ironhack-logo

Ironhack

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Miami, Paris, Sao Paulo

Ironhack

Ironhack offers 9-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development, UX/UI design, and data analytics bootcamps in Miami, Florida; Madrid and Barcelona, Spain; Paris, France; Mexico City, Mexico; and Berlin, Germany. Ironhack uses a customized approach to education by allowing students to shape their experience based on personal goals. Students who graduate from the Web Development Bootcamp will be skilled in technologies like JavaScript, HTML5 and CSS3. The UX/UI program covers Design Thinking, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, and JavaScript. Data Analytics covers data wrangling/cleaning, APIs, web scraping, and intermediate topics in Git, MySQL, Python, Data visualization, Panda, and Machine Learning.

The admissions process for each program includes submitting a written application, a personal interview, and then a technical interview.

Throughout each Ironhack program, students will get help navigating career development through interview prep, enhancing digital brand presence, and networking opportunities. Students will have a chance to delve into the tech community with Ironhack events, workshops, and Meetups. With more than 1,000 graduates, Ironhack has an extensive global network of alumni and partner companies. Graduates of Ironhack will be well-positioned to find a job as a web developer or UX/UI designer upon graduation as all students have access to career services to prepare them for the job search and facilitating interviews in their city's local tech ecosystem.

Recent Ironhack Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (723) reviews for Ironhack →

Recent Ironhack News

Read all (26) articles about Ironhack →
  • Data Analytics Bootcamp (Full-time)

Madrid, Paris
    This course enables students to become a Full Fledged Data Analyst in 9 weeks. Students will develop practical skills useful in the data industry. Ramp-up pre-work and learn intermediate topics of data analytics using Pandas and data engineering to create a data application using real datasets. You'll also learn to use Python and Business Intelligence. Through the bootcamp you will learn by doing projects combining data analytics and programming. Ironhack's Data Analytics Bootcamp is meant to help you secure a spot in the data industry. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing.
    750€
    Basic programming knowledge
    40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level at the next module.
    Interview
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Full-Time)

HTML, User Experience Design, CSS
    Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City
    This 8 week immersive course is catered to beginners with no previous design or technical experience. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    None.
    The Pre-work is a 40 hours self-guided content that will help you to understand basic UX/UI Design concepts and it will make you design your first works in Sketch and Flinto.
    Interview
  • UX/UI Design Bootcamp (Part-Time)

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design, CSS
    Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Mexico City
    The UX/UI Design Part-time course meets Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays with additional online coursework over a period of 6 months. Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centered Design and learn to validate ideas through user research, rapid prototyping & heuristic evaluation. The course will end with a capstone project where students will take a new product idea from validation to launch. By the end of the course, students will be ready to start a new career as a UX Designer, Freelance or turbo charge their current professional trajectory.
    750€ or 9,000$MXN
    Financing options available* with competitive interest rates. Skills Fund + Climb Credit
    Basic programming skills, basic algorithms and notions of object oriented programming.
    40-50 hours of online content that you'll have to complete in order to reach the required level when the course begins/
    Interview
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Full-time)

In Person
    Amsterdam, Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City
    This course enables students to design and build full stack JavaScript web applications. Students will learn the fundamentals of programming, with a big emphasis on battle-tested patterns and best practices. By the end of the course, students will have the ability to evaluate a problem and select the optimal solution using the language/framework best suited for a project’s scope. In addition to technical skills, the course will train students in how to think like a programmer. Students will learn how to deconstruct complex problems and break them into smaller modules. However, the most important skill that students will take away from this course is the ability to learn. Technology is fast-moving and ever-changing. A good programmer has a general understanding of the various programming languages and when to use them. A great programmer understands the fundamental structure and possesses the ability to learn any new language when required.
    $1000
    Monthly instalments available for 12, 24, 36 months (Quotanda)
    $1,000 Scholarship for women.
    Interview
  • Web Development Bootcamp (Part-Time)

AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, JavaScript, Express.js, Node.js, Front End
    September 21, 2019
    Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City
    $1000
    September 21, 2019 - ParisApply by August 21, 2019

• Guillermo A.  User Photo
    Guillermo A. • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Great intensive experience, the instructors were awesome, as well as the staff...the setting and the infrastructure were super. Great friends and experiences during the nine weeks it lasted. Career fair was a cool program adition after graduation.

