's go for it!

Now, the only regret I have is to have waited so long for it.

LeWagon's course, material, structure, teachers, colleagues etc, they all overcame my expectations. They really take the right path to introduce some non-technical guy like myself to programing from the basics to be able to build an actual product for the market. I do believe that Ruby on Rails is a great choice as a programing language/framework for this program, as now we can rely on a big and active community of programmers to support our progress moving on.

Today although working with programmers much more experienced than me in my team, I'm being able to lead the development of our product, understanding what are our alternatives, the best choices, while actually helping coding our next features.

As a final advice, if you are thinking about taking the LeWagon bootcamp, think no further, just go for it, I promise, you won't regret!
  • Jackson Graziano • Co-founder • Graduate

The "change your life, learn to code" headline might sound like an overstatement, but it's not. Le Wagon is allowing me to change my life and to get closer to my goals.

Programming was never a strange thing to me. I attended Engineering School, where I learned some C and Assembly. Working on financial markets for the last 11 years got me some VBA skills.

But web programming was way ahead of my understanding.

Before Le Wagon I tried to read some books, to follow some tutorials, to watch some videos. The information was so diffused that it took months to get me from zero to almost nothing. Alone and not having too much time on my hands, it was very hard to know what to read and where to focus.

When I learned about Le Wagon, I felt that it was for me.

It doesn't matter if you know some programming or if you have never seen a single line of code at all. If you feel that you would be closer to your goals if you had the ability to code a web app, you have the fit to attend Le Wagon.

The last 2 weeks of the course, when you join a team to build a real application (my team built the mvp of a headhunter marketplace), have the power to show you what you can do in real life.

The curriculum is results driven and will get you from 0 to 1 in an unbelievable short time. The teaching platform is amazing. After the 9 weeks, you'll have all the essentials to follow ahead by your own feet.

Now, after Le Wagon, I'm co-founding a energy trading company. Despite this being a more 'traditional' company (by not being part of the startup world), Le Wagon is allowing us to leverage the potential of our new company: I'm building a back office web platform - something that's not common for this kind of business.

Don't get intimidated if you don't have familiarity with coding. If you love tech and have the urge to build stuff, Le Wagon can help you.

• Miguel Jimenez • Freelance HR Consultant & Facilitator • Graduate

I came across Le Wagon in a somewhat random, unintentional way. I once had a long layover and I joined a digital entrepreneurship meet up organised by Le Wagon. When I met the team and the batch students, I immediately fell in love with their vibe. Since that moment on, the idea of signing up for Le Wagon was seeded in my mind.

I am a psychologist by training, and I have mostly worked in human resources as a consultant. Nevertheless, I have always been a technology enthusiast. I wanted to steer my career towards the tech field, either as an entrepreneur or as a consultant. In order to be effective when working with developers, I thought doing a coding bootcamp would give me the right foundation. I decided to join Le Wagon in Barcelona, and it was the perfect match for me - While the course gives you a rock-solid background in coding, the focus on agility and acquiring the skills to launch your own projects as fast as possible is always present throughout the curriculum.

What I did not expect is that Le Wagon would also spark a passion for coding. I had zero background in coding prior to the bootcamp, and I was amazed at what I was able to build in a team after only 9 weeks. The positive atmosphere, the constant challenge in combination with the attentive support of the teaching staff equipped me to become self-driven as a junior developer by the end of the process.

After finishing, I can say that Le Wagon is way more than a coding course. You will interact with a variety of highly skilled professors, you will join a community of talented people from all sorts of backgrounds, and you will have an incredible alumni network to tap into whether you are looking for a developer job, freelance opportunities or kicking off your own venture. When I look at how much I’ve learned, and the opportunities that I now have in front of me, I can only say that going through Le Wagon has been the best career-changing decision I could have taken.
    Add Comment Collap

• Mohamed Ibrahim • Student

Over the past year, I have been trying to learn how to code using online resources. Unfortunately, I was overwhelmed by the amount of topics that I needed to cover as well as the extensive documentation that was necessary for each subject. When I found out that it is really time consuming to learn on my own, I decided to look for other ways. I began searching for coding bootcamps nearby, I was impressed by the amount of skills they promised but I was skeptical as well. The first website I came across was Switchup which ranked different bootcamps by order. Le Wagon was ranked first and it had positive reviews all around. It caught my attention and I decided to find out more. I went on their website and I started watching the previous demo days, watching these videos is what made Le Wagon stand out for me. It was proof of what people where able to achieve at the end of the bootcamp. I decided to apply, and when I saw that they had a program in Barcelona, I was instantly hooked, I had always wanted to go to Spain and this was the perfect opportunity.

