Amsterdam, Bali, Barcelona, Beirut, Beirut, Belo Horizonte, Belo Horizonte, Berlin, Bordeaux, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Casablanca, Chengdu, Copenhagen, Kyoto, Kyoto, Lausanne, Lille, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Madrid, Madrid, Marseille, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Montreal, Nantes, Oslo, Oslo, Paris, Recife, Rennes, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Singapore, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Tokyo

Le Wagon is a 9-week Ruby on Rails focused bootcamp based out of Paris and other various locations. With a community of students with various backgrounds (engineers, journalists, architects, designers, etc.), applicants will join an exciting tech community. All the students of Le Wagon share the same technical background and apply industry best practices. This mix between diversity & technical expertise makes the community unique.

Graduates of Le Wagon will be proficient in Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, APIs, Github, and Heroku. Le Wagon requires 40 hours of online work to prepare for the course, and in 2 months students will be able to build several web applications, including a clone of Airbnb and a personal project. The bootcamp focuses on bringing coding skill to creatives and entrepreneurs with the ambition to build their own MVP and/or challenge their future dev team.

• Coding Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, Front End, Ruby
    Start Date February 10, 2020
    LocationMadrid, Oslo, Rennes, Kyoto, Lausanne, Shenzhen, Singapore, Sao Paulo, Berlin, Milan, Chengdu, Bali, Mexico City, Tokyo, Marseille, Casablanca, Belo Horizonte, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Montreal, Shanghai, Lyon, Nantes, Tel Aviv, Lille, London, Melbourne, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Lisbon, Barcelona, Rio de Janeiro
    Tuition PlansPayment in two or three installments depending on the Campus policies
    Prep WorkRuby track on CodeCademy
    February 10, 2020 - Shanghai
    April 13, 2020 - Bali

• Lamina Vedder  User Photo
    Lamina Vedder • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

In 2016, I voluntarily joined a 2-hour coding workshop by Le Wagon at the University of Mannheim in Germany. It was an optional workshop which was offered as part of a congress I participated in. This was the first time, I actually noticed how much I enjoyed coding. One year later, I joined a young e-commerce business where I was exposed to SQL and again I figured, that I really enjoyed it. After finishing my bachelor’s degree, I did not feel like moving on the way I did for my future job. So I remembered the coding workshop I did in 2016 and started researching about coding schools all around the world. In the end, Le Wagon convinced me the most, as I had some minor experiences with their teachers during my workshop in university and at the same time it was the shortest and least expensive coding bootcamp I could find on the Net.

My experience at Le Wagon Barcelona came in with so many highlights. Not only did I enjoy learning a new professional skill, but I met loads of amazing people who inspired me every day. I loved going to class and buddying with a new partner daily to solve our coding challenges. Learning to code was fun and challenging at the same time. Looking back, I can say, that this coding bootcamp has changed my life for the good and that I have made friends for life.

I loved living in Barcelona because it is a lively city, but still relaxed at the same time. It seems hard to get tired of all the things Barcelona has to offer – be it pubs, clubs, sporting activities, hikes etc. I myself love to do sports and to be in nature. Living in Gracía, the Tibidabo mountain was not far and it always allowed me to enjoy beautiful sunrises with a view on Barcelona in the mornings before class. I was also able to join some cool boxing classes, bootcamps in the park, yoga sessions on rooftops and so on for almost no money, as the first class was always free while the choice of different sport studios was huge!

For future students, I would advise to live in the area of Gracía as you will mainly be busy with class during the week and it seems painful to have to take the metro every single day to get to class. Moreover, you will notice that most of the times, you will hang out around Gracía for drinks in the evening as this is the area where students and teachers will know where to go because you always pass some cool places on the way from or to class.

In terms of preparation for class, I can only advise future students to actually watch the lecture each night before class, so you will be able to quickly grabs the logic of coding. I also found that every time I watched the video the night before class, I was able to understand things, which I had not noticed by only watching the video or solely visiting the lecture. Hearing things twice really helps to get a deeper understanding of things!

Learning to code at Le Wagon is a life-changing experience!

