ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Miami, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers 9-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development, UX/UI design, and data analytics bootcamps in Miami, Florida; Madrid and Barcelona, Spain; Paris, France; Mexico City, Mexico; and Berlin, Germany. Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning.

The admissions process for each program includes submitting a written application, a personal interview, and then a technical interview.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 1,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer or UX/UI designer upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (723) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (26) articles about Ironhack →
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

Madrid, Paris
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    750€
    Basic programming knowledge
    40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
    Interview
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

HTML, User Experience Design, CSS
    Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City
    This 8 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    None.
    The Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
    Interview
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Part-Time)

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design, CSS
    Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Mexico City
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    750€ or 9,000$MXN
    Financing options available* with competitive interest rates. Skills Fund + Climb Credit
    Basic programming skills, basic algorithms and notions of object oriented programming.
    40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins/
    Interview
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

In Person
    Amsterdam, Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.
    $1000
    Monthly instalments available for 12, 24, 36 months (Quotanda)
    $1,000 Scholarship for women.
    Interview
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, Express.js, Node.js, Front End
    September 21, 2019
    Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City
    $1000
    September 21, 2019 - ParisApply by August 21, 2019

• Claudia Sanchez  User Photo
    Claudia Sanchez • Customer Success Associate at Nuvola • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

For perspective: I enrolled in the full-time web development boot camp after receiving an Uber scholarship award. I graduated from Ironhack in June 2018 and went on to find a job three months later in early September.

When I first started the course, I had no previous experience in coding, was barely comfortable with a Mac (yes, you read that correctly), and I was WORKING (part-time). If you can avoid working, please do, because this course WILL require time outside of the 400 hours you are put through, and then some.

I was amazed by how knowledgeable our instructor (Nick) and TA's were (I'm talking about you Sandra and Marcos!) as well as the sense of community that is evident from the day you first walk in. Aside from the facts that my cohort missed out on Nizar and that we constantly had to skip over lessons just due to the pace at which we had to learn, I can honestly say that everything is set up for you to succeed. The curriculum is constantly changing with the latest and greatest so that's a huge plus too.

This will be hard. It will challenge you, you'll learn something new every day, and you'll have to put in a lot of work and effort outside of the classroom. But it will be worth it.

I'll end with a final note on my experience during the job hunt and the awesomeness of Daniel Brito (the Outcomes Manager). Don't you dare go ghost on Brito during your job hunt. He's your wing-man, your therapist, your cheerleader on the sidelines and more -as long as you Slack him first. It took me three months after graduating (and A LOT of rejection) to land the job I'll be starting in a few weeks. Don't be afraid to hear no. Keep trying, and, if you're trying to land a web dev role, KEEP CODING. And even if you're not, KEEP LEARNING. Don't be afraid to think outside the box when it comes to jobs - there are other roles willing to pay you for the skills you acquired - my current role doesn't require coding, but the skill helped me land it. Brito was there throughout the entire process, constantly keeping track of my progress, and rooting for me the entire time.

I'm grateful to have gone through this experience because it really did change my life. I've made friendships that'll last me a lifetime and the return on my investment was better than I could've imagined.

• Alexis  User Photo
    Alexis • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have just finished the 9-week UX/UI Design bootcamp in Ironhack Paris, and I'm happy to say it's one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.

After a few years working in advertising, I wanted to dive into the digital world, working on a product that would evolve over time, and would make its user's life easier. That's why I decided to attend the UX/UI design bootcamp in Ironhack Paris, after looking for different learning options online, and getting recommendations from friends.

During this bootcamp, you will learn the full UX/UI design process, mixing theory and actual case studies to apply your knowledge. For your final project, you will work with a real company on an actual brief (in my case a start up specialised in car logistics), which is super interesting, and gives you a sneak peek of your future professional life as a UX/UI designer.

It is definitely an intense program, where you have to assimilate lots of knowledge in a limited amount of time. You won't be alone though: my other fellow students were really supportive of each other, and the teachers are always there to help you, challenge you in every decision you make, to push you out of your comfort zone.

Overall, this bootcamp helped me to always challenge myself, discover new skills, to be ready for taking my career to a new level, thanks also to a career support program that helps you find the  best company to work for after the bootcamp.

