ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Miami, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers 9-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time bootcamps in web development, UX/UI design, and data analytics in Miami (Florida), Madrid and Barcelona (Spain), Paris (France) Mexico City (Mexico), Berlin (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Lisbon (Portugal). Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning. And the Data Analytics program allows students to load, clean, explore and extract valuable insights from datasets and cultivate languages scuh as Python, SQL and Tableau.

The admissions process for each program includes an online application, a personal interview, and a technical assessment.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 1,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and +600 partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer, UX/UI designer or Data analyst upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (931) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (30) articles about Ironhack →
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    DepositYes
    Do you need help with the payment? Visit our Financing page: https://www.ironhack.com/en/financing
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location
    ScholarshipIronhack offers an upfront scholarship of 10% off for any of our Web Development
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Part-Time)

MySQL, Git, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, SQL, Python
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 24 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

HTML, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This 9 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep WorkThe Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
  • UX/UI Design Course (Part-Time)

HTML, Design, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins.
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

• Kat  User Photo
    Kat • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I did the Data Analytics Ironhack bootcamp, and graduated December 2019.  The course covered a wide range of topics, ranging from the very basics of data cleaning and analysis, to building more advanced algorithms.  The Data Analytics track was relatively new when I did the program and there were still some things that could have been improved, though the team at Ironhack was very receptive to feedback.  Himanshu (the instructor) was very patient and knowledgeable. Brito (career advisor) really roots for you after graduating from the program and works tirelessly to get you hired in the field. He has a great network across South Florida, and if you put in the effort he will personally refer you to opportunities.
  • Best decision ever
    - 2/20/2020
    Nicole Matos  User Photo
    Nicole Matos • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before I enrolled at Ironhack, I read reviews by people saying it changed their lives and was the best decision they ever made. I thought they were exaggerating but after finishing my Boot Camp I’m happy to tell you that WOW I feel exactly the same way. I did the full-time UX course. It was hard work but I learned so much in 9 weeks despite having no background in design. We got in-person lectures as well as corresponding digital lecture slides and bonus material that’s ours to keep. Another aspect I loved was getting to do a hackathon with students from the other cohorts (web development and data). It was fun and collaborative and taught us a lot about the disciplines we’ll probably be working with in the future. Not only did Ironhack set me up for success (I’m now officially a UX/UI designer), but I met some of the most amazing people ever.  For this and many other reasons, I’m happy I chose Ironhack over any other bootcamp. If you want more info about Ironhack, call them up or reach out to an alumni (everyone is really helpful!)
  • Arthur Pinault  User Photo
    Arthur Pinault • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    During my time at Ironhack's Miami UX/UI bootcamp I learned all the valuable skills necessary to quickly change my career and ultimately my life. It was an amazing experience with incredible instructors who helped me every step of the way. Although it was exceptionally challenging, I looked forward to going to class everyday and felt sad the program was coming to an end for me during my 9th and final week.
    Im proud to say that, because of Ironhack, I now work with Carnival Cruise Line as a UX/UI designer. I was able to get a job incredibly quick thanks to Ironhack. I also work part time for a company out of Berlin from home at my own pace which I was able to get by presenting past projects that I did at Ironhack.

P.S. before Ironhack I was a bartender for 7 years and was not tech savvy. As long as you put in the work, the hard work, Ironhack will provide everything you need to be successful in changing your career.
  • Ironhack miami
    - 2/18/2020
    Fabricio Policarpo  User Photo
    Fabricio Policarpo • Independent contractor full stack developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had a fantastic experience at Ironhack. I was stuck in tutorial hell,  unable to apply learned concepts on my own until I decided to attend this program. The instructors forced met to challenge myself and learn complex concepts. Most importantly I learned how to learn. Daniel Brito mentored me and helped with job placement and continues to be my point of reference when looking for new jobs. Overall I would have not been able to accomplish this career change without Ironhack.

ps. You will need to give 120% everyday, 60% of the time you will feel lost, success will only be achieved through effort.
  • Andres Weber  User Photo
    Andres Weber • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Ironhack really delivered on all the promises and more.  The courses were up to date, the location was fantastic and the community was warm and welcoming.  Such a diverse group and really amazing teachers/staff made this the best it could be.  Throughout my course Niko and Nick really blew my mind in terms of what was possible to teach in such a short amount of time, but also made sure to encourage and guide me along the way.

