hyperiondev-logo

HyperionDev

Cape Town, Johannesburg, London, Online

HyperionDev

HyperionDev offers part-time and full-time bootcamps in software engineering (6-12 months), data science (3-6 months), and web development (3-6 months) available online and in person at campuses in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa. HyperionDev’s deep experience supports students’ ability to code and helps them achieve career-focused skills. Students will engage in tailored courses and coding exercises that integrate human-led code review. HyperionDev has partnered with organizations such as Google, Facebook, The University of Edinburgh, The Computer Science Association of South Africa, Oracle, and the South African Department of Education to ensure the highest quality standards.

To apply, students should have a motivation and dedication to learn and apply their minds to more complex tasks in programming. The bootcamps are written and spoken in English.

Along with earning a HyperionDev certification, students will also get career guidance and job search support once they have completed their bootcamp successfully. Career services include interview preparation, CV and portfolio preparation, and access to HyperionDev’s hiring network.

Recent HyperionDev Reviews: Rating 4.65

all (175) reviews for HyperionDev →

Recent HyperionDev News

Read all (9) articles about HyperionDev →
  • Certified Full Stack Web & Software Engineer Bootcamp

CSS, Express.js, Front End, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, MongoDB, Node.js, PHP, React.js, Wordpress
    LocationCape Town, Johannesburg
    Become a master of software engineering and full stack web development principles in our most comprehensive and in-depth bootcamp. This 6-month full-time bootcamp blends online and face-to-face sessions to provide you with a deep and extensive set of tech skills to meet all the demands of the modern workplace. Learn how to manage the front and back ends of a website, create software applications and manipulate data. You will have access to 1-on-1 mentorship, video calls, and professional career support services, with a guaranteed 3-month internship after graduation to cement your skills. At the end of this 6-month online course, you’ll be able to build websites, manage databases, and create applications, and have the confidence to fill the demands of any tech position. ** AVAILABLE ONLY FOR RESIDENTS OF SOUTH AFRICA. MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE ON-SITE CHECK-INS AT CPT AND JHB CAMPUSES **
    Tuition Plans$1249 Monthly $6477 Upfront
  • Data Science Bootcamp

Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. With our Data Science Bootcamp you learn how to use the right software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is off the charts and projected to grow further. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

CSS, Django, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MySQL, Python, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js
    Master HTML, CSS, Javascript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express, React, Python, and Django in 6 months part-time to guarantee your future as a web developer Combination of 3 segments from beginner to advanced: Web Development Essentials Back-end Web Development with Python Full Stack Web Development 6 months/part-time.
    Prep WorkBootcamp Prep course included
  • Software Engineer Bootcamp

C#, Django, Git, Java, Python, Data Science, Data Structures
    Master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles in 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer Bootcamp includes 3 courses from beginner to advanced: Introduction to Programming Introduction to Software Engineering Data Science and Algorithms Part-time, online 1:1 personalised daily mentorship
    Prep WorkBootcamp prep course included
  • The University of Edinburgh Data Science bootcamp

Python, Machine Learning, Data Science
    Cost£7,500
    Data is only as valuable as the person interpreting it. In this highly intensive and skills-focussed online data science course, you’ll learn how to use the best software and techniques to read visual and statistical data and present it in a way that solves real-world problems. Master the Python programming language, learn the fundamentals of machine learning, and start using data science libraries such as scikit-learn, NumPy, Matplotlib and pandas. As data becomes the world’s most valuable resource, the demand for data scientists is rising rapidly. Master the tools, techniques and knowledge required to think like a data scientist and switch to this highly valued, sought-after career.
  • The University of Edinburgh Full Stack Web Developer bootcamp

React.js, Node.js, MongoDB, JavaScript, HTML, Express.js, CSS
    Cost£7,500
    This comprehensive full stack web development course, teaches you to build your own dynamic, data-driven web applications. Learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node.js, MongoDB, Express and React in just 3 to 6 months, and begin your career as a web developer. By 2021, it’s projected 1 million computer programming jobs in the U.S. will go unfilled – as well as 700,000 in Europe – thanks to unprecedented demand for qualified web developers in the tech sector.
  • The University of Edinburgh Software Engineering bootcamp

Python, Machine Learning, Java
    Cost£7,500
    In this Software Engineering bootcamp, you’ll master Python and Java and learn to apply important computer science, data science and software engineering principles. Learn Python, Java, Object Oriented Programming, and machine learning in just 3 to 6 months to guarantee your future as a software engineer. Software engineering is a creative career that allows you to work with software, hardware and other computer systems in a wide variety of industries and jobs. This software developer course will place you at the heart of the digital economy, with endless scope for growth. Start your coding journey today towards becoming an in-demand software engineer.
  • Enzu • Data analyst

My experience with Hyperion Development is outstanding, the mentors are great and they help you to get through those tough tasks that you may be struggling with. They also understand your circumstances and help where they can! The curriculum is up to standard and teaches you everything you need to know to start working. I found a developer intership only 5 months into my course, and am completing the rest of my studies at the moment. If you are struggling to decide where to study look no further Hyperion Development is where it’s at

• Louis Botha • Graduate

My course consisted of very good course material. The support I received was of the highest quality.

