The admissions process for each program includes submitting a written application, a personal interview, and then a technical interview.
Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 1,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer or UX/UI designer upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.
Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.89
Recent Ironhack News
- July 2019 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- Compare Data Science Bootcamp Costs
- Webinar: Choosing a Part-Time Coding Bootcamp
Start Date None scheduled Cost N/A Class size N/A Location Madrid, ParisThis course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
Minimum Skill Level Basic programming knowledge Prep Work 40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date None scheduled Cost $6,500 Class size 16 Location Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico CityThis 8 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
Minimum Skill Level None. Prep Work The Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date May 31, 2020 Cost $7,500 Class size 20 Location Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Mexico CityThe UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
Minimum Skill Level Basic programming skills, basic algorithms and notions of object oriented programming. Prep Work 40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins/ Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesMay 31, 2020 - Miami Apply by May 10, 2020
- In PersonFull Time
Deposit $1000 Financing Scholarship $1,000 Scholarship for women.
Minimum Skill Level Basic programming knowledge Prep Work 40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
In PersonFull Time13 Hours/week24 Weeks
Minimum Skill Level Basic programming knowledge Prep Work 40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesMay 31, 2020 - Miami Apply by May 10, 2020
829 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Ironhack Miami- 1/15/2019Rachel Hofer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Miami • Verified via LinkedIn
I was a full-time student for the Full-Stack Web Development Cohort that graduated Dec 18, 2018. I had an AMAZING expereience with Ironhack Miami. To give you an idea of how the class is structured, Week 1 and 2: FRONTEND: learn JS, HTML, CSS, jQuery, DOM Manipulation, Canvas. Week 3: Use those skills to create a game application, present at end of the week. Week 4 and 5: BACKEND: learn Node.js and Express, amongst numerous other topics. Week 6: Use those skills to create a full-stack application, present at the end of the week. Week 7: Learn React.js. Week 8 and 9: Create a Full-Stack MERN application, present at the end of Week 9. All non-project weeks are pretty much structured the same: Topic 1 in the monirng, then a paired lab. Topic 2 in the afternoon, then a solo lab. The class was structured to have one lead instructor and 2 TAs. While this might sound similar to other bootcamps you've researched, I would like to point out the "stand outs" that make Ironhack Miami unique, which are the reasons why I ultimately choose it instead of other bootcamps i looked at:
1. Career Services: I can pretty much gaurantee you will not find another bootcamp with a Career Services Manager like Daniel Brito. Not only is he incredibly well connected and great at creating partnerships with the school and local companies, but he is SO resourceful and involved. He typically lectured once a week to the class for an hour, and once you graduate the meetings get more frequent and more specialized to each student and their current job situation. I've been a working professional for 10 years and Brito still had great LinkedIn, Resume and Career advise to offer that I had never heard. While Brito is not the ONLY benefit to joining Ironhack, he is the most impactful benefit, hands down.
2. Pre-Work: This was the second most beneficial part of Ironhack for me. Other bootcamps I looked at did not require pre-work, but this was by far the difference that made me not completely lost when I started school. While the pre-work was VERY hard for me, as I was a career changer and not used to the terminology, the technologies or anything, the pre-work was SO helpful becuase it . forced me to familiarize myself with all of this BEFORE class started. If there had no been . pre-work, I don't think I would have been nearly as successful in the class as I was.
3. Building.co: this is the building Ironhack is located in. Some great features to note about it that were super helpful being a student- 24 hour access to the building, via secured access, unlimited free granola bars, unlimited free coffee (of ANY type), unlimited beer on draft starting at 5 PM, cool kitchen/outdoor space with picnic tables and corn hole to relax adn take breaks. Building.co is a co-working space so there are a lot of tech people who have desks there to work, which is ideal for networking as a tech student.
4. Guest speakers: tech speakers were brought in typically once every 2 weeks to talk to the calss. This was helpful for networking purposes, but also more for insight into the industry, what people do, waht they are looking for, etc.