Oh and the perks: you will be in the beautiful building of WeWork in the heart of Paris (10min walk from the Champs-Elysees), with a nice rooftop to enjoy (free) beers in the evening! :-)

Lastly, this bootcamp is quite pricey but I can assure you it is definitely worth it, if you want to switch career to become a UX/UI designer!

• IronSucess
    - 9/6/2018
    Jose Maldonado  User Photo
    Jose Maldonado • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Graduated from Ironhack August 2018. I came in with a CS degree in my pocket, but let me tell you there was so much learn. Ironhack provided the material and mentorship to excel in the classroom, as well as provided an environment conductive to learning. It was hard, but worth it!

• Alma  User Photo
    Alma • UX/UI design graduate • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Last Christmas I met a UX designer from San Francisco who was on vacation in Mexico City. He told me he worked at a startup that helps immigrants in the US to have access to education. In three years, that company had already helped more than 1K people. "I want to have a job like that!" I told him. I enjoyed working as a graphic designer in an advertising agency, but I wanted more. I was not fulfilled. Six months later, I was studying UX/UI design in Ironhack and I can say that this has been one of my best decisions I have made. It was difficult at first because the course is quite intense and demanding, but it's worth it. In addition, the Ironhack staff is very supportive and prepare you to be competitive and find a good job in a matter of weeks.

Moreover, at the hiring fair we had the opportunity to meet people from high profile companies such as Bancomer, Liverpool, Clip, Multiplica and many more.

I will always be grateful to them for helping me achieve my goals.

• Meri  User Photo
    Meri • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I’ve just finished the full-time web development bootcamp with Ironhack (May-August 2018) where we learned MEAN stack development. The course covers a wide range of topics and gives you all the tools needed to start your career as a junior developer, however to get the best out of the course, it’s important to be fully invested and to know what outcomes you want from your bootcamp.

- the negatives –
    There is a big importance on team building within the class and with the other cohorts happening at the same time, but at times this can feel a bit forced. If you’re not very social, this can be tiring.

Scheduling/organization seems to be a bit of an issue. Some examples: having (somewhat required) career prep sessions or activities during our lunch breaks, never receiving reinforcement lessons, catching up on courses during our project weeks, etc. This probably depends a lot of the cohort and the other factors, but some things just seemed last second and/or badly timed.

+ the positives +
    The materials are good, and the staff is nice, but the stand out was our instructor, Nizar. He is truly an excellent teacher; enthusiastic and very clear in his manner of explaining (simple and complex) concepts. I could not have asked for a better instructor for the course.

The career services were also super helpful. The Outcomes Manager, Dina, helped us with our resumes, rebranding, and explaining our background to recruiters. We got to meet with many companies, as well as recruitment sites. I most certainly feel that without the connections of Ironhack, I would not have had as much exposure to companies looking for junior developers.

Three weeks after the bootcamp, I had three offers from very interesting companies. I can honestly say that none of that would have been possible without Ironhack.

*For future students, a knowledge of French will be helpful. It won’t cause any problems during the course, but it can ease communication with classmates/TAs and future employers.

I am overall super happy with the program! If you want to learn web development, join Ironhack.

• Gyasik Nunez  User Photo
    Gyasik Nunez • Jr. Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

First off, let me start this review by saying that I was a part of the full-time web dev cohort in January of 2018 and I graduated in March 2018. So this has nothing to do with any current instructor - just to be clear before I start. I waited this long to write a review because I wanted to see how I felt after the course and wait until I found a job (which I did) and how I felt at work in terms of preparation and knowledge.

I want to start by saying that both of my TA's at the time (Sandra & Jessica) we're both incredibly amazing and super helpful throughout the entire course. If it wasn't for them I probably would not have finished the course and I would not be where I am today. Sandra knows the material so well and honestly, should have been our lead instructor. I know others in my class felt the same way.

After extensive research and planning, I ultimately decided to attend Ironhack over other boot camps because of 3 things: The lead instructor Nizar who has a great reputation, the curriculum looked more modern and promising over other schools, and Brito also has a great reputation for job placement.

