hack-reactor-logo

Hack Reactor

Austin, Boulder, Denver, Los Angeles, New York City, Online, Phoenix, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle

Hack Reactor

Founded in 2012, Hack Reactor is a 12-week immersive coding school providing software engineering education, career placement services, and a network of professional peers. Hack Reactor has campuses in San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, and New York City, as well as an online, remote immersive (full-time and part-time)​. During the first six weeks at Hack Reactor, students learn the fundamentals of development, full stack JavaScript and are introduced to developer tools and technologies. In the final six weeks, students work on personal and group projects, using the skills they have learned, and learning more. After 800+ hours of curriculum, students graduate as full-stack software engineers and JavaScript programmers.

Hack Reactor’s immersive program is known for demanding a starting skill set beyond that of a beginner, so the applicants should allow 2 to 4 months for the admissions process. Applicants should start by enrolling in one of Hack Reactor's free or paid prep programs to learn the basics of JavaScript and prepare for Hack Reactor's technical interview. The technical interview lasts an hour and covers coding problems in JavaScript related to the prep course curriculum. After passing the technical interview, students begin Hack Reactor's 80-hour precourse.

Job preparation is integrated into the curriculum, and students will build an online presence, resume and LinkedIn profile by graduation. Hack Reactor places alumni in mid-to-senior level positions at companies in tech, including Google, Salesforce & Microsoft, with an average graduate salary of $105K (2017 San Francisco student outcomes survey; 81% survey response rate).

Recent Hack Reactor Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (247) reviews for Hack Reactor →

Recent Hack Reactor News

Read all (55) articles about Hack Reactor →
  • Full-Time Software Engineering Immersive

MySQL, AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    October 21, 2019
    San Francisco, Austin, Los Angeles, New York City, Denver, Seattle, Phoenix, Boulder, Online
    The Hack Reactor immersive coding bootcamp is focused on building autonomous, fully capable software engineers. Every unit in our curriculum has been pored over numerous times to optimize for educational power and efficiency. The first half of the course is often described as “drinking from a firehose” because of how much information it packs in. In the second half, you use your new skills to build projects, while learning new technologies on the fly. By the end you will be an autonomous engineer, capable of tackling unique, unfamiliar problems and building complex applications.
    After you have been accepted, a small deposit is required in order to secure your spot in the class.
    Around half of our students receive help in financing their Hack Reactor journey. We work with lending companies that understand the investment you are making in yourself.
    Financing options are available.
    Refund / Guarantee
    $1.3MM Hack Reactor Scholarship Fund - visit www.hackreactor.com/scholarships to apply!
    Students need to demonstrate they are: fluent with JavaScript fundamentals, able to think like an engineer, are driven learners and empathic communicators. We have a free prep program to help you develop these skills.
    Hack Reactor focuses on merit, not prior experience. We provide prep programs for students from any background to study and pass admissions. Take our free self-paced online prep program or a live online prep class to prepare.
    Interview
    December 9, 2019 - San FranciscoApply by November 2, 2019
    October 21, 2019 - Los AngelesApply by September 14, 2019
    December 9, 2019 - Los AngelesApply by November 2, 2019
  • Remote Part-Time Software Engineering Immersive

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    October 29, 2019
    Learn full-stack engineering over nine months. Same Hack Reactor curriculum, program and quality - no need to quit your job. Class is held live online with two weeknights and one half-Saturday per week plus required independent study.
    Applicants who would otherwise be unable to attend Hack Reactor may split their tuition into installments and finish paying a portion of tuition up to six months after graduation.
    Refund / Guarantee
    Interview
    October 29, 2019 - Online
    December 9, 2019 - OnlineApply by November 2, 2019

• Owen Dismuke • Software Engineer • Graduate

When deciding how best to advance my software engineering career, I faced many choices. Ultimately, I decided on the Advanced Software Engineering Immersive at Hack Reactor. After passing my second technical interview (yeah, it's to that level) and finishing my pre course work, I embarked on the best three months of solid, intensive learning.

I set the bar high before I started. Hack Reactor just laughed as we passed the bar in the first few weeks. If you are passionate about coding as a lifestyle and want to make lifelong friends with your cohort-mates, class leads, tech mentors, and Hack Reactor staff, apply!

• Changed my life
    - 9/4/2015
    Albert Tang • Graduate

Before Hack Reactor I was making minimum wage. One week before graduation I received an on-site interview and three weeks later I received the offer: six-figure salary, 40 hour work week, public company, great culture.

