Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo

Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course, and in 2 months students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. The bootcamp focuses on bringing coding skill to creatives and entrepreneurs with the ambition to build their own MVP and/or challenge their future dev team.

• Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
    Start Date January 5, 2020
    LocationMadrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
    Tuition PlansPayment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
    Prep WorkRuby track on CodeCademy
    April 13, 2020 - Bali
    February 10, 2020 - Shanghai

• Christophe  User Photo
    Christophe • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I'm an engineering student, finishing my degree. I love tech and had a little experience with code before. Le Wagon was the best choice to jump deep in this world, as I wanted to turn more digital. It was an awesome decision that I'm really happy now to have pursued. I feel ready for a job as a developer, product owner, and more. I had big expectations, and they were surpassed. Amazing how fast we can learn and the environment is just amazing! I miss it so much already. It made the experience really unique. I loved meeting people with different backgrounds and coming from different places, but with the same goal: dive into code! #Rio 230

• Game changer
    - 7/17/2019
    Simon Abehsera  User Photo
    Simon Abehsera • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Le Wagon is so far the best choice I've made. Before this amazing bootcamp, I was part of the investment team of a deep tech VC. I was very frustrated to do not clearly understand many technologies, like software or developer-related tech. During these intensive but incredible 9 weeks, I learnt how to build a website from scratch (the back-end, the database architecture and the design) as well as few important notions of product management. The program is perfectly structured, allowing you to meet a lot of people from diverse backgrounds.

It will now allow me to apply to tech-oriented companies as a developer or even a product manager

Trust the process! I strongly recommend it.

• Javier  User Photo
    Javier • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Coming from a business background, I always was interested in 'how' the products we would use were built. I was intrigued enough to start learning through online platforms such as Codecademy and freeCodeCamp. After some months of practice, I reached a plateau and realized I needed help in taking my skills to the next level. I knew of Le Wagon because of their community involvement where I live, so I decided to take the chance and quit my job to dedicate 100% to this new challenge. It turned out to be a great and intensive experience where I learnt million things I never expected to. You have to keep up with the fast pace, but the teachers, the team and the supportive culture make the best of your capacities. On the technical side, you get life-access to their platform with continuous improvement of content and tools. But, also you get to learn soft skills such as presentation, communication and team work. I highly recommend Le Wagon bootcamp to anyone wanting to switch careers into web dev, but also for product management or freelancing. The curriculum is solid, the team is great and super friendly, and the experience is empowering and life-changing. Only tip I can give: do your prep work several times if needed, until you master the concepts. Have fun, take it seriously and commit 100% of your soul, and your life won't be the same afterwards. Sky is the limit!

• Nicolas Martin  User Photo
    Nicolas Martin • CTO • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Le Wagon is the perfect place to go to if you want to change your career path towards tech environment.

I'm a former strategy consultant, data-passionate and with an engineering background. I always had this frustration of not being able to code by myself because I lacked time, it wasn't the focus of my previous jobs or I didn't know from where to start to learn coding.
    6 months ago, I left my job with the desire to launch my own company in data analytics. I joined last batch of le Wagon from April to June in Paris in order to 1) learn to code, gain tech skills, 2) meet new people and 3) launch my entrepreneur career.

1. Learning to code: it's an intensive 9 weeks-program, where every day is a new concept, a new jump within your coding knowledge. In 9 weeks, you'll know exactly how to use Ruby and Rails framework, the backbone of your coding skills. Then, you'll see efficiently every potential feature you could be implementing in a web site (building APIs, mailing, search engine etc.). What makes the program incredible: staff excellence and an exceptional e-learning platform which aggregates learning documents with last best practices you'll keep for life.
    2. Meeting new people: Le Wagon is an intensive program for each individual. However, you're not alone, 30-40 peers will share same issues with you. Peer-programming and team-programming is also what makes the program so close from company-life conditions. Also, people's background diversity opens up your mind to new ideas or different technology point of views.
    3. Launching my entrepreneur career: on top of the program, Le Wagon is an extraordinary community of alumni. More than 5,000 alumni from around the world are always here to help other wagoners with their company ideas, career choices or coding issues. I personally found there a great community to discuss with. On tech feasibility of some of my startup ideas or contacts to make your idea grow until it gets done. Finally, I joined a young startup in data analytics from Le Wagon environment.