The night before my class started we all received a message on Slack from a guy named Louis, introducing himself as our lead instructor for the entire cohort. I immediately contacted someone about it because I wasn't happy about Nizer teaching the course as that was one of my main reasons for attending Ironhack. Changing lead instructors pretty much last minute and not informing the students prior to the class beginning was a huge failure on Ironhacks part and I felt we really got screwed over. They obviously needed someone asap to teach the course because Nizar was transferring to the campus in Paris. I spoke to multiple people about the issue and no one really seemed to care. To make things shorter we were left with a subpar instructor who was previously teaching Ruby in Japan. Not being able to do anything about the situation (I already had quit my full-time job for this) I decided to give it a chance and do the class. From the first week, I could tell that there was something off about him. He did not know the material at all, he could not fix the bugs in our code, knew nothing about Angular and honestly I don't think he even knew how to code in JavaScript as he was just following along in the lessons line for line and encountering errors he could not fix, ultimately leaving us with a bunch of code and projects that don't fully work as intended. Louis became more and more unprofessional as the cohort went on, saying to students how he "didn't really want to be a programmer" & how 1 or 2 weeks before the class ended he had "already purchased a plane ticket back to Japan for his girlfriend". He would often leave in the middle of the day leaving the work for the TA's to manage and ourselves. I would ask him for help multiple times when I would get stuck and he was not able to help me or even point me in the right direction. I would go to Sandra right after and she immediately knew what was wrong with my code. When it came time for Module 3 of the course & the Angular portion of the material, he was pretty much a ghost. He knew nothing about the framework and Sandra our TA, taught the class for the entire remainder of the course, which helped everyone out a lot. During this time, he sat in the back of the room on his computer or left early. The fact that Ironhack allowed this to go on and didn't offer any sort of help or compensation for it really bothers me to this day. I quit my job dropped everything and paid good money to go there and we shouldn't have had to deal with this sort of thing. But of course business is business as usual and that's more important to them it seemed.

Lead instructor aside, I feel the curriculum has flaws but is pretty solid as far as material. My two biggest issues with the curriculum were that the Canvas portion was WAY too long and honestly completely useless unless you're going to build browser games at work (which you probably won't). I feel like we could have used all that time to focus more on fundamentals of JavaScript which was lacking and something more realistic to prepare you for the real world. My second issue is that there were WAY too many bugs in the curriculum. Since Louis was never able to fix the bugs during the class, he would often stop that portion of the lesson and continue on to something else because of time, and leaving us with a bunch of repositories and examples that don't work. The curriculum should be reviewed, re-written, and tested thoroughly before presenting it to students so everyone can finish their lessons and in-class assignments. I would suggest hiring someone to do this if they haven't since then.

I gave 3 stars for my overall experience because at the end of the day my classmates were all awesome and I had a really good time. The campus is great, everyone is friendly, and it's a really cool experience. My TA's were awesome and honestly, I would give 5 stars if I wasn't stuck with an awful lead instructor.

Last but not least, Brito (Outcomes manager) is really awesome and a great guy. He helped me a lot during career week and even took time out of his day post-career week to video call me and help me out with my job search. He gave a bunch of in-person job search help sessions 2 times a month after the cohort ended and I was able to learn a lot of great techniques and special ways to get in contact with employers and was able to effectively land interviews. He was always available on slack to communicate and responded quickly. This man gets 5/5 stars and I would give him more stars if I could. Super helpful guy and Ironhack students are very lucky to have him!

I was able to find a job a little over 2 months post-graduation and I started working as a Jr. Software Developer in June 2018. I'm still here and I really love my job. Although I did not feel ready AT ALL after the class ended because of our unfortunate circumstances, I decided to keep coding every day once the class finished and did a couple courses on Udemy to keep my knowledge fresh and continue pursuing being a developer while getting interviews. I can honestly say that if you don't continue coding once the class is done - it's over. It's tough to motivate yourself daily to put in the work but in my case, it definitely paid off and I'm super happy I pushed myself to get there. I deal with imposter syndrome every single day but I know that with time things will start to click and things will get easier. This is not an easy job at all.