• BOOOM
    - 4/5/2019
    Samuel Bouaroua  User Photo
    Samuel Bouaroua • fullstack web developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Worked as a photo editor in medias for five years before switching to code.

Had a previous degree in Fine Arts and photography. Have no computer science degree, did online courses and tutorials for some months before going to Ironhack, out of curiosity and to be sure it's my thing.

I wanted to get some formal code teaching and carrieer advice to go pro so I was looking into bootcamps in Paris.

Since I am a rather skeptical person and tend not to believe comments etc.. I went to see a hackshow (student showcasing their final projects) and talked in person with graduated students who landed jobs, exceptions who didn't. Also did the same with other bootcamps and found Ironhack was the best fit for me.

Ironhack helped me through all the necessary steps to achieve my goal to land a fulltime job as a dev.

They helped me with financing the bootcamp, kept me on track during the prework and then put me with amazing students who all wanted to change their life like me. I met motivated and positive people to learn and work with.

The teaching and curriculum was amazing, very rich ! I never felt bore, always found class, ressources and exercises to go deeper and challenge myself with.

The difficulty raises progressively and teacher and assistants were very available thourgh the whole bootcamp. Pair programming garantee homogenous level between students, helped us to learn how to communicate about code and helped me to success further objectives than when coding on my own.

Also I believe the curriculum is understandable from different levels, every one learnt, from people with no coding experience to engineers with some obvious previous experience.

Solid carrier advice and coaching was given during all the bootcamp to assist us and get us ready to the job market which is a furnace. They made job dating sessions and put us in touch with tech job recruiters to help us with the first contacts.

Secured a fulltime job in less than 3 weeks after graduation, would do the bootcamp  2 times in a row for the fun and the impact it had on my life !

Ironhack helped me with 80% of the thing, 20% (or more!!) has to be self motivation and commitment to what you're doing.

I would recommeænd it to anyone who want to get serious education, a professionnal environment to grow and push limits 🎯.

• Quique  User Photo
    Quique • UX/UI designer • Student Verified via GitHub

As a designer, I wanted to boost my skills in UX design. The Bootcamp did it. It was an awesome experience. It was hard, really hard, but I learn A LOT!!! And found SUPER nice people. And the staff, Ta's and teachers are simply GREAT! Highly recommended.

• Nicolás Figliozzi  User Photo
    Nicolás Figliozzi • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have a background in Software Industry. I needed to boost my career. So I wanted to have the time to work in projects to get really deep in UX-UI. The experience wasn't only successful. Ironhack also give me a really nice place, with really nice people to share during the 10 weeks of the bootcamp. I can say that's become like a home, where I could stay comfortable and grew as a professional.

• nunnapat  User Photo
    nunnapat • Web Development • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Ironhack in Miami is the best Bootcramp changing my life. I learn  JavaScript, React.js, Express.js, Node.js, MongoDB, HTML,HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, jQuery  and i have 3 project for my portfolio. Ironhack staff they are amazing so nice and friendly every body work there they are like a familly culture and my teacher is so nice and kind his alway do his best to help me out with the part i don't understand. On career week and hiring fair is really good experience for me all the company came looking a new web devoloper they are very professional and friendly.

•  Kayla Campbell  User Photo
    Kayla Campbell • UX Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

My overall experience with Ironhack has been extremely rewarding. David fast is a wonderful teacher and mentor who is interested in his student's success past their graduation. Daniel Brito is another gem at Ironhack (one of many) who has helped me in placing me with a company post-graduation. The curriculum in general is focused on building a strong foundation in design thinking and execution. Because of the holiday season, our web-dev week was cut a bit short, this is something I was hoping we'd have the full week for. There was also no shortage of interesting and informative events hosted at Ironhack, this was great for having some extra informational sessions that gave insight into many different aspects of the creative community. Overall would recommend.