On the first day of the bootcamp, I was really nervous about my decision, moving to a new city, being stuck with the same people for 9 weeks, I just didn’t know if it was all worth it. However, after the first week, I was convinced. We had learned so much in the first 5 days that made me know for sure that I had made the right decision. If you have doubts about doing Le Wagon, Just go for it. There is so much to learn and many experiences to be had. Le wagon is a lot more than just coding, it is about community, travel, entrepreneurship, teamwork, product development, project management, etc… You learn a variety of skills that together make you standout when applying for your next job. It opens your eyes to the tech world and gives you the necessary skills to succeed in it. Along the way, you make sincere friendships with likeminded people that can expand your networks and help you find professional opportunities.

The program itself is well structured and organized. The first half is divided into two major sections, you first learn the fundamental skills of a backend programmer, and then you learn the frontend. The second half is about putting it all together and creating different products. The last two weeks are by far the most challenging, but definitely the most rewarding. You team up with different students and create your own products from beginning to end. Reaching the end of the bootcamp is the toughest part. Everyone was emotional on the last day and it was very hard to say good bye. However, we were all looking forward for what we have to come and ready to take on new challenges. It is truly as they advertise: learn to code, change your life.

• lauren • Student

Because of Le Wagon, I am a confident coder. Leaving Barcelona and Le Wagon was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. If you are on the fence about doing this course, I can only say that you will not regret it one bit. You will learn coding and how to work with a variety of different people, which are skills you can use for years to come.

I was sitting in my computer science class one day when my teacher started talking about studying abroad. Immediately I texted my dad about the two-week trip my teacher discussed during class. He shot that idea down saying it looked more like a vacation than real education and told me he would, however, be open to a coding boot camp. I didn’t even know coding boot camps existed so I Googled “best coding boot camps” and Le Wagon popped up near the top of the list. I was interested in traveling abroad and the Le Wagon hit both items on the check list (coding and international travel).

I was very nervous before our first Le Wagon Lecture.  My roommate Courtney and I tripled checked our backpacks because we were so nervous. When we walked into class we were greeted by all the teachers who were very friendly and by Gus who we knew from our interviews. After our first lecture, we dove right into our coding challenge and it was go, go, go for the next nine weeks.

The Le Wagon teachers are not only great coders, but are also great people. They made us feel welcome from day one and were also nice enough to meet up with us after class either to help us with coding or simply to grab a beer and talk about how the day went. The thing I’ll miss most about the experience is going out with the other students after class. We loved going to Placa del Sol, drinking beers and eating patatas bravas, and talking about how the day went.

Their slogan “learn to code change your life” says it all and is true. Whether you’re going to be a coder after boot camp, going back to school, or going back to your old job, this experience was really life changing. In nine weeks I got to work with 23 different people from all kinds of different backgrounds, and for me that was something special. I made friendships that I’m sure will last a lifetime.

• Achille Miklitarian • Freelance Developer • Graduate

I love my two months at Le Wagon Paris learning how to code from scratch. There are two main reasons for that:

- The training is great, the teacher are operational and provide pragmatic advice. So it is super effective to learn in only 9 weeks there.

- It is a lot about people there, the human experience is unique.

To discover more, I encourage you to have a look at the article I wrote on the subject (it is just a 3 min read)

• Ellyn Bouscasse • Graduate

I am passionate to learn and create, and studied business in University.  I travelled around the world to discover the spectrum of culture and ways of life.  In all my travels and past projects I always found a ‘golden door’ that gave me access to a new world of knowledge, people and experiences: Languages.

After my travels I settled in Amsterdam with two primary drivers in mind: technology and sustainability.  I had enrolled in classes online (MOOC) related to these two subjects as well as Blockchain.  By diving into Blockchain I realised how powerful technology can be used for positive and sustainable change in business and the broader world.  I became aware of how coding is the universal language of our digital world: so I decided I must learn.

I started looking for a coding school and chose le Wagon in Amsterdam for its reputation, the community and its entrepreneurial mindset.

Teachers and teacher assistants are highly motivated to share their knowledge and competencies. The pedagogy is well driven and allows you to be part of the beautiful world of developers, entrepreneurs and change-makers.

For the final project, we built a chatbot that enables citizens to report a problem or suggest an idea within your own city. Our startup - Citydotzen (http://citydotzen.com) - got selected by the incubator program “Startup in Residence” driven by the province North Holland. Over the next 6 months we will grow our chatbot and develop our startup.