• Awesome bootcamp
    - 10/10/2019
    Edouard Blondeau  User Photo
    Edouard Blondeau • Product Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Before joining the bootcamp I was working as a Learning Program Manager for B2B training at NUMA, a french accelerator. I wanted to switch the way I was working and decided to learn software engineering. I wanted to become a Product Manager and knew that's I lacked of knowledges on this field. The bootcamp gave me clear insights on the skills and tools required to develop product and helped me find the right company to grow as a Product Manager.

• Awesome program!
    - 10/10/2019
    Thierry Fernando R. de Oliveira  User Photo
    Thierry Fernando R. de Oliveira • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have a degree in physical therapy, and decided to change careers. When I found the idea of ​​bootcamp, I liked it, but I had a fear, after all what is promised is something serious. Today after finishing the bootcamp of Le Wagon, I have only to praise and thank, the whole course is very planned, the methodology wonderful. It was a life experience. Would highly recommend.

• fradec  User Photo
    fradec • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before I joined Le Wagon, I was a student, then I was a monk for about 10 years in an french abbey. The monastic life is full of surprises, and I exercised various activities, in addition to prayer, including a bit of code (!), but without too much time for that. At the end of these years, I realized that it was better for me to leave the monastery and to come back to the world. The code appeared to me as the best way to quickly find a job.

A friend told me about Le Wagon, and I was immediately excited by this short and powerful bootcamp. The 9 very intensive weeks allowed me to assimilate technical skills, thanks to the work with buddies or as a team, undoubtedly one of the best ways to learn!

Teamwork was so good that one of the friends of my batch suggested me to join his company as a consultant so that we could continue to work together on web/tech projects.

Change your life, learn to code is for me more than a tag, it's a reality: 4 months after leaving the monastery, I already have a job! :)

• Nasser Atiyeh  User Photo
    Nasser Atiyeh • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Before coming to Bali for the Le Wagon FullStack coding Bootcamp, I was a manager at Cheesecake Factory in the US. I really wanted to learn a new skill that would stay with me and stay relevant for as long as possible.

It's a very intense course, 9 weeks, 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday, with lectures every morning and working on coding exercises the rest of the day. Sometimes actually way more than those hours because it's definitely not easy to learn so many concepts so there are days where I either came in early or stayed late to master what was taught. However, if you put your heart into it, great things happen. It's really amazing what you get out of the program. You learn something new every day, literally, and in the last two weeks it all comes together.

My final project was a social investment app and I really enjoyed working in a team to produce the app. The people that come to Le Wagon to learn how to code are definitely of a certain caliber. We've all made the conscious decision to invest in our education and essentially, our future. The group of people in my batch that I got to know were amazing. Outside of class we also did some social stuff and even had a weekly cook-off at one of the student's houses. It really feels like a community that we build together.

Le Wagon offers an amazing location to learn how to code at a very affordable price, especially coming from the US. It helps that Bali has a lower cost of living so even besides the program, living in Bali was very reasonable. It was also easy to get around on a scooter and I was able to explore the different neighborhoods as well.

The Le Wagon staff is the best. They really take care of you in and outside of the classroom. They make it their #1 goal to ensure that we each have the best learning experience possible and I couldn't ask for more.

• Alice Fabre  User Photo
    Alice Fabre • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

For 7 years, I had been organizing events related to wine, gastronomy and rugby for B2B customers. I had learnt to code on my own to automatize weekly and monthly financial reports and I really liked it. It’s something that I really liked to do, this is why I decided to become a developer.
    I wanted to learn web development because it requires technical skills and also creative skills, as you build the apps you want. I chose Le Wagon in Paris because the pedagogy is great : one hour and a half a day of theory and then exercises during the rest of the day. The last 3 weeks are dedicated to building an app in teams. The teachers are great, the team is fantastic and I’ve learned much more than I expected in only 2 months ! The community is also one of the reason why I joined Le Wagon : it’s very active and helpful ! My experience at Le Wagon was awesome, I highly recommend this bootcamp to all the people who want to learn web development !

• Clementine  User Photo
    Clementine • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before starting Le Wagon, I was finishing my Business School master in digital marketing.
    During my studies, I had the opportunity to do some internships in marketing and more precisely, in CRM. CRM is in charge of the customer loyalty, through, among others, emailing and newsletters. During those experiences I learned a bit about HTML and CSS and tried to tinker some newsletters : it was not really successful, but I loved it.