I can easily say it changed my life.

But if your plan is just to study hard for the acceptance and cruise you will be disappointed.

• Shanan Sussman • Full-Stack Software Engineer • Graduate

When I first applied to Hack Reactor, I was a little sceptical of all the claims made by HR in terms of job placement and experience. It was also a rather large financial commitment and so I was doubly concerned. But going in for the interview and seeing the school radically shifted all those perceptions. The place was a abuzz with activity and seemingly endless students working on cool stuff.

Going through the actual program was no different. It was easily one of the most challenging and productive 3 months of my life. It pushed me in new ways I honestly didn't know that I was capable of and without question think it was one of the best life decisions i've made.

It's a pretty special place and I'm incredibly glad that I got to take a part in it!

• Austin Liu • Graduate

Hack Reactor was my second computer science training experience. My first was getting my CS degree from CSU Hayward (now called CSU Eastbay). The breadth of material covered and the fostering of community and class bonding was excellent, however, I must admit the intensity was a bit high for me. Not having my Saturdays to myself for three months wore me out, but I survived. Be aware before joining that the pace is really quick and there is not as much review and follow-up on material that has been covered; if you fall behind, you'll need to catch up in the little remaining time you have with the mentors they offer or other resources you might find. This can be rather difficult. I was most impressed by how much job hunt / interviewing / resumé prep they offer, and the alumni resources are world-class. I learned a lot about working with teams of other developers, something that my college CS courses never taught me. Over-all, I recommend it, but only if you are hard working, work well with others, are very smart, and can endure this kind of environment.

Be aware that the cirriculum is JavaScript centric; while this positions you well for many of the jobs out there, and certainly teaches you enough CS, you may need to learn many other technologies such as Python or Ruby if what you're aiming for is the center of the web application development job distribution histogram.

• Richard kho • Hacker in Residence @ Hack Reactor • Graduate

TL;DR - this was the single greatest experience of my life. I have zero regrets and would do it all over again.

The overall goal of Hack Reactor is not to "get you a $105k+ job". The fact is, you are in charge of your destiny. Your education at Hack Reactor revolves around becoming an autonomous learner. Your goal is to learn software engineering, not memorize Javascript frameworks and libraries.

For the first six weeks, you're going to deep dive into lectures and pair programming sprints. It's a total immersion in software engineering: you tackle data structures, algorithm challenges, MVC frameworks, servers, databases, deployment, and much more. If this seems overwhelming, don't be worry - we're in this together.

Your support comes in the form of the instruction staff, technical mentors, class shepherds and leads, and most importantly your fellow peers. For the last thirteen weeks (twelve + solo week), I have spent over 800 hours with the same ~64 peers. I have never felt more supported and engaged before.

The second half of your time is defined by three group projects and the most intense, informative, and useful job search preparation I have ever encountered. There's a very different dynamic between the first and second half portions of the course and a common complaint is the perception of a lack of support during it, but I feel like that's simply unreasonable -- especially when you have all of your peers to lean on. Your group projects are intended to simulate real world work environments and help you learn  workflow, deployment, testing, continuous integration, and overall working with a team.

The job search support at Hack Reactor is second to none. We spent several days working on our resumes, iterating over them and improving them over and over again. By the time I was finished, my resume looked so much better than when I started, and I like to think that I used to have a good grasp at writing resumes. There's a sprint where we do the same for cover letters. The support continues with mock interview sessions, endless whiteboarding, and lectures on jobs search and interview strategy. I feel like the job search support at Hack Reactor is worth the price of admission alone.

I have officially spent twenty weeks on Hack Reactor's curriculum so far - eight on the pre-course, twelve on-site. I also started the first of my twelve-week residency with the program this week. I loved my experience so much and wanted to give back to this community. I'm excited for my peers who are well into their job search and can't wait to see where they end up within these next twelve weeks.

If you've read this far and are still thinking about attending Hack Reactor, just go for it. You're going to have the best time of your life while working towards a career change.

Hack Reactor manages to exceed expectations every step of the way, from admissions through the alumni program. The staff here is relentlessly passionate about cultivating and iterating on the curriculum, technical mentorship, space operations, student outcomes, hiring team, and the alumni program. Hack Reactor is on a rocket ship trajectory, and I'm infinitely thankful I jumped on board.