• Yamil Santana  User Photo
    Yamil Santana • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have always wanted to start a career in tech but wasn't sure how to start until I found Ironhack. After months of research, I decided to do a 9-week bookcamp in UX design at Ironhack in Miami. This program gave me the tools I needed to go out there and start searching for a job as a designer. Coming from a hospitality background It wasn't easy, It was very challenging, to the point that I felt once or twice like walking out. However, I followed through the whole program and was totally worth it. The facility was amazing, open 24 hours for students with multiple different areas to work on projects and networking events. The staff was also always friendly and available to you at anytime. If you are looking for a career change or learn more about UX or even Web Development I  highly suggest considering Ironhack as your first choice.

• Geoffroy  User Photo
    Geoffroy • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

About Me

I worked in a tech company where I started to do basic coding (VBA). It peaked my interest, so I began learning on my own by taking courses online. I realized I loved it and needed to quit my job to learn and deep dive in it. I chose Ironhack because of the very up to date courses they have (React, Node.js).

The Bootcamp

It is very intense but also very fulfilling! You learn a lot from 9 to 7pm for 9 weeks and even more during project weeks. If you want to do it, be prepared to dedicate 100% in it.

The bootcamp is seperated in 3 modules where you have 2 weeks of lessons+exercises and 1 week of project. It is crazy what you can achieve doing in some little time!

Teacher

Our teacher (Nizar) was great on all aspects: very knowledgeable with great teaching skills. It was a pleasure to be in his class and he is key in the bootcamp's success.

How they help you find a job?

At the end of the course, there is one week of meeting with companies of all kind : startup, consulting, bigger companies,etc. It is a great first touch with people from HR and developers in the companies and a good opportunity to show your projects and settle for a next interview. Ironhack helps well to prepare for this exercise (pitch practice, CV, etc).

After the bootcamp

After Ironhack, finding a job is a full-time job. You need to code everyday to keep up with what you have learned and also apply to companies, take coding tests, etc. I applied to more than 10 companies and received 2 offers. I needed also to learn extra stuff we didn't have the time to learn in class (more related to general knowledge).

I got hired 1 month after. Now starts a new challenge...

Conclusion

If you want to become a developer, start a company or just learn how to code and build applications, I strongly recommend Ironhack. But it also means hardworking and putting in a lot of energy during 9 weeks. But it is worth it!

• Awesome experience
    - 2/17/2019
    Régis Magnier  User Photo
    Régis Magnier • Support engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

When I was looking for a way to change my career I remember reading something like "Ironhack is a life changing experience" in a review.

3 months later this apply to me. This experience changed my life the the way I wanted to. Every expectations I had were met and even more.

After 9 weeks you are able to code and build an app using the MERN stack (Mongo, Express, React and Node) and learn by yourself what will make you a good developer. And also to find a job and begin your new carreer.

Everything is put in place to help you to succeed: from the main teacher (a high skilled, always helping, pedagogue and friendly guy) to the carreer manager (a high skilled, always helping and friendly woman), the working environment (a 24/7 office with an astonishing rooftop including coffee, tea, drinks, comfortable working areas ...) ...

I've met a lot of interesting people, made good friends, created a large and solid network and on the top of it: found the job I dreamed about.

It's hard, it's intense (you will do nothing else but learn and code) but it is worth it. Do not hesitate to go there and meet people during an event they are organizing.

• Chloé Hipeau-Disko  User Photo
    Chloé Hipeau-Disko • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you are looking for a quick and efficient way to learn web development, Ironhack is a perfect place to go to. After only few weeks, you know what JavaScript, Node.js, React.js, Express, MongoDB, Mongoose and much more are... And you don't only learn how to code but also to work in team and work with pair programming that are also good skills to have in your future.

The staff in Ironhack is nice and very helpful. You'll have a good environment to work in and for the days you're struggling, there is always someone caring and to whom you can speak.

On top of it, during a bootcamp, you meet people in a very intense moment of your life. These people have the same interest than you, so you make lots of friends and you begin your professional new life with a good network.