• Awesome Bootcamp
    - 7/2/2017
    Germain LORET • Graduate

Before entering Le Wagon, I worked as a marketing manager for an e-commerce website for 3 years. It was a first approach of the web world to me, but I wanted to go further and learn how to code.

Le Wagon allowed me to learn how to make a website without having to re-enter the studying system for several years. I learned the basis of HTML, CSS, jQuery, SQL, Ruby, Ruby and Rails, etc. But the bootcamp is not just about learning several languages one after another, it's all about understanding the structure of a modern website and choosing the good language to do the right thing. Le Wagon also gives us the tips to learn by ourselves other programming languages and the best practices to build up a web application.

It really loved that experience and it gave me the will to be a good developer. I am currently learning how to use Vanilla JS by myself with a friend/co-worker I met at Le Wagon, and we are going to learn React JS right after. I'm also looking for freelance opportunities as a developer. Le Wagon's former students network should allow me to find good chances quite quickly.

• Game changer
    - 7/2/2017
    Quentin Casaubon • Graduate

I have this basic theory on a job that after 6 months you know what you are doing, if you don’t have the opportunity to learn new things in your job, considered it over. So after a business school in Paris and more than a year in a US firm, I chose to quit in order to fulfill the need to learn new things and also, actually build stuff.

I had the chance to be part of the creation of a startup in my studies, all those web principles that you may have heard of, but that you don’t study in Business school, such as MVP, prototyping, UX/UI and of course web development. Those concepts are well-documented on the internet if you wanna get a deep dive into it, but I don’t think you will really understand them until you actually use it in a practical way. This experience was intellectually insane for me, I wanted to know more and also get my hands in the code.

This is what Le Wagon teaches you, a practical approach to build stuff, from the idea to its launch, as well as an overwhelming web knowledge.

The overall experience is life-changing. I was part of the Batch#48 in Paris, not only that Le Wagon team is inspiring, welcoming and knowledgeable, you also learn to code with dynamic and motivated classmates, people who are truly dedicated to learn which makes the bootcamp truly enjoyable.

I would recommend it anytime.

• Constantin Ehrlich-Adam • Graduate

To start with, the bootcamp was definitely worth it. If you would have asked me at the start what I believe I would be able to do at the end, I would by far not have believed I would have learnt that much.

Before starting the course, I studied Mechanical Engineering, therefore the logic based thinking and even programming was nothing I was completely new to. Still, it is a different world of programming when one is at university. At Le Wagon, I thought the teaching was very product oriented. It gives the lectures and exercises a purpose and a motivation to learn and code for multiple hours 5 days a week for 9 weeks straight. Thinking back, I cannot believe having spent that much time at a computer day in day out and I still enjoyed it.

Le Wagon in Lisbon also gives you a whole environment within the startup scene, where you feel like you are part of the dynamic. Regular talks with StartUp CEOs, CTOs or Founders encourage you to pursue your own idea, to put effort into something that probably is out of your comfort zone. Le Wagon also is a network of people that are ready to help each other, give advice and valuable feedback.

The group of students of the batch for me one of the most important factors of the course. Everyone comes from a different background, a different country or a different stage in their lives. Though one thing they all had in common was the thrill and enthusiasm to learn something new and get out of their comfort zone. So we might have been very different people but we had a strong common point. This lead to regular dinner parties, weekends at the beach or just a good after work beer. The atmosphere and the support within the batch is one key element that drives you through these intense 9 weeks.

Even though I am going back to study and will not straight jump into the developer's world, it was one of the best decisions of my gap year. It opened a new world of possibilities for me, it set the path for a never ending learning process in programming and all its various fields and it gave me an immense jump forward.

• Le Wagon Lisbon
    - 6/27/2017
    Mariana Santos • CEO and Founder • Student

I loved this bootcamp! I learn from zero to enought to make me do my own app by myself. It was really really intensive 9 weeks, but it was really worth it. Making it in Lisbon gave me even an extra good vibe as the city is turning into the hotspot for startups from all over the world, so having this ecosystem coming to visit our bootcamp each week, made some students get a job half way throught the bootcamp. Really recommend! It is worth each day and each penny I've invested.