In few words, Le Wagon is the best choice I could make for my entrepreneur career. If you're passionate about tech, don't hesitate, it worths the investment in time and money.

• Nils Sutter  User Photo
    Nils Sutter • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

So at the end of my classical business administration degree I felt lost. I majored in finance and accounting and after I did an internship in auditing I knew that this was not for me. When my college program came to an end, I fortunately had the opportunity to do an internship in product management. However, just collaborating with developers was not enough for me, even though that was a very enjoyable experience - I wanted to learn to build stuff myself!
    I talked to a lot of people and the overall message I got was: "If you really want to learn as much as possible and be employable after just a couple of months, you should consider a coding bootcamp".

So I started looking into coding bootcamps and as it turned out, Le Wagon was the best rated coding bootcamp I could find. In the beginning, I was pretty skeptical since I usually dont trust products, that almost have no bad reviews. I started looking deeper into it (curriculum, demo days, former students on linkedin) and as it turned out, a lot of people were really able to transition into tech afterwards even though they had no traditional tech background!

So I applied, had the interview, and got accepted. The following 9 weeks were nothing but amazing. Each day, we had an interactive lecture followed by coding challenges which deepened the knowledge and also helped in getting to know the other students. Thanks to the buddy system, you always have the opportunity to ask questions to another student or explain concepts if you feel like you really understood it. There are also a lot of incredibly competent Teaching Assistants who make sure that you won't be stuck for too long. Each day subsequently ended with an interactive livecode session in which one student would go upfront and showcase his solution to some new coding problem. Furthermore, Le Wagon did a very good job in making sure that all the students get to know each other by hosting a lot of very cool and interesting events.

The most fulfilling experience were the last 3 weeks in which we built 2 products in a 3-4 member team. Going through the first incredibly draining and ultimately joyful 6 weeks finally came together in building something by ourselves which we would ultimately showcase in front of all the people on demoday (definetly check out some former events on youtube or go visit one yourself!)

If you really want to acquire the necessary skills to build something yourself and be employable as a junior dev, I'd 100% recommend doing LeWagon. Its teachers, people and curriculum are incredible and the environment is something you'll have benefits from and can contribute to forever.

• Life changer
    - 7/16/2019
    Tecia  User Photo
    Tecia • Junior web-developer • Student Verified via GitHub

When I decided to do a bootcamp I carefully researched all the options available in my area, read the reviews in multiple channels, visited and interviewed all of them face to face. I was initially very suspicious about the lack of negative reviews for Le Wagon. Their review rate was too high and it all seemed too good to be true. Now, one month after the end of the bootcamp, I have to admit that there isn’t much that I can say about it that has not been already said. All those reviews were real: the experience is truly amazing. Here are some things that stand out for me:
       One of the high points of LW is, in my opinion, the didactic material. As someone with qualification and experience in teaching and in creating/analyzing didactic material, I was impressed by Le Wagon’s methodology and by the quality and variety of materials.
        The work and the program is hard and very intense, but the days are very dynamic and divided into lessons and exercises. We had a lot of support from teachers and assistants along the day. Also from classmates, because the atmosphere is really good and people are encouraged to help each other. The buddy system they use makes a lot of difference on the study flow.
        Another great thing is the community. This is something that I did not considered important in the beginning and that turned out to be extremely valuable. There are many slack channels for Le Wagon alumni and so many people who are there to help you debug your code, find a job, solve doubts and provide input about anything related to coding. Le Wagon also offers one to one support preparing your CV, finding a job, connecting to people, etc. The teachers and assistants also treat you as an equal, and made themselves available for us to contact them off hours and after the bootcamp for anything we needed, which I thought was something special. Also, former students are always welcome to visit the office and take part on activities, so you get to not only keep in touch with your classmates but also to meet former students, learn from their experiences and grow your network. I wish I could end this review without falling into this cliche, but there is no other way of describing Le Wagon’s community if not as a family.

• Game Changer
    - 7/16/2019
    Maarten  User Photo
    Maarten • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I'm currently in my last year of my studies, mediatechnology. During this studies we are trained to prototype and idea into a design and then make a Minimal vialble product of this idea. During my studies i learned a lot of different programming languages but never really got a real expert profound knowladge of the programming language.