5. Lisa - the Growth Manger, was always great about hosting industry events at Building.co and in the area for students to attend with Miami tech industry people. This, again, was great for networking and more exposure to the industry.
6. The curriculum was well thought out and offers a lot of resources for you to have outside of class. If you pay attention in class, then go back and read all of the lectures, you will get the most benefits. Now that I am out of school and interviewing, I realize how many of the interview questions/vocab were in our lesson plans, I just nevere read them during class. READ THE LECTURES!!! They are super helpful!!
7. Laslty, the overall atmosphere created by the Ironhack Team is truly incredible. It is such a family/friend atmosphere where you work super hard, pull intense all nighters, but there is a sense of "we are in this together" and "we are here for you" which makes the whole process more fun and enjoyable.
- UX/UI Bootcamp Ironhack- 1/15/2019Regli Núñez • UX Ui designer • Graduate • Course: UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time) • Campus: Barcelona • Verified via LinkedIn
- UX/UI Bootcamp Ironhack- 1/14/2019paola lefort • Graduate • Course: UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time) • Campus: Barcelona • Verified via LinkedIn
Motivating, encouraging and challenging environment. Everyone can grow and push its own boundaries at it space while being given a meaningful path to follow; with the right tool set in hands and a strong support to do so. The program is built in a smart way for us to focus and questions on the right things. It geniusly build a link between technical knowledge and practical business perspective. What a smart and complementary teaching team. On top of that, everything is done in a way to feel home, and meet a rich mix of students and Ironhack team members.
- Great UX / UI course.- 1/13/2019Alejandro Orozco • Graduate • Course: UX/UI Design • Campus: Miami • Verified via LinkedIn
I learned about Ironhack through Uber, there was a scholarship opening and I applied, started researching about this place, and actually went to the campus. The process ended and I won a partial scholarship to go to the UX / UI course. After this I started going to events, everyone was super inviting and they hosted a lot of these events that were really interesting.
The course is 2 months intensive bootcamp, took me about 8 months to prepare for this, save some money because working through the camp is really hard. Have to say I was blown away. The content, classes, staff, everything is up there.
The teacher is David Fast and he is incredible. He's a humble guy with a lot to offer. He knows that he doesn't know all the answers, and if he doesn't he will surely get back to you with the answer. The process they teach is the process many up to date companies are using and the tools they teach are what you will be using in the job market.
Jessica, who is the program manager, is super reachable, she is mostly in and always has the time to meet you if you have the need.
After finishing all of the program they assist you on getting a job, from the how to the tracking and even putting a good word for you in companies all around South Florida. Daniel Brito is in charge of this, and if you are in the South Florida tech ecosystem you probably know him, if not, then everybody else does. He is greatly connected and does a great job in helping every student in this important task.
The overall experience of this place has been perfect and would recommend it to anyone.
- Great Choice for those who work hard- 1/11/2019Daniel Sauthier • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp • Campus: Miami • Verified via LinkedIn
I attended Ironhack Full time WebDev course in 2018.
I was unhappy at my previous Career and began a research to explore other options. I looked into programming and all the job opportunities that comes with it. I started to learn by myself, but reached a point where i was not making any progress and was not able to find a job.
As a Career changer, i needed to take the fastest train towards employment and started reading about Bootcamps. I decided that it was what i needed. I visited several other Bootcamps, reviewed prices, curriculum and outcomes. Ironhack seemed to be the best of all, specially after visiting the Miami Campus.
Compared to the other bootcamps i visited , Ironhack was by far the most impressive. With a great space, friendly people and really good energy from students and employees.
I met Alex, the Admissions Manager, and he was incredibly friendly and attentive, answered all my questions and guided me through the process of making the final decision.
Before being able to enroll, you need to pass a in-person coding Challenge that is fairly easy, if you study online prior to the challenge. I passed the test and started the bootcamp.
