ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Miami, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers 9-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development, UX/UI design, and data analytics bootcamps in Miami, Florida; Madrid and Barcelona, Spain; Paris, France; Mexico City, Mexico; and Berlin, Germany. Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning.

The admissions process for each program includes submitting a written application, a personal interview, and then a technical interview.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 1,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer or UX/UI designer upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (815) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (25) articles about Ironhack →
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

LocationMadrid, Paris
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Deposit750€
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

HTML, User Experience Design, CSS
    Start Date January 20, 2020
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City
    This 8 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelNone.
    Prep WorkThe Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
    January 20, 2020 - Miami Apply by December 30, 2019
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Part-Time)

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design, CSS
    Start Date May 31, 2020
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Mexico City
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Deposit750€ or 9,000$MXN
    Financing options available* with competitive interest rates. Skills Fund + Climb Credit

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic algorithms and notions of object oriented programming.
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins/
    May 31, 2020 - Miami Apply by May 10, 2020
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

In Person
    Start Date January 20, 2020
    LocationAmsterdam, Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.
    • Monthly instalments available for 12, 24, 36 months (Quotanda)

Scholarship$1,000 Scholarship for women.
    January 20, 2020 - Miami Apply by December 30, 2019
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, Express.js, Node.js, Front End
    Start Date May 31, 2020
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City
    May 31, 2020 - Miami Apply by May 10, 2020

• Alberto • Graduate

My experience at Ironhack was simply amazing. The teachers and TAs treated me great. There, we were all like a family and we always helped each other.
    I learned a lot especially because I entered at Ironhack without having any base of knowledge.
    Amazing course.

• Cristina • Front-End Developer and Designer • Graduate

The overall experience has been AWESOME. Although the bootcamp is exhausting and demands so much effort.

People make it incredible.

The nice environment and the cool activities after and during the lessons come included! The Stuff is doing quality control Typeforms and 1 on 1 interviews every week so everything is perfect!

There's nothing really to complain about :) Now the bootcamp is over and there's a bittersweet feeling. I really needed this to finish but I'll miss it a lot!

The only thing I could say is... during the hiring day, there were so many work opportunities requiring React and this is a pitty :( Maybe, and just maybe, they should teach React instead of Angular.

Anyway, if you're dubtful, go ahead with Ironhack, it's the best thing to do.

• Laura García • Graduate
    I studied Industrial design and just before becoming an ironhacker I used to design satellites for Airbus Space.
    My experience at Ironhack has involved a mixture of feelings, from absolute joy to physical and mental exhaustion, even frustration sometimes, but overall it has been amazing. I have spent the past two months with the most amazing bunch of people in the world.
    We've had several teachers and I have learnt a lot form all of them. Now I can develop a digital product end-to-end, I have acquired a handful lot of techniques and resources that I can apply to the projects I'll face in the future. Also I have learn the value of listening to your users and how failing early and testing often is vital to keep you in the game!
    I have enjoyed the experience a lot, but I think that the thing I've liked most (and the thing I'll miss most) is the comradeship we've developed within this 2 months. We've leant on each other and we've learnt everything we could from one another.
  • Carlo Padrón Gómez • Student

Before my UX/UI bootcamp in IronHack I was studying Computer Sciences and ADE at UC3M, I also did the Web Development Bootcamp two years ago.

The experience went really well overall in both bootcamps. Some weeks were very stressful, but it’s nice to learn to live situations of pressure. Time have past really fast and I will miss spending my time here.

I learned to teamwork, I learned a lot of new methodologies and I acquired a really good basis to continue developing my career as a designer.

The things that I liked the most were meeting a lot of really good people, the networking and the good vibes of the place.