I'm currently in my last year of my studies, media-technology. During this study we are trained to prototype and idea into a design and then make a Minimal viable product of this idea. During my studies I learned a lot of different programming languages but never really got a profound knowledge of the programming language. For my bachelor thesis I have to build an MVP for a company. To be more confident in programming I decided to take the Le Wagon bootcamp to improve and be more consistent in my programming.

I started the course quite confident as I already had some programming knowledge and was overwhelmed with the fast pace of the bootcamp. Event with my knowledge the bootcamp was really challenging. I never learned so much in a day, let stand in nine weeks!

Because of the pair programming you learn how to explain your code to people and you learn to ask for help if you do not know how to solve the problem. During the bootcamp you learn all the basics and also learn how to write clean and good code. This is something I haven’t learned during my studies and is something companies really like to see. I can recommend this course to anybody who wants to start a career as a developer or wants to know what is takes to become a developer.

Even if you have some programming knowledge this bootcamp will help you with working in teams, developing a design and pushing it to the market. It is also great course for people who want to build a software product and build their own start-up.

• Michael Lauritsch  User Photo
    Michael Lauritsch • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before the bootcamp I was working as a Client Support Specialist at a financial company in New York City.  I worked with many developers to get their machines up and running but was never one to code.  After taking the bootcamp in Bali, it really made me feel like I can take on any task possible.  You go from not knowing a single line of code to building a full working web application in just 9 weeks.  Le Wagon gives you all the skills, network and support you need to make a pivot in your career and focus on what’s best for you !

• Lovagon
    - 7/14/2019
    maya  User Photo
    maya • Graduate Verified via GitHub

An amazing experience that opened me to a new world and showed me how much i love coding. amazing people and staff. My favorite parts were the daily challenges, CRUD and MVC, CSS and the 2-day projects

• Björn Müllenmeister  User Photo
    Björn Müllenmeister • Associate PwC Germany • Graduate Verified via GitHub

After years in the military and studies in business law, I wanted to dedicate myself to coding before starting my career in auditing. I have always been interested in coding and have tried to teach myself before, unfortunately unsuccessfully. Also for my current job it is an advantage, because many processes are automated further and further by programs and I have developed a certain understanding for it.

Because of the reviews and the nice conversation with Rich, the driver, I chose Le Wagon. Le Wagon seemed to have good teaching staff, a central location and a damn good concept. The mix in the group should always be very international. Everything proved to be true and was even surpassed.

I would especially like to emphasize the learning platform of Le Wagon. I have attended a lot of courses in my military career and during my studies. But I have never experienced an effectiveness like this learning platform before. From simple to difficult, test programs to check or improve your code, additional tasks for faster understanding students, buddy or group work to encourage collaboration. And as icing on the cake, qualified and friendly teachers who make sure that you don't get lost.

Conclusion: I can fully recommend Le Wagon. I learned a lot, had a great time in Berlin with great people and will always remember it positively. I will stick to coding, even if only in my spare time and out of interest. Nevertheless, it has greatly helped my understanding of the use and improvement of programs at work. Thank you, Le Wagon!

• Dan A  User Photo
    Dan A • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My experience at Le Wagon was amazing. I learn a lot and i will recommend it. The staff was very good! Always here for help and it was a pleasure to did Le Wagon at Tel Aviv. To learn with buddy. It was interesting to learn with someone and not a teacher directly when i couldn't solve exercise.

• Guillaume  User Photo
    Guillaume • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

After 4 years as a Marketing and Communication Manager for a group specialized in Arts and Crafts, I wanted to fully embrace the digital side that I had experienced in my previous job by going into the tech industry for my next move.

I applied to several big tech companies and despite good feedbacks, my lack of experience in this field was always my Achilles’ heel.

As I had already heard about Le Wagon bootcamp and was tempted by it, this was the last and ultimate reason that pushed me to follow this track and I have zero regret about it.

The fantastic pedagogic track of Le Wagon gave me the knowledge, the experience and the network to apply for Product Owner / Manager positions afterwards.