The main Instructor was very knowledgeable and the classes are very fast paced, so you really have to dedicate yourself to it if you want to actually learn and make it through.
The TA's are very helpful with your process of learning and understanding the problems that you will face. (usually the TA's are former students that didn't find a job and start working with Ironhack while looking for more opportunities; Pretty awesome help, feels like a safety net for some people).
The Curriculum is packed with huge amounts of information and you need to apply yourself to learn more everyday. Again, i cant stress this enough, Ironhack is an INCREDIBLE place to learn and grow as a professional, but if you dont apply yourself, i dont think its gonna work.
At the end of the Cohort, i had 3 big projects to show to possible employers with the most required technologies in the job market right now. The Job Placement experience has been hard BUT Daniel Brito,the Manager that takes care of it, is incredibly helpful and goes above and beyond to give you the best opportunities at all times (at least thats how i feel about it).
Even though it might seem strange to be able to learn so much in so little time, The Ironhack experience was one of the toughest and most rewarding things i did in my life and i truly believe that i chose the best bootcamp possible; Not only on the Student/Curriculum perspective , but also with all the networking, interview preparation and real world experiences that they train their students for.
If you are looking for a bootcamp that will take you from 0 to hero, this is the place.
- UX Designer- 1/9/2019Jason Ortega • Student • Course: UX/UI Design • Campus: Miami • Verified via LinkedIn
I would say that the course is very hands on. I was amazed by everything I learned in such a short period of time. The instructors were very helpful. They were really good at helping me with any problems I ran into while doing the assignments. All my classmates were awesome as well. I got to meet some amazing and humble people from different places. Everyone one was very encouraging. It definitely felt like you had people in your corner.
- UX/UI Full-time Bootcamp (Miami)- 12/26/2018Joseph Cronau • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Course: UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time) • Campus: Miami • Verified via LinkedIn
Let me start off by saying, enrolling in Ironhack's UX/UI bootcamp was one of the best decisions of my life. I went in with no design experience, whatsoever, and Ironhack helped me make the career switch that I needed. That being said, let me remind you that this is a bootcamp. It is intense, it is short (2 months), and everything you put into it is going to equal what you get out of it. The amount of tools that Ironhack provides you with: from the research methodologies to learning the industry's leading softwares to actual hands-on experience, is invaluable. However, all of it is completely useless unless you apply it to your work and build on it. Never be afraid to ask questions. Be inquisitive. Be curious. There are a million tools at your disposal, but one sprint (project) might require a different strategy than the last. This is your time to learn the tools, what they are useful for, and how to apply them to your work. Oh, and the learning never stops. From new design strategies to the myriad of research tools already out there, you'll always have something new to learn while practicing design. Use Ironhack as your launchpad, perhaps even mission control when you're lost, but don't expect it to fly your design-career-ship for you. With all that said, I highly recommend this bootcamp regardless of your background in design or UX. The staff is knowledgeable, passionate, and always open to any question you may have. Oh, and they got beer on tap. Nuff said.
- Ironhack UX/UI Design Boot camp- 12/12/2018Esteban Di Chiara • Student • Course: UX/UI Design • Campus: Miami • Verified via LinkedIn
When I started the program I really had no expectations but as we moved forward I was really surprised by the level of excellence Ironhack provides through the material and instructors. Not only that but after the program is completed they have an excellent support system to help you find a job. If you are looking for a career change or start a new one I really cannot think of a better place to go. I highly recommend Ironhack!
- From Law to UX Full-Timer- 12/11/2018Erick Gavin • Product Designer • Graduate • Course: UX/UI Design • Campus: Miami • Verified via LinkedIn
I heard a lot of good things about the Ironhack before I got to the program, but when I got there it surpassed all my expectations. The instructors, the curriculum, and the staff created a process for me that is helping me fall right into step with the rest of the designers at my job. Of course two months can't teach you everything, but anything that you would be expected to know will be dicussed during class and applied through the projects that you take on. But beyond what I learned, Ironhack treated me like a family at every step in the process. Understanding and empathetic when I had issues, pushing me so that I can grow as a professional, and doing everything to set me up with a good position after except literally taking the interview with me. I took on a large risk when I decided to go into technology instead of law. Even still Looking around my office and how far I have come, I couldn't have made a better decision.