• Anthony • Software Engineer • Graduate

I am a graduate of another coding bootcamp (Metis 13 Ruby on Rails Immersive) as well as HackReactor. I can confidently say that HackReactor is easily 10x higher quality than the other bootcamp I went to. I have never been to any educational institution that has the attention to detail that HackReactor has. Absolutely outstanding experience.

• Kelly • Graduate

It's extremely hard for me to fully express what sort of a difference this program has made in my life and, indeed, in the lives of people around me.

I had my reservations early on and not every single day at Hack Reactor went smoothly. There were moments of struggle, anxiety and deep, deep self doubt. There were times when it felt outright painful, especially when combined with the fatigue and separation from loved ones.

That said, there were even more moments of pure exhilaration. You know that warm, elated feeling you get when your brain is actively engaged in the process of learning something new and exciting and wonderful? Hack Reactor was essentially 800 hours of that feeling.

I come from some programming experience. I wrote some code in high school, dabbled as a hobbyist through college and graduate school and then actually worked for a couple of years maintaining a large code base for a eComm company. In spite what amounts to several years of experience over time, it's completely dwarfed by what I learned at Hack Reactor.

Finally, in terms of tangibles - Hack Reactor isn't blowing sunshine up your stack when they tout their numbers. Those are the real deal. I've been on the job market for less than three weeks after graduation (I was in HR19), and from week 1 onward I had the problem of having more interviews than I could sanely handle. Think about that - I don't know about the rest of you, but in all the industries I've worked in, I've never once had more interviews than I could reasonably manage. After 2 and a half weeks, I have 2 amazing offers from companies I would give my front teeth to work for and likely more on the way. It still doesn't fully feel real to me.

If you get into Hack Reactor, go to Hack Reactor. Yeah, it's expensive. Yeah, it's tough to find lodging in San Francisco. I don't care, find a way.

5/5 stars, would attend again.

• Walker Mellema • Software Engineer • Graduate

About me: I'm a mid-life career changer. I have a BA in Geography from Berkeley and an MBA from UT Austin. I started taking undergraduate programming classes a few years ago, thinking I'd get another Master's degree (in CS) and eventually a job as a software engineer. After a few semesters I got lucky and got an entry level job as a junior programmer. It was good experience, but the pay was WELL below average for a junior engineer and the tech stack was aging rapidly (a mix of C#/.NET, MS SQL, JS, jQuery). Even worse, I wasn't working with experienced engineers (always work with the smartest people you can find, you'll learn faster and become a better programmer) and the company was more interested in pushing new features out the door than producing high quality software.

So, after a year I started thinking about how to put my career on a different trajectory. I wanted to work with sharp engineers using the latest technology and best practices to write awesome code. I stumbled upon developer bootcamps, did some research, and decided to take a chance. I applied to Dev Bootcamp, App Academy, and Hack Reactor, all in San Francisco. The job market is starving for engineers in the Bay Area and it's by far the largest concentration (10X any other place) of engineering jobs in the country, so it seemed like the best place to be looking for a job after graduation.

App Academy seemed like the lowest risk, because you don't pay until you land a programming job, but they turned me down. Hack Reactor was interesting because of their focus on full-stack Javascript. Most of the other schools I looked at were teaching Ruby, although there were a few that taught in Python. Javascript is on a growth trajectory right now. It's embedded as THE front end language of the Internet, and a few years ago Node.js came on the scene (server-side JS) and since then there's been an explosion of new tools and libraries enabling full-stack JS development. Anyway, I made it through the tech interview (you have to study a LOT before you even get accepted to Hack Reactor), and when they accepted me I decided to take the plunge.

I quit my job in Austin, moved to San Francisco and spent 3 months, 70-80 hours per week doing nothing but studying software engineering, Javascript, and JS-related subjects like Node.js, AngularJS, Backbone, and MongoDB. Hack Reactor's primary focus is to teach you how to be a SOFTWARE ENGINEER, Javascript is just the language they chose to teach in. You also learn core engineering concepts like data structures, algorithms and algorithmic complexity/performance, and a lot more. It was an intense learning experience. You cannot master all of the material they expose you to. You'll spend your whole career trying to do that.

In my opinion, these are the things that make Hack Reactor an excellent bootcamp.

1) People: The instructors are all experienced, highly skilled engineers. They could be making a lot more money as engineers. They are dedicated to making HR the best bootcamp in existence, and producing top-notch engineers. They worked longer hours than the students did. The students are also great. HR accepts less than 10% of applicants and they are really good at choosing students you want to be around. You're going to spend all your waking hours with these students for 3 months, so you really want them to be people you like to work with.