If you hesitate to enroll in Ironhack, go to meet the team and the students during an event and you will be convinced! :)

• Corrado Passera  User Photo
    Corrado Passera • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Ironhack is something that changes you forever. I know it's hard to believe it but I'll do my best to explain my point of view.
    I joined the web development bootcamp to make a career change and it was a complete success: I went from being an engineer in another country to being a web developer in France in a matter of months!
    I already had some knowledge about the taught topics prior to the bootcamp - that helped a lot as the course is really intense - but I still needed to consolidate my skills, acquire new ones and focus full-time on coding.
    Not only did the bootcamp match those expectations, it also allowed me to land my dream job in little more than a month since graduation and it was a great investment for my future.

The course structure is great and each module focuses on a key aspect: it helps keeping things that simple. Also the technical stack is modern and highly valuable in the job market; you learn JavaScript and then use it in the backend and in the frontend; I think it's a smart choice and you can have so much more practice using always the same language.
    If I had to highlight just one aspect of the bootcamp, it would be working on the 3 projects with other students: it really helped shaping us as developers and working with people with so diverse backgrounds - but with the same objective in life - was the greatest learning and working experience I've ever had.

Thanks to the topics covered during classes, which were always engaging and featuring what you really need to know, we were able to progress really quickly. The instructors and teaching assistants were extremely helpful and they always strove to make everything as smooth as possible for all the students.
    Pair programming and exercises were a daily task and they allowed us to discover many topics and real life workflows in software development.
    However a lot of effort is required to stay on track: only passion and commitment will drive you through the 9 weeks, so be sure about your objectives and dreams. If it checks for you, then you'll be a perfect match.

Also the career services were a great asset to me: I have learnt all you need in order to find the right job. We met several professionals in the sector during the whole course and the hiring fair was a blast! We met 14 companies (and some of us were hired by these very companies) in 2 days and it was the best training I could have asked for all the following interviews.

However I think that the course materials (written lessons and exercises) still need some improvement: as technologies evolve so quickly, it's hard to keep all the materials up to date. I don't think that this issue was a limiting factor for the bootcamp at all but I'd like to be honest about it. Also a major revision of the contents is in progress, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Moreover Ironhack keeps growing and evolving so it can only get better with time.

On a final note, the location and the people you meet there are amazing and you'll definitely want to stick around every day.
    I hope this review can be useful to other people as I've tried to cover some of the topics that concerned me before joining the course. Finding out that such a short formation can bring so much value was the greatest surprise to me and I can't recommend it enough to people who are committed to changing their life.

• Ross Gravitte  User Photo
    Ross Gravitte • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I joined Ironhacks full-time web-development program because like most students - i was looking to make a career change and saw the great reviews that ironhack had received. The experience i had certainly lived up tot the expectations i had based on the reviews. The campus is very nice - they provide food/coffe and all the necessities in dedicating 9 hours of your day 5 days a week there. The entire staff is very helpful and friendly. They also host networking/social events for students and people within the industry.

The ciririculum was on point as well - broken into three sections you learn everything including JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Express, React, and various JavaScript libraries as well. They base the cirriculum on the current demands of companies who are hiring developers. Everything taught is relevant and practical.

Where Ironhack excels the most is the most important part of joining an extensive program - job assistance. Daniel Brito is responsible for assisting students in the job hunt after graduation, and he goes above and beyond in doing so. In my first week he held one on ones with every student and he mentioned that if you do everything that he tells you then you will be successful in finding a job. He lived up to that promise as i was able to find a job within 2 weeks of our hiring fair. He is extremely well connected  when it comes to the tech space in south florida. Our hiring fair had many reputable companies who were actively hiring. He continues to communicate and help once the hiring fair is complete.

All in all - i had a fantastic experience at Ironhack, and if you are looking to be employed shortly after an extensive program, i highly recommend it.

• Alice  User Photo
    Alice • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I completed the UX/UI full-time program in Miami, FL in 2018.

I did a lot of research, soul-searching, and self-teaching prior to the program.  In general, I had a positive experience with the program, but it has its share of pros and cons, and would benefit some more than others.