• Amazing experience!
    - 12/17/2017
    Rosa • Graduate

I used to work in Advertising, developing and ideating digital strategies for brands. As an advertising creative and designer, I always felt that it was something missing in my design process. Everything I developed was based on my experience and intuition. That's when I discovered Ironhack and joined them thanks to a Wallapop Scholarship. The best about Ironhack is that you learn x3. You learn from your teachers, from your classmates, and from former students. Furthermore, Ironhack culture helps you get the best of you without giving up the social part. You end up with an up to date knowledge, autonomy to keep learning every day and the best connections in the industry.

• Lule • Graduate

Before Ironhack I worked as an architect in Germany. As I love design in all its forms and wanted to get into the digital world, I got into the UX Bootcamp when I returned to Madrid, and I have discovered that the architecture and the world of the UX / UI have a lot to do.

The Ironhack experience has been incredible, not only for the amount of things we have learned but also for the human quality of the entire team (teachers, TAs and staff) and my colleagues. I have made many friends!

I have learned EVERYTHING! Research and UX tools, design principles, typography and color palettes, to look for references and where to look for them ... But above all methodologies and different ways of working, because we had 6 different teachers, each one a crack in their own way, and each taught us a different way of understanding the issues, focused on one point or another and taught you examples of the real world, so at all times we had contact with the world of work and what we were going to do next.

What I liked the most was without a doubt the people. From Ironhack, camaraderie and teamwork are very much encouraged and then when it comes to work it shows and is wonderful. The level of demand is high and we must take the final project forward in just 2 weeks! Working hand in hand with your colleagues not only helps you in many moments but also makes the experience more enjoyable. Not only among the UX colleagues but also with the web ones. It is incredible to be proposing a project and to be able to talk to a programmer about the doubts that arise.

It has undoubtedly been a wonderful experience that I would recommend to anyone who is considering getting into the world of UX.

• Francisco Trujillo • Graduate

Ironhack’s UX/UI design bootcamp was pretty intense. Be prepared to go from zero to hero in eight weeks with the help of their amazing staff, industry leading guest speakers, mentors, leaders and teachers. My cohort had five different teachers who brought forth their own special skill set to the particular module they taught. Horacio, our TA, was an iron hack grad and was always there for us. Ironhack is located in Building Inc which is a hub for several start ups in the Miami tech eco system which makes it a very motivating environment to work in. While and after your time at Ironhack, Brito- Ironhack’s placements manager  takes you on his own career bootcamp. He helps you polish up your resume, interview skills, and portfolio in order to get you in the right direction after you graduate. Overall they have a system which seems to work regardless if you are someone trying to brush up on skills or wanting to change careers. Definitely be prepared to put in work, sacrifice time and all that good stuff. The resources and network is there for success at Ironhack. It’s all in what you make of it.

• Great experience!
    - 11/24/2017
    M Iturri • Graduate

I recently graduated from the UX/UI  full-time bootcamp in Miami. It was an amazing experience. The class structure and the instructors were great. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to enter the field or to learn about the field regardless of your experience. My background is in business / entrepreneur and I was trying to find a way to put an idea into a MVP to look for investors. This class helped me to understand all the available tools to make your job easier and also some techniques to make the process of building an App systematic and consistent. Although my intention was not to become a full time UX/UI designer, these new set of skills complements my background very well.

• Dare Ironhack Paris
    - 11/24/2017
    Mejdi ARFAOUI • Project Manager • Graduate

/*very good courses, teachers and staff, I enjoyed to be ironhacker.

I liked all what I did: "my realisations, my job etc...".

Without any doubt, i recommand ironhack*/

if (youAreLookingFor = aGoodDevBootcamp ){

}

else if (youAreLookingForDesignBootcamp) {

}

else {

alert("you will miss your chance :p jajaja")

};

• Amazing experience
    - 11/23/2017
    Dharma • Graduate

Ironhack is the best school I've ever been. They have an environment full of good vibes and extraordinary people. During the course, they help you believe in you and reach the goal at all times even when the course ends. I am fortunate to have been through this course.

I have to say Nizar (the instructor) is the BEST. He helps you go through everything and makes sure you truly understand what he teaches you. And Brito, he just never gives up on you. He truly wants to make sure you end up where you actually want to be.

