ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Miami, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers 9-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time bootcamps in web development, UX/UI design, and data analytics in Miami (Florida), Madrid and Barcelona (Spain), Paris (France) Mexico City (Mexico), Berlin (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Lisbon (Portugal). Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning. And the Data Analytics program allows students to load, clean, explore and extract valuable insights from datasets and cultivate languages scuh as Python, SQL and Tableau.

The admissions process for each program includes an online application, a personal interview, and a technical assessment.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 1,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and +600 partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer, UX/UI designer or Data analyst upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (868) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (24) articles about Ironhack →
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo, Lisbon
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    DepositYes
    Do you need help with the payment? Visit our Financing page: https://www.ironhack.com/en/financing
    Tuition PlansTuition varies by campus location
    ScholarshipIronhack offers an upfront scholarship of 10% off for any of our Web Development
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Part-Time)

MySQL, Git, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, SQL, Python
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 24 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

HTML, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City
    This 9 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep WorkThe Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
  • UX/UI Design Course (Part-Time)

HTML, Design, Product Management, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, Agile
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming skills, basic design skills
    Prep Work40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins.
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    LocationMiami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City, Amsterdam
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.

Minimum Skill LevelBasic programming knowledge
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

• Faraz Patankar • Graduate

I had an amazing experience at Ironhack, right from the moment I applied to the moment I graduated from the bootcamp.

I had to travel from Mumbai to attend the bootcamp and the admissions team was always there to help whenever I required any documentation for my visa, whether it was the acceptance letter or a bunch of questions from my end, they were always ready to help whenever they could.

They sent out the prework as soon as I confirmed I would be joining the bootcamp and we were given weekly one on one sessions with the instructors but the instructors were always available throughout the week on Slack whenever I had any questions to ask. The prework was very elaborate and I feel that it helped me be ready for day one of the course.

On day one of the bootcamp, we had a fun team building activity and we had many of those throughout the course. All these activites were fun and interactive and they helped us blow off steam and got us ready for the morning lectures. We were always advised to go to events to network with the tech community and they also sent us emails every Monday with a list of events we should be going to.

The instructors and the teaching assistant were absolutely brilliant, they were always ready to help and wouldn't mind explaining the same thing multiple times and all 3 of them brought something different to the table. The course as a whole covered almost everything you'd need to know to develop a full stack web application and they even helped us with our presentations for the final project.

Week 9 was career week, we had interview prep and coding challenges. Several companies also came in to interview us and that was a very good learning experience in terms of interviewing for a web development job.

I traveled roughly 9000 miles to attend a coding bootcamp but not even for one second did I feel like I wasn’t at home. From the co-founder, to the director of admissions, to the instructors, to the content writer at Ironhack, to every single student that was a part of the cohort, each one of them had something special to offer that made this the best experience of my life and I’d like to thank each and every single one of them for it.

• Christian • Graduate

My 8 weeks at Ironhack Miami were a whirlwind. I came in with no development experience and looking back it's really amazing how much I learned in that short time. It doesn't feel short though when you're putting 70-80 hours in every week. I honestly think that's a realistic assesment of the time commitment, especially for someone who doesn't have a programming background If there's one thing I would reccomend to any student going in is to do the prework! It really sets the foudation and lets everyone in the class dive into the material at a great pace. The course was a really great balance of lecture and hands on learning. Every morning we would learn enough to really dive into the exercises for the afternoon, and thats when things got really interesting! I think the most amazing thing about Ironhack is the dedication of the Instructors. Whether it was planning extra breakout sessions to go over a particularly difficult topic or them staying late or coming in on a weekend to help with our projects, I can honestly say that I've never had teachers that were so invested in their student's success. The staff is also deeply invested in our career success. The advice on how to sell ourselves as developers was invaluable and so was the interview experience from their hiring partners. I feel really confident going forward that I will be able to start a career in the tech industry.

• Alejandro • Junior Front-end Developer
    Ironhack has been to me a unique experience, I had the chance to practice english, get to know people from different backgrounds and countries, but above all, it provided the best entry to the programming world, something I struggled a lot in the past. I didn’t get out of the bootcamp being an expert, but Ironhack taught me how to learn, and after Ironhack I’ve been able to keep learning a lot of stuff that was out of my reach before when I tried on my own.

Besides learning how to program, I’ve also benefited from great guidance for my future career. Ironhack organized, on a regular basis, effective advice and workshops I could benefit a lot from.