One of the best parts of the program is the classroom/workshop setting.  It was challenging to make much progress learning on my own despite having several friends who are already experienced UX designers.  The opportunity to connect with others who are also looking to break into the field, share ideas and learnings with them, and build a portfolio alongside them, was invaluable.

The other is the job placement support.  At the end of the program, students are able to attend a hiring fair, which is like speed-dating with companies for jobs.  That in itself is an amazing opportunity for new designers.  Additionally, the outcomes manager, Brito, is a fantastic resource.  He is well-connected in the industry within South Florida and readily available to provide guidance with your job search.  That said, if you aren't looking for a job in South Florida, then I'm not so sure that Ironhack Miami would be the best program for you -- I would definitely recommend a program that is local to wherever you want to begin your career.

I also really appreciated the instructor, David Fast.  He is super knowledgeable and a great mentor.  I always got tons of insight whenever I had a 1:1 with him.  However, even in my class of only 11 students, this was a rare and often rushed occurence.  In one instance, I was scheduled to meet with David last, and then my meeting never happened.  I wished the program were better structured to allow all students an equal opportunity to meet with their instructor regularly.

We also had a high churnover of TAs, and some were more helpful than others.

The curriculum could also be improved.  It was very high-level and theoretical -- a lot of content that we could have easily read about on our own.  Sometimes we just watched a YouTube video in class -- it boggles me that I am paying tuition, commuting to class, and spending classtime to watch something I could have streamed at home.  I'd rather classtime be spent on learning "tricks of the trade", things that would boost our skills and portfolio, things that we could readily transfer to the workplace.  Not things that I could easily Google or watch on YouTube.

The program manager, Jessica, is super personable and resourceful.  I appreciated her effort to provide opportunities for us to work with real companies for our final project.  Although I was very excited by the idea, ultimately I passed on the opportunity because the options available were limited and did not align with my learning or portfolio goals.  I know that some of my classmates had less than positive experiences working with these companies as well.  I think this is one area where, if improved, could make or break my recommendation of the program to others.

Finally, I don't think this program is for everyone.  I think either the interview process or the pre-work or both could be a bit more rigorous to set the right expectations.  If you ask the Web Dev students why they enrolled in their program, 99% of the time they would say it's because they love coding.  But if you asked the UX students the same question, you rarely hear that it's because they love design or product.  I think Ironhack could better screen prospective students and help them be sure that this is the right step for them.

I hope this review helps and provides some food for thought!

• Sandra  User Photo
    Sandra • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I was a full-time student for the UX/UI Design program in Miami, FL. It was an intense program but overall a great experience. My instructor was Daveed Fast. He is a very knowledgeable and supportive person. He will always encourage you and help you.

To me, there were two great highlights of this program. First, Jessica, the program manager, was able to find some real life business problems (from real companies) for some of us to work on our final project. This was, without doubt, one of the best outcomes from this program. Second, the placement help. Brito, the outcomes manager, is a very well connected person in the industry. He will advise you since the beginning of the cohort, and he really goes above and beyond trying to help you land your first job.

In my opinion, there are two things Ironhack should improve. First, they should be more strict with the pre-work, this will help new students get a better idea of the intensity of the program and it will prevent some from falling behind on the first weeks. Second, they should definitely be more thoughtful when selecting the TAs. They changed our assigned TA four times. Quick note: Snezana is without doubt the BEST TA you could get!  :)

Overall, it was a great experience and would recommend it to anyone.

• Allana Ferreira  User Photo
    Allana Ferreira • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I first heard of Ironhack through the Uber Scholarship. I'm usually very careful when making decisions, and while doing my research on the school I found so many good reviews that it was hard to believe. But they are all true. If you have doubts about doing the Bootcamp: go for it!

Although it is a tough experience, the instructors and TAs are really helpful and will make sure you have all the support you need, even after the Bootcamp is over. We also had the pleasure of having the general manager (Alia) as a classmate and I could see that the school is run by awesome people that really care about its students.

• Rustam Samigullin  User Photo
    Rustam Samigullin • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I joined IronHack on October 22nd. Today is Jan 31st and I already have a job as software developer.