• Daniel Hoffens • Solution Architect • Graduate

I first heard about Ironhack because I lived close to their Miami campus and saw they were having a workshop on HTML/CSS. I had done some basic web dev back in school but hadn't touched it in years. Being in the classroom for the workshop brought back all the fun I had in initially building awful looking myspace pages and the like using only a laptop. I was hooked.

I soon applied for the full-stack web bootcamp, leaving a good job at the time because I knew this bootcamp would take me in the direction I wanted to go. I wanted to be able to build applications to help my teams and clients, and knew that I had enough curiosity and perseverance to actually likely make it happen.

This bootcamp is no walk in the park. I quit my job, didn't go out with friends, and focused as much of my energy as humanly possible on grasping the changing concepts. Each day we had a morning lesson, exercises, an afternoon lesson, and then a night project. While instructors did help those in the class that were falling behind, the class moves fast and you have to give it your all to progress. The instructors were not only an intelligent, hardworking group, they took care of each question that came about, and often stayed after hours to help with projects, going far above and beyond. The classmates were a driven bunch. It was exciting seeing each person, coming from vastly different backgrounds, excelling and struggling at different stages.

After the bootcamp, we all make one final application during a 2 week sprint, and then present these to Ironhack and the community, a group of maybe 80-100. Afterwards networking happens and then its on you!

I found a full stack web developer role a few months after graduation, through a recruiter friend of mine from back home. This did require me moving back to Philadelphia from Miami, which was a little sad but it is a reality. Please don't assume that you will immediately find a job right where you studied, you may have to pick up and move to find something!

In conclusion, I highly recommend the Ironhack experience. You will learn the basics of full stack web development. You will learn how to make real, production applications. You'll learn about the nuances that are in modern web development, and learn what you need to learn next. If you work hard enough, you will be able to convince hiring managers that you are now an entry level software engineer.

• Just Do it!
    - 11/22/2017
    Keri • Graduate

I was at a fork in the road when I first started researching Ironhack, I wasn't sure what direction was the right one for me. After speaking/meeting with the staff, they were extremely helpful in order for me to make the right choice for my goals and interests in the most non-pressuring way. The whole entire staff was readily available and willing to help me from start to graduation and I will be forever grateful for them and the knowledge/skills I have gained from IH.

Finding UX/UI was like finding my soul mate, and without IH I most likely would have had the chance to find my passion and make a career out of it.

From our fantastic campus, brilliant instructors, and speakers this life-changing experience cannot be summed up in one tiny review...all you need to know is...just do it, okay! You won't regret it!

• Great Program!
    - 11/21/2017
    Stephen R • Graduate

Ironhack is a great place to start a new career!  They have a great program to get you coding, working in teams and ready for your actual first day on the job.

• frederic • Student

To simply explain my journey at IronHack: I knew nothing about JavaScript 3 monthes ago, and now I'm working on a project started at IronHack with still some help from the staff!

Lessons are intense but great with a really good atmosphere where each student helping each other to get the better of themselves!  the teachers are awesome and they work REALLY hard to provide us with the best material. They are always available and willing to help you to understand what you are doing, even the weekend! That's unvaluable !!
    The curriculum focuses on JavaScript: Great and very powerful technology, with VueJs it allows you to build great product in no time but with a lot of work ! The best thing with IronHack : you are abble to keep learning and you benefit with a great and constant help from the teachers.

If you want to deep in the code, IronHack will provide you great tools and support to do it. It's hard work but it's worth it !!!

And cherry on the cake: you will meet great people (students and teachers...and the IronHack staff)!

• David P. • Student

This really was an outstanding experience on so many levels!

First, IronHack makes sure the curriculum is in synch with the latest developments in the tech industry (think ES6, Vue.js, Bootsrtrap etc.) so you end up with skills that are relevant on the market.