During my last internship I found out that I needed to be challenged on my technical skills and it was something that I missed, working in marketing.
    I heard about Le Wagon during my studies so I decided to start the bootcamp, with the hope, at the end, that I could find a job that would combine both marketing and programmation. During the bootcamp I realised that programmation was the only thing I wanted to work in, for the future : it is so satisfying to see our job working - or not, programmation does not lie - and to see the direct result.
    Now, a world of opportunities is open and I’m looking forward to find my place as a developer.

• Demi  User Photo
    Demi • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My experience at Le Wagon was amazing, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to change their career or improve their skill set by learning to code.

I graduated with a degree in Law and Business about two years ago and until earlier this year, I had been working in marine insurance.

I came to a point in my career where I felt I needed a big change and that’s when I started looking at alternative career paths for myself. I have always been greatly interested in technology and so it felt natural for my career change to be related to this interest in some way.

I began learning to code by myself using the typical online resources such as CodeCademy, FreeCodeCamp etc. However, eventually I felt like I needed something extra in order to take my learning to the next level. This is where Le Wagon came in.

I searched online for coding bootcamps in London and then narrowed my search down to two. I did extensive research on the two bootcamps on my list, and Le Wagon was the first (and ultimately, the only) one I had an interview with.

After my interview with the Manager and one of the Lead Lecturers, I was convinced that joining Le Wagon was the best decision I could make if I wanted to change my career. I was particularly interested by the description of what I would learn on the course.

The course itself is both fun and challenging. The learning process was enjoyable and, because of the buddy system, I felt that I could get help easily if I was stuck. Additionally, there are teaching assistants available to help throughout the day in case you get really stuck!

The teachers explain each topic thoroughly, and always had time to talk if something wasn’t quite clicking.

Finally, the social aspects of the course are highly rewarding. There are drinks on Fridays, tech-talks during the week, and there is such a diverse group of people that it is virtually guaranteed that you will find something interesting to do each day.

• Léopold Wolfrom  User Photo
    Léopold Wolfrom • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Before I joined Le Wagon I had just finished an entrepreneurship master in a French Business School. During this year, I realised that my technical background was weak. I had some difficulties working and understanding developers. This is why I joined Le Wagon and I must say that I do not regret my choice.
    The 9 weeks bootcamp was incredible. It was intellectually stimulating and the people were extremely helpful and nice.
    I am now confident in my technical abilities and  I liked it so much that I want to continue developing my skills. Also, thanks to this I can now get a job as a Product Manager and work hand in hand with developers.
    If you hesitate, don’t  !  The bootcamp is clearly worth it !!

• Théo  User Photo
    Théo • Product Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

As a business school student and young product manager, i wanted to follow the Wagon coding bootcamp for 3 reasons :
    -Be better as PM (better colaborate with developers, better understand technical issues…)
    -Develop a network in the tech environment, which is under-represented in business school in general
    -Develop side-projects, be able to code my own prototypes and test my product ideas in front of potential customers

Finally, i’m more satisfied than i expected. The curriculum is very well made, teachers are amazing and they are fully dedicated to build a strong community. Everything is made to make all people get to know each other from day one. It’s a real human experience where i also developed my social and teamwork skills, surrounded by highly motivated people.

Even if you don’t follow the bootcamp to become developer, you are not immune to love to code at the end. It’s sooo satisfying to be able to build things by ourself, and i’m now confident enough to learn new languages, like Python in my current job, to carry out data analysis.

Don’t hesitate anymore, it will change your life more than you can expect before doint it.