• Joakim • Graduate

I did the 12 week course, very happy with what I've learned and it was a great course for beginners.
    The only remark I have is that it would be nice with a little more feedback on the code you write. Although everytime I had a question I got help failry quickly.

All in all it's a good course for beginners that doesn't go too deep into the details but gives you the tools to do that yourself once you have finished it.

• Gina • Student

This Bootcamp was a great 6 month course to get me ready to enter the IT sectorr. I recently decided to change careers, when I signed up for the Bootcamp in December 2017, I was given lots of support and assistance to get things up and running quickly. I progressed through the tasks, with the help of my Mentor. who responded within 24 hours of my questions. Good Bootcamp for anyone anting to enter into IT and make a career change. Even if you are leaving school, it will show you the different tools to become a knowledgable web developer. Thanks Hyperion :)

• Good...better
    - 6/19/2018
    Dip Rawal • Graduate
    Good code with brilliant after service sum it all up. Course could use some updating and more lively but the job search is beyond great,fast and effective.
  • Chandra M. • Student

My experience with Hyperion Development has been nothing short of amazing. While I only officially start my bootcamp in April (I was supposed to start in January but was thankfully allowed to postpone to April), Sobane and the rest of the team have been very helpful and accommodating. I initially felt intimidated starting the bootcamp because I have no background in maths, science or coding but I no longer feel intimated as the Hyperion Development online talks on what it means to be a web developer have made me feel relaxed and excited to start my journey into the world of tech. I look forward to officially starting the course.

I had a great experience with Hyperion Development. The support was great and the course helped me not only improve my programming skills but also think like a true programmer.

• C# Essentials
    - 3/11/2018
    Dashan Pillay • Analyst • Student

Hyperion Dev is the first institute I've joined that is based online and I enjoyed the content as it is informative and relevant.

I have experience in the industry and after joining Hyperion Dev it has definitely opened up many more opportunities from a professional perspective.

They are also reasonably priced compared to other institutions and their staff are always helpful and accommodating.

I am still interested in completing other courses offered by Hyperion Dev and look forward to learning and developing new skills with them in future.

• Mnr
    - 2/21/2018
    Stephanus • Student

I wanted to start a bootcamp but did not know from whom and where.I wanted a bootcamp that is recognized and will teach me from start to finish. HyperionDev was the best of them all.I got feedback on my code so fast that I could not even stretch.The tasks are hard and challenging how it should be, my mentor was always there if I got stuck or did not understand a piece of code. I recommend them 100%.  After you have completed your bootcamp they help you with your CV and they connect you with their partners for an opportunity at work.

• Mr
    - 2/21/2018
    Thabang Rakgoropo • Junior • Student

The courses at hyperion dev are exciting and the course content is professional.The one on one mentor is the major support which helps me to solve difficult questions.The hyperion team is is so supportive and caring .I highly recomend hyperion dev as a first step for any one wishing to be a developer.

• Jannah Ruthven • Student

I started the Hyperion Web Development course at the end of last year, and have been enjoying every moment!

I decided to do the course as I was searching for a more structured and disciplined way to learn the back-end side of website development. There is so much information out there and I attempted to teach myself, but I found that it was tough to keep up with all the different avenues of online info.

Hyperion has provided me with a way to understand programming and code in a more in-depth and applied manner!

I have only completed the first phase of the course, learning PHP and HTML, and can't wait to start the rest. Typically I spent  2-4 hours on each task, which was extremely manageable as I am working full time and doing the course on a part-time basis.  IF you were doing it full time, I think you would easily be able to finish the first phase of the course in a few weeks.

Not only is the course material clear and informative, but by being assigned a mentor, I had constant assistance with any concepts that I struggled with.  And it was all done online.

The course definitely requires self-discipline and independent research from the student. But those skills are necessary for success in any field!

To summarise, Hyperion has provided an easy, clear and applicable learning experience for me, who previously knew nothing about coding.

• Byron • Student

This course has been a truly enriching experience. I have learned so much through it and have grown in both skill and confidence as a coder. I would recommend it to anybody - nomatter your skill level, because of the amazing support offered by the mentors.