My advice to anyone who wants to take the course is to really make sure who your lead instructor is going to be and regularly ask to make sure that person is still going to be teaching so your not hit with any surprises the night before class starts. I would suggest doing some online courses on Udemy before starting the class as it will really help you progress faster. Looking back, I wish I would have been better prepared and I know what I would have done differently now that I'm done. You can't learn everything in 9 weeks! Spend a few months learning the material before you start, it will help a lot. And listen to Brito!

• namrata gandhi  User Photo
    namrata gandhi • ux ui designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I graduated from Ironhack Miami's UX/UI full-time boot camp this August. This program is by far one of the most amazing opportunities I have ever found myself being a part of. After graduating college in may, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I came across user design experiences through the school General Assembly but found that they did not offer user interface which I wanted to learn. Ironhack is one of the only institutions in the country which offer both. And from what I've learned, only learning UX is not viable enough to take into the workforce, you need to learn interface as well.

I graduated with a bachelors in art history and had been craving to go into the creative field. At first, I was unsure about Ironhack and was scared to make a move from New York to Miami to participate in this program. But my fears were soon gone after my very first day at Ironhack. The first day, our fantastic TA's told us by the end of the nine weeks, our cohort would become not only our friends but our family. This learning environment is unlike any other I have seen throughout my schooling career. David Fast, my instructor, is a TRUE visionary. He is brilliant, driven, and cares about his students in a way I have never seen in the American school system before. The work environment is so beautiful at building co. You gain the insights of people from their vast background, and you end up growing with your classmates, and they help build you up throughout the entire course. I can go on for hours about ironhack, but all I can say is... if you can take the time to take this course... it will change your perspective, your motivations, and your life in the most wonderful way. I recommend it from the bottom of my heart. I miss ironhack so much and hopefully, one day ill have the opportunity to participate in the web dev class as well. All the best, and good luck!

• R Ortiz  User Photo
    R Ortiz • Freelance Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from the Ironhack Miami, Full Time Full Stack Web Development boot camp in August 2018

I went to Ironhack to learn, hands on and specialize myself in web development after having self studied over two years on my own.

Was it worth it? Yes. Did I learn anything? A ton. Was it hard? Oh yes it was.

The Ironhack curriculum and training is intensive. It will definitely require more than 400 hours in 9 weeks, on your own time, besides your class time as well, mastering the craft in becoming a full stack developer. The hours will be spent in class will also require you to work at home and complete your class assignments, especially during your project weeks.

It is intensive, fast paced, rigorous and incredibly demanding, but everything's done for you to succeed. If you can make it through the Ironhack curriculum, you can make it through anything else tech or life throws at you with an incredible confidence knowing that you know what you know. The instructors are always present as well as the Teachers Assistants. You are not alone as your classmates are going through the same things as you, are here too, working together as one cohort, in unity, fear not, you will always get some help when needed and if your not afraid to ask.

Of course in Tech you won't know everything there is to know when you graduate, but you'll be prepared to have an incredible kick start and keep improving a lot faster than if you didn't attend Ironhack and tried to learn on your own. There are many that can learn well on their own by self study. It's possible. With Ironhack, my newfound skills and experience are now more solidified than ever. This is a lifelong learning commitment even after graduating. Just like breathing. If you are committed to coding, you can't stop coding. Commit. Commit. Commit. It will be woth it. You are worth it.

Your instructor Nick, is the Godfather of Code. If he can't fix it, the code doesn't exist. A gazillion thanks to Nick, all the Ta's, Brito and the Ironhack staff. An incredible life changing experience I will never forget and no longer have to hope for a better future.

Once you've graduated, you're always an Ironhacker. If you ever need anything during your job search, Brito is the man you can call and ask for help, advice, contacts, or even just drop by for events or just to say hello. Just be sure to slack him.

You must be willing to work hard. Not procrastinate and definitely don't hesitate Just go for it. One of the most important investments you will make in your life. This is by far, not an expense, but an incredible investment in yourself. The return is....priceless.

• Juliana Gregori  User Photo
    Juliana Gregori • UX/UI Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just recently graduated from the UX/UI Design full-time bootcamp at Ironhack Miami, and I had the time of my life. It was a very difficult and extremely challenging process for me, but the amount of knowledge and hands-on experience you acquire in only 2 months is amazing. Needless to say, the bootcamp experience is really not for the weak hearted. It pushes you beyond your limits and tests you on every level to really pull out the best within each student.