2) Philosophy: HR strives for continuous improvement. They take feedback from students every week and change the program every "semester" to make it better. I spoke to HR graduates from the previous year who were a little jealous because the program had grown significantly and included additional topics that weren't covered when they were students. I'm sure I'll feel the same way about the program next year when I see what HR has become in a few more cycles.

3) Job Placement: The entire second half of the program is designed to make you employable. You switch from learning concepts and building small individual projects to working on teams, building bigger projects, learning how to succeed in tech interviews, etc. By the time you get to Hiring Day, where you get to meet hiring managers from roughly 30 companies, you have a substantial GitHub portfolio, a good story to tell, and an excellent chance of landing a job. They also have an alumni program/network, and when it's time to look for your NEXT job, they help with that too. It's too early too tell, but it feels like it's going to be a long-term relationship as my career develops.

There's a lot more I could say about how awesome HR is, but this covers the highlights. I had a great experience, made some good friends, and landed a great job at a startup in SF about a month after I graduated.

Before you get into one of these bootcamps, you're on the outside looking in, reading all of the marketing material on their websites, and asking yourself "Is it really worth it? Will I get a good job after I graduate? Which school should I apply to?". HR's website states their job placement rate is 99%. That sounds too good to be true, but it's not. ALL of the students who graduated from my class found jobs within 3 months. Most of them had never worked as a software engineer before. I could not be happier with my experience at Hack Reactor and I recommend it highly.

• Anonymous • Software Engineer - ClassDojo • Graduate

Hack Reactor was, in a word, awesome.  I was incredibly impressed by their ability to deliver all that they promised.  Below are some of what I believe are their greatest strengths.

• Class Quality - Hack Reactor's admissions are very selective.  Everyone entering the class has a good understanding of the basics of programming.  It's not a 0-60 program.  As someone with several years of prior programming experience (though none of it professional), this made it a great fit.  No time was spent on basic concepts like loops and conditionals.
    • Instructors - The lead instructors are incredibly rigorous in their teaching, and spend a lot of time refining their style.  The dedication shown was beyond that of any teacher of professor I'd had before.
    • Freedom - Much of the course is spent on independent projects, and even the structured assignments are highly customizable, with lots of extra credit.  This allows students to delve deep into their favored interests, and there will always be at least one knowledgable staff member who can help.
    • Job Assistance - We get a lot of practice with our interviews, and great inside tips on applications, resumes, and negotiations.  I would have been lost without all of this personal attention.

Hack Reactor was a wonderful, transformative experience, and I wouldn't be where I am today without it.

• Charles Holbrow • Research Assistant • Graduate

Hack reactor was am briliant fit for me... I'd done lots of programming on my own time... I took a few classes in college, but there were a lot of basics that I was missing: Algorithms, Data Structures, Big O Notation, closures, functional scope.

Hack Reactor really cemented these patterns in my mind, and I'm much more confident with my programming skills. I'm a grad student at MIT now, and I've had some of the best teachers around -- but no experience quite compares with Hack Reactor.

• Do it.
    - 10/28/2014

There are a few moments when you know your life forever changed. Hack Reactor creates one of those, sharply increasing your career trajectory and forging valuable friendships.

I applied to H/R because I knew I love to program, but wasn't satisfied with 'working my way up to software engineer over 3-5 years.' It's been the best decision I've made.

You will learn CS fundamentals, lots of frameworks, product engineering, and much more during an incredibly short time period where you'll work extremely hard.

The people who seemed to get the most from our cohort were the ones who stayed late, got drinks after, and generally bonded around the pain and euphoria of bending machines to our will.

I can't recommend Hack Reactor enough. If they accept you, go; you'll thank yourself a few short months later.

• Christen Thompson • Software Engineer • Graduate

Almost 2 years ago now I in San Francisco for the life changing experience of Hack Reactor.  I had seen a post on hacker news about a new programming school.  3 months of intense learning in Javascript.  I was an IT Director and did some programming  but I knew I wanted to become a developer full time. I interviewed with the founders and I got accepted into the first class!

I was little nervous because they had never done it before. Come to find out I had nothing to worry about,  Marcus, Tony, Shawn and the other instructors were well prepared and organized. When things didn't go exactly as planned they were quick to respond and fix any problems.

The whole course design was project based we would  have a lecture, then a day of coding, code review then a refactor.  Pair programming was a great benefit to me.  Working in pairs made for increased energy as we all pushed each other forward. The material we learned was useful and we used it to build actual apps.  We created our own personal project after and that we separated into groups and created our capstone project which we showed off to employers.