• lou  User Photo
    lou • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had an amazing experience at le wagon and I would recommend it to anybody being interested by code.
    I graduated from ESSEC business school with a master in data analytics. I then worked for more than one year in a start up that fights against food waste. I loved. the experience but I was very frustrated to work on tech products without understanding how they were functioning. I joined le wagon batch 290 in Paris and this experience changed my life and the way I want to move on with my carrer. I discovered I loved coding and I am now looking for new opportunities to become a real developer. teachers are amazing. They know how to talk to you and explain because they have been at your place few years ago. It is very challengin but in a very benevolent environement were everything is made to make you succeed and help you gain confidence step by step. Finally you get a unique opportunity to meet people from very diverse backgrounds ( from former monks to music ingeneer) and the network you create will follow you throughout all your professional life.
    Nothing more to say, just do it :)
  • Amazing experience
    - 10/3/2019
    Jean H  User Photo
    Jean H • Jr FullStack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before le Wagon, I was (and still am) an undergraduate student at the Sorbonne School of Economics.
    Since a very young age, I was interested in computers; I learned how to mount one and did a bit of programming too. However, I never went deep in learning and building apps with code, I found it difficult to learn it by yourselfeven if there are a lot of resources online.
    When I graduated from high school, I enrolled in economics, but I wanted to go back to computers. Because I wanted to focus on the practical aspect of programming, learn a lot in a limited amount of time but well, I learned about coding bootcamps and Le Wagon came naturally as my first choice.
    Because I have a lot of free time beside my economics studies, I had the opportunity to work part-time as a FullStack developer in a startup founded by an alumni who did the bootcamp with me! Overall, choosing Le Wagon was one of the best decision I made. I learned in 9 weeks what I couldn’t learn alone since I was interested in programming. During the bootcamp I’ve met incredible like-minded people, and made a lot of friends. Le Wagon gave me a lot of confidence and taught me how to build web apps, but also how to learn any language and framework by yourself thanks to their educational methods. Don't hesitate!

• Le Wagon bootcamp
    - 10/3/2019
    Pelegri Julien  User Photo
    Pelegri Julien • Student Verified via GitHub

I did batch #287 of Le Wagon (Summer 2019).

I was a postgraduate student in a French engineering school. During my studies, I mainly did applied mathematics, physics and computer science. So I had a basic coding background but only related to maths and theoric sciences.
        I was interested in web tech. I enrolled Le Wagon to wider my knowledge and see somehow what was for me at this time an ‘other way of coding’.

I believe that Le Wagon is the best way to quickly learn how to develop a complex web app from scratch and to have a better view of all challenges surrounding the web.
        You don’t need to know anything about coding before entering the bootcamp. And that’s a good point because Le Wagon will give you the best coding practices and a mindset to be able to be independent and learn by yourself new technologies. Le Wagon emphasis a lot on code quality and team workflow, which are two essentials skills for a developer.

I’ve just been “graduated” from Le Wagon a month ago and I’m working on web development projects while studying. I would say that the main interesting thing about le wagon is that they teach you “how to learn code” the good way. That’s amazing you keep learning new stuff every day at a breakneck pace and you can easily move on to more advanced technologies in no time.

• Rokas Vaitkevicius  User Photo
    Rokas Vaitkevicius • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Before joining Le Wagon I was working as a warehouse operative in London. While I was working I always had a thought in my mind that I needed to be challenged a little more in life so I tried coding in my free time, and unfortunately I wasn't very successful. It's easy to get lost and discouraged in a sea of programming if you have no guidance.

Few months later I came across coding bootcamps. I thought bootcamps were a quicker and cheaper way to get the knowledge that a university would provide, so after doing some research I decided to apply to Le Wagon London. I was quite surprised they took a chance on someone like me who didn't have a great background (but hey I'm not complaining).

The bootcamp itself was very challenging and intense, but luckily they have a great bunch of teachers, who are always reassuring and happy to help. The staff and teachers are all super nice and treat you like a friend. The buddy system is something that I enjoyed a lot. You basically get matched with a new person everyday so you get to meet and learn from many different people with many different backgrounds. Even though it was very demanding, I am very happy that I did it, because everyday I was having fun while getting better and learning so many different programming languages. I also got to experience what it is like to work as a web developer by having hands on experience and doing projects in a group of 3-4 people for the last 3 weeks.

If you are looking to change your career or just curious about learning code, I would definitely encourage you to join Le Wagon.

• Antoine Gaillard  User Photo
    Antoine Gaillard • Fullstack developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

After working for more than 10 years as communications officer and manager for various organizations, I felt the need the change course. I wished to learn a new, technical skill that would allow me to feel empowered and to master modern technologies, instead of just using them unknowingly.

Le Wagon syllabus looked promising and exciting... and it delivered ! You have to go all in and commit (pun intended) 100%, but if you do, the well thought out program, the great teachers and always-here-to-help teacher assistants will accompany you closely in the journey.

What's more, after Le Wagon, you know how to learn, and don't feel overwhelmed anymore by the tech universe. It opens up a lot of possibilities, from freelancing to web agencies or in-house dev in any organization relying on tech... which are many. Le Wagon also offers job seeking assistance after the fact, which is really helpful when you don't know where to start.