- From nothing to create my own web!!- 12/3/2018Laura • Full-Stack development • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Madrid • Verified via LinkedIn
I studied Business Administration at university (and specialized in Digital Marketing). After spending my last 2 years working, I decided to make a change in my working life. As I was working with web design, I wanted to go a step further and be able to develop my own projects.
Ironhack has given me the opportunity to learn web development in a fast and efficient way. It was two months of hard work, with many hours spent between lines of code. My life has given the turn I needed and I highly recommend it to everyone who wants to learn and improve!!
- An amazing experience- 11/15/2018Francesca • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Barcelona • Verified via LinkedIn
Ironhack's bootcamp has been an amazing experience for me. I've learnt a lot not only about coding but also in a personal way. I found a great new family in there and I grew a lot. It was hard but it was worth it. Lead Teacher and Tas were the best, I'll be always thankful to Ironhack.
- Great Experience- 11/11/2018Kiryl Bartashevich • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Miami • Verified via LinkedIn
Ironhack is the land of opportunity. An opportunity to learn a high-paying, technical skill in 9 weeks and get a job doing what you love. This opportunity, however, is only available to those who are willing to put in the work.
Ironhack is a great place to network because they not only host meetup events, but also let the students know the best events going on each week. Also, every week there is a different person that is currently working in the field that comes in as a guest speaker.
Brito is the "Placements Manager" and I've yet to see anyone more passionate about matching students with carreers. Brito is often found running around the school creating/maintaining contacts for carreer fairs to ensure every student has the maximum chance of successful job placement. He is a core component to student success with unmatched connections in the Miami tech industry and is highly regarded and respected. Brito always maintains a level of approachbility and availablity and is 100% committed to matching up students with the correct potential employers. Students normally interact with Brito near graduation time as he interviews every student and forms a relationship and pairs student traits to the best matching employers. He clearly takes great pride in his success rate in matching students to carreers and truly enjoys his role in student's success.
That being said It is a very fast paced course, so come in prepared & stay organized. You get what you put into it.
- Fulltime Web Bootcamp- 10/30/2018Almudena • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Campus: Madrid • Verified via LinkedIn
I’ve just finished the fulltime Web Bootcamp in Ironhack Madrid and It has fulfilled my expectations.
I think that everything is designed and planned so that the students can get the most out of the time invested.
From my point of view, some of the points that make Ironhack a success bootcamp, are the following ones:
- The methodology, where everything is being learned is put into practice from the very first minute.
- The quality of teachers.
- The attention given to the content because students learn the most updated and recent technology.
- The care with which the didactic units are elaborated.
- The quality of the proposed exercises
- The seriousness with which they are faced with the professional future of students.
For all this and the fact of being able to achieve it in a record time (two months) I think it is an excellent training.
- From law to UX/UI Design- 10/29/2018Guillermo Martinez • Graduate • Campus: Madrid • Verified via LinkedIn
I've just finished the fulltime UX/UI bootcamp in Ironhack Madrid and I can say that I am more than happy of having applied to this course.
I used to work as a lawyer but I wasn't satisfied at all with my career. I have always been interested in psychology and design and I needed a fresh start, and Ironhack was what I was looking for.
I am so amazed of what I have achieved in this two months and the best thing about it is that it is just the beginning.
It doesn't matter if you do not have a tech or design background, the only requirement is to be ready to learn a lot of stuff (maybe more than what you can absorb).