Working on concrete cases, learning by doing, with a group of 40 marvelous people and staff was an amazing experience that has been concluded two weeks after the end of the bootcamp with a promise of employment by a big promising tech company.

I could not recommend more Le Wagon bootcamp.

• Guillaume Laganier  User Photo
    Guillaume Laganier • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I attended Le Wagon fullstack bootcamp in Paris, from january to march 2019. Before that, I've always been in an IT environment. I mainly worked as a digital transformation consultant for energy and banking companies, and even if I did not have a technical role, I had the frustration of :

- not being able to challenge some deadlines or have a better opinion about the technical feasability of a transformation project,

- use web apps every day and not being able to understand how it really works,

- being 100% dependent of someone with a technical background if I wanted to materialize an idea.

That's why I always wanted to learn about coding. I tried on internet by myself at first, but it was too theoretical and I needed a "learning frame". So I made inquiries and heard about bootcamps. I found out that some former colleagues attended Le Wagon, I spoke witht hem about their learning experience there, and I then was convinced that it was what I needed to do.

And the least I can say is that I don't regret it. In 9 weeks, I wasn't bored 1 minute, everything we learned was concrete and practical, and I trully appreaciated to see all the blocks of knowledge interlock to be able to create web apps.

The teachers & teachers assistants pedagogy was perfect, the exercices to do in pairs was an excellent learning trick, and the last 1/3 of the bootcamp where we had to develop apps in groups of 4 made my brain boiling (positively).

And the last but not least ingredient to this 5 stars rating, was the atmosphere during the bootcamp. It was awesome for 2 reasons :

- the Le Wagon crew was very welcoming, and always did their best to create these great atmosphere with many side events and a positive culture,

- the other students and alumnis I met, with very diverse backgrounds and ages, but the same strong motivation to learn, was a deep breath of fresh air to me.

If you're willing to learn coding in few weeks, I strongly recommand this bootcamp.

• Rei  User Photo
    Rei • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I attended Le Wagon Tokyo Full Stack Coding bootcamp from April to June 2019. Overall experience I had was far beyond my expectation.

In Tokyo, there are only two Full Stack Coding bootcamp programs provided in English (as far as I could find), and Le Wagon in one of them. As my goal is to work as a software engineer in multinational companies, I was looking for a coding bootcamp where I could learn coding in English, and I found Le Wagon. In my batch, we had 16 students from 12 countries. Only two Japanese including myself. It was truly international environment.

Overall curriculum is very well structured. Lecturers / TAs are energetic and very supportive. I rarely got bored during the lectures. Coding challenges are carefully designed. It starts from easy one and gets more difficult. To solve the difficult one, I had to google by myself to get more info or ask proper questions to my TA. It helped improve my search skills and skills to ask proper questions (which would be very important skills at the actual work place). Group projects helped improve my ability to collaborate with others. This is something I could not have learnt by myself if I hadn’t taken this program.

Before taking this bootcamp, I did some self-learning with online coding site and books, but the level of understanding was much shallower. Through this bootcamp, I was able to gain a strong confidence in coding.

This program requires full commitment. Each day starts at 9am and finishes at 6:30 - 7pm. To catch up with the curriculum, I had to spend 1 - 2 extra hours at home each night. It was not easy 9 weeks for me, but the reward was great. I would highly recommend this program if you really want to learn coding and build something by yourself.

• Gaël Tims   User Photo
    Gaël Tims • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Sometimes educational experiences do not live up to their expectations. The 9 week fullstack programme at Le Wagon felt like the complete opposite for me, it was an amazing experience that far surpassed any expectations I had set for it. After having studied Business Entrepreneurship for a year and a half, I continuously kept hitting the same barrier: not being able to build & properly understand digital products. With the global trend of digital transition for all businesses, knowing how to code isn't just a valuable skill anymore, it's a mandatory skill.

My biggest question was - where do I actually start? I had tried Udemy, Codeacademy, and countless youtube tutorials to get an understanding of basic HTML/CSS/JS, but I could never take it any further than being able to code basic landing pages. The bootcamp at Le Wagon was the perfect programme to take a deeper (but crucially: guided) dive, and to properly learn the basics of programming in 9 weeks. If you have a desire to learn how to code, but don't quite have the independence to do it all yourself, Le Wagon is a perfect environment help you start your journey.