The most important skill I’ve learned during my time at Ironhack was to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. That’s essentially the nature of the course; it forces each student to enhance their strengths, but most importantly, work on their weaknesses. There is limited time to get assignments done, so exercising better time management is essential. There are presentations and public speaking almost every week, there is the constant exercise of accepting failure and making mistakes, and the idea that perfection is your enemy (so if there are any perfectionists out there, get ready to let go of this habit guys, because everything is actually supposed to be “Agile”). I also learned that throughout any UX/UI design process, the user should always be the guide, and you really have to follow and respect the process, never jump to solutions.

The staff at Ironhack was very helpful and most importantly, were always positive. It really helps to be surrounded by instructors and TA’s who believe in each student’s potential, who are ready to listen when you need to vent, who provide constructive feedback, any help needed or just be uplifting with optimistic comments. I am very grateful to everyone at Ironhack who guided me throughout the cohort: my teacher, David, my TA’s Hugo and Hector, my Web Dev week instructors Sandra and Colby, as well as Brito, our super dedicated Career Resources professional! They just made my time in the cohort extremely enjoyable and meaningful.

Also, being in such an amazing co-working environment such as Building, helped make the experience memorable. I really love it there, I always feel welcome and comfortable, like it is my home away from home. I have spent A LOT of time there, and I love the fact that students have access to the space 24/7 with the use of the fob (I didn’t want to return mine at the end of the cohort!). It is no wonder I would always tell people who asked me about the course that I would live at Building and sleep in Aventura. I cannot express enough how much I loooooved being in that space and am happy to return each time I visit. Everything about it was awesome: the classroom environment with the ability to write and ideate on the white walls, cover the glass walls with our sticky notes, the nook with the comfy couch on the 2nd floor, cafecito at 3:05 brought to us everyday by the very sweet ladies: Mercedes and Maria, and especially the rooftop with the beer on tap. It is just a great space to get inspired, work, and also to network.

The only cons I have for the cohort, is that I wish the course were longer. I personally think 3 months would be ideal, but if not, then at least 2 weeks extra so that the students can have more time to work with the web devs and also to better prepare for the hiring week. I felt an enormous amount of pressure to get my portfolio ready and honestly didn’t feel comfortable with what I presented to perspective employers. So it is important to have either an extra week to solely focus on that or to incorporate it more throughout the cohort (weekly check-ins on the progress, time for business cards to be made). It was constantly drilled into us that “the portfolio is what will get you hired”, so quality time to work on it is essential. Students will be better prepared and most likely result in more hires right out of the hiring fair. So, win win on both ends: great for the students as well as the school. Being able to work more closely with the web dev cohort is also essential in order to better prepare for the field. It would be great to work with them in fully developing one of our projects into a functional app, for example.

Overall, my experience at Ironhack was very positive and this was the best investment I have done for my career. I had to overcome a lot of personal difficulties and blockers along the road, but truthfully, there is nothing more fulfilling than when you overcome something that initially might seem impossible, whether that is fear of public speaking or just delivering assignments on time. I loved every minute of the cohort and will forever be a proud Ironhacker. I have made incredible friends, developed a great support system with the school, and am excited as well as ready for what is yet to come!!! Cheers!!!

• Maxime Légal  User Photo
    Maxime Légal • UX/UI designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The UX/UI Miami bootcamp was really an awesome experience, and this at different levels.
    • People I met there, my class, the teachers, the TAs, the web dev class and the staff are great. Everyone is on the same page, eager to work and bringing his skill and his good vibe to the table
    • The network it brings you is huge, it's opening you several doors and gives you a nice pit stop to boost your career
    • The content of the course is relevant and complete. David is a super pedagogue, and extremely attentive. Plus, we are working on three different projects which enable us to master the design thinking methodology at the end of the course.
    • What I learned: The complete methodology of design thinking, how to actually use the lean UX method and how to conduct proper research.
    • I feel ready to go on the market and I already had three mission offers after 3 weeks of graduation!
    • The staff was really competent, and I would like to thanks particularly Jess, Alia, Brito, and David for their work
    • Building and co, the cowering space was perfect and provides everything you need: a comfortable space to work, coffee and snack to refill at any time.
    To conclude, I would say that my experience at Ironhack was really complete, enlightening, and memorable.​
  • Valérie Linarès  User Photo
    Valérie Linarès • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Being a webdev in 9 scholar weeks... not exactly. Yes, you'll be a full stack webdev, used to good practices, 9 weeks after you started the bootcamp. But you'll start the bootcamp after a 2-3 weeks (full time) prework at home. And all over the bootcamp you'll have to also do extra-work late in the evening and during the week-ends. Should I have known that, I would have set up arrangements to stay close to the school during the week to be able to provide a 100% work. Anyway, it was a huge experience. Both the admin and teaching teams are awesome, and even if having the students learn so many things in a so short time sounds like a miracle... yes, they can! So... if your motivation and your energy are strong, just do Ironhack and enjoy!