Finally, I can safely say that despite not being the best student in the cohort, I landed a job in a startup in just three days. Because of that I definitely think that Ironhack was a great investment for the money I spend on the course.
  • Sahil Bahl • Graduate

Looking back at my Ironhack experience, I am truly amazed at how much I accomplished in a span of 8 weeks. It is almost hard to believe that I came to the bootcamp with no experience in programming and left having learned 2 programming languages and built my own website. Don’t get me wrong, the course was intense, more so than I imagined, and it was hard to get a grasp of concepts at first. However, like any other natural language, coding requires patience and a lot of practice! The best part about Ironhack was that I was not alone; my cohort was eating, sleeping and dreaming code just like me and often the most valuable help came from them. It was equally thrilling to learn the diverse backgrounds that my colleagues came from, and I am glad to have made a valuable network that will stay with me forever.

In my experience, the most rewarding part of Ironhack was having the opportunity to work on my own web application towards the end of the course. The mentors and assistants maintained a fine balance between structured guidance and self-learning to ensure we get the most out of our projects. It was great to have something to show for our months of perseverance!

At Ironhack, I did not just learn how to use the most cutting-edge technology used in the Industry today. I also learned a way to learn. With the guidance of the TA’s and Lead Teachers, you come to realise that, ultimately, the best teacher you’ll ever have is yourself. Having the audacity and capacity to say “I want to learn that skill, and I can do it” is the most valuable lesson I learned in the course. It didn’t matter that I was being exposed to technologies that I didn’t learn at University. I was empowered to get out of my comfort zone and thrive. Thanks, Ironhack!

• Ironhack Review
    - 12/29/2015
    Jake • Junior Full Stack Developer • Graduate

My experience at Ironhack was unlike anything I'd ever been through before. The cohort was extremely diverse. Former lawyers, store managers, nfl players, and ivy league grads consumed the classroom. After the first day though, it was clear that we were all equals. Learning to code a new language is like learning to speak a new language. It isn't going to happen over night. Our two teachers, Nizar and Josh, were extremely helpful and patient. It felt like the same question was asked 100 times a day. In programming, it's all about understanding the connections between different syntaxes, and repeating them over and over again. Class begin at 9 every morning, and most of us wouldn't leave until 7 or 8 at night. We were all warned early on that there would be some days where we would feel completely hopeless. I definitely did. Around the 6th week though, something clicked. Things that took hours to accomplish in week 1 and 2, started to take minutes. Programming certain syntaxes became second nature. I was extremely happy with how my final project came out, and by the time the course was over, I was sure I made the right choice about going to Ironhack.

• Great course
    - 12/21/2015
    Ranald • Business Consultant • Graduate

Tough course but definitely better than other available options. The instruction is very dynamic and is taught in a way that really makes you think about how to solve problems. The instructors are very accessible and were more than willing to go the extra mile often answering very silly questions with admirable patience.

It is very important to do as much as you can prior and during the course to stay with the course. It is a demanding course but the support structure is provided if you make the effort.

The IronHack team are a fantastic bunch of people away from the course and the location at Building.co is sensational. The tech scene is Miami is developing and there a lot of great tech events on each week around the area that are great networking opportunities.

• Highly recommended!
    - 12/21/2015
    Karin Fernandez • Graduate

I had such a great experience at Ironhack. The team is amazing, since I had the first interview with them I had the feeling that I was taking the right choice. It doesn't matter what coding experience you had before, Ironhack provides a Pre work where you can train and get skills.
    The instructor and TA are excellentes and have so much patience!!!. I never felt afraid to ask any question because they were always willing to help. They were guiding and advising us everyday.
    In this intense weeks there is a lot to learn, but a lot to study too. There are a lot of materials the program provides in order to improve and reinforce our knowledge. Now that the Bootcamp is finished, I feel so well on my improvements, the connections I've made and ready to show what I'm capable to do. Thanks Ironhack!.

• Amazing course!
    - 12/19/2015
    Sebastian • Developer • Graduate

This course blew me away, the instructors were so helpful staying late nights and even coming into the office on weekends. This course acelerated my learning and helped me get in the door in the tech industry.

I would first like to say that for all of the skeptics out there: I was in your shoes, but I can vouch (as much as that counts on the internet) that the people in Miami posting reviews around the same time as me, were in fact students at the school in my cohort. This post will be somewhat long but it will be useful if you are trying to decide if coding bootcamps, and Ironhack specifically, would be a useful expenditure of your time and money.