- Full Stack Web Development- 10/26/2018Cristofer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Mexico City • Verified via GitHub
- El mejor bootcamp en México- 10/26/2018Adan Jaciel Palacios Rivas • Web developer jr • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Mexico City • Verified via GitHub
La experiencia, en este bootcamp es increible, el aprendizaje es muy rapido y retador, pero con muchos beneficios, el staff es increible, muy buena comunicación, el programa de estudio es increible y sobre todo el lead teacher un gran profesor Hector Bliss.Ironhack muy recomendable un gran Bootcamp y vale la pena la experiencia.
- From nurse to designer in two months- 10/25/2018Maria Luisa • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Campus: Madrid • Verified via LinkedIn
I wanted to turn my life around because I always liked design, but maybe out of fear I did not do it before ... until I luckily got into ironhack. My life has changed in two months, its methodology and way of teaching makes you go from 0 to 100 in a record time. I recommend it without any doubt.
I'am a senior student of Computer Engineering Degree but I'was feeling like something was missing in my academic program. I had no contact with the current technologies!
Due to this when i heard about Ironhack I knew that was what I needed to complete my education, and I was completely right!
From day one the atmosphere was amazing, the lead teacher was fundamental to my learning experience because of his amazing skills, but the most key elements of the Ironhack experience was the TA's, they are Alumni that supports you during your bootcamp.
- Fun experience and great job after- 10/25/2018Gabriel Cebrián Lucas • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Madrid • Verified via GitHub
I came to Ironhack to look for a job. I knew I loved programming because I studied Engineering and had learnt programming by myself, but never web development. I wanted to learn in 9 weeks somwthing I would take months learning by myself.
It was a really fun experience and I got a great job after.
I recomend Ironhack!
- From Teacher to Developer- 10/25/2018Jacob Casado Pérez • Junior Fullstack Developer • Graduate • Campus: Madrid • Verified via LinkedIn
When I heard about Ironhack on September 2017 I had no idea that it going to be my school and my future. I was music teacher and I always though that my life was linking with the education. But my life change in a blink of an eye and I decided to look for a new chance in a world with more professional opportunities. And for this reason I studied at Ironhack.
I had no technology background but I had a big desire to improve and to be a good developer.
During the bootcamp, Little by little I was grew and was able to overcome challenges I never thought I would. All of this was possible with the enormous support of Teacher Assistants, my colleges and friends. Without them this bootcamp had been very difficult.
- New way of learning- 10/25/2018Esperanza • Junior Full Stack developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Madrid • Verified via LinkedIn
This bootcamp has been a total change of life for me. A totally new way of learning, new possibilities, new way of thinking, new disciplines... It's a big challenge, but I would absolutely repeat it. The quality of this teaching is uncompareable.
I had no coding experience, I worked in biomedical research. I was just looking a little approach to coding, I found a totally new style of life.
- Ruben • Junior Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Campus: Madrid • Verified via LinkedIn
I had no coding experience, I had studied psychology and worked as a technician assistant. The bootcamp was very intense and very enriching
My learning curve was verticle upwards, I started from 0 and now I'm amazed of what I know.
Ironhack simulates perfectly the really working environment of a programmer. You working in teams with the real tools companies use, you resolve problems and really it's like a virtual profesional atmosphere.
When we visited Tuenti, a big Spanish company I was amazed that I understood what they were talking to me about, I could see myself working there as a programmer.
Ironhack doesn't teach you to code, it teaches you to be a developer.
Ironhack helps you discover if you really want to work as a developer or not, and after the bootcamp I can definetly say I will work as a coder.
- About my experince- 10/25/2018Pablo Tabaoda Ortiz • Junior Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time) • Campus: Madrid • Verified via LinkedIn
I want to talk about my last 9 weeks. I came to Ironhack without any background and after completing the bootcamp I feel really impressed of how much I learnt. The support and facilities are amazing and also the level of the teachers. My fully recommendation Ironhack to everyone, not only professionals that are looking for renew their skills, but also to people trying to find new challenges.