I am amazed at how much we learned in such a short time.  The students were motivated, the teachers all cared about our success and taught us the skills necessary to succeed in the software development world.  I quickly got several job offers after graduation and 2 years later I am working at an amazing company with a great a team of engineers.  This is a place I wouldn't have been without Hack Reactor.,

Thank you Shawn, Marcus, Tony and all the other instructors!  Thank you for creating a place that changed my life, increased my skill set and made me immediately employable after graduation.

• Life Changing
    - 10/18/2014
    Jon Tewksbury • Software Engineer • Graduate

Hack Reactor was the single most beneficial thing I have ever done for myself. I have a Bachelor's Degree from a four year college, and I would have taken the 12 weeks spent at Hack Reactor over my four years in college in a hearbeat, even if I still had to pay the $100k+ to Hack Reactor that I paid in college tuition.

I could wax eloquent about Hack Reactor for pages, but to keep the review short, everything everyone else has said is true. I was a huge skeptic of the metrics that Hack Rector says they keep for hiring stats, and I was already employed full-time with a family I had to take care of. Since I was offered a job two weeks before even graduating for twice what I was making before leaving to attend Hack Reactor, and pretty much all of the people who went through the program with me are getting great offers, I can say the metrics are true.

Hack Reactor changed my life, and I am left with the feeling that I owe them more. I was worried about the tuition beforehand, since it is the most expensive program, but after going through it and seeing the changes it allowed me to make in my life, I feel like I underpaid by quite a bit.

Opportunities like this come around once in a lifetime, if you are considering it, just go for it, I can't imagine your life not being improved many times over by the knowledge and experience that you will get going through this program.

• Blake West • Software Engineer • Graduate

Hack Reactor was one of the most fun and intense 3 months of my life. I was there very early (class #6, which was Aug '13). I truly enjoyed it. If you want a more complete breakdown, I did a weekly blog while I was attending (http://sympatheticvibration.com/category/hack-reactor-journal/). But the short of it is, if you're gonna go to a coding school, you pretty much should aim to go to Hack Reactor, and only consider other options if you don't get in. The teachers are amazing. The students are all very smart and interesting, which really helps give energy to the room and motivate everyone. They do "sprint reflectiosn" every 2 days with students, so they can keep refining and improving the curriciulum. The stuff they're teaching you is on the cutting edge of modern web technology, and they teach it extremely well, which is why the job placement rate is 99%. Also, the salary numbers are completely accurate. I could go on, but just read the blog I wrote, because it details things much more.

• Amazing Experience
    - 10/17/2014
    Andreas Nauleau • Software Engineer • Graduate

Hack Reactor was an amazing experience that I continue to draw from professionally and personally. The school not only teaches you how to develop but they also provide you with job assistance. I was part of the second cohort so the curriculum and class have changed but the spirit is the same. I would recommend the experience to anyone interested in workiing in the tech industry.

• Best Experience
    - 10/16/2014

Hack Reactor is one of the greatest decisions I have made in my career. It jump started me from 0 to 60 in just three months. Great support while learning javascript as well as on the job hunt. Wouldn't have been able to do it in such a short period of time wtihout them. Love the atmosphere and culture that they have built.

• Top notch program
    - 10/14/2014
    Vinnie • Software Engineer • Graduate

I attended Hack Reactor in January 2014 and it was one of the best educational decisions I could have made.  HR has a fantastic all around software engineering curriculum with a focus on JavaScript.

The lecture instructors are generally very helpful and always encourage the students to stop lecture when something is not understood.  The material is a cumulative reflection of all the students that have come before and evaluated its effectiveness, so the lectures are pretty much on point with delivery and the material covered.  You will learn more about JavaScript in a few weeks than you could teach yourself in a few years, easily.

About the curriculum:

Every morning starts out with a toy problem to work on and a solution lecture.  They are questions and problems you will see in your technical interviews.

There are a few weeks of 2 day sprints that encompass things a full-stack engineer might use on a day to day basis.  The curriculum does, as mentioned, change frequently but I think the general outline is still that you'll learn a couple front end frameworks, databases, server-side programming, deployment, testing. The sprints are fun and will have you building or solving something new every few days.  These are usually kicked off with a quick lecture to get you familiar with what you're about to be using but not meant to give away too much.  During sprints there is a help system that students can use to get "unstuck".  Help requests are answered by a variety of people including alumni, hackers-in-residence, staff, etc.