The pace of the course is fast, but the steep learning curve is brilliantly supported. The combination of very high quality lectures from industry professionals, to multiple exciting and challenging coding challenges everyday ensures that my experience of the 9 weeks was nothing short of life changing! The lecturers, TA's and all the other staff were wonderful to work with, and everyone is commited to making sure you learn as efficiently as your brain can manage. Though you won't be an expert developer at the end of a 9 week bootcamp, Le Wagon teaches you crucial knowledge and techniques to kick of your journey as a developer. By teaching us Ruby on Rails, CSS, HTML, ES6, Ruby, MVC, OOP, DB structures & sql (postgreSQL), I feel like I have a solid foundation on which to continue learning. Crucially, I now have all the right tools (and mindset) to learn new languages/frameworks which pique my interest.

The last project weeks allow you to build and deploy a real webapp, and discover what it's like to collaborate in a development team (using Github & proper tools to assign work/tasks/user stories). This is a perfect taster & preparation for starting a career as a junior developer, or stepping into product management (with a strong foundation in technical knowledge).

All in all, a 9 week bootcamp has given me knowledge, tools, understanding and a very strong foundation from which to continue learning. Perhaps even more importantly, it's given me access to the incredible Le Wagon network. A worldwide community of everything from developers to product managers to artists willing to collaborate, foster new connections, introduce you to companies, teach you, etc.

If I had to take the decision again, I would choose for Le Wagon every time.

• Leo Chan  User Photo
    Leo Chan • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Previously I worked in foreign exchange trading for 20 years for various banks and decided it was time to take a career break to reassess my next step.  Finance had been becoming more and more technology oriented, and the writing was on the wall.  I took the opportunity to attend Le Wagon Bali to up skill for the future from a career perspective, and at the same time arm myself with the ability to set my own future path.

The course definitely met my expectations.  The learning system is well structured and the online system is great, with lifetime access to all the resources of the course available to alumni.  It is an intense course, which pushes you to continually challenge yourself to your limits, which is the best way to learn.  The focus is on practical coding, working with others and in teams, as well as live coding exercises, and project work.

Above all, we were in Bali, which meant that not only was it an awesome location, but everyone who attended that course were extremely  motivated people who made that extra effort to be there and wanted to make a real change to their lives.  This, I would argue made it a much better experience, as you were working with, and had the encouragement of very driven people.  We definitely worked hard and played hard.  Last but not least, the management team and the tutoring team made it all the more a great experience.

I would definitely recommend this course for anyone who is interested in coding or has some experience.  Forget the online courses as nothing can replace real hands on coding experience in a taught classroom environment.  Your learning is accelerated and you will learn a lot more advanced concepts all within 9 weeks.  By the time you finish you will be able to code your own startup MVP.

• Diego Armando Ulibarri Hernández  User Photo
    Diego Armando Ulibarri Hernández • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Hello, everyone, I’m Diego Ulibarri a 19-year-old Mexican student that went to Le Wagon Montreal and I would like to share my experience.

I would like to start telling you why I choose Le Wagon Montreal, Before enter Le Wagon I was studying Industrial Engineering in a University in Mexico I really didn’t enjoy the subjects I was seeing in the school so I left, in the meantime when I was trying to decide what I was going to do with my life my mom told me about Le Wagon a intensive programming boot camp, I really like the idea so I start searching all the options before deciding, and the reason of why I choose Le Wagon is for all the places it offers to take the boot camp and for the reviews of the people.

I know that an intensive programming boot camp can sound scary and for me it was the same, when I arrive Montreal I was an 18-year-old boy who traveled alone to a country that I did not know for the first time where they speak French, which I do not speak (although the course in Montréal was in EN). I’m not going to lie: at the beginning it was hard you have to go to the boot camp for approximately 10 hours a day, and at the end of the day, your brain hearts a lot because of all the information you learn that day. But I can say is all worth it, and after the first week, you get used to the routine.

So I can say that my experience in Le Wagon was amazing, on the one hand, you learn a lot of programming in a very small period of time, and on the other you know a lot of people with different background, ages and opinions, so I will highly recommend entering Le Wagon the experience is unforgettable.