• Ali Sattar  User Photo
    Ali Sattar • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I chose Ironhack because of its reputation, and from talking to actual IT recruiters in Miami who said Ironhack grads come out better-prepared than those from other similar bootcamps. The coursework is more rigorous so the grads themselves are better able to transition to actual real-world developer work / transition to other languages and frameworks better; and there's more job search / career prep.

Just be prepared to put in a ton of time and energy. The course moves fast, and it's easy to fall behind if you're not taking it seriously or are trying to keep working while attending.

Instructional and admin staff were incredibly nice and patient with us.

• Amazing
    - 8/23/2018
    JOSE LUIS PACHECO SOTO  User Photo
    JOSE LUIS PACHECO SOTO • General Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am a Public Accountant, 53 years old, I have taken many courses in my life, from professional pool operator supported by the NSPF; spinning instructor accedited by Reebok; short film writer; among many others, and without fear of error I can say  the Ironhack Web Development Bootcamp is the best course I have taken in my life. When I read what I could get in 9 weeks I did not believe it, I thought it was a joke or a fraud, today after living it I know that the advertising was just a bit of the reality. I learned not only about web development but also discipline and hard work; the human quality of the staff is incredible, the group of people that formed my group could not be better, today I continue with my career with new skills but above all with a new attitude towards work and with a group of elite friends ... thank you Ironhack

• Indiya Meadows   User Photo
    Indiya Meadows • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I honestly didn't know what to expect when I signed up for Ironhack. It was a pivitol moment in my life as i was trying to figure things out and I took a chance.  I had spent thousands of dollars on traditional education schooling and  really didn't know what this experience would be like. Let's just say it was one of the best decisions I  ever made.  The location, people and what the ux/ui program pushes you to do is every bit of amazing. I learned the core principles of user centered design but most importanly I learned about myself. I learned not to give up, its ok to lean on your team, and how to share and support others.  The culture at Ironhack is what really stands out, you're not just in a cohort with 20 random people form all over the world. You are with a group of  people from all different backgrounds and lifestyles and who share a common interest that somehow makes you become a family. I dont know if that was everyone before me experience or even after me but, I can say that on the first day I went to Ironhack as an individual. Nine weeks later I  graduated with a family, a network and a support system.

The most important thing I learned during my time at Ironhack was to trust process and that the user is the guide. I learned to let go and not lead with a solution as opposed to undstanding the problem as a whole.

Everyone from the staff, instructors and my classmates made this process beyond easy. My instructor David and TA's Hector and Hugo were awesome, talk about being there when you need them. I never heard no they were there the whole time  helping and guiding, so much support. Brito the outcomes manager also played a major role in the process he was more like a father, staying on us to make sure our Linkedin Profiles were on point prepping us for interviews and keeping us in the know about local meet ups and workshops. He also put together career fair ending with a hiring fair that had some pretty awesome companies like Uber and Royal Caribbean.

My only cons are I wish the program was longer, and I wish we worked with the web dev corhort more. I think it would better prepare us when stepping into the real world and having to have that dialog amongst peers in the work place. Also, I felt alot of pressure to put my portfolio together in the end so either allowing a week  to work soley on the portfolio after our final project or incoporating the porfolio as a weekly deliveralble to pace the students progress.

Overall my experience was amazing and if I had the funds I would do it all again!!