As a matter of fact, a bootcamp is very intense, so be prepared for a rough ride, with much knowledge to absorb, a good dose of frustration and a few doubting moments to overcome. True, the learning process is exhilarating at times and painful at other, but always keep the faith that with time and practice you will progress, understand and succeed.

The bootcamp can fit many profiles from total newbies (as myself before bootcamp) to people with some knowledge of computer science or that have already dabbled with programming. Hence, our cohort was quite heterogeneous in terms of levels and goals, but it created a healthy emulation where co-students and assistants were always supportive to students that were most challenged.

Ultimately, as a student I am amazed by how much we have learned and achieved in a span of only 9 weeks. Yet, it is also very humbling to realise that there is still so much more to learn and that some advanced topics are just out of the reach of jr. devs. One thing I realised as well, is that programming is a craftsmanship that requires hours upon hours of practice and hands-on experience and no one can become a programmer overnight. Nevertheless, a bootcamp is simply the perfect kick-starter that will provide you with the basic skillset to be able to learn by yourself.

In a nutshell, I can assert that thanks to IronHack I have grown from code illiterate to code literate, which is truly life-changing.

If your goal is to be recruited as a jr. dev after the bootcamp, I recommend that you enter the bootcamp as much prepared as possible (do online tutorials, watch YT vids, check as many resources as possible etc.).

Hats off to the staff for, although we were only the second Parisian cohort, the bootcamp was already a fine-tuned machine very well connected with the French tech ecosystem.

A very special mention to the teaching staff (teachers and assistants) who were extremely skilled and whose dedication was just out of this world...

Pricing wise, definitely reasonably priced for its value and a well worth investment.

• Marifer • Full Stack Web Developer - JavaScript, MongoDB, Express, Angular 4, Node.js • Graduate

Ironhack was one of my best experiences, a great personal and professional transformation.

The environment and the teachers are incredible, from the first moment you get soaked in the course, it is intense, but all this you carry with the help of your classmates, because not only learn from the teachers, but also from them, that's something you don't have when you study online, and the difference is very noticeable.

• My way
    - 11/8/2017
    Javier • Graduate
    Fue en la etapa en la que estaba lanzando mi primera startup, KAME, cuando gracias a un grupo de inversores que apostaron por nuestro proyecto nos aportaron grandes conocimientos en distintos campos antes totalmente desconocidos por mi parte. Uno de los que más me asombró y al cual estaba convencido que podría sernos de gran utilidad era todo lo relacionado al UX. Me decidí por Ironhack por recomendación en multitud de eventos para emprendedores.
    Me atrevería a decir que el curso superó en expectativas lo que yo tenía previsto. Tengo un perfil de desarrollo de negocio más que de diseño de UI y aún así el bootcamp me enseñó la cantidad de aplicaciones en el área de UX que se trasladaban a la gestión de la propia startup.
    Planteándome estoy de complementar mis conocimientos con el área de desarrollo código web
  • Increible!
    - 11/3/2017
    Carlos • Full Stack Developer • Graduate

Ironhack ha sido una experiencia increible, una completa transformación personal!

Es una decisión importante, y para mi ha sido la mejor que pude tomar para dar el cambio profesional que quería.

Desde el minuto 1 estás inmerso en el curso, intenso, sin tregua, y todo ello lo llevas perfectamente gracias al equipo y ante todo a los compañeros. Al insistir tanto por su parte en el compañerismo terminas por crear una piña que va a una, y eso se nota mucho!

Experiencia que volvería a repetir sin dudarlo!

• Elias Mas • Graduate
    Before entering Ironhack I worked as a Civil Engineer and I felt it was time for a change. I was always interested in the tech field and after pondering several options I decided to enrole in the UX UI Bootcamp as I felt it was the right fit for me, not only because of the topics covered but also because of the immersive study plan.

My advice to future students would be: prepare to say good bye to your social life for eight weeks, but also prepare to enjoy. The syllabus is compelling and work oriented, the teachers are fully dedicated, and hopefully you´ll meet people as amusing and interesting as I did.