• Alan  User Photo
    Alan • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Initially I was unsure about joining a bootcamp. I was worried it would be too much money for not enough value. When I found Le Wagon, not only were they prices very low (compared to programs in the States) their curriculum was very streamlined. After attending the program I can safely say they did not disappoint.

The program is structured so that you can get as much or as little help as you want. If you feel really solid on a subject you can push ahead work through extra challenges or projects. If you're struggling a bit, there are teaching assistants, classmates, alumni, slack channels, and teachers to help you.

Apart from it being a great learning environment the material is focused on teaching you everything you need to know to be a full-stack dev and then giving you the resources to continue to learn. The teachers at Le Wagon are attentive and really understand how to help you through the program since most of them attended the course at some point. Lastly, the community that you gain after the program is invaluable. To this day if I am stuck on a particular problem or error, I can just reach out to one of the 5000+ alumni scattered around the world and I'll be able to get help.

Could not recommend this program more.

• Guillaume Grassiant  User Photo
    Guillaume Grassiant • Junior Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    While working in the digital sphere for a few years as a project/product manager, I fell in love with what developers could do. However, I did not feel confident enough to learn how to code by myself. After a few tries at online tutorials on Udemy or Treehouse, I was starting to understand what the reality of the developers on my team was and it got me even more interested in the subject. I decided to take the leap of faith and signed up for Le Wagon Montreal. It was a great decision and an amazing experience. I dedicated, of course, a lot of hours to it, sometimes 12-14 hours a day, even weekends but I never felt like it was a chore or I was left behind. The way you learn and the way they teach make you progress every day. You gain so many soft skills with the buddy system and hard skills through the learning platform over the course of the experience that, even though you are indeed a junior when you graduate, you are already a very sought after profile for companies. I highly recommend Le Wagon bootcamp but I would also advise new students to make sure they did the prep work beforehand and also that they are committed to investing themselves in the experience. It's a guaranteed return on investment if they do so!
  • Trouni  User Photo
    Trouni • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I am an entrepreneur with an engineering background, but although I've always been interested by the work done by our developers, I was never really on the technical side of the business. I worked on multiple tech and non-tech startups before Le Wagon and after a couple years in an E-commerce startup, I knew that I wanted to come back to something more technical.

I had a basic knowledge of programmation from school and pet projects, but I never actually built software. I always wanted to learn to code properly but never got around to actually doing it (went through one or two short-lived attempts). I was familiar with the basic concepts of programmation (variables, if statements, for loops, etc.) and I could even tweak some simple lines of PHP code from our WordPress websites, but I had no clue as to how to actually build a software application when I decided to join Le Wagon.

I love maths, science, and already had a solid engineering background, some basic notions of coding + HTML/CSS, so I was wondering how much I would actually end up learning from the bootcamp, since it was designed for people with absolutely no experience in mind. I can happily say that the curriculum, pace and experience were absolutely perfect for me. I was impressed at how the curriculum could cater for such a wide range of profiles and backgrounds. The optional exercises proved to be challenging, but also fun and instructive. The structure and flow of the lectures made so much sense, and the teachers were so focused and clear that I would easily fool myself into thinking that I had mastered the subject from that lecture alone... But thankfully the daily challenges would actually bring me back to reality while helping me cement the very dense knowledge that is being teached throughout the 9-weeks program.

The curriculum seemed to be very up-to-date (we were notified of recent changes in the curriculum to adapt to the most recent realities of the programming world) and extremely sharp. The density of the content is quite impressive, but again, it makes so much sense that by the last third of the program, everything was falling right into place.

The instructors were extremely friendly and competent, and I was impressed by their dedication and involvement in making sure that everyone could follow and make the most of the program.

I wasn't looking for a job per say, but there was lots of advice regarding the best ways to put yourself out there to find a job, the program was built around projects which could be used to build a portfolio (the teachers were also remotely providing assistance to help us build said portfolio to showcase our work after the bootcamp). They also opened their address book and arranged meetings with companies, recruiters, etc. during the program.

I feel extremely empowered with my new acquired skills and I can't recommend Le Wagon enough, to complete beginners as well as engineers who have only basic knowledge of programmation from school and who want to learn how to build and deploy and full-fledged web application. Even if you are capable of learning coding on your own, the program structure and tools at your disposal at Le Wagon makes it incredibly more efficient, fun and gratifying.