There are two project periods where teams of students can either go offsite and work for a client on something they need done or work on a project of their own.  This is the real meat of the course and where you will learn a ton about engineering.  This experience varies depending on who you work for, who you work with and what your project is but in my opinion, you get what you paid for during this time period.  There is no substitute for actually building something substantial.

Hack Reactor excels in Job Assistance.  There is a period of time dedicated to it in the program.  You will have professional help on resumes, interviewing techniques, technical interview questions, and social media.  You will participate in a hiring day with some super exciting Bay Area companies (we had apple, facebook, bigcommerce, a smattering of various stage start-ups, etc..) and get a chance to have a lightning talk with them and a social event after to get your foot in the door even further with those you liked most.  Hack Reactor will also continue to help you with getting a job long after your course is done and you will be welcomed into any hiring day events if you are needing to find a new job.

At the end, you'll be in a very marketable and employable position.  Most people have jobs within a month or so of graduation, some longer or shorter than that.

All in all, if you're even thinking about applying, do it.  Hack Reactor is a solid choice and you will definitely not regret attending.

The experience at Hack Reactor @ Galvanize will be one that I will never forget. From the instructors to the course material, supporting staff members to the campus, every aspect of this program came together to offer a supportive, learning enironvment essential to building the skills needed to code and become future developers.

On top of learning how to build apps, I've made life-long friendships/mentors, and developed soft skills that will help me in my journey. I am very grateful I was offered the opporunity to learn thru this program.

I was skeptical about coding bootcamps at first, but after Hack Reactor @ Galvanize, I saw for myself why it was such a highly-rated program.

One of my greatest personal takeaways from the program was how it fundamentally changed my outlook on learning, and really stretched the boundaries of what I previously thought was attainable. It still surprises me, up till today, how much I've managed to achieve in such a short amount of time. I can say with confidence that the curriculum preps you well in terms of technical skills, personal growth, and the job search that comes thereafter.

I think the outcomes of the program speak for themselves. I have finally secured a job I've only dreamed of in the past and my only regret is not taking the plunge sooner!

• I liked HR
    - 2/28/2019
    Anonymous • React/Node developer • Graduate

If you truly want to learn this stuff, are fully willing to put in the work and willing to give your life to HR for 13 weeks You will come out and be ahead of other boot camps or people right out school. If you put in the work and there is a lot of it and all very hard then HR will make sure you can success. I also was the in the last class that did Greenfield, Legacy and thesis. Really i had no ides what i was doing till a week in to greenfield. Leaving HR I felt like i was in the buton 15% skill wise. I started my job at the same time as someone who went to dev mountain and the things I knew over him was a big different. The staff is good the info is good like the slides oh my there amazing when i started my job i went back a reread them and there so good. I feel this school is worth it but you as a person has to put in all the work just because you finished from this place does not mean you will get a job or one fast. I had to look for fiveish months before I found one. I walked in to a mid roll coding my first day.

• Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate

I graduated Hack Reactor 2 months ago with confidence in job searchihng. I realized that I really enjoyed working with React and web development in general. Also, I was eager to enrich and refine my backend skills to expert level. I wanted to learn cutting edge frameworks in dynamic and interactive team environment. So, I decided to join Hack Reactor because I heard that Hack Reactor has really good curriculum for both technical and non-technical aspects. I loved it. Experience in Hack Reactor made me even a stronger software engineer with better engineering habits, robust Test Driven Development and Agile experience, practical and scalable development experience, deep exposure with cutting edge frameworks, and soft skill development. In addition, job searching support after graduation from career coach is great. Lastly, instructors and staffs are professional and supportive.

• Great program
    - 9/6/2018
    Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate

Hack Reactor has a great curriculum and overall great experience. It jump started my learning and my career into engineering, but I think there could be more resources and assistance for finding jobs after the program ends.

• Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate

You get in what you put into the program.

This is an opportunity to either improve your career options or to change your life for the better, IF you work at it.

Hack Reactor will provide the environment, curriculum and path to being a software engineer, but only with your blood, sweat, tears (and a little luck) will get you to where you need to be. However, it is a supportive environment both emotionally and mentally that will test your desire and ability to become a software engineer.

Course starts with basic CS concepts - and a chance to review what you should have already covered during precourse and SSP.

Then it shifts towards frameworks and applicable skillsets. The curriculum changes to match industry needs to make sure students are as competitive in the marketplace as possible.