• Juan Pablo Inzunza Alfaro  User Photo
    Juan Pablo Inzunza Alfaro • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you want to change your life and a career, Ironhack is the best option. You'll learn about the most advanced development skills in 9 weeks. At the end of the bootcamp you'll have the chance to get a job in any of the hiring partners that Ironhack has, the hiring rate is almost 100% of all the graduated students, I'm a living proof of that.

• Stacey-Ann Arouff-Mc Veay  User Photo
    Stacey-Ann Arouff-Mc Veay • UX Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

When I decided to change my professionnal path from psychology to UX, I had difficulty choosing from the different programs available. Ironhack Paris was a great experience and I don't regret the investment.

By going to Ironhack in invested in myself 150%. Not only was it a leap of faith, it was the mean for me to learn differently : learn ny doing, learn with your peers, complete each other's skills. I got to learn the UX process and the different tools that come in handy when researching user problems and defining solutions. The instructors were supportive, listening.

The strengh at Ironhack is the constant process of improving the was their courses go with student feedback every week or so. I got the understand how listening, observing people helped improving an experience and how design is not about pretty pixel, it starts with the WHY of every single pixel you design.

The whole Ironhack experience was an intense human, those 9 weeks with the same people, day after day, from 9 am to 9 pm most days, taught me more than UX/UI, it taugh me the sense of family, the humility to admit you don't know and that someone else does, and how working together, making compromises, choosing what is best for the user (and not for you ego) makes better outcomes than working solo.

To conclude, I found a job not even 5 day post Hackshow, starting this september 2018 !

• Carlos Arevalo  User Photo
    Carlos Arevalo • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Ironhack has been one of the greatest experiences I've had in my life. I had the opportunity to attend Ironhack's UX/UI Bootcamp in Miami, FL after being awarded a scholarship by Uber which was truly life-changing.

Ironhack Miami is located at Building.co, a co-working space in which you will have 24/7 access. There will be times that you will find yourself working late hours or staying up late to play cornhole with classmates on the rooftop terrace, a perfect outdoor space for daily stand-ups, cornhole tournaments, and meditation!

The UX/UI curriculum is truly immersive and well thought out. They take you through each of the phases of the UX process all the way to a final working prototype, multiple times! My instructor, David Fast and the TA's Hector and Hugo were beyond helpful and knowledgeable. At Ironhack you'll also get the opportunity to meet Alia, Jess, and Alex a group of vibrant, hard-working individuals that are making sure that you are having the best experience possible.

When it comes to getting a job, Brito, the outcomes manager is there to guide you through the job-seeking process and help you land a job! I couldn't have done it without the Ironhack team, Uber, and all the individuals that helped me along the way.

Be ready to work hard and push yourself to take that next step in our career and keep in mind that when you join Ironhack, you are not just entering a boot camp, when you join Ironhack you become part of a family.

If you have any questions about the UX/UI program or about Ironhack Miami, feel free to reach out to me via LinkedIn at:

• Gaby Pineda  User Photo
    Gaby Pineda • UX/UI Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I did the UX/UI Bootcamp on Ironhack Barcelona and it was amazing. The teachers are well calified, the proyects were interesting and motivating and the enviroment of Ironhack is challenging, exciting and friendly.

I spent 9 weeks in a place where I learned a lot and I met incredible people.

It is a enriching experience that open doors to a new world.

• Giannini Charles  User Photo
    Giannini Charles • Ironhack Graduate • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

When I came to Ironhack, I was a person pushing my life to the limit, having many painful life experiences. I went to Ironhack with not much more than hope in my heart and a will to give my ALL to change my career and change my life! I've met a community of so many great people, and together we gave our all to learn JavaScript and the MEAN Stack (MongoDB, Express.js, Angular2, Node.js). If you're looking at this now, they've probably updated to MERN Stack (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, and Node.js).

Be ready to work HARD, and put in HOURS to accomplish. The bootcamp says 400 hours, but it takes more than that to be very proficient. They prepare you to learn code, search for answers, and the career preparation by Brito is better than ANY career prep I've ever had in my life! The experiences I've had in Ironhack have marked me positively for life, and I feel strong not just in my very basic foundation in Web Development, but as a person.