• Paulo D'Alberti  User Photo
    Paulo D'Alberti • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I've been trying to learn coding on my own for years to no avail - picking up apps like Codecademy, Sololearn, Grasshopper (and others long forgotten), some books, videos on youtube... No matter the tool, I always ended up just doing the exercises without really understanding what they were for, or how could I make use of this in a concrete application... or what a concrete application would even be!

So one day I found myself talking with my family and listing what I felt I needed to really learn to code:

• lessons/theory on the key concepts with concrete examples
    • exercises that reinforce what I've learnt
    • a teacher whom to ask for help when a concept is not clear or I am stuck with an exercise
    • a stable and consistent period of time to learn (not like first day 1 hour, next day 30 minutes, then 10...)

After some hesitation (mainly the price commitment) I joined Le Wagon Tokyo and was pleasantly surprised to see, that not only did they deliver in every single point I felt I needed, but they even brought something more:

• buddy system - getting paired every day with a different classmate teaches you how to better understand what you are doing by explaining it to someone else (plus you get to know your classmates)
    • a great lesson flow - each lesson seamlessly connects to the following one like expanding branches. Every main topic is a major branch and when you get to the final weeks all these branches are connected in a clear tree. And you see how even that one weird lessons from week 2 that you didn't quite get the importance is a game changer when building projects!
    • project building - doing exercises is fun and games, but at the end of the day a programmer is here to build apps. Having the last 3 weeks focused solely on building working apps not only gave us a better understanding of what programming really is and the obstacles we will face, but also allowed us to create a portfolio.
    • project preparation and delivery - despite being a coding bootcamp, they didn't overlook the importance of planning/preparing a project (thinking out the core user journey, preparing tentative art) and teaching us how to pitch it in front of an audience

Overall the experience and the curriculum were fantastic, and I have started recommending to my friends, especially those who believe that they don't have what it takes (maths, logical thinking) to learn programming.

• Olivera  User Photo
    Olivera • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I had been working as a Business Analyst for the past 5-6 years, during which I always had to work with developers. I always found it somewhat frustrating when I was not able to fully understand the technical terms when trying to translate business requirements to the tech teams. During my years as a Business Analyst, I managed to self-taught basic SQL and database structures, but I wanted to learn more than that. Coming from a non-technical background myself, I always found that people with coding/ maths background tend to have a different approach to problem solving, which is a skill extremely useful no matter which industry/sector you work at.

So, after attending talks and open days organised by several coding bootcamps, I decided to enrol in Le Wagon in London (batch#240) because its curriculum is designed not just for acquiring the technical skills for recruitment purpose, but also more about personal development. I particularly enjoy the last 3 weeks of the course, where we worked as a team to create a MVP for our apps/ websites. I learned during the project weeks that you can only learn and fully understand the concepts by applying them into practices. It really pushes you out there to apply the concepts you learnt as well as to present your ideas in front of others. The teacher assistants have all been extremely helpful and patient in explaining complicated coding concepts to us. Also, after the bootcamp, you will become a member of the Le Wagon international network of over 5000 alumnis across the globe, with people who are constantly sharing the latest news and knowledges every day on slack channels. Le Wagon also provides the most updated tools and course materials to its students even post bootcamp, so I can always refer back to the course work and redo the challenges/ revise on concepts.

I am glad that I took the leap to attend the bootcamp at Le Wagon. After attending the bootcamp, I learnt that coding is a never ending learning process, and with the support that I had been given during and post bootcamp, I feel much more confident and motivated in continuing on my coding journey.

• Romain M  User Photo
    Romain M • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Former Wagon student at the Batch # 246 in Bordeaux, I was very interested in https://www.lewagon.com as part of a professional reconversion. I started several courses and I had the chance to close this transition by Le Wagon, so I have some elements of comparison.

The training, very intensive, is really well thought out, the staff is very competent, in addition to being really nice and benevolent, and at the end there is no apprehension to dive into the code, we know that we won't sink. The technical skill is present and beyond that, the ability to learn, to question and to challenge ourselves is very strongly sharpened. And this is also what allows a recruiter to have more confidence in a Wagon's student.