Other than the course itself, if it's not the amazing guest speakers, the fantastic companies that hire graduates right from within the same building, the fantastic cleaning staff (Te amo Maria!) and such an incredible support network you won't find a single thing left out.   It's a really compelling place to have studied and such a revolving door of talented students that are constantly making that place better and brighter.  Thank you to everyone there and thank you Daniel Brito in career services for making my change of career as simple and easy as it could be.   He truly knows every employer personally and everywhere you might apply there's almost sure to be an Ironhack grad working there already!
  • Milena Tyree  User Photo
    Milena Tyree • UI/UX Designer at Perdue Farms • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have to say that this was a life-changing experience for me. I was hesitant to go, scared that I won't be able to pay it, but I applied for a scholarship and won a part ride, and also won my final project which came with a cash prize so I managed to pay off 95% of my tuition as soon as I was done.

I went in with 13 years of experience in graphic design and some front end. I wasn't sure what to expect, this was one of the most intense things I've accomplished. The way the cohort is structured is amazing. In 9 weeks I really got to learn fast and also request extra lectures and help if felt like I needed it. There is an opportunity to work with data and dev students which really gives an advantage in learning.

Instructors and TAs were amazing, very knowledgeable and supportive.

After winning the final project I immediately had a job offer. My paycheck is now more than double of what I was making for years as a graphic designer.

Truly the best decision ive made in my career.
  • Jackie Benz  User Photo
    Jackie Benz • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    As a graphic designer, I joined Ironhack’s UX/UI full time cohort in hopes of expanding my design career. The 9 weeks were very intense both in and out of the classroom, It’s a bootcamp after all. The curriculum is substantial and it’s virtually impossible to go over every topic at any given week, which was frustrating to me as I wanted to have lectures and learn about everything! I put in a good 12-hour day studying schedule and that included weekends working on my case studies, doing research and catching up on the design challenges and lectures not talked about in the classroom. I quickly realized that at the end of the day you get what you put in. If you don’t take it seriously and are diligent about completing all your assignments, research, case studies, presentations and blog posts on-time you will be wasting your time, money and resources.
    The staff is nice and courteous, my instructor David was very knowledgeable with tons of experience as a seasoned designer who worked hard to get us a well-known company to work with us for our final project. My TAs Nicole and Maikel were one of the best I’ve ever had, equally resourceful, friendly and amazing professionals. The facilities are pretty good, located in a co-working space building where a few tech companies operate, which is cool. There are daily treats offered by the building, a vending and a coffee machine, and a nice kitchen where you can have your meals plus plenty of restaurants close by. Also, several rooms and areas are available within the building to work on your assignments outside the classroom which was very helpful since I often stayed late working on my projects.
    Career services is one of the best things Ironhack has to offer. Daniel Brito, the outcomes manager is constantly teaching workshops and having one-on-ones with you to make sure you are following his directions and preparing for your new career. Once you’re done with the cohort, there’s a career week where you sit through lectures and dedicate time to work on your LinkedIn profile, portfolio website and interview techniques among other things. The last week of the cohort is dedicated to a hiring fair where local companies come to an event organized by Daniel to interview students for work opportunities. I’m happy my hard work paid off as I was hired shortly after by one of the companies I interviewed with.
    In conclusion, Ironhack will teach you a comprehensive curriculum, give you valuable tools in a nice environment, help you find a job to launch your UX/UI career and offer you a lifelong platform to always be current and part of the tech industry but you need to be dedicated, driven, resourceful and diligent about it.
  • Jesus Garcia  User Photo
    Jesus Garcia • Verified via LinkedIn
    Going to Ironhack made a big change in my life, not only learned the MERN Stack, but how to work in a team, collaborate and solve problems with different ways, also made big connections with my classmates and the Ironhack Staff, they really take care about you, but you have to put effort to get the real value which are becoming a web developer and a big network. I truly recommend Ironhack if you don't know how to code and want to jump to the tech world, it can be "expensive" but it's worth every dollar. Teachers are really helpful and they know how to teach and solve any problem you might have, Sandra and Nick were my teachers and I can say I was very lucky learning a lot from them, they really motivated me to learn more and go further any challenge. Daniel Brito who is in charge of career services, does an excellent job helping students providing essential information and tips to land jobs. When I came to this country without any degree (only my HS diploma) I thought I would not find a real good job, but after Ironhack that changed.
  • Yulia A.  User Photo
    Yulia A. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience at Ironhack was truly transformative. I graduated from the UX/UI Design program in Miami. A month later, I’m looking forward to starting a new position as a UX Designer at a software company.

I enjoyed being a part of the supportive Ironhack family, including knowledgeable and caring instructors, TAs, and staff. Also, I had the opportunity to make new friends and meet many wonderful people in the industry.