I can say that Ironhack is the best thing I've ever done in my life, and the benefits are just beginning :)

Oh! You'll be at a MASSIVE advantage if you read, understand, and apply You Don't Know JS, Eloquent Javascript, and learn basic Javascript Data Structures and Algorithms before the prework, but you'll be able to make it through without those, although you may need them at the end to help you be a top candidate for a job :).

If any questions, find me on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/in/gianninicharles/

• Sergii Khaiba  User Photo
    Sergii Khaiba • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I've been a student in Ironhack Miami Bootcamp. I was taking Full-time UX/UI course.

The course is very intensive so in order not to lose track of the program you'll have to work hard and make a lot of exercises. But I want to say that it worth it, trust me, guys. You will never be the same person again once you finish. It will change your life completely, and change it in a better way. Besides design, this Bootcamp teaches you how to be successful in your life, solve problems and never give up. It's all about passion...its all about GRIT.

The teaching staff has been great and they were often available to help you also in extra hours. Many thanx to our instructor David and 2 TA's: Hector and Hugo. All of them were supporting and pushing you to do more and learn more. The curriculum is amazing too and focused on your practical skills. Like we say in Ironhack "Learning by doing". All that skills that you polished here, you will be using in real life and that's why Ironhack is the best one ever.

Ironhack is all about hard work, persistence, and dedication. Ironhack is family. It feels like second home here. And yes you would have your father here. His name is Daniel, but you can call him Brito. This guy got your back,  he is outcomes manager and will help you to find your dream job. You would get mother too. Her name is Alia, she is general manager, wonderful and wise woman btw. And finally, you would get a ton of sisters and brothers, which are people from your cohort and grads from previous cohorts. Oh, snap! I forgot to mention your new older sister- Jess (program manager). She is an amazing person and she will make your days in boot camp bright, funny and enjoyable.

If you are looking for a new start in this field and change your life I suggest people think seriously and join Ironhack family. Welcome

• UX/UI Dsigner
    - 8/16/2018
    Ricardo Fernandez  User Photo
    Ricardo Fernandez • Student Verified via LinkedIn

The course was more then what I expected and it was a life changing experience for me. I loved the campus, love my instructor (David Fast) and the TAs. The environment is set up for success and Brito (Outcomes manager) is trying his best get everyone jobs. Overall I'm going to miss Ironhack Miami. They not only helped me grow as a designer but as a person as well. Thank you Ironhack!

• UX/UI designer
    - 8/16/2018
    Elvire Volk Léonovitch  User Photo
    Elvire Volk Léonovitch • UX/UI Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The greatest learning experience I've ever had! It was like having a big family (we were 21) for 2 whole month. The classes were very complete and effective and I was really able to see my progress during the different projects.

The teaching staff is very welcoming, efficient and caring. I really felt like they wanted the best for us. They encourage us to keep in touch after the bootcamp and we can go to them for advice.

I totally recommend it!

• Julien   User Photo
    Julien • Student Verified via GitHub

Best decision I've made !! I had no background in tech before and I can't believe how much I learned in 9 weeks. Even if the pace is very intense, no one is left behind in the class and everybody makes sure that all the concepts are fully understood by the students. Moreover, the BCN team is awsome, I had the best classmates and the best TA's.

• Miami Web Dev.
    - 8/15/2018
    Christine Beck  User Photo
    Christine Beck • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I finished Ironhack’s full time web dev course last week and I highly recommend it, if you want to work hard and learn fast.  I started with nearly zero coding experience and I built a game and 2 web applications during the course. Designing and completing these projects was important because it helped me understand and experiment with the new technology I had learned, now I have projects to show potential employers.

I found the overall Ironhack experience to be friendly and supportive, but it also challenged and pushed me to work as hard as I could. The Ironhack staff are really down-to-earth, smart, dedicated, and love coding.  I really cannot say enough good things about the people there. Our class was one of the largest they’ve had, but individual help was still readily available. Communication with the instructor, TAs, and other students was easy and fast - we used SLACK, which is a commonly used communication tool in the tech world.

Right now I’m doing the career week - the week after you graduate Ironhack helps with resumes, interviewing skills, and also holds a job fair. This was one of the main reasons I chose Ironhack and so far it has been a great help.