So, who are coding bootcamps are for:

• People with no programming experience who want a career that is both fun and rewarding
    • People who have tried to learn coding/web-development on their own but got frustrated with how long it takes to learn
    • Burgeoning entrepreneurs who want to learn just enough to make their business dreams a reality

Who they are not for:

• Experienced programmers who thing OOP is child’s play
    • Humans that don’t play well with other humans

I fell into the category of those who tried (and failed) to learn this material on their own. While that previous coding experience was useful, it originally led me to be frustrated with the pace of the class. It wasn’t until later in the course that I fully understood the patience and caring that our instructors, Nizar and Josh, had for us and appreciated how slowly they moved to get us all up to the same level.

Ironhack doesn’t promise to make you an expert programmer; and it shouldn’t. Ironhack promises to teach you everything you need to know to just get your foot in the door for a programming career. They adopt a no-B.S. approach to help people who had never opened a text editor besides Word, learn to build incredible and dynamic websites. Ironhack gives you the basic knowledge of everything web-development and then gives you the hard, honest truth that you need to figure out your own path in this huge and amazing field.

Beyond the coding aspect of the course, the people and the location are incredible. The instructors and staff are there for you every step of the way, and your fellow students are there to help pick you up when you fall, because that’s the environment that Ironhack fosters. You know it’s expensive, they know it’s expensive, and it is a company trying to expand, but their product is solid and if you have the time and the money- but most importantly the drive- then Ironhack is for you.

• David James Knight • Graduate

Before Ironhack, I was an attorney with a liberal arts background. I'd dabbled in front-end design (HTML, CSS, WordPress) for years, but always thought that anything more technical than that (e.g., Ruby) was for Computer Science majors. Ironhack proved me wrong. In eight weeks, I went from being an unhappy attorney to a legitimate developer and tech entrepreneur. But the journey wasn't easy; Ironhack's intensity level was about the same as the first year of law school. The pacing is relentless, and there is a lot of information to absorb. You need to take this course very, very seriously or you will fall behind very, very quickly.

• Jennifer • Graduate

Ironhack has exceeded all my expectations. I started the course with a clear idea of what I wanted to acheive and today I leave the course with so much more. The team that makes up Ironhack is energetic, fun , smart and ready to assist with anything that a student might need. I highly recommend Ironhack to anyone who is serisuosly motivated to a get a start in a development career.

- 12/17/2015
    Adam Lopez • Student

First starting off at Ironhack I had no previous coding history.  Fully emersing myself in a program that will help not only my career but my growth as a person was something I knew coding would fufil and Ironhack delivered on giving the resources and skillset to succeed.  The team at Ironhack were helpful and not judgemental or impatient with people from different professions.  It helped me to reevaluate my thought process on how to learn things and how to solve issues in a way I never could before.  I would definitely recommend taking this course, but remember they don't call it a bootcamp for nothing.  Pre-plan and take on-line courses to make sure this is the right path you want to take.  Then apply yourself and commit.  Always commit.

• The better choice
    - 10/29/2015
    Jacob Alvarez • Graduate

Before ironhack, I had none experience with coding. The only things I’d previously done were self-taught, so it wasn’t until the beginning of the bootcamp when I realized all the work I had to do before becoming a developer.

I decided to get formal education from professionals. Among all the bootcamps I found out, Ironhack

was by far the one that fitted best with what I was searching for. Quality training in which you study what is really being used without wasting time. Rapid, concrete and direct.

To accomplish these goals, they use a very effective methodology: little theory and a lot of practice. The pace of the bootcamp is very intense so, without realizing it, you’ll learn a lot.

Teachers at the bootcamp are  experts  in their fields. But also, they are very good at transmitting knowledge. This feature is, undoubtedly, essential for learning.

Ironhack team designed very hard but enjoyable lessons. They spread the passion they have for what they do and that drags you to keep programming and learning.

My classmates have been crucial in improving my learning. I feel very lucky to have found in Ironhack a large group of people passionate about programming who are willing to share what they’ve learnt. With them, I learned how to fight against frustration and share the feeling of victory when things work out. These ups and downs helped us to bond strongly as a group.

Perhaps what I liked the most was the quality of the people with whom I lived during these eight weeks. Specially the Ironhack team, the teachers and my classmates. They’re oriented to support you at all times and help you in whatever you need. It feels like being part of a big family.

