interaction-design-foundation-logo

Interaction Design Foundation

Interaction Design Foundation

Interaction Design Foundation’s UX bootcamps are part-time, fully online programs with a focus on job-readiness. Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF) is an independent non-profit initiative with a mission to make design education affordable and accessible. Every bootcamp is designed to help students develop practical skills and a portfolio through Capstone project work.

IxDF bootcamps are mentor-led. Mentors in the Interaction Design Foundation bootcamps are experienced UX design professionals with 5-15 years of experience. Beginner-level bootcamps in UX Fundamentals, User Research and Design Thinking include a dedicated mentor as well as live classes with an instructor and group critiques with peers. The UX Portfolio and Career bootcamp includes a dedicated mentor, peer reviews and consultations with design recruiters.

Students are also given a one-year Interaction Design Foundation membership, which includes Interaction Design Foundation courses, which are available to those who wish to supplement or expand on their knowledge from bootcamp.

All bootcamps include a verifiable certificate of completion. Students who complete at least 3 beginner-level bootcamps are also eligible for an IxDF UX Certification with a Job Guarantee.

Recent Interaction Design Foundation Reviews: Rating 4.63

all (59) reviews for Interaction Design Foundation →

Recent Interaction Design Foundation News

• Design Thinking Bootcamp

Product Management, Mobile, Growth Hacking, Design, User Experience Design
      Start Date August 30, 2021
      Co-create, innovate and develop human-centered solutions for complex problems through powerful design thinking methods. Learn proven, industry-relevant methods through real-world projects, with the help of expert guidance from mentors and instructors. Ideal for people from any background, at any level of experience. You don’t need prior design knowledge or skills. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in design thinking methods, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee.
      Minimum Skill LevelYou don’t need prior design knowledge or skills. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in design thinking methods, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
    • User Experience (UX) Fundamentals Bootcamp

Virtualization, User Experience Design, Design
      Start Date August 30, 2021
      A beginner-level bootcamp that can give you the perfect mix of expert guidance + real-world projects to fast-track your learning. Ideal for anyone who wishes to begin their career in UX Design, and would like to explore what UX is all about. This Bootcamp will give you a rock-solid foundation in UX theory and practice. When you graduate, you won’t be ready to apply to jobs just yet, but you'll be well on your way in the first step to changing your career to UX Design. As a non-profit, the Interaction Design Foundation is able to offer a bootcamp at a price that's 80% lower than the average price of bootcamps in the industry. You can expect top quality mentors and resources, round-the-clock support and expert assistance without breaking the bank!
      DepositNo deposit required.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available.
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelYou don’t need any prior design skills, experience or education in design in order to take the UX Fundamentals bootcamp. This bootcamp will teach you essential skills and concepts that will help you to continue learning UX. You'll learn UX by doing UX.
    • User Research Bootcamp

Start Date August 30, 2021
      UX without user research is a recipe for bad UX. Great design is rooted in user insights. Develop in-demand skills to become a User Researcher in this bootcamp. Learn through real-world research projects and activities, guided at every stage by mentors and instructors. The bootcamp is ideal for people from any background or level of experience. Prior design knowledge or skills are not required because you will learn user research by actually doing user research. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior experience in UX or user research, you can opt for more advanced projects and outcomes.
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available
      Refund / GuaranteeRefund policy: 14-day money-back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelThe bootcamp is ideal for people from any background or level of experience. Prior design knowledge or skills are not required because you will learn user research by actually doing user research. The bootcamp is suitable for beginners; if you have prior
    • UX Portfolio and Career Bootcamp