Friendly IronHack staff helps you to build several skills, not only programming. Most important ones were job hunting, interviewing skills, and of course JavaScript. These 3 can easily help you to land your first job in tech. Building provides several types of cofee, amaing roof top, BEER after 5pm if you are 21+.

So, for just 2 months I got what I was hunting for.

I would recommend IronHack everyone who is looking for career change!

• Maria Sabando  User Photo
    Maria Sabando • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I did a lot of research before joining Ironhack and while there are courses out there that teach similar content and/or the information is open sourced it is not being taught by a UX professional like David Fast. He presented the information in a clear manner and incorporated examples that resonated with the class. Most importantly at Ironhack you learn by doing, so it is not just a series of lectures but actual practical tips that you can take with you after you leave the course. For the most part I truly appreciated everything I learned from the curriculum, except for the crammed week of html/css which could have been structured better. However, the Ironhack team was open to feedback and provided some additional insights into a tool that was not originally included in the curriculum.

Regarding job assistance, Daniel Brito does a great job at preparing the upcoming graduates for the best career outcome. He is always one slack message away to answer questions and provide guidance. However, future students, let me be clear that Brito is there to provide guidance, not hold your hand until you find a job. It is up to the graduate to find opportunities and pursue them, but rest assured that Brito will be on your corner to help you close on that future opportunity.

Overall, Ironhack was great experience and one I would highly recommend to others!

• Meishara Jaghai  User Photo
    Meishara Jaghai • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    The instructors are all very different as are their teaching styles, which is refreshing and keeps you on your toes when it comes to learning. The environment is very inviting with larger windows, a rooftop work area, and plenty of amenities. The most important skill I learned from Ironhack is that if you are always prepared and organize things seldom go wrong, but if they do you're still ahead of the game. In the course work this skill came forth to me through learning Atomic design, which made my designing easier and faster. My overall experience was encouraging and motivates me to be creative everyday!
  • Jonathan Diaz  User Photo
    Jonathan Diaz • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I first heard of Ironhack while in my uber ride and I was looking in the app to see that Uber was partnering up with Ironhack to promote a scholarship, after applying and studying a lot I got it and enrolled for the part-time UX course. It was the most challenging and awarding 24 weeks I've ever done in as a student. But the hard work was worth it. They really teach you the value of the tech field and everything that is learned in the classroom is applied in real-world scenarios. The classroom environment is a great inspiration with projects collaboration with fellow colleagues and a fantastic location to easily get a publix sub a block away. The staff is helpful and very knowledgeable about the coursework and it really builds up the fundamentals important enough to start a career with amazing support, and a job fair to really show potential recruiters what you're all about.

• Amazing Experience
    - 1/24/2019
    Kenlee Castillo  User Photo
    Kenlee Castillo • UX/UI Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I first received an email from Daniel Brito about applying to their UX/UI course because people with my background in design flourished in that field after taking a course...at the time I couldn't attend due to financial reasons but less than 3 months later I applied to the Uber scholarship to attend Ironhack and was accepted!

I have not regretted it at all...it was more than a bootcamp...I graduated with the skills necessary to be a UX designer along with life skills as well. I'm super grateful for the people I had the pleasure of meeting who I consider life long friends now...

I highly recommend Ironhack to all those who are willing to take a chance and do something non traditional...just because it's non traditional doesnt mean it doesnt have substance or value, just go and find out for yourself...I did and I have no regrets other than I wish I'd had started sooner.

Thank you to EVERYONE at Ironhack for everything!

• UX UI Designer
    - 1/21/2019
    Alberto  User Photo
    Alberto • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I studied in Ironhack and as most people on my class thoughts Ironhack is not just a Bootcamp, it's an experience. I learned about UX UI methodologies I worked in a team group making sprints, for me is the most similar company environment.

My mates were incredible, people from other countries, an international environment, other ways of thinking, different solutions. In fact, I learned also, about the background of them.

I'm feeling ready to join a company and show what I'm capable to do

My suggestion is DO IT.