As the icing on the cake, Álvaro’s career support was the key. He helped me to build a great CV resume and an exceptional Linkedin profile. That was crucial to find my job. Before Ironhack, I wasn’t a big Linkedin fan but I’ve learned its importance to get a technical job. After the bootcamp, he continued helping me by introducing me to hiring companies until I reached my goal: get a good job.  This confirms that Ironhack does not end when classes are over.

I highly recommend Ironhack. Enroll myself and complete the bootcamp was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Everything I've lived and learned during these eight weeks has far exceeded the expectations I had before.

• Great Expierence
    - 10/26/2015
    Gui • Graduate

Before IronHack I had taken several programming courses online but after completing each course I still felt I wasn’t able to apply anything I had learned. I think thats why I was hesitant to try IronHack at first. I was worried that the large investment would not be worth the time and money. But after meeting with Nizar, the lead instructor, I knew that IronHack was the right place to go. Nizar is an amazing instructor. He’s patient and is great at explaining the concepts of programming.

I learned more in the 8 weeks of bootcamp than from all the time I had spent before trying to learn on my own. I highly recommend IronHack to anyone who wants to learn how to program.

You can read as many review as you possibly can, but nothing prepares you for coding boot camp, period.  You think you might know what to expect, but you don't.  From day one you are emmersed deep into the curriculum and it's EXTREMELY fast-paced.  You must keep up.  That means, no cell phones nearby, no Facebook.  Only complete and total focus.  The pre-course work is extensive and extremely important as it's referenced several times during the actual course.  It's imperative that you complete the pre-course work prior to day 1 of boot camp.  The instructors change every week (as each week you learn a different language) and they range from very good to a bit inexperienced, teaching wise.  The TA's are excellent and very dedicated.  In the end though, I didn't feel that I was truly prepared for the real world.  I think another month in this course would've been best (12 weeks instead of 8).  I think focusing on the coding challenges required by employers would've been highly valuable.  It's not touched upon at all.  Hiring week was a little disorganized and many people were under the impression that it was the last week of boot camp, when it was actually the week after.  Therefore, many foreign students had already left Barcelona without taking advantage of it.  Also, the employers that were setup for interviews were looking for people with more coding experience than 2 months in a boot camp.  The perfect job after Ironhack would be a junior developer position.  A company that wants to train you themselves, but utilizes the knowledge you gained from  your course.  All in all, it was a great experience.  There were a few things I would change, but I think I gained enough to get started in the coding world.

• Borja García de Vinuesa O. • borjavinuessa@gmail.com • Graduate

I got me degree in Telecom Engineering back in 2012. Right after finishing I started working in a big company where you could see people working as fifteen year ago. No flexibility, no innovation, not a place where I wanted to be. Then I thought of starting my own thing. There’s where the need of learning Web Development arrised.

I loved the idea of applying to Ironhack because it promised to compress a whole year of learning in just two months. Also, the proposed syllabus was aligned with the new technologies being used. That’s just what I needed to pick up the pace and being able to start my new project. I think I never got such a persistent amount of knowledge in such a small amount of time.

I really enjoyed the dynamism and good atmosphere we lived in those two months. It was perfect to be in the right mood for learning, being creative and come up with lot of new ideas.

During the bootcamp I built Impolutus. An online cleaning booking service. It was awesome to get the chance of being finalist at the Hackshow and talk about it in front of all that people. A few weeks ago I heard that some people have done the same thing (Impolutus). Now they have been bought. I lacked the resources to bring it forward. I learned a lot from it however.

After Ironhack I launched Gemfeed.com together with two other Ironhackers. We work five minutes from the beach but I won’t call it work. It’s more of developing with friends for some hours a day. It’s not fortuitous that we end up working together. Any person enrolling in Ironhack has something special. At least that’s what I felt while I was there. You get way more than the knowledge.

If you want to invest in good valious knowledge, gain time and become a competent Web Developer I would recommend Ironhack. If you want to start programming or you have some knowledge but want to learn what is being used now, I would also recommend it. It was the best investment I ever made and all my colleagues from my edition have a good positioned job now. I think that talks by itself ;)

• iOS Bootcamp
    - 9/1/2015
    Antonio Jiménez Martínez • iOS Developer

I arrive to Ironhack with some knowledge in mobile apps development, but it was after 8 weeks of intensive Bootcamp when in fact it was ready to start my career as a professional iOS developer. No doubt it was the right choice to reach my goal in the shortest time possible. As a result, one week before finishing the Bootcamp I got hired to start working as a iOS developer.