The student profiles are also very varied and very interesting. It's even one of the main strenghts of Le Wagon. The network of alumni, through the many opportunities it can bring, is a really differentiating factor.
    In just two months Le Wagon simply brings a wealth of knowledge, and more opportunities than any other organization could offer, making this training one of the best investments you can make.

If you like to challenge yourself, want to change your life or get skills that could help you in your daily life, both pro and personal (yes it is), then clearly there is no hesitation, between all available bootcamps Le Wagon is clearly a no brainer.

• Justine Muguet  User Photo
    Justine Muguet • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Très vite on se sent à l’aise avec l’ambiance et grâce au staff du wagon, toujours très souriants et présents. J’ai choisi d’entreprendre ma formation de développeur web avec le Wagon de par son programme intense et complet mais aussi de par sa pédagogie d’excellence dont j’avais entendu ultérieurement. La formation est très enrichissante, bien que difficile, mais elle permet très rapidement d’acquérir de solides connaissances. Tout au long du batch, les professeurs et les T.A sont présents, et prennent vraiment le temps de nous expliquer les différents concepts. La pédagogie est vraiment au TOP ! Durant ces deux mois, nous apprenons aussi à travailler en binôme et en équipe. Ce qui pour moi est primordial, car c’est l’essence même du métier de développeur : le partage et le co-working. Durant le batch, de nombreuses activités en dehors des heures de cours sont proposées afin de développer la cohésion d’équipe mais aussi de créer des affinités. Je suis très fière d’avoir fait partie de mon batch 246 de Bordeaux, et je le recommande sans hésitation à tous ceux qui souhaiteront acquérir de nombreuses connaissances en peu de temps. C’est pour moi la meilleure formation de développeur web à l’heure actuelle ! Je vous invite à visiter le site du wagon : https://www.lewagon.com/fr pour avoir plus de renseignements. L’objectif du fin de batch est de créer une application web en équipe, là nous réalisons toutes les notions acquises au cours de ces deux mois, quel sentiment de fierté. Mot de la fin : le wagon est le meilleur bootcamp au monde depuis plusieurs années et je ne suis pas étonnée : super pédagogie, super endroit, super ambiance … Que demander de plus ? Foncez si vous hésitez encore. - Justine Muguet - Batch 246 - Bordeaux
  • Bart Karnath  User Photo
    Bart Karnath • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I spent 5 years of my life studying Psychology. After those years when I finally obtained Master’s in Clinical Psychology, I went full on into working in very challenging environments, such as prison or hostel for homeless people struggling with addictions and mental health problems. As much as I enjoy helping people and being a psychologist I felt like I’m missing something. One day I finally let myself to be convinced by my best friend to give coding a go. Next thing I know I’m at Le Wagon! I boy don’t I love it!

Making a decision to join this particular Bootcamp was not an easy process. The market is full of different opportunities and options to learn to code. I knew that personally, I feel much more comfortable when learning in a group and being supported both by my colleagues and teachers. So having realized that I started my research. Le Wagon was coming on top of my searches every time but then there was one thing that really concerned me. By design, I’m a rather skeptical person, so when I saw all those Le Wagon’s awesome reviews online and the fact that I couldn't find any bad ones really put me off. However, that said, I was still curious about them so I decided to give it a go.

First weeks were extremely exhausting for me. I have no technical background so everything was so new and so intense! Surviving this early stage was possible for me only because of the buddy system and incredible support from all teachers and TAs. I was a little bit afraid of working every day with another colleague every day as I feared being judged. As it turns out I couldn’t be more wrong. At the end of the day we were in the same boat and we were going through the same problems. That made as close and we knew we can count on each other.

Project weeks were the best by far! That was the time to put all that knowledge into practice. Working in my team was like a rollercoaster at moments. We really wanted to build an amazing app so there were frictions between us, however, those moments made us even closer and made our work even better. We coded together, we solved problems together and we were laughing together.

To sum it up, if I could give any advice it would be, don’t hesitate to ask questions, don’t hesitate to ask for help, and more importantly, don’t hesitate to admit that you don’t understand something. At Le Wagon there’s no need to pretend, that’s not a race to be the best. Le Wagon is about you learning as much as you can and to enjoy the experience to the fullest!