Highly recommended !

• Great bootcamp
    - 10/2/2019
    JT  User Photo
    JT • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I had an excellent experience in this bootcamp.

Curriculum's design is tense but reasonable, it pushes me to the limit and provides me huge progress.

They also have sufficient challenges for me to implement what I learned in the morning class.

Most of all, Le Wagon Tokyo has an outstanding teaching group that always stands on your side and provides help, using simple words to help you understand a complex concept.

Having a great teacher is much more important than having a great class schedule.

• Samba Diaw  User Photo
    Samba Diaw • Graduate Verified via GitHub

As a former student in a French business school, I tried for months but was not very successful in learning to code by myself. Last year, I met the driver of Le Wagon Montreal and a couple of students during my internship in Montreal. After having spoken with them, it became clear that it was something for me and so I decided right away to apply to one of the Le Wagon locations around the world.

The three things I enjoyed the most at Le Wagon Bali were :

1. The way our days were structured: a quick 1.5 hour lecture in the morning and the rest of the day was dedicated to practice, practice and .. more practice!

2. Coding in front of the beach! The balinese atmosphere is probably one of the best in the world, working hard and being relaxed at the same time. It helped me so much.

3. The amazing people I met there, from all around the world.

One of the best moments of the bootcamp is, obviously, the last two weeks when we work on our final projects. In those moments, everything really came together. And believe me, you really feel accomplished. 🙂

At the time of writing, we are few weeks after the end of graduating the bootcamp and I can tell you guys that jumping into this adventure was one of the best choices I've made. Le Wagon is a game changer and I'm a 100% sure that it will change my life. For those who are ready to work hard and are really interested in coding, I highly recommend Le Wagon.

• Nicholas Stern  User Photo
    Nicholas Stern • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Before Le Wagon, I was a student studying Business Economics and that is where I met a friend who introduced me to the world of coding. I immediately started studying on my own and tried to get to a solid level but quickly learned how difficult that is without any real guidance.

This is where Le Wagon Bali came in. I’m not going to lie, I was extremely skeptical before joining the course with major questions like “Can I really learn to code in only 9 weeks?” These questions were immediately shattered when the course began. Le wagon’s meticulously planned course, along with the incredible instructors, taught me more than I could have possibly anticipated. I learned 50x more in 9 weeks in Bali than I did in 3 months of studying on my own. I went from essentially knowing nothing to building my own fully functional web-applications.

I am extremely grateful for the experience they provided and I seriously couldn’t recommend Le Wagon any higher to someone who wants to learn to code.
  • Benedikt Kneussl  User Photo
    Benedikt Kneussl • Student Verified via GitHub

My interest in coding was always very high. I've been working in tech startups for the last two years, but only got a sneak peek at the product behind the scenes. This made me very curious and it finally helped my decision to sign up for the Le Wagon Bali Bootcamp. The main reason why I choose Le Wagon was the hands-on learning approach.

A typical day at Le Wagon starts at 9 o´clock sharp with a 1.5 to 2 hour lecture. Following the lecture every student is assigned a buddy using their awesome learning tool "Kitt". Together the two of you will tackle the challenges of the day on the terrace outside the classroom, always having the chance to ask for help from one of the teachers if you are both stuck. This is an extremely powerful and effective way of learning as it allowed me to find my own mistakes. In my opinion Bali was the perfect location for learning how to code, as it allowed you to focus while coding and stay calm when not. At around 5 o clock there will be a live code where everyone has the ability to show what they have learned throughout the day.
    I would have never thought it is possible to learn so much in such a short time.

I definitely learned a lot in the last three weeks and we all did, while working in groups on our projects. This was not only extremely fun, but it also gave us a good sense of how to code in a team and showed how much more one can achieve when working in groups.

After these 9 weeks at LeWagon in Bali, I have met wonderful people and broadened my personal network and have also finally the gained the skillset to built fabulous products.