• Joseph Garcia • Student

My experience at Ironhack was one I will never forget. Ironhack pushed me to my limits like no other class or school l have attended. At times I felt like it was just all too much but would constantly tell myself that it will pay off at the end. Eight weeks straight of getting your hands dirty and setting yourself up for errors over and over again, just to realize at the end that you forgot one letter on your line of code. It wasnt the easiest thing I have ever signed up for but I am glad I did it, I am glad I kept pushing myself everyday and studied even on the weekends, It brought out a side of me that I have never seen.

Nizar(Teacher) and Josh (Teachers Assistant) were the best teachers anyone could ask for. They were accessable throughout the day even after class and on weekends. They did their absolute best to explain the problem that we were having on our assignments. They walk around and check that you have completed the exercises before moving on to the next slide/presentation to make sure that everyone is on the same page. Ariel, the owner balanced us out when we were fried from the content we had learned throughout the week, he kept us motivated and gave us therapy to make sure that we kept pushing. Alia (marketing manager) made sure that at the end all of our LinkedIn profiles and resumes were styled perfect, she also set us up with mock interviews which I learned so much from and I cant thank her enough for that.

Overall, I cant take anything away from Ironhack, they exceeded all of my expectations. It wasnt easy but then again it is not meant to be easy. They are going to challenge you day in and day out until you really get an understanding of things. If I had the chance to do it all over again I would, I am glad I stuck around and accomplished what I have wanted to do pretty much since I graduated high school and that is to become a developer.

• Joseph Garcia • Student

• Francisco Caro Díaz • Mobile developer • Graduate

I finished Ironhack course some months ago and I would like to share the amazing experience.

I suppose that many of you that are reading this are in the same situation I was some months ago. I will briefly detail my background so you can understand why I went to Barcelona to make the iOS Bootcamp.

Chapter 1: My experience before Ironhack

I was born in Palma del Río, a town between Córdoba and Seville and since I was young I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, a Computer Science Engineer (that was once I realize I wouldn’t go very far practicing sport’s…).

Since I began my Bachelor degree in Engineering in Seville I had clear that I was passionate about mobile projects and even more if they were related to education or sports.

Since my first year at university I tried to find courses related with apps / education and sports, but the only ones I found were about J2ME and an E-Learning Master. When I finished my degree I started working for a consultant firm in Seville and at the same time I get enrolled in a Master Degree about mobile apps. After that, I began working in several iOS and Android projects.

My first professional challenge as a freelance was an App for the European Cinema Festival hosted in Seville and there I realized I needed to strengthen my skills in IOS. In November 2013 I started searching in Google for iOS courses but none of them convinced me. I also entertained the possibility of going abroad, but as I wasn’t able to afford it, I thought that self-training was the best option.

Due to the large amount of work I had in my first activity and the subsequent as freelance, I had very few time to to self-train. Therefore, I started to search again at the beginning of 2015. And then "voilá!!": I found a super-intensive course of eight weeks in Madrid to develop iOS applications. I saw the agenda, the methodology and I checked the quality of the teachers. The agenda was coherent and embraced everything in a reasonable period of time. The teachers were professionals of ​​the iOS development area and with a high level of expertise in the subjects they taught.

At the beginning I had my doubts as many of my colleagues, I did not want to waste money and time in a course of such a short period of time, when perhaps I could learn the same by myself. Another aspect that helped me decide was the previous process I went through to be selected. The process and the pre-work strengthened my knowledge and provided me the confidence I needed to tackle the course. In addition, during the course they did not only taught language to develop IOS applications, they also taught us how to approach an application, with a good architecture based on concepts like clean code or using design patterns.

Chapter 2: Simply... IronHack.

Ironhack changed my life, professionally speaking. I saw a way to develop fully adapted to the real world, valid for iOS and for any other software. I could say that Ironhack changed my life, not only professionally. Ironhack is a family, I realized the first day with my classmates, teachers and people around. All I got from Ironhack was positive from the beginning to the end, from the first teacher to the last, and of course, from the first to the last colleague. To me, everything was perfect.

Everyday I went to school with more desire to learn, every day I learned something new that made me come the next day with more illusion. The feeling with my classmates was amazing. We shared ideas and developed them together. With regard to the teachers, everything was positive. They were very close o us, very flexible in class schedules and were always happy to help. In fact, I keep in touch with them, as colleagues they are awesome, and I am proud to have shared this experience  with them (as well as with my colleagues).