What sets Ironhack apart is their dedication to student success. They continuously improve their curriculum and provide excellent career services. Daniel Brito is brilliant! He prepared us for success throughout the program. His workshops, lectures, and the career fair were incredibly helpful and valuable.

It makes me very happy to look back and realize I made the right choice 100%!
  • unreliable
    - 2/11/2020
    safak  User Photo
    safak • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn

Failed miserably. Extremely unprofessional, not reliable, disorganized.

Let me summarize my experience.

After some experience in theoretical math, I wanted to make something more concrete. So I decided to go to a boot camp for data analysis in Berlin, where I live.

Since Ironhack was the cheapest one among others (still not so cheap, 7500 euros for 9 weeks), I was inclined to get the course offered by Ironhack. Here is what happened afterward:

1- Three weeks ago I contacted them and we made a 1-hour in-person meeting with Mr. López on the 31st of January.

In that meeting, Mr. López told me that I might be overqualified yet we both agreed that I should take their technical assessment. He also asked me to go over their preparation material. The assessment was set to the 4th of Feb.

2- Over the weekend I went over the material that took app. 5 hours.

3- I went to Ironhack to take the test. The TA who was supposed to execute the assessment told me that I was supposed to bring my own computer. But I was not told that I had to bring my own computer. So, this tech company told me that their company laptop was stolen and they are unable to provide me a laptop so that they could execute the assessment test. We had a nice 1-hour long chat with the TA. He was a nice guy who is a recent (last summer) graduate of one of the other boot camps.

4- Since the assessment failed, we organized a second meeting (this time online) for today. Yet, this morning I got an email saying

- they thank me very much for my participation in their admissions process for the last couple of weeks.

- But sadly they have to inform me that their TA is out sick today and the March course has also been filled to capacity, which means they won't be able to interview me at this moment.

- They also add that they know this is a bit of a short notice, but hey!!! as it is in tech, things tend to happen very quickly.

- They also wished me the very best in my next endeavors.

I was in contact with these people for around two and a half weeks, they asked me to go over tasks which cost my time, yet they didn't inform me that the capacity was about to fill.

I replied to their email and summarized the above to them as well. I ended my email as follows:

"...
    After all these, now, this morning, 4 hours before my technical assessment, Ironhack realizes that they have only one TA and no empty spot for the next month's course. You neither sound reasonable, nor believable.

I am glad that I learned the way Ironhack works before I spent 7500 euros. Apparently, Ironhack is an untrustworthy company.
    "

They thanked me for my email.
  • Data Full Time
    - 2/11/2020
    Rafael Suffredini  User Photo
    Rafael Suffredini • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I ended up choosing Data Analytics because I wanted to supplement my work experience and have something that would help me standout to recruiters. Its been 4 months since my cohort graduated and I have since found a job. Besides helping me achieve my professional goals and adding new skills to my toolkit, the experience was also fun and i'll definitely look back fondly to the long hours spent with my cohort. The full time programs are all very demanding of your time and energy. If you're a complete newcomer to coding, I suggest dedicating as much time as possible to the pre-work. Also, brushing up on statistics is a good idea for data analytics. The only caveat I have about the full time program is that it passes very quickly. Before you know it you will be working on your final project. I remember thinking an extra few weeks would have been nice, I think a sweet spot would be about 12 weeks. Either way, if I could i'd do the whole thing over again.
  • Life-Changers
    - 2/7/2020
    Dave Jean  User Photo
    Dave Jean • Data Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Last year, around this time I felt like I was stuck in a dead-end career in the Social Work field and felt that my future career-wise was bleak. I applied to FIU to start their MBA program last January to give myself more options, and in the process of looking for immediate ways to change my career, I found their Bootcamp through FIU's alumni website. Getting admitted into IronHack for me was a Godsend. It's easily one of the best decisions, I've made in life. Their full-time Data Analytics course taught me so much, from learning general End-to-End Analysis to getting a grip on an amazing language such as Python. My career possibilities changed tremendously. Our instructor Himanshu was absolutely amazing, patient in the lessons and always made time to give us individual attention to keep up. Our TA Tom was always happy to help when we'd hit those frustrating walls. Outside of our class, the IronHack staff, in general, was amazing, from Jessica to Nicole, and even the teachers from the other cohorts, making sure we were comfortable in our learning environment. The best part of it all was the relationship I developed with Brito, our Talent Manager. God is working through this man to completely change lives. He is as we say the G.O.A.T. He's helped countless students including through our Hiring process, and keeping his counsel got me to where I'm at today. Now starting my new career, I am eternally grateful to this program, Himanshu and Brito for changing my life.