An exciting opportunity to create and hone your personal portfolio site and get ready for a new job in UX. You’ll be paired with a mentor who suits your personality, knowledge and experience to ensure you receive the most valuable feedback and advice. What’s more, you’ll work on unique projects relevant to your industry and career interests, get support with your job applications and have a call with a design recruiter! As a non-profit, the Interaction Design Foundation is able to offer a bootcamp at barely 10% of the average price of bootcamps in the industry. You can expect top quality mentors and resources, round-the-clock support and expert assistance without breaking the bank!
      DepositNo deposit required
      Tuition PlansMonthly payment installment plans available.
      Refund / Guarantee14-day money back guarantee
      Minimum Skill LevelPrior knowledge of UX design is advised. The bootcamp is fully practical and does not include any theory components. If you have prior experience or knowledge in UX, then you can benefit from the practical, career-oriented focus of the bootcamp.
      Prep WorkOnce enrolled, you'll go through a comprehensive onboarding process to help us shortlist the best mentors for your unique needs and goals.
    • Maria Oldewage • UX Designer • Student
      I had a really good mentor for the duration of the bootcamp; they were very active and helped me to stay on top of the projects. The resources provided by the Interaction Design Foundation are really helpful and informative, and they provided a good choice of project briefs. My mentor helped me pick the right projects to work on, both in terms of my interests and what would help with my portfolio. There were also weekly updates from the Interaction Design Foundation to give an indication of where you should be with your progress, but there is also flexibility to allow for a busy schedule. I would recommend this bootcamp as it is really helpful for building a UX portfolio, whether from scratch or improving your existing one, and with a subscription to the courses available from the IDF you get all the resources to help you on your journey. It is also really good value for money.
    • Ebony • Freelance UX Designer • Graduate
      The largest benefit was working with a mentor. I am so so grateful I was matched with someone who continued to encourage me throughout the process. I don't think I would have had the confidence to go forward with freelancing and I'm so glad I did. Additionally, I needed assistance with my portfolio and understanding the UX job market. Unfortunately, I can't speak too much to the coursework because 2020 continues to be a trying year, resulting in significant changes in my capacity. Nonetheless, I will say the staff at IDF were extremely understanding. As an IDF member, I'm taking some of the recommended coursework now, even though the bootcamp is over. The platform and itself is definitely a great resource and I'm happy to be a part of the community.
    • UX DESIGN BOOTCAMP
      - 9/12/2020
      Kristal Hernandez • UX/UI • Graduate
      Even though I had other expectations of it, as I thought it would be more like an online class; my experience with their mentorship program was great. My mentor Hannah was awesome and she gave me great feedback.  So if you’re good with a more independent study kind of program, this is the right bootcamp for you.
    • Bootcamp
      - 9/9/2020
      Kristine Philliponi • UX designer • Graduate
      Much more affordable than other Bootcamps and more focused on developing a portfolio rather than didactic teaching.  I think this is definitely more useful as you can learn the UX basics yourself from content in the web. The project briefs provided really guide you through the process of designing a well-researched case study.
    • UX BOOTCAMP
      - 9/7/2020
      Ivett • UX Visual Designer • Student
      The IDF bootcamp was a great experience for me. I got a job within weeks of finishing my portfolio with a 35% pay increase. The mentorship was superb, very knowledgable with lots of years of experience in the field. I recommend this camp especially for anyone like myself who's transitioning from visual arts to UX.
    • Johna Stone • Designer • Graduate
      I came from a fashion design background with very little prior knowledge about UX/UI design, and I registered the Bootcamp with skepticism and just wanted to see if I would actually like it. I'm so glad I went with IDF UX Bootcamp, the price is very reasonable, and the mentor they paired me with is experienced and supportive, in the end, I was able to complete two solid UX case studies, which I feel confident to present to future job opportunities. I highly recommend the Interaction Design Foundation to anyone who wants to learn UX/UI design!
    • Lisa Stuhr • UX Designer • Graduate
      This course was full of useful information - reading and videos. It is completely self paced. The school is extremely responsive if you have questions. I was given a choice of three mentors with different backgrounds. The case studies were helpful. I felt I had adequate sessions with my mentor.
    • Sébastien Chaine • UX Designer • Graduate
      Definitely a great bootcamp for a reaonable price.

If you feel you know enough theory and wants to put it to practice, this is the place to be. You get to choose your mentor and he/she will support and help you in this short (8 weeks but intense journey. In the end, you'll have at least one full project to showcase in your portfolio. Now you just have to apply and get that new job!

Oh and, I almost forgot to mention, within the price is included access to IDF online courses which are ideals to keep on improving on some specific areas. Definitely worth it!
    • Renata • Designer • Student
      I have been a web designer for 5 years and as time went on, more and more of the projects I was assigned to required knowledge about user experience. Getting into UX became a necessity and when I saw that I could join for a price close to 1,000 USD, I decided to enroll. Signing up for this course was one of the best career moves I ever made. I got a UX job before I finished the program, so I can definitely recommend this course for everybody thinking about getting into UX.
    • UX Design
      - 7/13/2021
      Great, self-teaching course. Make sure you pair yourself with a mentor who aligns with your goals.
      The bootcamp was a great experience for me to continue to learn after graduating college. My mentor gave me so much great feedback, and the resources were also great.