I also have to point out all the people I could meet thanks to my classmates and teachers. I have to thank them because they made me see that you can be a crack being at the same time nice and passionate as I am of this world of mobile development.

Chapter 3: There is something after IronHack.

Ironhack provides training and a number of contacts unreacheable if you have not worked for years in this sector. Not only realted to IOS development, they offer many possibilities with seminars and lectures given by reputed proffesionals, offering a glance of the projects from the point of view of programmeing, marketing and business.

In Barcelona we were very lucky as we were able to meet many leading programmers of different companies, and people with different roles within mobile technology projects. Also I have to highlight the role of those involved in the career guidance carried out at the end of the course. Without their support and advice, seeking employment opportunities would have been much more complicated.

For all this and much more, I can state that there is life after ironhack, and I am discovering that it is a totally different life with open doors and a much wider range of possibilities. In short, being part of Ironhack was decisive to be offered the jobs I have opted to.

I 100% recommend this course, with no doubt. It's a big sacrifice but absolutely worth it, and, as I said, not only professionally but also personally.

Ironhack family thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Francisco Caro.

Should you have any question about the course on how to cope it, how to survive it, or what to do after, etc. please do not hesitate to contact me.

Email: franciscocarodiaz@gmail.com

Skype: carodiazfrancisco

Twitter: @kurrokardi

Web: http://franciscocarodiaz.github.io/

• My experience
    - 8/21/2015
    Imanol Yañez • Software developer • Student

Time passes and its almost 2 years since I got accepted at IronHack, I remember the initial fear of not knowing what I was geting into and about how much what I was about to learn would impact my future career as a developer. Today I find myself in that near future and I can say that i could not be more pleased to be an Ironhacker, a part of an amazing and fast growing nextwork of developers. I would like to highlight what I found to be the most important aspect of my educational experiece: the people at Ironhack.

The Ironhack team is without doubt one of the best things of course, to get to know and see how they work and how they resolve in record time was truly enriching. To this day I still hold them as a reference.

The level of involvement of teachers is something remarkable, precisely it was one of the teachers the one who gave me the opportunity to work with his team, Tapquo. It was an awesome team, very unusual in the world of development, they were an elite in the industry and I had the privilege of sharing work and learn with them.

Finally we have the students.  Now we are very close friends, keep in touch and meet up whenever we can. In fact I am currently happily working with 2 of them precisely in projects we love like Gemfeed.

• Alexandra • Entrepreneur and engineer • Student

This is a personal opinion about my experience at IronHack Barcelona. I have to introduced myself as a customer experience and product oriented person, which means that I’m very sincere with all my experiences and also try to apply all that I've learned as an entrepreneur with a small non-tech startup company which focus on customer experience and product development. When I like something, I’ll be the best ambassador of that product or service, but when I’m not happy, I’m always very honest about my reviews. This is part of my own personal opinion of my whole bootcamp experience. Something that I wish someone would have told me before joining the bootcamp.

Before deciding to attend to IronHack, I have had several interviews for a few coding schools in the United States that were 12-weeks courses. Unfortunately, I didn’t get enough funds to attend to the one I really wanted. Then I found about IronHack in Barcelona that was a 8-week course and which the city’s living costs were also more affordable. Also all the reviews were almost 5 stars, so I decided to apply and prepare for the journey.

I did a lot of online tutorials and practices few simple coding challenges because the previous schools that I applied to demanded to have basic programming knowledge. I was very surprised that the interview process was very easy, maybe is because the main focus of the school is to take students from 0% to 80%. I had the chance that a friend that attended another bootcamp had shared with me his experience of his pre-work of the other school. So I was kind of surprised how disorganized and how poorly made the pre-course work was. We were not even ask how we were doing with it at the time.

I wrote my own very personal review, but since one of my classmates have better english writing skills and I couldn’t agree more on what the author wrote, which its content is similar the two pages I wrote, I asked for permission for posting and editing the review. I’ll just highlight a few other personal comments starting with  to slashes ( // )  at the end of each paragraph of the author's review.

We were supposed to be sent a overall bootcamp feedback survey, but even before that they were already asking us for positive feedback. My classmate's review post and my personal add-ons:

“ … Still, there has yet to be any surveys sent out, yet each week we had to complete two surveys on the quality of our instructors. This speaks volumes to the quality and goals of Ironhack. Additionally, we were told that there would be extensive career help, even a spreadsheet for us to fill out in order for Ironhack to track our progress, yet, this request for a review was sent out before even a slight mention of such a spreadsheet. There’s been no career follow up, no LinkedIn or resume reviews and I am extremely disappointed, to say the least.