• Rahul Suvarna  User Photo
    Rahul Suvarna • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am writing this review a month after completing the Bootcamp. At my time at Le Wagon, I learned how to make a static webpage, scrape data from other websites, build a full-fledged Airbnb clone, build FireEvents, and executed my final project, all in 9-weeks. It was intense but it was totally worth the hours put in. I came into this program without knowing how to write a single line of code and 9 weeks later, I am equipped to build full-stack applications. The teachers are so helpful and considerate towards the students and are ready to help whenever needed. The coursework is designed well to suit a beginner coder and goes all the way to an advanced level in a matter of a couple of weeks. Of course, there is the prep work that every student has to go through to establish their foundations before the Bootcamp, and this definitely helped me get a better understanding of things during the classes. This program has helped me attain the knowledge that I need to achieve the things I want to on a professional front. Coming from a management background and changing it up to learn how to code can be scary, and I am glad I overcame my fears and took this up. I am very grateful to Le Wagon and the whole teaching crew in Bali for all the support and the resources that were given to me. As for choosing to do the Bootcamp in Bali, the classes were on the top floor of the Frii hotel which had an amazing view of the beach which was relaxing while coding. There are several co-working spaces in Bali which cater to digital nomads and you would definitely run into other developers there and find some freelancing opportunities. There are also a lot of options for food and it's one of the best tourist destinations as well.

• Kaiying Fu  User Photo
    Kaiying Fu • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I'm from the Singapore campus that opened up this past summer and it was just last week that my team completed and showcased our MVP at batch #294's Demo Day.

4 months ago I was working as a product planner at an infosecurity company, in a team managing an enterprise web application security product. With a BA and the only formal training in computer science being a semester's coursework of "Intro to Computer Science Java Programming", the learning curve on the job was extremely steep.

While my job gave me some background in how applications are attacked, many concepts were understood only up to the level I'm able to communicate with engineers and seek their confirmation of what is possible. Imposters' Syndrome is real for any non-technical PM. What are these web applications my product is supposed to protect? I knew what websites were, but not how they were built, whether securely or otherwise.

These past 9 weeks gave me the opportunity to to finally, finally get my footing in what I thought I'd needed years of personal study to understand. I'm now closer to the product than I can ever get by learning how to build my own, and with friends.

At Le Wagon we started each day off with lectures followed by almost a whole day of coding to solve challenges of increasing difficulty. It's a solid curriculum that pushes you to use what you've learned right away, all the time, and alongside what you've learned and what you'll learn next. Very quickly you become so familiar with Ruby, everyone starts bonding over how much we miss it during the JavaScript portion of the bootcamp. Code puns of course start appearing during lunchtime which Dirk (Le Wagon Singapore's founder!) says is always a proud moment for him.

What was really impressive for me is realizing at the Airbnb Clone and Final Project weeks that we can build from scratch a fully functional, feature-rich application using just what we've learned.

For my team's final project, we built an issue tracking web app for construction and facilities management. A core feature was to allow users to for pin issues directly on user-uploaded maps to automatically capture a bunch of location information with zero text input. We could have gone the route of creating a draggable pin icon that could transfer data to be stored  which would be complicated by not impossible to implement. However, we found a much simpler solution inspired by the Minesweeper exercise we did a few weeks before, and built a clickable grid over the maps with the AJAX techniques we've learned.

My take on what's special about the Singapore campus is that over here we have a mostly local crowd and I guess therefore the demographics could be more diverse. A few of us were overseas Singaporeans, entrepreneurs, fresh graduates, mid-career changers  and that's just between 9 people. I love that I'll be able to see most of them around after the bootcamp, and a few of us will even be entering a hackathon together (watch out for the 'Wagoners'!).

Because we've all shared in this special Le Wagon experience, the alumni network is pretty strong across the global campuses with active channels for job openings, project launches, and of course further learning.

I'm saying this last because it's been done to death but Le Wagon has THE BEST INSTRUCTORS. I cannot understate how much respect and admiration all my peers have for them. They are passionate, supportive educators and have clearly all fallen hopelessly in love with coding. From the lips of one instructor,
    "...yeah and we can have a bonfire and sing code songs".

A special shout-out to our instructors this run: Prima, Forrest, Guido, Gianluca and our TA Quan (and also our lovely yoga instructor Perolyn!)