• ADOPTED !
    - 6/15/2017
    Louise Devilder • Student

I’ve just finished the Batch # 67 of the Wagon Bordeaux. I have only one word to say: THANK YOU! That an incredible professional and human adventure. It is intense and so rewarding. We are a new person, with technical skills that we could never have acquired otherwise. It’s crazy that to know what ve have in our hands. It's pretty incredible how strong you feel with these tools. The Ruby language is truly hyper well designed so it can be adopted very quickly. For me, the Wagon allowed me to see more clearly what I really wanted to do in life. And I discovered a world that I particularly love. Our final training projects show us how much we learned during the previous weeks. To apply all notions is really satisfactory. We do not realize what we can do.
    I can only tell you one thing, go ahead! Of course, there is a lot of work, the bootcamp is intense, but you will come out stronger. The team is top, listening, professional. The atmosphere is always cool !
    Do not hesitate to exchange with alumni of the Wagon for their feedback and to go to the Demo Day ! So, let’s Happy Hacking! :wink:

• Lionel • Front End Developper • Graduate

My name is Lionel and I'm from Belgium. I'm a 3D Graphic Designer but I've always been interested about Web Development, especially Web Design. I'll give you some life context so that you can understand why Le Wagon was such a game changer for me !

After my studies, I worked few years in Belgium as a graphic designer but then I decided to leave my comfort zone and travel the world. I've been to Australia, New Zealand, and Asia during more than a year, working as a freelancer to carry on my trip. During my studies, I gained a set of skills combining rigour, technique, and creativity but something was missing : coding.
    I knew le Wagon for a while but I was working and was busy on some projects, so not able to apply for the bootcamp while I was in Europe. But when I was in Indonesia, I received my canadian visa and at the same time I heard Le Wagon will do his first batch in Montreal in February 2017. It was a sign and the perfect timing so I told myself, LET'S DO THIS ! My only regret ? I didn't apply earlier !!!

It was an amazing experience and I'm still in touch with most of my classmates and teachers. Le Wagon is not only an amazing community, it's also a family. After Le Wagon, with one of my classmates, we've decided to work as freelance Web Developers during our freetime and after only 3 weeks I found a job in a great startup as a Front-End Developer ! Plus, I'm also now a Teacher Assistant for the next batch and will do my best to give the students the best experience possible, as I got.

Honestly, I'm really impressed by what we learned in just 9 weeks and I'm so glad I did it because I can now combine my graphic design skills with web development. So don't hesitate guys, it's 200% worth it and you won't regret it for sure.

• Mike Simmonds • Graduate

I studied at Le Wagon in Amsterdam - A beautiful city and a vibrant group of genuinely interesting individuals!

After working as a picture framer for around 7 years, I was looking for a change. I had built a website for the company that I was working for and really enjoyed the process. I started doing a few more (mainly wordpress) sites for charities and small business’ and I realised that maybe this was the career change I was looking for.
    I taught myself in the evenings and at the weekend using online resources and was really enjoying it. I learned a lot but after a few months I felt like I was going in circles and had reached the limit of online learning.
    This is where the decision to join a bootcamp came. I looked at a broad range of bootcamps, each with different structures and learning styles.
    I chose Le Wagon for a number of reasons. I really liked the fact that all of the learning resources were available after the bootcamp ended. This was also very helpful when I unexpectedly had to miss 2 days of the bootcamp. I could read the lectures and keep up with the rest of the class. I also liked the way that the bootcamp had a strong social group. I now feel I have a strong group of like-minded developers who can help me when I get stuck.
    The bootcamp was hard work, especially as I had to travel into Amsterdam each day. It was however worth every minute and I’m really glad I made the decision to take part -- I’m now confident and ready to become a junior Ruby developer!

• Erin • Graduate

If you can see from the other reviews, Le Wagon gets high marks as a programming bootcamp. It has a well-designed, rigorous curriculum that does a great job starting you at A (almost no knowledge of programming) and getting you to Z (being an autonomous developer that can build applications). The teachers and TAs were knowledgeable, supportive and great teachers. The bootcamp is absolutely worth the price. It has made me an autonomous software developer, which is exactly what I was looking for - of course, I have plenty more to learn but I have no problem digging into documentation that would've intimidated me before.

About Barcelona in particular, I couldn't have made a better choice of location. Seriously, if you decide to go with Le Wagon, do it in Barcelona. The batch had an amazing group of people that you rarely find in one place - different nationalities who had all lived abroad and developed the open-mindedness and maturity that comes with that. When the bootcamp ended, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we experienced "Le Wagon withdrawal". This was not linked to the program and curriculum (as great as it was) but the sense of community that developed during the Barcelona batch.