// Before attending the bootcamp, IronHack sent me a PDF of more than 5 slides with "career support" that was supposed to taught during the whole duration of the bootcamp.

I'm an entrepreneur, and one of the things that completly appreciated about this bootcamp is that it was meant for entrepreneurs, as their Twitter profile says, note that not a single lecture involved any entrepreneurial concept with code.

My experience at Ironhack was amazing in regards to my peers and the quality of our TAs. Despite there being only one TA per 8 students, they went above and beyond to help us out and it was so appreciated.

// Thanks to the TAs for all their effort!

Aside from that, I entirely regret choosing Ironhack for my bootcamp experience as Ironhack has failed at their only two objectives: be a great educator and be a great business. My list of possible improvements is endless, but here are a few:

1    Start by actually vetting your instructors. Have them do a test run in front of you. Are they comfortable with public speaking? Do they engage the audience? Are they clear when speaking English? Are their materials written in proper English? Are the passionate about working with others? If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you shouldn’t be hiring the instructor. If you wouldn’t want to listen to them on a Monday morning, don’t hire them. Period.

// There were days that I honestly think I’d learned more in CodeSchool, that the current lecture because some of the teachers didn’t seem to be prepared or didn’t have high teaching skills.

2    Be upfront about the condition of the work space and classroom. Ironhack should be ashamed of the condition of our classroom in Barcelona. I was ashamed when posting class pictures because the room looked so horrible and rundown, and it was. Paint chipping, the room hadn’t been swept or dusted in forever, there were maybe only three quality chairs in the entire room (how are developers supposed to code for over 10 hours a day on plastic chairs?), the room was unbearably hot and we had to pretty much protest for weeks in order to get fans which then just circulated all of the dust around the room. The projector didn’t even have a screen and it was close to impossible to follow along with the instructors having to adjust their settings so frequently. The tables were not actually tables, but rather pieces of lumber stacked on wooden posts even though the average Mac in the classroom was worth $1500. If one of those Macs were to fall and break, I think we can both say that Ironhack was not going to cover the costs.

// The first thing I’d learn while studying at industrial engineering: work conditions (weather, ergonomics, etc) affects productivity. I truly understand and appreciate that Barcelona is such a environmentally friendly city, but take into account that 80% of our bootcamp was not form Barcelona, and I’m from Panama City, Panama (Central America), where is 30ºC all year round, and I haven’t been that suffocated by heat in a workspace in my entire life. 6 tables, 2 fans, not enough! By day 2 there where two more, and that wasn’t even enough. I literally had to bring my personal fan until the last day of the bootcamp because I couldn’t focus on class or during my final project.  Some electric extension were laying on the floor, where easily more than 10 times people have tripped because of them. Also, as programmers that were supposed to spend 10hrs+ a day in that room, I expected to at least have basics: water and coffee. Filtered water tanks or water dispensers with filters, specially when not even people from Barcelona drink their own tap water because it is awful!

3    Reevaluate which students are accepted into the program. While of course more students mean more money, if you don’t have enough TAs and are unwilling to provide more, then simply get more selective and accept fewer students. Also, students who have been working as a developer and beginners are not to be in the same class. Reevaluate your mission as a school and choose an audience. The majority of the time, it felt as if the instructors were speaking to 3 of the 16 students.

// Either you take people from 0% to 80%, or from 20% to 120%. There where students that haven’t even finished the pre-work before coming to class,  and where so lost on the basic concepts. I think it may have downgraded the class for people with more experience.

4    Establish your worth as a school and stick to it. Although each student paid the same amount, certain students have been afforded the opportunity to retake the bootcamp. If that is the case, are the rest of the students going to get half of their money back? I didn’t think so. I, in no way, learned as much as I thought I would have and I know I would have been given more attention had I chosen one of the American bootcamps, yet a second round at Ironhack was never offered to me. Keep it fair, it’s as a simple as that.

// The fact that there were several students that either dropped out or very lost in class and they just decided to skip some subjects and do what they could, should have never happened on the first place if the pre-work was better built and proper follow-up student/pre-work would have existed.

5    While MOB is clearly not the correct choice to host Ironhack, at the bare minimum, if it is known that there is going to be loudly obnoxious construction the FINAL DAY OF PRESENTATIONS, the day for which we prepare during the entire bootcamp, the day that Ironhack invites guests to listen to its student’s present, you find an alternative space in Barcelona to host the presentations. It’s not that hard, not to mention Ironhack’s connections to startups with amazing presentation spaces. I’m sure those startups would have loved the exposure and would have loved to be a part of the presentations. Get creative, don’t get lazy.