These short 9 weeks have shown me that I can code, I deeply enjoy coding, and learning to create with code, much like learning to write or speak, opens up a world of opportunity in bringing ideas to life.
  • Xavier Arques  User Photo
    Xavier Arques • Freelance FullStack developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Hello, I am 51 and I have been working in the software industry for over 28 years. Back in 1990, I received a Master of Engineering from EFREI in Paris. I started my career as a Java developer and then evolved to a Software Product Architect position and finally to a Product Owner one at Cisco. I was still coding for my personal projects on the side and in 2018, I decided to get back to coding on the professional plan. Therefore, I joined Le Wagon to upskill myself by learning state-of-the-art programming languages and quickly becoming up to date.

During the bootcamp, I enjoyed everything: from the pedagogy to the people, including the yoga classes and the diversity of the network.

Afterwards, while I was teaching classes at Le Wagon, I also learnt React and started a freelancing career as a fullstack developer. As Raphaëlle Giordano says: “Your Second Life Begins When You Realize You Only Have One” and I feel like I’m starting this new life after Le Wagon because even if it’s not easy, I want to do (only) things that I enjoy. I am grateful for now being able to fulfill this wish

• Thibault Belair  User Photo
    Thibault Belair • Student Verified via GitHub

Very fluid and efficient way of learning code. I had zero experience. Everything is made to facilitate the student process of learning code from scratch. I was expecting an intense bootcamp and let's be clear, it is intense but i would redo it anytime. You don't feel lost even when it's hard, all thanks to the professors and the staff. They are so patients and always tried to lead us into the right way.  Le Wagon invited also many actors of the developpement sphere and it was so fulfilling to project what we learned into something real.

To summarize, Le Wagon is a well designed bootcamp, everything is fluid and the 9 weeks are flying very fast. One of the better decision i've ever made was to sign up, not just for the code aspect of it but also because it is a wonderful human experience.

• Mark  User Photo
    Mark • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I chose Le Wagon based on the #1 ranking on this site and also because I wanted to start from scratch (vs other bootcamps that pre-qualify students) and to get to a certain level in as little time as possible. Le Wagon was a clear winner here, and my interview with Alex only cemented my impression of Le Wagon as being a friendly, supportive, and welcoming community. I really appreciated the way every day was structured: lecture in the morning, challenges throughout the day with full TA support, and a live code in the evening. You got the sense that teaching staff really cared about student development and also just enjoyed being there. There was an emphasis on community at Le Wagon: they're an active participant in the local tech ecosystem and regularly host events that students and alumni are encouraged to be a part of. There was yoga once or twice a week (I never went although other students raved about it). There were boundless opportunities to socialize. I've never seen a more diverse group of people band together in such a short amount of time. Overall, a great experience on every level!

• Yann Legendre  User Photo
    Yann Legendre • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I came to le wagon to change carreers and learn as much as possible without commiting to several years of studying again. It turned out to be a great choice, because now I feel able to build a web app myself from scratch.
    More important, I now feel pretty confident I can continue to learn on my own what I need to learn to keep getting better.
    Two great months, time just flies, we learn a lot, make new friends, and leave the place excited to see what is coming next.
    Teachers and staff are great, and we can feel that the syllabus and the way things are taught here have been updated and improved with each new "batch", making really it practical. It still is pretty dense, and some things are hard, but we don't lose time on anything useless, and focus on what we need to know.
    I would make the same choice any day !!

• Don Park  User Photo
    Don Park • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Before deciding to join to Le Wagon, I was taking a Python Bitcoin development bootcamp where I met an alumni from Le Wagon. His story and experience with Le Wagon was so intriguing, I had to stop everything I was doing and dig deeper into the Le Wagon bootcamp and what it had to offer. I came to Le Wagon with a background in IT and had a few minor roles in college as a junior web developer and as an intern as a iOS developer, so I thought surely the bootcamp couldn't be that intense. I quickly found out in the first three weeks I was wrong. Looking back, my favorite thing about the structure of the program was that all the teachers always reitterated one thing: to trust them. Even at times when I felt defeated the instructors at Le Wagon always made sure to help guide me in finding a solution.

I really began to appreciate the structure of the program when things slowly started coming together as they promised. And as someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, that really resonated me because sometimes, you just have to trust the process - just don't stop! I'm still blown away by the level of depth and engagement of the program, goin as far as to say I feel like I learned more in 9-weeks than I did during my four years in College. I'm eternally grateful for the amazing experience that the Le Wagon Bali family shared with us and would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn how to code and build product-focused applications.