And last but not least: Ironhack´s staff will get you in touch with people and companies working in the field during the last week´s hiring event so you will hit the ground running. Rest assured that your hard work will most probably pay-off, almost all of my colleagues (including me) are now working in this rapidly growing field.
  • IT'S A BIG YES
    - 10/16/2017
    moulines • Student

One of the best experience in web dev I ever have. I join Iron hack to imrove my skill in web dev and with the help of great teachers and a team who will help you whatever ypu need. I really improve my skills in HTML, CSS, Node.js and Vue.js. You work on small project with a group so you wilo get a nice level at the end of this stage even you're a very newbie in webdev.

• Fernando Rodríguez

1. Lo que me animo a hacer ironhack era aprender a programar ya que no tenía ni idea. Yo quería aprender a programar porque siempre se me ocurrían ideas para emprender pero al final no las emprendía por no poder lanzar una web, plataforma o lo que fuera. Pensé que o sabía programar o no iba a poder emprender nada por mi mismo y menos a esta edad sin recursos. Además, sabía que igualmente este conocimiento me iba a venir bien en un futuro de todas todas. Ya por último solo me quedaba elegir un buen curso, ya que una vez intente hacer algo de coursera pero pase, y me puse a buscar. A simple vista y sin tener ni idea el vuestro parecía el mejor. Luego resulta que acerté ya que aprendí mucho más de lo que me esperaba.

2. Lo que más me gustó fue sin duda lo aprendido y el trato de compañeros y staff. Desde Marc y Papu, hasta los TAs, hasta LLuis, Álvaro, Anto, etc. Creo también que hacéis por facilitar un bootcamp cómodo en cuanto a cocinona, ironhack abierto siempre, etc.

3. Mi experiencia global un 10 de verdad, sobre todo porque a parte de la amistad, ha sido la vez que más he aprendido sobre algo en poco tiempo y, esto era realmente lo que me interesaba, aprender.

4. He aprendido básicamente todo lo que enseñabais y más. Yo creo que lo importante es saber luego manejarse como programador, ya que he seguido desarrollando por mi cuenta un par de semanas y he aprendido, por ejemplo, a gestionar los tokens para logins y eso entre otras cosas. Creo que las dos ultimas semanas me ayudaron a consolidar todos los conceptos y que, realmente las semanas de proyecto son importantes para aprender a moverse como un programador y saber luego sacarte las castañas del fuego ante cualquier error o bug.

• Juan Macías • Full Stack Developer • Student

Ha sido una de las mejores experiencias de mi vida, desde antes de llegar me han ayudado muchísimo todo el equipo de Ironhack. Una vez aquí, siempre hay algo nuevo por hacer. Nuestro  Lead Teacher Marc Pomar sin duda explica fenomenal y no hay ni una duda que me haya quedado pendiente por contestar.

Los compañeros son increibles, porque el espíritu Ironhack que se respira desde el primer día nos motivan para ayudar a los compañeros y nos enseñan mucho sobre la frustración.

Además, la Hiring Week funciona, es decir, la semana de contratación vinieron 30 empresas a entrevistarnos a los alumnos (unos 18) y prácticamente todos hemos salido con trabajo.

Es una experiencia muy grande y que volvería a vivir en mi vida.

• Diego • Founder Billin • Applicant

If you wanna start coding using the last stacks that are really demanded on the market this is the place, amazing environment, outstanding teachers and awesome community.

• Laura López • UX/UI Designer • Graduate

Ironhack me ha ayudado a prepararme para optar a un puesto de UX/UI design con lo que actualmente se está pidiendo en el mercado y me ha enseñado a seguir investigando sobre lo que se debe hacer para avanzar en mi carrera profesional. Muchas gracias a todo el equipo de Ironhack por hacerlo posible.
  • Arnau Guadall • Frontend developer • Graduate
    It's been 9 intensive weeks but at the end it really paids off because you learn a lot by doing and that it's really important.