• Ironhack Miami
    - 1/15/2019
    Rachel Hofer  User Photo
    Rachel Hofer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was a full-time student for the Full-Stack Web Development Cohort that graduated Dec 18, 2018. I had an AMAZING expereience with Ironhack Miami. To give you an idea of how the class is structured, Week 1 and 2: FRONTEND: learn JS, HTML, CSS, jQuery, DOM Manipulation, Canvas. Week 3: Use those skills to create a game application, present at end of the week. Week 4 and 5: BACKEND: learn Node.js and Express, amongst numerous other topics. Week 6: Use those skills to create a full-stack application, present at the end of the week. Week 7: Learn React.js. Week 8 and 9: Create a Full-Stack MERN application, present at the end of Week 9. All non-project weeks are pretty much structured the same: Topic 1 in the monirng, then a paired lab. Topic 2 in the afternoon, then a solo lab. The class was structured to have one lead instructor and 2 TAs. While this might sound similar to other bootcamps you've researched, I would like to point out the "stand outs" that make Ironhack Miami unique, which are the reasons why I ultimately choose it instead of other bootcamps i looked at:

1. Career Services: I can pretty much gaurantee you will not find another bootcamp with a Career Services Manager like Daniel Brito. Not only is he incredibly well connected and great at creating partnerships with the school and local companies, but he is SO resourceful and involved. He typically lectured once a week to the class for an hour, and once you graduate the meetings get more frequent and more specialized to each student and their current job situation. I've been a working professional for 10 years and Brito still had great LinkedIn, Resume and Career advise to offer that I had never heard. While Brito is not the ONLY benefit to joining Ironhack, he is the most impactful benefit, hands down.

2. Pre-Work: This was the second most beneficial part of Ironhack for me. Other bootcamps I looked at did not require pre-work, but this was by far the difference that made me not completely lost when I started school. While the pre-work was VERY hard for me, as I was a career changer and not used to the terminology, the technologies or anything, the pre-work was SO helpful becuase it . forced me to familiarize myself with all of this BEFORE class started. If there had no been . pre-work, I don't think I would have been nearly as successful in the class as I was.

3. Building.co: this is the building Ironhack is located in. Some great features to note about it that were super helpful being a student- 24 hour access to the building, via secured access, unlimited free granola bars, unlimited free coffee (of ANY type), unlimited beer on draft starting at 5 PM, cool kitchen/outdoor space with picnic tables and corn hole to relax adn take breaks. Building.co is a co-working space so there are a lot of tech people who have desks there to work, which is ideal for networking as a tech student.

4. Guest speakers: tech speakers were brought in typically once every 2 weeks to talk to the calss. This was helpful for networking purposes, but also more for insight into the industry, what people do, waht they are looking for, etc.

5. Lisa - the Growth Manger, was always great about hosting industry events at Building.co and in the area for students to attend with Miami tech industry people. This, again, was great for networking and more exposure to the industry.

6. The curriculum was well thought out and offers a lot of resources for you to have outside of class. If you pay attention in class, then go back and read all of the lectures, you will get the most benefits. Now that I am out of school and interviewing, I realize how many of the interview questions/vocab were in our lesson plans, I just nevere read them during class. READ THE LECTURES!!! They are super helpful!!

7. Laslty, the overall atmosphere created by the Ironhack Team is truly incredible. It is such a family/friend atmosphere where you work super hard, pull intense all nighters, but there is a sense of "we are in this together" and "we are here for you" which makes the whole process more fun and enjoyable.

• Regli Núñez  User Photo
    Regli Núñez • UX Ui designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Ironhack is not just a bootcamp, it's an experience. Everything you learn is essential to develop yourself as a person and as a worker beyond the knowledge itself.
    I am very happy to have done the bootcamp and I recommend it to everyone.

• paola lefort  User Photo
    paola lefort • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Motivating, encouraging and challenging environment. Everyone can grow and push its own boundaries at it space while being given a meaningful path to follow; with the right tool set in hands and a strong support to do so. The program is built in a smart way for us to focus and questions on the right things. It geniusly build a link between technical knowledge and practical business perspective. What a smart and complementary teaching team. On top of that, everything is done in a way to feel home, and meet a rich mix of students and Ironhack team members.