// At the HackShow, there where 40-50 people in that room, and I felt ashamed that the audience had to uncomfortable watch our presentations which such heat. Also, as a finalist for the top projects, I was very sad that not a single video was taken by IronHack, like the previous cohorts, or even t-shirts with our handles where given to all the students, to have memories about our experience presenting our final project. This may not sound very important, but if you start adding features, even as almost meaningless like the previously mentioned, you shouldn’t downgrade by taking it away. *MOB: Makers Of Barcelona, where the bootcamp was being held.*

6    Know your audience. During our “hiring help days”, the first thing that Alvaro said was that most of us probably aren’t comfortable with networking and approaching strangers. False. The majority of my class came from backgrounds like communications, media, marketing, sports, recruiting, journalism, customer service, etc. Learn about your students before you attempt to advise them. Additionally, don’t have us go into a corner and show you our LinkedIn profiles while you tear them apart -- it’s not thorough and it’s inefficient. Take the time to look at the profiles in advance, take some notes and then discuss with us. It will save both your time and the student’s.

// I like people being realistic, but Alvaro saying that it was almost impossible to get a job in Spain as a non european, was absolutely demotivational.  Nevertheless, one of my classmates and me, non europeans, got job offers, because we manage to find alternatives to pursue success. So, don’t just say it’s almost impossible without providing work arounds. Also, how come you claim to have a 97% rate of hired students when not even 50% of the students are showing up at interviews and  with such non-existing follow-up after that?

7    Hire more TAs. Don’t be greedy. Money is great, but a stronger reputation is worth much more and ensures longevity. Having to sit and wait 40 minutes to ask a question is beneficial for no one, especially a newbie.

// I get that some students may have slow pace while learning, but the other students that are paying the same amount of money, deserve the same kind of attention and assistance during class. If you don’t want to let anyone behind, make sure that each student is really prepared to start a coding bootcamp.

8    Lastly, hire someone that has both customer service and teaching experience to facilitate the education aspects of Ironhack. You need them. As a former educator, most of the things that went wrong were simply due to lack of planning and experience. Even our welcome meeting was lackluster and could have been full of creative and light-hearted icebreakers designed to get everyone introduced to one another.

// TAs had enough work as being TAs, someone that takes care of the customer experience and product is very needed so we don’t end out writing this long reviews!!!

I truly hope you view this feedback as constructive more than anything. Everyone wants to see Ironhack succeed, but without some adjustments it’s truly not worth it. "

// Couldn’t agree more with this!

And now, one of my best friends, who I recommended to learn to code and go to IronHack, is about to take the next cohort, and I just wish he can have a better over-all experience that I'd had. I'll definitly take another bootcamp in the next few years, this time one made in the USA.

• Bogdan Vasile

Turns out that after many years of work in a certain field I’d like to change something and focus only on doing things that keep me engaged and very enthusiastic about. Learning web development technologies was something I intended to do for a long time, but never actually took my time to just do it, I decided this is the time and I chose Ironhack based on their reputation, training curriculum and also because I really wanted to spend some time again in Barcelona :-).

I am really confident my investment will pay off, in fact I think it is one of the best investments I ever made. I met the most extraordinary group of people, my colleagues, and I learned a lot in a relatively short period of time. I never coded before, so the first week seemed like a lot to take in, but persisting in understanding as much as I could and getting support from the TAs, which are the greatest, I began to feel more at ease as I continued my learning journey.  At the end of the bootcamp my project was selected by a jury of senior developers as one of the top 5 projects in the class. I wish you all happy coding at Ironhack !

• Lu Martinez

Probably the most incredible part of the experience is the surprising level of continuous support from the entire IronHack team. With a family member serious ill throughout the process, I've sometimes had to shoot off to the hospital or the like temporarily. On each occasion, the team displayed genuine concern, which meant a lot, and helped me stay on track with the course. It's a testament to the IronHack mission of making us part of their community.

As an attorney and someone whose career is mostly in management/operations, IronHack teachers made it fairly seamless to transition to what was previously a foreign language (code).

Came to Bootcamp with already lofty expectations to be completely immersed in coding for 8 weeks. At its conclusion, I feel like it has exceeded those expectations by also being an immersive experience into technology and a style of thinking.